The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2003, 02:15 PM   #1
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Miscontinuation

I don't know if I am correct, plus i haven't seen the Extended version since November, but:<P>In the extended version of Fotr, as Aragorn is leaving Rivendell with the Fellowship, he and Arwen exchange a lot of loving smiles and gazes, if I'm correct. If I'm not, ignore the whole post.<P>I was thinking about TTT, and I realised that the scene where Aragorn tries to give Arwen back her Evenstar jewel and sort of breaks up with her is the scene just before the Fellowship leave (you can see them in the background).<P>This seemed kind of weird to me, because if Aragorn had just broken Arwen's heart, why would they be looking at each other like that as he left?<P>It may just be me imagining things. If anyone can tell me how they really looked in the extended version, please correct me. Thanks.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:27 PM   #2
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The exchanges between Arwen and Aragorn are not lovie-dovie. They are uncertain and Arwen in particular looks upset. I think the continuity works very well.<P>I loved how in that scene in TTT you can see the Fellowship getting ready to leave behind them.<P>H.C.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:31 PM   #3
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

ok, thank you. My head just has Aragorn turning back and smiling, so obviously i need to see the extended version again!
Old 04-01-2003, 02:45 PM   #4
Mornie Alantie
Wight

Location: Somewhere above earth cause people say i should come down to it
Mornie Alantie has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

They did love each other, but I think the look was that of hows it gonna end? Just before they leave there was that debate thing between Arwen and Aragorn. Arwen loves Aragorn, he loves Arwen. But will they get married or be seperated because of imortality. The look Actually is saying what are you gonna chose Arwen? And Arwen has a look that says, I love you, but it also portrays the determination to stay or go with her people. BLAH mouthful that means nothing.
Old 04-01-2003, 09:20 PM   #5
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

The look that Arwen gives Aragorn as they leave Rivendell is one of sadness, almost concealed anger, in my opinion
Himaran is offline   Reply With Quote