Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2007, 10:35 AM   #1521
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
And I want to see just how that turns out without writing it myself, so we could perhaps just have the three avoid each other after the well incident?
That works.

My Lenten fast is the computer. Period. The only exception will be my job, and to check emails once per day, so as not to miss important communications. I also will be going on a 36 hour retreat with my wife to St. Gregory's Benedictine Monastery in Three Rivers, Michigan. It's an Episcopal monastery, but the only real difference is that everything's in English.

Thanks for the well wishes!
Old 02-21-2007, 01:18 AM   #1522
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
And I want to see just how that turns out without writing it myself, so we could perhaps just have the three avoid each other after the well incident?
Works for me, too. Or Frodides could keep Ginna SO busy that she won't even get to see the two.

My last post has been editted, by the way, to make Harreld more of a bumbling fool (as Elempi put it).

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 02-21-2007 at 01:59 AM.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:18 PM   #1523
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well...sitting still and not writing anything most certainly won't bring him back any faster. If we write, though, it may help pass the time. (I speak as though we were all mourning after Elempi's loss... )

What can be done? Firefoot, should Javan do something exciting to rouse you to write for Leof? Tara, what about Lys? (I've been rather lazy with Thornden, lately...)

Elempi said that Eodwine and Falco with Rileg will be going on a day's outing (or more) to the ruins. I suppose that means we have to finish this day and send them off on their way on the next day. Kath, did he give you directions for this?

What's happening with Nogrod and Celuien and their lovely children and fathers?

Come, come, I'd love to be able to work on this more. I haven't touched the game thread in ages for my own writing... But that's because nothing seems to be happening that my characters can take part in. Of course, it's probably partially my fault.

-- Folwren

-- Folwren
Old 02-23-2007, 06:27 PM   #1524
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
What's happening with Nogrod and Celuien and their lovely children and fathers?
I'm waiting for Cnebba to come back to the table.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:28 PM   #1525
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I'm here to write for Leof... I'm a little at a loss for what to write, though. I'll try to come up with something this weekend - but Folwren, don't wait for me if you can think of something for Javan.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:46 PM   #1526
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Elempi said that Eodwine and Falco with Rileg will be going on a day's outing (or more) to the ruins. I suppose that means we have to finish this day and send them off on their way on the next day. Kath, did he give you directions for this?
I think he gave us pretty much free reign for two game Days. If we wrap up the storylines of today in the next week or so we could move on by next Sunday. If that's ok with everyone?

Celuien and Noggie - are you ok with getting the children and parents fed and off to bed?

Lhuna and Lommy - I guess you need to finish serving and head back to the kitchen?

Form and I need to finish that post and get Kara and Nain home.

Folwren, Firefoot and Tara as well - perhaps the three of your characters could sit down for dinner and talk over the day? I'm not sure you ever got a chance to show the reaction to meeting Rilef so you could do that there?

I'm just trying to work out where everyone is and what they've been doing. Does this sound like it would work to everyone? Don't want to overstep my role.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:46 PM   #1527
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sounds good to me, Kath.

Firefoot, I'll post sometime tomorrow about my characters getting to the table. Thornden and Javan will sit together, and Lys and Leof can, too, if you want them to. What they discuss can be decided upon then.

Kath, are we just going to leap to the next Day?

-- Folwren
Old 02-24-2007, 09:56 AM   #1528
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Kath, are we just going to leap to the next Day?
Yes I think so. When all the stories from this day are wrapped up I'll probably write Eodwine, Falco, Rilef and Lefun heading off to the ruins and that can start the next day.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:29 PM   #1529
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Firefoot, I put some words into Leof's mouth. If you want it changed, I can... Otherwise, answer at your leisure.

I am leaving this evening and will be away from computers for three days. I'll probably return to check everything Thursday evening, but I likely won't be writing anything until Friday. I'll be here the rest of the afternoon, though, so if you do happen to reply before I leave, Firefoot, I'll try hard to make a last answering post before departing.

