The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-28-2000, 05:33 AM   #1
Sharkū
Hungry Ghoul

Sharkū has just left Hobbiton.
Ring Sex in the movies????

<BR>Catchy headlines always work <br> <br> But seriously, how can anyone plan to make a very expensive trilogy without having at least some eroticism in the movies? Even the most serious movies have sex-scenes, only to make the movies appeal to simple-minded.<br> This way, I don“t think Peter Jackson can afford to stay true to the books in this context; maybe he would not want to include amourosities more than in the novel, but he“s likely to be forced to do so by &quot;da bosses&quot; who fund the whole thing in first place, and who want to earn some millions.<br> <br> So who would be the first very close couple? There is no suitable one in &quot;The Fellowship&quot;, right? So maybe they“ll go into detail about Aragorn and Arwen, or Čowyn and Faramir. Or will they confirm my suspicions and show Frodo and Sam fooling around? Who knows... <p></p>
Sharkū is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2000, 05:55 AM   #2
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ring

<BR><br><br> Though movies about homosexuals are currently in vogue, I'm positive that Peter Jackson won't go anywhere close to that topic. <br> <br> Good movies don't have to have sex in them. All PJ has to do is appeal to the large portion of today's moviegoers that will demand some kind of romance in their movie. He's already increased Arwen's role substantially to satisfy those viewers.<br> <br> On the other hand, if PJ follows the books closely, he won't even SUGGEST sexuality. Now what kind of boring movie would that be ???? <p><i><a href="mailto:barrow-wight@kitgraphics.com">The Barrow-Wight</a></b></i><br> <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com">The Barrow-Downs</a></p>
Old 06-28-2000, 07:38 AM   #3
Sharkū
Hungry Ghoul

Ring

<BR><br><br> It wouldn“t be boring at all, I assume. The books of ME are not even romantic most of the time, and still they“re not boring.<br> Of course don“t good movies need sexuality, but most often they still contain it. Sometimes it ruins the whole movie, and I“m afraid there might be the possibility of this in the LotR movies. <p></p>
Old 06-28-2000, 11:27 AM   #4
noldo
Haunting Spirit

noldo has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> I think that Tolkien didn't eject enough romantic feeling to his story that they would burst as sexual scenes in the movies. <br> <br> I think we won't see anything on the far other side of kissing in the movies. <p>noldo </p>
noldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2000, 01:10 PM   #5
galpsi
The Unquiet Dead

galpsi has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> I just wish that we would get to see the exposed hollow of Smaug's left breast. Ooooo! Hot stuff! <p></p>
galpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2000, 01:11 PM   #6
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Ring

<BR><br><br> LOL <br> <br> Now that's funny. <p><i><a href="mailto:barrow-wight@kitgraphics.com">The Barrow-Wight</a></b></i><br> <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com">The Barrow-Downs</a></p>
Old 06-28-2000, 01:36 PM   #7
noldo
Haunting Spirit

Ring

<BR><br><br> LOL. This truely is the place to catch some incorrect LotR-humor. <p>noldo </p>
Old 06-28-2000, 02:39 PM   #8
Sharkū
Hungry Ghoul

Ring

<BR><br><br> Hey, now I know the true reason why they are up to leave out Tom Bombadil - they just don“t want to show the hobbits running around naked on the Barrow-downs! <p></p>
Old 06-28-2000, 02:44 PM   #9
noldo
Haunting Spirit

Ring

<BR><br><br> <br> <br> Leave me alone! Leave me alone! <p>noldo </p>
Old 06-28-2000, 03:02 PM   #10
galpsi
The Unquiet Dead

Ring

<BR><br><br> Has anybody else always thought of the album cover for Who's Next whenever they thought of the Barrow Downs?<br> <p></p>
Old 07-04-2000, 09:29 PM   #11
Gandalfer

Ring

<BR> Sex in the movies??</b><br><br> I dont know about the director Peter Jackson or what his views are on it, however although subtle Jrr.T did lead some people on. It all depends on the director himself and his views on the discriptive nature of Jrr.<br> Take Goldberry she was described as beautiful and in much detail sparking Frodos intrest, she's not in the movie but others such as Arwen and Galadriel are and may be exploited but we shall have to see and who can tell. <p></p>
Old 07-07-2000, 10:18 AM   #12
burrahobbit
Hidden Spirit

burrahobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Using the sex thread to come closer to a milestone</b><br><br> I just had a moment of inspiration. There *can't* be any sex in the movies. Not to keep from ruining the movie. Not because it isn't in the book. But because Peter Jackson is under contract to make a PG-13 movie. I'm surprised no one else thought of that. <p>What's a burrahobbit got to do with my pocket, anyways?</p>
Old 07-07-2000, 04:22 PM   #13
galpsi
The Unquiet Dead

