The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-16-2008, 10:33 PM   #1
Morgoth's Apprentice
Animated Skeleton

Location: In Angband, chillin with Morgoth and learning how to take over the world
Morgoth's Apprentice has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morgoth's Apprentice
Dark-Eye Times in MIddle-Earth where use of the F word is considered acceptable for use

So funny story guys..this is the last time I let my sister TOUCH my forum AGAIN! I'm guarding my password like I'd guard, well...Morgoth. So..sorry bout that..if i had have known she would post this...stuff...I never would have let her on this. Believe me when I say this, because I have infinitely more respect for Tolkien than this. I hope this does not get deleted before you all read this. If you are curious about what she wrote, feel free to send me a message. Otherwise, I'm taking ODDWEN's idea and posting a new thread about times where putting on the ring would be acceptable. Thanks,
Morgoth's Apprentice

Last edited by Morgoth's Apprentice; 05-19-2008 at 05:39 PM. Reason: my sister's a blonde thats why..sorry bout the..umm..stuff that she posted
Morgoth's Apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:44 PM   #2
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
The Barrow-Downs' policy is to keep all posts on the forum family-friendly. That includes the choice of language. Abbreviating or blanking out obviously inappropriate words does not make them acceptable. Loving Tolkien's works does not keep us from enjoying good fun with them, but let's keep the language at a level that is in accordance with his own high standards.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:12 AM   #3
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
...to make it more fitting, what about a topic entitled "Times in Middle-Earth When Putting On the Ring Was Acceptable"?

Such as:

1. Morgoth, to escape Ungoliant
2. Luthien, when she danced in Doriath
3. Bilbo, to avoid the Sackville-Bagginses
4. Legolas, to attempt to beat Gimli's dead orc score by stealth
5. Hama, at Helm's Deep, to avoid being killed at the gate
6. Grima in Edoras, to confound any who wished to know just what the matter with Theoden was and why he kept hearing "The Voice"!
7. Saruman, when he ruled the Shire, to avoid any nassssty hobbits and their vile mercy

etc.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:37 AM   #4
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Nice idea, Oddwen - why don't you begin a new thread with that idea, as this one will be closed soon.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote