The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #561
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Happy Deathday Pitchwife! You definitely seem like you've been here longer than just a year!

And Happy Deathday Formy! May you stay for many more years to come!
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:46 AM   #562
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
January 12 was my eighth Downs anniversary - that's like an eternity in these fast-paced internet times!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:54 AM   #563
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar View Post
January 12 was my eighth Downs anniversary - that's like an eternity in these fast-paced internet times!
Happy belated Deathday! I missed my own in December.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:07 AM   #564
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Inzil, you were basically a legend from the beginnings by the time I came here - I'm delighted that you came back and are active again!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:51 PM   #565
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar View Post
Inzil, you were basically a legend from the beginnings by the time I came here - I'm delighted that you came back and are active again!
Thank you, Esty. You're very kind.
You have to be careful feeding my ego, though. I do not wish to become like the Dark Lord ( the phantom ) himself.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #566
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Hey, you're both legends in my eyes! Happy belated deathdays!
Old 01-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #567
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Well I am in total agreement with Esty on your return Zil for I do believe you were gone when I first joined. So I am glad that you have returned to us and we can share many more Werewolf games and discussions! Happy Belated Deathday to you!

And of course a Happy Belated Deathday to our dearest Esty! May you enjoy many more with us here!!
Old 01-28-2010, 07:51 AM   #568
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Thanks, Pitch and Glirdan.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:06 PM   #569
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Yes, Happy Deathday to the Great Skwerlèd Princess of Mods, Esty!

And Happy Deathday to Inzil, one of those who have returned to our great barrows from the Days of Old!
Old 01-30-2010, 12:00 AM   #570
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Happy deathdays to two esteemed Downers, Esty and Inziladun! May the rest of your deaths be happy.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:52 PM   #571
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Wow....hard to believe that it has already been four years that I have been a member on this site. Granted, approximately two of them were spent on hiatus(...uh....I mean...leave of absence ) but they were wonderful two years spent here...when I was merely fifteen years of age. I am quite glad that I have decided to come back and start chatting with all of you again, and Bostonmoot reiterated how much I have missed this and all of you. Meeting that many Downer's with my best friend of life and ringing in the New Year with all of you was the best thing that has ever happened to me for you are all wonderfully intelligent, amazing, people.

And a giant thank you must go out to a few people. First and foremost, my dearest Wilwa for first introducing me to this site all those years ago. Second, to Nienna and Brinn for letting me go to Bostonmoot even though I had been gone for so long. And third, to everyone for making this the best site there is and making me (under threat of physical violence by Mira and puppy dog eyes from Boro and everyone else who attended Bostonmoot yelling at me to get my rear end in gear and post already ) return. I am happy I did and cannot wait to share in more memories with all of you!
Old 02-16-2010, 07:08 AM   #572
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Aww Glirdan well Happy Deathday! We are very happy to have you back and you are always welcome in Boston. *hugs*
Old 02-16-2010, 05:35 PM   #573
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
How can I not wish a happy death day to Glirdan! (especially after saying I have puppy dog eyes! You're going to make me start tearing up again!) I regret that since Bostonmoot, it seems like you return to more activity, just as real life is sucking the life out of me. *sigh*

Last edited by Boromir88; 02-16-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:15 PM   #574
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

*loves dearly that Glirdan is already pro at speeches, and looks forward to getting lots of credit in any Oscar wins he will get someday*

Happy Deathday!
Old 02-16-2010, 06:19 PM   #575
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Even though it's gone in my timezone, I wish Glirdan a very happy deathday!
Old 02-19-2010, 09:33 AM   #576
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Welp, I've been here for seven years. I now feel a proper zombie.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:38 PM   #577
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Happy Deathday, Oddwen!
Old 02-20-2010, 04:11 AM   #578
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen View Post
Welp, I've been here for seven years. I now feel a proper zombie.
You are.

Happy Deathday!
Old 02-20-2010, 09:10 PM   #579
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Happy Deathday Oddwen!!
Old 02-20-2010, 09:12 PM   #580
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
A happy deathday to Oddwen! May your corpse always have a fresh scent of rot!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:20 AM   #581
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

As happens every single year, I forgot my deathday. 7th of May, I believe it was. Anyway, to maintain the percentage of my posts which are solely self-congratulatory (around 60%) here's to eight years!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:55 AM   #582
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
As happens every single year, I forgot my deathday. 7th of May, I believe it was. Anyway, to maintain the percentage of my posts which are solely self-congratulatory (around 60%) here's to eight years!
Happy (belated) Deathday, Eomer! May the next years be even better than the last!
Old 05-18-2010, 04:48 PM   #583
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Congratulations on eight years!

