The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-04-2003, 06:05 PM   #1
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Dedicated Downers

How far would you go to reach your favourite site?

This evening- well, morning now- I have surprised myself with my daring, cunning, and plain ol' stupidity. So I thought I would publicly celebrate it.

I am banned from the internet and had the connection extention lead taken away due to excessive obsession, so I'm down here at 1am having dragged my extremely heavy computer and the power box half way across the room in order to connect the remaining connection wire to the phone. If caught, the computer would probably be forfeit, along with my life [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] or at least my existence in this house.

This may not sound like a big deal, but it is a major risk, so I'm here to celebrate my dedication to this site. I was so desperate to get on here that I moved my computer and risked everything I hold dear to do it. Well, I would have been banned from the site, at least. The most they can do is chuck me out onto the street, really.

So... anyone else done anything extreme/crazy/ that shows extreme dedication in order to reach the Downs?
Old 07-04-2003, 09:26 PM   #2
mordor136
Wight

mordor136 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Not saying that I support rule breaking WAIT A MINUTE I have staories similar to that so obviously i dont follow the proverb practice what you preach ,hmmmm. Well I would like to commend you for your honorable dedication to this site! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2003, 09:49 PM   #3
ElenCala Isil
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElenCala Isil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ElenCala Isil Send a message via Yahoo to ElenCala Isil
Sting

well, since I have graphics sites and such I can't really get banned from the computer... so I end up having an extremely early curfew (AHHHH!!!!) so I just "wake up" at like 2 am to get on [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I also took the extra time given at school for my online final to go on the 'downs... as well as sneaking into the library after hours and the science lab... all just to get here [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2003, 11:42 PM   #4
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, I call being away from BD two days "a long time". And when my computer was broken, I went to the library every single day (except Saturday--it wasn't open!) to come on BD. And when people were on the two computers, I waited. I used every chance I got to come on BD. And I got extremely upset and worried about what my writing companions would do when I couldn't post again in the Green Dragon for about four days. I resorted to going on every Industrial Arts class, too. And, now that it is summer vacation, I'm on here every waking moment.
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 12:21 AM   #5
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Well, when im supposed to be doing work, I say... "ma! i need the internet to look up some assignment stuff.."
So on goes the internet, but i open up a whole lot of other things as well so when my mother comes along to check on me, i switch to another window on my computer...

It works well enough. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] It is not nearly as sneaky as some of the things ive done lately though... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 12:55 AM   #6
Aredhel Idril Telcontar
Wight

Aredhel Idril Telcontar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have to suffer my little bro's whining "It's so booooring at the BD!! Go somwhere else".

I once lied to the librarian that I had to do some project stuff and went on downs instead [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] And I'll do it again [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2003, 10:02 AM   #7
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Sting

Quote:
Well, when im supposed to be doing work, I say... "ma! i need the internet to look up some assignment stuff.."
So on goes the internet, but i open up a whole lot of other things as well so when my mother comes along to check on me, i switch to another window on my computer...
Oh, I do that all the time too! Who couldn't? It's so simple when your mom is extremely gullible, like mine...

Quote:
I have to suffer my little bro's whining "It's so booooring at the BD!! Go somwhere else".
Same here. My brother always groans whenever I get on and go straight to the 'Downs. Oh well, all he does is watch TV all day...
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 10:14 AM   #8
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Little brothers are little creations of Morgoth. They were his ultimate torture device.

My parents are pretty much resigned to the fact that I'm going to be on the BD whether they like it or not, so they let me sign on any time during the day. The night, however, is another matter. I have to type very quietly so that my dad (who's a v. light sleeper) won't wake up and realize that I've been on BD at 3 in the morning (from 11 PM).
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 10:55 AM   #9
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, I do that all the time too! Who couldn't? It's so simple when your mom is extremely gullible, like mine...
I do that too. But usally I'm typing a very big report for my class thats due the next day. I've rarely ever been cought.
elven maiden Earwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 11:44 AM   #10
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I avoided my friends in Private Studies at school to go to Science study (Bear in mind I do no science and would be chucked out if caught by Dr Olukoshi) and go on the downs. I also went on during a history class in the computer room. And after a couple of my exams. And during the day when my Mum is at work and I'm not supposed to as the net isn't free. And from midnight to 2 in the morning friday night/ saturday morning as soon as it gets free. And when my Dad is yelling at me to stop all the tapping. One of these days it'll get me killed!
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Lyra Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 11:57 AM   #11
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Little brothers are little creations of Morgoth. They were his ultimate torture device.
Along with older sisters...she'll go to my mom and say "Your stupid daughter has been on the internet all day! Make her get off!" Then she'll sit and say to me "Get off!! You've been on there for long enough!" And then, when I go into the kitchen or something (as you people on the chat rooms have seen) she'll type something so stupid, like "u all suck" and enter it. Then I have to explain to the people on the chatroom and it is so embarassing!
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 12:51 PM   #12
Beren87
Master of the Secret Fire

Beren87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beren87 Send a message via Yahoo to Beren87
Sting

When I erm..blew up my second computer, I used to walk downtown after school everyday to the library to visit BD. Then I would wait till 6 before being picked up. It was strangly enjoyable.
Beren87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 07:22 PM   #13
Catherine
Shade of Carn Dûm

Catherine has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
~I do the same thing its so easy to get away with things~

~Also when I was punished, I wasn't able to use the computer, so I would just stay after school, go to the library and go onto the BarrowDowns...then I would just tell my mom that I was staying 4 science or something~
I don't think I should have had the heart to leave it."
~Merry to Haldir in Lothlórien~
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 11:37 PM   #14
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Quote:
Well, I call being away from BD two days "a long time".
Oh, gosh, that is so true! Whenever I am gone that long I feel so lost. Because everyone has gone on to different topics than the ones they were discussing the day I left.

I really have not done anything that drastic to get to the B-D's. Though last year during school I spent all of lunch in my keyboarding classroom with my friend and we mostly went on the internet, thus meaning that I mostly went on the B-D's. Every time that I was on the computer and I really did not have anything to do (especially in keyboarding) I would go on to the internet and go on Tolkien websites. If my teacher would have seen me she would have killed me, my keyboarding teacher is so mean sometimes.
Old 07-06-2003, 02:12 AM   #15
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Great minds think alike [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Its great when your parents trust you. But my dad on the other hand lets me on here whenever, Mum, usually chucks a psycho... Lucky i am never caught.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 07-06-2003, 03:18 PM   #16
peony_foxburr
Haunting Spirit

peony_foxburr has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peony_foxburr
Sting

Above posts confirming my opinion that after about age 9, it does NO GOOD for parents to "ban" anything--your kids will figure out a way around it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. I was forbidden to pierce my ears until age 16 (not making this up!). I did it anyway, and wore my (long) hair taped to my earlobes when I was at home. I've gone to the library to use their computers when our connection wasn't available--and I WOULD walk it if I had to (about 2.5 miles), so I guess that's how far I'd go nowadays. Back then--everything that was mentioned, and more!
"And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed on into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water."
-The Return of the King
peony_foxburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 05:44 PM   #17
Cúdae
Wight

Cúdae has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cúdae
Sting

If you call hacking into my brother's finance-and-military jibberish only laptop to use his internet connection to reach the 'Downs because my sister was tying up our PC, well then, yeah I'm dedicated. It was hard to break into that thing too... lol. And thankfully, he didn't catch me. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2003, 07:40 PM   #18
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dûm

elfearz1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elfearz1
Eye

*thinks* this isn't that big of a deal, but I have been late to many things (including my summer school class and right now I am late for something too) because I just had to keep posting! that's really all I could think of. hehe
elfearz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 09:22 PM   #19
Alatáriël Lossëhelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatáriël Lossëhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Well, I call being away from BD two days "a long time".
When my computer crashed last month, I stayed 1 1/2 to 2 hours late at work every day for a week, just so that I could access the Downs. Also, I went camping with friends this weekend, and spent the last 3 days thinking (and talking) about the Downs. But unfortunately not actually on the Downs.

Quote:
I do this at work...I have 3-4 windows open, and switch to a work-related one when my management proximity alarm goes off. If they ever start checking our internet history, I'm a goner.
Old 07-07-2003, 01:28 AM   #20
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

WOW im 16 and my mum is however encouraging me to get dreadlocks! I can have whatever pearced if i want which leads me to think my mum is posessed if she will then chuck a spack over internet time!

My friend, his parents dont even know what the BarrowDowns is... so he can get away with a LOT.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 07-07-2003, 06:29 PM   #21
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Sting

Well, I was on the 'Downs the other night and my dad came in and told me to go to bed. So I went toward my room like a good little , but I waited in the hallway for the lights in the kitchen and living room to go off. Then I slipped out, turned the computer back on, and returned to the 'Downs. Unfortunately, I got caught. The computer at my house has "accounts" so that each person can have seperate files, keep things private, etc. My dad changed my password and took away a large amount of my privileges. It was not pleasant. Fortunately, my daddy is a softie, so when I asked, oh so nicely, for my new password, he told me. Whew.
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 01:43 PM   #22
Sharkû
Hungry Ghoul

Sharkû has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Don't chat.
Sharkû is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 05:24 PM   #23
Duncariel
Wight

Duncariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

No two word posts. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2003, 06:27 PM   #24
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Lily Bombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have been grounded from the internet on several occasions, so I just wait untill my family is sleeping, then I sneak on.
Old 07-12-2003, 03:49 AM   #25
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

I'm thinking about sneaking during my Computer Science class to BD... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Well, good thing my CS teacher is also an LotR fan!!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 06:07 PM   #26
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I spent a good deal of my OAC art class trying to figure out a way to get past the restriction on forums. I didn't, but I know all the answers to all the quizzes now.