Ring

<BR> Re: Using the sex thread to come closer to a milestone</b><br><br> Good thought burrahobbit. Who knows; how much can a director &quot;get away with&quot; with in a PG-13 movie. I recall that the Pharoh's girlfriend got away with some prety sexy, sheer get-ups in the Mummy movie, but then so did Pharoh's daughter in the Ten Commandments. <p></p>
Old 07-07-2000, 05:41 PM   #14
burrahobbit
Hidden Spirit

Ring

<BR> Re: Using the sex thread to come closer to a milestone</b><br><br> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there can be any actual sex. Only implied sex. <p>What's a burrahobbit got to do with my pocket, anyways?</p>
Old 07-07-2000, 05:58 PM   #15
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Ring

<BR> Re: Using the sex thread to come closer to a milestone</b><br><br> There won't be any sex, burrahobbit. So it'll be OK for all of us to go see it Where could they possibly insert a sexually explicit scene anyways? Drunk hobbits at the part doing the Horizontal Springle-Ringle?? I think we're safe. <p>The Barrow-Wight (RKittle)<br> I usually haunt <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com">The Barrow-Downs</a> and The Barrow-Downs <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi">Middle-Earth Discussion Board</a>.</p>
Old 07-07-2000, 06:49 PM   #16
galpsi
The Unquiet Dead

Ring

<BR> Re: Using the sex thread to come closer to a milestone</b><br><br> I believe that using the phrase<br> <blockquote><i>Quote:</i></b><hr> doing the Horizontal Springle-Ringle<hr></blockquote><br> on this site's entry at Twenty-Five Hobbits might just increase hits! <br> <p></p>
Old 07-07-2000, 07:17 PM   #17
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Ring

<BR> Re: Using the sex thread to come closer to a milestone</b><br><br> I'm considering changing the site name to HorizontalSpringleRingle.org(y) <p>The Barrow-Wight (RKittle)<br> I usually haunt <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com">The Barrow-Downs</a> and The Barrow-Downs <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi">Middle-Earth Discussion Board</a>.</p>
Old 07-07-2000, 07:28 PM   #18
burrahobbit
Hidden Spirit

Ring

<BR> Re: Using the sex thread to come closer to a milestone</b><br><br> Good idea. I am now formally *not congratulating myself for the 69th post in the movie section, which is ironicly in the sex thread. <p>What's a burrahobbit got to do with my pocket, anyways?</p>
Old 08-02-2000, 03:55 PM   #19
Gandalf12

Ring

<BR> Re: Using the sex thread to come closer to a milestone</b><br><br> I think that sex in LotR movie will totally kill it and get some peeps sued. I mean it's not like some kissing would hurt, but even sexual scenes would ruin it, and probally some 12 year old kid somewhere would be fooling around with some girl. There are more Hobbit and LotR fans out there than you know... and some of em fantasize with Eowyn in the Houses of Healing... Sheesh. some people are really sick... <p></p>
Old 08-02-2000, 03:56 PM   #20
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Ring

<BR> Re: Using the sex thread to come closer to a milestone</b><br><br> yeah.... what kinda sicko would even come up with a thought like that ??? <p>The Barrow-Wight (RKittle)<br> I usually haunt <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com">The Barrow-Downs</a> and The Barrow-Downs <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi">Middle-Earth Discussion Board</a>.</p>
Old 08-03-2000, 10:53 AM   #21
Suldaledhel
Eru's Gift

Suldaledhel has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Sex in LOTR??!!</b><br><br> I do not feel that Lotr shall have to have even the slightest hint of sex or even romance in it to be a success. What matters is that the plot and characters are up to par. PJ should'nt have to worry about putting these irrevelant additions in. But I fear that already he has succumed to the dull minded opinions of the masses who haven't read the books. After all did we read Tolkien's works for romance and sex? I daresay no! I for one have read them for the tales of honor bravery and feats that this world hasnt seen for a good while. This is what will make the movies a success not sexual appeal. <br> <br> Goodbye and farewell wherever you fare and may your eyries recieve you at the journey's end!!! <p></p>
Suldaledhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2000, 05:08 AM   #22
gamegie
Wight

gamegie has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Sex in the LOTR!!!!!</b><br><br> I sure hope not to see any sex scenes in the films, however I believe there will be a kissing scene. This will involve Faramir and Eowyn in Minas Tirith and I believe it will be filmed with great effects.<br> <br> To continue with the theme, no drunken hobbits but what about a few pretty female elves in the Lothlorien bathing naked in pools of clear blue water under the blossoming trees.......... PINCH ME...... <p></p>
gamegie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2000, 05:25 AM   #23
Gothmoga
Pile O'Bones

