The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #2841
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Bring out your dead! Bring them out so they can read the Downer!

And now for your regularly scheduled Phalian.

Don't forget that if you've lost track of The Phantom and Alien, you can look back though the...

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING

If your head is still able to read after that series of craziness and stomach cramp inducing news, then you'll be happy to read the following words;
Grumbling. Shoes.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:32 PM   #2842
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
The Poor Children!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 04:17 PM   #2843
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

DEAR DOWNER
THIS WEEK’S GUEST COLUMNIST- Urwen

Nerwen writes- Who is better- Maedhros, Glaurung, Eru, or Beren?
Urwen answers- Well Maedhros is totally out, since he’s the one that made Melkor mad enough to make the plague that killed Lalaith. Plus everyone knows Melkor used Maedhros’s severed hand as source material. Glaurung was very very mean to Lalaith’s family, and he probably even laughed when she died. And Eru didn’t spare her somehow, even though her brother was. What, was she unworthy?! Big jerk. And Beren wouldn’t give the Silmaril to Feanor’s sons, so they got mad, and that’s why Doriath didn’t help Maedhros’s alliance, and if they had maybe they would’ve been strong enough to move quicker ahead of the plague or maybe Melian could’ve healed Lalaith or something. So no- they’re all bad!

Rikae writes- Would you be so kind as to come up with a scenario in which Lalaith marries Aragorn?
Urwen answers- Ha, I thought of that years ago!
Maedhros: “Never mind Morgoth. We give up. Let’s talk.”
Morgoth: “Okay, so, you surrender now?”
Maedhros: *stalls* “Um….”
Morgoth: “So….?”
Maedhros: “Ha ha, I was kidding! Just giving time for all children to be evacuated! Now we fight!
Thingol: “Yes, we will take care of Turin and Lalaith for you, Hurin.”
Melian: “And I will send Lalaith to Beren and Luthien and have them put her into enchanted sleep, because I had a dream that said Turin would marry his sister!”
Hurin: “Thanks, you guys are great.”
Luthien: “Hi, Lalaith. We’re taking you up to a cave in Ered Luin to sleep.”
**Many years pass**
Cirdan: “I’ve lived around here a long time, but never noticed this cave before.”
Lalaith: “I’m awake now!”
Cirdan: “I will send you to Elrond to grow up. He can tell you all the history you missed.”
Elrond: “Good job Lalaith. You’re completely smart now, and a good fighter and everything.”
Lalaith: “Who’s that?”
Elrond: “That’s my adopted son, Aragorn. He just got back from a long trip.”
Aragorn: “You’re really pretty and funny and stuff. I like you.”
Lalaith: “Yay!”

Galadriel55 writes- I think that the next logical step after obsession with a fictional toddler would be obsession with a real life toddler. What do you say to that?
Urwen answers- I'm kinda there already. I killed my parents so I could have my little sister, and I made her to answer to “Lalaith”. When she started looking too old to be Lalaith, I killed her and had her stuffed. Now she can always be my Lalaith! I love going on walks with her (I pull her in a wagon).

Phantom writes- Who’s your favorite Tolkien character?
Urwen answers- Oh, ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Sally writes- I heard a rumor that you’re secretly Nog, and he created your account just to have a bit of fun with us.
Urwen answers- Oh my! Perhaps we can have a private chat about this?
Old 02-28-2011, 04:23 PM   #2844
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
That last one totally happened, except the chat had nothing to do with Nog being Urwen.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:50 PM   #2845
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hahaha! Really? Urwen, you'd really kill Lalaith because you're upsest with her?

Quote:
Who’s your favorite Tolkien character?
What a question!
Old 03-02-2011, 01:31 PM   #2846
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Did you do anything with Greenie's eyes on that pic, Hookbill, or is that a light effect? She looks so blissfully zombified!
Old 03-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #2847
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Did you do anything with Greenie's eyes on that pic, Hookbill, or is that a light effect? She looks so blissfully zombified!
No, but I wish I had.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:01 PM   #2848
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

A magnificent round of lies and slander! Also, this weeks' Downer.

Thanks to Blind Guardian for this weeks second story!

Don't forget that if you've lost track of The Phantom and Alien, you can look back though the...

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING

There's a joke I meant to do in P&A around here but I completely forgot about it. I'll have to do it later. It was very funny.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #2849
narfforc
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

narfforc has been trapped in the Barrow!
Anyway you look at it , the world is really really realy, real.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:04 PM   #2850
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I just want to say: I have no grudge against De Phantom. And the horses look cool!

Oh, and that child freaks me out. Look at his eyes!
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:28 PM   #2851
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

When lies just aren't enough, there's always The Downer!

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING

Yes, I'm lazy and like to re-use old art whenever it suites me. Thanks for noticing.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:43 PM   #2852
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Check it out! My brother (of Volume 3 fame) did a neat little picture of Evilos the evil killer of death!

Old 03-17-2011, 05:00 PM   #2853
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I like his little vest.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:23 AM   #2854
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

That child still freaks me out. *shivers*
Old 03-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #2855
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I like the 3-D effect!

What's that blue thing on the right?
Old 03-18-2011, 03:26 PM   #2856
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Looks like a spacetime singularity that has been misused as a voodoo doll to me.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:00 PM   #2857
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Grab hold of your shirts and wriggle about in your chair! It's time for some news!

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING

Ho hum.
Alien and mayonnaise. They always end up together. If you're wodering why Alien isn't being burned by the mayo, you should remember that the mayo that burns him is clearly of the fat-free variety. Full fat mayo is okay with him.

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 03-20-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:05 PM   #2858
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Whoa...that was a wicked day dream of awesomness and terror and mayhem and......*slips back into day dream*
Old 03-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #2859
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Eeep! The lost hour made this late. Sorry...

