The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-09-2020, 02:58 PM   #841
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
meh.

++inzil

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:58 PM   #842
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
++Sally

Really don't like the idea of a panic bandwagon against me. If you're the hunter, happy killing.

If you're a wolf, thanks for giving me 500 heart attacks, but I'd consider us even considering the trick I pulled on you previously.

Edit: crossed with pretty much everyone
Old 05-09-2020, 02:58 PM   #843
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Guess it's decided...

++A Little Green

Just because.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:58 PM   #844
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Crap, I missed where I was actually asked. Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lottie right now.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:59 PM   #845
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
crap, i missed where i was actually asked. Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lottie right now.
Don't.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:59 PM   #846
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Crap, I missed where I was actually asked. Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lottie right now.
Only *I ALONE* asked it like FIVE TIMES (okay, maybe only four, heh?)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:59 PM   #847
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Is everybody allowed a throwaway vote once in the game?

++Eönwë

Last edited by Pitchwife; 05-09-2020 at 03:00 PM. Reason: x-ed since #836
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:59 PM   #848
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Only *I ALONE* asked it like FIVE TIMES (okay, maybe only four, heh?)
I haven't been keeping up.
Old 05-09-2020, 03:00 PM   #849
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
DEADLINE: PLEASE CEASE ALL POSTING!

Sally is moved into the QT with...

Narration coming soon.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 03:00 PM   #850
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Is everybody allowed a throwaway vote once in the game?

++Eönwë
More I hope

EDIT: X'ed with the mod, and is very sorry.

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 05-09-2020 at 03:01 PM. Reason: X'ed
Old 05-09-2020, 03:00 PM   #851
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Cool. Well, I'm pretty positive Sally's a wolf, but if she isn't and she hunts me, I am going to be so, so mad.

Last edited by Loslote; 05-09-2020 at 03:00 PM. Reason: xed with a bunch of people and the deadline, sorry Nog
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 03:00 PM   #852
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I changed to Mac at the last moment. Consistency!

x'd since before Nog
Old 05-09-2020, 03:24 PM   #853
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Night 4 / Closing Day 3

Just as Húrin had thought it couldn’t get any worse, he suddenly realized that they were thinking of putting his son into quarantine! He couldn’t stand Morwen’s gaze and had to turn away from her. He knew what he should do as the lord of his people, but he also knew what he should do as a father of the heir of the House of Hador. Sadly, those meant different things.

In the end it was clear though.

“Túrin my son. You must go inside with uncle Huor. You take good care of him and stay safe from these monsters. This will end one day.” Húrin said holding his son from the shoulders. “Grithnir has opened the door for you…”

Túrin’s face was growing dark and his hands were shaking, but he seemed to be able to keep his emotions in control. “Yes, father.” he answered in an oddly neutral tone in his voice.

The little boy hopped up the stairs but stopped suddenly just inside the doorframe. “Wait!”

Before anyone could realize what was happening, they heard a softened cry and Grithnir, who had been standing by the door ready to close it after Túrin, fell down with some odd dirty linens covering his head. Túrin had jumped on him from behind with the infected linens used inside! Someone else from inside had to have helped Túrin as Grithnir’s legs disappeared inside in an instant. Gethron was springing towards the door to claim his friend back but was stopped by Húrin’s and Forweg’s heavy hands.

“No Gethron, it’s too late” Hurin said quitly while pressing sternly on the old warriors arm. “I’m sorry, but it’s over.”

~*~

Dead, yes dead

Nogrod – “The Badger”, the Mod (dead on Night1)
Urwen – Glóredhel, healthy person (withered away in grief during Day2)

Quarantined

Galadriel55 – Andróg, the Cobbler (voted into QT on Day1)
Rikae – Haldir, formerly healthy person (infected by the shady Infectors on Night2)
Huinesoron – Hareth, an Infector (voted into QT on Day2)
Kitanna – Huor, the Ranger (infected in the woods by the Infectors on Night3)
Sally – Túrin, the Hunter (voted into QT on Day3)
Macalaure – Grithnir, healthy person (dragged into the QT by the Hunter on Day3)

Hanging around

Thinlómien
Legate of Amon Lanc
Loslote
Pitchwife
Kath
Lhunardawen
Inziladun
A Little Green
Boromir88
Lalaith
Brinniel
Eönwë
Rune Son of Bjarne
THE Ka
Shastanis Althreduin

It’s now Night 4

Have an earned respite and try to sleep.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:00 PM   #854
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Day 4

Asgon was pushing through a blizzard of snow and then, following immediately, ducking away from fiery bolts of hot lava. First he thought he was breathing heavily just because of the effort, but then he realized there was something huge on his chest: an oliphant! Compared to that, the fidgeting little fishes on his face felt totally natural and harmless.

