Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-04-2003, 04:46 AM   #761
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

"KARAOKE!" someone screams.
"Yay!" I think. "Back on stage I go!"

"I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in
and stops my mind from wandering
where it will go
I'm filling the cracks that ran though the door
and kept my mind from wandering
where it will go

And it really doesn't matter if I'm wrong
I'm right where I belong
I'm right where I belong
See the people standing there
who disagree and never win
and wonder why they don't get in my door

I'm painting my room in a colorful way,
and when my mind is wandering
there I will go

And it really doesn't matter if I'm wrong
I'm right where I belong
I'm right where I belong
Silly people run around
they worry me and never ask me
why they don't get past my door

I'm taking my time for a number of things
that weren't important yesterday
and I still go

I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in
where it will go
where it will go
I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in
where it will go"

Meanwhile, several Gondorians are trying to do just that...

Old 05-04-2003, 05:23 AM   #762
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The morning found Mr. Bracegirdle by the main door handing out steaming breakfast plates to the security guards. “Got to keep you boys well fed so you can keep a sharp lookout!” The press members gathered looking hopefully at him, but Mr. Bracegirdle only scowled “Be off with you aleady! You carrion crows!”

A low rumbling was heard shortly, and the sound of horse hooves. The orcs reluctantly abandoned their breakfast to investigate. A team of large draft horses were seen coming up the hill with a man walking along side of them. As the horses drew closer it became apparent that they were towing a very large wooden rabbit behind them (and a hastily constructed one at that).

The orcs approached the man and asked what this was all about. “I’ve been told that I’m to deliver this here present to this address. A hobbit lady said that someone would be here to receive it for her.”

“Oh, that would be me then, wouldn’t it?” exclaimed Mr. Bracegirdle. “Seems my Hilde and her friends back home banded together to get a present the Barrow-Wight, this being such a special anniversary.”

This caused a commotion among the guards, with much heated debate. Mr. Bracegirdle waited patiently and listened closely. After some time it was decided that the ” present” would be allowed if it could fit though the metal detector….

Inside Mrs. Bracegirdle was visible agitated. She was pacing up and down singing quietly to herself.

Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go there will be trouble
An' if I stay it will be double
So come on and let me know

Beware of hobbits bearing gifts!
Old 05-04-2003, 05:25 AM   #763
Laiquendi
Animated Skeleton

Laiquendi has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The sound of drunken singing worked it's way into her head. She groaned and lifted her head, blinkng sleeply. That mudwater's good stuff. she thought, wondering what excitment she had missed.
She looked around, again feeling left out. She stood up, and hoping that her legs would last she walked out of the room, leaving the her fellow BDer's to have more drunken fun.

I amar prestar aen, Han mathon ne nen, Han mathon ne chae, A han noston ned wilith.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:41 AM   #764
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Eye

"Helkha,.....er, Anuion, you're in trouble. Not only did you steal fireworks, but also words from Bethberry's mouth.... Plus, there's all this mess you made in the Hall." She pointed upward at the prominent hole through which rain was coming in pelting sheets.

"If I had my way, I'd call over the Orc guards and have you dragged off to the Lockholes in the Shire to spend time thinking about your miserable misdeeds. But to tell the truth, I don't trust those security guards. Ending up as lunch in an Orc's stomach does seem like a harsh punishment."

"So this is what I've decided. I expect you to present yourself at the Green Dragon or the White Horse next week after the party, and spend some time washing dishes. Someone is going to have to fix this mess, and you'll need to earn the money to pay for that!"

And with those words, Cami left a laughing Anuion

"Sure thing Cami. Ill be there." Anuion exclaimed happily.

He did not care; he just set of a table skywards and learned that he could disapparate. On the dance floor Lyra was starting a karaoke. Always nice. Anuion waited for his turn and then stepped up.

Blasting a table up in the sky
Everybody was waving by
Balrog wings al over the place
Cami came with a steady pace

Now I have to go to Bree
Cami found out about me
"Your punishment" Cami states
You will clean up all the plates

That hole in the ceiling is mighty big
I can't believe your head is so thick
What has gotten into you?
Cause I don't really have a clue

Someone’s going to pay for that
Not just by holding up a hat
Expensive is this very hall
And you just don't go have a ball

Next I am going to die
They will set my butt up in the sky
I will leave this place by rocket power
But oh does Aman smell like a flower

Although the ending was weird and totally off-topic with the story (of course) people applauded and Anuion stepped of the stage so that the next artist could step up and perform her tricks for the audience.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:52 AM   #765
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Hello Neisa," replied Elentari. "Yes, I am the Spider Slayer of Mirkwood. I'm glad to know the free peoples of Middle Earth know they are safe from such beasts as the Spiders."

