The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-19-2006, 07:01 AM   #161
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up Not strictly a product, per sé...

Having trouble telling the time? I know I did, that was until someone came up with this little beauty!

Only Ł4.99! (Plus packing and postage of Ł100,000.01)

Big Ben sold separately.*

*The structure itself is called (as far as I know) St Stephen's Tower. The Bell that chimes the hours is called Big Ben.

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 03-19-2006 at 07:16 AM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 12:04 PM   #162
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
"Now All The Time Is Downs Time"

But how would all the civil servants get to their meetings on time? The Downs will bring the country to its very knees! ....meh!.....
Old 03-25-2006, 09:56 AM   #163
Legolas in spandex
Wight

Legolas in spandex has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

I present SamWiser beer

All the taste, twice the carbs.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:31 AM   #164
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
White-Hand And Like a Wight, the thread is raised from the Dead!

I think someone suggested Barrow Downs Chess earlier. So I took it upon myself to design the pieces and board...
Well, it may not be perfect, but its a start.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Barrow CHess.jpg (17.4 KB, 488 views)
File Type: jpg White Chess.jpg (24.4 KB, 492 views)
File Type: jpg Black Chess.jpg (25.2 KB, 472 views)
Old 05-05-2006, 01:03 PM   #165
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Hmmm, Hookbill, I can only comment on that with Tolkien's words, spoken by a certain ruling Elf:

Quote:
In place of the Dark Lord you will set up a Queen. And I shall not be dark, but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night! Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and the Lightning! Stronger than the foundations of the earth. All shall love me and despair!
I didn't realize that my sinister side was showing!

Well done, and funny!

(psst - one of the Fordim figures is obviously meant to be Formendacil...)
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 05-05-2006 at 01:12 PM. Reason: PS
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 02:47 PM   #166
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Does this mean one Hookbill is exchangable for a Lalwende?
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 02:44 AM   #167
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Can you play it like Wizard Chess in Harry Potter?

I like how Fordim is the Black Knight, I'll have Deep Purple riffs going through my head now when I think of him.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:24 AM   #168
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up ... Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
Does this mean one Hookbill is exchangable for a Lalwende?
I never thought of it like that.
My main thought was "Well, I should be the least important piece."

I was thinking of adding Hills and Barrows to the board itself, but it was getting late and I... well... couldn't be bothered.

Oh, and the White Team should probably be the Wight Team.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:46 AM   #169
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
1420! Makin' a move

Sauce as the bishop though? Hmmm. I've never really envisioned him in Bishop's vestments but I guess it is true that loyers tend to cut angles rather than move in straight directions.

Great call on Lal and Esty though! I might have been tempted to name a few other Downers as the Queens but the gentlemen in question might not have approved.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:54 PM   #170
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Quote:
Sauce as the bishop though? Hmmm. I've never really envisioned him in Bishop's vestments but I guess it is true that loyers tend to cut angles rather than move in straight directions
He'd probably be like this:

Note: Saucepan also available as part of the Barrow Downs' hat collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bishop Saucepan.jpg (22.9 KB, 486 views)
Old 05-06-2006, 01:53 PM   #171
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba
He'd probably be like this:

Note: Saucepan also available as part of the Barrow Downs' hat collection.
That 'plot' he's holding? Is he about to lose it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethberry
I might have been tempted to name a few other Downers as the Queens but the gentlemen in question might not have approved.
*hopes Bethberry will spill the beans*
Old 05-06-2006, 01:55 PM   #172
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë
That 'plot' he's holding? Is he about to lose it?
I was originally going to put "Werewolf plot" but I didn't think that was funny enough, so I left it as simply "Plot" so you can fill in the gaps yourself.

Anyway, this Barrow Downs Chess may be subject for a thread in itself!

Oh, and...

For all your DEATH metal and grave music and... well, I ran out of puns... but here is a format to play all your Barrow Music on.

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 06-02-2006 at 10:49 AM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 06:52 AM   #173
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Leaf

Quote:
*hopes Bethberry will spill the beans*
Oh now Lal. All the fun's in how you imagine it.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:46 PM   #174
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
I think someone suggested Barrow Downs Chess earlier. So I took it upon myself to design the pieces and board...
Well, it may not be perfect, but its a start.
How could you have possibly known how badly I've always wanted to be a black knight?

"Come back here! I'll bite both your legs off!"
Old 05-17-2006, 01:59 PM   #175
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I'm a chess piece!
Old 06-18-2006, 07:32 AM   #176
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

It was inevitable.

Now all we need is the rest of the Mount Zoom Challengers and you can race them!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Toy Zoom.jpg (13.6 KB, 426 views)
Old 06-18-2006, 07:50 AM   #177
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Ever wonder what your dreams had to say about your personality? Look no further than
Doctor Dream's Guide to the Subconscious
, by littlemanpoet. As a special bonus, a chapter on Barrow-Downs dreams, complete with dreams and interpretations from this thread is included in an appendix to the text.

Available for $19.95 at your local Barrrow Bookshop.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:13 AM   #178
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Quote:
It was inevitable.

Now all we need is the rest of the Mount Zoom Challengers and you can race them!
Mums across the world will soon be hopping mad and saying "Put that thing away! I don't want to have to clean up all that lava off my nice clean floor!"