Until he realized that even after waking up the feeling stayed the same. The oliphant didn’t go anywhere and his face felt slimy and smelt awful. Then he saw it.

Someone had left a bucket, a soap and a towel in front of the door, like waiting for him to pick them going out.

Suddenly it was all clear to him.

It felt humiliating to actually pick the stuff left to him, but it made all the sense to do that. Slowly but steadily Asgon staggered to the Great Hall and fell down on the stairs.

Forweg and Algund found him from there in the morning and helped him inside.

~*~

Dead, yes dead

Nogrod – “The Badger”, the Mod (dead on Night1)
Urwen – Glóredhel, healthy person (withered away in grief during Day2)

Quarantined

Galadriel55 – Andróg, the Cobbler (voted into QT on Day1)
Rikae – Haldir, formerly healthy person (infected by the shady Infectors on Night2)
Huinesoron – Hareth, an Infector (voted into QT on Day2)
Kitanna – Huor, the Ranger (infected in the woods by the Infectors on Night3)
Sally – Túrin, the Hunter (voted into QT on Day3)
Macalaure – Grithnir, healthy person (dragged into the QT by the Hunter on Day3)
Legate of Amon Lanc – Asgon, healthy person (infected sneakily on Night4)

Hanging around

Thinlómien
Loslote
Pitchwife
Kath
Lhunardawen
Inziladun
A Little Green
Boromir88
Lalaith
Brinniel
Eönwë
Rune Son of Bjarne
THE Ka
Shastanis Althreduin

It's now Day 4

It's time to talk again.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:03 PM   #855
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

So the deadline yesterDay sucked. Can't believe the Hunter couldn't find a single person in the whole village more suspicious than a) someone who voted for a wolf the Day before or b) the other major bandwagon option the Day a wolf got lynched......Glad she didn't hunt me, but really sucks for Mac.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:06 PM   #856
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Man. Horror yesterDay, and this.

Legate? There would seem to be only two reasons they would target him.
1. Possible Seer. Always the top lupine obsession. It's certainly worth seeing if he said anything they'd key on. Barring that:
2. He seemed to be generally trusted, and would probably not be high on anyone's lynch list.

x/d with Lottie

Last edited by Inziladun; 05-10-2020 at 03:10 PM. Reason: fixed typo
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 03:07 PM   #857
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
So the deadline yesterDay sucked. Can't believe the Hunter couldn't find a single person in the whole village more suspicious than a) someone who voted for a wolf the Day before or b) the other major bandwagon option the Day a wolf got lynched......Glad she didn't hunt me, but really sucks for Mac.
I'm not blaming Sally. It isn't like she did herself in.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:08 PM   #858
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

YesterDay, I thought there was a pretty good chance I'd be on the block. I threw caution to the wind and voted.

Maybe it was easier for me, having voted the same way as Sally Day 2, to have not seen the "suspicion" apparently evident. But that wagon was evil.

The driving force was Lommy.

She started in on Sally early yesterDay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Uh, you have something to confess? Are you the next fatalistic wolf à la Mac?
I was put in the "fatalistic" set too. I can't speak for Sally, but having already been suspected before, I was fully prepared to have people gunning for me after voting Mac instead of Hueywolf. I was resigned to repeatedly having to defend myself. I picked up the same vibe from her.

Quote:
Sally -> Macalaure 4

Another one who steered clear of the Huine issue, wondered aloud if she should vote Mac or Lottie. Went for Mac who had more votes of the two at the time when Huine was rapidly gaining more votes. Extremely dubious vote - especially if we take into account that at least to me at this point Huine didn't seem like a "lost case" at all.
This is quite a lofty position for someone who voted the same way, albeit early, and who was given softball suspicion from Huey.