"Yes," replied Neisa. "Word of mouth is a wonderful thing, Elentari. We have even heard of the dragon..."

"Ah," said Elentari. "Well, it has caused much destruction. More so than that of the Spiders. I will not rest after this part until I have made sure of its death. I have a band of brave fighters to accompany me, so Middle Earth will be safe yet again." Elentari sipped some more Lemon juice. "Have you tried this Lemon juice? It's delicious!"
Old 05-04-2003, 07:05 AM   #766
Alatariel Telemnar
Shade of Carn Dûm

Alatariel Telemnar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Alatariel Telemnar
Silmaril

Alatariel, awoken by the singing, sits upright on the couch. She walks over to a table and gets a soda.

'Poor ye. Ye're tied to someone who's been photographed trying to shave their hand... My condolences.'
Old 05-04-2003, 07:13 AM   #767
Nuinatariel
Haunting Spirit

Nuinatariel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Near the back of the room, Lëowen reappeared in a small puff of smoke. No one seemed to notice her abrupt reappearance, because at that moment, someone yelled out "KARAOKE!!"

"This should be interesting," thought Lëowen as she made her way to the front of the room to watch.
Old 05-04-2003, 07:19 AM   #768
Alatariel Telemnar
Shade of Carn Dûm

Alatariel Telemnar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Alatariel Telemnar
Silmaril

Alatariel, sipping her soda, saw that a crowd had been forming on the other side of the room, around where she had been awaken by the singing. Walking towards there she saw a few groups chatting off to the side. Walking towards the stage, she heard Anuion finishing his song.

'Poor ye. Ye're tied to someone who's been photographed trying to shave their hand... My condolences.'
Old 05-04-2003, 07:25 AM   #769
Laiquendi
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Lalaith returned to the room. Instead of sitting in a dark corner she went straight to the bar.
"A Sauron Slammer", she said to the bartender, who handed a red coloured shot. She downed it in one and turned to see who else was in the room.

I amar prestar aen, Han mathon ne nen, Han mathon ne chae, A han noston ned wilith.
Old 05-04-2003, 07:39 AM   #770
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Cami watched Anuion disappear go up on stage, after promising to visit one of the Inns and pay off his debt to society by washing dishes for several days. The lad had also agreed to put up a temporary patch on the ceiling so that the worst of the indoor rain could be halted.

She'd have to remember to tell Bethberry or Pio to keep a eye out for Anuion after the party ended. Better yet, she'd get Aylwen or Aman to ride out on horseback with a special pm summons and retrieve the youth by the scruff of the collar and drag him over to help.

There would certainly be a lot of dirty dishes left after this party. Rumor had it that the Downs' administrators had been too frugal to pay the Orcs for anything other than security duty, Plus, they'd had certain legitimate reservations about the Orcs' ability to handle fine china. Whatever the reason, the Downs would be woefully short of paid clean-up staff. Among the hobbits attending the bash, rumor had it that all the dirty plates and cups and glasses were eventually to be shipped over to the kitchen of the Green Dragon Inn, while the cutlery would end up in White Horse.

Cami had never liked doing dishes, and today was no exception. Plus, both the Inns were a bit more Tolkien-true than this party, and neither of them even owned a mechanical dishwasher. You'd think Mithadan would have remembered to put in such machines at the Hall! Cami thought it might be prudent if she kept out an eye for other evildoers and sentenced them to a stint in the Dragon to assist her and the other Innkeepers in this dreadful chore.

Maybe Angara could even help. She'd ask the Wyrm to puff up to her largest size and prowl the hall looking for likely "victims" to invite for a correctional stint in the Inn kitchens. Peering about the Hall, Cami could see any number of possible invitees. There were drunk and disorderly Men and Elves lolling about here and there, as well as several standing up on tables to sing who might be justly collared for "disturbing the peace."

With this thought in mind, she began meandering about the party site, looking for likely victims.

