Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2004, 05:29 PM   #281
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
Shield Willow

Willow smiled, taking Lily's comments as a complement. Lily excused herself to go and get her fiddle too, as she didn't have it with her at the moment, seemingly.

And that was true enough. She had only just came in when she had walked over, and introduced her to Mira and Daisy. Willow noted that Daisy had seemed a bit more wary around Aman, seemingly. And she had enough right to be. Wilow remembered the first time she had met with one of the big people...

Being hobbits, and all, it was... well, different than talking to other hobbits, that was for sure.

How ever far the road draws on,
Long and cold, when you are gone.

In darkened forest I shall wait,
For when you pass the secret gate.

Our starlit eyes shall meet again

The words that Mira had whispered quietly before playing her flute came to her mouth unconsciously. But Willow continued the song, with her voice and violin softly singing as one.

...Our starlit eyes shall meet again,
Beyond the mist, and beyond the rain.

The day draws near when as before,
I shall pass through the hidden door.

The road goes on; leads to the seas,
And back again, through the trees.

And by that hidden path, all elves pass,
Down to the fair seas of silver glass.

We shall meet again someday,
And may that day show no delay

The tune that Willow had fit to it was slower; it came to her as her music did: from the heart, from within. None had heard it before, it had came to her mind as the words to the song came also.

She hoped that Mira wouldn't mind, and that her tune was simple enough that Lily, Daisy, and Mira could pick up on as well.

She picked up her violin once more, and played the tune that she had created for the song of Mira's.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:29 PM   #282
Mad Baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: A place where after thunder golden showers come falling like a rain of flowers.
Mad Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Mirabell

Mirabell sat, chatting with the other hobbits. Aman came and went, and Lily left to go get her fiddle. Mira and Daisy chatted quietly, while Willow readied her fiddle to play it again. When she touched the strings with her bow and began to play, Mira recognized the tune as the one she had sung softly before. She sang it in her head, and when Willow was finished she smiled.

"That was lovely, Willow. I couldn't think of the words to finish it off, but you did a beautiful job," Mira told the hobbit, who blushed at the compliment. Continuing, she said, "And I was thinking; we should let Aman know that we are thinking of playing tonight. But I suppose we should agree on a song first? I agree with Lily; we should play some lively songs. Like that one you played a few moments ago. I enjoyed it. When Lily returns, we all should make a decision and tell Aman. I can't wait to play!"
Old 04-12-2004, 07:18 PM   #283
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Snaveling accepted the parchment from Toby and, to prove to the elderly hobbit how trustworthy he’d been with the purse, withdrew that from his tunic and hefted it in his hand. “Very well my friend,” he began. “I shall do as you bid. But you are not the only one with a surprise in store this night – perhaps you shall see something surprising yourself before the evening is through.” Toby looked at the Man quizzically through his drink-soaked eyes but Snaveling said no more. He could already see himself resplendent in his new clothes and showing all the world the new man he had become.

He took one more careful sip from his glass before standing, albeit a little unsteadily. His emotional confrontation with the Innkeeper earlier had gone a long way to clearing his head, but the advancing night and the extra snifter (or had it been two?) of brandy had undone some of the good. He moved through the crowd, this time not avoiding the table where Roa and Galadel sat chatting amicably. As he passed them by he nodded courteously to Galadel’s friendly words of hello, and did not feel the sting of Roa’s look too deeply, for she was about to see a Man she’d not before. He just hoped that she would have a good view of what was about to happen with Aman, for he did not want to be forced to tell her of it later – that would seem too much like bragging.

He saw Aman moving about the Inn tending to the requests of a number of vociferous hobbit lasses who were exchanging songs. Their music had a happy feel and it made Snaveling think of home, and drew his mind thence to the golden image of his hunting lodge, so recently returned to him. He allowed himself the luxury of a moment behind his eyelids, wandering the halls of his lodge, wearing the new suit of clothes that he would buy this night.

When Aman next came close to him (this time, without a tray laden with food and drink) he touched her lightly on the shoulder and bowed deeply to her before speaking. “Mistress Aman,” he began, in as courtly a manner as he could, “I have been requested by my good friend, the inestimable hobbit Tobias Hornblower to present you with a small token of his appreciation for what you have done for us all in overseeing the restoration of the Green Dragon Inn!” He raised his voice somewhat at this, catching the attention of many who stood and sat nearby. They could tell that something Official was about to happen, and waited with breathless anticipation to see if it would entail more food and drink. “I would that I could match his gift with one of my own, but – alas! – I am but a poor Man with little but the clothes on his back.” A sudden thrill of panic moved through Snaveling as he said this: how was he going to explain the new suit of clothes? Worry about that later he told himself through the brandy. “Here is a small purse in which, I believe, he has handed over to the Inn a nice little sum. And here” he said, suddenly remembering, “is a letter that he wishes to accompany it!”

He handed both to Aman, who stood there rather overtaken by Snaveling’s manner.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:19 PM   #284
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Lily

Lily was just leaving her room with her fiddle when she heard more music coming up through the floorboards. She smiled, knowing Willow had taken up her fiddle again. She hurried downstairs, and the music ended just as she entered. She walked back across the common room, fiddle in hand, to where the other three were seated.

She took her fiddle and played a few scales, adjusting some of the strings so that it was correctly in tune. She hadn't played it since she left Bree a few days ago, and it felt good to be playing again. To warm up, she played a lively tune, simple and fairly common in Bree. One of my father's favorites, she realized with a start. She had never thought of it before, but she realized it was true. When she had been little, he had played it quite often. She cleared her head, and looked at the other hobbits. Before any of them could say anything, Aman came by with their drinks. They voiced their thanks and Aman went off again.

Mira spoke up. "Willow and I were saying that we should decide what we were going to play and tell Aman."

"Well, it seems as if we have found three songs that we all know. We could play those three, and see where we're at after that," Lily suggested. "The one I just played, do you know that one? It is quite common in Bree, but is it known in the Shire?"
Old 04-13-2004, 03:12 AM   #285
*Arwen*
Animated Skeleton

*Arwen* has just left Hobbiton.
Tiruviel looked at the new comer with interest. Another Elf? very interesting. She indeed was very pretty.

"Thankyou. I was in need of company."

The Elf smiled. Tiruviel suddenly became very interested in her. After all, they were both elves.

"So, where are you from?"
"There she walked before his eyes in Rivendale, clad in a mantle of silver and blue, fair as the twilight in elvenhome; her dark hair strayed in a sudden wind, and her brows were bound with gems like stars"
Old 04-13-2004, 08:32 AM   #286
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril Aman

After giving Kyria her meal and leaving her to it, Aman turned to the sound of another shout of "Innkeeper!" and went to see to the imminent request. But as she did so, she felt a light, purposeful touch on her shoulder and turned...to see a rather fine figure in front of her. Snaveling nodded courteously then began, with the all the splendour and drama of a courtier of Elessar.

