The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2010, 07:58 PM   #601
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
1420!

Congratulations, Brinn!

Here's to at least eight more.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:51 PM   #602
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Congrats, Brinniel!
Old 06-07-2010, 11:34 PM   #603
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ooh, yay for Brinn! Zil, only eight more? Really? I was thinking somewhere in the vicinity of, I don't know, eternity.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:51 AM   #604
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Happy deathday, Brinn! That's wonderful - such a long time, the 'Downs are really an inseparable part of your life now. Many more!!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:01 AM   #605
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Happy deathday, Brinn! Many happy returns!
Old 06-08-2010, 04:37 AM   #606
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Happy deathday, Brinn! *hugs*
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:23 AM   #607
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Ooh, yay for Brinn! Zil, only eight more? Really? I was thinking somewhere in the vicinity of, I don't know, eternity.
Assuming we're all still here after 2012 and the internet hasn't imploded.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:58 AM   #608
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Happy Deathday Brinn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Assuming we're all still here after 2012 and the internet hasn't imploded.
Well, I know that alatar will be getting on here from his secret underground bunker... (see this thread)
Old 06-28-2010, 03:57 PM   #609
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Just realised my deathday has come and gone! Well happy belated deathday to me I guess, haha.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:44 PM   #610
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Then happy belated deathday wilwa!
Old 08-27-2010, 05:15 PM   #611
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
I still haven't plucked up the courage to read canonicity let alone comment!
The day you do both, I shall be happy to return to the Downs and take up the battle once more.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:03 AM   #612
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ooh was that the sound of a thrown gauntlet?

Prepare to return oh Fordim for that post has made me feel young as I have not done since all these children turned up... and certain rash words concerning the Prince of Ithilien still lie between us...

So a flibbertigibbert has to do what a flibbertigibbert has to do....

Don't hold your breath but it shall be done...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:53 PM   #613
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I've been dead three years now. I'm pretty spry for a corpse.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:09 AM   #614
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thumbs up

Congrats Sally!
Old 11-15-2010, 04:07 PM   #615
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
HAPPY DEATHDAY TO THE ONE AND ONLY LEGATE OF AMON LANC!!!

FROM THE MIGHT AND CTHULHU
Old 11-15-2010, 04:17 PM   #616
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Iä! W'grlhYog-Leggath dethdai blmfglgggh!
Old 11-15-2010, 04:43 PM   #617
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Happy Deathday Legate!
Old 11-20-2010, 04:04 PM   #618
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Hey, amazing, folks, thanks so much, especially for such original wishes!!! I almost forgot my deathday myself, and was not around to receive your wishes on the day, but at least belatedly, let me say that the years I have spent here are too little among such amazing dead... so I should probably just add...

That is not dead which can eternal lie/and with strange aeons even death may die

In which case I hope to remain here for aeons at the least
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 12-08-2010, 01:23 PM   #619
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

Well I've been lurking lately....just had a baby and things are starting to settle down. Just having a peek and noticed...I missed my deathday!! I've been dead for 5 years now!! Oh how time flies
Old 12-08-2010, 02:27 PM   #620
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Happy Deathday and congratulations Valier!
Old 12-10-2010, 01:06 AM   #621
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

It seems I've missed my Deathday this year, after waiting for it for almost a month.

Wow, three years already...
Old 12-10-2010, 02:57 AM   #622
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Hey, belated happy Deathday, Eönwë! I think missing Deathdays is something like a habit, it should really be shown at the birthday list as well...

And belated happy Deathday to Valier, too!
Old 12-13-2010, 09:10 AM   #623
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

And today marks 10 years to the day that I stumbled upon this forum, mired in the myriad EZ Board Tolkien forums that each had a different theme.
A lot has changed for me in RL since then, but it's honestly been very comforting over the years to know this place is still here, and is still very much the same as when I first found it.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:28 PM   #624
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

1420!

Happy deathday, Zil! You make me feel so young (in Barrow-Downs years, that is)!
Without any flattery, I feel you've been playing a substantial part in making and keeping this place what it is. I can't imagine the Books section without your omnipresent thoughtfulness... and a Werewolf game of course wouldn't be quite complete without you.
So here's to you, and the next ten!
Old 12-13-2010, 03:11 PM   #625
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thumbs up

Ooh, happy deathday Zil. It's comforting to know there are people who have been addicted for longer than me. Belated congrats to Valier and Eönwë too.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:18 PM   #626
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Thumbs up

Happy deathday, Inzil! Wouldn't it need some sort of special celebration? After all, 10 years is really quite a feat! In any case, all the best for the next 10 years!
Old 12-13-2010, 05:40 PM   #627
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Many thanks for the kind words, friends.
It's been said before, but what really "makes" this place is the quality of the people who frequent it. I'm not much of a forum haunter, really, just this place; there's certainly a reason why that is so.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:10 PM   #628
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

A very Happy (belated) Deathday to Inzil!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:03 AM   #629
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Thanks, steve.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:32 AM   #630
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Wow...I can't believe it's been six years (no I am not counting my hiatus so shush :P ) that I've been among such wonderful people. You're all absolutely amazing and I am quite glad that Ms. Wilwa got me to go to the Bostonmoot last year, thus making me come back amongst the wonderful dead Thanks for all the fun times everyone!! Can't wait to spend more with all of you!!
Old 05-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #631
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Ha! I actually remembered my deathday this year (it was yesterday). Nine years in the barrow, and feeling dead as ever.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:39 PM   #632
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Happy deathday, Eomer!
Old 05-08-2011, 04:17 PM   #633
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

1420!

Happy deathday and many happy returns, o Champion of the Warg!
Old 05-08-2011, 04:41 PM   #634
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Hey, look! I died last month! Awesome!

Actually, it was only 11 days ago.
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:08 PM   #635
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Happy Deathday Eomer, and belatedly for BG.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:23 PM   #636
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Happy Deathday Eomer, and BG as well!
Old 05-09-2011, 12:16 AM   #637
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Ha! I actually remembered my deathday this year (it was yesterday). Nine years in the barrow, and feeling dead as ever.
It doesn't feel to me that you've aged a bit.

Belated happy deathday, Eomer.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:33 AM   #638
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ah well Lhuna, my theory is that I can contra my years dead against my time alive and never age at all.... Maybe Eomer does the same

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #639
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Belated congrats, Eomer and BG.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #640
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Happy belated deathday, BG!