The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-27-2003, 05:30 AM   #41
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
ITS NOT FAIR!!! WE NEVER GET ANYTHING WITH EVERYONE ELSE!
No, you don't...you got Ned Kelly 6 months minus a day before us! I WAS SO JEALOUS!!! It came out in Australia on my birthday....*sobs*

But yeah, I shall be seeing it with my friends after school. Like last yeah. And it'll be at about 3:00pm, and I can guarantee the cinema will be packed full of adults for whatever reason...I swear they ought to be at work at that time...
And I shan't be dressing up, because hello this is England...but I will wear my One Ring. (Which is silver and not on a chain. But never mind...)
But talking about costumes, I'm going to make a dress based on one of the costumes for my textiles coursework! So cool man...thank god we were able to make up our own briefs...
Old 09-27-2003, 06:08 AM   #42
Morima
Haunting Spirit

Morima has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Morima Send a message via MSN to Morima
White-Hand

My semi-finals start at the 19. of December ... So at the 17. I'll be studying like hell. *SNIFF!* -_-

Aki Benetah.
Morima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 07:55 AM   #43
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

I shall keep on complaining on why the movie be shown here on January instead of December... argh! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 09:05 PM   #44
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
*mega squee*

My mom said she'd take the day off from work and let me skip school to go see RotK! *so happy* I can't wait! I'm gonna wear my Elven dress...and buy lots of popcorn...

Nah. Forget the popcorn. I won't be able to eat. I'll be too excited... But I'll definatly bring a tissue box! And I'll be soooo jumpy during the previews... The time before the movie starts... in the theater... will be the worst torture of my life...
Old 10-01-2003, 05:59 PM   #45
Oliphaunts_Rule
Pile O'Bones

Oliphaunts_Rule has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My big sister Oddwen and I are going to go to the twelve o'clock showing (17), and we're makeing dresses and cloaks. I'm designing my own Ewione dress. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Theres a dream in your heart and His heart is your prayer/you can move mountains with your life in His hands/He'll tear down the walls and He'll walk where you can't/have faith in the power to believe/He has given you a dream~MICHELLE TUMES.
Oliphaunts_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 12:41 PM   #46
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

The other day, my sister emailed me from Savannah asking when ROTK comes out. I told her the release date was Dec. 17 and I was hoping to go see it that day. She emailed me back saying, "Ok, we're going together then. Mark it on your calendar." My sister tends to be a bit insistent. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

So, we plan to go together on the 17th as long as my dance team doesn't perform at a basketball game that night. I just hope she doesn't regret coming with me when I put on my BD t-shirt, talk non-stop Tolkien, and squeal when the movie starts. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2003, 12:45 PM   #47
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Feared Half-Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I don't know if anyone noticed, or cares, or if anyone has said this before, but wasn't Fotr out on 19th December, TTT out on 18th December, and now Rotk out on 17th December.

Does anyone out there at all give a damn about my random ravings?

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Feared Half-Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 12:48 PM   #48
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Ring

Feared: Yes I think you're correct [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ October 02, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]
Old 10-06-2003, 04:10 AM   #49
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
No, you don't...you got Ned Kelly 6 months minus a day before us! I WAS SO JEALOUS!!! It came out in Australia on my birthday....*sobs*
Ye-ah! hehe, well it was an Australian movie, think how ropable i would have been if it came out anywhere else first! This will hit you hard to then to learn that we got it released on DVD i think even before it came out at your cinemas. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

But can you blame me for being angry about our ROTK release date? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 09:08 PM   #50
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My December 17th (like others) will hopefully start on the 16th... I'll go to school (but won't be able to concentrate) because (fingers crossed) i'll be going down to the commons after school and watching the marathon (EE FOTR, TTT, then premier of ROTK) YAYNESS!!!!! I'll get home really late, go to bed, get up by 6:00 to go to school... come home... go to work... and go watch ROTK again! Sounds good to me I just have to convince my parents that it is, esp. the whole marathon thingy *crosses fingers and closes eyes hopefully*

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 01:48 AM   #51
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Eye