[ May 04, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 05-04-2003, 07:39 AM   #771
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Sting

Arien lifted her head up from the bar and stared around. The party was in full swing now and there was a hole in the roof. Rain poured through but no- one seemed to care that much. She shook her head and the floor was littered with gems. Opps, never mind. She thought to her self as she downed the rest of the red wine in front of her. She looked around the bar, a few drunk people sat sprawled, sleeping.

Someone sat down next to her and asked for a Sauron Slammer, quite a disgusting drink in Arien's opinion, but hey whatever rocked her boat. She turned to face the stranger who had asked for the drink.

"Hello..." said Arien sheepishly.
Old 05-04-2003, 07:53 AM   #772
Laiquendi
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Lalith looked around, hearing a voice nearby. She was slightly drunk still, despite her walk in the rain.
She turned and grinned at the stranger.
"Hel... Hello" she turned to the bartender. "Another please and one for this friendly person here.... unless she would like something diffrent"
She turned back to Arien and held out her hand, trying to stop her head from spinning.
"Lalaith at your service"

Old 05-04-2003, 08:06 AM   #773
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

"Hey Lalaith, you look a bit .... errr .... tipsy?" it wasn't a very good introduction, but then Arien was never good at that.

"Yes, yes..."

"Im Arien, maia of the sun e.c.t, e.c.t. So enjoying the party?" Lalaith nodded. "So is this your first downs party? Yeah its mine to..." this wasn't going well Arien was always rubbish at speaking. She looked around the room, she could see Cami talking to a rowdy bunch of elves who decided it would be funny to have a water fight right next to the electrics. She turned back round to face Lalaith who had just ordered another drink. "You know I dont think that getting absolutely slaughtered will do anything good, apart from giving you a enormous hangover..." Arien said as she ordered another bottle of red wine.
Old 05-04-2003, 08:10 AM   #774
Laiquendi
Animated Skeleton

Sting

She grinned. Following Arien's gaze.
"Yes, your right, i really shouldn't drink any more"

She looked at the hole in the ceiling.
"Wow when did that happen, i must have passed out"
She turned back to the bar and pushed the drink away from her.

Arien smiled. Lalaith turned to her.
"Again good idea, i think i'll lay off the slammers AND the mudwater, wine seems a good choice"

[ May 04, 2003: Message edited by: Laiquendi ]

Old 05-04-2003, 08:47 AM   #775
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

"yes, wine is much better......And about that hole, I think someone had a little accident with a firework..." she said grinning a Lalaith. Out of the corner of her eye Arien could see that the buffet table was being stocked up with food.

"Care for some food?" Arien asked," maybe that will take your mid off the drink!"

"Yes ok," she replied and the two got up and walked over to the buffet cart, each taking a plate they started to pick out their food.
Old 05-04-2003, 08:52 AM   #776
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

Poppy collapsed wearily in a chair to observe the goings-on. She hadn’t even done much dancing, or drinking, but the party was simply moving too fast for the young hobbit to keep up with it all. Scurrying about the room, it was all she could do not to be trodden underfoot by the twirling and dancing elves and humans, and for a lot of them, it was all they could do to keep themselves upright.

Daerohil had soon disappeared off into the midst of the party after a short chat. Other than that, Poppy couldn’t see any other sober people, or even anyone able to pretend to be so. Every now and then, she saw a glimmer of white light as Lush passed through the crowd, or a clanking of pans as the Saucepan Man danced with someone.

Leaning back in her chair, she peered through the crowd. Out of the corner of her eye she saw…no, it couldn’t be. Not on heaven or earth would this hobbit ever attend a Barrowdowns Birthday Party, knowing the shenanigans likely to be going on…but it was. Poppy abruptly crawled under the table as Lousewart Chastitybelt stood nearby, looking dazed and quite bewildered about where she was.

“I haven’t even been in the Shire for a few years, and I’d still know that scowling face a mile away,” mumbled Poppy. “Why is she here? Probably trying to assassinate Dr Maril, most likely…wish I’d been there when she read that article…” Giggling quietly to herself at the image of the Garden Club hiding with guns at the ready, Poppy crawled out from the other side of the table and attempted to run off to the bar, before a lecture on not coming home to her family was imminent.

