The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-26-2003, 07:50 PM   #41
Morgul Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Morgul Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Morgul Queen
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I'm going to NEW ZEALAND for the ROTK premiere so I hope I'll see all of the stars there!! I'm so excited even though its ages away! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Woohoo!!! I'll see you there, cause Im a Wellingtonian born and bred...GO 'CANES!!!!!! tell you what, I'll meet you outside Te Papa and we can go for a pizza and some Kumara chips
Morgul Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 11:34 PM   #42
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey Morgul Queen! Cool, I'm not the only barrowodwner going <BR>I'll try to get as many autographs as I can but like I said before I bet it'll be extra packed in Wellington so I might not be able to get many.<BR>Back to the topic though, I'm so depressed right now because today Ned Kelly is opening and I know for a fact that Orlando Bloom is in the city RIGHT NOW and I can't see him me and my friend were thinking of going to every top class hotel to try and find him <p>[ March 27, 2003: Message edited by: Beruthiel ]
Old 03-27-2003, 01:58 PM   #43
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

Goldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Goldberry
Sting

Wow, Beruthiel, you live in a city where Orlando Bloom would actually want to go (unlike my town or anywhere near my town)! Heck, if he were in my town, 1) everybody would know, and 2) it wouldn't be that hard to find him as there is about 1 hotel and 1 store. lol. Yup I live in a hick village. SMALL TOWN PRIDE BABY! lol just kidding. Sometimes I wish I lived in a city. You should feel very lucky!!! <P>I wish Orlando Bloom would come to my town! Or better yet, Elijah or Billy. <p>[ March 27, 2003: Message edited by: Goldberry ]
Old 03-27-2003, 05:52 PM   #44
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Sometimes I wish I lived in a city. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Hey, celebs don't visit only cities. Sun Valley is a place a visit regularly, and it's a tiny little village. But I'll bet that half the population is celebs.<P>Also, even if you do live in a city, it doesn't mean a celeb will visit it. I live in a small city and the only LOTR actor who has ever visited it is Sean Astin and that's only because he came to support the democrats which our state is seriously lacking in.
Old 03-27-2003, 06:22 PM   #45
dunadan_aragorn
Wight

dunadan_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to dunadan_aragorn
Sting

i m in england goldberry. if you really wanted to know.
dunadan_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 08:50 AM   #46
morwen steelsheen

Sting

My cousin knows elijah wood he went to her house once, she also knows orlando bloom pretty well.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:00 AM   #47
Lutfiska
Haunting Spirit

Lutfiska has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I´ve met viggo mortensen (before fotr and ttt), it was on an airport and I asked him where the toilet was ;D
Old 03-28-2003, 11:22 AM   #48
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Lol!<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Let's see, i went to some premiere, and met Elijah Wood, Orlando Bloom (he is MUCH prettier in person ) and Billy Boyd. I have all three actor's autographs. Hanging over my bed. FRAMED. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> You kidding???? <BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I live in the middle of nowhere so I am never going to be able to go to a premiere. <BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Well...I will never get to go to a premiere, that's for sure. I live in Massachussetts, so maybe the actor's will come to Boston...I go there a lot.... I am going to California April vacation, maybe one of the actors will be there? Fat chance. I will be in a <I>few</I> of the bigger cities.... Wishful thinking, that's what this thread is... <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Orlando Bloom (he is MUCH prettier in person )<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Even prettier? Wow... <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> cause Im a Wellingtonian born and bred... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Wish I were...have you ever just seen any of the stars of LotR just casually walking down the street, going into CVS or something? <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> i m in england goldberry. if you really wanted to know.<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Well, a few of them were born there. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I´ve met viggo mortensen (before fotr and ttt), it was on an airport and I asked him where the toilet was ;D <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Okay...not exactly the first thing I'd ask a movie actor....
Old 03-28-2003, 12:59 PM   #49
Lutfiska
Haunting Spirit