"Mistress Aman," he began, like a ringleader. "I have been requested by my good friend, the inestimable hobbit Tobias Hornblower to present you with a small token of his appreciation for what you have done for us all in overseeing the restoration of the Green Dragon Inn! I would that I could match his gift with one of my own, but – alas! – I am but a poor Man with little but the clothes on his back. Here is a small purse in which, I believe, he has handed over to the Inn a nice little sum. And here" he added, withdrawing a piece of parchment from a pocket with an extra flourish, "is a letter that he wishes to accompany it!"

Aman took the gifts dumbly and looked over towards Tobias, who was beaming slightly in a sleepy, drunkenly good-humoured sort of way and smiled gratefully at the gentlehobbit. He returned this, then slipped importantly towards Ruby to order another drink. Aman unfolded the letter and scanned it...and despite all her usual capability to hide surprise, her eyebrows did jump a little as she saw the sum, for she had glimpsed the coins in the purse - not eleven silver, but eleven gold coins.

For lack of Tobias himself, Aman looked up at Snaveling. "Well, a fine sum indeed, Snaveling! Eleven gold coins..." Was that a spot of shiftiness she saw on the Man's face? She continued anyway. "A fine gift, and I ask that you thank Mr Hornblower again for me, as he appears to have absented himself," she smiled, scanning the crowd, spotting the hobbit coming towards them. Another entered through the Inn door and Aman looked over to see a hobbit-boy, who immediately started over to Snaveling. Aman raised her eyebrows as she recognised the boy.

"Pimpernel Brandybuck? I trust your father does not know of your being here," she said. The hobbit looked horrified and avoided her eyes, mumbling some excuses.

"Just wanted...not fair that...come on..." he looked up imploringly at the Innkeeper. "Miss Aman, I just wanted to see the party! You know, all the different...people," he finished carefully, catching up with himself just in time. Aman smiled, waving away the excuses.

"Ah, sure it's a party! I can't be expected to see every individual that comes through those doors..." she winked and lowered her voice. "I won't tell him if you don't."

Pimpernel beamed widely, thanking her, then turned to Snaveling. "Mr Snaveling, the tailor is here, in the stables where you asked him to wait."

Here Aman could not help but glance at Snaveling sharply, an almost inperceptible frown appearing on her brow. All you have, hmm? What about not being able to pay earlier... Aman remembered the gold coin she had seen earlier in Snaveling's possession, and wondered once more whether this was a satisfying explanation. Outwardly though, she smiled, if a little enquiringly. Nearby she could see Tobias approaching. "Ah - Tobias was generous to you as well, Snaveling?" she asked.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:29 AM   #287
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Roa had tried to ignore Snaveling all night, but he kept drawing attention to himself. First with the song, which even Roa had to admit was pleasant to hear, then with the incident in the cellar. Roa had sought out Aman after she had spoken with Snaveling. While she was still angry with Snaveling, he was in her charge, and any punishment visited upon him would have to go to her first. Aman had been surprised with Roa's demand, but Roa was even more surprised when she learned of the arrangment with the innkeeper.

Snaveling had been staring at her for awhile, though she did not acknowledge but once, and that was to glare. But now, with the announcment he made so loudly, she could not help but pay attention. He finished his speech, and Aman had thankfully accepted. Now, Roa noticed the nervousness in his walk, so well hidden to less observant eyes, as he approached the young lad who had just entered. The word tailor reached her ears, and she was forced to squash her curiosity. She turned again to Galadel, who was smiling at the man and the hobbit.

"It would seem that a great change had taken place in those two, much for the better. I sincerly doubt that they are the same people we met on that first morning." The elf woman gave Roa a pointed look, and then sighed. "How long till you forgive the poor man? He has suffered enough with out facing your scorn," she added almost pleadingly.

"I know, Galadel, I know, and I suppose that I shall have to inform him that he is forgiven. But my good graces do not so easily forget. I do not know if I will ever be able to smile at the thought of him again." Galadel nodded sadly, and Roa bowed her head. The elf was right, he had changed a great deal. Perhaps, if he could show her that he valued life more than gold now, she could trust him again. But how could I test that?

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Old 04-13-2004, 10:01 AM   #288
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Witch_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
Aduthondiel
"Crystal it isn't right for me to keep you away from Mr. Angry. You two should be togther right now. This is a joyous time. You shouldn't sit here and listen to an elf ramble on and on about what the future has in store for us." Adu knew that she had make Crystal go be with Angry. She wasn't sure if the two of them could continue the conversation. It was better if it ended for the moment.

She got up and fixed her some ale. Adu thought it would be right if she found Aman and talk to her about Crystal's good news. Adu had watched as Aman talked to the other visitors. The inn had became very popular after the fire and everything. Adu only had to wait for Hama to return with the good news. Yet what would she do if he didn't return. Adu knew she should have went with Hama. I shouldn't have let him go all by himself. I don't care how mighty a warrior he is. No one should be made to travel alone. Not even a heartless man like Dorian.

It didn't matter how much Adu wanted to forget Dorian he always managed to get back into her life. He was always going to be there with her no matter what. Adu had to face the fact that his spirit would haunt her life until she made everything right. "Crystal would you like a mug of ale?" Adu had to get her mind on something else. Dorian was dead and he couldn't do anything else to hurt her or Crystal. Life was better for the two of them. Adu was just happy that Crystal had Angry in her life. I have Count and Crystal has Angry. Everything turned out weird for me. I've got my horse at least. Count won't leave me for a long time. That is unless someone finds it in their mind to take Count away from me. Thats when the fight is on.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:29 PM   #289
Memory of Trees
Haunting Spirit

Location: Here! Over here!!! Behind that rock. Yes, that is I...
Memory of Trees has just left Hobbiton.
Narya Kyria

Kyria recieved the meal gratefully. "Thank you, Aman," she said, her mouth curving into a pretty smile as she took the plate from the innkeeper. Looking around for a place to sit, Kyria turned to the four hobbit girls next to her. "I heard you singing," she said, addressing the one called Willow. "It was lovely! You have a beautiful voice."

"Why, thank you," the girl responded, smiling.

"You're quite welcome! My name is Kyria." The young elf paused, twisting her black-gloved hands together nervously. "Do you mind if I sit down?" she asked at last.

Last edited by Memory of Trees; 04-13-2004 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:51 PM   #290
*Arwen*
Animated Skeleton

Tiruviel

Tiruviel excused herself from the table and went to get herself a drink. She had suddenly realised how thirst she was. Three quaters of the way to the bar she stopped suddenly, staring ahead of her at the elf seated there.