If I survive the horrible wait the day (or even week) before the 17, I'm going opening day!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe even dress like an elf [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Or hobbit... So I'll be sitting in the theatre, probably with my friend who's also a LotR freak, watching RotK!!! We'll both be going crazy during the previews leading up to it, and I won't be able to contain my excitement when it actually starts!!! Then I'll be really excited, cry a lot during the movie, get really mad if Aragorn does end up kissing Eowyn or if they change anything else too drastically, cry the whole way through the ending, then leave the theatre extremely sad that it's all over, but incredibly happy I go to see it. Then I might just go buy tickets for the next week so I can go see it again.
I can't wait!!!!!!!!! aahh!!! The torture of waiting!!!! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Thank you for bearing with me through all my ranting. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Arwen

edited for spelling mistakes made during rant.
[ October 07, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen1858 ]

[ October 07, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen1858 ]
Old 12-02-2003, 01:21 PM   #52
vanwalossien
Shade of Carn Dűm

vanwalossien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

On Dec 16th I'm having a RotK warm-up, watching the EEs of FotR and TTT, and then, at 11pm or something like that, I'm going to the cinema to represent The Norwegian Tolkien Society, Arthedain, and then an hour later I'll be sitting on the back row with all my friends [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The rest of Dec 17th will be spent at school "concentrating" on, let's see *checks timetable*, English, French, maths and economy. With two hours of sleep first, from 4am 'til I have to get up at 6... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

EDIT: Forgot to say; I'm dressing up of course, I'm going for a hobbitish look with a cloak and a staff, unless I get to borrow my friend's Éowyn dress. I'm considering wearing the cloak to school afterwards, just for the fun of it [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 10:50 AM December 03, 2003: Message edited by: vanwalossien ]

[ 10:51 AM December 03, 2003: Message edited by: vanwalossien ]
Old 12-02-2003, 02:15 PM   #53
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Tolkien

Quote:
Hot-gluing elf ears.
Ouch!!!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

(Sam, who will be going [on the 17th or not] in the positively most GORGEOUS one-of-a-kind PURPLE cloak made by a real elf! [so to speak] ). [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 05:33 PM   #54
Lady Snickerdoodle
Shade of Carn Dűm

Lady Snickerdoodle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I WILL BE THROWING THE BIGGEST TANTRUM EVER because my dad will be away on a business trip and I'm not allowed to see it until he gets back. Therefore I lose my title as Most Obsessed and Biggest Fan among my friends so HELP ME! What can I do to convince my parents to let me go???
Old 12-02-2003, 08:17 PM   #55
Lëowen
Haunting Spirit

Location: my computer chair, being smothered by my impossibly large cat
Lëowen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lëowen
Shield

If all goes according to plan, my 17th should be going to see RotK at midnight, with mclaniy_mouse and ElenCala Isil. Fwee! I can't wait..
Old 12-02-2003, 09:22 PM   #56
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

*squee* I just reserved my tickets!! I'm going with a friend and my mom to the 1:40 showing! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I'm skipping school...heh heh. We're going out to lunch at Bertucci's and shopping afterwards. It'll be a fun fun day. I can't wait! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2003, 09:22 PM   #57
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
I WILL BE THROWING THE BIGGEST TANTRUM EVER because my dad will be away on a business trip and I'm not allowed to see it until he gets back. Therefore I lose my title as Most Obsessed and Biggest Fan among my friends so HELP ME! What can I do to convince my parents to let me go???
I am so sorry Lady Snickerdoodle (love the name btw)!!!!!!! I have no suggestions for you, all I can do is wish you luck! You'll need it...

My plans for the 17th have changed greatly in the past month. I was naive enough to believe that I would get Trilogy Tuesday tickets (no comment [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] ). It's all good though (you're rubbing off on me Sapphy! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ). I'm now going to go the Line Party near me and am planning on having tons fun there with my friends!! It's going to be great! In two weeks and four hours (MST) from now I will be the happiest girl on earth!!

