The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-29-2009, 02:57 PM   #1241
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Yes...the number of ducks and that the number has been changing...and that Kath was the alpha-duck who was able to create new ducks. All of it.

It just bothers me that you'd believe I am lying about my role but still believe all the information I've given you. Seems a bit silly.

Have to go now. Sorry, loves. But don't worry, I'll be back. Haven't given up on you yet.

*more hugs to Mith*
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:58 PM   #1242
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Most of yesterday I wanted to try and get Nogrod lynched* for the sheer therepeutic value....

* more accurately hack to death with blunt nail scissors...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:00 PM   #1243
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Most of yesterday I wanted to try and get Nogrod lynched* for the sheer therepeutic value....

* more accurately hack to death with blunt nail scissors...
I know you love me.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:04 PM   #1244
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
What can you offer in the chocolate line?
What would you like?
Old 03-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #1245
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I know you love me.
Now that really is deluded.

Old 03-29-2009, 03:10 PM   #1246
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Yes...the number of ducks and that the number has been changing...and that Kath was the alpha-duck who was able to create new ducks. All of it.
The number of ducks you couldn't claim are less as otherwise the game would be over. You might have said the number of ducks is greater than it is but it wouldn't matter as we need to get at least one and hopefully toDay. And you would be smart to tell us the correct number as to avoid any possible mistakes.

The fact that the numbers had been changing was nothing new. So one can't say we took your word for it - I think we had inferred that already.

Was the information that Kath was the alpha-duck given by you? I need to check that. But anyway, speaking the truth is oftentimes the best thing a duck can do, so I don't see that as a duck you would have compromised anything by giving us that information: on the contrary it would have given you the opportunity to say just what you are saying right here. Did we not "know" Kath was the alpha-duck wouldn't have made a difference.

And in the end we don't know that is the case indeed, but that doesn't matter. We need to lynch and kill the ducks as long as there are those left.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:12 PM   #1247
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Now that really is deluded.
Everyone of us has their own delusions...

I hope you forgive mine.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:13 PM   #1248
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
So we haven't had a discussion about the assassin yet. Anyone else a little bit weirded out by this? I mean, sure we can just accept that the assassin is taking out Ducks/wolves at Night. But is this "an assassin" or is this a werebear taking out the ever multiplying Ducks for their own good? And then innocents(or what's left of us) will start to die?

I am utterly confused by some things at the moment but that thought just struck me.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:16 PM   #1249
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
So we haven't had a discussion about the assassin yet. Anyone else a little bit weirded out by this?
The ducks would be... annoyed even.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #1250
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
I can see it now... or think I can. So it was about that I wasn't ready to buy Izzie's role from the face-value of it. And looking at it now afterwards the two others who kept questioning it were Nerwen (known duck) and Dury (possibly a duck known to you)...

Sorry. But I hope you bear with me as it's not easy to be right in this game with no added knowledge to the point, and the sheer number of roles around.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:39 PM   #1251
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oh far more reasons than that....

But I may have to change my vote ...awaiting destructions from on high....

Old 03-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #1252
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Listening to the voices...

- - Durelin

++ Mayhem

Old 03-29-2009, 04:12 PM   #1253
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
So we haven't had a discussion about the assassin yet. Anyone else a little bit weirded out by this? I mean, sure we can just accept that the assassin is taking out Ducks/wolves at Night. But is this "an assassin" or is this a werebear taking out the ever multiplying Ducks for their own good? And then innocents(or what's left of us) will start to die?

I am utterly confused by some things at the moment but that thought just struck me.
What evidence is there for multiplying ducks? That would require a drake not an alpha duck .

Old 03-29-2009, 04:12 PM   #1254
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Okay. I give up.

This is futile.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:15 PM   #1255
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I think the assassin has been altruistic. Must be significant that we have never lost an extra innocent at night...

Old 03-29-2009, 04:26 PM   #1256
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Fair Warning...

ATTN: Nogrod.

You are not allowed to post on the thread after three hours before deadline. This is 7:00 CST which I believe translates to 3:00 a.m. your time?

Doing so will get you modfired.

This is not a joke, and anyone who tries to get you to post afterwards does not have your best interests at heart.

