Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2011, 06:36 AM   #161
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
phantom, your character points about Mary, Boromir and the WK were quite helpful for my post, and I've briefly summarized them there. (Hope you don't mind Coldan's less than flattering opinion of Aldarion - it's all jealousy, of course.)

Nerwen, when you write dialogue for Coldan, would you mind giving him just a hint of an accent? And if you'd like anything about Asta modified, just say so.
Nah, that's great. And I've edited Coldan's previous dialogue to bring it in line with yours.

And Mnemo, my apologies for not doing more with Asta yet, but the last 24 hours have been quite difficult IRL. Although anyway, we at the Inn are just marking time, pretty much.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:51 AM   #162
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
I've dragged the sorry lot back to the waggons, only a few minutes late--hope that's alright with everyone. Hopefully, B88 will forgive my abusive use of his most noble character. --and anyone else I might've maligned.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:12 PM   #163
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Has it been specified- are we set up and practicing in the courtyard at the inn? (And what's the name of the inn?)
Old 03-11-2011, 12:41 PM   #164
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Mnemo: please consider my Amdír-explains-all post to Brinn as strictly provisional until and unless you decide that Brinn has been treated fairly. You may have intended her to already know the news of Elessar's attendance, or may have wanted to play this out differently. In any case, it's up for scrutiny.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #165
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Looks fine, Formy--I think my earlier post made it abundantly clear that Brinn doesn't quite realize how "big" the Players have gotten, or why any of the nobility would want to attend. She has had no clue about the King's being invited, or wanting to attend, or anything... and in fact, probably won't go into full-panic mode until a messenger of some sort shows up tomorrow (in game).

If everyone's ready to start the rehearsal, please do so without me; I'll post again when it's time for Brinn to do her Galadriel impression.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:43 PM   #166
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
the arrival of that messenger will I suppose be my next intervention...actually I think a full on, very obnoxious call from Lord Cirdacil plus retinue will be in order
Old 03-11-2011, 03:18 PM   #167
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Don't mind the treatment at all Form, but Branor might in the morning.

I was hoping to have the drunken Branor inform Aldarion about what he must do to Aragorn's part, but I'm running short on time and can't get anything done to my liking. Sorry, phantom, but don't worry Aldarion will have to deal with a Branor demanding changes to his part at some point.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:35 PM   #168
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Sorry, I'm too tired to write anything today, I'll try to make amends during the weekend.
Just in case the Mary/Merry question is discussed before I can post tomorrow: I probably don't need to tell you that Coldan will grasp at any chance to get rid of the Mary/Boromir romance like a drowning man at a straw, while on the other hand he won't want to offend Asta by arguing for her role to be cut out. There's a nice dilemma for him, I'm curious myself how he's going to deal with it.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:56 PM   #169
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm trying to move things along here, so I've started the rehearsal; anyone who wants to finish up their conversations beforehand can do so--I don't mind if our chronology in-game is a little fuzzy, and in the meantime I can always copy/paste later. I encourage any and all funny wrong play-isms.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #170
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I cross-posted with both Dim and Mnemo so I had to edit quite a lot when I was previewing my post but I hope it's ok now. Sereth seems more disturbed by the news than I expected. ps. I thought our game could do with a small teenage crush, Dimmy don't kill me.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:37 PM   #171
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Well done getting down to business, Mnemo; this Day has probably been prolonged enough already, and we'll have enough time left to discuss the situation over the following week. (Dim, thanks for picking up from my post - I was thinking we could perhaps assume that Harrenon had filled Coldan in between posts, but never mind, you couldn't have known that.)

Unfortunately, it's bedtime for me just as the rehearsal begins, but as Coldan doesn't have much text, that shouldn't be a problem. If anybody feels like making use of him, he's yours.

PS. - Lommy: LOL!

Last edited by Pitchwife; 03-12-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:55 PM   #172
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thumbs up

Ahahaha Fea. I like Therian because he's so disgusting.

This post is also just to say that I enjoy everybody's posts a lot. (And I'm amused that Pitch's character has a German accent!)
Old 03-12-2011, 10:06 PM   #173
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

phantom, I hope you don't mind that I rerailed the rehearsal (even though derailing it would have worked elegantly)--it's in Brinn's character, plus I need to get her back on-stage for the Sorceress scene long enough for her to sprain her ankle...

