The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-26-2006, 03:48 PM   #1
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Photoshopped Middle-earth

I've just found a site which seems to be running a contest for the most amusing photoshopped Middle-earth pictures. Some of these are really funny. Here. I think Hookbill might like some of these with his photoshop addiction.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:48 PM   #2
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Oh, wow! Those are great!

I really like the Aragorn-Lisa one, it actually looks painted. The Elrond Singer was good, too, as was the Schoolbus shot.

But, my absolute favorite has got to be that one with Gandalf in front of the Night Club holding some cash. Really, the original's got to be a pic of Snoop Dogg, which makes it even more hilarious.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:54 PM   #3
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I liked the Saruman one as a Barrista* at Starbucks.

*No, not a 'street' version of SpM getting his morning cuppa on the way to the office. I mean one of the people who brews all that fancy coffee.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:46 PM   #4
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
The Gandalf-Pimp one is great, i really enjoyed that one...
Old 06-26-2006, 09:47 PM   #5
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I liked most of the Gollum/Orc ones. Especially Gollum Soldier ready to take on M-e
Old 06-27-2006, 04:04 AM   #6
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë
I think Hookbill might like some of these with his photoshop addiction.
SILENCE!
It's not an addiction... its more... a... weird... ness... yes.

I'm highly amused by the Gollum as the president picture as well as Saruman working in a coffee bar.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:10 AM   #7
narfforc
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

narfforc has been trapped in the Barrow!
Another great site, well done Lal
Old 06-27-2006, 07:03 AM   #8
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
1420!

I like Gandalf, on the moterbike, heading out on the highway looking for adventure.

as narf says, great site, Lal!
Bęthberry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:58 PM   #9
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Mini-Saruman

Some of you may remember this. I made this many moons ago. There is still a link to it on the front page of the main site. Gotta love Photoshop.

Old 06-28-2006, 03:24 AM   #10
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I think this is the best place to post this. I've had this a while and couldn't think of anywhere else to post it... So.

Based on Celeborn saying, "All Hope you had in secrecy is now gone."

Old 06-28-2006, 06:52 AM   #11
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Now that just needs a Crazy Caption of Aragorn saying: "Tch! Those crazy students will hang banners off anything these days!"

Old 06-28-2006, 07:17 AM   #12
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Tolkien

Yup. Frosh Orientation Week banner. Next we'll be reading about the various scavenger hunts, details of which are found pressed between the pages of the only extant copy of the Redbook.
Bęthberry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 08:56 PM   #13
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Leaf Well, since we're posting pictures...

I made this a while ago for a class I was in where we had to design a CD cover using Photoshop.

I'd really love to have a band with this name someday!

Last edited by Orominuialwen; 07-01-2006 at 08:57 PM. Reason: So I don't get e-mails
Orominuialwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 10:37 AM   #14
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

I may have posted this elsewhere on the Downs... but I'll put it here anyway… Because I think it’s funny!

Old 07-08-2006, 10:28 PM   #15
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Back in the days right after the Two Towers movie came out, I was contacted by a friend who had photoshopped an old Men In Black movie poster, the one that had the giant letters MIB with Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones in small silhouette in the center, and made it WIB, Wraiths In Black, with a couple of mounted wraiths silhouetted in the middle. I still have the poster at home...unfortunately, at the moment I'm a long way from home. I'll try to get a digital photo of it in here when I can.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:58 AM   #16
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Here's a nice pic to revive this thread:

'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:48 AM   #17
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
Orcs make really cool, and intimidating, diplomats.
Teacher unions in Pennsylvania could use them in bargaining sessions.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:26 PM   #18
Abrakhaphur
Newly Deceased

Abrakhaphur has just left Hobbiton.
Fun with paint ...

Some humble offerings. Please excuse me if this is old hat. I didn't have the patience to check the entire 'net to see if they've already been done.

There are more, but I thought "... what's the rush?"
“The Lord hath showed us his glory and his great arse.”- Deuteronomy 5:24 (Barker and Lucas Bible, 1631)
Abrakhaphur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:44 AM   #19
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Here's a fun image for those LotR fans who enjoy Monty Python:

Disclaimer: I did not create this - it came to me on the internet, my preciousss...
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:01 AM   #20
Andsigil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Andsigil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:57 PM   #21
Lastande Took
Animated Skeleton

Lastande Took has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar View Post
Here's a nice pic to revive this thread:

I just about died laughing at that.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:27 AM   #22
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Spot the new visitor on the Barrow Downs.