Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-24-2006, 11:50 AM   #441
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
No problem. I'm having a hard enough time finding the time to put to this as it is. I'll wait until late afternoon Tuesday 1/24; tell me if you need more time than that.
Thanks. Eomer and I are simply finishing up a few details that require this setting and then we'll be ready to move on. It'll all make sense (I hope) at the end. Or actually, maybe sooner.

EDIT: I've just found out that a bit of fun I'm having (a friend and I are painting a mural in the kid's wing at a local hospital) starts this afternoon, so I'm not sure what time I'll be back. Can we delay the change until tomorrow?

And yes, I'm aware that I'm being a pain.

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 01-24-2006 at 12:41 PM.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:54 PM   #442
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
LMP, will those of us who failed to properly complete Challenge 3 have to do so during this time as well?
Old 01-24-2006, 03:52 PM   #443
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Hmm. I had a bunch of people hanging outside street corners after dark, which slightly contradicted what TGWBS said. Not a major problem, is it?

We all know that such behaviour belongs in Mordor.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:01 PM   #444
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
'Mer, my turn?
Old 01-24-2006, 04:56 PM   #445
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Mario sighting, check. Illamatar encounter, check.

Let's carry on, shall we?

PS: Is anybody starting to go "oh!"? By the way, Kath, thanks much for that J.Lo. opening. It worked so perfectly...
Old 01-24-2006, 05:22 PM   #446
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encaitare
LMP, will those of us who failed to properly complete Challenge 3 have to do so during this time as well?
Yup, you'll have to fit it in somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
I've just found out that a bit of fun I'm having (a friend and I are painting a mural in the kid's wing at a local hospital) starts this afternoon, so I'm not sure what time I'll be back. Can we delay the change until tomorrow?

And yes, I'm aware that I'm being a pain.
Yes, you are. We can delay the change. I'm still waiting on a hoped for reply from somebody anyway....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy
Worry not. Already the Diminuitive One has given thought to such ideas. The Last Battle is coming, don't you know?
Oh no! Now you're spooking me, Guy. Just what the Dickens are you working up anyway? And are you going to have Fléin wind up in a dark and dismal stable in which flowers are believed to be horse dung?
Old 01-24-2006, 05:27 PM   #447
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I no longer need the delay. I wasn't certain what time I'd get back (turned out earlier than expected) or what time 'Mer would be posting his Sighting (turned out early), but it's all taken care of.

The rest won't happen until the next Task.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:36 PM   #448
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
I no longer need the delay. I wasn't certain what time I'd get back (turned out earlier than expected) or what time 'Mer would be posting his Sighting (turned out early), but it's all taken care of.

The rest won't happen until the next Task.
Then we'll move ahead, without the reply I was hoping for. I've got a contingency plan in that regard. Onward!
Old 01-25-2006, 10:07 AM   #449
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Okay, everybody pile off to meet Dr. Hookbill. Have conversations. Question his professional expertise. Watch him cry. Feel yourselves doomed. Get your appointment. Hookbill is in charge of the physicals and surgeries; let him post what surgery you will undergo. Then move on to Shelob's Lair where you'll meet Sigmund. You get to write all of that one. Then down to the registrar's office, where you get your course assigned. Describe as you like. I have your course list. You'll find out as soon as I have my home computer in front of me. It is subject to change for reasons I'm not willing to share.....

Have at it!
Old 01-25-2006, 10:58 AM   #450
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Oh no! Now you're spooking me, Guy. Just what the Dickens are you working up anyway? And are you going to have Fléin wind up in a dark and dismal stable in which flowers are believed to be horse dung?
Check your PMs, LMP. Well, actually, don't check them just at the moment. Check them later, after I've sent you the PM I'm referring to here.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:40 AM   #451
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up Doctor... Who?

Well, the rather incompetent doctor Hookbill will be attending to ailments. Real and imaginary. Don't be surprised if you end up with less (or more) limbs than you began with.
If there is any aliment you want me to diagnose you (or someone else) with, PM me, I'll then apply it to the posts... If I think it's funny enough.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:32 PM   #452
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

I would post but I'm not exactly sure what's happening. Is Hookbill seeing us one by one or all together? Is he planning appointments, or treating us now?
Old 01-25-2006, 01:37 PM   #453
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

I'll see three people, and then I'll do three simultaneous operations in one post... with hilarious consequences. This just makes it a little easier for me. Sorry, I have exams at the moment. But I'll try my best.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:40 PM   #454
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Thanks for taking this on, Hookbill. Whatever you need me to help with, just let me know, either here or by PM, depending on what you feel is appropriate.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:49 PM   #455
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Rotflshmgh

...so hard my gut hurts. Excuse me while I wipe the tears from my eyes. I haven't laughed that hard in Ages.

Hookbill, if there is a second incarnation of ATM (ahem), you really ought to be one of the player/writers. That was absolutely amazing, and it was only the first patient!

By the way, your nurse is a Mary Sue, who has acted quite within character so far. Now she just needs to try to save the day....
Old 01-25-2006, 03:09 PM   #456
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

May I reserve the last visit for Alli?
Old 01-25-2006, 03:23 PM   #457
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Hookbill finishes his latest diagnosis by trying to escape through the window. The next patient needs to come in and point out that there is a five hundred foot drop to the floor.

I'll try and incorporate this Mary Sue into the operating theatre; I have some ideas tossing around in my brain that I'll try out. Don't be surprised if Hookbill has to take the 'textbook' into the operations.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:25 AM   #458
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up Doctor... What?

