The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2024, 02:08 PM   #1
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye Running Rings around Tolkien

https://www.theonering.net/torwp/202...ings-of-power/
Old 01-18-2024, 05:42 PM   #2
Alassë Estel
Wight

Alassë Estel has just left Hobbiton.
I can scarcely believe that.

It's simply dreadful.
John 3:16
Alassë Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 06:10 PM   #3
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
When you just read the character names and the words "fan-fiction" immediately leap to mind, then I would defer to the great Dorothy Parker, when she stated in a pointedly negative review:

“This is not a novel to be thrown aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force.”

One could say the same about this script.
Old 01-23-2024, 06:14 PM   #4
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I don't believe that the rights to the sil would be sold with no fanfare.
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 03:57 AM   #5
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Goodness, is it April 1st already?

There are snippets in there that sound plausible (I can see "Sauron shows up disguised as Celeborn" as a plotline), but most of it is just way too out there. The idea of an entire episode in the Timeless Halls is ridiculous (note that Good Omens only set a single scene there, because swirling galaxies and no floor don't make a good set however funny your actors are), and the "omigosh they're all NAKED" part is just an attempt to re-ignite the same outrage that occurred when some grubby elves in rags in a prison camp got rumour-milled into "the origin of orcs and they're all NAKED".

Similarly, "a full episode" about horses is too silly to believe. Will Meteor Man meet a horse somewhere? Maybe! Will TRoP abandon all its other tangled plotlines to devote an entire episode to what kind of sugarlumps it likes and "I think I shall call him... Fadowshax"? Nope!

Though I admit the idea of Tom Bombadil in a massive iron crown and Ungoliant in a fancy dress amuses me immensely. "Tom had an errand there / Conquering the Northlands / Now dancing home again / To his pretty spi-i-der..."

hS
Old 01-31-2024, 09:47 AM   #6
William Cloud Hicklin
Loremaster of Annúminas

William Cloud Hicklin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.William Cloud Hicklin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.William Cloud Hicklin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
it is now being discussed openly that Amazon secretly acquired the rights to “The Silmarillion” for use in this 2nd Season!
It would take more than an anonymous 4chan post for me to believe that. Not necessarily the sale - Simon would sell his grandfather's bones - but that Amazon wouldn't trumpet it to the heavens.