The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2010, 02:28 PM   #1
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Admin Thread - WW LXXXIII: Nightmare on the East Road

PREMISE

Butterbur: "You see, we're not used to such troubles; and the Rangers have all gone away, folk tell me. I don't think we've rightly understood till now what they did for us. For there's been worse than robbers about. Wolves were howling round the fences last winter. And there's dark shapes in the woods, dreadful things that it makes the blood run cold to think of..."
~Homeward Bound

The Rangers have left to join Aragorn in the war, and so this game will be set in Bree, when it has become "haunted" by howling wolves and dark figures that Butterbur speaks of.

ROLES

1 seer- Normal seer. One dream per night, and can discover everyone's specific roles (including the cobblers)

1 ranger- Normal Ranger. Chooses one person each night to protect. Can not protect themselves and cannot protect same person 2 nights in a row. (1 Ranger managed to stay behind and protect the beleagured village )

3 wolves- normal wolves, choose one person to kill each night. They can communicate during night only.

I would like to have a somewhat larger village, but instead of increasing the number of wolves (as is usual with larger number of players) the wolves will be receiving 2 cobblers.

Harry Goatleaf- Upon the hobbits return to Bree, they discover Goatleaf has taken up with Bill Ferney and the other strangers. Goatleaf is a normal cobbler. He's included in the innocent tally but desires the wolves victory (and the wolves victory only). He doesn't know who the wolves are

Bill Ferney- Cobbler-Spy. He is also included in the innocent tally but wants the wolves victory (again, wolves victory only). However, each night Ferney chooses a person to spy on and find out whether that person is a wolf or not. Ferney can not find out anyone's specific role, just whether the person he spied on is "yay or nay" to wolvery. If he spies on Goatleaf, the two cobblers can then communicate during the night only.

Barliman Butterbur- The inkeeper of the Prancing Pony is an ordinary villager. He wants the good people of Bree to drive off the evils that are troubling his home. Butterbur's ale is legendary and you will recall was placed under an enchantment of superb quality by Gandalf. If the wolves kill Butterbur at night, his ale is so fabulously delicious they are unable to transform and make a kill the following night. The wolves may still communicate, but will get no kill the following night.

The Barrow Wight- More than wolves have been haunting Bree and the Barrow-wight itself has decided to come to the little town to wreak havoc. Like the werebear, The B-W is on its own team, and wins if it is the last one standing. Being already dead, the B-W is not included in the 'tally' of players. Also, this means the B-W can not be killed by the wolves. So how do you get rid of the haunting spirit? The villagers may "drive" it out of their village via lynch or see the next role.

Unlike the werebear, though the B-W does not have the ability to kill anyone at night (I did this for balance purposes as I only want 1 lynch to 1 kill ratio). However, the B-W by the end of each DAY phase will choose 1 person to "stun" cold. The B-W may not stun the same person twice in a row.

If B-W stuns...

-an ordo. The ordos have no night time activities thus nothing happens other than a PM being sent to the ordo saying the B-W has stunned him/her during the night.

-the seer or ranger. The seer can't dream that night, the Ranger can't protect.

-a wolf. The wolf will be told he/she has been stunned by the B-W and will not be able to communicate with his/her fellow packmates for that night. If only one wolf remains, than the wolf is still stunned and can not make a kill.

-Bill Ferney. Ferney can't spy on someone that night.

*Note: Since any stunning happens at the beginning of each night, if a person is stunned they may still be killed by the wolves, if the wolves have picked the same person.

**Note 2: To WIN, the Barrow-wight must be the last wight standing.

Tom Bombadil- has also come to Bree because he found out the B-W managed to slip in and cause trouble. Bombadil is an innocent, and wants a village victory, but his priority is finding and ending the B-W's terror. Each NIGHT Bombadil sends me a name, if that person is the B-W the B-W is then "killed" and can haunt Bree no more. (Bombadil won't know or be able to find anyone's role). Bombadil can be stunned by the B-W, and if he is, then Bombadil can not send in a name that night. Bombadil may be lynched or night-killed by the wolves and he may never reveal.

Ordos- vote to lynch each DAY.

