The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2020, 01:34 PM   #81
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I have a feeling this will be a last minute wagon again...
Old 05-07-2020, 01:40 PM   #82
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I don't like how suddenly half the villag - not the least people I suspect like Lottie etc - turned into suddenly serving Mac as the main meal of the day. It feels like it isn't healthy.
Hey Mac, I think he's calling you fat ...
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 01:43 PM   #83
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Hey Mac, I think he's calling you fat ...

With an online lecture happening simultaneously, all of this is extremely difficult to keep up with, or keep track of at all.
Old 05-07-2020, 02:30 PM   #84
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Is it up to 4 candidates now? Good grief.
Old 05-07-2020, 02:43 PM   #85
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

6 candidates. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
The more I stare at that QT vote for Brinniel the more I want to test it. I think G55 is bluffing.
Truth be told, I have never bluffed as big or as much as I have in this game. But did I let the Brin-vote happen because I am bluffing, or double bluffing, or triple bluffing? Or just wrecking havoc? Especially since as it's not my proposed candidate, it doesn't have as much of my own imprint, and the reasons are therefore so much more indirect. But he doesn't know that.
Old 05-07-2020, 02:54 PM   #86
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I am soooo curious about so much.
Old 05-07-2020, 02:57 PM   #87
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Welcome aboard, whoever is joining!
Old 05-07-2020, 03:00 PM   #88
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
O modliness, are we allowed to talk at night in the quarantine house?
Old 05-07-2020, 03:22 PM   #89
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I know I was thinking in the beginning that there should be quiet Nights here as well, but then again - why should it be thusly?

I can feel the need of getting to discuss this latest turn of events... so I can see how you feel.

So okay, feel free to talk also during the Nights.

I'l add the rule-change in the rules and PM hS about it.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:24 PM   #90
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Yay, first ever good cobbler!
Old 05-07-2020, 03:31 PM   #91
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Yay, first ever good cobbler!
Alright, you get to say that. I wrote some further comments, but in light of Hui joining us for toMorrow's vote, I have erased them. Your turn to gloat!
Old 05-07-2020, 03:44 PM   #92
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Postal (Terry Pratchett)
"I wasn't actually expecting to die."

"Good one, sir," said the hangman. "We'll go with that, shall we?"
Hello, quarantine house! Tell you what, this lockdown thing is a real pain in the... legs? Or is that just the arrows?

Hi G55! Sorry for killing you. I'm terrible at spotting even evil Gifted, and besides, I had other priorities.

Hi, Rikae! Hah, I really shot myself in the... well, thighs... with that Mac-Zil post, didn't I? The hilarious part is, I wasn't being artificial. I didn't need to be! I'd already established I suspected both of them. I was just genuinely shocked that Zil had posted so much when he seemed to have said so little.

I actually, honestly have done my best to follow the evidence, even knowing that it wasn't true; the extent of my (conscious) wolf-editing has been ignoring a couple of things that looked sketchy. I mean, believe that or not as you will...

I'm kind of offended by Kitanna’s 'I would use profanities' post. I hope she means 'to intensify my Yes!', rather than 'I want to insult/swear at hS'.

And before you ask: I have no idea who the rest of the pack will kill, except that Kitanna pretty much claimed Ranger, so, y'know.

hS/Hareth/CutieWolf 1

Last edited by Huinesoron; 05-07-2020 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Mac, not Max
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 04:01 PM   #93
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Hi G55! Sorry for killing you. I'm terrible at spotting even evil Gifted, and besides, I had other priorities.
That's quite ok. That's the point of my role, right? I was deathly afraid of accidentally killing one of you guys on D1 by poking around too much - partially the reason why I voted Rikae in the end.
Old 05-07-2020, 04:02 PM   #94
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

And welcome, boss!
Old 05-07-2020, 04:09 PM   #95
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
That's quite ok. That's the point of my role, right? I was deathly afraid of accidentally killing one of you guys on D1 by poking around too much - partially the reason why I voted Rikae in the end.
Well, it might have been nice to keep you around a little longer.

(I've read the QT logs - you abstained? Oh my stars, nobody will believe it...)