Lutfiska has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well...I dont really think actors are something special. Ok if you meet someone who is president or do something real.. Actors=pysch, plz don´t kill me for saying this all fans. The movies were great though
Old 03-28-2003, 02:18 PM   #50
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Hey, celebs don't visit only cities. Sun Valley is a place a visit regularly, and it's a tiny little village. But I'll bet that half the population is celebs.<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>lol. Maybe in some places . . . *thinks wishfully*. <P>But not in my town. Believe me.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:06 PM   #51
Morgul Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I'll try to get as many autographs as I can but like I said before I bet it'll be extra packed in Wellington so I might not be able to get many. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Well, I was in the 'Reject corner' Last year and I still got four Autographs AND a hug from Elijah Wood (Go Me!!!!) also ummmmm...we're going at 8:00 in the Morning and we're going to hang around and do some shopping at Cuba St first (Im going with at least 3 other People). And while you're in old Te Whanganui-o-Tara (one of the Maori names for Wellington) don't forget to check out the wellington market!
Old 04-03-2003, 03:37 AM   #52
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> don't forget to check out the wellington market! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Does it sell Wellington boots?
Old 04-04-2003, 12:30 AM   #53
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I went to the Austrlian premiere of TTT, with my cousin, and my Aunt, who is a member of the press here. We met David W. and Miranda Otto, at the afterparty. I am the biggest Mira fan now! she is so nice!<P>And recently I went with my Aunt and cousin to the Brisbane Premiere of Ned Kelly and we met Joel Edgerton. <P>And my Aunt and my cousin went to the "Hard Word" permiere in Australia last year and who happened to be there, but the cast of Ned Kelly and Orlando Bloom!... I was so bummed I couldnt go.

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 02:26 AM   #54
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Where abouts in Australia are you Everdawn?<BR>Like I said before I couldn't go to the Ned Kelly premiere but I just found out today that Orlando Bloom wasn't even there after all. Morgul Queen, I'm really uninformed, when exactly is the premiere? Because here in Aus TTT was in cinemas Dec.26 so will it be on the 17th or 28th in New Zealand?
Old 04-04-2003, 09:30 PM   #55
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

Any more David Wenham sightings, Meela?
Old 04-05-2003, 08:19 AM   #56
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

Ive seen him a couple of times he wanders here and there, they say, disguised as a regular guy, hatted and coated. And everywhere his friends slip past our nets.<P>(sorry, movie moment there...)<p>[ April 05, 2003: Message edited by: Meela ]
Old 04-05-2003, 08:42 AM   #57
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Silmaril

My uncle (well actually my moms’ cousin) is a dress designer, but not just a small one but a big one! He made one of Princess Diana’s dresses, One of the wedding dresses from the movie Run Away Bride, Witney Huston’s wedding dress, Most of the clothes for the movie Body Guard by Witney Huston, he makes dresses for the queen of some country and lots more! His name is Mark Bower and he lives in New York City. I went there a while ago to his studio. I stayed with him for about a week and he was really rich so it was nice . He took me to his studio often. I suppose he doesn’t rave about meeting famous people because he has met so many already it is not a big thing. So everyone knows Liv Tyler is a model?...I am sure all you of do you are all cleaver people .. ! So he had to measure her and make sure the dress looked good and that there were no faults. So I shook Liv Tyler’s hand, I helped her up onto a chair (so he could measure her), I spoke to her and she spoke to me in some elvish (of what she knew) and then she had to go ! I was SO sad!
Niluial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 04:16 PM   #58
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I just got back from a charity showing of TTT with Sean Astin! It was in Portland Oregon (I drove 2 hours to get there). Sadly I did not get very close to him and I was not able to get an autograph (or photos , because it was in a movie theater and cameras are banned from in there) but I still had a really good time. He answered about an hour and a half of questions, and we also got to see his family (his daughters are so cute, and he calls them "his girls" ) That was the reason he could not do the whole "meet and greet" thing because he wanted to spend time with his family, which was fine with me.
Old 04-06-2003, 04:33 PM   #59
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well Sean Bean lives in my city (no not Gondor, Sheffield you fools of forum members!) and he is regularly spotted. He has a season ticket at Brammel Lane (Sheffield United's home ground- thats soccer to you Americans or football to the rest of the globe!). My mates sit just behind him. He also has a 100% Blade tatoo too along with his elvish one. Cool huh!
Old 04-06-2003, 05:34 PM   #60
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rynoah, the Overly-Happy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm jealous, Mattius.
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 05:50 PM   #61
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

I am jealous too!
Old 04-06-2003, 06:35 PM   #62
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