(It's the only way I can keep her from trying to fix the whole thing by herself.)
Old 03-12-2011, 11:23 PM   #174
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

No, no, I don't mind- I just wanted to encourage a spirit of panic, and wanted to establish that Aldarion in general is always very down on performing anything remotely recent. It's sort of his moment to say, "I told you! This is the sort of thing that can happen when one does not stick to fiction or ancient history!"
Old 03-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #175
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Nerwen, love: siggy.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:16 AM   #176
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Sorry! I've had literally no more than three hours' sleep in the past two days.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:27 AM   #177
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Obviously this is not an apocalyptic problem. Figured you just forgot. Hope life gets mellow again soon, full of good sleep and happy things...
Old 03-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #178
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Thanks! It's not that bad, really, it's mainly just that I've been working to a horrible deadline.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:02 AM   #179
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

loving it. The very short post exchange was funny and effective
Old 03-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #180
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

"Therian, you could take over the rôle?"

Old 03-14-2011, 05:26 PM   #181
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Highly amusing posts, everybody (especially Boro and Mnemo)! What a sorry lot we are!
Also, Nerwen and phantom, I love how Brinn's sprained ankle leads to the Houses of Healing. (Wasn't Esty going to do a Ioreth cameo, by the way?)

If somebody else would like to look for a healer, feel free - I just felt it was time for Coldan to do something useful for a change instead of just moping about Asta and feeling sorry for himself.

(Afterthought: just realized that if we're going to bring in Ioreth here one way or the other, we should take Brinn to the HoH after all - the old woman won't be so mobile any more. What do you think? I can change the end of my post, if we decide to do that.)
Old 03-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #182
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

and the herb-master (as the professor of the apothecaries is known by the vulgar), the most comic being in Middle-earth...
Old 03-14-2011, 06:46 PM   #183
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Just a guilty notice that I am reading along regularly, but have mostly avoided posting because Amdír would have but a small part during rehearsal, and I'm conserving my energies. However, if we're still rehearsing this time tomorrow (March 15th), I could probably add something--but don't delay the action on my account.

EDIT: Actually, if you want Amdír to be the one who leads the way to the Houses of Healing, that would be quite appropriate--feel free to have him do that, and anything related.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:23 AM   #184
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorry about the posting delay--the site was down when I wanted to post last night.

This is a friendly reminder that those who said they could post every day for two weeks should be doing so.

The ultimate goal, after all, is to finish this RPG successfully, and at the rate it's going, it's going to run over the original deadline. I don't want this to run on so long that everyone's schedules change and no one can post.

Once Brinn is safely treated at the Houses we should be ready to bring the day to a close, and I hope that the more free-form "for the next few days, everyone gather as much accurate information as possible" will help speed up in-game time.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #185
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

All-righty- new post up! Read it and decide if we're sending Amdir.

Also, I've made some slight alterations to the role list here (the top list "ROLES IN THE WAR OF THE RING DRAMA"). It should be more complete and realistic now (many characters listed in multiple minor roles).
Old 03-15-2011, 02:59 PM   #186
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Fine by me, but we'll have to wait till Formendacil stops by and see what he does.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:04 PM   #187
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
Fine by me, but we'll have to wait till Formendacil stops by and see what he does.
*cough*

Well, Amdír is unlikely to make the decision go or stay, given the way things have been set-up, without Brinn's say-so. One thing about him, he's good at taking direction.

And I don't mean that to flippantly escape posting... I honestly don't think I can post for him without that having been decided by "the powers that be." Amdír's not a leader, in the context of the theatre, and with things "stuck" at the moment, he'll wait for marching orders. He's a former soldier and servant, after all.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:25 PM   #188
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Writing post right now. Coldan wants to go, but I say don't let him. (I'm thinking about having something happen to him in the city, but this is not the time for it.)
Old 03-15-2011, 04:27 PM   #189
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Well with all the commotion you lot are making, I'm sure Branor can be aroused from his stupor...probably not too cheerful
Old 03-15-2011, 08:01 PM   #190
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Formendacil, I only just got back... I guess I was leaving the initiative with you and not Amdir--namely, if you want him to run off and grab it, then let Brinn tell him.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:44 AM   #191
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
Formendacil, I only just got back... I guess I was leaving the initiative with you and not Amdir--namely, if you want him to run off and grab it, then let Brinn tell him.
But that's so... OOC!

