The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-07-2009, 07:57 AM   #241
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Looks like there's a consensus that Hakon and Brinn are most suspicious. Now all we have to do is wait for the living lover to reveal their roles?

edit: wait, did the lover already submit her(?) choices or is yet to?
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:59 AM   #242
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Looks like there's a consensus that Hakon and Brinn are most suspicious. Now all we have to do is wait for the living lover to reveal their roles?
I second this request. This information would be much appreciated before analysis is over.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:24 AM   #243
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
I still wonder about the wilwa-kill. Since Boro pulled two tricks to flush out gifteds, the librarians are very aware how dangerous those are. But why did they think wilwa could be gifted? Maybe they're applying more than one strategy at a time...
I posted everything Wilwa said on Day One, which is to say, approximately nothing. No hints that I could see.

It is odd, now that we know Boro was one of the pack– you'd think he'd make gifted-killing a priority.

Or was the plan to do something as uncharacteristic as possible? Makes me wonder if all the wolves are/were old hands. (Or paws.)

I agree that Brinn's and Boro's posts near DL look as if she's the snitch and as if he had guessed her identity. It could be, though, that she's a wolf playing cobbler.

EDIT: X'd since my last post.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:30 AM   #244
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:

edit: wait, did the lover already submit her(?) choices or is yet to?
Quote:
If one of them is killed by a wolf then they get a revenge kill but it has to be used the next Day. The lone lover may also give this up to learn the role of two of their fellow players as well.
Ambiguous.

Lari? Are you there?
Old 08-07-2009, 09:11 AM   #245
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
In which case his last posts point to Brinn.

But here's the problem with this: the last wolf doesn't usually want to kill a seer that has pointed them out as evil, because then that wolf has to contend with a village hell bent on lynching them on the posthumous orders of the dead!Seer.
But what Form said was:

Quote:
since I do incline to think Brinn is a wolf
If Brinn is the guilty party she might have thought she had some chance of talking her way out of it... better anyway than face a definite accusation toDay from the supposed Seer.

This is speculation, though. He could have been killed to frame her. (Which would suggest you're not a wolf, Fea, since you're not taking the opportunity to push Brinn's guilt.)

You might still be the snitch, though. This sounds rather snitch-ish (if that's a word)–

Quote:
I have a hunch who the Evil Two are, but it's purely a hunch, so I don't want to say it and end up with people jumping down my throat for blithe commentary like Nerwen did yesterDay.

Or just ordo-Fea attention-seeking. As usual.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:15 AM   #246
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

So, apparently we have two scenarios. Form was killed to frame an innocent!Brinn, and those suspecting her are more likely to be guilty.

Then, we have the reverse side of that spectrum, where she really is. The biggest question is, what evidence points to which?

Or is there an arguable case against anyone else?
Old 08-07-2009, 10:02 AM   #247
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
Ok. I just went through all the posts and I believe Mac is innocent. He flushed out Boro.
Form kept on putting the spotlight in Brinn and now he's dead. Not sure that really looks good for Brinn. I'm leaning towards Brinn being either a wolf or the Snitch.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:05 AM   #248
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
If the last Lover were to reveal themselves, what's to guarantee they won't be night-killed? Granted, the Ranger could protect them for as long as they could, but still...

I'd rather someone give their analysis, like Mac did, than to outrightly reveal themselves.

That's all I have to say for right now, as I'm off to work and won't be back till around 6:30 PST to post. Make sure I've got some interesting postage to read when I get home!

Last edited by alonariel; 08-07-2009 at 10:11 AM. Reason: X'd with Mac
alonariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:36 AM   #249
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessa Telrunya View Post
Or is there an arguable case against anyone else?
What, you missed the Hakon-talk?

...I'm wondering about the Hakon business: if he and Boro were packmates, you'd think Boro would have simply waited until Night so he could ask him via pm. That's not certain, though: Boro might have just got excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonariel View Post
If the last Lover were to reveal themselves, what's to guarantee they won't be night-killed. Granted, the Ranger could protect them for as long as they could, but still...
Even if the Lover hasn't picked a wolf, a couple of known innocents, or innocent + snitch would be useful... but the problem is that if the Ranger protects the revealed Lover, he can't protect anyone else, and the wolf will know this.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:36 AM   #250
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Huh, but once the lover revealed the roles or got their kill, wouldn't they be about the same as an ordo?
Old 08-07-2009, 10:39 AM   #251
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Huh, but once the lover revealed the roles or got their kill, wouldn't they be about the same as an ordo?
That's true, actually: I wasn't thinking clearly in my last post. It's late in my neck of the woods.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:44 AM   #252
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