I haven't gone back and looked to see which of the Pack voted to lock me up - too scared to find out they never liked me anyway... :O

hS

PS: Just reread the opening blurb here... Hareth was really foresighted to insist that the infirmary still gets a vote, wasn't I?
Old 05-07-2020, 04:28 PM   #96
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Well, it might have been nice to keep you around a little longer.
I can hardly disagree, and if I had a tad more knowledge - or wolf spotting skills - I would have done things differently too. Still, Kit happened, so maybe it's a worthy trade-off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
(I've read the QT logs - you abstained? Oh my stars, nobody will believe it...)
Thing is, I did not disagree with the vote. In fact, I liked it better the longer the Day went on. But abstaining rather than confirming the vote just makes is more fun. It's the small things that bring us delight on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
PS: Just reread the opening blurb here... Hareth was really foresighted to insist that the infirmary still gets a vote, wasn't I?
Not to put any pressure on you, but - yeah, basically all pressure on you. Sorry.

Now I have to rethink my wolf pack theories in light of D2 voting.
Old 05-07-2020, 04:30 PM   #97
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Moon Moon!

Old 05-07-2020, 04:40 PM   #98
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
I can hardly disagree, and if I had a tad more knowledge - or wolf spotting skills - I would have done things differently too. Still, Kit happened, so maybe it's a worthy trade-off.
Maybe! I guess we'll see if she joins us toMorrow.

Quote:
Thing is, I did not disagree with the vote. In fact, I liked it better the longer the Day went on. But abstaining rather than confirming the vote just makes is more fun. It's the small things that bring us delight on this thread.
Since this is the thread where your fondest wish is to be outnumbered by the other side (unless it's to be The Only Good Cobbler, hi Rikae), I can see that one.

Quote:
Not to put any pressure on you, but - yeah, basically all pressure on you. Sorry.

Now I have to rethink my wolf pack theories in light of D2 voting.
You enjoy that. I need sleep - arrows in my legs, etc. At least this time I know where the pressure will be coming from...!

(Are you Moon-Moon or am I? Either way... yeah. XD Or perhaps the real Moon-Moon was inside us all along.)

hS
Old 05-07-2020, 04:45 PM   #99
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
(Are you Moon-Moon or am I? Either way... yeah. XD Or perhaps the real Moon-Moon was inside us all along.)
We are all Moon Moon!

Old 05-08-2020, 09:10 AM   #100
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

*curiosity intensifies*
Old 05-08-2020, 10:06 AM   #101
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
That thought passed my mind, although only after I had already posted the last narration...

Funnily enough, whoever joins you for Day3, there is still going to be a "baddie-order" in this house. Just thinking about the speculation before the game, whether everyone would just wait and listen to what the QT votes, and then "hide behind it".
Old 05-08-2020, 10:40 AM   #102
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Funnily enough, whoever joins you for Day3, there is still going to be a "baddie-order" in this house. Just thinking about the speculation before the game, whether everyone would just wait and listen to what the QT votes, and then "hide behind it".
Oh, imagine if Hui abstains too without offering up a candidate. The resulting discussion on the GT will be priceless.

...Why are you looking at me like that? I'm just cobbling away peacefully, I mean nobody any harm.
Old 05-08-2020, 11:04 AM   #103
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Oh, imagine if Hui abstains too without offering up a candidate. The resulting discussion on the GT will be priceless.

...Why are you looking at me like that? I'm just cobbling away peacefully, I mean nobody any harm.
Well, depending on what the so-called Good Guys proffer up, maybe I just will... >:-D

hS
Old 05-08-2020, 02:12 PM   #104
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
And before you ask: I have no idea who the rest of the pack will kill, except that Kitanna pretty much claimed Ranger, so, y'know.
Which makes me wonder what they think about the other possible gifted I tried to flag for you guys - assuming you got the flag. I suppose one of them will be dead soon. Or none - if they wanna muddy the waters: if Kitanna doesn't die toNight, she might be a candidate for suspicion toDay.
Old 05-08-2020, 02:51 PM   #105
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Which makes me wonder what they think about the other possible gifted I tried to flag for you guys - assuming you got the flag. I suppose one of them will be dead soon. Or none - if they wanna muddy the waters: if Kitanna doesn't die toNight, she might be a candidate for suspicion toDay.
Oh yes, that would "muddy the waters". Well, I didn't personally get the flag, but then I'm barely able to figure out who the wolves are, let alone anyone else!