Quote:
Can I start giving paranoid wolf awards? YesterDay Mac and Brinn for thinking they're being framed by the Rikae kill, toDay Sally and Inzil being convinced they're done for. None of that looks very innocent to me.

Sally looks very furry to me right now. She did before, her vote was the worst, and her apologetic attitude toDay is not helping her cause at all. Fishy fishy lupine fish.
Again, why is it that only a wolf could be resigned to the fact that they know they're going to face suspicion? I think you greatly exaggerated this about both of us.

Quote:
Sally - Eeevil cupcake. Eeeevil. Has been suspiciously safe in her choices since the beginning, tried to save Huine yesterDay, toDay first seemed to have given up and now is trying to convince people she'd have bussed a fellow!Huine. There's nothing innocent in this mix. Certainly my main suspect at the moment.
She voted for Brinn to save Kit Day 2. "Suspiciously safe"?

Quote:
I mean, even if Sally is indeed the hunter, don't we want to give her a shot?

Think about it. If I'm right and she's bluffing, we win.

If I'm wrong and she's indeed the hunter, well, then I would trust her to have a faily high chance to take a wolf with her, which is also a pretty good outcome.

(Yeah, I know in the worst case we could lose two innocents but hey, that's the game. If Sally is the hunter let her do her job. I trust her to pick wisely.)
That's a pretty cavalier attitude, considering that the odds were still heavily in favor of Sally tagging an innocent over a wolf. "You can't make an omelet without breaking eggs, amirite"?

Quote:
Why on earth would the hunter send the pick earlier than she has to?
Because she's RL busy, maybe?

Quote:
Okay yes good point about the hunter pick.

Who are you "hunting" Sally?
If it had been me, there's no way I'd have said who I'd really picked. I'd have picked a name out of thin air.

Quote:
You personally like known innocents, I personally like dead wolves, and I'm willing to take risks to get them.
That's one of the wolfiest wolf statements I've seen in a long time.

Quote:
Let's take the Sally chance, no weird last minute things please!!!
Says our favorite Cheerleader of Doom.™
Old 05-10-2020, 03:09 PM   #859
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well at least the baddies are no longer in the majority on the QT.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:14 PM   #860
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
YesterDay, I thought there was a pretty good chance I'd be on the block. I threw caution to the wind and voted.

Maybe it was easier for me, having voted the same way as Sally Day 2, to have not seen the "suspicion" apparently evident. But that wagon was evil.

The driving force was Lommy.

That's a pretty cavalier attitude, considering that the odds were still heavily in favor of Sally tagging an innocent over a wolf. "You can't make an omelet without breaking eggs, amirite"?
I do agree with this. Lommy definitely drove the vote yesterDay in Sally's direction, and absolutely pushed in favor of lynching a Hunter who didn't want to be lynched and hadn't been around enough to have a suspicion list based on anything other than gut feelings. I also note that Lommy was not one of the people asking for the name of the person Sally was hunting, and didn't try to suggest any names or anything like that. She seemed completely fine with whatever Sally decided - which, given that none of the people Sally suspected are people I think are at all likely to be wolves, I find really concerning. I picked up a bit of a gleeful tone from her during all the chaos. I definitely consider her one of my top suspects at this point.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:15 PM   #861
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I agree btw that Lommy's bloodlust at the close of yesterDay was quite scary.

Last edited by Lalaith; 05-10-2020 at 03:16 PM. Reason: x-post with Lotty
Lalaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 03:16 PM   #862
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
[RL]Really sorry for the absence and non-vote yesterDay. I had taken a supposed nap after work and didn’t wake up until after the deadline. [/RL]

It feels hypocritical to analyse these votes when I didn’t put one in.

DAY 3 VOTES (with Day 2, Day 1)

THE Ka -> Sally (Lottie 2, Brinniel 3)
QT -> Brinn (Brinn)
Eönwë -> Sally 2 (Hui 7, Urwen)
Kath -> Inzil (Inzil, G55 2)
Greenie -> Sally 3 (Mac 2, Mac)
Lommy -> Sally 4 (Mac, G55 5)
——HunterSally reveal——
Inzil -> Brinn 2 (Mac 5, G55 3)
Lottie -> Sally 5 (Hui 4, G55 4)
Lalaith -> Sally 6 (Hui 5, no vote)
Legate -> Sally 7 (Hui, Brinn 5)
Shasta -> Sally 8 (Mac 7, Pitch 2)
Brinn -> Sally 9 (Hui 6, G55 7)
Rune -> Inzil 2 (Lottie, Brinn 4)
Boro -> Sally 10 (Mac 6, Pitch)
Pitch -> Eonwe (Hui 3, Brinn 2)
No vote: Lhuna (Lommy, Lhuna)

Based on the voting patterns ALONE, these stand out to me at the moment:

Likely Innocent
Lottie
Cast a decisive Hui vote. Her reactions to being a possible Huntee looked genuinely innocent to me.

