The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-19-2008, 10:58 AM   #201
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well I'm here.
Did it maybe occur to you that I was not able to go online cause we have a weekend at the moment?
I mean, yes, I play WW with pleasure, but due to a rather unexpected RL event I was unable to post. So please excuse me for going out with friends instead of sitting home and posing on the thread.
Seems quite an easy strategy there Nogrod to simply say that if I don't post I should be voted. I find it quite unfair of you to do that as long as you did not have a clue. As I didn't post on any other thread here you could have thought that I might not be there.

Anyway, leaving that aside the then/than part was a typo, I've always had a problem with those two.

And I also don't understand why you are so suspicious of this theory.
I mean after all, don't you think it is possible? And what is the problem really, it is just an idea, might be a bad one, but still it was an idea.
Yes, I did indeed say "we" because, as you might have noticed" the theory was the all are innocents. Especially since the roles are not revealed upon death I have even more reasons to believe this.

Now, if you wish to believe that this idea was in some way planned so that I can at the end use "we" and imply that I am an innocent, then go ahead.

I find it good that you also took a look at Lommy, that makes me feel better about you.
I'm not sure who I will vote, somehow both of you don't really seems supicious now and if I had to choose I would probably say Nog simply because there isn't much I see bad in Lommy.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:57 AM   #202
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
First off, I'm glad to see you around, Might. I do know it's weekend so I thought you might have something to do Friday night and would be sleeping late. But you absence today afternoon has troubled me. I assumed you'd give ww more time but evidently I was wrong.

But the fact that you had RL things doesn't change the fact that you have this far given very little to go on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Might
Seems quite an easy strategy there Nogrod to simply say that if I don't post I should be voted.
Surely that's not a very fair accusation since I, too, said that I'll vote you if you don't appear. I just said it later and probably in a less aggressive manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Might
I find it good that you also took a look at Lommy, that makes me feel better about you.
He would have been extremely silly not to look at my posts as well as that would have been immediately viewed as suspicious.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:26 PM   #203
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Might View Post
Did it maybe occur to you that I was not able to go online cause we have a weekend at the moment?
I mean, yes, I play WW with pleasure, but due to a rather unexpected RL event I was unable to post. So please excuse me for going out with friends instead of sitting home and posing on the thread.
It did. Lommy already told what we thought, Friday night and having fun with friends etc. No problem. People have lives - even we do.

But then again if one wants to play a game with others here the others expect the person to play with them then. I think it is a cheap rhetoric to put this game against RL. You have yourself promised to play a game so using that kind of arguments to cover you in a game don't actually convince me.

Quote:
Anyway, leaving that aside the then/than part was a typo, I've always had a problem with those two.
I thought so. Thanks for clearing that.

Quote:
I'm not sure who I will vote, somehow both of you don't really seems supicious now and if I had to choose I would probably say Nog simply because there isn't much I see bad in Lommy.
Remember what I said: the wolves need to be agreeable as not to get lynched. These trials highlight that fact as they have to survive in this threesome. The innocents need to find out things, they need to get everyone talking. The wolves will be happy with silence and comformism. The innocents need to tear things apart and to accuse to see how people react.

Btw. my concerns with Lommy just hit the roof seeing her latest post where she looked really amicable indeed, even underlining that she had voiced the same concerns I did but more pleasantly.

So do consider and reconsider.

And where are you anyway Might? Lurking in the corners still? I thought you would have started to take part in this but it's 1˝ hours since your only post toDay?

Either you don't want to play or then you intentionally avoid playing. Both of these reasons might make me consider voting you notwithstanding my worries on Lommy. I mean with Lommy one can play and there's something to read from her. I mean you can't honestly claim you have played this far...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:49 PM   #204
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Btw. my concerns with Lommy just hit the roof seeing her latest post where she looked really amicable indeed . . .
Eh. First I'm a wolf because I'm so "aggressive" and then because I'm so "amicable". I smell a contradiction here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
. . . even underlining that she had voiced the same concerns I did but more pleasantly.
So what is the probelm?
a) The fact that I pointed out that you were not the only one here to say that you'd vote Miggy if he doesn't appear?
b) Or that I said so in the first place?
c) Or the fact that I did it in a less aggressive way than you did?
d) Or that I said that I did it less aggressively than you did?

Well, obviously
a) Why wouldn't I point that out? Miggy might be a wolf trying to justify his planned vote against you on rather feeble grounds. And even if you are the wolf out of the two, well, even wolves don't deserve to be suspected/voted on false grounds.
b) I think I've said it already why I'd rather vote TM than you if I have no clear opinion about either of you.
c) I think my way of saying things, in ww at least, is generally less aggressive and more friendly than yours. Besides, I must say that while you threatened to vote TM to get him talking, I never did. That itself should be areason to call my approach less aggressive.
d) Well, I was just trying to joke a little bit like the smilie tells and I also saw my being more friendly and the fact that I stated the will-vote-Might -thing later than yours as reasons that TM might have had for picking on your comment but saying nothing about mine. (So, if you will, you can ever read it the way that I'm making up bad excuses for TM to behave how he did. )
Old 01-19-2008, 01:05 PM   #205
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
First I'm a wolf because I'm so "aggressive" and then because I'm so "amicable". I smell a contradiction here.
I smell a continuation of our discussions toDay overall... And anyway you can't actually claim that it's the same thing what you say to one person or another now can you? As a wolf one might reasonably be aggressive towards some people and smooth with dealing some others. You know that well. And in a threesome game those aspects just get highlighted.

Quote:
So what is the probelm?
d) Or that I said that I did it less aggressively than you did?
Exactly. That is the problem. You hurry to underline that you were nicer to bring forwards the feel-good factor of the Might. That's wolfy I'd say.

You see the general issue? The innocents want to get out whatever they can from the discussion as it's their job to find the wolves and to lynch them so they can risk themselves with openly going forwards. The wolves need to survive and thence avoid controversy - at least in a threesome.

Now the Might where are you! I'd say you're a coward for a hero!
Old 01-19-2008, 01:09 PM   #206
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well, Nogrod, I must admit that you are right.
At first I didn't really like what you just wrote, probably because I was not willing to admit it is true. But, I must say, you are truly correct.
I have been giving WW too little attention and I admit it.
The problem is I would like to say that I'll try harder from now on, but after a few games I'm starting to realise I like the game but not so much playing it.
Not really the conclusion I wanted to eventually come to, but still, the conclusion.
So thanks, Nogrod, for giving me that poke and making me realise that.
And please do not think that I mean this as an offense or irony, this is really the way I feel about this.

I guess that I am somehow too lazy to analyse all people or maybe I'm not really good at it or maybe I don't really enjoy it.
Not sure what it is, but really I don't see myself becoming a good WW player like some of the older members.

As such, I feel the need to make a decision and even though it is not quite nice I think it is the right thing to do.
I'm going to take a break from WW, possibly permanently and maybe retry sometime in the future when I feel that I have more time on my hands and more importantly more will to participate.
I wish all other players good luck in this game and in the following ones be they innocents, gifteds or wolves!

So, I'll be taking my leave now and you can always find me in Mirth or the lore stuff.

I do not think I have seen a rule about suicide votes, so here goes:
++ The Might (for not having what it takes)
Old 01-19-2008, 01:23 PM   #207
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

More than 2h since Miggy's latest post? Eeksies...

Quote:
And anyway you can't actually claim that it's the same thing what you say to one person or another now can you? As a wolf one might reasonably be aggressive towards some people and smooth with dealing some others. You know that well. And in a threesome game those aspects just get highlighted.
Ok, fair point. Even though I can't see mewolf being as trasparent as being aggressive against you and being nice to Miggy in order to get him to my side and you lynched, if that's what you're trying to say I'm doing...

Quote:
You see the general issue? The innocents want to get out whatever they can from the discussion as it's their job to find the wolves and to lynch them so they can risk themselves with openly going forwards. The wolves need to survive and thence avoid controversy - at least in a threesome.
Yes, but challenging others and not playing it safe is different than being deliberatedly aggressive and unfriendly.

edit: xed with The Might - now what's this?
Old 01-19-2008, 01:31 PM   #208
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Ok... now that was honest words. The honest words of an innocent or a wolf? Either could react that way to this kind of situation.

But...

Now this really got me thinking... *must use brains*
Old 01-19-2008, 01:33 PM   #209
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

Lommy, can you please for one second stop analysing my last post.
I somehow expected this and I am susprised you think that I might be using this as some kind of strategy.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:48 PM   #210
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Yes, but challenging others and not playing it safe is different than being deliberatedly aggressive and unfriendly.
This is one thing I don't buy. Okay, maybe it's my broken English or something but I don't feel I'm "deliberatedly aggressive and unfriendly". From my point of view I've been most agreeable this game (as in many others). It's just that we are playing a game in which one must suspect and accuse... Read the first post of the Barrow-Wight in the TiG-thread... I have nothing against you people in general but in game I try my best to wrench the truth out from you guys (or to mislead you when I'm a wolf).