She was beautiful - small with long blonde hair (very similar to her own) and a cream and wine coloured robe. Her hands reached out to her drink and Tiruviel noticed that they were neatly fitted with smooth black gloves. Tiruviel looked at herself. Compared to the woman she was nothign at all. She had long blonde hair as well but her robe wasn't nearly as stunning. She was still wearing her travelling clothes - green and brown cloth. She felt a sudden urge of desire to understand this woman and talk to her.

"Excuse me for disturbing you," she said quietly as she sat herself on a neighbouring stool, "But i couldn't help noticing you from my table. Would you like to come and join us? We are all strangers to each other - do not worry."

Kyria smiled and nodded. Leading the way, Tiruviel wound her way through the tables until she got to her own. Then, gesturing to an empty chair, she introduced everybody.

"Elkamia, this is Kyria.
Kyria, this is Elkamia."
"There she walked before his eyes in Rivendale, clad in a mantle of silver and blue, fair as the twilight in elvenhome; her dark hair strayed in a sudden wind, and her brows were bound with gems like stars"

Last edited by *Arwen*; 04-13-2004 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:01 PM   #291
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye Eleniel and Arrow

Arrow wagged his silvery tail as Eleniel tossed him a piece of bread.

"You're getting spoiled, O Great Hunting Dog," she scolded. "Just remember that you're going back to the hunting and gathering life after this." Arrow raised a mithril eyebrow, as though he thought differently.

From behind her, a man had taken a stand and was delivering an official-sounding and somewhat alcohol-laced speech to the patrons of the Inn. The speech was announcing the donation of a sum of money to the Inn by a certain hobbit, who looked rather drunk himself. It seemed as though this Inn had experienced some hard times in the recent past and was now celebrating its recovery.

Eleniel applauded politely as he finished his speech. On the other side of the Inn, a trio of younger hobbits finished a song.

"Bravo!" Eleniel said. "Fine music!" Arrow tilted back his head and howled along with their next song, agreeing with her judgement. Eleniel laughed.

"Apparently you approve of the song!" she said. She approched the hobbits and the elven woman who had joined them.

"Mind if I sit in and listen?" she asked. Arrow tilted his head to the side, casting a pleading glance through black puppy eyes to the hobbits.
Old 04-13-2004, 03:16 PM   #292
Archsage Isaac
Animated Skeleton

Archsage Isaac has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Archsage Isaac
Isaac had drifted off into his thoughts while listening to the music that had been played. It was great, very beautiful. It comforted him. He snapped out of his thoughts quickly enough though and took a drink from his mug.

To his dismay, there was no ale left. He was slightly saddened, but then came back to reality. He could get more, but thought it rude to drink when Deva drank no more. As he placed his mug on the table before him, he saw an elven girl stop almost to the bar. She just stopped in place, staring at another elf girl seated at the bar. Both wore beautiful robes, and both soon walked back in the direction the first had come.

With a slight smile he turned his attention to Deva. Being the kind of person used to being alone, he never did know how to start a conversation, always feeling as if he'd say the wrong thing. A childish fear, yes, but a fear nonetheless. It was his only fear. Isaac had stared down death and put his life on the line everyday he traveled, but he was afraid of saying the wrong thing to start a conversation. He sat in silence for several moments, before unstrapping the sheathe from his hip and laying it in his lap, looking at the intricate designs that had been placed on it.

Last edited by Archsage Isaac; 04-13-2004 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:12 AM   #293
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

The transformation of Snaveling was remarkable. Before their eyes his confident, happy façade fell away, and once more he became the shifty-eyed rogue they had known. He licked his lips nervously as he looked from Aman to Toby to Pimpernel. He glanced at the door as though contemplating escape, but Roa had chosen this moment to finally pay him heed, and for the first time today she was looking at him with something less than the bitter disdain that he had come to expect from her, and which he thought would ever mar her expression toward him. He turned back to Aman, and saw that she was becoming increasingly suspicious, and for a moment – just a moment – he thought he saw something else in her eye…something that regarded him in a generous light…something that would be hurt were he to prove himself once more a rogue, and a thief, and a vagabond.

It was a tight spot for Snaveling, the tightest yet, and he was alone in it. Galadel was across the room with Roa, apparently unaware of what was transpiring. Aman was suspicious, but not yet awake to what had happened. Toby, perhaps his dearest friend – for he was the one who, in an odd way, best understood Snaveling – was weaving toward him, smilingly unaware that this time he was the victim of the Man’s vicious nature.

And Roa was watching him, with those maddeningly perceptive green eyes of hers.

It was a tight spot. The happy music of an increasingly boisterous group hung about him like offending flowers, and the general clamour of the partygoers weaved about him. But it did not include him: he was, as always an outsider. But then something occurred to the Man that had never really crossed his mind before. This isolated pain, this solitary void in the middle of such celebration…was his own doing. So palpably did he feel this truth that he took a small step backward. His hand reached up and clutched the amulet about his neck. He had taken Toby’s gold. He had betrayed his friend and put his own head in the noose. He had taken what he had been given from Toby, Aman, Galadel and Roa and carelessly thrown it aside for the sake of a new set of clothes.

He did not feel guilt, not yet. It was a long road that Snaveling was travelling from the Man he had been, and there remained far to go yet. But he did feel shame – shame for his betrayal of Toby, and shame to be so nakedly caught out by Aman, before the very eyes of Roa. He looked back and forth between the two women, then addressed the Innkeeper. “Yes,” he said, “Yes, Toby was generous…or rather,” he turned to the hobbit who was now within earshot. “Hello Toby. I’m sorry but I seem to have interfered with your plans somewhat. I borrowed a coin from the pouch, so now there will only be ten for Aman. You see,” he said hurriedly, “you were asleep and I wanted to make a purchase rather urgently,” he indicated the boy, “so I took the coin without asking. I realise I probably shouldn’t have, but there’s no harm yet. If you wish to have the coin back, I can get it for you from the tailor I’ve asked to meet me here. But if you are willing to loan it me, I will be sure to pay you back as soon as I can.” He paused here and looked at Aman -- he lacked the courage to look at Roa -- to see her reaction. She frowned lightly, and it was enough to prompt Snaveling to speak further to Toby. “I admit, it may be some time before I can afford to pay you back, but I will give you whatever surety you require.”

Last edited by Fordim Hedgethistle; 04-14-2004 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:38 AM   #294
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa frowned slightly. Something was definitely wrong. She leaned in and concentrated on what was happening. Almost all of Snaveling's confession reached her ears, and Roa was taken aback. That he had taken the gold was no surprise- he seemed to have a habit of doing that- but that he had confessed, and offered recompence, the shock nearly pushed her from her seat. Galadel cuaght her reaction and smiled.

"He has changed, indeed," Roa was able to murmur. Catching the frown on Aman's face, she quickly rose to her feet. As a matter of honor, she would take the punishment before Snaveling. Quickly she strode toward them, though she remained on the other side of Toby when she came into the group.

Old 04-14-2004, 09:53 AM   #295
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye Eleniel and Arrow talk to Isaac

Listening to the music, Eleniel did not notice Arrow's silver ears perk up. The dog turned his head, looking at a man across the room. Wagging his mithril tail, the dog trotted away from his mistress and sat down at the man's feet.

"Woof!" said Arrow in a friendly manner. Eleniel was shaken from her trance by the dog's outburst. She looked down at her feet, but the dog was no longer there. Panicing, she glanced around her. That mutt could get into so much trouble!

She found him at the feet of a man, who appeared to be studying his sword-sheath. She ran over and gripped the dog's collar.

"Sorry about that!" she said sheepishly. "Apparently my dog likes you!" She gave the collar a tug, but the dog flopped stubbornly to the ground. Eleniel sighed.

"My name's Eleniel Goodchild of Laketown. No relation to Cami Goodchild." she told the man with a smile. "It seems my friend Arrow here has found a place to sit." she cast him an angry glance, but the dog ignored it. "Mind if we join you, sir?"

She scratched the dog's ears, waiting for a reply.

Last edited by Maeggaladiel; 04-14-2004 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:10 PM   #296
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
Crystal smiled. "Thank you," she said as she took the ale. She looked around. Angry was no where to be found. She wondered where he could have gotten to.
"I am sorry to be leaving this conversation, but I want to tell Angry what has happened. Please excuse me."

Crystal got down off of the stool and looked around the busy Inn for Angry Brandybuck. She hadn't heard a word from him since Arty's brother Bartholomew had come in to tell her the news of her father's death.

Even though she knew that she should be sorry and sad for her father's death, she just couldn't make herself. She was too over joyed by the chain of events. When she had first arrived to the Shire and had met Angry, she had thought there would never be away to stay in the Shire and live out her life. She thought that she would have to leave her heart and soul here in the Shire as she ran from town to town, looking for a way to live off of other's drunkeness. She continued to smile at the world of luck she had found for herself and continued looking for Angry.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:36 PM   #297
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
“I admit, it may be some time before I can afford to pay you back, but I will give you whatever surety you require.” finished Snaveling, half rushing and half rueful as he spoke. His words were directed at Tobias Hornblower, but the elder hobbit could tell that several of the folk around now had fixed their gazes on the man who stood before them. Toby’s mouth opened, but nothing came out. He looked at Snaveling, then to a frowning Aman, then to Roa who was nearby, and considered. He could’ve begun any number of mindless rants, but his logical side warned him against it. Thinking for a long moment as a minor silence gathered around the few people nearby, he began to speak quietly and slowly, contemplating every word.

“Snaveling…I am not entirely sure, for once, what to say…” he was nearly speechless, staring with narrowed eyes at the man. Suddenly, those narrowed eyes and furrowed brow softened as if a great burden had been lifted from them. Though it came through a great supply a stuttering and groping for words, Toby began to speak again. “I…I am astounded that you would say such false things to these people! You know perfectly well that the coin wasn’t stolen. I distinctly remember giving it to you as a gift earlier…In simply must’ve forgotten that one of the eleven coins I had ready was given to you. It is my shortcoming, and I cannot fathom why you would try to take the blame for it. You will all have to forgive me, I have been a bit…shall we say, ‘distracted,’ and I see now why my mind became so diluted by these festivities. The gold coin thought stolen was a gift, and I can probably muster more for the inn if Miss Aman would desire as much.”

Toby’s mind was, almost literally, trying to throttle him. He felt a great lump in his throat, but swallowed it. He had never in his life done anything charitable that he could remember. The eleven gold coins was a great and straining stretch, but this was nearly over the limit. Snaveling had robbed him, no matter how small the sum was, but he suddenly didn’t care. If anything, he had been just as much a fool as Snaveling and the man who’d shown him friendship had surely earned this gift after all the pain he’d endured. For all the hobbit knew, this might be the last as well as first charitable thing he’d done, so he would remove all guilt from himself in one fell swoop. It would be good for him anyway, and his resolution was at last made.

Last edited by Kransha; 04-14-2004 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:12 PM   #298
Archsage Isaac
Animated Skeleton

"I do not mind at all, please, have a seat." he said, removing his gaze from his sheathe and pushing out a chair for Eleniel. He reached down and stroked Arrow's nose. The dog was wagging his tail happily. His cheery attitued made Isaac smile.

After stroking Arrow's nose he turned his attention from the dog to the people standing in the middle of the inn. He hadn't got all of the conversation, but knew that one of them had stolen some gold that was being donated to the inn. In his destraction, he'd stopped rubbing Arrow's nose, who nudged Isaac's fingers to get him to start again.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:31 PM   #299
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye Eleniel and Arrow

"Thank you, sir," Eleniel said as she took a seat. "I don't mean to intrude, but Arrow here is hard to move if he takes a liking to someone." She smiled, somewhat apologetically. Arrow cast her a smug look as the gentleman scratched his nose.

"What brings you to the Green Dragon, if I may be so bold as to ask? Business? Pleasure?" she asked him.

The man was momentarily distracted by something behind them. Eleniel followed his gaze to the gentleman who had made the speech earlier. It seemed as though he had stolen a coin from the hobbit's donation. Odd, he seemed a pleasant fellow, not at all the thieving sort. Oh well, Eleniel supposed that alcohol had that effect on people.

Arrow shoved his wet nose into his new friend's palm rather forcefully, annoyed that the man had stopped petting him.

"Arrow," chided Eleniel. "Be nice." The silver dog cast her a forlorn glance before licking the man's fingers in apology.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:42 PM   #300
Archsage Isaac
Animated Skeleton

"Ah, it's no problem at all, you may ask all that you wish. But please, please, enough of the 'sir' business. I am called Isaac." he said, finally introducing himself. He hadn't said these words forcefully, he'd said them lightheartedly. "I have never been called 'sir' in my life." he added.

Aarow had been scolded a bit and had begun to lick his fingers in apology. This made Isaac smile, rubbing the dog's nose. It was obvious that Isaac had accepted the apology. "As an answer for your question, I'm a mere adventurer, searching for my lost memories of the greater portion of my life." he said in a more serious tone though still fairly lighthearted. "I arrived at the inn in an attempt to rest my weary body before I set out again. But, I pose the same question to you? What brings you to this fine establishment?" he asked, slightly smiling.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:17 PM   #301
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Daisy nodded in agreement with the three other hobbit lasses.
"Yes, those three would do very well indeed. The one with no singing in it though, I wouldn't mind dancing to it... Hopefully others in the inn will join in, there are quite a few hobbits in here. How could any of them resist?" She smiled happily.