“Poppy Took, is that you!” she heard from behind her, as she moved between the people swaying to the music or to the influence of alcohol. Soon out of sight, she burst out laughing, and ordered a vodka at the bar, cautiously keeping an eye out for Angara, who seemed to be looking for victims, or Lousewart, whichever was worse.
Old 05-04-2003, 08:58 AM   #777
Laiquendi
Animated Skeleton

Sting

She looked at the food in front of her. Carefully avoiding the lembas she started to pick at bits.
"Had too much lembas recently" she muttered to herself. She turned to see too hobbits nearby. The room started spinning, she had drank more than she had thought. She felt a hand on her shoulder, steadying her.
"You okay?" Arien asked.
"Yes, i think so. I just turned a bit too quickly"
She grinned, "I'll be okay once i've eaten"

Old 05-04-2003, 09:16 AM   #778
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Liriodendron has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Liri carefully tiptoed into the party. "Far Out!" she murmured in amazment.
There were all sorts of Barrow Downers, in various states of consciousness, strewn about like flotsam and jetsam. Liri knew she had given up the Gaffer's mushrooms several years ago, but wondered if perhaps this was some sort of flashback.
There's even a pot..er..Panhead over there! she gasped. Liri felt a strong desire to meditate, so she grabbed some chairs and set up her incense burners, and spread some tapestries. (the dogs playing poker, her favorites!) After a few minutes of patchouli inhalation, Liri was able to 'center' and focus. "They've got to do something about that hole in the roof!" she thought.

[ May 04, 2003: Message edited by: Liriodendron ]
Old 05-04-2003, 09:25 AM   #779
Laiquendi
Animated Skeleton

Silmaril

She grinned again and ate something that looked rometly like meat, though she wasn't sure. She saw a new commer meditating.
I wonder if that helps if your drunk? she thought, tempted to sit on the floor where she was and try it. She decided against it, not wanting to pass out again on the now very wet floor. She grinned again as she looked at the celing, wishing she had been awake to see it happen.

Old 05-04-2003, 09:38 AM   #780
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Rytien appeared again in a cloud of green smoke, and laughed histerically as she watched Anuion get in trouble. Cami had ordered him to scrub pots! This was the coolest party.

She then began playing air guitar as she screamed the words to Little Things, but stopped when she heard Anuion's screeshing voice rise up above the talking from the stage. He was singing his own little song...and it almost rhymed! She was amazed.

Rytien waited until Anuion was done, then strolled over to punch him in the ribs. "So, you'll be washing dishes, eh? Eh? Mwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!" Rytien stood there laughing maniacally for a moment until Anuion punched her in the gut. Then, coming back to reality she murmured, "Er. Sorry."

"Uh. What is with this party. It confuses me..."
Old 05-04-2003, 09:46 AM   #781
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Menelien was dead tired, having danced through the night under the hole in the ceiling until somebody had come by to close it up (she had meant to punch that someone, but the alcohol she had drunk was 'beginning' to take efffect, so she only managed a small kick at the air and then a flop onto the rather wet floor.) She got up, dried off her dress, said hi to The Evenstar, who, it seemed, had only just arrived, and once again wandered off to re-do her make-up. She was still do drunk to manage to apply anything near her eyes without- well, doing something painful, so she just tinted herself with a bit of lip gloss, and put a bit of blush on her pale (I thought you were supposed to turn red when drunk, but no matter to that) cheeks, did up her hair in a style that might be called a beautiful name like 'pile of leaves', and walked out to look for somebody to talk to or, even better, dance with.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:54 AM   #782
Laiquendi
Animated Skeleton

Silmaril

Lalaith wandered back over to the bar, despite saying she wouldn't drink anymore she loved those Sauron Slammers. There was a certian taste to them that made them slightly addictive. She gave in to her will and ordered another one. After all it was a party.
She was dissapointed when someone came to close up the hole in the celing. She was starting to like the idea of it.

Old 05-04-2003, 10:10 AM   #783
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

"Not much Rytien. It has reached 20 and will maybe need to be reopened hahaahhaa. Oh I'd be careful with punching me and laughing about my dishwashing job. Cami is on the hunt for others and I think she will be pleased to add you to the list. So I suggest you be nice to me or I might let something slip." Anuion said with a hint.

"Is that a threat elfboy?" Rytien replied while flashing one of her hidden dagger very fast.

"No dear Rytien. It's a promise."