So you're short on ammunition Lommy? Well good as I will target you from this on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Might
Well, Nogrod, I must admit that you are right.
At first I didn't really like what you just wrote, probably because I was not willing to admit it is true. But, I must say, you are truly correct.
I have been giving WW too little attention and I admit it.
The problem is I would like to say that I'll try harder from now on, but after a few games I'm starting to realise I like the game but not so much playing it.
Not really the conclusion I wanted to eventually come to, but still, the conclusion.
So thanks, Nogrod, for giving me that poke and making me realise that.
And please do not think that I mean this as an offense or irony, this is really the way I feel about this.
I'm pretty happy to see you being this honest with us. No problem. Do come back when you think you have more time to this. I really hope so as you have played quite well when you have given yourself to this.

I do say now you're a brave warrior, the bravest of us all. You hid in the shadows but now you really showed your qualities. Even if my hammer will be among thoe that kill you I will do it with respect.

I mean if I vote Lommy as I should then she will vote for me and it will all go to the dice. That's not the thing we can afford.

But your sacrifice was not in vain as now I think I know Lommy is a wolf. And I think I can handle her now.

So without further ado

++The Might

Thank's Might. You did the right thing if you really weren't able to take part and were innocent.

PS. Were you a wolf then nice try (we've seen a few of those to be sure)... but it will take a lot from Lommy to convince me of her innocence.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:00 PM   #211
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

++THE MIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I mean if I vote Lommy as I should then she will vote for me and it will all go to the dice. That's not the thing we can afford.
I would have voted The Might in any case.

I completely disagree with you that his last words prove his innocence. They only prove he's frustrated and feeling bad.

Even after that post of his I thought you two more or less equally suspicious. But I think it's better to vote The Might than create a three-way roulette since Might's going to die anyway. If I had voted you I would have risked my own death also and if you are the wolf instead of TM, that would have been a disaster.

And your rapid declaration of TM's innocence and thereby my guilt looks terribly wolvish to me. Which is kind of a pity because before this whole Might's self-vote scenario I was slightly inclined to believe Might was the wolf...
Old 01-19-2008, 02:01 PM   #212
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
As the fourth day of the battles dawned, the audience has already filled the seats of the arena. Everyone was full of expectations, and when Nogrod of Nogrod shouted "We will not disappoint the audience!" a roar of excitement resounded in the arena.

However, the battle of the day did not quite meet the expectations. Soon it became apparent that the Mighty Rog, despite his bravery and significant heroic deeds in the past, hid himself somewhere in a dark corner. Or so it seemed. Nevertheless, the remaining two contestants soon accustomed themselves to the situation and spent most of the day in a long debate. And it was not always a debate just between the two of them.

"Well done, Valier! Well done, Menel!" Nogrod shouted at the warriors resting and healing their wounds in the back of the arena. "Naria and McCaber, one of you is a wolf!"
"Aganzir, what is it that you dislike about me?" Thinlómien gnarled. "What is it all of you distrust me?" Her orc-elf eyes were suddenly filled with tears. "No one trusts me! Oh Elbereth, Elbereth, why? My friends don't trust me! My friends don't like me anymore!"

"I say everyone should speak, speak, and speak!" roared Nogrod. "And it does not matter whether I win or lose, I want a good fight! So where is this cowardly Elf?"
"You mean ME?" Thinlómien said in a threatening voice, drawing up an Orc knife. Then she changed her mind and took her great bow instead.
"Not you," said Nogrod. "I mean the one who is not here!" He turned and shouted over the whole arena. "Hey you! Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me!"
"It won't help if he nods when you don't see him, silly Dwarf," said Thinlómien. Nogrod ignored her and kept addressing The Mighty Rog who was nowhere to be seen. After speaking up his mind about all sorts of things The Might did on the first day, he shouted once again, in hope to bring in the missing contester: "Hey you! Can you hear me?"

No answer came. Both the contesters and all the audience were silent, mostly because a large part of the audience fell asleep during Nogrod's monologue. Suddenly, a gentle buzzing sound went through the arena.
"What's this?" Nogrod asked, raising his hammer. "What's that sound? Who makes that?"
"It's my mind," said Thinlómien and the buzzing sound stopped. The expression of the Orc-Elf's face changed. She grinned at Nogrod with her mouth full of sharp teeth. "And why is that of your concern anyway? You are unnecessarily jumpy, I noticed that, while if I remember correctly, you haven't been jumpy for ages!"