This reminded her of new years day. Every year Daisy and her family would have a big get together and they would sing and dance the night away. She hoped at least some of the other patrons in the inn would be willing enough to join in.

Daisy listened to the tune Lily was playing on the fiddle. She could tell Lily enjoyed playing it just as Willow had done. The tune had a lovely, fast paced beat and Daisy tried to tap her feet in time with it. However, her legs weren't quite long enough so she ended up shaking them around under her chair. "The one I just played, do you know that one? It is quite common in Bree, but is it known in the Shire?" Lily asked.

"No I haven't heard it before, but its lovely... Are there any words to it?"

Daisy secretly hoped that there weren't, she enjoyed dancing much more than singing. Either way, she was quite used to performing, though she had never performed in front of an audience full of strangers and with three hobbit lasses she had only just met. It was quite exciting in a way. It wasn't an adventure, but it wasn't something that was completely normal either. Just the right mix of new and old for Daisy.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:39 PM   #302
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Lily

"No I haven't heard it before, but its lovely... Are there any words to it?" Daisy asked her.

"There are," replied Lily. "But I don't know them very well. If you like though, you could dance to it instead. I'm sure with an example to follow the other patrons at the Inn would join in the dancing." To this, Daisy smiled happily, and Lily suspected this response pleased her just as much if not more than if she had said there were words which she knew.

"Well, if that's alright with you two," said Lily turning to Willow and Mira. "I suppose we could go talk to Aman now and let her know what we're doing."
Old 04-14-2004, 08:49 PM   #303
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shield Willow

"Yes, I suppose we should," Willow replied to Lily. "I know well the song you just played... and you play it well. Could you three go and tell Aman the choices... she had spoken with me earlier, and asked me to play, but I don't talk to people very well. Well, besides other hobbits," she added, remembering that she had went over to talk to the other hobbits earlier. "I'm somewhat shy."

Willow became conscious of someone standing behind her. It was an elven maiden who had came in earler, Willow recognized her. "I heard you singing," the elf-woman said. "It was lovely! You have a beautiful voice."

Willow assumed that the elf was adressing her, and replied, "Why, thank you."

"You're quite welcome! My name is Kyria."

The young elf, her name was Kyria, as she had said, paused, and twisted her black-gloved hands together nervously. "Do you mind if I sit down?" she asked after a while, as if nervous about speaking with them.

"No, not at all. This is an Inn, all are welcome," said Willow. "So do sit down, Kyria. You have a lovely name. This is Lily, Mira, and Daisy, and we were just discussing which songs we should do. We had decided, and were about to tell Aman, so that we could do them. But you are welcome to sit and join us. And I thank you for the comment on the song. It is rare that I get comments."

Willow sipped her water, and held her fiddle tighter unconsciously. It was as if a reflex to her now. "You're an elf," she commented. "What brings you here?"
Old 04-15-2004, 04:50 AM   #304
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Aman

Aman shook her head hastily at Toby, a smile resettling itself on her pretty features. "Mr Hornblower, your generosity is gratifying and ten gold coins...why, you owe the Inn nothing more, in any way. Ten gold coins is quite excellent still. And besides, what is more noble than to give something to a friend in need of a gift?" she added. Her gaze barely flickered towards Snaveling, and no one else in the small group would have noticed, but she knew that the man had seen it.

There was little doubt in Aman's mind as to how the gold coin came into Snaveling's grasp, and yet...and yet the hobbit backed him. A hobbit who has now been rather generous to your establishment. Leave it, Aman...

The Rohirrim woman looked up at Roa, who was standing nearby and smiled lightly at her, not allowing anything to show. She had seen the way Snaveling looked at her, the barely veiled yearning which flashed so uncharacteristically in his eyes when he looked at her. Well, Snaveling had told Aman much of his life - he had laid a sort of trust in her, and she would not betray that by conveying such suspicions as she had felt to the woman. After all, the suspicions may actually be nothing, she reminded herself with a more secret smile. Allowing it to spread over her face, she glanced at the group of hobbit girls at the bar, now also with Kyria, then back at the group.

"Well, it seems our entertainment has decided upon what exactly they will be performing for us. And if there is to be music, as always, there will be more drink needed!" Weaving her trap carefully so that it would not even seem as such, she turned to Snaveling, smiling innocently. "I suspect a new barrel of ale will be needed - Snaveling, would you help me bring one up?"
Old 04-15-2004, 08:28 AM   #305
*Arwen*
Animated Skeleton

Tiruviel arrived at the bar and sat down. Turning to the bar she gave a gasp of surprise. "Aman! i haven't seen you for so long! I'm not sure if you would remember me but i definately remember you!" Those had been the days. When she would sit with her friends and eat all the delicious food that they could and then spend the rest of the night dancing to the music. But that was a long time ago now, and things have long changed.

"That meat smells lovely and i'll have a drink as well please. Pretty packed in here tonight, i would guess it was some kind of party? if so, what are you celebrating?" Tiruviel had not been to the region for a long time and so starred at Aman, transfixed, as she listened to the tale of the inn burning down. "Wow. I think i have been away too long now!"

Looking to her right, she saw the group of musicians that she had heard playing earlier, when she had first come in. Later on, i am going to introduce myself. "Oh by the way Aman, i would like to stay for a couple of nights at least, have you got any spare rooms? I don't need anything fancy."
Old 04-15-2004, 09:02 AM   #306
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
Silmaril Galadel

Galadel was only half paying attention to the scene with Snaveling as Roa moved away from their table. Her gaze, rather, was focused upon the five musicians in a corner of the inn who were gathering together to sing and dance. While watching them, the elf ran her fingers slowly over the flute that now lay in her hands. Making her mind up, Galadel quickly finished her ale and stood up. Crossing the room she approached the group. They turned to look at her as she came up to them.

"Pardon me," said the elf of Lothlorien, nodding her head slightely to them, her golden hair falling slightly over her shoulders as she did this, "But I could not help to overhear your conversation. I was wondering if you would mind me playing with you all as well. My fingers have become restless from not playing my flute for a while. Is that allright with all of you?"

Galdel smiled at all of them in turn, watching the changing expressions upon their faces, while one of her right fingers moved unceasingly over the wooden flute that she now held within her smooth left hand. And so she waited until one of them finally answered her.
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll

Last edited by Galadel Vinorel; 04-15-2004 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:57 AM   #307
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye Eleniel and Arrow

"An adventurer!" said Eleniel, impressed. "Well, I am pleased to meet you, si-- Isaac!" She caught herself mid-"sir."