Wolves win if the number of innocents is equal to, or less than their number. (The Barrow-wight is not included in the tally at all. So with 16 players we begin at 3 wolves to 12 innocents)

The innocents win if they eliminate all evils from their town (wolves and Barrow-wight) - this includes Tom Bombadil.

The Barrow-wight wants everyone dead and wins if its the last thing standing.

RULES

Day/Night phases will be 24 hours each.

Vote as such...

++Insert Name Here

There will be no double lynches. If vote is tied, there will be a coin-toss to determine the winner...erm loser.

DL will be 6 pm EST (11 pm GMT). All votes stamped :00 will be accepted and counted. Any vote coming in at :01 or later, will not.

If you miss 2 straight votes you may be mod-fired, depending upon circumstances or unforseeable issues/internet malfunctions that can spring up.

Note on narrations. The day lynches will be illustrated by Fea. Since several things can happen at night, I will be writing the night narrations and deaths. You all will be clearly informed on what happens (whether there was no kill because of the Ranger, the wolves picked the B-W...or whatever winds up happening).

And let me know if you all think this is properly balanced. I know there are difficult circumstances for the B-W to "win" (having to survive to the end and not being able to kill anyone), but that's sort of the sub-plot of this tale so of course it's going to be more challenging. I thought if I kept it to 1 lynch to 1 kill ratio, it should be no more or less balanced than a normal game. I have just included some extra roles which may or may not have minor effects in the outcome. However, if any of these roles seem to unbalance the game, please tell me now. Also, if there's anything unclear about the roles, ask now.

Without further ado...sign-ups are open.

Fea (honorary co-mod)

PLAYER-LIST
Agan
Eomer
Formendacil
Glirdan
Greenie
Inziladun
Kath
Loslote
Nerwen
Nogrod
Pitchwife
Sally
Shasta
The Elf-Warrior
Volo
Wilwa

(Title inspired by Formendacil. Since it is close to Halloween and Bree is being "haunted" by wolves and dark figures, we thought a Halloween movie-inspired title was appropriate.)

Last edited by Boromir88; 10-25-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:05 PM   #2
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Aww!

This
1) looks lovely
2) is modded by you and you kind of invited me and played in my game

but
1) I was thinking of having a pause from wwing
2) more importantly, I absolutely cannot play between the 26th and the 31st since I'll be in Madrid...

So in case this starts only in two weeks or so, sign me up despite of my noble plans of refraining from ww, but if you plan to start before the 29th or so (like I'd assume) I sadly have to pass this...

Last edited by Thinlómien; 10-14-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
If the game doesn't start until next Friday, I might be able to play (although I won't have much online time in the weekend, either), so sign me up with a (big) question mark. This looks really interesting. (Plus Bree games should always be fun. )
Old 10-14-2010, 04:04 PM   #4
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Looks interesting enough. I am a bit suspicious about the balance, because of so many roles - which is of course dangerous, I mean, you can more or less predict when you have one more role out there, but when it's more, it can get out of hand... if you want a theme for thinking, Boro, you can try to imagine various "what if" scenarios, especially thinking whether BW cannot help the village (or the Wolves, for that matter) dramatically by revealing himself (as nothing can really harm him)... from just very brief attempt of mine to imagine it, I think it might be well-balanced (if you indeed have both BW and TB - also you should maybe just clarify somehow that really there can't be any tactical siding of TB with BW, once TB knows BW's identity, he has to go after him... so that there isn't anything like "BW can be now useful for the village, I know who he is, but I will keep him around for few more days and get rid of him only later").

Nonetheless, you can count me in, unless something dramatic happens which would prevent me from playing...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:22 PM   #5
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Considering that I spent part of the weekend bashing BWs in nethack, I really do have to play. Besides, I promised Boro.

I'll have a good look at the roles later and let you know my opinion.

Also, as far as DL goes, I will pull out if it's any time before 5:00 central. Even that's pushing it, but I could manage; any earlier, though, and I know I'll want to get on at work, which I mustn't. >.<
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:45 PM   #6
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Though I was informed that I could both play and narrate, I'm much too fond of knowing all the behind the scenes gossip. So I'm listing myself as honorary co-mod, which basically just means that I'll know all your roles. Amuse me, village!
Old 10-14-2010, 05:17 PM   #7
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
How about the Barrow-Wight's "stun" would mean that that person is out of the game for the day (24 hours) in what comes to her/his personal input? So no possibility of doing anything that Night or the Day ensuing?

