Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2009, 09:28 AM   #1441
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ever notice how people can be so full of their own happiness they can't even relate to someone else's problems? That's Eodwine right now. Everything looks bright and sunny to him, so he just assumes everyone else is as happy as he; and if not, then he'll do his best to be as sunny as possible to help them become so. The only thing that could change it would be some tragic catastrophe. Which I'm NOT suggesting...., so do not feel compelled to go there!

I can write more of Rand if you like, Lhuna, or maybe Foley can if she cares to.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:51 PM   #1442
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Woah! I'm glad I checked this when I did! Tomorrow, I'm leaving on a camping trip, lasting until Thursday, and you all know what that means.

That post was very funny, Elempi! You had me laughing out loud, seriously.

I will do my best to post something tonight, but I can not promise absolutely. Poor Rand.

-- Folwren

P.S. By the bye, I don't know if I'll write for Rand. He's not even remotely my character, whereas he is remotely yours, Elempi.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:42 AM   #1443
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hello?

...... empty chamber echoes ......
Old 03-30-2009, 11:44 AM   #1444
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Hello?

...... empty chamber echoes ......
So true.

I have been really pressed by reality the last month - and just as I would have had more time a totally insane WW-game sucked me in for the last week (wondering about my avatar, blame Sally and her game...).

But now that is ending and I'll be back in the fray.

Even though I must say that as Stigend I have no major role to play in the general plot. Having a character who is just a plain modest carpenter relatively new to the household is not likely to lead scenarios like weddings...

But I'll come up with something minor anyway.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:35 PM   #1445
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I would have had more time a totally insane WW-game sucked me in for the last week
I knew it. Without even taking a peek. I just knew it. No biggy, I'm back to doing my own writing so it's nice not to be using up my creative energies here so much....
Old 03-30-2009, 06:54 PM   #1446
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
I knew it. Without even taking a peek. I just knew it. No biggy, I'm back to doing my own writing so it's nice not to be using up my creative energies here so much....
Well, that's not my excuse. I've been 800 miles from home for the past week and a half and camping half that time...

And now I'm plunged back, behind in school and with a test coming tomorrow.

will post as soon as possible.

-- Foley
Old 04-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #1447
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Well, that's not my excuse. I've been 800 miles from home for the past week and a half and camping half that time...
Sweet, I love doing that stuff!

I'll get a post up for Lithor and possibly Erbrand as well. Do not be surprised if I don't get it up until Monday.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:15 PM   #1448
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
I, on the other hand, am struggling horribly with thesis, with the minute possibility of not graduating on time looming in the distance - not that I'm considering the idea.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:24 PM   #1449
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Double posted.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:08 AM   #1450
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Uh-oh. I guess that means we're all far behind.

I'll buckle down and write something today - I promise. Need to do about two hours worth of studying first, and then I'll do it.

-- Folwren
Old 04-08-2009, 10:54 AM   #1451
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I guess that qualifies as a post. A right fiery one, too.

Elempi (and Lhuna, if you're anywhere around), let me know if I stepped out of any bounds.

That was fun to write.

-- Folwren
Old 04-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #1452
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Yeeeowtch! Saeryn's personality has most certainly changed. Which is not a problem. Write it down to knowing where she belongs in the world.

Eodwine not think before he speaks?!? Maybe not on this his wedding day - so much - but if that's what Saeryn thinks of him, they are in for one interesting marriage.

I'm tempted to post a "Rand, buddy, what my future wife means to say is..." But I think I need to figure out what Rand thinks now first, unless Lhuna would like to do that instead? I'll wait a few days.

By the way, I've taken a second job which calls me away on Thursday and Friday nights and the best part of Saturdays - 18 hours a week. This of course cuts into my fun time etc., so that is part of why I too have been somewhat scarce of late. Don't know how long this will last, but one must pay the bills and all that....
Old 04-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #1453
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Yeeeowtch! Saeryn's personality has most certainly changed. Which is not a problem. Write it down to knowing where she belongs in the world.
Oh, had she? Whoops. I thought I had a grasp of her character, but I keep messing up. I thought she was quick tempered like this sometimes...? I don't know.