Right. Operations are done... some how.

The next patients may visit the good (or not so good) Doctor.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:14 AM   #459
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Once we've been attacked - oh sorry operated on - by Doctor Hookbill may we go on to the psychological part lmp?
Old 01-27-2006, 01:07 PM   #460
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm so sorry... Family issues, school issues, and now back problems have made my life rather impossible now. One after another, my plans for posting were ruined. I'm afraid my biggest problem at the moment is that I seem to have somehow sprained my back. I know it sounds absurd, but I did manage it, somehow...

I'm so sorry it seems like I have abandoned this game, but really I've been thinking about it pretty constantly. It's been rather plaguing me that I have not been able to post. Hopefully everything will be better very soon. Hopefully even by tomorrow. I've never been a very optimistic person, though, and never have found any reason to be.

My apologies to everyone, particularly to Celuien for Valde's ignoring Panakeia, and lmp, because his game deserves much much more activity from me.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:09 PM   #461
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

No worries, Durelin. Things happen. Feel better!
Old 01-27-2006, 03:09 PM   #462
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Feel better soon, Durelin!
Old 01-27-2006, 04:02 PM   #463
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Don't worry about it, Durelin. Feel better, my dear!
Old 01-27-2006, 05:17 PM   #464
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Once we've been attacked - oh sorry operated on - by Doctor Hookbill may we go on to the psychological part lmp?
Most certainly. Nothing is holding you up save perhaps post-surgery aches and pains, which I had better see developed in future posts, or Anakron will lower your scores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
I seem to have somehow sprained my back.
Outch! Sorry to hear it! Get well! And by the ministrations of others than Dr. Hookbill!

By the by, Hookbill, maybe this back idea can be worked into Valde's physical, seeming rather appropriate somehow to his persona ... what say you? (unless you've already come up with a better idea)
Old 01-28-2006, 01:41 AM   #465
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
By the by, Hookbill, maybe this back idea can be worked into Valde's physical, seeming rather appropriate somehow to his persona ... what say you? (unless you've already come up with a better idea)
I'll see what I can come up with.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:49 PM   #466
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Fanfiction crossovers have been sent to Mordor, incase you are wondering.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:45 AM   #467
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Okay, you guys are certifiable.

But tell me, what's going to happen next? Any ideas? Are we going to bring in Carl Jung to read Freud's entrails, and continue the psycho(!)analysis in his place?

And one more thing: It's 1/30 today. We were supposed to be done by now, but from what I've heard before, we can let this run until Feb. 7. That's the end date. Any questions? Remonstrations? etc? Speak quick as you can.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:55 AM   #468
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
That's fine with me!
Old 01-30-2006, 11:17 AM   #469
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Just wondering how many more people need to have physicals and surgery?
Old 01-30-2006, 11:21 AM   #470
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

No reason why Mr Freud cannot be inflated again, is there?

A Slan was going to cameo in that post, but I had to cut it short due to time constraints.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:40 AM   #471
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Do we have to end? *looks puppy eyed and pleading*

This is the most fun I've ever had writing, and that's saying something.

Eh, I suppose that end we must. At least I've things to look forward to.

Ah, and TGWBS, I tried to rep that last post but the rep system is driving me absolutely insane. I feel like assigning it...
Old 01-30-2006, 04:17 PM   #472
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hopefully I'll have a post up tomorrow.

Sorry to ask this horribly ignorant question that shows just how much reading up I have to do: Has Valde been seen by the good doctor yet?

And having Carl Jung and Freud together would be quite amusing...
Old 01-30-2006, 09:24 PM   #473
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba
Just wondering how many more people need to have physicals and surgery?
Abused by the indefatigable Hookbill:

Sai
Fléin
Panakeia? - she got off light?
Wilhelmina
Alli

Yet to be abused:

Mardil
Valde

Durelin, you may have both Freud and Jung together if you wish. That'll be interesting.

And somehow we have to squeeze in a student vs. parent battle, classes (I have them all figured out), a Saturday Final exam, and waking up too early for class. Shee!
Old 01-30-2006, 10:59 PM   #474
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Abused by the indefatigable Hookbill:
Panakeia? - she got off light?
Well, we haven't seen the surgery yet...
Old 01-31-2006, 12:03 AM   #475
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Just so you know, Mardil's psych exam is not going to go well at all. He might even get locked up.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:37 AM   #476
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Oh dear. Can't wait.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:00 AM   #477
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

sorry, computer glitches yesterday..... I'll have your class assignments up later today. the phantom already came up with his own, but it was so close to my own idea anyway, I'll let it ride.

One extra heart removed, Celuien; what does that mean regarding Panakeia's 12 year old conscience?
Old 01-31-2006, 12:38 PM   #478
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

By the way, Mardil's class with Katie the TA- it's based on a true story.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:58 PM   #479
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Just read your post, HB. Funny, as usual. Would you like me to provide you with a way to still be alive, or are you wanting to die?

Mardil, after making a few simple requests, goes willingly along with the dozen or so orcs who come to arrest him. My next post will cover the arrest and Mardil's arrival at the West Morgul Correctional Center.

He will get his psych eval while he is there.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:02 PM   #480
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Hook, are you done with Alli? If so, I'll get her on over to... well... her psych screening. It should go wonderfully, depending on perspective.

Eomer... any time you want for that Thing we've got planned.