Nogrod shrugged. "I can be jumpy whenever I wish. It is true that since First Age, I indeed haven't been jumpy at all. But look," he said and started jumping around. Thinlómien observed him critically. "That's quite aggressive," she said. "Or are you just having a bad day? Or are you testing my reactions? What is this supposed to be?"
"What, you don't like my jumping?" Nogrod stopped and clutched his hammer.
"No, not at all," Thinlómien said, not threatened in the slightest. "Obviously you don't even know how to jump. Look at me. This is the way it should be done!"

With these words, the Orc-Elf jumped at Nogrod with her old, rusty sword drawn. But Nogrod of Nogrod was not the one to be caught off his guard. He dodged the first strike and immediately thrusted out his arm to hit Thinlómien on her unprotected left side. But even before he could move to the strike, he realised Thinlómien is doing the same. With his superior warrior reflexes, he turned to attack Thinlómien by a bottom strike, only to find his opponent doing the same. They continued dueling for a long time; unfortunately, all the audience was sleeping by that time and could not observe the battle.

"This is of no use," Nogrod said after some time, stopping. "You are mirroring everything I do."
"You as well," Thinlómien said, breathing heavily. "It is obvious neither of us can win."

A merry voice coming from the gate interrupted them. "Hello folks!" Both the contesters turned to see The Might escorted by several Ar-Pharazon's praetorians being led into the arena. "Sorry I wasn't around, I, uh, went out with some friends," he turned and waved to the balcony. Ar-Pharazon, Sauron and Tar-Míriel were standing there, waving back at him. The Queen smiled and then they all turned and left the balcony. Nogrod and Thinlómien exchanged surprised looks.

"They heard about my heroic deeds and wanted to meet me so that I can recount them," the Mighty Rog explained. "They are nice folks. The King, the Queen, even that Sauron fella. We had a nice chat..."

Nogrod and Thinlómien looked at each other once again. Their expressions were now frozen, but the flame of jealousy was to be seen in their eyes. How comes, they both thought, that this warrior earned the King's favour so easily? This was certainly not fair.

And they are not going to leave it at that.

"Hey, you," Nogrod shouted at the Mighty Rog. "Can you hear me?"

As the Mighty Rog turned, Thinlómien stepped closer to him with her sword raised high. "Hey you," she repeated Nogrod's words, "can you feel me?" And at the moment, she hit the warrior flat with the sword. Knocked down, the Mighty Rog fell to the ground.

"That was easy," Thinlómien said with an Orcish smile.
"No one is watching," Nogrod said, overlooking the sleeping tribunes. "But given the popularity he earned, someone may have wanted us to spare him. Let's hide him somewhere, quick."
"Let's dig a hole and bury him," Thinlómien proposed.
"Good idea," nodded Nogrod. "Let's do it!" And they both started digging. But suddenly, one of the spectators awoke, and it took him only a while to realise what is going on. He overlooked the sleeping tribunes.

"Hey you, don't let them to bury the Might!" he shouted with hope to awake the audience. The tribunes stirred. The two digging contestants were alarmed. "He gave in without a fight," Thinlómien cried apologetically, but no one listened to her. The onlookers all rose in protest to the treatment of the famous Hammer of Gondolin. The royal guards marched into the arena in order to maintain order and they dragged the Mighty Rog's unconscious body out of the place.

"Today's contest is over!" Ugh-Friedrich's voice resounded above the heads of the crowd and the contestants. "Nogrod and Thinlómien continue in the contest. Now, greet the three new warriors...!"

-------~~

The Mighty Rog did not stay on Númenor. After being carried out of the arena, he found himself a boat and left the island for good. The strike to his head did him some good at least: he rethought all he heard from the King and Sauron, and decided that if he is to sail West, he'd prefer to do that on his own.

-------~~

Around:
Brinniel
THE Ka
satansaloser2005
Aganzir
McCaber
Nogrod
Thinlómien
Valier
Groin Redbeard
Meneltarmacil
Kath
Gil-Galad
Naria
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Isabellkya
Rikae
A Little Green
Ugh-Friedrich (host)

Gone:
Legate of Amon Lanc - lynched on Day0.1 - teleported away
Roa_Aoife - lynched on Day0.2 - joined the dance
Shastanis Althereduin - lynched on Day0.3
The Might - lynched on Day0.4 - escorted away and sailed away

---------~~

Day0.4 ended, Day0.5 began

sally, Kath and Gil-Galad may post. Others keep out.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 01-19-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:05 PM   #213
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

Well, I am (was) an innocent and I am saying this right now simply because that might help the good side win in the end. So good luck!
Old 01-19-2008, 02:07 PM   #214
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I thought I'd post as soon as possible just to say that I'm here and I want to apologise now for not having posted on that Day 1 thing. I don't think I'd even specifically said I was playing then and I thought it was just the discussion thread when I saw it in the Topics list. So, my apologies, and I am playing!