It's strange how time flies so quickly, I still find interesting threads I then want to respond to, only to notice that I already have some 3 years ago.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:40 AM   #584
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Six years dead today - and I contra my time dead against my time alive so I never age (in my own delusional mind of course). Still trying to work out just what I did with my time in earlier years...
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:39 AM   #585
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Wow. Happy Deathday Mithalwen! Hope you never stop enjoying your time in these Barrows!
Old 05-21-2010, 10:08 AM   #586
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well I am trying to do other stuff as well more but yes it hasn't lost its hold on me yet. Still feel like a newcomer compared to Eomer and co though and miss the people who were around then but not now or not so much... HI, Fordim, Child... It took me ages to actually post (certainly other than in the quiz room) so daunted was I. I still haven't plucked up the courage to read canonicity let alone comment!
Old 05-21-2010, 11:50 AM   #587
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Happy Deathday, O Great Grey Queen!
Old 05-21-2010, 02:20 PM   #588
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
R.I.P. (Rejoice in Posting?) Mith and Eomer!
Old 05-23-2010, 04:06 AM   #589
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

It feels somehow wrong to say this, Mith, but you SPM, Lal and davem are still all n00bs to me.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:06 AM   #590
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
While to me, Eomer, both you and Mith are venerable ancient members Shows one great feature of this site, we have virtually generations and generations of 'Downers who are still present even when the new people come...

Happy deathday (belated) to both of you!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:05 AM   #591
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
It feels somehow wrong to say this, Mith, but you SPM, Lal and davem are still all n00bs to me.
Actually it feels right to me... Even though there are so many who came after, I still feel an aftercomer... not of the first born. Even though some people *glares* seem to think we should be handed over to the National Trust. Ancient.. how rude! I'm still a teen ager in elf years... And Eomer is only in his tweens...
Old 05-24-2010, 01:09 PM   #592
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
It feels somehow wrong to say this, Mith, but you SPM, Lal and davem are still all n00bs to me
Eomer, don't you think it's c00l when someone posts who has an even earlier deathday than you, but a really low post number?
It's like Ordodreth or Amarie or some such...a really cool but fairly obscure elf making an appearance...
Old 05-24-2010, 02:06 PM   #593
Ibrîniðilpathânezel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ibrîniðilpathânezel is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Ibrîniðilpathânezel is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Happy death day to those who have been in the barrow far longer than I! My own death day was back in January (it's only a couple of years, so the body is relatively fresh). Today, though, I feel like the unquiet grave, as Montezuma's Revenge is making a miserably hot and humid day that much more miserable. Can a non-Elven person die twice? I may have an answer if this keeps up.

May all your barrows be cool and restful....
Old 06-01-2010, 03:48 PM   #594
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Hey! Three years and I haven't been banned for being belligerent! I must be mellowing into senile grumpitude. Bah!
Old 06-01-2010, 04:19 PM   #595
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Happy Deathday, Morthoron.

I wasn't here much when you joined up, but I've since had ample opportunity to appreciate your singular thought processes.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #596
Ibrîniðilpathânezel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ibrîniðilpathânezel is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Ibrîniðilpathânezel is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Morth, it seems to me that if you want to be banned, you have to come up with a way to tell us obvious 'secrets' for how to use our iPods or computers, or make us an offer we can't resist on stuff we either already have or don't want (but can get SO cheap from you because it's pirated). And wasn't there someone through here recently that was trolling for a woman in his sig file...?

Happy death day, regardless.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #597
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrîniðilpathânezel View Post
Morth, it seems to me that if you want to be banned, you have to come up with a way to tell us obvious 'secrets' for how to use our iPods or computers...

Happy death day, regardless.
Hmmm...become a spam-bot? Novel idea. New career move, perhaps. I will have to unlearn grammar, syntax and spelling, which may prove problematic.

In any case, thank you and thank you Inziladun as well.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:07 AM   #598
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Happy Deathday, Morth!
Old 06-02-2010, 03:16 PM   #599
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I've since had ample opportunity to appreciate your singular thought processes.
... and even more singular style of phrasing them. Happy deathday Morth!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:37 PM   #600
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I almost forgot...it's my deathday! Eight years ago today I became a member of the Barrow-Downs and since then, never has anything made so much of an impact on my life. You wouldn't think that something so simple as signing up for a website would have such an effect, but it has.