"As for Arrow and I, we're on business. I'm a merchant from Laketown, and every year I travel the world looking for merchandise to sell." She pointed to the saddle bag at her feet. "Some of my smaller merchandise I carry with me," she said, "And the rest will be delivered to my shop via caravan."

Arrow nudged the bag with his nose, as though showing off his loot to Isaac. He wagged his tail proudly.

"Arrow's my travelling companion-slash-guard dog." said Eleniel with a smile. The way the dog was licking Isaac's fingers made it impossible to consider Arrow as guard dog material.

Eleniel dug through the bag for a moment. She pulled out a blue box made of tin and pried off the lid. For a moment, it looked as though it were filled with diamonds.

"Rock candy," she explained. "Bought it yesterday. Would you like a piece? It's on me." She held the tin out to him, taking one herself and popping it into her mouth. Arrow barked and she tossed him a piece of her bread.

"You're getting quite spoiled, dog," she said, wrinkling up her nose.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:06 PM   #308
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Lily was feeling quite pleased after Willow had said she played well. She glanced up to find Aman to tell her their choices, but she seemed to have left the room. Lily shrugged. It could wait a couple of minutes.

A petite Elf who introduced herself as Kyria came over to them and asked if she could sit down. Willow welcomed her into the group and Lily smiled at her.

"You're an elf. What brings you here?" Willow asked her. Before Kyria could answer they were joined by yet another Elf. "Pardon me, but I could not help to overhear your conversation. I was wondering if you would mind me playing with you all as well. My fingers have become restless from not playing my flute for a while. Is that all right with all of you?" Lily for one was quite surprised. She hadn't realized how much attention their music was getting. She knew it had been heard by the other people, of course, but she hadn't realized that anyone was really listening. Lily looked the Elf up and down.

"Sure, why not?" said Lily. "We were just getting ready to play. The songs we've been playing; do you know those? Oh, and one more thing, I don't believe I caught your name." Lily hoped she hadn't sounded to flustered - she was rather surprised by how fast everything was happening and overwhelmed all the new people she had met that night. She turned back to Kyria. "Do you play an instrument too? Or would you prefer to dance and sing with Daisy?"
Old 04-15-2004, 03:40 PM   #309
Archsage Isaac
Animated Skeleton

"You're getting quite spoiled, dog" Eleniel had said as Isaac took a piece of the candy from her tin using the hand that her dog hadn't been licking. Isaac laughed a bit at her. "Ah, I see. I suppose that he's got another side to him, it's just hidden under alot of layers of nice. Yeah, I believe that..." he muttered, the dog still licking his fingers. Isaac rubbed the dog's head who was still wagging his mithril tail happily.

"So, Eleniel, you're a merchant? That has to be interesting." he said, once again splitting his attention between the conversation in the middle of the inn, the dog that would lick his fingers when he stopped rubbing his head, the group of girls in the corner and Eleniel. "Sorry if I seem kind of distracted, I'm really not used to being around this many people, I am used to being alone in my travels..." he added with a slight smile.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:18 PM   #310
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Snaveling was caught off guard by Aman’s request for help with the ale, but he recovered quickly enough that he doubted anyone noticed. He could tell that Aman saw much more than she pretended, but he felt confident that she would not interfere with Toby’s fiction – not that it had been all that convincing, really. Snaveling knew the debt of gratitude he owed the hobbit, and had they been alone he would have clasped the little fellow to his bosom. As it was, he had to content himself with a meaningful look. “Yes,” he said to Aman, “I’d be happy to help with the ale.” The sentence, coming from him, sounded odd even to his ears. Together the Man and the Innkeeper moved to the cellar. At first, both Toby and Roa moved to follow, but Snaveling waved them off saying that he was sure he and Aman could handle the barrel themselves. In truth, one look at Toby was all anyone needed to see that in his state, stairs were not a good idea – as for Roa, Snaveling was still not entirely ready to face her yet, so soon after his shaming before Toby. As an after-thought, Snaveling turned to Pimpernel and asked him to go out to the tailor and bid him wait until Snaveling were done here. The hobbit lad nodded once and ran out the door.

For the third time since Snaveling had been at the Inn, and for the second time that night, he descended the steep stairs into the cellar. He was relieved, when he got to the bottom, to see that the wreckage he had wrought the last time he was here had been cleared away, although there remained a faint stain of wine on the floor. Aman led the way toward the barrels, but when they neared them she stopped and turned to face him. For a moment she regarded him in the dim light cast by the solitary lantern. Before she could speak, Snaveling said, “You did not bring me here simply to help with the ale, did you my Lady.” It was not a question. Aman remained silent, but Snaveling could tell that he was right. The noise of the merry makers came through the thick floorboards above their heads and settled to the floor like the dust from the shuddering beams.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:18 AM   #311
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Daisy flicked back her curly brown hair back behind her shoulders and, while she adjusted one of the pins holding the curls up, she scanned the room for the innkeeper. She was standing behind the bar and seemed to know that the hobbits were ready to perform. She was preparing for the the entertainment by getting out some more ale. Always a good way to prepare for anything in the Shire. The group of musicians had been joined by two elves, one of which was a flute player. This band was getting larger by the minute. Daisy was quite shocked by the two elves, mainly because she had no idea what to expect. She'd heard of elves being tall and beautiful but she'd majorly underestimated their beauty.

Both of the newcomers had commented on the hobbit lasses music and Daisy hadn't realised that people had been listening to them. The look in Lily's eyes suggested she felt the same way. She was quite please with herself and the group with the compliments but then a thought entered her mind.

"But wait, you haven't actually done anything yet have you?"

Daisy sighed to herself. It was the same sort of feeling she'd had just before she'd entered the inn earlier that night. Just when she thought she was getting people's attention, she realised it was only because of the talents of Willow and Lily that she'd been noticed at all. The little hobbit lass took a sip of her drink and swung her especially short legs under her chair.

She sat silently for a moment before realising how pathetic she looked, wallowing in self pity. Everything was happening so quickly she hadn't realised that she was getting quite tired. She managed a small smile at the elf sitting next to Lily with the flute and said a quiet 'Hello' to her.

"Dont worry Daisy," She thought, "Just wait till they see you dance..."

She hoped that she wouldn't regret wearing her sister's dress later, the one which was far too big for Daisy...
Old 04-16-2004, 06:58 AM   #312
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril Aman

Aman regarded the man in the dimlight, her eyes bright even in the darkness of the cellar, trying to formulate the words for the thoughts she needed to express.

"You did not bring me here simply to help with the ale, did you my Lady." Snaveling spoke before Aman could. The Innkeeper remained silent for a moment more, then smiled thinly.