So with an innocent it would mean just the one chosen not being able to post on the Day (an innocent has nothing to do at Night anyway).

With a gifted: not able to pick a new pick for the coming Day (seer loses his dream, ranger can't protect, Ferny can't spy), and needs to remain quiet the next Day.

With a wolf: As soon as the Barrow-Wight has informed the mod, the one wolf chosen would be cut off from any PM'ing with his mates - and like other roles, should remain silent the next Day.

The picks of the Barrow-Wigh (those stone-cold by him that day) should be announced in the thread with the opening narration everyDay (the others would know whom the B-W picked) - but they'd have to be lynchable even if they're away...

In that way I think the B-W's role would actually rise to the importance it craves for...

Needless to say I'm interested - even if I thought it would do good to me not to join the next game- but hey, when do you get a game hosted by Boro?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:49 PM   #8
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Of course I'm in.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:55 PM   #9
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

I wants I wants I wants.

I will be out of town for a couple of days next weekend, but I *think* I'll have internet access randomly, so as long as people forgive my little involvement for 2 days I will definitely be playing!!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 07:12 PM   #10
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boro, you invited me special like, and I feel guilty not joining, but it's really quite impossible. Half the time I have a computer, and half the time I don't, and that's not very condusive to playing. So sorry. And it looks SO fun, what with Butterbur and the Breelanders and real live Rangers and all.

Have a blast, folks. And please don't let the wolves slaughter the villagers like they did in the last game.

-- Foley
Old 10-14-2010, 07:17 PM   #11
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Have a blast, folks. And please don't let the wolves slaughter the villagers like they did in the last game. Unless Sally is one. And then it's totally okay.

-- Foley
Fixed that for you.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:50 PM   #12
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Yes, yes, I know that I'm already on the Player's list but I like getting updates in my User CP
Old 10-15-2010, 12:19 AM   #13
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'll play. *mutters*
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:37 AM   #14
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
I'll play, too.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:17 AM   #15
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
How about the Barrow-Wight's "stun" would mean that that person is out of the game for the day (24 hours) in what comes to her/his personal input? So no possibility of doing anything that Night or the Day ensuing?

So with an innocent it would mean just the one chosen not being able to post on the Day (an innocent has nothing to do at Night anyway).

With a gifted: not able to pick a new pick for the coming Day (seer loses his dream, ranger can't protect, Ferny can't spy), and needs to remain quiet the next Day.

With a wolf: As soon as the Barrow-Wight has informed the mod, the one wolf chosen would be cut off from any PM'ing with his mates - and like other roles, should remain silent the next Day.

The picks of the Barrow-Wigh (those stone-cold by him that day) should be announced in the thread with the opening narration everyDay (the others would know whom the B-W picked) - but they'd have to be lynchable even if they're away...

In that way I think the B-W's role would actually rise to the importance it craves for...
Honestly, no, I think that's really overstretching it. Firstly, I think BW is fine right now the way it is. Secondly, it would be terribly boring, imagine that you are knocked out cold for the Night AND Day, and preferrably also lynched on the next Day! It is totally unfair to people, somebody might sign up for the game, but be knocked out and basically never get a chance to play. It is enough that from time to time people might have to skip a Day because of RL business, I think there is no need to boost it with such things. Thirdly, also it will become clear every Day who was knocked out, and it will also reveal who is NOT the Barrow-Wight then, which, I think, is somewhat against the logic of the role, as the BW tries to stay hidden (as long as Tom is around). So, my personal opinion, it is fine the way it is. I am okay with the rules. The only thing I would consider is what I said in my post above. But that's more like for the Mod to see if there isn't some gap in the rules (which tends to happen and you may realise it only during gameplay, like using a Hunter's list to "find" a Wolf in one of my games, or the thing about six-sided lynch in the previous game).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 10-15-2010, 03:50 AM   #16
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
like using a Hunter's list to "find" a Wolf in one of my games,
Pft. There was nothing wrong with that strategy, and as I recall the wolves won anyway.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:34 AM   #17
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Lommy, 2 weeks may be a bit long to wait, but we'll see. with 10 "gifted" roles I'd like somewhere around 6-8 ordos, so if we double the player list, I'll probably be ready to go. We'll see though, sign-ups have been slow last couple times and I can certainly understand wanting breaks from WW.