Gothmoga has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: Sex in the LOTR!!!!!</b><br><br> At last I feel I can contribute to the BD,now that it has gone down market,thanks Galpsi.<br> <br> Sex in the Movie is a must,, How else can they portray the scene where Boromir gets shafted against that tree??<br> Indeed multiple shaftings were seen to occur.. <p> "They come slowly forth and Glare." <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Creating a Simple link</TITLE></HEAD><A HREF="http://pub23.ezboard.com/bminasmorgul">Minas Morgul,</A></BODY></HTML></p>
Gothmoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2000, 07:34 AM   #24
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Ring

<BR> Re: Sex in the LOTR!!!!!</b><br><br> So Legolas shafts countless times througout the films? What a ho. <p>The Barrow-Wight (RKittle)<br> I usually haunt <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com">The Barrow-Downs</a> and The Barrow-Downs <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi">Middle-Earth Discussion Board</a>.</p>
Old 09-04-2000, 08:58 AM   #25
Gothmoga
Pile O'Bones

Gothmoga has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: Sex in the LOTR!!!!!</b><br><br> A Ho fo sure,,why He even tried shafting the Nazgul steed..<br> <br> PS Found some wings now ..so I must have been wrong all along... Doubt it tho' <p> "They come slowly forth and Glare." <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Creating a Simple link</TITLE></HEAD><A HREF="http://pub23.ezboard.com/bminasmorgul">Minas Morgul,</A></BODY></HTML></p>
Gothmoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2000, 08:43 PM   #26
dogtrot
Animated Skeleton

dogtrot has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: Sex in the LOTR!!!!!</b><br><br> yes that whole helms deep orgy scene, really not what i paid to see. <p></p>
dogtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2000, 09:35 PM   #27
galpsi
The Unquiet Dead

Ring

<BR> Re: Sex in the LOTR!!!!!</b><br><br> Careful, you'll get Amy going on Gimli/Gamling slash. <p></p>
Old 09-06-2000, 01:15 PM   #28
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Mister Underhill has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ring

<BR> Re: Sex in the LOTR!!!!!</b><br><br> Most likely you can expect a tone similar to the Star Wars movies. Meaning don't expect much except a racy costume here and there and maybe a bit of chaste kissing. The LOTR story, the action-adventure, and the SFX are the selling points, not oiled babes in midriff-baring chainmail and leather. Not that there's anything wrong with oiled babes in midriff-baring chainmail and leather. <br> <br> My guess is that the movies will focus mostly on the action sequences and will greatly condense and simplify travelling sequences and expositional scenes like the council of Elrond. Over the arc of the trilogy, I expect that the Frodo-Samwise-Gollum triangle of relationships will have the most depth and dimension. Think of The Empire Strikes Back</b> -- the relationship between Luke and Yoda is where the character development and philosophy comes out, intercut with Han, Leia, Chewie, etc. having various adventures and a bit o' romance along a parallel plotline.<br> <br> <p></p><i>Edited by <A HREF=http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00000005>Mister Underhill</A> at: 9/6/00 3:18:46 pm<br></i>
Mister Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2000, 05:31 PM   #29
dogtrot
Animated Skeleton

dogtrot has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: Sex in the LOTR!!!!!</b><br><br> where does the line for the oiled babes and chainmail begin? am i too late for this viewing? can i buy an advance for the next showing? sorry mr. underhill you make some good points and i like the whole frodo-sam-gollum take.i just couldn't help myself(been in the woods to long!). <p></p><i>Edited by <A HREF=http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00000039>dogtrot</A> at: 9/6/00 7:35:56 pm<br></i>
dogtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2000, 11:01 PM   #30
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Mister Underhill has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ring