-- Folwren
Old 02-28-2007, 02:48 AM   #1530
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

I'm sorry, but I've been quite busy these past few days and will be busy for a few more. Lommy, if you're itching to write, you could bring Ginna back to the kitchen and have her help Modtryth in serving. I promise I'll be back to write for when they eat together.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:57 AM   #1531
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
I'm sorry, but I've been quite busy these past few days and will be busy for a few more. Lommy, if you're itching to write, you could bring Ginna back to the kitchen and have her help Modtryth in serving. I promise I'll be back to write for when they eat together.
Okay, I don't have an uncontrolable itch... I'll write when I have time, in the weekend at the latest.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:15 AM   #1532
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
Okay, I don't have an uncontrolable itch... I'll write when I have time, in the weekend at the latest.
Apparently I do. I'll be putting up a post in a bit.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:23 PM   #1533
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Firefoot,

I've answered your post, I'm glad to say, and I've introduced a new thread of discussion. I believe Kath wants to move time forward on Sunday, but I think we could get a couple more posts in. If we don't finish the conversation, that's fine. I just thought I may as well try....

-- Folwren
Old 03-03-2007, 10:11 AM   #1534
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

It doesn't have to be Sunday. If there are still conversations going on we can leave it a few more days yet.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:14 AM   #1535
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lommy, I wonder if this is the time for Modtryth and Ginna to bond? Not exactly the best time for me, but I'm sure it'll be okay.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:47 AM   #1536
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Sorry about that, I didn't obviously manage to write in the weekend.

Quote:
Lommy, I wonder if this is the time for Modtryth and Ginna to bond? Not exactly the best time for me, but I'm sure it'll be okay.
The time RL wise or RPG wise? RPG wise they should at least meet and exchange some words, RL wise we don't need to write it that soon, if you're busy right now.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:45 AM   #1537
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'm adding this to the end of my post, #669, on page 17. It's Taraphiel's answer to Thornden's question in that post. Just wanted to let you all know.

-- Folwren

---

Taralphiel's post:

Lys chewed on his lip, eyes downcast as he thought on the question. He knew so little about himself, and the thoughts of his possible physical uses were inhibited in part, if not all, but the limp he still carried. He needed strength, but if was to ever come, it would do so with more time. Hrethel was a patient man for good reason. He could not remember any skills he once had…and so it would be left to him…to start over. Just as his sudden start in a dark alley had left the rest of him.

“Thornden…I should like…to learn. I do not know what I am good at. I do not know what…I enjoy. I know I enjoy spending time with you, and Javan and Léof. But I do not think those things would make up skill…” Lys laughed a little and looked up at Thornden.

“I heard…in passing from some of the children…that there are classes. Do you think I’d be able to try to learn? I am much older…but I do not know what I may have once known…”
Old 03-06-2007, 05:17 AM   #1538
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
And to follow up on that...

Jenny: Are you comfortable with Lys joining Marenil's class?

I'm not sure about the current roll of students, but I'd like to ask you all if you think it's a good idea. The age difference is obvious, but I'm hoping for equally obvious reasons it can be overlooked. :P

- Tara
Old 03-06-2007, 06:38 AM   #1539
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Tara - Jenny has not logged onto the Downs in more than a month. I wouldn't expect a reply from her - just go with what you think is right (it's what I had to do with my final soon-to-be-posted post in AiE...). I like the idea of Lys joining the classes.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:26 AM   #1540
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Are we all waiting to move on and change the day? Is it possible to do so?

-- Folwren
Old 03-07-2007, 05:04 PM   #1541
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I posted for Leof and I think that ought to cap off their conversation if we want to move onto the next Day. I'm ready to.

A question about Eodwine's day trip... do you all think they'll take horses (can Rilef ride...?)? If so, Folwren, that might have an effect on our earlier ideas.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:22 PM   #1542
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hm. Probably. What sort of effects are you thinking? I'm not thinking (or remembering) anything right off the bat just now. I mean, I know our ideas and plots and plans, but we really laid no definite ways of going about it... Are you thinking this is a good place to start?

And if you think it best, we can move to PMing.