Agan, hmm next friday I should be able to do, if I have the full 16-18 players today or tomorrow, I'll probably want to start by Monday. However, if it's not full until after the weekend, I'll wait until Friday and you can let me know about that question mark.

Sally, well the reason I have it right now at 5pm EST is I know every day I can be on at that time to close/open the thread (also it's such a Euro-friendly time). 6pm, I should be on, but somedays might not be. Although, I have an honorary co-mod now who wouldn't mind covering if by chance I'm not around at 6. So if 6pm EST (11 GMT, 5 CT) still works for everyone, we'll go with that DL.

Foley, aww, no worries though, I understand. Do keep reading and following the games if you can.

With regards to the B-W and Bombadil, thanks Legate, because that is something that I should make more clear. I think I wrote it as it was Bombadil's "primary" goal to drive the B-W out of Bree, which is still a bit ambigious. I had originally thought, if Bombadil "wins" when he finds the B-W, than Bombadil also "leaves" Bree as his objective would be complete. However, that would take away a person in the innocent tally, and if that happens relatively late it could have a huge effect. So, instead I thought...well if Bombadil's here to find the B-W and kick him out, than he might want to stick around for that wolf problem also going on in Bree. I shall make that more clear than about the roles. Bombadil is on the villager's team, but his priority first and foremost is not the wolves, it will be the B-W.

Nog, while I think that idea is very tempting and it does raise up the importance of the role, I'm going to agree with Legate. That seems very unfair to any individual player who gets stunned, to be "out" of the game for 48 hours. Hmm, but I think it could add interesting dynamics to the game. I wouldn't want it to happen on an "everyday" sort of basis, whoever the B-W stuns they are out for both night and day phase, for all the reasons that Legate mentions. What about sort of a 10% chance (or something) that someone stunned at night does not "wake up" from it during the day. Also, equipping Bombadil with a one time ability to heal someone who has been stunned night and through the day. This will make it so that it's certainly not an every day occurance, and if it does happen, than Bombadil has a one-use power to "wake up" the person during the day. Which might take away the point, but Bombadil would have to consider if he wants to use his one-time healing then, or save it if by chance it happens again...etc

In any case, I'll leave it up to a vote for the village, because I do think being taken out of the game for 48 hours is unfair to the person who gets stunned.

Last edited by Boromir88; 10-15-2010 at 07:43 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:21 PM   #18
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I SO SO SO SO SO want to play, but I really can't as I'll be away on the 23rd-29th October. Have fun, people!
Old 10-16-2010, 08:42 PM   #19
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Sign me up, please!
Old 10-17-2010, 11:49 AM   #20
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

*sadface * Steve

Woo Nerwen!

With the sign-ups going slow, and it seems like this is a busy time of year for lots of people, it doesn't look like we'll be starting before friday Agan.

I'm not in any immediate rush, but I wouldn't want to take out any of the roles or adjust too much, since I really really enjoy the premise idea. Like I said, looking for about 16-18 and if I can't get that many players, than I may move aside to let someone else jump in front to do a game, and put this on hold until a time when everyone's not so busy.

P.S. For those who don't like experimental games, for the most part this is a normal game. 1 lynch a day, 1 kill a night, the wolves and gifteds all with their normal abilities. There's just sort of an extra challenge with the Barrow-wight, and sub plot with Bombadil.

Last edited by Boromir88; 10-17-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:53 PM   #21
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
*mutters about this addictive bloody game*

That's to say, I'm in.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:10 PM   #22
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Woo Inzil! I don't bother trying to resist anymore.

Looks like are start date will be next Monday and I don't want to hold off too long (sorry Lommy and Steve ) because I'm not sure how long I can put it off for my own schedule or anyone else who's now signed up.