So, Rynoah, are you going to move there now? <BR>I am SO jealous. Jealous jealous jealous.<BR>JEALOUSY REIGNS!
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 10:31 PM   #63
Morgul Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

the premire is on the 17th but im also going to the RotK stamp collection launch on the 2/3rd where they give you loads of free mercendise.<P>Wellington boots???????????????????<BR>Do you mean Gumboots???????????????<BR>You'll need some cause it has a tendancy to rain a lot. The other night we had over 50mm of water on the ground and walking to school was really hard.<P>The wellington markets are indoors for a reason but you can get lots of stuff there (i got the lost road for $5 there and sometimes the actors hang around the food market there, a friend of mine had a 'run-in' with John Rhys-Davies a the market).<P>Sorry for rambling but as you can tell i love my city!
Old 04-06-2003, 10:51 PM   #64
thalioniathiel
Animated Skeleton

thalioniathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I've met Sean Astin, Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh, and Philippa Boyens at a booksigning and discussion they had when they were in LA last year. <BR>Viggo was at a booksigning here the other month but I went to my trig class instead, since it was test prep day. <BR>Andy Serkis had a recent booksigning in the area, too, but I didn't go. <BR>I heard that Viggo goes to Venice Beach sometimes; I was just there yesterday but didn't see anybody who looked like him. ;-)
thalioniathiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 12:19 AM   #65
Arwen_Evenstar
Wight

Arwen_Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

YOU GUYS ARE SOOO LUCKY!<BR>I would kill to meet dom! Or Sir Ian! I would be like *bow* SIR IAN!!!! I wouldnt be able to move for a week!<BR>How do you get to the premier afterparty? Did you guys win tickets? Lucky buggers!
Old 04-07-2003, 08:24 AM   #66
Lady_Báin
Wight

Lady_Báin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Viggo Mortensen was in Iceland last week and a friend of a friend works at a restaraunt that he went to, and he asked her where the bathroom was!!! It was soo funny though when my teacher announced this piece of news to us, a girl in front of me said "who?" and this other girls goes "You know Aragorn." hahahahhahhahah that was so funny (to me anyway), okay bye then.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:47 AM   #67
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>So, Rynoah, are you going to move there now?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hmm.... <P>In all seriousness, I doubt it.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:19 PM   #68
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

LoL! Well...I am seriously afraid that if I meet any of the actors I'll start blubbering and acting like a total fool of a Took.
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 10:18 PM   #69
Morgul Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

the first thing i did (after asking for PJ's autograph) was Ask if I could shake his hane (he said yes) and then beg him not to make us wait so long for RotK
Old 04-08-2003, 01:22 AM   #70
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I live in Brisbane but my aunt lives in Sydney and my cousin lives in London. <BR>... We got to go to the afterparty because my aunt was invited... so she took my cousin and I along...<P>Hey!! David Wenham was Diver Dan off Seachange! i only just realised that yesterday!

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 01:18 AM   #71
Lucinda
Animated Skeleton

Lucinda has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Must be nice living somewhere with a possibility of someone comeing! Nearest weve had was the Archbishop of Canterbury, and he was kinda undercover. Noone would want to come to Saudi with all this war business, truth be told, noone would want to com normally. We have to sneak pork across the causeway from Bahrain, labelled Veal, For goodness Sake!!!!
Old 04-14-2003, 03:25 AM   #72
GlingleglingleglingleFairy
Animated Skeleton

GlingleglingleglingleFairy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Wah! I live in New Zealand and I've never been remotely close to meeting anyone. My friend, though, knows some incredibly rich guy who's going to the premiere and I'm so angry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people prefer cupcakes. I for one care less for them.
GlingleglingleglingleFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 07:42 AM   #73
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

I could have sworn I saw Viggo Mortenson the other day. See?? Everyone's coming to visit meeeeeeeee!!
Old 04-14-2003, 08:25 AM   #74
Faramir Fan
Haunting Spirit