But it does look like I'll need to go back to that first Day and read through it all so I will get back to you later.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:31 PM   #215
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hmm, am I supposed to be role-playing at all or was that only for the first Day? I'm not a great role-player within WW games anyway so I might just leave it.

Anyway I'm back because as it turns out it looks like sally and Gil were as confused as I was so there is nothing to go through! Therefore I shall disappear until one or hopefully both of them have turned up.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 04:01 PM   #216
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
So sorry Kath! I've been ill and I took a little longer nap than I'd expected. But here I am now.

I need to catch myself some grub real quick and then I'll return to peruse your posts, my hopefully non-hairy friend. If you'd care, you could even leave me more to peruse while I'm gone.

I should probably return in about 15 minutes. Maybe Gil will manage a chance to post in between now and then.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 04:14 PM   #217
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Nice to see someone else around! Compared to the Day with Lommy and Nog around this one looks like it's going to be pretty quiet.

Gil was around earlier in the week 'cause I saw a post by him in the wrong place when I was going through the thread earlier. Let's hope he remembers this is the Day he's meant to be around!
Old 01-19-2008, 04:26 PM   #218
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Indeed! I was confused as well on the first day about what was going on and then I just wasn't able to access the site that entire rest of the day. A pox on the phony internet of my college.

So....Kath....are you a werewolf? Huh, are you? ARE YOU?

Sorry just a little bored and figured I might as well entertain myself.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:29 PM   #219
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

See I just missed the whole thing entirely!

And no I am not a wolf. You? Though this is a particularly pointless discussion as either one of us could be lying.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:36 PM   #220
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

"I have had far too much time on my hands," remarked Sally. "I've noticed a few things in my watchings of the previous battles that seem to me to be a bit, what is the word? A bit off. Perhaps I shall explain. As soon as I've had my afternoon drink."

Sally rushed to the nearest place where the fufu berry grew ripe (and conveniently bottled) and helped herself to a swig of wonder. She looked down and saw her duck tapping her wing impatiently, as if to say "get on with it already!" and stooped down to give her little pet a small piece of bread. Emily scampered off in a happy manner and began to look at all the other warriors with a concerned and suspicious eye. Soon Sally heard an exicted quack rushing her way as Emily returned. Sally realized what had her little pet in such a fit and began to write down what Emily had seen....

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 01-19-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:37 PM   #221
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

O....kay? Should I ask what Emily has seen or should I call the men in white coats?
Old 01-19-2008, 04:38 PM   #222
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
See I just missed the whole thing entirely!

And no I am not a wolf. You? Though this is a particularly pointless discussion as either one of us could be lying.
I'll just come out and say it. It's not worth hiding it since you've discovered my secret. Without a doubt or question, conclusively proven through trial, error, and PMs, I am....the duck whisperer. Fear me.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:40 PM   #223
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
I am....the duck whisperer. Fear me.
Pshaw! No duck whisperer can scare me. I was a Duck in a previous life and a victorious one too!
Old 01-19-2008, 04:47 PM   #224
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Call the men in white coats, because she's still talking to me. And I haven't finished reading the thread. But while they're on their way, perhaps I might ensnare a wolf for us? INdeed I shall proceed then. (Figured on the off-chance I get lynched today, I might at least provide some service to the community).
So here we go. The transcripts from the first of the Emily Ramblings.

Post 140: Legate's death speech. Boils down to "I'm not the seer or the ranger, so chill." Doesn't say anything about the hunter or the counseller, so I'm pretty sure we lost one of those, because I think it'd be rather silly of him to try to bluff about his wolfishness if he's already dead. May as well just go quietly into that great dance floor or whatever happened to him (I will edit post to make a better joke when I find out what happened to him.) Then again, isn't the counseller kind of on the side of the werewolf? Or is that the guardian? I think I need that explained a little better, so I'll have to reread it. It may come in handy for me later to understand those roles properly.

Post (or rather lack thereof) 171b: Would have been 172, but McCaber never voted. He just sat back and allowed the tie to happen, resulting in the mod-god having to (sort of) pick between the two votees. Seems a little hairy to me. ON the other hand, McCaber could have had RL issues. We'll have to ask later.

