The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2008, 06:24 AM   #41
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Hello,

I have a quick question for any British Downers...

Does one need reservations for a train from London to Oxford? I'm leaving to Oxford on Friday and am slightly panicked as the website won't let me reserve that short of notice...

And is it fairly easy to hop on a train with a large load of luggage? I was planning to take a bus, but unfortunately there's a luggage limit. I'm traveling with three months worth of stuff, so I have a lot of luggage...

If you are travelling early evening it may be busy. At least you are starting from the Terminus. I advise arriving in plenty of time for your train since it may well be waiting a while, then you can either get it in the guards van or grab the luggage racks at the end of each carriage - and a nearby seat. Good luck ... .

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:24 AM   #42
obloquy
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

obloquy has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to obloquy
Tomorrow's the big day. We leave early, flying from Spokane to Chicago, Chicago to London.

Plans have not changed much since my last post, but everything is finalized now. London, Stockholm, Brussels, Paris, Galway/west Ireland. We'll be seeing Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds in London on the ninth. I've taken notes of all the suggestions in this thread and made some Google maps to take along. Thanks again, everyone. I appreciate the help.

Here's the itinerary: Friday 25, Arrive in London; Saturday 26 London; Sunday 27-Tuesday 29, Stockholm; Wednesday 30, Brussels; Thursday 1 (happy anniversary!)-Saturday 3, Paris; Sunday 4-Thursday 8, Galway; Friday 9, London; Saturday 10, London.

If you live in one of the cities we'll be visiting and want me to buy you a beer, ring me up at +447924445649 when I'm in town.
obloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:37 PM   #43
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Have a good, safe trip, Oblo, and a very enjoyable time with Mrs. Oblo!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:11 AM   #44
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Thumbs up

I hope you're having fun! God knows when I'll have a real vacation again, so I am jealous, but in a good way.

xoxo