Ten minutes to go - who's it gonna be?

hS
Old 05-08-2020, 02:58 PM   #106
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

* drumroll *

Old 05-08-2020, 03:08 PM   #107
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

RangerKit! Oh thank the Valar, now I don't have to spend all day pretending you might be a wolf.

Since I'm sure you're wondering, and these arrows through my legs take a certain amount of pressure off, you survived Night 2 because various wolves were pretty sure you were trying to cover for the real Ranger. Good thing (for the wolves) Zil brought you out into the open yesterday...

hS
Old 05-08-2020, 03:12 PM   #108
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Welcome, Kitanna!

Quote:
... I'm barely able to figure out who the wolves are, let alone anyone else!
We know your role now, you don't have to pretend not to know any packmates anymore!
Old 05-08-2020, 03:31 PM   #109
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
We know your role now, you don't have to pretend not to know any packmates anymore!
Phew! Then I can finally say aloud that I hope Nogrod, Nerwen, Balfrog and The Barrow-Wight keep doing a great job staying above suspicion!

hS
Old 05-08-2020, 03:32 PM   #110
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by huinesoron View Post
phew! Then i can finally say aloud that i hope nogrod, nerwen, balfrog and the barrow-wight keep doing a great job staying above suspicion!

Hs
:d
Old 05-08-2020, 03:33 PM   #111
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:

Although my vote yesterday was received exactly as I'd hoped, I think toDay it would be more fun to give you two free rein. Don't mind me, I think I'll take a nap.
Old 05-08-2020, 03:34 PM   #112
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Phew! Then I can finally say aloud that I hope Nogrod, Nerwen, Balfrog and The Barrow-Wight keep doing a great job staying above suspicion!

hS
A shady bunch. Especially that last one.
Old 05-08-2020, 03:37 PM   #113
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Also, I've read through Hui's posts since yesterDay (assign him to Mordor for those walls of text!)
[Paddington stare]

[Looks over at Lommy and Sally praising Zil's QUOTE-Post of Doom]

[Paddington stare intensifies]

hS
Old 05-08-2020, 03:58 PM   #114
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
My wife said she heard me cry YES!!! in the room above her when I read the narration.
Is Pitch really appealing to meta reasoning in order to get out from under the suspicion umbrella? Is he that desperate to look like an ordo?
Old 05-08-2020, 04:00 PM   #115
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
[Paddington stare]

hS
To be fair, yesterDay I gave up and just skipped to the conclusion of every Wall of Text, regardless of poster. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to keep up with the "current events" as they were happening.
Old 05-08-2020, 04:06 PM   #116
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Welcome, Kitanna!
I died as I lived. Useless. And probably protecting wolves.
Old 05-08-2020, 04:16 PM   #117
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
[Paddington stare]

hS
That wall of text made my eye twitch. He should be banished to his own QT thread as punishment.
Old 05-08-2020, 04:36 PM   #118
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
QT -> Brinniel (1)
(known cobbler vote)
That's the Good Cobbler to you!
Old 05-08-2020, 05:14 PM   #119
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Which by the way makes stuff more interesting, because we will basically get a known wolf vote. They can bluff or double bluff or whatever but they're nonetheless leaving a trace
Or, we could just vote Brin again for sticks and giggles.
Or I could make a list of chaotic choices and you pick one from it.
Or you could make a list and I will pick from it.
Or we can both abstain until the DL and see what the other half of the thread comes up with as the "known wolf" vote.
Or, you could abstain and I would vote, in which case my vote would count over Rikae's and Kit's unless they pre-plan and band together.

Do you vote for a controversial player? For someone not widely suspected? For someone quiet? For someone who was once suspected but is not anymore? For the most suspected person at the moment? For a person never really suspected seriously? For someone that the GT has associated close with you as a potential mate? Or for someone who they decide cannot possibly be your mate? Are you triple bluffing or quadruple bluffing? And which one of these is the guiding principle?

What they don't realize is that the level of bluff rises as the stakes fall, and one QT vote 2h before DL accomplishes, well, not much. How high can we set the bar?
Old 05-08-2020, 05:16 PM   #120
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

PS. More butter!