<BR> Re: Sex in the LOTR!!!!!</b><br><br> Perhaps a successful showing by the LOTR movies can open enough doors to get that Yor: Hunter from the Future sequel going. And what are the Barbarian Brothers up to these days, anyway? <p></p>
Mister Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2001, 09:44 AM   #31
draggonklaw
Animated Skeleton

draggonklaw has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: Sex in the LOTR!!!!!</b><br><br> I agree with Gamegie...There won't be any sex (There better not be!), but there'll be a couple of Smootch scenes for sure. Arwen/Aragorn and Eowyn/Faramir. But I don't think it will be inappropriate. There is a little romance going on in the books between these folks. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00000071>draggonk law</A> at: 2/18/01 10:46:35 am<br></i>
draggonklaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2001, 12:27 PM   #32
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Ring

<BR> Re: Sex in LOTR??!!</b><br><br> <blockquote><i>Quote:</i></b><hr> Frodo and Sam fooling around<hr></blockquote><br> <br> nasssty, nasssty Old Man Sharku <p><a href=http://www.geocities.com/gl_century/Heren.html>HerenIstarion</a> </p>

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2001, 12:30 PM   #33
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Ring

<BR> Re: Sex in LOTR??!!</b><br><br> btw - what about hobbit romance - meaning Sam and Rosie? <p><a href=http://www.geocities.com/gl_century/Heren.html>HerenIstarion</a> </p>

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2001, 02:25 PM   #34
KayQy
Wight

KayQy has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to KayQy
Ring

<BR><br><br> Rosie as a lusty wench, overpowering the poor, rustic Sam, who has so far withstood the worst that Sauron could throw at him...*shudder* <br> It will not happen. It <i> must</i> not happen. <p><i>But tell me, who are you, alone, yourself and nameless?</i></p>

--OC Supertones, "Wilderness"

"Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter." -- Max Beerbohm
KayQy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 06:04 AM   #35
BilboFrodo
Pile O'Bones

BilboFrodo has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR>Don't understand</b><br><br> Sharku, I don't see how you can say Frodo and Sam are homosexual, there is not one bit of proof I can find that would say that, they would be friends. <p></p>
BilboFrodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 07:10 AM   #36
Suldaledhel
Eru's Gift

Suldaledhel has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: Don't understand</b><br><br> But its still a funny concept, and to think one is dwelling on this comment when mentioned above (or rather the next page) about Legolas shafting the Nazgul's steed!!! <i> *cringe* *shiver*</i> <p>-Sūldal ~ "See, half-brother! This is sharper than thy tounge. Try but once more to usurp my place and the love of my father, and maybe it will rid the Noldor of one who seeks to be master of thralls." -Feanor to Fingolfin- -=I may be found merrymaking at <a href=http://www.barrowdowns.com/>The Barrow Downs</a>=- </p>
Suldaledhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 05:14 PM   #37
Samwise of the shire
Wight

Samwise of the shire has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re:that is so sick!!!!</b><br><br> hack gag blurg why am I even posting on this thread?cause I'm weird,and I agree entirly with you burrahobbit exelent thought. <p></p>
Samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2001, 09:33 AM   #38
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Gilthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: Re:that is so sick!!!!</b><br><br> You want to know sick?<br> <br> <br> Reading this wicked, pruriant thread, a vile notion flashed through my mind. (Which doesn't say much for my mind!)<br> <br> <br> <i> Melkor and Ungoliant<br> Suckin' down the Trees<br> And K-I-S-S-I-N-G!</i> <p><center> <i>~~~<a href="http://www.geocities.com/robertwgardner2000">My Bare Bones Webpage</a>~~~</b></i> </center></p>
Old 03-16-2001, 12:38 AM   #39
Lady Eowyn
Haunting Spirit

Lady Eowyn has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: Re:that is so sick!!!!</b><br><br> You guys are really sick <br> But we really need some kissing in the movie, so we<br> girls can sit in there and go uuuuh aaaaaaah how<br> sweeeeeeet <p>And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00000065>Lady Eowyn</A> at: 3/16/01 1:43:33 am<br></i>
Lady Eowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 06:40 AM   #40
KayQy
Wight

KayQy has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to KayQy
Ring

<BR><br><br> And that'll make those sick guys even sicker. <br> <br> But hey, I'm a complete romantic. I especially look forward to the Faramir/Eowyn thread (they better not leave that out!) Bring on the smooching! <p><i>They cannot conquer forever!</i></p>

--OC Supertones, "Wilderness"

"Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter." -- Max Beerbohm
KayQy is offline   Reply With Quote