So once the last librarian knows who they are, there wouldn't really be a point in killing them anymore, would there? Unless the lover reveals their own role before their revelations, in which case there they would be a danger to the snitch and wolf. Of course, that's not likely to happen now that I've pointed that out.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:55 AM   #253
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
So once the last librarian knows who they are, there wouldn't really be a point in killing them anymore, would there?
Oh, there'd still be a point– known innocents are a threat to the villains– but there'd be at least one other known innocent (also, I think we can regard Mac and Nienna as almost-known innocents).
Old 08-07-2009, 11:04 AM   #254
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Sally posted this on the admin thread:

Quote:
I asked Lari the same question yesterday and this is what she told me.

X and Y are lovers. X dies. Either Y gets to kill someone the following Day (a la Shasta in my game, but without the coin flip) or they pick two people and get to know their roles (they get no other dreams in the game, but that one Night they can pick any two people and find out what they are).
So it looks as if the remaining Lover chose the dreams* last Night– i.e. we can't count on said dreams being Brinn and Hakon. I was working on that assumption, but it helps to be sure

*Narration says that "she decided instead to Google the histories of two of her fellow classmates".
Old 08-07-2009, 11:53 AM   #255
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

So, as of now, we have no idea who the remaining Lover decided to dream of. And I also noticed the Google thing in the narration, Nerwen. Let's hope something useful is revealed.

But even if the final wolf/snitch isn't revealed, it will be nice to have proven innocents. It's easy enough to believe someone isn't a baddie, but it's different when you know for sure.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:59 AM   #256
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Anyway– I guess we have to await further developments.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #257
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Well, seems no one has come forward with anything new. Deadline is 1am in my timezone, so I can't post right up to then. I'd really rather have some new developments before I cast my vote.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:35 PM   #258
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I think the lone Lover has already revealed him/herself... won't say who I think it is, a la Fea, but yes.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:41 PM   #259
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Actually, on second thought, I will. If I'm wrong, then it will give Fea something to do, and if I'm right, we're in a situation where it won't do much harm at all, especially since the remaining Lover has used up their powers.

Quote:
This group contains the last Librarian and the Snitch. I'm quite sure of it.

Alona
Autume
Brinn
Hakon
Nessa
Shasta

I don't think Alona is the wolf, and if Nessa or Hakon are, they really don't deserve to win because they've both posted less than the mod.

I have a hunch who the Evil Two are, but it's purely a hunch, so I don't want to say it and end up with people jumping down my throat for blithe commentary like Nerwen did yesterDay.

Time for breakfast, and must write an essay before I go anywhere or do anything else.
I think Fea is the lover and dreamt of two of Nerwen, Mac, and Nienna.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 08-07-2009, 01:57 PM   #260
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Ambiguous.

Lari? Are you there?
To clarify, Form's lover gave up the revenge kill in exchange for learning the roles of two players. There is no revenge kill happening.

And Sally also answered it, thanks Sally!
Old 08-07-2009, 02:04 PM   #261
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
They had discussed this possibility. They knew it was a risk. They had always thought it would be her to die first, though. She didn’t know if she could continue on without him.

Emotions in Nienna were running strong. She knew that at this very moment she probably had enough rage in her kill. He wouldn’t want that. He wouldn’t want the violence of his death to be repeated by her. She understood this and composed herself. Though she wasn’t going to kill she knew that she could not let her Formy die in vain.

All her years of schooling have taught Nienna something… how to Google.

google.com

… a blinking curser …

Autume98 enter. 137 results in .23 seconds.

Nienna looks down the page, frantically searching for some sign of were-librarian-ness.

A bunch of online forums and fan fiction links… but nothing that could even remotely be described as wolvery.

One innocent down. Now Nienna knows that she has only time for one more search. She had better make this one good.

google.com

… a blinking curser …

Nessa Telrunya enter. 3,920 results in .12 seconds… interesting.

Nienna’s heart is racing, she can feel the tension in her body as she looks down the page.

A few links down the page she notices a resume posted on Monster. Nessa must be looking for a job. Nienna reads through it and under employment history she notices the Barrow Downs High School. She keeps reading… employed as a …

Nienna jumps up and races to where everyone is congregated. Out of breath she looks around the room and points.

Nessa… is … the last … LIBRARIAN!”