Pitch
Cast a decisive Hui vote. He believed sally’s reveal, so his vote for Eonwe shows integrity.

Bad
Eonwe
I still think his vote for Urwen was a throwaway.
I still believe his vote for Hui could be wolf-on-wolf.
He prefaced his vote for sally with
Quote:
Since I have to go now, I worry that if I leave, there might be a bandwaggon for someone I don't think is evil, so, let's make this a thing:
I do not understand this at all.

Lommy
I know she had been consistent about suspecting sally yesterDay, but she could be a wolf who knows that sally is likely to target an innocent based on her suspicions, so she boldly challenged her claim and pushed for her lynching. Two birds, one stone.

Shasta
I’m still not comfortable about that throwaway Mac vote. Also voting for Sally after this
Quote:
I don't believe Sally, but equally - we shouldn't lynch her. If she's real, we force the wolves to kill her; if she's fake, the real Hunter hunts her. Easy enough.
then afterwards saying this
Quote:
There would come a point where we'd QT Sally as the last possible wolf. But I'm more inclined to think she's a wolf the longer she goes without posting, so I'm more fine with QTing her, I guess.
I don’t follow.

Boro
I still think his late vote for Mac on Day 2 was an attempt to save Hui. The strange thing, however, is that before the Huiwagon gained steam, he threw in a comment agreeing with Legate (after he expressed that he’s considering voting for Hui) that Hui was worth giving a more thorough look. He probably didn’t expect the Huiwagon to take off the way it did, and so held his vote at the last possible minute to save him.
His vote for sally came after concurring with Shasta’s first statement above. Also, his “If you're the hunter, happy killing” comment just sounds too flippant. Like “I know your current suspects are innocents so have fun killing any of them.” Again, two birds, one stone. I wouldn’t be surprised if at least a couple of wolves voted for sally for this very reason.

Should look more closely
Brinn
Mighty strange how all her votes came in towards the end of a successful bandwagon, even if we don’t count the Day 1 vote to save herself.

Rune
Last mention of Zil on Day 2, he was in his neutral zone, and his suspects were Brinn, Lottie, and Eonwe. YesterDay, he said his quick read-through had not yielded any new suspicions. Afterwards he asked to confirm if his understanding of why Zil and sally were being suspected is accurate, which Legate did. Next thing we see, he could vote for Zil as well as his three suspects without feeling too bad about it. So while his not voting for sally is consistent with his stand on her reveal, his choice of vote seems oddly out of the blue.

Greenie
Primarily because she has voted for two known innocents so far
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 03:19 PM   #863
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
After the first 2 days, I guess it was inevitable to foul a lynch up at least once. Let's try not to have another one?

1. Can we trust the QT now? Please. But I swear if they give us Brinn again I'm going to lose it.

2. 3/4ths of you are as suspicious as suspicion can be.

3. I'm starting to get a clearer picture, and imagining a pack of Lhuna, Lottie and Inzil. An unknown 4th at the moment, but I'm starting with you 3.

My voting may have been crap, but Lhuna's yours is completely clean since Day 1. Alarm is raised.

Lottie you managed to convince the hunter to change her choice in the last second and I have no idea why.'

Inzil I need to get a better read on, but there's a lot to be answered for with your defense yesterday. I never pegged you as a "roll over" type, until yesterday.

Edit: crossed since Lottie's post to open.

Last edited by Boromir88; 05-10-2020 at 03:29 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 03:24 PM   #864
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
It really sucks to loose Legate - maybe the only player I felt I could trust (although I felt pretty good about Mac too yesterDay).