Sally is currently slumbering. Should she wake in the meantime and rescind this order, it is rescinded; otherwise it stands.

I repeat: this is not a joke; this is serious.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:28 PM   #1257
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
looking at it now afterwards the two others who kept questioning it were Nerwen (known duck) and Dury (possibly a duck known to you)...
Therefore you must be a duck, too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
But I hope you bear with me as it's not easy to be right in this game with no added knowledge to the point, and the sheer number of roles around.
Whether or not you believe me, I don't care, the following comments have nothing to do with that - but stop letting Mith make you feel bad. Obviously there have been a couple roles in this game that have enabled people to just kinda "know" or act like they know precisely what's going on. Playing their own game. Ignore them. If they really do have some way of helping behind the scenes, they'll just keep doing that.

Kinda late to remark on that. Ah well.

Aw, come on Mith. You're instructed to change your vote and that's the best you can come up with? You're better than that...

Edit: Crossed with the co-moddess. Trust me, I'll tell him to go to bed and won't try to keep him around. I love sleep. It's why I hate college.

Last edited by Durelin; 03-29-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:30 PM   #1258
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Nilp ++ Everyone
Nilp ++ Nilp
Fea ++ Dury
Mith ++ Dury
Nogrod ++ Dury
Mith -- Dury
Mith ++ Mayhem

Kind of like I predicted earlier on the Day...

The ducks to vote still. Luckily it is the first person to reach the highest number of votes that counts.

EDIT: x'd with Mnemo & Dury.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:35 PM   #1259
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

A bon chat, bon rat

Aww I am just trying to be sporting... which is hard when you have to fish with a depth charge...

Old 03-29-2009, 04:35 PM   #1260
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Durelin must die, mayhem be damned.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:36 PM   #1261
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

And mayhem is my drug of choicel..... that and chocolate of course... but such a tired Mith... bout to turn into pumpkin...

Old 03-29-2009, 04:37 PM   #1262
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Durelin must die, mayhem be damned.
I really don't know why you're always so interested in killing me...thinking the third time's the charm or something?
Old 03-29-2009, 04:39 PM   #1263
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

It is inevitable ... I think.... but she has played so magnificently I thoil to deliver the coup de grace.... but now Mnemo is being fierce with Nogrod I couldback off

Old 03-29-2009, 04:41 PM   #1264
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
ATTN: Nogrod.
You are not allowed to post on the thread after three hours before deadline. This is 7:00 CST which I believe translates to 3:00 a.m. your time?
Doing so will get you modfired.
This is not a joke
Okay. The tough line continues then...

As you wish your duckess. I probably have deserved this even if I don't have a clue as to why.

But I'll get a more decent night's sleep without needing to feel quilty of not being around to do what I can. And granted there's no drastic change in some fundamental things I find it unlikely I will miss anything dramatic.

Hopefully...
Old 03-29-2009, 04:45 PM   #1265
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Modduck
First to reach vote tally dies in the event of a tie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Modgoddess
Retractions. Two per player, which extends for the length of the entire game. If a player has used their two retractions and attempts a third they will be modfired.
So unless I or Fea retracts the result holds, right?
Old 03-29-2009, 04:46 PM   #1266
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
And granted there's no drastic change in some fundamental things I find it unlikely I will miss anything dramatic.
That's a rather pessimistic view. Or optimistic depending on how you look at it. And you do have a little over an hour left.

But I rather agree with you. This game seems to have been decided already. I think it was all a matter of how high up on the puppet-strings you were...and I'm darned near the bottom it seems.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:49 PM   #1267
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
So unless I or Fea retracts the result holds, right?
Yup. So go to bed.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:51 PM   #1268
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
I think it was all a matter of how high up on the puppet-strings you were...and I'm darned near the bottom it seems.
Just look at the way I'm treated...
Old 03-29-2009, 04:52 PM   #1269
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Oh goodness, that was a general "you" (edit: you = all the players in this game). And blame Sally, not me.

Now congratulate the wolves/yourself and go to bed!
Old 03-29-2009, 04:53 PM   #1270
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

There might be modfire and destruction.

But I think maybe not....

Goodnight.