Apparently my instincts run in the direction of character-driven RP.

I shall post anon.

EDIT: Well, that turned out a lot longer-winded and backstory-driven than I anticipated... but it's done. We can have Amdír and Inbeth show up whenever--I don't think we need to see anything between my post and their return--but it opens the door for Ioreth appear later, if wanted.

Last edited by Formendacil; 03-16-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:49 AM   #192
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I haven't forgotten about this, though it may appear that way. Two people are on vacation in my office this week, and the work load hasn't obliged by slowing down. I'm reading, though.
I still think it would be interesting if Vëandur had a tangential encounter with Aldarion and tried to talk him out of his acting profession.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #193
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm ready to move everything to the next day, if our rehearsers are.

Formy, let me know if I wrote Amdir fine.

And so everyone knows, here's what I'm thinking of with the pair work...

The players will be investigating, at least for the next day, in pairs specifically chosen so that their self-interests don't dovetail into a nice little package. I'm almost certainly thinking Therian and Branor, since they've worked so well together already, but that's up to Fea and Boro. Coldan and Asta will be split up, if Brinn is not blind.

Further thoughts?

Last edited by Mnemosyne; 03-16-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:55 PM   #194
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I'm all for Therian and Branor.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:58 AM   #195
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Aye, I think so far the only people Therian and Branor would be able to put up with are...Therian and Branor.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:49 PM   #196
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemo
I'm ready to move everything to the next day, if our rehearsers are.
OK with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemo
Coldan and Asta will be split up, if Brinn is not blind.
Good idea, the poor fellow can do with some distraction. I think he'd get along reasonably well with Amdír or Harrenon - maybe Sereth too, but I guess she'd find him boring, he's not much good with kids. No idea what would happen if you teamed him up with Aldarion; I'd like Coldan to overcome his animosity towards A. in the end, but I feel he still has quite a way to go.

For planning purposes, how many Days (in-game) do you think we will be investigating? Just this coming one, or maybe two or three?
Old 03-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #197
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
I've had Harrenon ask Coldan whether he would like to join him in their search for information. I hope that's ok with you, Pitch. Of course, if you have other plans for Coldan you can have him say no.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:04 PM   #198
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

All right- Aldarion has just revealed part of his position on Branor to Asta. In case you need to write in reactions for Aldarion, he's agreeable to the fact-finding missions, and approves of the idea of pairing actors (to make sure no one fudges on his or her report).

When it comes to sending him off to find leads, Aldarion would probably do fine speaking with Tower Guards and certain nobles. Given what his family is in Dol Amroth, it's likely Aldarion could find a captain or two that met his father during the war. And if there are any theater-going influential sorts in the city, doubtless they saw or at least heard of The Swan Player's "Rise and Fall of the Golden King" in which Aldarion starred. And of course Aldarion definitely has an in with Cirdacil as a close friend of his son-in-law.

(I gave all that info so that someone can write me into their post(s) if need be. I'm not entirely certain when I'll be able to post tomorrow.)
Old 03-18-2011, 12:12 AM   #199
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ugh, I was going to move things to the next morning tonight, but I've been caught up in Application Woes and only just remembered this, and I have to be up and at 'em in 4 hours. Expect a post sometime around 10 or 11 am Eastern; in the meantime, anyone else who wants to move things ahead, please do.

As for how long the investigating should go, we'll need to give Aldarion time to work up the script and ourselves time to rehearse. So I'd say two days of this kind of work.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:47 AM   #200
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I haven't forgotten about this, though it may appear that way. Two people are on vacation in my office this week, and the work load hasn't obliged by slowing down. I'm reading, though.
I still think it would be interesting if Vëandur had a tangential encounter with Aldarion and tried to talk him out of his acting profession.
Can I say, I so want you to do this, perfect time with the troupe out investigating and Aldarion getting the script together.

P.S. Nerwen I died reading your last post, but died in a good way.