Anuion patted his chest with his ring and the sound of encountering iron rang trough in the ears of Rytien, who understood what he was pointing at.

"So what should we do now?"
Old 05-04-2003, 10:12 AM   #784
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Suddenly Menelien noticed the karaoke. Well, she thought, nobody will be able to tell if I'm off-tune or not at an on-screen party... but what to sing? What to sing? Ah... there's that song I wrote for the Downs at 3 in the morning... I already sang it here, but hey, that was pages ago, really! So Menelien waited her turn patiently, and once again sang:

The Barrow Downs have just turned three-
They are three years into the grave.
There are so many posters and wonderful mods-
They’re all learning to do the wave.

So yell a drunken hooray for the Barrow Downs!
Give with slurred voices a mighty cheer!
Give a cheer for the Barrow Downs,
And the three years it’s been here!

All of us here have some toasts to raise,
To B-W who made this true,
And though others tell us we don’t have lives,
We don’t care, with the Downs, we’ll never be blue!

She had, of course, written some more pieces since, but apparently some people had good enough hearing tobe able to tell that she was off-tune even while online, so she was pushed quickly off of the stage.
Old 05-04-2003, 10:20 AM   #785
Laiquendi
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Hearing the song she turned to get up. It looked like fun. She got half way across the dance floor, when her legs finally gave way. She lay on the wet floor, laughing for no apparent reason (except that she was drunk).
She looked around at the feet of those who were dancing, trying to stand up again she only managed to sit. So she started to hum where she was.

Old 05-04-2003, 10:24 AM   #786
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting

"Sorry" Eärwen said to whoever she ran into and scurried off. She loved the rain but she didn't want to get wet. Later people were dancing in the rain and Eärwen decided to go join them. She danced a little while.
"KAREOKE!!!!!!!!" someone yelled. Eärwen smiled. Maybe I might sing later. She went over to the bar.
"Can I get some red wine" She asked.
"Here you go" he said givving her a glass.
She drained it quickly and sat down to decide what song she would sing.
Old 05-04-2003, 10:32 AM   #787
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Running off the stage, Lyra spotted Rytien and Anuion standing together. Anuion had soap suds from the washing up in his hair. Lyra burst out laughing at him.
"Serves you right for exploding the balrog wings when everyone knows BALROGS DON'T HAVE WINGS. Not to mention without me. So what are you two up to now?"

From the corner of her ear Lyra heard "Twist and Shout" start to play and pulled Rytien onto the dancefloor, where they started dancing around some luckily positioned handbags.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 05-04-2003, 10:39 AM   #788
Laiquendi
Animated Skeleton

Silmaril

She crawled back to the bar, climbing up on a bar stool, she ordered another Sauron Slammer.
"And get anyone else who wants one... the same.. the same drink" she shouted, her words slightly slurred.
She watched everyone dancing to 'Twist and Shout', for a few minutes then passed out on the bar again.

((ooc: g2g but feel free to use my character [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ))

Old 05-04-2003, 10:46 AM   #789
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

The dance with Alasse ended, and the Elf slipped away through the crowd, murmuring something about finding her brother. Firramer turned and went back to the table where he had first found that company of three. Lifting the tablecloth, he found Rie and Nuru sitting together, talking and laughing. "Hello," he said, smiling at them.

"Oh, oh, good, it's you, Firramer," said Nuru. "Rie is going to dance with you now."

"Is she?" said Firramer, stammering a little. "Well... all right." He took Rie's hand and led her out onto the dance floor, hoping the music wouldn't change from its slow pace.

Nuru scrambled out from under the table and began to wander about the Hall, looking for her dance partner... Rie's brother.
Old 05-04-2003, 10:50 AM   #790
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting

Eärwen decided on a song by the request of Shopia. We go together from the movie Grease. Eärwen walked on to the stage and started singing.(She was only slightly drunk!)