To be continued shortly....
Old 01-19-2008, 04:51 PM   #225
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Hmm, with Legate, isn't it that every Day there is an ordo, a Wolf and a Gifted. So perhaps he only listed two of what he wasn't because he was an ordo and didn't want to overtly out the Gifted? But actually that doesn't really make sense because he could have said he was the Seer and then the wolves might have been less cautious later which might have helped. I think there are so many ways that could go, but if I had to decide I would be more inclined to think he was a well-intention ordo trying to make the most out of his death.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:53 PM   #226
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Possible. He plays quite a bit differently than I do, but I wouldn't make the "I'm not this particular gifted, nor this one" comment unless I was one of the remaining gifteds. The thing I find the least plausible is Legate-wolf. It just wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, no matter how you slice it.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:59 PM   #227
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Yes but the fact that he only mentioned Seer and Ranger speaks in his favour as an ordo to me. He knows he's going to die, he wants to help in some way, he manages to inform the villagers that the two most helpful Gifted's must be alive because he isn't either of them. I suppose you could presume from that that he might be one of the other Gifted's but if he was the Guardian I doubt he'd have said anything since that's a role more helpful to the wolves. I suppose he could have been the Counsellor (I'm learning the names! ... Slowly.) but I'm still inclined to think ordo.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:05 PM   #228
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Yes but the fact that he only mentioned Seer and Ranger speaks in his favour as an ordo to me. He knows he's going to die, he wants to help in some way, he manages to inform the villagers that the two most helpful Gifted's must be alive because he isn't either of them. I suppose you could presume from that that he might be one of the other Gifted's but if he was the Guardian I doubt he'd have said anything since that's a role more helpful to the wolves. I suppose he could have been the Counsellor (I'm learning the names! ... Slowly.) but I'm still inclined to think ordo.

Definitely possible. For Legate, at least, it's a moot point, being dead and all. The only reason this is even remotely important is which, if any, of our gifteds have been taken from us. I dunno. I just figured I should bring it up. On to finding more....
Old 01-19-2008, 05:15 PM   #229
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil View Post
Admittedly, I had only glanced over the posts before I started and still haven't fully read everything from the last "day."

A few things I did notice, though:
-Nogrod, strangely enough, seemed to want people to start putting pressure on others, voicing suspicions, etc.
-McCaber started acting unusually friendly toward me after I mentioned that a loud wolf was more dangerous than a quiet one, thanking me for allowing him to remain silent when he had nothing to say.

Seems true enough, the part about Noggie that is. But it was the first day, so it's not like arguing or a mis-lynch would necessarily be bad because no one would die anyway. Besides, I think that later in the game some of the things said on day one may actually turn out to be important. We'll have to see.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:18 PM   #230
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Hmm, apparently I'm playing devil's advocate here but I don't see why Noggie asking for suspicion is a bad thing. Where is the point in a Day where everyone gets on swimmingly and nothing analytical is said. In addition, a Day where people lay out their suspicions is helpful so that when we get into the main game (if we survive these mini ones!) we can see progression.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:30 PM   #231
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Hmm, apparently I'm playing devil's advocate here but I don't see why Noggie asking for suspicion is a bad thing. Where is the point in a Day where everyone gets on swimmingly and nothing analytical is said. In addition, a Day where people lay out their suspicions is helpful so that when we get into the main game (if we survive these mini ones!) we can see progression.

Yeah that's what I think too. Hence why I don't think it was necessarily bad for Noggie to do that, at least on Day 0.0. If he does it later in the game, we might have to look further into it, but for now....

A sudden thought dawned upon Sally. "I wonder if the werewolves know who each other are?" she pondered. "Wouldn't it be funny if (insert example name here) made a wonderful case against (insert another example name here) and made them appear plainly hairy, and then they turned out to be fellows?" Sally mulled this thought over for a bit and giggled at the thought of one fellow accidentally betraying the other, all the while wondering if the baddies had thought of this, or if it was even relevant.

That thought popped into my head a bit ago and I felt I needed to share it. Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to send Emily after Gil. Perhaps he is sleeping. If so, she shall bite his toes and wake him up, forcing him to come here and post.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:42 AM   #232
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Gil? Where are you? *ponders* Perhaps Emily got a little too hungry. She has been looking a little thin.

Okay, so here's the deal. I'm going to bed. I'll check the board before I head to church in the morning, and if no one's posted I guess I'll simply have to cast a vote and leave, which I would really not care to do, because I think Kath is innocent at the moment and I haven't heard from Gil at all. I'd like to give him a chance to speak. But....I don't know. I'll see what happens in the morning. Hopefully Gil or Kath can post before I head out.

P.S. Internet access in hometown not guaranteed, hence why I may be forced to vote before I leave, because otherwise I may not be able to vote at all and that would just stink.