Still looking for about 4-5 more fresh corpses, so anyone you can pester, and browbeat I would be very grateful.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:16 AM   #23
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Sign me up, Boro min! I love the storyline.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:27 AM   #24
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Yay Eomer!

By the way Boro, are we supposed to pick occupations?
Old 10-20-2010, 05:52 AM   #25
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Hmm hmm... I sadly have to say that if the game starts next week, I couldn't participate after all at least around the days 2-3, I think, because I will be away from probably Wednesday or Thursday till Sunday. Should have thought of that earlier, but that's just how it is...
Old 10-20-2010, 06:25 AM   #26
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Oh my!! Eomer is playin!? It has been far too long sir!! :d
Old 10-20-2010, 07:57 AM   #27
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Hi Glirdan, still haunting these parts?
Old 10-20-2010, 08:56 AM   #28
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Say it aint so, Joe!...erm Legate?

Welcome aboard Eomer! Any chance that Cailin be wandering these parts and is able for some...innocent...WW fun?
Old 10-20-2010, 08:57 AM   #29
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Indeed I am, all thanks to a certain Bostonmoot back in January. Decided to come out of my self-induced deathly coma and haunt around once again
Old 10-21-2010, 06:12 PM   #30
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Soooo, when are we starting??? Cause I'm going out of town for the weekend, so if we're not starting til monday night/tuesday than I won't worry about it, but if we're starting sooner than I'll need to try to get on over the weekend.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:28 PM   #31
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Mondays role will be sent out and yes Night 1 will begin.

Currently 13 signed up, I'd really really like at least 3 more, and I've sent out more messages to see if we could get some more signed up. Problem is, this seems like a bad time of year for a lot of people. Anywhere from 16-20 I'd be perfect with, so please recruit recruit.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:51 PM   #32
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Say it aint so, Joe!...erm Legate?
Well, unfortunately, it is so. Let me put it also this way, in case you started only the week after this one (or let's say with Night 1, or perhaps even Day 1 on Sunday or something), you could have me and possibly Ozzy (as I could ask him, he has in any case the same schedule as me the next week). But I think it does not make sense for you to hold on too long, unless you could get really many players later, so that's more like just saying in case you had more reasons to decide that way...
Old 10-22-2010, 07:06 PM   #33
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Well with keeping at 1 kill and 1 lynch, there isn't too much of a need for a really large village. Although I figure with the few extra bonus roles I'd like to have at least 5-6 ordos. So, really I just ideally want a couple more. I don't want to budge on removing any of my Breelander characters, because from what I've heard, they wouldn't unbalance the game. It's just a matter of a few more to sign up.

And I know if I wait until after Halloween this would mean Eonwe and Lommy could join, problem with that is my schedule changes in November and I don't know how long anyone else already ready to go can wait.

Full steam ahead for Monday still, and I'll continue trying to twist arms.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:35 PM   #34
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

*bovvers, harasses*
Old 10-24-2010, 06:57 AM   #35
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Sure, why not. I'm game. ...and scared to death.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:27 AM   #36
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
Sure, why not. I'm game. ...and scared to death.
*faints from excitement*
Old 10-24-2010, 08:23 AM   #37
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Woot! Volo you're back!
Old 10-24-2010, 10:43 AM   #38
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Agh. I've changed my mind. Who cares about school, if it's not too late I think I'm joining.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:14 PM   #39
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I've been eying this thread like a cat around a pot of cream since it came up and telling myself, "No, this time you'll be strong and resist", but it's no good, this looks just way too yummy; like Oscar Wilde said, the only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it, isn't it?
In other words, I'm in, if you'll still have me. (Don't expect me to flood-post though, I'll seriously need to get some things done inbetween.)
Old 10-24-2010, 12:46 PM   #40
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
like Oscar Wilde said, the only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it, isn't it?
Didn't he also say that at the time of your death you'll only regret those sins you never committed?

Quote:
(Don't expect me to flood-post though, I'll seriously need to get some things done inbetween.)
The same goes with me. I've had ridiculously pressing deadlines the last weeks and thus a lot of things have piled up meanwhile.

Heh, good to see you Volo - and Greenie - and Pitch... Hurray!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote