The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2010, 01:25 PM   #41
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
YAY! And not a moment to spare!

Well actually a few moments, since roles will be sent out and Night 1 begin tomorrow (have a birthday dinner celebration since my entire family + soon to be brother-in-law just happen to have birthdays in October, and this will be a massive celebration right smack in the middle ). But if I didn't get up to at least 16 signed up, I was going to force myself to cut one of the cobblers, to stay at a 3 to 1, good to baddie ratio. Now that there are 16 (plus later on tonight, will have word from 2 others) all the roles will remain.

I'll change the orginal post now to make more clear the B-W and Bombadil roles.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:50 AM   #42
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Aww now I'm sorry I'm not playing! Volo you must play again soon. Glad to see you back here!

Everybody, have a nice game.
Innocents, win.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:03 AM   #43
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Sign-ups closed. Roles being sent out momentarily. Everyone should get a PM, if you did not get one than PM me back.

Night 1 will officially start when I put up the game thread in 5 hours. But once you receive your roles, wolves go ahead and chatter. Seer send in your first dream whenever.

*rubs hands in anticipation to start....finally*

Edit: Barrow-wight role is staying the same as the original post as essentially a "role blocker." It chooses one person to stun each night, and if it's someone with a role, that person can't perform their nightly duties. There is NO chance the person stays stunned into the next Day.

Last edited by Boromir88; 10-25-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #44
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

All roles have been sent out. Night 1 will begin at the DL, 6pm EST (11pm GMT). I should have the game thread up by that time, but right now I have to run off to practice.

Anything that needs clarified send me a PM.

One more thing...

Anyone who sends in a name during the NIGHT. Please send in your choices at least 1-hour before the deadline. Anything up to the DL will count, but I'll just be a much happier person if they come in earlier and I have time to do the narrations. Thanks.

Barrow-wight, your stun choice just needs to be sent in by the end of each DAY phase.

Last edited by Boromir88; 10-25-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:29 PM   #45
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
For the record, a brief glimpse into my days....

Sally goes to work at 7:00. Sally works all day. Sally gets off work at 4:30. It takes Sally 20-25 minutes to get home. The deadline is 5:00 for Sally.

Sally also has a cold, and as such will be going to bed at about this time every night for the foreseeable future.

Thus, don't expect Sally to be too terribly loud. Or talk in third person again. Ever. :/

That is all. On about your business.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:39 PM   #46
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
I am off to work for now, but I will be back with plenty of time to vote before the DL, but do bear in mind that I will probably be voting about three hours early as I need to go to bed about that time so I can sleep before work.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:08 AM   #47
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
I just noticed that either my computer's adapter or its wire is broken, so I'll be able to play for only as long as my battery lasts. I'll try getting a new adapter tomorrow. If I can't find one soon, my playtime will severly be limited to while I'm at school.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:05 AM   #48
Volo

Update on the adapter. I ordered a new one from seemingly the only place in Finland that has the exact models. With luck I'll get it on Friday and everything will be pretty much ok. But in the unlikely case it doesn't arrive before the weekend, I might miss the majority of Day2 and 3. :/
Old 10-27-2010, 06:02 PM   #49
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Very Important Message

When you watch Glirdan's death video, there is access on that webpage to another video depicting Sally's death.

That video is completely unrelated to this game and was created as a mock up when I was getting used to the animation website settings. Since she and I were chatting while I was practicing ("I got an A on my Hamlet paper!"), the example death was done as an homage to her. I thought she would enjoy the tragic chainsaw death.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:39 PM   #50
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
So I think that has got to be the most entertaining way I've died
Old 10-28-2010, 07:56 AM   #51
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
So I think that has got to be the most entertaining way I've died
Win!
Old 10-29-2010, 05:38 AM   #52
Volo

Drat. Just wrote a lengthy post in the game, but didn't notice I was online when I was posting it. I don't think I'll get another chance to write much toDay.

