User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-03-2003, 10:53 PM   #601
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

"Who do you suppose is in charge of breakfasts around here?" asked Biffo.

"I had a feeling that Pio was running this place, maybe she could help you?" offered the Elf maid, Beruthiel, although from the sounds of it this was her first visit to the Inn as well.

"Yes maybe," Biffo replied, "I'll get some drinks and find out. What would you like?"

"Just some tea thanks," said the Elf. Biffo had the strangest feeling on hearing these words, some kind of deja-whatsit.

"Me too," added Belle. Biffo stirred from his reverie and wandered over towards the bar. Just then the innkeeper Pio arrived, and recruited Biffo and Belle into toast making duties.

There were great sounds of frying, cracking, crackling and general hustle and bustle coming from the kitchen. There were now six or seven helpers, Elf and Hobbit alike. Biffo was amazed at how quickly they had managed to stir up so much activity, and get the Inn back to a lively level of business. Many hands made light work. The two cousins handed out toast to all and sundry around the common room. Soon one of the Elves appeared from out of the kitchen.

"All right, who wants some breakfast?" she asked. Biffo was, true to form, first in line. He appropriated three decent-sized breakfasts as well as requesting a pot of tea. After the Elf had found out how much he owed for this and for last night's bill, Biffo counted out the coins and gave them to her with a few coppers extra. Although rich by no means, the last few weeks of work in the Southfarthing had left Biffo reasonably well off for now.

He took the trays of breakfast over, sausages, eggs and nice crispy bacon, then returned to the bar area to wait for their tea. Biffo noticed that the rough, grim warrior still stood in the middle of the common room, his cries for assistance so far unheeded. Biffo had listened with shock and dismay to his tale of the fight outside, and wondered why noone outside had rushed to stop it. The early morning noise in The Green Dragon meant that noone inside the common room would have heard rumour of it. This particular Hobbit was a Proudfoot through and through, and couldn't resist a little jab at the man, whose crazed look of pride was more disturbing than fearsome.

"You want the fastest way to Minas Tirith, sir? I'm sure the Shirriffs will be happy to drop you at the southern border. They'll be along any minute, once they spot a great fekking Elf body floating down The Water. Might even make you stay to bury the fellow, at the very least. If you want my advice, you'll leave before they catch up with you."

Warrior or not, the man was injured, and in any case unlikely to fight off the whole of The Shire on his own. The sooner the Shirriffs arrived, the better, thought Biffo. He had half a mind to fetch them himself - after breakfasts.

[ January 03, 2003: Message edited by: doug*platypus ]
Old 01-03-2003, 11:51 PM   #602
Eruantalon
Wight

Eruantalon has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruantalon
Sting

Deep in his dream he saw golden beauty all around him. Sweet beauty of old, then cries. Orcs! Anger! Fire! Hate. Burning beauty! Tears rolled from his eyes.

Screaming darkness, pushing towards the light. Two now moving around. Such a strange way, they did not see before. ‘No!’ he thought. ‘They have taken it.’ Not yet, not by their hand! Then came the vision of a great net, silently cast out. Elven warriors. The great net. A field . . . no a forest . . .

Now his eyes opened "What! Who are you?" he cried, surprised. "I need rest, for where I go there will be none. Lest I find the eternal rest of mortal men." he said, trailing off from his visions and dark words.

"I am sorry I did not mean to upset you in any way." He said to the woman who had woken him. "Please forgive me, and tell Pio to wake me at 10:00 to get ready for lunch." He smiled at her. "You only woke me from a harsh place I hope never to see again!" he said apologetically.

So she left and he fell back to sleep. But there was no more dream . . . only empty blackness.

[ January 04, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-04-2003, 04:04 AM   #603
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Downstairs Umbria felt Durman stir from his slumber. "Dol Amroth" she repeated to herself in a whisper "Durman, then he is here."

In another part of the Green Dragon she sensed great and immense fear. "One here is facing dark times" she thought to herself, her piercing stare going into a trance as she stared into space. A tear ran from her eyes and she whispered "a terrible terrible fear.."

She had not spoken for hours to a sole in the Inn when she heard the call for breakfast by Biffo. She smiled "I have with me lembas if your hunger permits you to no longer wait"

[ January 04, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-04-2003, 05:00 AM   #604
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dūm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Beruthiel went into the kitchen and grabbed an apron as Pio had instructed her.
'Gosh this place is so organised!' She thought to her self. Hobbits and elves alike were scurrying around the kitchen helping out, following Pio's orders. It was quite a sight!

