User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-27-2002, 05:17 PM   #561
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Losthuniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Celeaewen, gathering her miniscule courage in hand, curtseyed deeply to the Valar.
"i will come, though my courage is less than others here."
Yavanna turned to her "do not fear. this year there was fated to be a great battle. the time has come. now is the time when all must rise to fight this evil. every hand is needed, though yours are better suited to the harp, i think." Celeaewen was awed, that this great being should take any interest in her, a simple minstrel. she saw others, girding themselves for war. she had no armour or weapons, just her five elvish throwing daggers, given to her by her father.
Manwe spoke to the assembled people
" Now is the time. your task is not to fight Melkor, for he is to great for any of you. you must fight the Creatures he has, that crowd about him in the Void. and you must help his prisoners escape. if you do not, he will torment them, until he has learned what has come to pass in these long ages. this is your task."
a great hush fell upon the crowd, as Manwe opened the spinning Vortex, the pathway to the Void. the Last Host was marching to war.

[ May 27, 2002: Message edited by: Losthuniel ]
Old 05-27-2002, 05:19 PM   #562
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Sam looks around, the light filling his eyes and hearing Morgoth's voice.
"Mister Frodo! What's happening!? Are we beatin' him, sir?
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 05-27-2002, 05:37 PM   #563
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Suddenly Morgoth overpowered the singing.

"Fools! Now you shall forever suffer!"

But before he could torment the five in the void a great army of Middle Earthians and Valar stormed into the void.

A great battle begain.
Old 05-27-2002, 06:35 PM   #564
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

the Last Host marched to war, as the hearts of more than a few misgave them. they were marching to War against the Unknown, and it was highly unlikely that they would return.
Celeaewen had changed to breeches, which were easier to fight in than her dress. Beside her, Rosseil quaked with fear, though her face was stony. Celeaewen trembled inwardly. sh had little battle experience. though she was a fair aim with her daggers, even in the War of the Ring, she had not fought, except to defend herself. She hated violence of all kinds, and this seemed to be the worst. Their mission was clear in her mind: rescue the prisoners. they walked through the Void, the Valar blasting a path through the dark wall.
thre were alll manner of creatures surronding the prisoners, and few of them mortal. they saw a great host pass before them, seeming slightly transparent. it seemed the Valar had empteid the Halls of Mandos, to give battle, along with the miniscule force still living.Celeaewen saw this only vaugley, for she was fixed on the prisoners. now that the mission was clear in her mind, there wa no going back. many of the prisoner's guards were Maiar, and the shadow-host and those gifted with mafic engaged them immediatly,leaving those without to deal wioth things that could be slain, like the dragons. Rosseil chose an arrow from her quiver, and aimed at a dragon's eye. Celeaewen, at a moment's hesitation, joined in the fray, aiming her dagger at the same dragon's other eye. the beast spouted flame, and Celeaewen was terrified, but this was her mission, and she must see it through. a force of about seven took on the same dragon, the three archers riddling it with arrows, and the swordsmen hacking at it. Celeaewen was repulsed by the blood, but threw herdaggers anyways, because her life depended on it, and the lives of those around her.
Old 05-27-2002, 07:18 PM   #565
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Birdie grabbed a chair and joined the fray.
Old 05-27-2002, 07:40 PM   #566
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rose still had her borrowed knife with her and she started to attack the creatures around her to little effect.

She got into an intence fight with one and the blade was knocked from her hands and it was kicked from her reach.

Feeling like a coward she ducked behind her comrads and started to search for a sutible weapon substutute.
Old 05-27-2002, 09:15 PM   #567
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Frodo is bravely battling a Maiar, whigh is about twice his size. "It was working, Sam. DIE filth!!!"
The Maiar knocks Frodo's sword out of his hand and slashes him across the right side
"Auuugh!" his ladt words before swooning are "I'm.....sorry"
Old 05-27-2002, 09:25 PM   #568
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sam: Mister Frodo! Noooooooo!

Stacey: *Doesn't have a weapon, but runs forward and scoops the fallen hobbit up in her arms as though he were one of the children she works with*

Primrose: Miss Stacey, duck!

The human woman does so, and an arrow whizzes over her head and strikes the creature behind her in the neck. It falls, and Stacey runs back to Sam.
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 05-27-2002, 09:30 PM   #569
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo is partially awake...
"ooh.....nice...."