On top of that, I'm currently working full-time (and I mean FULL TIME) at a summer camp, and I spend all the time I can get (I only get one hour off per day) trying to kick the Administrator off the net so that I can get on the BD.

Lindril (that's why I'm not posting so much) Arvilya
Old 07-14-2003, 10:18 AM   #27
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My hard drive broke down and I lost access to the internet for two days [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Fortunately it got fixed this morning. I was all geared up for a long trek out to my old school so I could get online. And it would have been hell walking up nothing but hills in this heat.
Old 09-20-2003, 09:45 AM   #28
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dûm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

One time my stuuupid brother let the shower leak all over the computer. It's situated directly in the room above, and he stood right over the plug hole so all the water overflowed, soaked through the floor and dripped on the computer. When we found out we left it to dry for two days, whilst I rocked back and forth on a chair manically, getting worked up and worring about a computer. But I creeped downstairs at 2am and used my mums work computer instead! Mwa a hahaha!

But as you can tell, the computers up and working now. But the keyboard's never been quite the same...
Old 09-20-2003, 10:14 AM   #29
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I used to sneek downstairs at night and go on the Barrowdowns until 4 in the mourning so I could get two hours of sleep. Needless to say I wasn't very awake in school.

I'm not exactly sure if Tolkien would smile on our behavior though... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2003, 08:42 PM   #30
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

I donated a total amount of $150.00 to the BarrowDowns' worthy cause, and I'm just waiting to see how long it takes my parents to realize that I'm not spending it on clothes or books. Ah well!
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 11:25 AM   #31
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Sting

I am quite weird too, when it comes to BD.. heh [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hmm, where shall I start??

Okay, when I had a virus and was told by my parents not to go on the computer for about 1 month. I think I almost cried.. LOL. Anyway, for that period I went to the library every single weekend. (No, I didn't have time to do that in the weekends; the bus takes some time and..ahh.) It even went so far, in that period, that I started sucking up with my least favorite teachers, just to borrow one of the school computers. Did you think that worked? Never! My teachers are very.. erm.. you just can't negotiate with these people; they simply don't understand you. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

By the way, when I am on holiday, without computer access, I am very near to go crazy. Like crazy, crazy; like really crazy.

And.. Just one last sample.. Something was really wrong with my back, (terrible pains) the other day. I even stayed home from school. And yet again, I wasn't allowed on the computer by my 'not-understanding-their-daughter's-computer-need' kind of parents. I guess, I'll never really have such pains in my back again. If so, I won't tell them... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Okay, all for now..

*nova* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 03:16 AM   #32
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
Narya

I guess I am VERY dedicated to this site.

I've never failed to go on BD every day since I signed up, which is quite an achievement as I'm also BANNED from internet. However, my mother and father seldom shows up at home for days at a time, which gives me... a rather useful little loophole.

My dad is in Germany, my mother is in hospital again, so I'm free t spend all night in BD if I like.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:10 AM   #33
Nimrothiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nimrothiel has just left Hobbiton.
I'm on here whenever I can get access to a computer; right now I should be finishing my Pre-Calc. assignment, but since it doesn't make sense to anyone else in my class and the teacher isn't overly bright I don't care. I spend lots of time here in the summer, my dad actually forces me to go outside! My brother is also evil, he's always saying, "Get off, I wanna go on my site (Warcraft III)." He does that whenever I go on my Star Wars website too. He plays his game for hours at a time, then calls me lazy when I steal a precious twenty minutes to go on the 'Downs. I sometimes stay on here till the wee hours of the morning, but not too often because my parents don't fall sound asleep; they're always checking to make sure that I'm upstairs and in bed where I'm supposed to be; it's rather annoying.
Lately I've had to do the multiple-window thing, I'm supposed to be working on a scholarship essay, but I haven't really started yet because I spend all of my time here.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:43 AM   #34
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mariska Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

For me, it's really easy to be on this site every day (except weekends). I'm always at work, and with the full and very fast internet connection, it's a real pleasure...