Beruthiel looked around to see the cups and tea pots on a counter, she picked them up and started her round.

[ January 04, 2003: Message edited by: Beruthiel ]
Old 01-04-2003, 10:08 AM   #605
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"All right, who wants some breakfast?"

Rie laughed as the line formed almost before Nuru was done talking. "Looks like I'd better keep going," she thought as the food disappeared from Nuru's tray. She had gotten into the swing of things with her eggs, and was now multi-tasking, cooking some bacon. She heard the door open, and looked to see who it was. Another Elf--Beruthiel was her name, Rie was fairly sure.

"Welcome to the kitchen patrol, Beruthiel!" Rie laughed.
Old 01-04-2003, 10:47 AM   #606
Barodir
Animated Skeleton

Barodir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Barodir stood in the room, still waiting for an answer. He waited quite some time, for many were working with their breakfasts. He was begining to despair when, at long last, a Hobbit came forth and told him:

"You want the fastest way to Minas Tirith, sir? I'm sure the Shirriffs will be happy to drop you at the southern border. They'll be along any minute, once they spot a great fekking Elf body floating down The Water. Might even make you stay to bury the fellow, at the very least. If you want my advice, you'll leave before they catch up with you."

The Hobbit seemed annoyed that Barodir fought as much as he did. After all, the guard of Gondor had fought twice in one day. Once injured, as well.

He thought about the proposal of leaving before the shirriffs, but said "Halfling, even if they are against me, they can still assist, and I will wait for them, when I can explain my story to them."

He then sat down at a table and asked the Hobbit "When's breakfast?"
Old 01-04-2003, 12:05 PM   #607
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Pio flopped down with a discrete oomph in the chair opposite Cami. She glanced about the Inn at the hustle and bustle of the volunteer breakfast brigade. Smiling at her friend, she commented, 'Now that's what I like to see! A busy crew and a tightly run ship.'

Cami laughed and shook her head at the Elf. 'This isn't the Star, Pio. You can't go about ordering the guests around.'

Pio raised her eyebrows, 'Perhaps not forever, Cami. But it's working for today. Gives me a chance to put my feet up and relax.' She waved a hand to Beruthiel and motioned her over. 'A large mug of coffee, if you please.' The young Elf poured the brew with a certain flair and set it down nicely in front of Pio. Cami nodded to Pio, who winked at the young Elf and smiled, saying, 'Excellent technique, Beruthiel! I believe you have a a real talent as a Shire barrista. Carry on, my dear, your guests await you!

Pio overheard Barodir asking for the fastest way to Minas Anor. She motioned him to her table. 'Take the Great East Road to Bree and turn south on The Greenway. Ride hard and you will reach the Gap of Rohan in a fortnight. From there the Great West Road will take you down the Eastern flank of the Ered Nimrais and into Anorien from The Mark. Stay on the road and it will bring you directly to Minas Anor, or Minas Tirith as you Men call it now.'

[ January 04, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-04-2003, 01:31 PM   #608
theWhiteLady
Wight

theWhiteLady has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Laurie took a step back, quite afraid as the man in the hay began to thrash and shout. He sat up and was talking at her, but he didn't seem to really see who she was at first. Oh dear, I didn't mean to disturb him like this, she thought, alarmed. But he bent his head and after a moment began to speak again, this time in a much softer tone.

Quote:
"I am sorry I did not mean to upset you in any way." He said to the woman who had woken him. "Please forgive me, and tell Pio to wake me at 10:00 to get ready for lunch." He smiled at her. "You only woke me from a harsh place I hope never to see again!" he said apologetically.
She curtsied and smiled weakly back. "Quite all right good sir, I'm sorry I disturbed you. I will be sure and give Pio your message." And with that she made a hasty retreat, grabbing a bale for the horses on her way down. That will teach me to bother in other people's business, Laurie thought.

She threw the hay into the stalls and found a grooming box on a shelf. She brushed each horse with short, deft strokes then picked out their hooves. It was quick work, Laurie had done it a hundred times before and it made her feel more at home. The disturbing scene up in the loft began to recede from her mind as she thought of Rohan.

She put the grooming box up and made her way back into the inn. There were still beds to be made... but all thoughts of chores fled as the aroma of sausage and eggs welcomed her back inside. She heard a voice call "Who wants some breakfast?" Laurie headed eagerly towards an empty table, making a detour over to the fire where Pio sat next to Cami.