"I'm all right, I think..."
Old 05-27-2002, 09:37 PM   #570
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey: It's nice to have to have had to take first aid for little kids, too....
*Looks at Frodo's wound* Ai...Sam! Get me some towels! There might be some behind the bar!

Sam: *Wiping tears from his eyes, manages to get up and stumble back to the bar. He comes back with ten or eleven washrags*

Stacey: Thank you Sam, that should do. *Pulling up Frodo's shirt to expose the wound, she begins to place the washrags on it. As one gets soaked through, she places on another.*
Come on, stop bleeding already!
Old 05-27-2002, 09:46 PM   #571
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo is, needless to say, in pain.

"I tried, honestly, it was working, until that thing showed up. Beyond all toer strong and high....."
Old 05-27-2002, 09:54 PM   #572
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

OOC: Sad to say, I have to leave the feilds for tonight. Back to the grind tomorrow. However: "I shall return!" *Wait-this isn't Korea...*
Quote:
"It's a shame to wake you." whispered Sam, "but that's what you said. "
Old 05-28-2002, 01:00 AM   #573
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Child gasped and looked about in amazement. She truly could not believe how many Downers had raised their voices in song, and now how many came forward with weapons attempting to fight off Morgoth's little minions who had joined about the prisoners.

Child herself was a bit short on weapons, although she still had a battered mailbag which could be aimed strategically at heads and eyes. She felt like a beserker from an epic she had once read She certainly was not going to spend the rest of eternity with Morgoth. So she continued to bash away.
Old 05-28-2002, 05:52 AM   #574
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

After about 5 minutes of searching for somthing Rose could use for a weapon, she spotted a stray arrow next to her.
It was still in pritty good shape.
She scooped it from the ground and thrust it into the nearest minion she could find. She continued doing this with the arrows she found.
Old 05-28-2002, 08:39 AM   #575
Veritas
Wight

Veritas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Suddenly a great battle was begon. Everybody was fighting with minions of Morgoth, but Veritas followed Morgoth, who seemed to want to leave.
Suddenly she knew it. Morgoth used this oppertunity to go back through the gate that the REG made, and come on Middle-Earth again.

"I must tell somebody, I can't stop him alone." she thought. She run after him, and after a while she saw the sunlight!

In a split second, she knows what to do. The wizard stops running, and begins to yell:"Morgoth, want to go back to Middle-Earth? Then you first must pass me!"
"Why do I say this?" She thinks when Melkor stops and turns around.

"You Want To Stop Me? Then Try It!" And Morgoth blast Veritas away with a strike of his hand.

"I musn't give up, oh, somebody help me please!"

[ May 28, 2002: Message edited by: Veritas ]
Old 05-28-2002, 09:23 AM   #576
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rose hears Veritas' call for help and goes to aid her. On the way she looks for the elven knife she had come to depend on and found it.

She runs to Veritas and helps her to her feet from where she was struck down.

Morgoth was still making his way to Middle Earth. She had to stop him. But what chance did a hobbit have ageinst a Valar? Rose ran after him. She could at least stall him until they got more help.

But everytime she came at him, her sword raised he just cast her aside like and anoying insect.

Still Rose kept attacking until Morgoth got tired of her and gave her a mighty blow.

She sunk to her hands and knees with a great pain in her right arm where she was struck.
Old 05-28-2002, 10:08 AM   #577
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo I lying weel covered away from the battle but has a good view. He sees Rose fall. He sits up,to qouckly it seems from the pain that flashes through his side.
"ROSE!!!! NOOOOOOOO!" He tries to get up and help her but fals after only a few feet
"Oh, Rose......."
Old 05-28-2002, 10:11 AM   #578
Child of the 7th Age

Tolkien

Child viewed the distant scene with Rose and Veritas attempting to block Morgoth's exit. Alhough they were not able to strike a deadly blow, they were able to hold their own for at least a few seconds.

She shook her head in disbelief. By all standards that she was aware of, a Vala, even a fallen one, should have been able to blast the two of them into oblivion--or whatever passed for oblivion when you were standing in the middle of the Void. Obviously, Morgoth had been seriously weakened by his sojourn in this miserable place and presumably by the strictures which Manwe had placed on him.

If only, if only, they had a bright, bright light, one of the Simerils or the phial of Galadriel or something like that. Child was sure that this could be used to halt Morgoth from the headlong path he was taking towards what appeared to be a portal leading into the world of mortals.

"Stop, Rose and Veritas," she screamed. "Weapons will not help us. Can't one of you or someone else find a bright light? It may not kill him (come to think of it, probably nothing will do that), but it will help us to control and contain him. At least he won't get through to our family and friends."

Don't any of you elves carry a bit of star glow. Even a flashlight would help!"

[ May 28, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 05-28-2002, 10:16 AM   #579
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo, still lying on the ground hears a voice in his head "a light when all other lights go out". Quickly rolling on his back, hr searches his breast "Oh tell me I Haven't lost it! Oh Here!" The phial of Galadriel blases forth, as bright as day itself "Gilthonoel! A Elbereth!" he ceias as loudly as possible "Aiya elenoin ancalima!"

[ May 28, 2002: Message edited by: Frodo Baggins ]
Old 05-28-2002, 10:38 AM   #580
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

The pain in Rose's arm starts to corse through her entire body. She was slipping into uncontiousness.

Then she heard Frodo and looked up to see the light of Galadriel's phial. She smiled.

Then she closed her eyes and knew no more.
Old 05-28-2002, 10:43 AM   #581
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

ooc:: Sam- Sorry about the mixup - writing scenes for all the characters - I've never played an RPG before so don't really know any 'rules'. Mostly I do interactive fanfic on another site where each author manipulates the characters for each scene. Back to the action --::

Pio saw Rose fall when Morgoth struck her. She ran to check on her little friend and saw that she was not mortally wounded. Propping her up against a rocky outcropping, she gave her a drink of miruvor to revive her spirit and body.

Once certain her companion was going to be alright, pio turned her attention to the problem of Morgoth and his attempted return to Middle Earth. She thought about trying to reset the REG, but the villainous Valar still had it tucked under his arm.

His shadow was growing smaller and smaller, even to her elven eyes as he walked through the long corridor between the Doors of Night and Middle Earth.

She saw Veritas bravely trying to slow his progress, but to no avail.

A small, simple plan formed in her feverishly working brain. Running like the wind she came to the chamber to which he had first taken them. 'It has to be here, someplace.' she said, quickly and methodically searching the area. 'I know we hid it here before the battle broke out.'

She found it, beneath a thin layer of rocky debris,wrapped securely in a grey cloak. Now if she could only remember what Veritas had taught her.

Opening the top to the laptop, she pushed the 'on' button, a small prayer to Eru that there would be some juice left in the battery. The screen came on, the 'DoN' icon pulsed ominously on the left. She opened the program and forwarded through a number of screens until she saw an anime of Morgoth descending toward a graphic of ME.

'Well, here goes!' she thought. She clicked on the 'back' button until there was a return to the original screen which had invited them to enter the game. Hopefully that had brought Morgoth back to his original starting position. Then, crossiing her fingers for good luck, she closed the game screen and dragged the program icon to the trash bin and the proceeded to run the 'uninstall' program on it.

'Good, almost done!', she murmured as the uninstall continued. But the amber warning light for 'low battery' seemed to be flickering into life . . .
Old 05-28-2002, 10:55 AM   #582
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo had not the strength to stand. Seeing Poisenniel tend Rose made him relax a bit. He could not hold the phial up like that forever. he set it in his hands upright upon his breast, loked at its glorious light for a few moments, and then remembered no more.
Old 05-28-2002, 11:32 AM   #583
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

Frodo crouch, head bowed, as the light of the phial blazed from his hand. How long could he hold up the phial and keep Morgoth from advancing.

Meanwhile the laptop in Piosenniel's lap flikered feebly, as the message window enquired "Are you sure you want to delete this program?"

Pio struggled against an unseem force that seemed to be trying to keep her hand from the mouse pad. Slowly she dragged the arrow to the message window, and with her last strength clicked the "Yes" button!

"Noooooooooooo!" screamed Morgoth, as suddenly, a giant trash can swooped down through the Void and sucked him in. A mighty hand slammed the lid on the violently shaking dumpster. Then with a flash, Hand and dust bin were gone.

"Yes!" screams Birdie. Eru takes out the trash!"
Old 05-28-2002, 11:50 AM   #584
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo was wondering how much longer he could hold out. He was struggling to stay concious. His pain was returning in his side and breathing was difficult. He saw Morgoth tossed into the trash. ".....Good....it..has...*gasp*..come..." He gave in and fel to the ground.

Old 05-28-2002, 12:16 PM   #585
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

As she helped others battle yet ANOTHER dragon, Celeaewen saw a great trash can swoop down and scoop up Morgoth. all the Creatures dissapered, and Celeaewen found herself trying to stab thin air. she sagged down to the "floor".
" o thank Elbereth."
many others like her collapsed, some worse wounded. Celeaewen had got caught in a small spurt of dragon's blood, and it had burned her arm. thankfully, it was not serious, unlike Frodo, who had been wounded by a Maia. Many were wounded, thu=ough most were alive, which was miraculos, considering what they had done. Celeaewen sighed with relif. the Battle was over.
Old 05-28-2002, 12:33 PM   #586
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Rosseiliantiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Rosseil was holding her arm, which had been spattered with dragon's blood. It was (obviously) hurting quite badly and she was just barely holding back tears. She was readying herself for the next attack but when she looked around, the dragon was gone. In fact, all of the creatures of evil were gone. She looked frantically around for Celeae, and saw her sprawled in the coner, bbut alive. Rosseil ran over to her and gave her a big, one-armed hug, and saw that Celeae had been hurt as well. she pulled her to her feet & they set off to find the others.
"what happened? I looked up one minute & they were all gone! did we win? was it us or the Valar or what? is everybody all right?"
"Whoah, slow down, Rosseil! and to be perfectly truthful, i have no idea."
Old 05-28-2002, 01:02 PM   #587
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Child circulated among the many wounded. She didn't have much to work with. She tore off strips of her long skirt to work as bandages. And she did have a small bottle of water which she always carried at her side.

She looked in dismay at the pages of her annotated Silm. There weren't any germs in the Void so surely this material would be sterile. She gritted her teeth and began wrenching the pages out of the binding. She closed her eyes while she did it. She knew this was too important not to do but she didn't particularly want to watch its destruction.

Then she began to use the pages to mop up blood and other assorted remains. Ugh, Child didn't have much talent as a healer, but she was trying her best. She felt like dumping all this horrible stuff back in the trash can where Morgoth resided, but she knew she dare not take the lid off. To say nothing of the fact, her companions would probably throw her in, if she did anything so stupid!
Old 05-28-2002, 03:26 PM   #588
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo is lying on the ground, tears runnung down his face. "Oh, Child!" he thinks to himself. He thinks for a moment "Yes, yes I can give that to her. If I ever get to it....."

Old 05-28-2002, 03:57 PM   #589
Gimli Son Of Gloin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gimli Son Of Gloin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Gimli drains his 784th glass.
Old 05-28-2002, 05:36 PM   #590
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Menelduliniel gives up on the battle and goes to join Gimli in his drinking.

Have room for an Elf over there? And any extra ale? Or ANY liquor?
Old 05-28-2002, 05:53 PM   #591
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Pio felt herself skimming down a long corridor of light and silence, using the now dead laptop like a sled. A sudden whoosh of air & a riot of color and sound assailed her as she fell through the end of the tunnel, landing on her backside on the banks of the Anduin. Near her in a grey heap was Veritas, rubbing her head as if a large headache had invaded it.

Looking around carefully for any signs of Melkor, she walked over and retrieved the laptop. Trashcan or no trashcan, she decided that no loose ends should be left to link the Void to Middle Earth. Taking her small knife from her belt, she pried out all the memory components of the now innocent appearing laptop and drawing her elven blade, she skewered them with a decisive thrust. The green wire that had connected to the REG she hacked into minuscule pieces and threw them in the Anduin. She still worried that Melkor had made off with the REG, but she hoped that the trashcan would be able to contain any tries by him to use the REG.

She walked over to Veritas and helped her to her feet. 'Come on, friend, we're back home & things are safe. I think we've earned some food & drink!'

'Isn't that Gimli, over there with a large tankard in front of him? Let's join him; I think we have some catching up to do. And oooh, I smell wild mushroom stew with herbed dumplings!!'
Old 05-28-2002, 06:39 PM   #592
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey looked around. People were converging back on the feild, looking tired.
She still held Frodo in her lap, passed out after his wielding of Galadriel's vial. She turned to Primrose.

