The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-14-2003, 10:22 PM   #81
Cibbwin
Wight

Cibbwin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cibbwin Send a message via MSN to Cibbwin Send a message via Yahoo to Cibbwin
Sting

Well, you need to understand, Rolling Stone likes to joke around alot. "Sexed up" probably just means more kissing.
Cibbwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 12:27 PM   #82
Dininziliel
Wight

Dininziliel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Thank you, King, for the reply re Arwen v. Eowyn and the big do-in on the Pelennor with Witch King. As far as what Jackson is capable of--after TT, anything goes. I have to keep telling myself that the movies are <I>based</I> on LotR. I almost wish ME was not so captivating on and real to me on screen--that way I could more easily let go of the disappointment in his having changed the plot for pizzazz instead of having so little faith in audience ability to get zazzed on T's plot. It's just so painful to get so close yet fall so far. I know certain things have to be changed, but and ... oh, I'm about to do the Faramir rant. <P>I'll just end by saying I watched the DVD of TT and was struck by how many things did not really add up. We're just so zotzed by spectacle that story sense becomes secondary.<P>Oh dear. I think ... I do believe ... yes, it must be true--I have become a fanatic.<P>And proud of it!
Old 09-15-2003, 12:56 PM   #83
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arwen Eruantale has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Eruantale
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>yes, it must be true--I have become a fanatic.<P>And proud of it!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hear hear! You have no idea... <P>Welcome to the Downs, dininziliel! Enjoy a long and glorious stay!

Will you pay attention?
Arwen Eruantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 09:07 PM   #84
elvenmaiden14

Sting

_________________________________________<BR>I am sorry, but Peter Jackson did not direct that movie. He just endorsed it in the advertising. It is actually directed by a man by the name of Eli Roth<BR>__________________________________________ <P>oh....thanks for telling me....hmm...yeh well when i heard his name in the trailer i thought he directed it..and it didnt seem like somethin he would be interested in ....
Old 09-16-2003, 07:33 AM   #85
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Just a question.<P>Why has a throw away comment in a throw away magazine generated 84 replies (85 now - Arrgh! ) on a board that, I think, typically has very good discussions?<P>H.C.<p>[ September 16, 2003: Message edited by: HCIsland ]
Old 09-16-2003, 10:52 AM   #86
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

lol, HC. I'd guess because it raised an interesing topic of conversation, since most people are just posting as if the scene was actually in the movie. It's interesting to discuss peoples opinions/etc. on a sex scene in RotK (if there was one). That's my best guess (& now there's 86 ).
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 08:08 PM   #87
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Eye

Well, H.C., if we've OFFENDED you, we can stop...
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 08:48 AM   #88
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Sting

Whether in a negative or positive fashion, a great deal of people do like to talk about any subject remotely linked to sex.
Old 09-17-2003, 02:47 PM   #89
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Whether in a negative or positive fashion, a great deal of people do like to talk about any subject remotely linked to sex. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Too true, Lush! <BR>And Tolkienites, however unique they may be from other points of view, are no exception to this general rule.
Old 09-17-2003, 07:25 PM   #90
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Whether in a negative or positive fashion, a great deal of people do like to talk about any subject remotely linked to sex. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Indeed, Lush. The mere mention of the word (especially in conjunction with the word "Outrage") is always bound to draw a crowd. It's the bread and butter of tabloid newspapers and "gossipy" magazines.<P>Next target - 4 pages.
Old 09-17-2003, 08:37 PM   #91
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

You are all so right. Just the use of the word has brought many people into this thread in the first place.<BR>Howere, IMHO, I don't think there will be any such romantic issues in the final installment.<BR>The romantic scenes between Arwen and Aragorn probably won't get any hotter, but they are nessesary, I'm not suprised that there were so many in TTT.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 08:48 PM   #92
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Sting

I don't relish the subject at all! I just don't want to see the reputation of my favorite movies tarnashed by fish-wrapper rumors.<P>Perhaps it IS time to talk about something else, now that rumors are quenched...
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 11:13 AM   #93
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Sting