"Pio, I shoveled the snow on the path outside and cleaned the barn. I was rather suprised to find a man in the hay loft, so I woke him up; I hope I wasn't wrong to do so. He was a little started, but told me to tell you he wanted to be woken at ten for lunch."
Old 01-04-2003, 03:48 PM   #609
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

'Have some breakfast, Laurie! You've done good work for the day. Relax now, enjoy yourself. I'll see to the guest in the hayloft later.' Pio watched as the Breakfast Brigade met the needs of the hungry patrons, and then sat down to enjoy the fruits of their labors themselves.

'Nothing like hard work, good food, and a little camaraderie to brighten up the atmosphere in the Green Dragon, eh Cami?!' She held her mug of coffee aloft, saluting the room.

An O! of surprise escaped her, and Cami leaned forward, groaning herself as her ribs protested the sudden movement. 'What's wrong, Pio?' she asked, her brow furrowing with worry.

Pio smiled in delight, and held her friend's hand firmly to her lower belly. 'Wrong? Nothing at all.' Cami grinned back at her, as she felt the frenzy of activity, secretly glad nothing was kicking at her sides like that.

'It's the twins, Cami. And they are quite awake!'
Old 01-04-2003, 04:32 PM   #610
Merri
Wight

Merri has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Elanor sighed happily at the thought of a good breakfast. She put away all the cleaning materials and stood, glaring at Tom.

"It's a wonder how poor Miss Pio and Miss Cami put up with you," She said, for several times that morning, he had intentionally splashed water over her.

"Nobody asked them to," Tom replied gaily. "Come, Elanor, let's get some breakfast, and maybe you'll stop acting like a wronged hobbit then. Smell the food! How delicious!"

"You're a difficult hobbit to deal with, you know that Tom?"

"And you think you're any easier to deal with?"

The two hobbits might have allowed themselves to fall into a heated argument then, if it hadn't been for the fact that the smell of food was so strong.

"I don't want to argue until I've had some good, hearty breakfast," Elanor said firmly. "And then I'll argue all you want me to." Tom seemed about to retort indignantly, but then thought better of it.
Old 01-04-2003, 05:23 PM   #611
excheeto
Animated Skeleton

excheeto has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The mood of the inn and the smell of eggs and bacon had put Belle in a lighter mood. Biffo had left at the first call of breakfast, but Belle wasn't quite finished with her toast.

She had seen Biffo staring outside, then arguing with a big person the others called Barodir."Whats this about the Shirriffs?"she whispered to herself, "well,never mind if it's coming from him,excuse me."

She nudged Beruthiel,"where's Tol, something else, but it starts with a Tol?" She talked louder as she walked by, tending to the growing demand for eggs. "Is it near the Shire? Does it have elves?".

"Oh"Beruthiel said,"it's very far from the Shire-you might want to watch your toast".

Being turned,Belle had dropped it. "Ack," she said, fishing the toast out,"well,maybe some like it crispy...hot!...maybe lots of jam can fix-got it." She placed the piece on top of the tray of toast, which was looking ready to take out."I'll be back in a minute," she said,looking back at Beruthiel.

Belle walked out with the tray of toast."Nice,crunchy toast!Whose first?"
She walked towards Tom and Elanor who were the first to look over.

[ January 04, 2003: Message edited by: excheeto ]

[ January 04, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 01-04-2003, 05:53 PM   #612
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Cami glared over at her stubborn friend, and grinned, "Not even born yet, and, like you, they already have strong opinions on life. Why am I not surprised?"

"But I am concerned. When is the last time you consulted with a healer Don't tell me you are an Elf, and need not bother with such things. Those children bear the blood of three races. Only one part of them is Elven."

"You are greatly concerned with running about and taking care of everyone else in this Inn! I fear you are forgetting that your little ones need some care too. Perhaps, the common sense hobbit part of their brains is squeeling for mercy, begging their mother to sit down and take a rest."

With some difficulty, Cami pushed another chair over and gently guided her friend into it. She knew she could get away with that for only a short while, and that, within a space of minutes, the Elf would likely find some pretense to be up and about again. Still, it was good to see her resting by the fire.

Cami barked out orders, "You there, Nuru, could you save one of the breakfast plates for Miss Pio. And make sure it is a big one. She has a hearty appetite as she is eating for herself and two others as well."

A few stared in their direction with raised eyebrows and strange looks. The Lonely Star was docked far away in Gondor and its tales were not known to most of the visitors at the Inn.