P.P.S. Sorry for the double post all. Just wanted to let everyone know what was going on and didn't feel kosher about simply adding onto my other post. Night~!
Old 01-20-2008, 07:14 AM   #233
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Hmm still no Gil. I do hope he turns up toDay and plenty before the deadline as I'm going to have to leave at least an hour before and it looks like sally will be leaving even sooner.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:27 AM   #234
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Gah! Still no Gil! I wonder where he could be....

Okay, I'm heading out in a few minutes or else I'll be really late. I'm going to visit my mother today for lunch so I'll be able to check things out while I'm there. I really hope Gil shows up soon!
Old 01-20-2008, 11:34 AM   #235
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Hang on, it's Sunday! My apologies I thought it was Monday, I will be here at the deadline.

*watches bale of hay roll across the screen*
Old 01-20-2008, 01:32 PM   #236
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

No problem. Sadly, I have only a couple moments online (my mother's husband needs the computer in a bit) so I'll have to vote now. My apologies, but....

++Gil

I hate to do this to the poor fellow, but Kath, I honestly think you're an innocent. And since I have nothing to go on with Gil, I'd sadly rather kill an unknown than a presumed innocent. I'm truly sorry Gil, for I wish you could have stayed longer, but I have to go with the more reasonable choice, and that is not killing Kath.

Kath, go ahead and vote for whichever of us you please. I just felt the need to eliminate Gil from the picture since he hasn't been in to defend himself anyway. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I hope to see you when the battles are at an end!

P.S. Happy 101st posting to me! *sings*
Old 01-20-2008, 02:00 PM   #237
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Eep! Just amde it.

++GIL

He hasn't posted, sally has.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:02 PM   #238
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
The fifth day arrived with a fog, which grew so intense that by midday that the audience sealed away from the gladiators. The only thing that could be seen was the sun and it was whiter than the palest of moons. The most far-sighted look-outs were exeptions as they could see a trace of light gleaming off Tomas Megarson’s golden armour.

Speaking of whom, Tomas was having an argument with his inner dragon. The dragon complained that Tomas was too dirty to live in, while Tomas claimed that he was too busy to brush the dust off his soul. And anyway, inner dragons don’t have souls of their own so why should Tomas care what the dragon wants. The dragon was quite crushed by that because it didn’t have a soul and knew it, and obviously wasn’t the only one who knew it. It did however claim to be an essential part of Tomas and if he treated it badly, he would go to ruin. Tomas left that unanswered, but assailed the dragon with a question, ”Why don’t you do it if you seem to care so much?” He then added that he had already cleaned his golden armour today and wasn’t in the mood to clean anything else. ”Maybe tomorrow”.

While those two were having their quarrel, the other three were in the middle of a highly civilized small talk. Sally Underdale was explaining Kath the Whiteness how her compass works. ”It will turn purple when there is evil nearby. Sadly it will take some time for it to get the newest security upgrade before it can notice Wolves”.

”Oh, how nice”, said Kath while having most of her concentration on agonizing over the fact that most people saw her only as a boring old fog and not even remotely as a being of everlasting beauty. ”Yes yes, very interesting, do tell more”, Kath said not noticing that Sally had already noticed that Kath wasn’t in the least bit interested in anything she was saying and turned to talk with her pet duck Emily.

Sally couldn’t speak duck, but then again, Emily wasn’t just any duck, but a duck present in several different dimencions and thus being able to communicate with Sally, or any other person, through means of collective subconscience. Like Tomas and his inner dragon, Sally and Emily were not in the best of terms right now. Like Legate and unlike Tomas, Sally wanted her closest if not best friend to participate in the competitions. Like Tomas and unlikeLegate, Sally didn’t do that. She had really wanted to, she did! But Emily had said ”Quack!” and left little space for opposing opinions.

Now that both Tomas and Sally were having their private discussions, Kath grew tired pondering her appearance as nobody was noticing her anyway. She decided to go for quick flight over Meneltarma to clear her thoughts. She guessed, with irony, the right reaction of the audience: as soon as she left the Temple, the crowd began celebrationg the dissolving of the fog. For the first time during the whole day they could see what was going around in the arena. Not much, it seemed at first. Until...

...until they noticed that where the gate leading out of the arena originally stood (and where just the grey fog originally was), a larger gate began to form out of nowhere. A glittering bridge could be seen behind it, and as it reached its full size, coloured shapes could be noticed circling above. One of them was coming closer, outlined with greenish light, but dark in itself. The audience shouted with surprise and fear: it was a huge dark dragon, and a man was sitting on the dragon's back.