"You see more than you let on, Master Snaveling," she replied quietly.

"The same could be said for you, my Lady," came the quick reply. The Innkeeper gave a small, silent snort of laughter, looking away for a moment as she leant on her hands on the bannister, one side of her face illuminated by the light. When she looked back up at the Man, her gaze was very clear and direct, twin emeralds boring into Snaveling.

"Snaveling...I would like to think that all who pass through the Green Dragon are as honest as my day is long - and that's bloody honest," she added. "But...well, wouldn't that be a little naive. Like yourself I am of the race of men, although of a line less ancient than you, if what I have heard Roa say is correct." She was referring to the rumour that Snaveling was a Dark Numenorian, a rumour that she well knew that he himself had started. The Innkeeper allowed this a moment to settle in, then stood and continued. "And because of this, because of the things I have seen people do...I am not beyond believing, or hoping, that everyone can change. I wonder will my hope be rewarded?"

She let the sentence hang in the air, an abstract notion with a very direct point. Snaveling didn't reply, although he looked like he wanted to, but the fact that he held her gaze told the Innkeeper enough. Aman smiled and gave a small nod. He understood that she knew, and for the second time in one night she had chosen to ignore it in favour of the good side she believed in. Why, Aman couldn't have said, but nonetheless there it was. Standing again, the Innkeeper took the lantern from Snaveling and, standing up on her tiptoes slightly, she hung it on an ornate metal bracket about a foot above her head. Turning back, she motioned to the sturdy oak barrel Snaveling stood by.

"Come along then, there will be parched throats when the music begins," she said, briskly, rolling up her long sleeves.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:03 AM   #313
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa stared after the retreating backs of Aman and Snaveling. Why do I feel as though I've just been snubbed? It was rediculous of course, and she turned a questioning look on Toby. The hobbit squirmed and then, "Why, Roa, I have a great thrist. Would you care for a drink with me?" The Ranger sighed. It was clear that Toby would not reveal anything. The lie was obvious to Roa, and, she suspected, Aman.

"I believe you have had enough, Toby, but would you care to sit with Galadel and myself?" she asked with a smile. The hobbit considered this for a moment, and then agreed rather enthusiastically. Returning to the table, Roa noticed that Galadel had left. Toby seemed confused as well, but they soon head flute music and saw the their friend was thoroughly enjoying herself with music. Nodding to each other, Roa and Toby took their seats.

Last edited by Roa_Aoife; 04-16-2004 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:22 AM   #314
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Witch_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
Aduthondiel
She sat back in the chair with her arms crossing each other. Crystal had left to find Angry and Adu wasn't sure what to do now. The party was marvelous and all she could do was sit there and drink ale every chance she got. She looked around and noticed that Aman had disapeared. Adu was bored so she stood up and decided to see what she could do.

She discovered that Aman and the man called Snaveling was getting ready to serve drinks. "Miss Aman, would you like some help?" Adu knew that she was being straight forward but that was the way she was. She didn't want to set around and watch everyone else have fun. Adu wasn't use to celebrations. Usually if some thing good happened back under Dorian's command they would all be dismissed for the day. But that was long ago. She wondered how Hama was doing on his journey. It was lonely without him.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:09 AM   #315
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Snaveling hurried through the yard of the Green Dragon to the stables. He felt as a child did before a celebration, so excited was he by the thought of the new clothes that he would be purchasing. His brief conversation with Aman remained clear in his mind, but it was quickly moving into the background as he thought ahead to what was to come. He had been too terrified to speak with Roa after carrying up the barrel, even after her manner had made it clear that she was ready to accept him into her company again, if not to forgive him entirely. He wondered if Aman had chosen a barrel of ale consciously, to remind him that his crimes were not forgotten. The weight of the barrel lingered in his lean arms, but he shook them lightly to drive away the strain.

He paused before the door of the stable and took a deep breath of the night air to clear the last of the cobwebs from his mind. He was still light-headed from the drink, but so much had happened this night that the fog which had enveloped him earlier was all but gone.

Inside, Pimpernel was waiting for him with an extremely fat hobbit whom he introduced as Otho Bracegirdle. The tailor bowed to Snaveling deeply and immediately began pulling his wares from a small valise that he had brought. “I don’t often get requests for clothing from the Big Folk, but I do have some that might suit you nicely. Yes,” he said, evaluating, as he held up a bright tunic of red velvet, “this might be what you need.” Snaveling shook his head and glared at the hobbit darkly. Immediately, another tunic, this one a rich blue appeared, but Snaveling did not like the look of the tassels that adorned the shoulders so it too was soon replaced.

It took a while, for the valise at the hobbit’s side was remarkably full, but eventually Snaveling was satisfied with his new clothing. He quickly removed his rags and placed them gently on the straw of his stall – he was tempted, as a gesture, to throw them away, but he knew that the fortunes of those who dwelt in Middle-Earth were never so certain that one could toss away their old cloaks heedlessly. Mr. Bracegirdle helped him get dressed and spent a few minutes adjusting the cloth. It was a surprisingly good fit, requiring only a few stitches under the arms to tighten it up. As the fat tailor worked on his suit, Snaveling put Pimpernel to work coming out his long black hair with an iron comb that the Man borrowed from a nearby saddlebag. When they were finished Snaveling stood and looked at himself in the small mirror that the tailor had brought. It had been so long since he had seen himself in a mirror, or – for that matter – anyone in fine clothing that he hardly knew what to make of himself.

“Thank you Mr Bracegirle,” he said. “These clothes will do nicely. Now, I have no idea what this might cost so I will ask you to take what you require from the coin Pimpernel brought you, and to return the change to Mr Tobias Hornblower. Oh! Make sure that Pimpernel here gets one or two silver pennies as well.” Both hobbits, the young and the fat, bowed to him deeply and started into their extended hobbit thank you’s, but Snaveling was already out the door and heading to the Inn.

The moment he stepped into the light he knew that the transformation was as profound as any he could have hoped for. Those who knew him stared with open surprise, while those who did not assumed that there was a new arrival at the Inn. Several weeks at the Inn, and the company he had formed and kept there, had done much to improve his manner and bearing. Where before there had been a cringing sallow fellow, there now stood straight and tall a Man of the South; his face, previously bearded and cragged, was clean shaven and the lines of his face were no longer vicious but patrician and severe. He was much taller than any there remembered, but in truth, he had merely found the strength to stand upright. His dark eyes flashed with glee, but there remained in their depths a hardness unassailable and inviolate. He was a dangerous Man still, but no longer in a petty and mean way. His new clothes were of dark material, richly woven. They were simply cut and made, as were all the clothes of the Shire, but they were worthy of a powerful lord, and indeed he did not seem out of place in them. On his chest, glittering in the light of the party and bright against the black of his tunic, was his amulet, freshly polished.

