Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-04-2009, 10:47 AM   #1361
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Glad to have aided you, Lhuna.

You have a "her daughter" where you want a "his daughter".

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 02-04-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:16 PM   #1362
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Maybe Randver is Ginna's Mom in disguise. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

-- Folwren
Old 02-04-2009, 01:06 PM   #1363
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Kath, just incase you haven't seen the post, Erbrand has asked Kara to dance with him. Whenever you are ready, you may post a reply.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:07 PM   #1364
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
I think Ginna's mum just can't shut up in her grave and keeps on channelling her baser motherly feelings towards her husband.

This was posted while finishing lab report number 5 and almost starting on oral report number 1, both of which are due in 5.5 hours. Writer just woke up from a nap and is still very sleepy.

Oh, quite needless to say, my brain's turned to mush right now so even if I would really really love to have Rand respond right at this moment, I can't. Please wait with me until a bit of my sanity returns.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 02-04-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:41 PM   #1365
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Oh sorry Groin! (Ha, nearly called you Erbrand there. ) I did see that but forgot in the meantime. I will try to get a reply up tonight or tomorrow.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #1366
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Palantir-Green

I've been neglecting this thread for a while (and if it comforts you guys, I have been neglecting all my other RPG commitments as well ) but now I'm back and it all looks great. I'll see if there's anything interesting I can come up with for Modtryth, or if I can/want to continue with the boys&co.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:51 AM   #1367
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okedokie! Lommy and Lhuna? Are you going to post? Please, please, please, please, please?
Old 02-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #1368
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Lhuna asked me if she and I should do a PM built post, and I was fine with whatever she felt she needed. I haven't heard back yet. So we're waiting there.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:38 AM   #1369
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Oh, that sounds fun. I always like PM built posts.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:12 PM   #1370
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Sorry, I got stuck with surprise work a while ago when I was supposed to think on it. I'm replying to your PM, Elempi. (Again, useless to say this here. )

EDIT: So what happened is that I've decided not to PM-build a post because that will take much longer than when we post straight to the thread, and I don't want to risk you all getting impatient.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 02-07-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:41 AM   #1371
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'll post for Eodwine later today. No time now.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:58 AM   #1372
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Funny post, Foley. Just one problem: Eodwine has already introduced Rand and Saeryn to each other in my last post. I can either change that or you will need to alter your post ... unless you want Saeryn to have sudden short term memory loss......
Old 02-09-2009, 08:51 AM   #1373
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I had read your post. Really, I had. I got the impression that all he did was walk up to her and say to Rand, "I'm robbing the cradle." I thought Eodwine was just having a lapse of manners 'cause he was so excited. I guess I'll go back and read it again...

EDIT:

Ooooohhh! I see it now! That's funny, because when I first read your post, I saw it. And then when I re-read it to write a reply, I missed it and wrote according to my second reading. Bah humbug. I'll fix it.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:20 PM   #1374
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I haven't managed to do anything and now it looks like I'm going to be busy again... blah... I will try to take time for this RPG because I feel stupid since I'm being so inactive.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:28 PM   #1375
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Hey, Foley and LMP,

would it occur to Saeryn or Eodwine to charge Modtryth with some arrangements?

After all, she's been some jack-of-all-trades household organiser and she is not needed in the kitchens like the other women are.

If you drag her into this mess somehow I will be forced to write for her. Otherwise I can always excuse myself by saying "I'm busy and the Mead Hall can do without Modtryth for a while".
Old 02-09-2009, 07:38 PM   #1376
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Sure! It'll occur to one of them. We really want you to post.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:25 PM   #1377
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Perhaps Lithor could use her to help in the ceremonial stuff like carrying a standard, sword, or something along those lines. I'll look into what else needs to be done for the wedding. If any of y'all come up with a better idea you can post. I'm just thinking out loud here. I'll get back to you on this.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:58 AM   #1378
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

We could make Modtryth the wedding organizer! Put her in charge! ... at least, of the women's side of it. This actually makes sense because Modtryth is probably the only woman in Scarburg who has been through a marriage. Rowenna is hopelessly uninformed as to what is involved on the women's side for marriage, so there you have it.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 02-10-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:50 PM   #1379
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Aieeeeeeeee

Okay, you just have to inform me which customs you've picked...
Old 02-10-2009, 05:08 PM   #1380
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Okay, here's my take on this Eorling wedding.

Dress - whatever Saeryn has available will have to do on short notice.

Something blue - both Saeryn and Eodwine have blue eyes ( I think )- that will have to suffice.

Cake - Eodwine wouldn't put Frodides through such a battle on short notice, so whatever Frodides chooses to do on her own initiative must suffice.

Rings - Eodwine has presented a ring to Saeryn already. What Saeryn wishes to do about this is up to her.

Grooms' ancestral sword - Never really thought about Eodwine's sword, but since he is of the Eorlingas (a knight), he would have one from his father's father's father's (etc.). So we can work with that.

New sword - Eodwine intends to speak of this with Saeryn and see what Harreld either has available or can do; it need not be on short notice - Harreld can smith a new sword that may be ready in a month's time or something.