"Ashen-Shugar!" a voice resounded in Tomas' head. Both Sally and her friend stared in amazement. "Quack!" Emily said, which could have meant something along the lines "That dragon is way bigger than I am."

"Ashen-Shugar!" the figure of the man - or was it a man? - repeated its call. "Why are you here? This is not a place for you. I have been searching for you. Come and join us!"

Tomas lifted his head and looked into the stranger's eyes. "Leave me alone, Draken-Korin! You are dead. I don't know how you appeared here, but I don't care. I am here to fight with -"

The stranger laughed. "I wouldn't say I am dead. I don't think so, at least. But this is not a place for you to fight, Ashen-Shugar. These - beings - are not worth your attention. Come! Let us ride once again and visit another worlds, and -"

"I said no," Tomas replied. "And if you don't leave, I swear I'm going to -"

"To what? Kill me? You don't have the guts to do it, Ashen-Shugar. No, the only ones you are capable of fighting are these stupid little -"

But that was enough. With a cry of rage, Tomas leapt towards the intruder with his sword drawn. But as soon as his feet touched the golden bridge, Draken-Korin roared with laughter and the gate disappeared like a puff of smoke. And the one who was called Tomas disappeared with it.

-------~~

Around:
Brinniel
THE Ka
satansaloser2005
Aganzir
McCaber
Nogrod
Thinlómien
Valier
Groin Redbeard
Meneltarmacil
Kath
Naria
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Isabellkya
Rikae
A Little Green
Ugh-Friedrich (host)

Gone:
Legate of Amon Lanc - lynched on Day0.1 - teleported away
Roa_Aoife - lynched on Day0.2 - joined the dance
Shastanis Althereduin - lynched on Day0.3
The Might - lynched on Day0.4 - escorted away and sailed away
Gil-Galad - lynched on Day0.5 - disappeared in a gate to different world

---------~~

Day0.5 ended, Day0.6 begins. Azaelia, Brinniel and Groin may post.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 01-20-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:08 PM   #239
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dűm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

Hello, Brinniel and Groin. I'm here, and I'm going back over the thread just to see what you've said. Cheers!
Old 01-20-2008, 02:45 PM   #240
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dűm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

Ok, since it's just me so far, here's what Brinniel and Groin have said, briefly summarized. This is just for my own reference, and I have been unbiased in recording this stuff.

Groin
Post #4: In-character introduction, nothing out of the ordinary
Post # 14: In-character, likes Noggy’s call to action, cautions that Noggy could be a wolf all the same. Remarks that Legate is quick to suspect
Post #57: Thinks Brinniel is a wolf for not expressing suspicion
Post 80: Gives thoughts on players—Thinlo has good insight, is helpful. McCaber is too quiet. Menel tries to dampen debate. Has no opinion on A Little Green so far. Is satisfied with Brinniel’s explanations, but still is going with his gut and saying she’s a wolf. Noggie is loud and helpful. I am a scapegoat, he is “uneasy” about my silence. Has no opinion on Might. Is uneasy with Legate, but thinks he’s a good guy. Valier trusts no one—a mark of an experienced player? Ka he finds difficult—plays the innocent one minute, suspects others the next.

Brinniel
Post #42: In character intro. Understands reasoning behind a first-day vote, but also thinks it’s not particularly useful. Points out that the wolves don’t know any more than the innocents, observes same-old same-old day 1 discussion.
Post 44: Does not dismiss the importance of Day 1s overall, but finds this particular one to be useless.
Post 67: Says she just hasn’t gotten around to expressing suspicion yet. Worries that people are going to get too caught up with what happened Day 1 and disregard important things that may come up later. Thinks Lommy is suspicious, giving only an appearance of being helpful. Wonders that if she happens to change her mind later on, people might find it suspicious.

I really don't want to base anything off the first day, since that was just an awkward little thing. I believe there was a lot of testing the waters going on from everyone, people just trying to get a feel for the group and for the setup--this is new and strange for everyone, after all.

However, here are my very early, preliminary, subject-to-change opinions.

Brinniel is reading as innocent. She's helpful and careful to explain herself. Gut instincts aren't worth much this early on in the game (ever?), but mine is saying she's innocent.

Groin, however, strikes me as odd (I know that may sound a bit hypocritical coming from me--my first day was spectacularly poor, even according to my own standards). It strikes me as odd that he criticizes both Legate and, later, Ka for expressing suspicion, but does so himself with very little to back it up. At the moment, I'm willing to chalk that up to him being new at this, and I'm more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.