Zil, when you voted Brinn and invited people to vote you, were you trying to save sally or what? I think it was before her reveal, and your post looked unfinished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil re Lommy 616
This is quite a lofty position for someone who voted the same way, albeit early, and who was given softball suspicion from Huey.
This. She came out of the gate yesterDay (#593) asserting there had to be at least one wolf who voted Mac after the first Hui vote, and other people (Lottie, Brinn, Eönwë) repeated the point so often that 'suspecting the late Mac voters' almost turned into a meme. Makes me wonder whether we are to be distracted from a wolf in the EARLY Mac voters (or, if there is indeed a wolf among the late voters and sally was use to distract from them).
Old 05-10-2020, 03:26 PM   #865
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
[RL]Really sorry for the absence and non-vote yesterDay. I had taken a supposed nap after work and didn’t wake up until after the deadline. [/RL]
I didn't make your list?

Quote:
Shasta
I’m still not comfortable about that throwaway Mac vote. Also voting for Sally after this then afterwards saying this I don’t follow.
I'm not sure I do, either.

Quote:
Boro
I still think his late vote for Mac on Day 2 was an attempt to save Hui. The strange thing, however, is that before the Huiwagon gained steam, he threw in a comment agreeing with Legate (after he expressed that he’s considering voting for Hui) that Hui was worth giving a more thorough look. He probably didn’t expect the Huiwagon to take off the way it did, and so held his vote at the last possible minute to save him.
His vote for sally came after concurring with Shasta’s first statement above. Also, his “If you're the hunter, happy killing” comment just sounds too flippant. Like “I know your current suspects are innocents so have fun killing any of them.” Again, two birds, one stone. I wouldn’t be surprised if at least a couple of wolves voted for sally for this very reason.
I really don't see why innocents would blithely wave goodbye at a revealed Hunter, who, if they were legitimate, still had a worse than even chance of hitting a wolf.

x/d with Boro and Pitch
Old 05-10-2020, 03:28 PM   #866
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Zil, when you voted Brinn and invited people to vote you, were you trying to save sally or what? I think it was before her reveal, and your post looked unfinished.
I was going to add more, but the boss (my better half) was calling.

Quote:
This. She came out of the gate yesterDay (#593) asserting there had to be at least one wolf who voted Mac after the first Hui vote, and other people (Lottie, Brinn, Eönwë) repeated the point so often that 'suspecting the late Mac voters' almost turned into a meme. Makes me wonder whether we are to be distracted from a wolf in the EARLY Mac voters (or, if there is indeed a wolf among the late voters and sally was use to distract from them).
Quite possible. I still think there was at least one wolf on Huey.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:33 PM   #867
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Lottie you managed to convince the hunter to change her choice in the last second and I have no idea why.'
Are you kidding me? Sally's suspicions were all based on gut feeling alone, and I guess my insisting that I was not a wolf convinced her. But you know what I was thinking all last Night? "Well, there's no way I'll be alive in the Morning. The wolves are going to think I was trying to hint that I was Gifted. They'll definitely kill me toNight." I was very surprised when I saw that I was still alive, and I half thought, "maybe the wolves are going to try to prod a little, see if they can figure out if I was Gifted hinting or not." But I really didn't think anyone was going to be this blatant about it.

(I wasn't, by the way. I am not the Seer, I have zero special information, I was not trying to hint that I was Gifted to Sally yesterDay, I was simply trying to convince her I was innocent, because it seemed horrible to me that we could lose two innocents in one mislynch.)

Quote:
3. I'm starting to get a clearer picture, and imagining a pack of Lhuna, Lottie and Inzil. An unknown 4th at the moment, but I'm starting with you 3.

My voting may have been crap, but Lhuna's yours is completely clean since Day 1. Alarm is raised.
Lhuna voted once as a throwaway because she wouldn't be there for the Deadline, once very early for Lommy, and once missed the deadline. She can't be here at the deadline, so she has never posted when it's gotten messy. She can't control that, it isn't suspicious or innocent, it just is.

This post from Boro screams suspicious to me. He joins Lommy at the top of my suspicion list. Like, what even is this.