As the two women shared a moment near the blazing hearthfire, Cami laughed and reached over to poke her friend. "Look at us. We have sailed the Seas to great adventure, even consorting with Elves and Maia from the West, yet here we sit in an Inn of the Shire scratching our heads to figure out how best to run it, and to keep everyone both happy and content. I would almost swear this is the most difficult task we've had. Ah, the strange ways of life!"
Old 01-04-2003, 08:32 PM   #613
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

SAVED for edited post

[ January 05, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-04-2003, 10:11 PM   #614
Carrūn
Wight

Carrūn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quiet footsteps echo outside as the weary traveler makes his way along the beaten path. A dark and weathered man, old in appearence but with bright eyes betraying his age gradually make his was towards the door. His eyes reflect wisdom, yet betray a great inner turmoil.

Dark have my travels been and hard has been the path I have chosen for myself. But no matter how difficult or dangerous I can never forgive myself, the pain, anger and loss I will forever feel throughout the rest of my days.

The hunt, the joy of the kill, and then the return. My village burned, my people dead or taken. The house dances like kindling before my eyes and then the image that I am forever seeing. My wife. The hand of my unborn child reaching out to me....I struggle to push the moment behind me, it is to painful to continue. Never again will I risk attaching myself to ones I love for I cannot bear for the same fate to befall them. The failed chieftain need a drink, I need to forget at least for a time the misery I am in.

Slowely I open the door and walk inside, drawing my cloak around me.

[ January 05, 2003: Message edited by: Carrūn ]

Old 01-04-2003, 10:21 PM   #615
theWhiteLady
Wight

Shield

Laurie walked quickly over to the hobbit bearing a tray laden with toast and took two slices. Eggs, bacon, and other delicious breakfast food was brought soon by a another helper from the kitchen, as well as a warm cup of tea made just the way she liked. Laurie sat down at a table set apart from the rest and watched the motley band of customers as she ate.

The door of the inn creaked upon once again, and a man entered. His shoulders were slumped as from carrying a heavy load but Laurie caught the glitter of bright eyes as he looked around. She felt pity for him, though she knew not why, and her eyes followed him movements with interest.

[ January 04, 2003: Message edited by: theWhiteLady ]
Old 01-04-2003, 10:38 PM   #616
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Sting

Rie broke into a huge smile when she heard Cami's comment about Pio "eating for herself and two others as well." Twins! How wonderful! Despite the moaning Rie's mother did with her friends about her "terrible twins," Rie and Talōmi had great fun together, and her fondest memories were of her adventures with her twin. She'd have to remember to congratulate Pio the next time she talked to her.

She was only half thinking about the toast she was making, nearly burning it before she snapped back to the present. A faint acrid smell drifted up from the pan before Rie stopped daydreaming. "Bā!" she shouted, hurriedly flipping the toast off of the pan and into a plate. "Bā! Ah, I'm so stupid! Where was my brain?" She checked the pan, and it wasn't burnt, so she was able to laugh it off.

She saw a newcomer enter the Inn, an old man with the haunted look in his eyes she had seen so many times. Her laughter died, and she shook her head. "So much pain," she said quietly, going back to concentrating on her toast.
Old 01-05-2003, 02:31 AM   #617
Maiden of the Sky
Pile O'Bones

Maiden of the Sky has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A little hobbit by the name of Belladona walked into the inn. There was a smell of toast coming out of the kitchen while other hobbits as well as elves, to Bella's surprise, were cooking, cleaning, doing all sorts. A tall man was walking in front of her, looked like he was new as well.

Bella looked around for a seat and found one next to a window. An elf was walking around pouring tea. She waved to the elf, asked for a cup with two spoons of sugar and milk, just how she liked it. 'Strange seeing so many elven folk here nevermind them working as well' she thought to her self, sipping the tea. Although Bella hadn't been to this particular inn before, she had been to others.

Feeling a bit hungry she decided to look around the kitchen and see if she could get some nice toast with maybe a fried egg. Walking into the kitchen she saw someone making some toast, looking a litle troubled. 'Hi there! My names Belladonna, mind if I ask where I could get some toast?.'

[ January 05, 2003: Message edited by: Maiden of the Sky ]
Old 01-05-2003, 02:58 AM   #618
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

SAVED for edited post

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-05-2003, 05:36 AM   #619
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Cami's side was feeling a wee bit better. She managed to find a tall stool near the entrance to the kitchen and perch herself on top. It was an excellent vantage point so she could keep an eye on the hobbits and Elves who were doing the cooking as well as those who were just coming into the Inn.