Last edited by Nienna; 08-07-2009 at 02:05 PM. Reason: took out links
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:13 PM   #262
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

++ Nessa
Old 08-07-2009, 03:03 PM   #263
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Nienna, for all we know you could be the final wolf posing as the lover. It would be a pretty stupid move but you can easily convince that Nessa is the lover and then we vote her. It removes the final lover from actually revealing what they found out. It could work out.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:25 PM   #264
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Well, I could say a lot of things, some of them in agreement with Hakon, and some not so nice things about what I think of Nienna's little "plan". But the choice inevitably isn't mine, and of course I would plead innocence, regardless of my role, and she would obviously do the same. Anyone can pose as the lover, and this recent turn of events creates the perfect opening for a lone librarian.

All everyone else has to do is read through old posts and decide who is telling the truth. It's probably safe to assume I'm dead no matter what I do, so feel free to analyze every one of my posts.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:47 PM   #265
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
I believe Nienna is the other lover. I know that I'm innocent.

++Nessa
Old 08-07-2009, 04:02 PM   #266
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Or, I could be completely wrong in thinking Fea to be the other Lover.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:15 PM   #267
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Or, I could be completely wrong in thinking Fea to be the other Lover.
Fea and I are very similar.

And I do believe we have found our Snitch.

If I was the final wolf then I would not risk a fake reveal when pretty much everyone says I'm innocent. It would be suicide. I'm revealing as the Lover because I know who the final wolf is and the village can win toDay. If I was the final wolf and had the whole village convinced of my innocence then I would just sit back and watch you all massacre yourselves unless I had reason to think that someone thought of me as anything but innocent.

Sorry Nessa your ship is sunk.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:20 PM   #268
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Fea and I are very similar.

Interesting. We can't double lynch them, but I'd love to hear who you think it is.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #269
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post

Care to enlighten me?

I'm not even going try and convince anyone of my obvious innocence. Nothing I can say will do any good when people + librarian + snitch do what they will.

What, though, is going to happen when upon my lynching, my innocence is confirmed? What are you going to do when snitch/librarian!Nienna isn't killed during the Night?

Lastly, when the innocent you lynched is gone, I have a final wish. I want everyone to watch Brinn closely.

edit:crossed with Shasta
Old 08-07-2009, 04:39 PM   #270
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*sigh*

Nice try Nessa.

Since everyone is curious I think Hakon is the Snitch. It was just his post right after I revealed that makes me think this. I may be totally and completely wrong. I'm not pretending to have found out more than Nessa and Autume's roles. But it doesn't matter. Not at all. We have our last Librarian. Now everyone just needs to vote Nessa.

Village: What do you have to lose? Nothing. Kill Nessa today and then if she is innocent (I promise you she is not) you have my full permission to kill me toMorrow. We have done really well with lynching a wolf a day and I give you the opportunity to finish this toDay and Win.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:05 PM   #271
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Nienna is the Lover. She was my first dream.

Night One: Nienna (lover)

Night Two: Mac (ordo)

Night Three: Nerwen (ranger)

I've been waiting all day for Nienna to say who she found out, because I had such a solid list of NOT. I'd assumed Form was Nienna's lover, but anyway...

++Nessa
Old 08-07-2009, 05:08 PM   #272
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Old 08-07-2009, 05:40 PM   #273
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I see the living lover is who I thought it was. Good choice, Nienna! I'm glad you didn't listen to me.

++Nessa

Hey, Shasta, you got Fea's dreams right anyway!

Lools like a clean sweep.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:32 PM   #274
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Well, I suppose I'm as good as dead now. I even changed my sig in honor of it.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:17 PM   #275
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Nessa your old avatar was much nicer in my opinion.

Since we have found out that Nessa is the wolf time to vote.

++Nessa
Old 08-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #276
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

....Could I have played this game any worse? Seriously?
Old 08-07-2009, 07:46 PM   #277
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Well this has been a very interesting turn of events. I leave, asking for something fun to read when I get back, only to see the revealed Lover, Seer and Ranger.

Quote:
Don't feel too bad, Shasta. I thought Form was the last wolf and Brinn was the Snitch.

I stand corrected.

++Nessa
Old 08-07-2009, 08:52 PM   #278
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nice work, Nienna.

++Nessa.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:00 PM   #279
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Are you the snitch? You voted for a librarian on 2 of 2 days!
Old 08-07-2009, 09:05 PM   #280
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

In case there's any remaining doubt in anyone's mind: Fea is indeed the Seer, and she dreamed me last Night. The list was, I presume, for my benefit.

Shasta, you're not the snitch, are you, by any chance? I can't think of any other reason for you to be saying you played badly.

EDIT:X'd with Mac. Great minds think alike...