-- Foley
Old 03-08-2007, 03:40 AM   #1543
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
I'm also keen to know when the day changes. If it's not changing here, can Lys step into the conversation?

Fire: You are right of course. I know Jenny hasn't been around, but I saw it as courtesy to still air my request anyway. I think that Lys right now isn't capable of too much physical work. This seems the most logical thing.

- Tara
Old 03-08-2007, 02:34 PM   #1544
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

If you guys are all done we can change tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:28 PM   #1545
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
If you guys are all done we can change tomorrow.
I am ready...
Old 03-09-2007, 02:54 AM   #1546
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I'm not sure if I and Lhuna are ready... She hasn't replied my question about time yet... Of course we can place the posts later if it's needed, though.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:11 PM   #1547
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Well we'll give Lhuna til tomorrow to reply and then if she hasn't we'll move forward.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:29 PM   #1548
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

I'm here! Sorry, I've been busy, what with the term about to end.

We could probably just PM-build a post, Lommy. What think you? Ginna and Modtryth will just be eating together and talking, right? But I have a feeling it will take too long, so if ever, we might just have to place the post later.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:55 AM   #1549
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Ok then, give me til I get back to uni tonight (as that's where the post is) and I'll get the end of day up and start the next. Probably around 10/11.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:28 PM   #1550
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

I'm not going to change day now because I want to sort a couple of things out with Hama first. Should be up tomorrow though.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:25 AM   #1551
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Sorry, I can't do it, not within the next two weeks. Feel free to move the time.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:07 PM   #1552
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Ok. We're now on the next day. I think I got everyone who was supposed to be on the trip gone, if anyone else thought they were meant to be with the group then yell at me so I can include you.

We also have a new guest. Folwren, I suspect that with Eodwine gone and Saeryn not around Thornden gets host duties. If that's alright with you?

Lhuna, will Ginna be available to serve Hama or should I have Kara do so?
Old 03-12-2007, 02:06 PM   #1553
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
We also have a new guest. Folwren, I suspect that with Eodwine gone and Saeryn not around Thornden gets host duties. If that's alright with you?
Oh! Sure, why not! I guess that's definitely reasonable.

-- Folwren
Old 03-13-2007, 05:32 AM   #1554
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Lhuna, that's alright. Then we just have to go on with assuming some things, but I don't think it will be a problem. Or then we can just post about the meeting in retrospective?
Old 03-18-2007, 04:37 PM   #1555
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hiya, just peeking in. I've caught up on this thread, and am about to read the rpg. I have been informed that part of the traditional Lenten fast is to NOT observe it on Sundays, so that's why I'm here, and will be on subsequent Sundays until Easter. Looks like Kath's doing just as well as I knew she'd do. Thanks again! Just one little smidgen of a query: Eodwine had intended to ask Modtryth to serve as hostess for the Mead Hall. Having been away for so long, did I forget to have Eodwine make the request? If someone wouldn't mind checking that out..... if not, then Thornden is just the type of fellow to assume that such duties might fall to himself if Eodwine has done nothing about it.

Now to read.....

...... done reading. Fine stuff! And welcome, Hama! Carry on.....

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 03-18-2007 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:55 AM   #1556
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Eodwine did not make such request, though we've discussed about it. Maybe he's been too occupied with other things and still wondering about it...?
Old 03-19-2007, 02:55 PM   #1557
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

So...I can keep my post, correct?

Firefoot, do you want to post next, or may I? I wish to know what you want to do, so I don't jump in with a post before you get a chance.

-- Folrey
Old 03-19-2007, 03:33 PM   #1558
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Oh dear, has it really gotten to be a week? I'm afraid my focus has been slipping a bit here lately.

If you have something in mind, go ahead, Folwren...
Old 03-19-2007, 03:35 PM   #1559
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I would rather prefer you to write a post, if you possibly could.

I know how it is to have one's attention slip. That's how it is with me, and that's how it's about to be. I've plunged into another horrible set of writer's block.

-- Folwren
Old 03-19-2007, 04:12 PM   #1560
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

All right. I'll put up a post sometime tonight or tomorrow.