She also began looking at the supplies in the larder which, in some instances, were running dangerously low. There's been an unprecendented number of breakfast orders which had made a decided dent in some of their provisions.

She scribbled out a note to Laurie and had Rie drop it by her table. It read:

Dear Miss Laurie,

Take your time with breakfast, but when you finish, please ride your pony over to Farmer Maggott's burrow, and see if he has a few dozen eggs, a sack of flour, or a rasher of bacon he can spare. Our supplies are getting low, and I'd hoped to bake a cake for this evening.

Just take a few coins from the till to pay for it, or offer him some meals at the Inn, whichever he'd prefer.

Mistress Cami

She also glimpsed one new visitor, a hobbit woman, walking towards her and asking for breakfast who introduced herself as Belladonna. Cami looked up curiously at her and asked, "With a name like that, you wouldn't happen to be a Took, would you now?"

[ January 05, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 01-05-2003, 10:48 AM   #620
Barodir
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Barodir was still in need of a fast way to get to Minas Tirith, when Pio said to him:

"Take the Great East Road to Bree and turn south on The Greenway. Ride hard and you will reach the Gap of Rohan in a fortnight. From there the Great West Road will take you down the Eastern flank of the Ered Nimrais and into Anorien from The Mark. Stay on the road and it will bring you directly to Minas Anor, or Minas Tirith as you Men call it now."

Barodir cursed himself for not remembering this way. "Thank you. I shall leave by mid day."

He then sat down as an old man walked in and sat near him. As he was waiting for breakfast, a halfling entered as well.

"This must be the only inn in all the area. It seems like the entire populous is coming." he said to himself. Finally, breakfast was prepared and he went to go get some well deserved food after a rough night.
Old 01-05-2003, 11:32 AM   #621
Carrūn
Wight

Sting

The weathered man took in the proceedings as he entered the Inn, noticing with some amusement the many stares in his direction albit they tried to hide them.

Old indeed I must seem to them. I wish I was old, for then peace would be closer.

The man worked his way over to a bench near the fire and sat down next to another. The fire glinted off of his green eyes beneath his dark hair and for a brief moment revealed a jagged scar along the side of his face.

It is a constant reminder to me of my failure.

So many races all together here. A welcome change from my travels.

Food can wait. I need a pipe and then sleep.

Old 01-05-2003, 01:09 PM   #622
theWhiteLady
Wight

Shield

A little hobbit lass dropped a note by Laurie's table just as she was finished off a batch of eggs. She skimmed it quickly, then rose, draining the last of her tea. She walked by where the man with the bright eyes was standing and gave him what she hoped was a welcoming smile.

Out the door and into the barn Laurie strode. She grabbed her saddle and bridle she had laid aside the night before. Nell swung her head over the stall door and watched Laurie approach with trepidation. Laurie could read her horse's thoughts perfectly. "Ah no, not again, just when we find somewhere comfortable to stay, she wants to leave again." Laurie laughed and kissed Nell on her soft, brown nose. "We're just running a quick errand, it won't take long." Nell nudged her fondly on the shoulder, and Laurie entered the stall. She threw on the saddle and pulled the bridle on, pulling Nell's short forelock over the headband. She mounted, adjusting her white dress around her before nudging her faithful horse into a fast trot down the snowy road.
Old 01-05-2003, 01:31 PM   #623
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Sting

Rie came back to the kitchen after dropping Cami's note off to Laurie and went back to her toast, paying close attention to it. She didn't want to make the same mistake twice.

Quote:
'Hi there! My names Belladonna, mind if I ask where I could get some toast?.'
Rie startled a little bit; she had been concentrating totally on her toast this time, not being a girl very adept at doing more than one thing at once. "Oh, of course!" she said, and, just to show off, she flipped two slices of toast onto a plate held in her left hand. Her trick went a little awry and she almost dropped the plate, but with a comical face and a little twisting motion of her arm she managed to save it. She smiled brightly at Belladonna and handed her the plate. "No problem."
Old 01-05-2003, 02:29 PM   #624
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

'Ah!' she thought, watching the hustle and bustle of the Inn. 'This is nice - sitting here, my feet up, a nice cup of tea, and watching the Inn run so smoothly.' Pio poured a little more tea from the pot into her mug, smiling appreciatively as the warm vapors assailed her nose.

Cami, seemed to be feeling better today, and she was making lists and writing notes - a thoroughly efficient Hobbit! Laurie had been sent off to see Farmer Maggot - a thoroughly enjoyable fellow, in Pio's opinion. Always had interesting bits of new to share.