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 11:00 AM   #58
Lady Snickerdoodle
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

Quote:
I am so sorry Lady Snickerdoodle (love the name btw)!!!!!!! I have no suggestions for you, all I can do is wish you luck! You'll need it...
*sob* "what do you fear?"
"A cage. To stay behind bars until all hope of seeing ROTK in theaters has long passed."
Old 12-05-2003, 06:54 PM   #59
Eowyn_Wildfire
Animated Skeleton

Eowyn_Wildfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eowyn_Wildfire
Sting

I am not gonna be able to go to premire night, because I have finals that week.
also I have no friends who are obsessed with lotr! but i am draging my friends to the movies on friday anyway!
I want to make a shirt with frodo lives or aragorns speach from the tralier if I have time and will paint my tonails with frodo lives but not at school beacause i am a very shy person, know one would get it and Its agaisnt the uniform!
mabye I wall hand out lotr adverts and put them all over the school!
and I love the Idea of putting frodo lives on the hp books
my dream was to go dress up to the premire but again finals and my lack of lotr fan friends has made this dream impossible
Eowyn_Wildfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 07:11 PM   #60
Lady Snickerdoodle
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

Eowyn Wildfire I am right there with you. I'm over at a friends house and she is getting annoyed with me because I am mentioning LOTR in like every conversation. However, I have promised not to annoy her because she's promised to "invite" me to see it the first night (its really this huge conspiracy thought up by me) because my parents wouldn't refuse a polite invitation from her, so they have to let me go!!! yay! still Most Obsessed!!!!
Old 12-06-2003, 09:37 PM   #61
Catherine
Shade of Carn Dűm

Catherine has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

On Dec. 17 (11 days) I will first go to school then right after school I will call the movie theater to find out when the ROTK is playing, then at the soonest time I will be sitting in a movie theater chair with a box of popcorn and a soda and watch ROTK!!! I AM SOOO EXCITED!! I cant wait!!
I don't think I should have had the heart to leave it."
~Merry to Haldir in Lothlórien~
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 10:12 PM   #62
Alatariel Telemnar
Shade of Carn Dűm

Alatariel Telemnar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Alatariel Telemnar
Sting

On December 17th I will be acting all depressed since I cant to the midnight premere of RotK with Lëowen and ElenCala Isil... and that I wont be able to see RotK probably until about two weeks later... within that two weeks I will act really depressed since I didnt get to go the the midnight premere with ElenCala Isil and Lëowen...

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 12:32 PM December 07, 2003: Message edited by: Alatariel Telemnar ]

'Poor ye. Ye're tied to someone who's been photographed trying to shave their hand... My condolences.'
Alatariel Telemnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 05:20 PM   #63
Dűrbwúrz
Newly Deceased

Dűrbwúrz has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

I will be going to my school's christmas ball(how badly organised is that?) although i'm tempted to bunk off lessons to go see it before then. If i don't then i guess i'll just have to see the first showing on the thursday (when i don't have school) [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2003, 06:24 PM   #64
Nimrothiel
Shade of Carn Dűm

Nimrothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'll be in school for most of the day, and even though I don't have to work I have to go to a mid-week Advent service at my church (I HATE being a p.k.:mad [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]; then because it's a school night I won't be able to go see the late showing. So I guess I'll do what I did last year and wait about two weeks [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] before I go see it with my family.
Old 12-08-2003, 06:32 PM   #65
QuickSlash
Wight

QuickSlash has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to QuickSlash Send a message via Yahoo to QuickSlash
Shield

Oo. Things've changed a lot for my plans. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] My English prof decided that he's going to take our class out to the premire of The Return of the King. I'll go with them on December 17, then later on that week/weekend, I'll be going with one friend, then later on I'll be going with another. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I might dress up as an elf for one of these, if I get my act together. I have the perfect dress for it.