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING

It's all coming to a head. A BIG HEAD! WITH A BIG NOSE.
Yeah, sorry, no idea what I'm talking about here. But isn't that what the Downer is all about?
Old 03-27-2011, 07:14 PM   #2860
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quick! Bann B-W before he destroys the whole world!

Errr...

Oh.

PS: is it the delicious grass that made his face so powerful?
Old 03-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #2861
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
That article is grossly misleading. First of all, I DID NOT drink Rune's immortal soul. Okay, I tried to once, but it turned out he doesn't have one any longer. Sold it to the devil for beef and lager, apparently. Secondly, I DO NOT drink human souls. Well, there's some of it in my distillate, but there are many other ingredients as well...

Last edited by skip spence; 03-28-2011 at 12:45 PM.
skip spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:37 PM   #2862
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
That article is grossly misleading. First of all, I DID NOT drink Rune's immortal soul. Okay, I tried to once, but it turned out he doesn't have one any longer. Sold it to the devil for beef and lager, apparently.
Next week there'll be a follow-up article - Truth About Rune Finally Revealed!
Old 03-30-2011, 09:20 PM   #2863
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
TGEW tried to drown herself in a pot of tea.
I see my reputation precedes me, Galadriel55.

Also, the lovely stories written by the guest writers these past three weeks is random and ridiculous, just how the Downer should be. Superb.
Hook, your writing is funny as always.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:14 AM   #2864
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGEW
I see my reputation precedes me, Galadriel55.
I got the idea from this. It was a few weeks back:

"Police discover plot to destroy Tea Pot. TGEW called in to assist."

Old 04-03-2011, 05:06 PM   #2865
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Keeping YOU informed and ignorant at the same time! It's the Barrow Downs' third best Newspaper!

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING

Wahay! These prison scenarios are a lot of fun to write. I hope you find them mildly entertaining. Isn't it nice to see the phantom and Alien interacting properly for once? That's not happened for AGES! I've missed it.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:32 PM   #2866
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

The Phantom reminds me of Raven from Teen Titans.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:28 PM   #2867
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

"...is good for the digestive system."

Of course a hobbit would say that!
Old 04-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #2868
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

News trousers at the ready... It's time for the Downer

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING

Loved by ents and Tom Bombadil! Well, they liked it when I drugged them anyway.
All this talk of prison reminds me too much of my home life. I hope the phantom and alien escape soon.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:56 PM   #2869
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

"Soapy biscuits!"

I'm going to use this some day!
Old 04-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #2870
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Another example of shoddy journalism. I can personally assure you all that the phantom does not like blonde wigs. He greatly prefers brunettes.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #2871
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

News jumpers and hats at the ready... It's time for the Downer

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING

Squatter's hat is very important to him. NEVER INSULT IT!
Old 04-24-2011, 05:04 PM   #2872
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

News worthy??

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING

That duck painting is evil! I wish I'd never drawn it!
Anyway... It's dawned on me that I'll probably have difficulty in making and posting the Newspaper when the Downer Finland moot takes place. Hmmm. I can make some in advance, I suppose, and hire a lackey to post them for me - like I did when I was in hospital a few years back. Any other ideas, loyal readers?

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 04-24-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:12 AM   #2873
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I tried to open the door but it was Deadlock Sealed, so I opened the window instead. But there was just a face, and not a nice face at all. Perhaps Aulë was right...

Last edited by Eönwë; 04-25-2011 at 04:59 AM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:38 PM   #2874
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
No, no, no. That's the wrong door. The right one has "police box" on it. And it's bigger on the inside.

Also: Wigs are not cool. Baskets are cool. As are Stetsons. Fezes, no. Just no.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:13 PM   #2875
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bom Tombadillo View Post
No, no, no. That's the wrong door. The right one has "police box" on it. And it's bigger on the inside.
Somebody clearly has a grip on how to get into Hookbill's good books!

Quote:
Also: Wigs are not cool. Baskets are cool. As are Stetsons. Fezes, no. Just no.
Everything the phantom wears is ipso facto cool. (With the possible exception of that silly green cap in the comic.)
Old 04-27-2011, 02:32 PM   #2876
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Somebody clearly has a grip on how to get into Hookbill's good books!
It's a shame I threw my good books into a black hole, isn't it?

Quote:
Everything the phantom wears is ipso facto cool. (With the possible exception of that silly green cap in the comic.)
Hey, that hat is top of the line! State of the art! Crisp of the cusp! Good stuff!
Old 04-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #2877
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
It's a shame I threw my good books into a black hole, isn't it?
Quite the contrary. One can never do too much to promote literacy among singularities! Why, rumour has it some of the poor things are so uncivilized they still go naked!
Old 04-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #2878
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
True. But does it remain cool once he takes it off? Or does an insufficient quantity of coolness rub off onto it to make the item itself remain cool?

Quote:
Quite the contrary. One can never do too much to promote literacy among singularities! Why, rumour has it some of the poor things are so uncivilized they still go naked!
Really?

Best throw a few copies of the Downer in there, too; how else would they know what really (doesn't - er, does! Does! Don't hurt me Mr. Hookbill . . .) goes on in the world?
Old 04-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #2879
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
True. But does it remain cool once he takes it off? Or does an insufficient quantity of coolness rub off onto it to make the item itself remain cool?
Hmm. This is hard to answer without extensive experimental testing, but my working hypothesis would be that taking it off would be equivalent to taking it out of the fridge; the rest is entropy.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:04 AM   #2880
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

YOU GUYS!

Sorry! I completely forgot to post last week's paper and P&A... Eeeek!

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING

Right, so you get another instalment in a few hours.