Quote:
Eodwine not think before he speaks?!? Maybe not on this his wedding day - so much - but if that's what Saeryn thinks of him, they are in for one interesting marriage.
Well, it seemed to me that Eodwine hadn't thought before saying "Wonderful match". I mean, honestly...Rand was just furious, and it was obvious.
Too bad you won't stick around to see if their marriage IS interesting. I sure hope it is.

Quote:
By the way, I've taken a second job which calls me away on Thursday and Friday nights and the best part of Saturdays - 18 hours a week. This of course cuts into my fun time etc., so that is part of why I too have been somewhat scarce of late. Don't know how long this will last, but one must pay the bills and all that....
K. We understand. And if we didn't, we'd have no room to complain, seeing as none of us have posted much recently anyway.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:44 AM   #1454
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Oh, had she? Whoops. I thought I had a grasp of her character, but I keep messing up. I thought she was quick tempered like this sometimes...? I don't know.
That's not what I meant. Quick tempered she can sometimes be. But the subject matter is different; and it's okay. If you beat yourself up I will kill off Eodwine. So don't you dare.

Quote:
Well, it seemed to me that Eodwine hadn't thought before saying "Wonderful match". I mean, honestly...Rand was just furious, and it was obvious. Too bad you won't stick around to see if their marriage IS interesting. I sure hope it is.
Eodwine is saying exactly what he thinks. He doesn't mind if it sets Rand on his heels, because he thinks Rand OUGHT to be set on his heels; except that it's funny, Saeryn almost apologizing for Eodwine, then proceeding to not merely set Rand on his heels but virtually throw him on his keester!

Quote:
K. We understand. And if we didn't, we'd have no room to complain, seeing as none of us have posted much recently anyway.
Don't feel bad. Instead, post!
Old 04-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #1455
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
If you beat yourself up I will kill off Eodwine. So don't you dare.
Ha ha. He will, too!
Old 04-09-2009, 09:54 AM   #1456
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
I don't know... I'm enough of a fan of tragic stories that Eodwine suffering a massive heart attack and dying on his wedding night strikes me as preciously ripe story matter--and what better way for Elempi to not be tempted to return to the Mead Hall once he moves on? Oh yes, this plan has potential.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:55 AM   #1457
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Assassinated by Scyld!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:19 PM   #1458
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Aauugghhhh!

Quote:
I don't know... I'm enough of a fan of tragic stories that Eodwine suffering a massive heart attack and dying on his wedding night strikes me as preciously ripe story matter--and what better way for Elempi to not be tempted to return to the Mead Hall once he moves on? Oh yes, this plan has potential.
What are you saying? No! No! Elempi, I promise I'll never beat myself up over Saeryn's character ever again! Please don't kill Eodwine!
Old 04-09-2009, 08:52 PM   #1459
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
What are you saying? No! No! Elempi, I promise I'll never beat myself up over Saeryn's character ever again! Please don't kill Eodwine!
Snicker. I would, too, so I'll hold you to that. Thanks guys for your imaginative assistance.

EDIT: Nogrod: just a nicety of the English language: "hanged" is something that happens to someone, with a rope around one's neck, to the death. "hung" is a more generic term that can be used accuratley when referring to someone having "hung around".

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 04-09-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:27 PM   #1460
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Assassinated by Scyld!
I wonder what would have to happen to tip that off...
Old 04-10-2009, 06:06 AM   #1461
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
EDIT: Nogrod: just a nicety of the English language: "hanged" is something that happens to someone, with a rope around one's neck, to the death. "hung" is a more generic term that can be used accuratley when referring to someone having "hung around".
Oops... let's not speculate about killing any more people... I'll go change that.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:33 AM   #1462
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Okay, so this girl is definitely graduating and should be back on board, if you still want her. Please give her some time to re-acclimatise herself to the Mead Hall, though.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:21 AM   #1463
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Okay, so this girl is definitely graduating and should be back on board, if you still want her. Please give her some time to re-acclimatise herself to the Mead Hall, though.
Oh, yes, we still want you! The more the merrier! There's been some interesting stuff going on lately...