One doesn't have to relish a subject to have a response to it, I don't think. <P>Anyway, the main purpose of <I>Rolling Stone</I> is no longer aimed at reflecting on pop culture. It is aimed at subverting and sensationalizing anything that can be subverted and sensationalized.<P>While I don't think that in this particular case the editor's desire was to tarnish a movie's image in the eye of the public, they were definitely acting according to the formula of how such magazines are sold. We have better writers at the university's weekly entertainment magazine, and none of us even get paid. Says a lot about <I>Rolling Stone</I> doesn't it?<P>Anyway, as a certain prolific BD-er said the other day, "Rolling Stone, always starting avalanches..."<p>[ September 18, 2003: Message edited by: Lush ]
Old 09-19-2003, 06:32 PM   #94
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Hey, let's see if we can make three pages of outrage about something that's never going to happen.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <P>Hey, now that we've got under lock & key, Saucepan Man, why not shoot for 4? Seriously though, I don't think there's a problem about continuing to discuss it if no one else does...
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 09:38 PM   #95
the ninth spelunker

Sting

I was wondering if anyone here has seen this picture yet. It's at <A HREF="http://www.spydirweb.com/lotr.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.spydirweb.com/lotr.htm</A> go to pictures under links on the left side of the page and click on Frodo
Old 09-21-2003, 09:58 PM   #96
Beren87
Master of the Secret Fire

Beren87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beren87 Send a message via Yahoo to Beren87
Sting

Now *that's* terribly frightening.<P>And I just have one thing to say. For all of those people who had random reponses amounting to "that stuff doesn't appeal to me at ALL!!".<P>You are indeed in the minority of the population, and more significantly, probably lieing. Realise that most people like sex, it happens to be the mechanism for continueing our species.
Beren87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 12:18 AM   #97
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

Gee, "mechanism": make it sound real attractive there, Beren. What would Tolkien say? Describing an age old act of pretty much all life forms with a word coined in 1662 relating to *bumbumbum* <I>machinery!</I>. The outrage! I'm so outraged I... I... oh, cookies.....<P>Oh, and I saw <A HREF="http://www.spydirweb.com/1234.jpg" TARGET=_blank>that picture</A> two years ago in Premiere magazine. (If you use that link you don't have to scroll and click around to find the pic, it'll be there, magically.)<P>Two more posts, HC, and we can start singing "99 posts of outrage on the board". (Disclaimer: This is a joke, I am in no way, shape, form, angle, or equation condoning such a mindless post).
Old 09-22-2003, 05:59 AM   #98
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
Sting

Diamond's right - that pic's of Elijah, not Frodo, and it is not from the supposedly nude scene, if any of you were wondering - or hoping.
Old 09-24-2003, 02:20 PM   #99
hobbit punk
Haunting Spirit

hobbit punk has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hmmm maybe this will help get it to a fourth page... <P>Seriously though, if there is a "sex scene" in ROTK, it will probably be something along the lines of Aragorn and Arwen kissing and embracing sometime after their wedding and then having the doors sort of swing shut on them. The audience is left to use their imagination and there is little slandering of Tolkien. That's it. I doubt and hope their isn't.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:08 PM   #100
Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Haunting Spirit

Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Eye

how SICKNING is THAT?! dude...i think that PJ would have better judgment than THAT... or atleast i HOPE so but i guess well jus have to see...
Old 09-25-2003, 01:13 PM   #101
Jack
Haunting Spirit

Jack has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I don't read the rolling stone magizine but I will fume with you and anyone who wishes to fume to! (not like I have anything against Aragon/Arwen in fact I would fume if they didn't get married but this is to much!)
Old 09-25-2003, 01:34 PM   #102
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My only question is, who's on top? <P>H.C.
Old 09-27-2003, 01:11 PM   #103
ArathorofBarahir
Wight

ArathorofBarahir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I highly doubt that PJ would incorportate sex into ROTK. It just doesn't sound like him.<p>[ September 27, 2003: Message edited by: ArathorofBarahir ]
Old 09-27-2003, 11:12 PM   #104
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

HC, my lad, you deserve to be spanked!!!! <P>I honestly think that picture is disturbing (even though I've seen it before), but just glance at the hair, and you know it's another "interesting" picture of Elijah. I've seen so many "interesting" pictures of that poor boy, that it's not funny any more. I sincerely feel sorry for him.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 03:12 AM   #105
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I've seen so many "interesting" pictures of that poor boy, that it's not funny any more. I sincerely feel sorry for him. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>lol, my thoughts exactly! Sickening are the minds of photographers...