We go together like ramma lamma lamma ka dinga da dinga dong
Remembered forever as shoo-bop sha whada whadda yippidy boom da boom
Chang chang changity chang shoo bop that's the way it should be
Waooo Yeah

We're one of a kind like dip da dip da dip do whap de dobby do
Our names are signed like boogy boogy boogy boogy shooby shoo wap shoo wap
Chang chang changity chang shoo bop we'll always be like one
Wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-one

When we go out a night (oh oh)
And stars are shining bright (oh, oh)
Up in the skies above
Or at the high school dance
Where you can find romance maybe it might be oh, oh, oh, oh, oh oh, oh

Ramma lamma lamma ka dingity ding da dong
Shoo bop shoo wadda wadda yippity boom da boom
Chang chang changity chang shoo bop
Yip da dip da dip shoo bop sha dooby do
Boogy boogy boogy boogy shooby sho wap sho wap
Sha na na na na na na na yippity dip da do
Ramma lamma lamma ka dingity ding da dong
Shoo bop shoo wadda wadda yippity boom sha boom
Chang chang changity chang shoo bop
Yip da dip da dip shoo bopp sha dooby do
Boogy boogy boogy boogy shooby sho wap sho wap
Sha na na na na na na na yippity dip da do
A womp bop a looma a womp bam boom

We're for each other like womp bop a looma a womp bam boom
Just like my brother is sha na na na na na na na yippity dip da do
Chang chang changity chang shoo bop we'll always be together
Waooo Yeah!

We'll always be together
We'll always be together
We'll always be together
We'll always be together
We'll always be together
We'll always be together
We'll always be together

She quickly hoped of the stange laughing after the song was over. She went and got some more Red Wine and Lembas.
Old 05-04-2003, 10:54 AM   #791
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Sophia drifted comfortably back into consciousness. She was so warm... Her eyes snapped open suddenly as she glanced at her wristwatch. Shaking her head she realized she'd slept through half a day of partying. It won't do, she thought, it simply will not do. Pushing Fin's arm off her she crawled off the sofa and stood up.

She looked down at Fin, sleeping with his face squashed at a very unusual angle, and briefly contemplated folding up the sofa bed with him still inside it. She grinned at the thought, but knew she wouldn't do it. Instead she flung a cloak over him and kissed him on the forehead. She'd come back and check later to see if he was awake.

Feeling much clearer of head (and no hangover- marvellous this party!) Sophia wandered into the Ladies' to see exactly what the damage to her costume was. Surveying herself in a full length mirror, her eyes travelled in horror from the crushed flowers to the bloodshot eyes to the wrinkled and sagging gown. She looked like she hadn't changed her clothes in a month.

She shrugged, the only costume she'd seen that still looked as good as when it came in was Lush's glowing white. But her aura seemed to be slipping off slowly, like an unbalanced halo. Sophia supposed it didn't matter.

Wandering back into the main hall she noticed the newly patched roof and the prowling Cami. Grinning she moved to the opposite side of the room. Karaoke it seemed was the order of business. She picked up an orange juice and settled in to watch. Earwen was doing a beautiful little number from Grease, if a little off key. Sophia gave her a standing ovation, cheering at the top of her lungs, before looking around to see everyone turned to stare at her. She closed her mouth and sat back down.

[ May 04, 2003: Message edited by: Sophia the Thunder Mistress ]
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 05-04-2003, 11:00 AM   #792
Airerûthiel
Wight

Airerûthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Neisa shook her head. "No, I am afraid not. Mead is more my drink of choice, even on these occasions. But I shall sample a little lemon juice, purely on your recommendation." She shouted her order across the bar in a voice like silver bells and downed the last of her shot glass of mead.

"I am interested to hear more about you," said Elentari as a waiter brought over another two glasses of lemon juice. "There is more to you than meets the eye, and I for one would like to know of it."

Neisa sipped her drink. The tangy flavour hit her in a wave of citrus scents, but after the initial sharpness of the drink the sugar began to kick in, giving it a rather pleasant aftertaste. She then answered Elentari's request.

"On the surface I am nought but the only daughter of a well-to-do Riddermark family. My father Tycyn is a high-ranking member of the Rohirrim cavalry, and my mother Brecia was of good family also. I have an elder twin brother, Ginyc, but according to our parents we were born with the wrong personalities. I am the warrior one, the adventure-seeker, never content with the life of my mother. He is the one who wants to settle down to a farmer's life and marry a village girl."

Perhaps a little clichéd, thought Elentari, but interesting nonetheless. She then guessed at the next part of the girl's life. "I presume you ran away because you felt pressured into being what you were not?"