It was almost time to wake up the guest in the hayloft. Pio got up, reluctantly, from her chair and headed toward the door, intending to go to the stable. On her way she passed the Man from Gondor. 'I'll have one of the stable hands see that your mount is groomed, bridled, and saddled for you. Mid-day, you said?.' He shook his head 'yes'. 'If I don't see you before that then - have a safe and, dare I wish it, peaceful trip!'
Old 01-05-2003, 03:13 PM   #625
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Nuru raced back to the kitchen and began cracking more eggs. She'd never seen so many hungry hobbits -as well as elves, dwarves, and men, but hobbits were the majority of the hungry- in her life! She found Rie with a plate of golden toast and cooking some more.

"If you don't mind," Nuru said, grabbing a piece of toast. "I haven't had any breakfast. Want some egg and sausage?"

"Yes, please," replied Rie. "Though I doubt if we'll find time to eat it."

"Oh, if you're like me, you'll be able to eat while cooking. It just takes skill." With a wink, Nuru put two plates of eggs and sausage down in front of Rie. "I'll cook ours. Meanwhile bring that to Pio, if you wouldn't mind too much."

"Of course not!" Rie smiled, taking the plates. "But what about the toast?"

"I'll take care of the toast while you're gone," said Nuru, "and when you come back I'll have some breakfast for ourselves ready. And while you're giving those to Pio," Nuru added as Rie left the kitchen, "make sure to tell her to rest for awhile. We can handle the kitchen!"
Old 01-05-2003, 03:55 PM   #626
excheeto
Animated Skeleton

excheeto has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Belle overheard Cami and the new visitor.Her tray being empty,she walked over and took a seat beside them.'I'll see about the Tol buisness later'she thought.She was known for loving good conversations,especially small talk and gossip.

"Hello"she said to the visitor,"my names Belladonna too,but everyone calls me Belle,my mother named me after one of her neices,you wouldn't know about her would you?I've never met anyone with my name before".She lowered her voice to mention how her mother named her.She had always heard strange stories about the Tooks,and didn't often tell people she was closely related to them(in more ways than three in fact).

Her friends sometimes teased her about acting 'Tookish',but that side of the family rarely came to this side of the Shire,so she hadn't met enough to really understand what 'Tookish' meant.

"I'm not a Took" the other Belladonna said,"I'm a Headstrong"
"just as well"Belle smiled,"I'm a Proudfoot"

[ January 05, 2003: Message edited by: excheeto ]

[ January 05, 2003: Message edited by: excheeto ]
Old 01-05-2003, 04:01 PM   #627
Yavanna Kementari
Haunting Spirit

Yavanna Kementari has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Belladona Headstrong walked through the door. She was wearing a beautiful pink and white dress that buttoned in a cuff around her neck. She smelled like a fresh bouquet of sunflowers and roses. Her waist lenghth,blonde curly hair was up in a bun, except for a few curly tendrils that always seemed to escape. And she carried a matching parasole that hung by the handle around her wrist, and a hand bag that matched as well hung around her arm.

Belladona had not been to the Green Dragon before, so she decided to stop in.
Old 01-05-2003, 05:08 PM   #628
Pipperin
Animated Skeleton

Pipperin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The door opened and a hobbit lass strode into the inn, a broad smile covering her face. She walked across the room and sat down at the bar infront of the lady that was there.

"Do you make breakfast here?" she asked. "I've come from tookborough to visit some friends of mine down here so im not too familiar with any of the inns and such. It has been a long night, with only a bit of sleep and food, im parched."

[ January 05, 2003: Message edited by: Pipperin ]
Old 01-05-2003, 05:15 PM   #629
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Nuru saw the hobbit lass step into the inn and ask for breakfast. Snatching up a plate and filling it with eggs, sausage, and toast, the Elf hurried out and approached the lass standing at the counter.

"Here's some breakfast, maid," she said, smiling. "You look hungry. If you'd like something to drink as well just call me." Bringing her voice down so Pio wouldn't hear her, she added, "We're giving Miss Pio over there a rest. She's been running about for ever so long, and she's exhausted. Find a seat and enjoy the inn."

That being said, Nuru raced back to the kitchen to save the toast from being burnt, winking at Rie and Pio as she passed.
Old 01-05-2003, 05:38 PM   #630
Barodir
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Barodir was sitting at a table (tending to his wounds, for his arm was agitating him once more) near the old man who had just entered. He looked to be a man who had seen much in his prime, for he had a scar on his face that only a warrior could have gotten.