Wedding trip - Um, we're there already.

Hallowing of the site - we will keep to Tolkien's precedent and keep religious references out of it.

Exchange of handgeld and bridegift (otherwise known as dowry and brideprice) - This has already been decided upon and will be announced at the wedding with appropriate oaths spoken.

Wedding Oath - this is something that can be worked out here - other writers are quite welcome to make suggestions.

keys - as there is no door nor lock - only tents as of yet - there cannot be keys, at least for the rite - but they will be taken care of later when house and home are built.

relations of the bride & groom - Degas will give Saeryn away. There is no mother of bride nor groom at Scarburg, but Modtryth could stand in for mother of the bride. We can forego parents for the eorl.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Feel free to add your two cents (or more).

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 02-10-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:14 AM   #1381
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

It's my fault for disappearing again, but I need a little favour, Elempi. Do you mind if you take Randvér with Eodwine when he goes to see Harreld, instead of letting him look for Ginna? I was hoping to let Rand and Harreld talk that way.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:22 AM   #1382
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Okay, Rand will stick with Eodwine for a while. I'll fix my last post.

Post edited, with a smidgeon of heightened tension.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 02-12-2009 at 05:27 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:42 AM   #1383
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Thanks, Elempi.

Ooh, I'm so tempted to post with Randvér saying something like, "Indeed? And what must I know about this Harreld?" while in truth he's thinking How come you never mentioned him, Eodwine? But I think I'll just let him go straight to the smith. Better that way; Harreld gets no warning whatsoever.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:23 AM   #1384
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Ha! There, I've posted, and brought it right up to the point of conflict (or at least where conflict can begin). Not to mention, I've brought Modtryth's name into the mix, so we're preparing to drag Lommy into the preparations.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:49 PM   #1385
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Poor Harreld! I know exactly how he feels.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:54 AM   #1386
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Lhuna!

Hey Lhuna!

Oh LooooOOOOOOOna!

It's your turn. Please take it soon. Like real soon.

Is that enough pressure?

Or would it help if I threaten to write Rand for you and make him be intimidated by Harreld and take a liking to him and offer his daughter to be Harreld's bride?
Old 02-16-2009, 08:35 AM   #1387
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Or would it help if I threaten to write Rand for you and make him be intimidated by Harreld and take a liking to him and offer his daughter to be Harreld's bride?
Oh, that would be SO not fun! I hope you can post soon, Lhuna.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:16 PM   #1388
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

If it is alright, I'll have a post up for Lithor and his gang later tonight. They can get started with putting up all the stuff for the wedding. Unless there are any objections, I'll have the gang turn to Modryth for directions.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:37 PM   #1389
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Aiee you guys truly are dragging me into this. The only problem is that I can't write anything now (and I've been terribly busy with... partying since school's ending - in a way, a long thing to explain) and I'm going to a summer cottage tomorrow to lock myself up to stufy for my final exams... but I'll be back for the weekend so I can write on Friday or Saturday. I hope that's not too late.

PS. Nog says you'll hear from him in a day or two.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #1390
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
If it is alright, I'll have a post up for Lithor and his gang later tonight. They can get started with putting up all the stuff for the wedding. Unless there are any objections, I'll have the gang turn to Modryth for directions.
Perfect, Groin! And you can put words in Modtryth's mouth unless Lommy posts before you do.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:20 AM   #1391
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Really no pressure there, Elempi.

I'm really sorry, I'm having crazy weeks left until graduation, what with med school interviews and thesis and lots of lab reports and other things I would not enumerate for your sake. I'll try to post before this week ends. No promises, but I'll do my best. Sorry guys.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:03 PM   #1392
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sorry for the delay there Groin! RL struck.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #1393
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Sorry for the delay there Groin! RL struck.
That dratted RL. Thankfully, RL has no precedence in the land of the dead!

I have gotten a post up for Lithor, but not yet for Erbrand. I will try and get his up as soon as possible Kath.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:18 AM   #1394
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Just letting you know I'm here and I'll post now during the weekend.

But before that it would be helpful if you LMP (and Folwren) would brief me about which traditions you've picked and what you want the Rohanian wedding to consist of.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:50 AM   #1395
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
But before that it would be helpful if you LMP (and Folwren) would brief me about which traditions you've picked and what you want the Rohanian wedding to consist of.
Please see post # 1380 for my 2 cents.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:01 AM   #1396
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Please see post # 1380 for my 2 cents.
Sorry LMP - somehow I just missed that post. My bad. I'll get familiar with it now.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:00 PM   #1397
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'll be gone for the next two days on a weekend hiking trip. Lommy, I will get a response up for Lithor and the boys as soon as I come back. That is, of course, if you have posted. I will also get a post up for Erbrand. I'm sorry Kath, my turn to not to write.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:21 PM   #1398
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I edited the beginning of my RPG post for Erbrand's response to Kara.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:43 AM   #1399
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I hope that what I wrote is ok. If it's not, you can ignore the un-ok parts and I can edit once I come back, ie next weekend.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #1400
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Found your post Groin and replied to it.