Neisa nodded in response. "Once I learnt to ride and fight with the sword, I quickly grew tired of what I saw my mother's world consisted of. My father and brother have never been particularly concerned by my personality - they agreed to just let me be who I was - but my mother saw me as a sign of social embarrassment. I think my rushing in late to an important dinner dressed in boy's clothes and covered in mud from riding was the straw that broke the camel's back." She smiled at the memory, and then continued.

"When she died giving birth to my younger brother, who we also lost that day, my father went into a state of mourning. He handed his position in the Rohirrim over to my brother, who of course was ill-suited to such a post, and then left me to do what I would. But although in my heart I desire adventure and a chance to prove myself to be as strong as the Lady Éowyn of Rohan, my duty lies with my family. I was left no choice but to tend to my father as his sickness grows stronger. It was all I could do to tear myself away and come to this party.

"But tell me a little more of yourself. I know the tales of your life, but I am curious to hear of the one of whom Bragolhirwen of the Rocconinquë spoke so highly."
Old 05-04-2003, 11:01 AM   #793
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
1420!

"Did I think that out loud?" Lush thought to herself, after she realized she actually went as far as to wound her friend-the Saucepan Man, all for a cheap play on words that would have been the Punwraith howl in derision (assuming wraiths can howl).

Lush tsk-tsked herself properly and thoroughly, then went back to tallying up the atrocities that were accumulating around her faster than journalistic gadlfies on a human-interest story (no offense to the sublime Mer and X, naturally): she distinctly remembered some romantic kissing in the moonlight, as well as a pronounced criticism on drinking that had issued forth for the lips of some Elven archer's wife or other. My my, weren't these people thinking of their reputations? At all? My God, someone might actually think they were innocent! Didn't they know that innocence was the square property of Lush? Assuming Lush could somehow be a square? Nobody could blame her for not trying.
Old 05-04-2003, 11:13 AM   #794
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Manardariel snatched the mic back. "Ahem. I have another song I´d like to..present. You may the tune, but I changed them. To a hymn to the Downs."

So I find a reason to go online
Each single morning
So I stopped to go out Friday nights
and am alwys tired
In church on Sundays
The phone bill grows
And mom yells “Damn sign out”
To maybe just save a little money

Chorus:
You're the site I need
The way online is never long
But if you're close to me I'm holding on
You're the site I need
My real life has just begun
Cause there's nothing like green letters on black

So I learned type and finally loose
My Forum Phobia
And so I got the siter to flee
When there's a ghost or a news
That brings insomnia
To join RPGs
To write more happy songs
It always takes a little help from someone

Chorus 2X

You're the site I need
You're the site I need
My real life has just begun
Cause
You're the site I need
You're the site I need

Nothing like green letters on black

Nothing like your posts
Nothing like your posts
Nothing like your posts
Old 05-04-2003, 11:15 AM   #795
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

"What should we do now?"

Rytien was about to answer when she was pulled onto the dancefloor by Lyra. They danced to 'the Twist and Shout' with handbags or smoething, then she popped back to Anuion.

"I was thinking food fight."
Old 05-04-2003, 11:26 AM   #796
Nuinatariel
Haunting Spirit

Nuinatariel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

"Argh! The off-key music...ooh, Balrog wings!" cried Lëowen, having grown bored of listening to kareoke. Quickly she followed the waiter carrying the platter of food. The waiter stopped for a moment and Lëowen took the opportunity to snatch a few balrog wings off the platter. Grabbing a plate, she sat down on a somewhat-wet vacant chair to enjoy her food.
Old 05-04-2003, 11:32 AM   #797
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Angara was relishing her new position as a one-wyrm posse. Her first victims for the Green Dragon dishwashing squad were a group of Elves who'd been conducting water fights near one of the coolers. She proudly led them back to Cami who had made sure to choose a spot in close proximity to the buffet table.

Angara's eyes whirled with pleasure as she turned in the culprits. The dragon proudly blew out small puffs of fire and smoke as Cami wrote down the Elves' names in her register and promised they'd be hearing from her quite soon. After finishing a hearty dinner of char-broiled balrog's wings and smoked eel pie, Cami dusted off her skirts and went roaming about the hall looking for additional victims. This was more fun than she'd had all day.

With a sly grin, she nodded to Earwen and issued the Elf an honorary dishwashing citation for singing slightly off tune, and for not having her revised profile and post into Elentari's game. Then she went on the prowl once more. She had earlier caught a glimpse of Rytien, seemingly giving his friend Anuion a very hard time. Waiting until Rytien finished dancing with Lyra, she sprang upon the lad, victoriously holding a pen and notepad aloft.