He carefully asked "Good sir, are you of Gondor?" The man seemed to not hear him. "Are you of Gondor, old man?" The man still didn't stir. "Old senile fool," Barodir mumbled. He then left the man alone.

Barodir then saw Pio leaving the inn. She turned towards him and said:

Quote:
"I'll have one of the stable hands see that your mount is groomed, bridled, and saddled for you. Mid-day, you said?.
Barodir nodded his head and she said:

Quote:
"If I don't see you before that then - have a safe and, dare I wish it, peaceful trip!"
. She then left.

It was then that Barodir went up to where food was being served. "Do you have any toast. Five slices is all I need..."

[ January 05, 2003: Message edited by: Barodir ]
Old 01-05-2003, 06:02 PM   #631
Carrūn
Wight

Sting

Quote:
Good Sir are you of Gonder?
The "old" man stirred slightly but did not respond.

Am I from Gondor? Where am I from? Born to a nomad I have never lived in a single spot for more than a year. Yet the ring my father used to wear on his right hand was said to have come from that country.

Quote:
Are you of Gondor, old man?
How would an old man respond? I wish I knew.

The bright-eyed man sat in silence as the man next to him arose mumbling and left.

I suppose that could be considered rude. he laughed softly to himself as if enjoying some inside joke.

I cannot stay here long. A few days maybe and then I must be off looking for work. Though perhaps non are looking for swords and bows these days.

The "old" man sat in silence watching the embers of the fire. He seldom ate more than once a day but the smells from the kitchen were beginning to arouse his stomach.

Old 01-05-2003, 06:14 PM   #632
Merri
Wight

Merri has just left Hobbiton.
"Do you have any toast. Five slices is all I need..."

"Five!" Elanor gasped out loud before she could restrain herself, then she remembered that she was a hobbit, and therefore was in no way qualified to comment on how much another man ate. "I'm quite sorry, good sir- I didn't mean to- show such cheek- it's just that, I suppose I haven't been in the company of other hobbits often enough . . . you see, books don't eat much and-" she fell silent, blushing. She was talking nonsense, and she knew that.

It's just like mother says, she chided herself. All diseases come from the mouth, and you're going to get a mighty big one if you don't stop talking.
Old 01-05-2003, 07:07 PM   #633
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Sting

Rie picked up both plates and, after taking a moment to balance one on each hand, walked out of the kitchen. The promise of breakfast upon her return was sounding pretty good. Her stomach had just now taken to reminding her that she hadn't eaten yet.

Rie caught Pio as she was heading out the door. "Nurumaiel says to tell you to relax, that we've got the kitchen under control," the redhead reported with a smile, "and to rest. And from me, congratulations...twins are quite wonderful, in my humble opinion." Rie laughed. "Now, where are you going? Nuru was just telling me to bring you breakfast, and you're leaving. Would you like me to go for you, wherever it is you're headed? You really ought to be resting and eating. You'll have little enough time for yourself once the twins are born!"

[ January 05, 2003: Message edited by: Orual ]
Old 01-05-2003, 07:25 PM   #634
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dūm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Beruthiel had been pouring tea for a good many people and was becoming a little tired of it. 'Wonder if I could have a break at see if I can find my poor horse.' She had totally forgotten about him and was feeling reather guilty about not going to see him.

'Pio, would you mind if I take a break and see how my horse is doing? I won't be long.' she asked Pio.
'Oh yes ofcourse Beruthiel, the stables are outside round the back.'
'Thanks, oh and by the way, you can just call me Ruth.'

She walked outside and towards the stables. Inside were many horses, walking along she finally found her beautiful grey stallion names Lidiac, or just Lid as she liked to call him. 'Well Lid, sorry I haven't been out to see you' she said staring into Lid's black eyes. 'We've been a long way together haven't we? At least you've had some rest and food. I can't stay long, I promised to help out in the inn, pouring tea you know!' she said laughing to herself, thinking about what her old friends would have said if they knew what she was doing. 'Its good to know that you are alright, I'll come out to see you again soon.' She then left the stables and headed back to the inn.

[ January 05, 2003: Message edited by: Beruthiel ]
Old 01-05-2003, 09:12 PM   #635
Yavanna Kementari
Haunting Spirit

Yavanna Kementari has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Thank you,ma'am."

Belladona walked to a table and sat herself down. She mostly ignored everything that was going on for the moment. Breakfast was her favorite meal, next to second breakfast.