At some point, I'll be watching all three movies back to back to back, hopefully. It's looking like my local theater isn't going to show them, but luckily, I have a friend in a big city. I'm sure someplace there'll be showing 'em all. ~_^
Old 12-09-2003, 09:03 PM   #66
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

I will more than likely not see LOTR until next year, as the person I usually go to see it with (there is NO Theatre in my hometown, and I do not drive, my co-LOTR fan does) has too tight a work schedule. No matter. When I DO go, I will be wearing my handmade Hobbit dress (ala Rose Gamgee), and my gorgeous one-of-a-kind purple travel cloak from the Raefindel collection, and I shall enjoy myself anyway! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 12-09-2003, 09:19 PM   #67
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
I will more than likely not see LOTR until next year, as the person I usually go to see it with (there is NO Theatre in my hometown, and I do not drive, my co-LOTR fan does) has too tight a work schedule.
Gee, Samwise! If you lived near me, I'd come and get you and make a hobbit gang of it! (Well, two anyway!) I'll be dressed (sort of) as Frodo Baggins, simply because my regular clothes are rather hobbitish and I think my cobbled together outfit somewhat resembles Frodo. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] You'd have to put up with the arrow-through-the-head husband Boromir, though! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] (I can't find any groups going around here, but I'll go in costume if I have to be the only Frodo Baggins in Tennessee!)

Cheers!
Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 10:23 PM   #68
Elassar 516

Elassar 516 has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

I will be at the ROTK premier. but tickets to the marathon are completely sold out [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Elassar 516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 11:36 PM   #69
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Quote:
Gee, Samwise! If you lived near me, I'd come and get you and make a hobbit gang of it!
That's awfully kind, Miss Lyta--LOL--I wonder if you wouldn't regret that decision, though after five minutes of my spouting Sam lines and reffering to you as "Mr. Frodo" (considerin' how you said you'd be dressed, an' all.) [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2003, 12:51 AM   #70
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
I wonder if you wouldn't regret that decision, though after five minutes of my spouting Sam lines and reffering to you as "Mr. Frodo" (considerin' how you said you'd be dressed, an' all.)
Heh heh...that'd be NOTHING to the lines I'd probably spout at you, Samwise, seeing as how you said you'd be wearing a dress and all! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Mock Frodo lines: "There's an awful lot I didn't know about Samwise Gamgee...he's the chief conspirator and all, but the dress! Now that's really something! You can still surprise me, Sam!" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Cheers,
Lyta the Faux Frodo
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 05:32 PM   #71
Tuor Turambar,Cursed by the Valar
Wight

Tuor Turambar,Cursed by the Valar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yes, well anyway...
I doubt I will be able to see it when it opens [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
but I think I will see it about a week later, say, dec 26/27
sice i will probably get money to go on christmas

No, im not turin. Or tuor. Or anyone. I am not!
Tuor Turambar,Cursed by the Valar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 11:09 PM   #72
Rosie-Posey Sandybanks
Pile O'Bones

Rosie-Posey Sandybanks has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My LOTR experience will also begin on December 16 at 2:15 p.m. Three of my closest friends and I managed to get tickets to the marathon in my city. I'll pick one friend up at work at noon, pick up the other two friends right after that, and then go to the cinema to stand in line for good seats! Luckily, my finals are this week, so no school. Since I work for my school newspaper, there is no work during the holidays either, so I'm pretty much doing nothing these days! I was going to use this time to try and make an Arwen dress to go with my necklace, but my friends said they wouldn't be seen with me if I wore a costume, so there you go! I wish I could go with some of you guys who are going in costume! It would be a blast! Oh well! I'll be seeing ROTK at 11 p.m. on Dec. 16!
Old 12-11-2003, 12:26 AM   #73
Aredhel Ar-Feiniel
Haunting Spirit

Aredhel Ar-Feiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I will be doing some retail therapy with Everdawn, sobbing over how deprived we are of on-time entertainment, then sobbing becuase other chicks around the world will see Karl Urban in a new movie before we will. And then we will get some movies and ice-cream andwatch repeats of TTT and Ghost Ship in an attempt to satisfy ourselves.

Then we will play the waiting game till boxing day, which i cant even see ROTK 1st thing boxing day becuase im working at the Boxing Day sales so i will have to wait till night time!

At least we get Peter Pan on the 17 becuase ROTK is coming out then so it doesnt want competition with ROTK...