Faramir Fan has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Argh!!!! No more talk of the island paradise I call New Zealand - j/k<P>I had the most amazing trip there in January. For anyone one who is going I would recommend buying the Lord of the Rings Guidebook, were you can find out what was filmed where.<P>I went to Hobbiton, and took the tour (expensive but well worth it! How much would you pay to walk in the Shire!!!)<P>I used the book the most when I went to "Windy" Wellington. I started from the Te Papa Museum, where I spent 4 hours alone in the LOTR exhibit. From there I walked up to Dynocks bookstore where I picked up an autographed copy of a Making of the Lord of the Rings book (by PJ and Richard Taylor among others). Then I took a cab up to the top of Mt. Victoria and after a very steep decent, was able to take this picture...<P> <P>I could barely hold the camera, in hearing Frodo screaming "Get off the road!" in my mind.<P>I have some other pretty cool pictures of Hobbiton and around Wellington. I never made it to the South Island, so I am saving it for next time.<P>One problem, I am almost afraid to return to New Zealand, because I am quite sure the next time I go, I will stay for good.<P>I am completely jealous of those of you who are going to the ROTK premier. I went to the Embassy Theatre and it is incredible!!!<P>Oh and edited to say, just to keep this post on topic...I met Billy!!!!<P>[ April 14, 2003: Message edited by: Faramir Fan ]<p>[ April 14, 2003: Message edited by: Faramir Fan ]
"A new character has come on the scene (I am sure I did not invent him, I did not even want him, though I like him, but there he came walking into the woods of Ithilien): Faramir, the brother of Boromir..." J.R.R. Tolkien, Letters No. 66
Faramir Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 09:59 AM   #75
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Wow you met Billy Boyd? Lucky you... Is he as funny in person as he is on the dvds?<P>I saw that guide book on sale but it was right next to Unfinished Tales so I got that instead <P>That pic is so cool!
Old 04-14-2003, 10:27 AM   #76
Faramir Fan
Haunting Spirit

Faramir Fan has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yup he has to be one of the most engaging people I have ever met...He had a cold and was exhausted from a rigourous travel schedule but he was very kind to spend 20 minutes talking to my kids about the movies and how they did what. He explained quite a bit on how they managed to do the Treebeard scened and let me tell you, when he described 10 hours on a bicycle seat as being "uncomfortable" I think it was a serious understatement.<P>My youngest was shocked that Billy sounded exactly like Pippin - and told him so...Which I think amused him a little.<P>I didn't notice his sense of humour when he was with my boys, it was more of an interaction and Q & A session. But later at the presentation at the university, Billy was a riot - oh the stories he told of nailing camera men with rocks, breaking noses and hitting them in other places as he described "where a man never wants to be hit." He captivated that room, including my Dad who came with me and wasn't a LOTR fan.<P>He did do a fun joke when he stood with my boys for a picture. Just as I was about to take it, he asked them if they had had their second breakfast's yet....
"A new character has come on the scene (I am sure I did not invent him, I did not even want him, though I like him, but there he came walking into the woods of Ithilien): Faramir, the brother of Boromir..." J.R.R. Tolkien, Letters No. 66
Faramir Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 10:41 AM   #77
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

Mondieu! dunadan_aragorn you met Elijah!!!<BR>Was he as nice and momma's-boyish as the interviewers say? I'd love to go to new york or something and find him hanging out at the Library(a cafe) or something.<BR>Why are actors lives so fasinating???
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 01:48 PM   #78
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

That's awesome, Faramir Fan. Sounds like a blast. <P>I think actors are so fascinating because so many people "know" them, yet they don't, so they actually want to get to know them personally. Kinda like a "there but out of reach" concept. Or maybe I'm just too tired to think now (I just spent an hour jogging, mmkay?)
Old 04-14-2003, 02:33 PM   #79
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Sting

I know an actor- my dad! LOL, he was actually an extra in the movie Amistad that came out a few years ago. In the last court scene with Anthony Hopkins, he's ALLLL the way to the right in the top row. He's kinda bald too You probably need the widescreen version on DVD to see him though. He got to meet Steven Spielburg, Anthony Hopkins, and Matthew McConaghy (sp?). I think it'd be awesome to meet Dominic Monaghan and Billy Boyd, because they have such a great sense of humor. I like humor.
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 06:03 AM   #80
Frodo 007
Haunting Spirit

Location: Wellington, New Zealand (Middle-Earth Baby Yeah!!!)
Frodo 007 has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Ive met Dom and Billy at a bar in Wellington called "Hotel Bristol", i got their autographs and talked to them for a little while.<BR>Thats all my encounters sadly, but ive also got the autograph of PJ,Elijah and Karl at TTT Premiere in Wellington!