When is graduation?

-- Folwren
Old 04-11-2009, 10:13 AM   #1464
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
When is graduation?

-- Folwren
The 26th.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:26 AM   #1465
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Congrats Lhuna!

That's something worth celebrating indeed!
Old 04-11-2009, 05:42 PM   #1466
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Sigh... Everybody graduates before me...

But Lhuna: I totally told you so.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:28 PM   #1467
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
I bet you'll graduate before me.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:12 AM   #1468
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Congrats Lhuna!

That's something worth celebrating indeed!
Thanks, Nogrod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
It's just the geographical-cultural difference; within the country, my university is probably the last to hold its graduation ceremonies. Anyway I'm sure that for the next phase of our respective academic lives, you'll graduate before I do.

Quote:
But Lhuna: I totally told you so.
Yes, yes, you did. Thanks for the encouragement.

PS. Now you should graduate on time, Fea. Remember our deal?

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 04-12-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #1469
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Seems like everything is progressing nicely. I'll write something for Modtryth or Cnebba within a week.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:19 PM   #1470
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Double posted again.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:25 PM   #1471
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Alright, I have a dilemma with RL that is very pressing at the moment. However, I have noticed that none of my characters have any pressing matters at the moment and that writing for them would simply be for fun. However, I have something planned for the toMorrow; if we can get to that soon I will have a purpose for posting. Should we start the wedding soon, or should we keep up with the Harreld thing (loving his whole drama as well)?
Old 04-20-2009, 07:21 AM   #1472
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Palantir-Green

Cnebba and Garmund are looking for trouble again.

Anyone, feel free to be the approaching trouble and continue as you will.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:54 AM   #1473
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

So now that I'm caught up, I'm trying to figure out how to dive back in. Hmmm, Ginna and Harreld can't be too far away not to hear Cnebba and Garmund's mischief. I'll try to write something about that - tomorrow.

By the way, I was patently surprised by Rand's outburst in your post, Foley, but it's fine - you had him tell the truth, after all. I'm looking forward to the chance to expound on that after the wedding.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:47 AM   #1474
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Haha! That was fun Lommy.

It would be more fun if someone else than me or Lommy answered to that post - like Lhuna if you can. It would mean more interaction.

Groin: feel free to write about the soldiers working with Garstan and Stigend with the platform. I'll answer your post if you make one - unless we're hurrying up with the generals proceedings that is.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:28 PM   #1475
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
By the way, I was patently surprised by Rand's outburst in your post, Foley, but it's fine - you had him tell the truth, after all. I'm looking forward to the chance to expound on that after the wedding.
Sorry. I can't say any more than that or Elempi (almost called him Eodwine) will get on me for beating myself up and will kill his character.

I can change it, just like I would for anyone else's character that I mishandled.

-- Folwren
Old 04-21-2009, 12:25 PM   #1476
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:

Groin: feel free to write about the soldiers working with Garstan and Stigend with the platform. I'll answer your post if you make one - unless we're hurrying up with the generals proceedings that is.
Thanks Nogrod, I put a post up for Erbrand and Lithor. It was self centered for the most part, but I hope that it will put a new twist on the whole Kara & Erbrand situation. You are up, Nogrod!
Old 04-21-2009, 01:46 PM   #1477
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Oh, things are going on nicely. I may write for lil' Cnebster soon, unless big ol' Nogster insists on doing it.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:53 PM   #1478
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Oh, things are going on nicely. I may write for lil' Cnebster soon, unless big ol' Nogster insists on doing it.
Wait a minute, I called for the Nogster first!
Old 04-21-2009, 02:03 PM   #1479
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Wait a minute, I called for the Nogster first!
No problem, I'd prefer to write for Cnebba myself, so you can have him unless he protests...
Old 04-21-2009, 03:26 PM   #1480
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I felt like writing, so I took Mr Nogster's right to interfere away from him and continued... I don't think he'll be too grieved.

My post is short because I didn't want to put too much words to Ginna's mouth, and also, I'd prefer to see what her real writer will make her say/do now, or what Harreld's real writer will interfere with... looking forward to it.