The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2003, 10:45 AM   #1
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Shield ROTK Shot- Mount Doom Spoiler???????

I guess this can be classifed as a HUGE SPOILER.... leave now if you don't want to risk it....<P><BR><A HREF="http://moose67.20megsfree.com/images/ringpic1.jpg" TARGET=_blank>here</A><P>This is a really weird picture. It's like mind-boggling. Obviously someone took a picture of a shot from the movie in some book (It's definitely Elijah Wood), but it's a reall weird shot. He's holding the Ring by the end of the chain over what you would think would be the pit of lava (not sure if it has a name.... ), but if you look closely there's a black thing in the corner, that looks like a black hand... I hope this isn't what it looks like... <P>Please give your thoughts on this picture...
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 10:50 AM   #2
Lord of Angmar
Tyrannus Incorporalis

Lord of Angmar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It doesn't look like Elijah Wood to me, and I do not see any sign of a "black hand". I think it is probably a forgery.
Old 08-23-2003, 12:12 PM   #3
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

That is definitly not Elijah because if you look at the pic closely, and even do some cropping if you want, you can tell that it looks more like Sam with dark hair. The Hobbit is too fat to be Elijah. It's probably just a picture someone drew to immitate the books. And what are you talking about with the black hand? All I see is smoke.
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 12:14 PM   #4
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

It's to tough to call really...
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 01:34 PM   #5
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arwen Eruantale has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Eruantale
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>It's to tough to call really...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah. I don't think it looks like Elijah... and what kind of psycho would they have published a picture like that before it's release in the theatre? It just doesn't seem to add up. <P><B>Frodo Lives!</B> <I>Revive the slogan!</I><p>[ August 23, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen Eruantale ]

Will you pay attention?
Arwen Eruantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 01:50 PM   #6
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dûm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I think it could be Elijah, but wearing baggy clothes so that he looks fat. And the angle of the camera and the way his head is held could alter it. But the picture is very baffling. It's not from the movie, maybe a publicity shot? He may not be holding it over the cracks of doom or anything, it could just be the lighting. And I can see the black thing in the corner but I don't think it's a hand, just a shadow. But this picture is quite odd, I wonder where it's from.
Old 08-23-2003, 02:56 PM   #7
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Slight book spolier<P><BR>Remember (if they follow the book) that Frodo will be wearing different clothing because all of his hobbit clothing would have been taken by the orcs during his capture.<P>I think it could be completely possible that this is a photo of that very important moment of the story. I personally don't see a black hand over his shoulder though. And additionally the photo is so unclear that you really can't see who the actor is.<p>[ August 23, 2003: Message edited by: Gorwingel ]
Old 08-23-2003, 04:29 PM   #8
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I personally don't see a black hand over his shoulder though. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oh I'n sorry, it's not over his shoulder. If you see where the Ring is, just under it is an odd-shaped black thing that looks like a hand or shadow, but there's a little part at the top that sort of juts up like a thumb. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> And additionally the photo is so unclear that you really can't see who the actor is. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Exactly. In my opinion it looks like Elijah Wood, but his head is tilted down and he's looking up. And as you said, Gorwingel, it could be the Orc clothes that he's wearing.<P>I found out that the site is <A HREF="http://moose67.20megsfree.com/cgi-bin/i/images" TARGET=_blank>http://moose67.20megsfree.com/cgi-bin/i/images</A> . I also found this picture there, which seems like a much more accurate shot of a totally different scene. And it's clear, except for the big logo on it. Go <A HREF="http://moose67.20megsfree.com/cgi-bin/i/images/omissig.jpg" TARGET=_blank>here</A> to see it.
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 06:01 PM   #9
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

This is what I see:<P>I see a black faced hobbit, very similiar to the picture that was released of Frodo climing up Mount Doom. He is in a dark, smoky cavern holding a chain with a ring on it over something (presumably a chasm) that is emiting a dull red light. Over his right shoulder, in the shadows, I see the faintest shadow of long (gollum-like) fingers about to fall upon the hobbit. This seems very much like the real thing to me, and personally, I have no doubt that it is completely genuine.<P>Iarwain
Old 08-23-2003, 08:44 PM   #10
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Remember (if they follow the book) that Frodo will be wearing different clothing because all of his hobbit clothing would have been taken by the orcs during his capture.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I was just about to say that, Gorwingel. I think his chubby appearance would be due to the baggy clothing of the larger orc armor. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>It doesn't look like Elijah Wood to me<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yea, it doesn't look like the Elijah we know from the first two movies, but Frodo goes through alot more in the third movie and it would be understandable that he would have a darker, more worn, and slightly changed look in his face and expression. I think it <I>is</I> Elijah.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>the picture that was released of Frodo climing up Mount Doom.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> Where did you see this? I can't say that I've seen that one yet... A link would be much appreciated. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>This seems very much like the real thing to me, and personally, I have no doubt that it is completely genuine.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yup, that says it for me too.
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 05:24 PM   #11
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Here it is off of theonering.net:<P><A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/scrapbook/group/926/view/7839" TARGET=_blank>Frodo, Frodo...</A><P>I just noticed something. If you look on the opposite page of the book, the character is about to put a ring on his finger. Peculiar...<P>Iarwain<p>[ August 24, 2003: Message edited by: Iarwain ]