The post is on strike and I won't be getting my computer working until monday. I might be able to use some computer for a while later, but not for long.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:43 PM   #53
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

My apologies to all for leaving you waiting too long. I've also been rubbishly ill the past few days and right after I ended the deadline had to rush away from the computer for longer than I planned. And wasn't aware that Fea was in the process of making dinner so would be delayed in doing the narration.

Next time I shall let you all know much sooner. Again, my apologies.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:24 AM   #54
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I don't know about America & Australia, but Europe changed from daylight saving time back to standard time last night. This probably means the deadline is an hour earlier for us from now on... right?
Old 10-31-2010, 04:47 PM   #55
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Well, just got home. Realise I missed most of the day (and another vote) but there were unforeseen circumstances I had to attend to. Sorry, but it couldn't be any other way.

I'm not certain what the rules are for missing voting but this weekend was pretty out of the ordinary, hence my lack of participation. It's hopefully out of the way now. Let me know, Boro.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:16 PM   #56
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Well, just got home. Realise I missed most of the day (and another vote) but there were unforeseen circumstances I had to attend to. Sorry, but it couldn't be any other way.

I'm not certain what the rules are for missing voting but this weekend was pretty out of the ordinary, hence my lack of participation. It's hopefully out of the way now. Let me know, Boro.
I said those who miss two straight votes "may" get mod-fired. 'Tis by my disgression and after further running it passed the honorary co-mod, we both still want you. So, you're still in to play as long as you feel you can do so.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:20 PM   #57
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I said those who miss two straight votes "may" get mod-fired. 'Tis by my disgression and after further running it passed the honorary co-mod, we both still want you. So, you're still in to play as long as you feel you can do so.
What he means to say is that it's by his discretion, and that he's run it past me, and that if you miss another vote, I will personally create the most anti-climactic modfire of all time, with your name on it.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:33 PM   #58
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
What he means to say is that it's by his discretion, and that he's run it past me, and that if you miss another vote, I will personally create the most anti-climactic modfire of all time, with your name on it.

Isn't there a thesis you need to be finishing?
Old 10-31-2010, 09:40 PM   #59
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Isn't there a post you promised you'd look at later?

(Note: I was giving Boro crap earlier because he was busy and didn't get to click on my youtube links. That's all I'm talking about here. Just so's it's clear.)
Old 11-01-2010, 12:42 AM   #60
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

That's a relief.

I've never been modfired before and I wouldn't like to start now. Like I said, RL has to come first (actually typing that, I sound like a WoW player) but I hope it's back to situation normal now. Sorry to the other players for running at only 30% so far.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:50 AM   #61
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
You're the one that told me I needed to get back to editing.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:50 PM   #62
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Running on 3 hours of sleep and just got home 15 minutes ago. I can't find any inspiration to do any writing at the present time. I'll open the day at the DL, but I can't bring myself to get the writing finished before then. Ideally since there is no wolf kill tonight, I'll fuse the night with the lynching of Elfie from the day phase. It'll get filled in later when I'm less sleeepy.

Last edited by Boromir88; 11-01-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:48 PM   #63
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilwa in the game thread
5 hours in, and no posts? I'm disappointed.
Bit over three and a half, Muffin, dear. DL is at five for me, and it's now almost nine. Just for clarifications and things. Stupid Daylight Savings!

Also, I'd just like to say some final words....

Dear village,

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Love,
Me

P.S. Also, I can STILL kill you with my brain.

*floats away to terrorize another group of sillies*
Old 11-06-2010, 12:53 AM   #64
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Yay! I'm dead!

Wait.

Wrong.

Oh noes! I'm dead!
Old 11-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #65
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Greenie is having trouble with her computer. If things go well she should be able to be here before the deadline, but if not, she asked me to post her vote if that's okay by the mods.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:52 PM   #66
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Greenie is having trouble with her computer. If things go well she should be able to be here before the deadline, but if not, she asked me to post her vote if that's okay by the mods.
It's ok with me.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:17 PM   #67
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Also okay by me.