"I've got you now," the hobbit chortled with glee, as she wrote Rytien's name down on the list of future dishwashers. Then she waved goodbye and told him to have a nice time at the party.

Finally, she and Angara stood just to the right of the Hall's entrance and looked on in puzzlement, both scratching their heads at the strange events that were unfolding before them. A gigantic wooden rabbit was being dragged inside by two hobbits who claimed to go by the name of Bracegirdle. The couple had hitched the wooden figure up to a team of drafthorses. Cami did not like the feel of any of this, but couldn't put her finger on exactly what was wrong. The carved wooden rabbit on wheels was supposedly a gift for the Barrow-wight.

Wasn't there some kind of old saying about "Beware Hobbits Bearing Gifts?" She strained her head to try and remember exactly where she'd heard that. The giant rabbit made its rumbling way inside the Hall and was instantly pushed into a side corridor by its hobbit handlers.

Cami was about to issue the Bracegirdles a dishwashing citation for obstructing the hallway when the rabbit suddenly vanished from sight. There was a cloudy veil of fog, and then nothing. It was as if the statue and handlers had dropped off the face of Arda. Cami and Angara's eyes met in confusion, as they raced up to investigate the spot from which everything had disappeared. Cami poked around hoping to find some clue to explain exactly what had happened.

[ May 04, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 05-04-2003, 11:43 AM   #798
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

When Diamond saw herself in the mirror, she went through the 5 stages of feminine self-consciousness. It began with horror, proceeded with embarrassment, followed closely by frustration, tagged by consternation, and included resolution as an afterthought.

She was covered in soot, her white tank top no longer deserving the adjective “white”. Her normally pristine complexion was smudged with a sickly gray sheen and her eyes looked a tad bloodshot, from all those mixed drinks she’d been imbibing. Let’s not even get into what her hair looked like, but you can imagine this had a large part to do with the consternation faze.

It didn’t take long before resolution kicked in, however, and so a few hours later Diamond had rectified her appearance as one can only do in an online roleplay. All vestiges of soot were gone, her hair once again looked like something from a shampoo commercial, and her diamonds were causing the tiles around her to pulsate with an unearthly glow. As for the clothes, she had made a quick trip out to her Lamborghini Diablo to fetch a change of party habiliments.

Since she recalled the invitation saying there would be a gala awards show starting sometimes in the near future, she decided on a more formal attire this time out. Therefore, as she surveyed the endless options in her trunk, she settled on a royal purple dress and a pair of high heels. One just doesn’t show up at an awards ceremony in denim, anyway, no matter how well one wears it. The dress was in vaguely the same style as her former outfit, the skirt being about the same length and the top being sleeveless with a chic (of course) jacket thrown over for good measure. But hey, it was purple.

These lengthy preening rituals completed, she exited the powder room and took up position in the shadows to unobtrusively observe what was going on.
Old 05-04-2003, 11:48 AM   #799
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

With a giggle Lyra appeared behind Rytien and Anuion in a puff of smoke. Then she realied that that had been suspiciously like magic and glanced around for cami. Luckily she seemed to be staring at some sort of wooden rabbit. There's a hippo at the party, Lyra thought with a shrug. Rabbits are practically normal!

"...food fight" she heard Rytien say, then 'Ahem'ed loudly. She put her hands on her hips.
"I did ask you two to include me this time" she said as they looked round, and then down.
"I only just forgave you for killing me, Anuion. So what's the plan?"
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 05-04-2003, 11:50 AM   #800
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

"Nah to obvious. We must do it covert. Maybe we could poison the DJ? That way Mithadan will have to put in one of the Mod's to play the music. Or we could drug Cami. I believe that is it. If we drug Cami, she will be out for a long time and within that time, we can take that list of hers."

"Yes but she has a little helper." Lyra said suddenly.

"She is your responsibility."

"What do you suggest I do with her Rytien?"

"Well, if Anuion opens the firework shed again. You could go in. If she steps in to catch you, you run out and Anuion will close the door. We will just keep her there until we are finished with Cami."

"Well sounds like a plan to me!" Anuion exclaimed happily.

"Let's put an end to Cami's Dishwashing terror."