Old 06-18-2006, 08:48 AM   #179
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Well, it's better than it being powered by... erm... nuclear waste. Or something.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:31 PM   #180
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Boots

Quote:
Mums across the world will soon be hopping mad and saying "Put that thing away! I don't want to have to clean up all that lava off my nice clean floor!"
I dunno, lava might clean the floor pretty well, except the poor Mum would have to replace several sections of the floor.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:56 PM   #181
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up Bump!

I was just wondering how we're suposed to pay for this stuff without a Barrow Card... then, it struck me! Monies!

Oh, and I'm sure the Saucepan man (or someone) posted about keeping your clothes as Wight as they can be. Well, now you can do the same for your teeth!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wighter Teeth.jpg (10.7 KB, 487 views)
Old 07-14-2006, 01:18 PM   #182
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Those are some sweet looking coins- and I don't say that just because I'm on one of them.

But I must ask... what's the other side look like? Do we get the professor's profile in all it's crownéd glory?
Old 08-31-2006, 10:29 AM   #183
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Bump!

I know Barrow Downs T-Shirts already exist... But I've not seen them for a while. Also, I wanted to try my hand at designing one or two...

Soon to be available from all good clothes shops and some rubbish ones as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Barrow Shirt.jpg (26.6 KB, 509 views)
File Type: jpg Barrow Shirt reverse.jpg (24.3 KB, 488 views)
File Type: jpg zoom shirt.jpg (22.7 KB, 510 views)
Old 08-31-2006, 01:29 PM   #184
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Cool t-shirts! And t-shirts are quite cheap to have printed up, you know, if you wanted to get yourself a unique design.

Esty turned her Barrow Downs t-shirt into a bag and brought it to Birmingham last year, making sure lots of people saw it! I wonder if she has a picture???
Old 09-08-2006, 06:42 AM   #185
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Cool t-shirts! And t-shirts are quite cheap to have printed up, you know, if you wanted to get yourself a unique design.
I may just do that.

Also: have you ever been reading a book and suddenly lost your place? Terrible times! Fed up with using bits of paper and third-rate bookmarks? Look no further than:

Old 09-08-2006, 10:33 AM   #186
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
One should not cross read threads. I caught Rune's post about bookmarks on the addicted thread and this one here, put them together, and thought Rune had made such bookmarks for all his friends! I was going to be so impressed.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:34 PM   #187
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Maybe I should start doing that . . .I would hate to disapoint Kath.

I once was a bookmark you know

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 02:18 PM   #188
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Ooh yes please Rune! You can make me one as a christmas present.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:05 PM   #189
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Boots Random Titles go klepto

Quote:
Also: have you ever been reading a book and suddenly lost your place? Terrible times! Fed up with using bits of paper and third-rate bookmarks? Look no further than:
A nice upgrade, for those who are peculiar enough to have things in common with me: tassely-thingies made out of mithril. They'll come in handy when readers are so entranced by what they're reading that they'll unravel the tassel with their fingers. Then again, perhaps extra tassels with instructions are better. (Lawsuits for mithril-tassel related injuries could result in those annoying warning labels. "WARNING: Will cause more than bruises when in the hands of a content Downer."
Old 11-27-2006, 06:04 AM   #190
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Just thought I'd resurect this topic a tad.

With the increasing lack of interest in The Phantom and Alien serise, the producers thought that, in order to stur up interest again, that some Phantom and Alien costumes were in order. So, here they are:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P and A Costumes.jpg (13.9 KB, 457 views)
Old 11-27-2006, 11:40 PM   #191
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

HB, I just woke up when you took that pic. I told you not to use it.

And as far as Alien- the least you could've done is edit out the face of that half-digested child Alien had swallowed.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:37 AM   #192
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Got a headache?

It's Mandos approved.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:10 AM   #193
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Thumbs up

That has a sinister linguistic closeness to Quietil, the euthanasia/suicide drug as seen in Children Of Men...
Old 09-28-2007, 12:48 PM   #194
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
This is probably one of the few BD-Products I don't feel needs to be produced, but it sertainly does have intertainment value.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:04 PM   #195
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Ugh, I'm in the market for some of that now. My head's inflated with a cold and I'm afraid I'll float up past the pelóri...

~ Ka Again...
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:43 PM   #196
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Pipe Celebrity endorsement is the only way to go these days...

Buy it now at all good shops and some rubbish ones as well.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:46 PM   #197
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post

Buy it now at all good shops and some rubbish ones as well.
What do you consider a rubbish shop?
I was telling my mom about the Remote control operated Mt. Zoom the other day, and my brother pipes up and says "Oooh I want one!!!!!!!"

I think we should have a Barrowdown food court... what would they serve I wonder?
Old 12-24-2007, 09:43 AM   #198
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Pipe Thought I'd bump this thread

We can't be at the computer all the time. So, in order to make sure you never stop thinking about, interacting with and generally being a slave to the Barrow downs, here is the BarrowPhone 5790X9...

It really is as portable as it looks.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:04 PM   #199
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Thumbs up

Is it made by Amstrad?
Old 12-24-2007, 02:10 PM   #200
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
It really is as portable as it looks.
Really? Because that is almost bigger than my backpack! I would love that, but my lap top is smaller than that, well it's not exactly my lap top, it's really the family computer.