Stacey: Prim, I know you hate that skirt...since you've got knee breeches under there, take it off, would you? I need it.

Primrose: *Happily tears off the skirt.*

Stacey: In turn, tears a portion off and uses it to bind the towels to Frodo's wound.
Old 05-28-2002, 07:26 PM   #593
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo opens his eyes "Hullo Stacey. Where's Sam? Did we win? Someone said that being wounded by a Maia was worse than something. Will it kill me?" Frodo ceases speaking, breathing is too painful on its own.

Old 05-28-2002, 08:26 PM   #594
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey: That's something I don't know, sir.
Primrose*Looks around* HEY! Wounded hobbit over here! Anyone know anything about wounds given by a Maia?
Sam: Please, Mister Frodo, please be all right!!
Old 05-28-2002, 09:00 PM   #595
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Frodo reaches out and put a hand on Sam's face. Tears are on both their faces. "Sam, I will live for you sake"
Old 05-28-2002, 09:05 PM   #596
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

Birdie watches as Child rips pages from her beloved Silm to bind the wounds of the B-D warriors scattered around the field. Her heart ached for the scholarly hobbit, "but one who cannot cast away a treasure in need is in fetters, I suppose."

Suddenly she heard someone shout "HEY! Wounded hobbit over here! Anyone know anything about wounds given by a Maia?"

Birdie ran over, ripping off the hem of her favorite cambric shirt as she ran. She saw Samwise, Primrose and Stacy huddling over the prostrate Frodo. "Try bathing his wound with the water in the Phial. It's blessed by the Lady of the Woods herself. It might help a little more than page 382 of 'The Silm', anyway."
Old 05-28-2002, 09:27 PM   #597
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sam: *Wipes away tears, heartened by Frodo's words. At the advice given, he removes the phial from his friend's neck and, looking up at Stacey, who closes her eyes, lips moving in silent prayer, slowly lifts the washrags of of Frodo's wound. It begins to bleed again, but Sam dutifully washes it away with the phial water, blinking back tears.
Old 05-29-2002, 03:05 AM   #598
Veritas
Wight

Veritas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

While drinking with Pio and Gimli and a lot of other people, she smiles, this was how it began, drinking wine with Pio, Birdland and Child.

"Jinkers, a lot happened since I arrived here eight day ago." Veritas sighs and is happy.

"So, what are we going to do now?" Pio asks with a spirit like if nothing happened.

"'What are we going to do now?' Well, rest a little! Maybe an elf like you is not tierd of all this, but I am. But we can do something later, but first, I want a big cup of soup, mushrooms please.!" And she orders two cups of soup.
Old 05-29-2002, 05:06 AM   #599
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ring

Rose's eyes flickered open. She felt her streanth coming back. She looked at her right arm and saw it was bound up in cloth and old book pages. She reconized the pages as part of Child's Silm. Wow, I will really have to find some way to repay Child, thought Rose.

She walked to the center of the party field and looked around at where, just a little while ago she had been celebrating free from any worries.

Then Rose made her way to where Veritas, Pio and Gimli were drinking deep. When she reached them she pulled somthing out from under her arm and held it out to them.

THEY ALL STARED AT IT WITH A MIX OF FEAR AND SUPRISE.

"Is that.....?" asked Veritas.

"It's the REG." finnished Rose.

"We knew that." said Pio, growing angry. "How did you get it?"

"Well," she replied " Remember when I was attacking Morgoth I was able to snatch this from him with my little hobbit fingers. He didn't even know I took it."

Around them, others were now looking very frighned by the sight of the REG as if it were a bomb about to go off.
[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

[ May 29, 2002: Message edited by: Rose Cotton ]
Old 05-29-2002, 05:13 AM   #600
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Sting

It was an uphill task for the RPG brigade to carry the huge entwife Birdland with then after putting much effort in trying to catch her.(We used the REG to sucker punch her... heh heh!)

Cimmerian led from the front, carrying a still loudly snoring Rosa on his shoulder.
He pointed his sword towards the Freestyle RPG room and the brigade began to move, pulling the bound and gagged Birdland behind them. The massive creature was heavy, buy slowly almost imperceptively she began to move as the brigade put their mighty backs and shoulders into the herculean task.

"Onward," shouted Cimmerian, "The prodigal must be returned!"