Snaveling recoiled somewhat from the stares of those who turned to look at him, but his eyes sought out the table where Toby and Roa sat. Both of them were looking at him in amazement. As he strode toward them he caught Aman’s eye from across the room and saw something in her expression that was at once unreadable and thrilling. He could hear Galadel’s golden voice somewhere in the Inn. He stepped up to where Roa and Toby sat and looked down at them. “Tobias, Roa – might I join you?”

Last edited by Fordim Hedgethistle; 04-16-2004 at 09:15 AM.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:21 AM   #316
*Arwen*
Animated Skeleton

Tiruviel

After polishing off her food and gratefully accepting another ale, Tiruviel decided to go and introduce herself to a couple of people. She glanced aroung the room, soaking up all the different conversations and her eyes rested on a girl sitting on her own.

She wound her way through the crowd and ended up next to the girl. "Hello," smiled Tiruviel, "is this seat taken?" The girl looked up, "No." Tiruviel sat herself down and smiled. "My name is Tiruviel, I have journied from Lothlorien." The girl looked up again and smiled. Tiruviel noted how friendly her smile was. "Mine is Adu," she said.

"I didn't mean to intrude," Tiruviel apologised, "It's just that you looked so bored and I am quite lonely myself." She smiled again. Hopefully this will be a nicer evening than i thought

Last edited by *Arwen*; 04-17-2004 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:10 PM   #317
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye Eleniel and Arrow

Quote:
"Sorry if I seem kind of distracted, I'm really not used to being around this many people, I am used to being alone in my travels..." he added with a slight smile.
"That's quite all right," said Eleniel. "I feel quite overwhelmed myself." There was so much going on here, it was almost dizzying. "But I like it. It's better than tending a shop all day." Arrow gave a snort in agreement.

"Actually, this trip is one of the highlights of my year," Eleniel continued. "It's my chance to get out and see the world and everything in it. The rest of the time I spend selling what I collect on this trip." She nodded towards her bag.

Arrow yawned, growing bored. He whined once to Eleniel, casting longing glances to the door. Eleniel sighed.

"I told you to do that before you came in, dog." she said. Arrow gave her the infamous "Sad Puppy Look." Eleniel sighed. She was a sucker for the Sad Puppy Look.

"All right, go ahead. Just don't get into trouble." she said. Arrow wagged his tail and licked both Isaac and Eleniel before trotting to the door and pushing it open with his nose. Before he left, he cast a glance over his shoulder. The look seemed to say, "I'll be back. Your hand had better be ready to pet me when I return!"

The dog almost ran into a finely-dressed man. It took Eleniel a moment to recognise him as Snaveling, the man who had stolen the hobbit's coin. Apparently the coin had gone to good use.

"He looks different!" Eleniel murmured. Turning back to Isaac, she smiled. "You said something about searching for lost memories. What did you mean? I don't mean to pry," she added quickly, red showing on the apples of her cheeks.
Arrow sniffed the air, happy to be outside. The delicious smell of cooking food mixed with the interesting scents of livestock and evening. A bee flew around his head and a cricket hopped to and fro at his feet. This was the life.

He momentarily considered eating the cricket, just to see what it tasted like, but the notion was forgotten as something rustled a bush across the coblestone street.

A natural hunter, Arrow was instantly intrigued. His trusty nose told him that the creature in the bush was a rabbit. Rabbits were yummy, and much more fun to catch than a cricket was.

Bounding across the street and squishing the cricket in the process, Arrow was completely happy.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:01 PM   #318
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Feared Half-Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Eye Elkamia

"Well met." she nodded to the elf named Kyria, and marvelled at how she was everything that herself was not. She was the classic 'perfect' elf, with blonde hair and classic eyes. Elkamia had brown hair, and silvery grey eyes. She'd never really cared, until she saw Kyria. "What am I thinking?" she chided herself, as the elf Tinuviel, who she had approached, wandered away and began talking ta a lone girl sat by herself. "You've always concentrated on what's going on around you, not what you look like." She shook the thoughts from her head and concentrated on the elf before her. "Where do you come from?"

She did think, however, that the wine coloured robe was a little too flamboyant for her tastes. But then, she hated dresses generally. She would have preferred to come to this party in her normal clothes, but oh well. A party met a dress, as she had thought to herself many times during the evening.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Last edited by Feared Half-Elf; 04-17-2004 at 06:52 AM.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:25 PM   #319
Archsage Isaac
Animated Skeleton

Isaac produced a gently used rag from his pocket and wiped his hand. Not that he didn't like the dog, he hated feeling damp. He put the rag back in his pocket and leaned back in his chair. Eleniel had murmered something before turning back to Isaac and asking what he had meant by his lost memories. "Yes, my lost memories. I have no memories from before a few years ago. It's as if they've been erased by something. I just woke up one day with a sword in my hand and started my journey..." he said. His voice kind of trailed off the last few words.

He saw the man who'd just walked back into the inn. He looked vaguely familiar. It was Snaveling, the man who'd taken the hobbit's coin. Isaac turned back to Eleniel. "It's a hard story to believe, I know, but it's the total truth. I travel these lands in hope of remembering my past." he added with a slightly saddened tone to his voice.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:00 PM   #320
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shield Willow

Willow smiled wryly at Daisy. "Our group just keeps getting bigger and bigger, doesn't it? We started with just us few hobbits, and now..." She gestured to the two elves. "Well, I guess we're not that unnoticable now."

She set her fiddle aside, setting it on the table, as they were not going to play yet. The cherry color of her fiddle contrasted greatly with the oaken wood of the counter. There was a cheery appearance in the oak-wood of the counter-- it fit in with the cheerful airs of the Green Dragon Inn. Willow wondered if it was always that cheery.

After a while of silence-- at least in Willow's head, for there was confersations going on all around them-- she spoke again. "When I first came in here, I never thought that I'd be noticed. Do you know what I mean, Daisy?"

The smaller hobbit's face indicated that she did; with her smaller size, and the slightly too large dress, she seemed to blend right into the wall. Is that intentional? Willow wondered in her mind.

She stroked her violin. "And then someone notices you," she said softly. "And you don't know how to react." She spoke soft, as to herself, but yet not. "And now, I'm here, with three other hobbit's, and two elves, planning to go and play in front of all the Green Dragon. And I don't know how I feel: excited, scared, I just don't know. Do you know what I mean?" she asked, looking beyond Daisy, at all those in the Green Dragon. "Do you know what I mean? And how do you feel here, at the outset of this. I've never played where one could hear me before." And she commented softly, almost to soft for anyone to make out: "I've never been allowed to. I've not been too afraid of people, just of the consequences,"

And her eyes reflected what she said.