"Delicious," she said smiling to herself to herself," simply marvelous." She sat for a moment blessing those that had made her meal for her,and takingin the scent of freshly cooked eggs and sausage and toast.
The heavy scent of sausage grease filled the air and the hint of a few burned pieces of toast made her Hungry enough to eat as fast as a young Hobbit lad.
"Oh This is so good!!" she said to herself again. She finished eating the last piece of sausage on her plate and dabbed each corner of her mouth a few times and piled the silverware and napkin onto her plate.

After she did this she stood up and walked up to the bar to return her plate.

A young Hobbit lass took her plate.

" You didn't have to bring the plate up I would have come and got it." Nuru said.

" Please call me Dona," the young lass smiled at Nuru. "It looks like you could use a hand," Dona said looking around the Inn.
"Please let me help."
Old 01-05-2003, 11:35 PM   #636
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Umbria the elf grew cold and once again raised the hood of her cloak. And then she thought to herself:
What is taking Niquinion so long? has he met peril along his way?.. no, impossible, there are to many rangers to let evil happenings occur.. i can only wait..

For a while she stared after the strange man who like herself, kept alone by the fire. After a while she spoke to him, "You are so troubled, my heart is made sad by your sight, what happened to make you so?"

[ January 06, 2003: Message edited by: Everdawn ]

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-06-2003, 03:42 AM   #637
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Notice of New Game Opening

Nurumaiel invites you to come to the discussion thread for the opening of her RPG - The Hobbit's Gift!

Read the description of the game, work up a character, and post it on the discussion thread.

Remember: All posts in the Shire must follow The Red Book of Westmarch Rulebook - so please read it if you intend to play in this game.
Old 01-06-2003, 06:25 AM   #638
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

After he had finished his toast, Biffo the Hobbit sighed contentedly, and mentally notched up two more wonderful breakfasts enjoyed in the comfort of The Shire. His was truly a blessed life. He could see through the somewhat grimy windows of the Common Room that the leaden sky of the morning had opened up a little, and a clear and crisp winter's day was on the way.

Bidding farewell to his cousin Belle, and to the Elf-maid Beruthiel, Biffo stood up and ambled his way towards the door.

"Thank you kindly!" he called over towards the innkeeper and those of her staff not too busy to notice. He smiled at any of the patrons who looked his way, and even nodded a curt farewell to the Warrior of Minas Tirith. Biffo planned to walk about Bywater a bit, maybe even up towards Hobbiton or The Hill. It was a nice part of The Shire, here. Unsure if he would return that evening, or whether some other idea would present itself, the Hobbit plucked his pipe from his breeches as he opened the door and strolled out into the sunlight.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:35 AM   #639
Carrūn
Wight

Sting

Quote:
You are so troubled, my heart is made sad by your sight, what happened to make you so?"
Do I look so troubled? I suppose my appearance does betray me; I have been thinking about the past to much as of late. Or perhaps this elf has some gift of perception beyond mortal men. If it is so then I must be more careful with my thoughts.

The bright-eyed man seemed at first not to hear Umbria's question. Then slowly, almost as if the words were being forced out of his mouth he said:

"Much..."

The green of his eyes flashed momentarily and he lowered his head as if fighting off some internal struggle. For a time he sat smoking in silence as Umbria waited. When he raised his head again a tinge of red was showing in his eyes, but it was more of anger than sorrow.

"You could say I lost all that matters most to a man."

He looked intently into her eyes hoping to communicate silently that which he had swore never to discuss aloud with another person.

[ January 06, 2003: Message edited by: Carrūn ]
Old 01-06-2003, 09:56 AM   #640
theWhiteLady
Wight

Shield

Birds sang merrily in the trees that hung their bare boughs over the road. Though it was winter, Laurie could imagine how beautiful this countryside would be in the summer. And the people seem nearly as pleasant as their land Laurie mused. Just awhile back, she had stopped a young hobbit lass to ask directions to Farmer Maggot's farm. (She was certain of the direction in which it lay, but did not know the exact location.) The hobbit child had been more than helpful, giving clear instructions through many ill-concealed giggles. Laurie smiled to remember her, it was obvious she had never seen any of the Big Folk before.

A big, wooden gate opened out from the stone hedge that had been following the road and Laurie turned Nell into the lane beyond. They had traveled but a few steps when a tremendous baying sounded out and two very ferocious dogs loped into view, moving straight towards them. Nell danced nervously on the spot, and Laurie, looking around for help, saw a rather thick-set hobbit striding towards them bearing a pitchfork.

"Ay, and who might you be?" He inquired, watching Laurie struggle to control Nell.