Old 03-29-2009, 04:54 PM   #1271
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
go to bed!
Et tu, Brute?
Old 03-29-2009, 04:55 PM   #1272
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Post scriptum.....

As for being high up the puppet strings ... wellI always remember the comparison of an organisation being like a load of monkeys in a tree.

The monkeys at the top look down at a lot of happy faces.

The monkeys lower down look up and see a bunch of.... well ..you get the idea...

Old 03-29-2009, 05:03 PM   #1273
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Now congratulate the wolves/yourself
I'm not keen to congratulate the ducks as they are my enemies in this game and I wouldn't like to see them win. I'd like to congratulate myself to be sure, but I'm still a bit worried and will not do it before I see the result from toDay.

The thing that makes me a bit more confident with things going the way it looks like they're going though, is that the other scenario would be much more fantastic - which doesn't mean it's impossible. The interpretation I'm going along with right now is reasonable and looks like it holds water (and it's a question of more than just your role Dury).
Old 03-29-2009, 05:06 PM   #1274
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Et tu, Brute?
non. tempus cenae est...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
The thing that makes me a bit more confident with things going the way it looks like they're going though, is that the other scenario would be much more fantastic
Me not being a wolf is too fantastical to believe? Oh dear...

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
(and it's a question of more than just your role Dury)
Ah. I'd ask you to share but nah, go to bed...
Old 03-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #1275
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Ah. I'd ask you to share but nah, go to bed...
I will.

I will surely not point your mate all the directions she should look for the coming Night I think I have a clue of (And if you weren't a duck it would be even more important not to share everything).

You do understand, whatever your role is.

Good night - and good Night!
Old 03-29-2009, 05:58 PM   #1276
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

++Nilp

Chances are he's at least a cobbler. So better him than me. Not that that seems likely.

Guess I'm just clueless.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:17 PM   #1277
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Awwww....

Noggie, come back and play.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:24 PM   #1278
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Incidentally

And the moddess commanded the Nilp, "You are free to vote for any player in the game, but you must not vote for yourself, for when you do so you will surely die."
--or--
"Hello, my name is Sally the Moddess. You voted yourself. Prepare to die."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nilp scurried out into the middle of the village, laughing at the Downers' conversation. “All this insipid chattering and nothing's getting done,” he muttered to himself. “Typical. Just typical. Maybe I should just advocate killing all of them, put an end to his madness.”

Finally he shouted over the crowd, “ENOUGH!”

Everyone turned to look at him. For an instant they expected some awe-inspiring speech (but Noggie had gone to bed) or pining over Phantom (but Mith had retired for the Night as well) then realized it was Nilp and went back to their discussion.

“Fine,” he shouted. “I'm too good to talk to you all anyway! I may not have any vote power -screw you, Sally, and your little duck too- but I can't die! That's right, losers! You can't kill me anyway, so go ahead and try! I'll even help you!”

He stopped momentarily to place his name on the board marked 'Who to kill toDay?' The others didn't really seem to notice, so he resumed his rant.

“You fools! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never cross your vote posts with the moddess, but only slightly less well known is this: Never kill an innocent Nilp when the game is on the line!”

And with that he burst into manic laughter.

“Aha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Aha ha ha ha ha ha ha! A ha ha ha-”

Suddenly lightning came from the clear blue sky and incinerated Nilp.

“Do you smell something?” asked Fea.

Durie sniffed the air and shrugged. “Somebody's cooking.”

“Sunday roast,” Lari said with a nod. “Definitely.”

Noggie and Mith were snoring from across the street. Their nosed perked up too, but no one could quite place the smell.

“Flesh plus heat,” Sally declared from the death pile, a smile crossing her face. “Barbecue.”

The Living
Durelin
Feanor of the Peredhil
Lariren Shadow
Mithalwen
Nogrod

The Dead
Everyone else

Day continues. Enjoy!

P.S. Sorry, forgot to specify. Nilp was an ordo.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 03-29-2009 at 07:32 PM.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:29 PM   #1279
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Delightful.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:44 PM   #1280
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Wow. Nilp's behavior actually makes sense now.

Well, the game's definitely over now, unless we have two assassins or something else magicky lying around.