Quote:
Yes, that's what I'm thinking. At this point, I really, really think that Boro was a wolf, and that Lommy and maybe also Greenie pushed Sally and downplayed the suspicion against Boro (neither even mentioned him in the same breath as Sally and Zil, even though he did exactly the same thing).
Old 05-10-2020, 03:34 PM   #868
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Inzil I need to get a better read on, but there's a lot to be answered for with your defense yesterday. I never pegged you as a "roll over" type, until yesterday.
If I was, I'd have just self-voted and left it at that. I had no intention of voting for Sally, and was rather tired of what seemed to be taunting from the QT. I didn't have much hope anyone would follow me, though. Since several had put me on the "eevil" list that Day, I figured a bandwagon would follow. Then, like I told Pitch, my long-suffering mate requested my presence.

x/d with Lottie
Old 05-10-2020, 03:41 PM   #869
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Boro
Interesting. I wonder...but that will have to wait.

My comments to sally were tongue-in-cheek. After she pulled that reveal and left us hanging, until right before the DL I seriously doubted she was the hunter. I was wrong.

All you people looking at Lommy's "blood lust" are hypocrites. Apologies if that's offensive, but 10 people voted for sally. Yes there's a sure thing wolf votes are in there, but you can't tell me that people believed that reveal with how the end of day played out. I mean no offense to sally, we've all been there, but you can't blame an unconvincing reveal on a few people and act like you knew she was the real hunter. Unless you already knew she was the hunter.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:43 PM   #870
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
I was going to add more, but the boss (my better half) was calling.
Out of curiosity, what would you have added?

Quote:
I still think there was at least one wolf on Huey.
That too.

If there was another wolf (beyond Hui) among those who voted Mac before the Huiwagon, this would have to be Lommy or Greenie; if among the later Mac voters maybe Boro (whom several people had grouped with sally and Zil as top suspects yesterDay but gave a pass), or maybe even Shasta.

(By the way, we have now had two bandwagons against innocents with people voting them because "why would an innocent X act like this?" I think the next person to use this argument may get an automatic vote from me.)
Old 05-10-2020, 03:45 PM   #871
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
All you people looking at Lommy's "blood lust" are hypocrites. Apologies if that's offensive, but 10 people voted for sally. Yes there's a sure thing wolf votes are in there, but you can't tell me that people believed that reveal with how the end of day played out. I mean no offense to sally, we've all been there, but you can't blame an unconvincing reveal on a few people and act like you knew she was the real hunter. Unless you already knew she was the hunter.
Personally, I cycled through "it's fine, it's fine, she's faking, she's a wolf, there's no way" and "oh no oh no she's the Hunter who is she going to kill????" so fast my head was spinning. Yeah, I was the one in danger, but still, there was no glee whatsoever when I thought about "what if she IS the Hunter?". And I'm pretty sure you can tell, reading my posts, that I was absolutely dreading her killing an innocent. You could tell from Legate's posts that he was frantic, too. The only people who wouldn't be frantic and full of dread and panic would have been the wolves, who had a really good idea of what was about to happen. There were too many unknowns for the villagers to have been comfortable, and when I look at the people I know were innocent around the deadline, we really, really were not comfortable. Therefore, the people who did not come across as frantic and uncomfortable? I highly suspect they are wolves.

Last edited by Loslote; 05-10-2020 at 03:46 PM. Reason: xed with Pitch
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 03:46 PM   #872
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

The Eye Damn

This truly bums me out.

Legate was by far the most innocent looking in my eyes, but I guess that was also the root of his downfall. He seemed to have been generally trusted, or at least not the subject of much suspicion.

I am off to bed and will have a busy day at work tomorrow, but I will se if I can find enough time to take a look at the people suspected by Legate. No matter what I will be here some hours prior to deadline.

Old 05-10-2020, 03:58 PM   #873
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Out of curiosity, what would you have added?
Just that I had a better feeling about Mac.
Old 05-10-2020, 04:06 PM   #874
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you can tell, reading my posts, that I was absolutely dreading her killing an innocent. You could tell from Legate's posts that he was frantic, too. The only people who wouldn't be frantic and full of dread and panic would have been the wolves, who had a really good idea of what was about to happen. There were too many unknowns for the villagers to have been comfortable, and when I look at the people I know were innocent around the deadline, we really, really were not comfortable. Therefore, the people who did not come across as frantic and uncomfortable? I highly suspect they are wolves.
THIS!!! I mean, yes, on paper it's the Hunter's job to die and (hopefully) take a wolf with them, and sally knew that as well as anybody, so if the Hunter, knowing this, asks you not to lynch them, what do you do?