Because of this, the Downs is completely related with my work. When I'm riding of to work, I usually think about what would be going on here, rather then what work I have to do...

But on the other hand, in the evening and the weekends, I stay away from the computer, I do have one at home, but I have a little brother and sister who chat all the time, and I really don't mind that much. I love to go out, and have a life besides this site. Although I must admit that this forum represents a big part in my life...
Old 02-13-2004, 10:04 AM   #35
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Wandering through Middle-Earth (Sadly in Alberta and not ME)
Lathriel has just left Hobbiton.
Well I guess I am pretty dedicated since I have dial-up and it takes forever to load the forum pages. However I keep on coming back. Now I have a spare at school, so that is the happy hour I use to go on and enjoy high speed internet.

However it is really annoying when my brother whines about my BD obsession saying that I am very strange and that I am wasting my time. However I completly disagree,I mean he is obsessed with Trains! Now that is what I find strange!
Old 02-13-2004, 03:33 PM   #36
Lady Snickerdoodle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Lady Snickerdoodle has just left Hobbiton.
Just a little while ago, I was grounded from the internet too. My parents had even gone so far as to block my favorite sites (they blocked barrowdowns! how underhanded IS that???) AND warned me not to use my friends'. as if they didn't trust me! *shifty eyes* muahaha.

Way too easy for me. Just called my friends, told them my barrowdowns login and password and had them read the forum to me. Oh yeah, and used a friend's computer, in direct violation to the order. Cheers to all you other lawbreakers too!

(umm, just wondering, why is there no more evil face in the smilies???)

EDIT: disclaimer- I am only evil in very extreme situations like this. I am normally a very nice girl. *covers friend's mouth to keep them from laughing hysterically*
Old 02-14-2004, 12:39 AM   #37
Ashton
Animated Skeleton

Ashton has just left Hobbiton.
Actually I am technically grounded from the BD's right now for an entire week! No more Posts. *(parents, they never understand)*. It is quite late and all my family is in bed. They don't know I am on the computer, or that I have been on the computer for this whole week. And if you look at my posting you will find that I haven't been obeying my parents at all.

I also have a research paper due on Tuesday and instead of working on it at school, I get on the BD's instead. THen I can go home and work on my research paper under my mother's ever watchful eye. My mother is not gullible or dumb. Sometimes that is not an asset, especially when you are grounded.

BD'S ROCK!! I ENJOY MY DEADNESS!!

Last edited by Ashton; 02-14-2004 at 12:44 AM.
Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 06:37 PM   #38
Memory of Trees
Haunting Spirit

Location: Here! Over here!!! Behind that rock. Yes, that is I...
Memory of Trees has just left Hobbiton.
Ya'll are SO bad... I guess that I'd do pretty much the same thing if I were in your situation, but thank goodness I'm not. My parents are only home about twice a week, and they don't pay that much attention to me anyway, so I really don't have many restrictions on the net. That's really good, because I'd DIE...

Last edited by Memory of Trees; 02-21-2004 at 06:42 PM.
Memory of Trees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 11:16 PM   #39
Bekah
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Several miles over the madness horizon and accelerating
Bekah has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Bekah
Boots

For about the last half-year I kind of abandoned Barrowdowns in favour of fanfiction (I'm now banned from this site, and because I've spent about six months of constant rebelling I'm kind of tired of it now).

Now, I got banned, passwords to all accounts including my own were installed and not given me (in fact I still don't have them), and I was allowed about one hour of supervised usage. At an earlier stage of banning they merely took away the connection password and it took me a few weeks to figure it out by picking my memory; they found out that I'd figured it out. During the moments when they turned away I changed the password to my account (they found this out several times and kept changing it and I kept getting in trouble) and sneaked on to the computer most nights at about 10 o'clock up to about 6 in the morning. I got caught several times, got into extreme trouble, and atm the computer is right outside my parent's bedroom (and they're fairly light sleepers). I can no longer change my password from the only account I'm allowed on (after they type in the password, of course).

So now I shall just go onto BDs during the day. While doing my schoolwork, of course, because otherwise I'll get into major trouble.

Just to show you what extreme lengths I'll go to in my obsession...

~ Elentari II

Last edited by Bekah; 02-23-2004 at 11:21 PM.
Bekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 06:04 PM   #40
Ashton
Animated Skeleton

Ashton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Ouch! I feel for you. I really thought my grounding was bad. I hope you can knock some sense into your parents soon. Or better yet, go to college away from home and then you won't have any adult supervision at all.

One way that I try to avoid my parents is to get on during school, or go to a friend's house that has internet and use it there, or as a last option,your local library probably has computers that are open. Ty that. I hope it gets better for you.