I really didn't and don't care for Lommy's assertions that we could totally afford to lynch an innocent this early, and if sally hit another innocent, meh, well, bad luck but not the end of the world. Effectively lynching sally amounted to a free kill for the wolves.
Old 05-10-2020, 04:09 PM   #875
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lottie
Quote:
when I look at the people I know were innocent around the deadline, we really, really were not comfortable.
Yes... my gut feeling was that most of the people panicking at the end there were bewildered innocents. Rune for example feels innocent to me as a result of DL behaviour. And Legate's reactions - I started feeling a lot better about him. A bit late now of course
But while Boro's accusations of hypocrisy seem a bit harsh I agree we didn't cover ourselves in glory failing to agree to an alternative candidate in time.
Old 05-10-2020, 04:09 PM   #876
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
This post from Boro screams suspicious to me. He joins Lommy at the top of my suspicion list. Like, what even is this.
24 hours of pent up frustration with the day's events. Fairly quiet and then we have nearly 2 full pages in 30 minutes.

If my math is correct, I'm not the statistics person though, without the Ranger, we have 4 days to lynch a wolf. They've been far too content to sit back and have the gifted reveal themselves.

It's time (mostly I say this to myself) to start shaking their cage. And yesterday's end day did not help matters at all. Point well taken about looking at who was comfortable yesterday and who wasn't. If you are not a wolf, I expected you to be killed because of your previous vote for Huey and exchanges with sally. I'm still not convinced you aren't being a bold wolf openly getting sally to change her pick and not hunt you. But I'm also not convinced you are a wolf.

Trying to get up in some grills and rattle cages.
Old 05-10-2020, 04:16 PM   #877
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
I'm still not convinced you aren't being a bold wolf openly getting sally to change her pick and not hunt you. But I'm also not convinced you are a wolf.
If I was a wolf, I would have been trying an awful lot harder to swing the vote Zil's direction, because I would have known for sure that Sally actually was the Hunter, and there would have been no motivation for me to lynch her. I voted for her because I thought there was an actual chance she was a wolf. If I really wanted to vote somewhere else, I could have pushed for Zil, who had also been suspected. In my opinion, the fact that there was no coherent alternative at all should speak to the idea that the people in Sally's crosshairs were not evil.
Old 05-10-2020, 04:23 PM   #878
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
WELLLlllllllll I got what I wanted...

...but it turned out not to be what I wanted after all. I have gone through a full cycle of *despairing laughter* -> what use is logic in werewolf when it's always wrong -> I should really have been the cobbler -> "hey at least I won't have to wonder about Mac and Sally for the rest of the game" overNight and now I'm trying to recover and be useful toDay. I mean what else can you do?

But yes, looks like yesterDay wasn't my brightest moment. Nor the Day before... But I can hardly do worse toDay - unless I decide to vote the seer and press for their lynch.

As for the Legate kill - I'm not surprised at all. He was very widely considered innocent, especially after the Huine lynch. I will look at his posts at some point to look for "seer clues" the wolves might have picked up, but now I'm off to read toDay's discussion so far.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 04:23 PM   #879
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
If I was a wolf, I would have been trying an awful lot harder to swing the vote Zil's direction, because I would have known for sure that Sally actually was the Hunter, and there would have been no motivation for me to lynch her.
But you would only have known that after her reveal, which was ~45 min to DL, so the time to get a Zilwagon rolling after that was limited. Prior to that, you would only have known that she was not a wolf, so you could have been comfortable with lynching her (and indeed had her in your suspects list) right up until the reveal.
Old 05-10-2020, 04:26 PM   #880
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
But you would only have known that after her reveal, which was ~45 min to DL, so the time to get a Zilwagon rolling after that was limited. Prior to that, you would only have known that she was not a wolf, so you could have been comfortable with lynching her (and indeed had her in your suspects list) right up until the reveal.
Right, but a few of us threw out there that we should think about an alternative plan, and a couple of people said "maybe Zil", and not a single person actually said "okay, vote Zil if you don't want to lynch Sally". It was possible, and I'm pretty sure it would've worked, too. I didn't make that call because I decided to take the risk and hope Sally was a wolf. If I was a wolf, I would have known she wasn't, and I would've known I was likely her target, so I definitely would have committed to Zil as the alternate option.