The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-21-2003, 01:57 AM   #41
Bekah
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Several miles over the madness horizon and accelerating
Bekah has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Bekah
Sting

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
like being very graceful. Like egotistical peacocks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have no idea how much that seemingly random phrase made me laugh!

*back on topic* I haven't read the thread in question, but...would 'promenade' be a word that would work? Stately, graceful, and all that sort of thing?
Thanks. I'm not sure whether I'm being sarcastic or not, it's hard to tell with me... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] And no, I don't think promenade is quite the word. Sorry. I think the peacock idea wasn't so good...one of the other examples was George Bush. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I think dancing would be about the best description. Except that nancers 'dance' during everyday activities. Legolas walking on top of the snow? I hope that's good enough...

But people, could we please keep on track, 'cos otherwise the Barrow-wight is not going to like this thread - which means he'll close it.

My eyes are different again, btw. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

So, let's see...I would definitely make myself an elvish wardrobe, probably using Galadriel's as my model. To be more like an elf. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Love,

~ Elentari II

[ February 21, 2003: Message edited by: Bekah ]
Bekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 08:49 PM   #42
Cúdae
Wight

Cúdae has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cúdae
Sting

Let's see... I have red hair, I'm tall and muscular, I like dark colors, and I have a sword which I use with my left hand.

I'll go for the female version of Maedhros look.
That's frightening.

I wouldn't go far enough to have surgery done to make myself look like a character, but clothes and costumes are fun. I have a gorgeous Arwen costume my aunt made for me. I don't look like Arwen though which ruins the whole effect. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

As for the eyes... I am still unsure of how eye color can change. Mine are dark, dark green. Although, I have heard that they are black in some lights (which has the tendency to frighten people).
Old 02-22-2003, 09:14 AM   #43
Purple Elf
Animated Skeleton

Purple Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I have wanted to look like an elf for as long as i can remember!

My hair is waist length and i am growing it longer it is dyed red atm but it is all different shades as i have changed my colours a lot, so all the (now) varying shades of blond streaks (from previous coloured highlights) are different reds which looks kinda cool.

I have always said i would never have plastic surgery, but pointy ears hmmmm

I think i have the height, just, 5" 9' and a half, got to remember the half! and im kinda skinny so i think that works.

At the moment i am pushing my style towards being more elven, i think now im a sort of urban Elf, but then im Art studenty aswell.

About eye colours changing though that is pretty elven, just take Orlando's eyes! Blue, Brown what the hell are they!, they change in the film! mine are blue with yellow centres!

so keeping on topic how far would i go well im going further with my style but pointy ears hmmmm, don't tempt me frodo!

ooo also i got a comment that i looked like liv Tyler the other day yay!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ February 22, 2003: Message edited by: Purple Elf ]
Old 02-22-2003, 09:40 AM   #44
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

eleanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Tolkien Town sells cheapish elf ears that I really want, but my mum says that she will not allow me to spend my money on rubbish.

Yellow centres? You drunk or something?

I go to Scotland reguarly and when ever I do, the accent stays for about a week. Then I sound like Billy Boyed, and I love it!
Old 02-22-2003, 10:30 AM   #45
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Oh! You are soo lucky! I wish I could go to Scotland regularly. For how long do you go?
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 10:32 AM   #46
The-Elf-Herself
Haunting Spirit

The-Elf-Herself has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, my eyes don't change color, they're just green-grey-brown all the time. However, when I wear certain shades of clothes, they'll bring out a certain color in my eyes more than the others, causing them to look as if they changed. I'd never get plastic sugery for pointed ears, but then I already have slightly pointed ears. Whenever I style my hair in elvish fashion, they look very pointed, very weird because I'll look at a picture of myeslf and [i]know[i/] I wasn't wearing prosthetics and yet I look like I am. I already have three "elf dresses", my friends and I are into costuming and sewing our own everyday clothes. I'm growing my hair out, but I was doing that before the movie. My Mom always kept it cut short when I was a kid because it's easier to take care of, so I never knew until I grew it out how nice it was. It's a silky uniform brown, but has these odd auburn and blonde highlights. I'm going to grow it out to waist-length, then donate it to Locks of Love. Okay um, I'm tall, about 5'8'' and muscular. I've taken fencing for the past four years, it's nothing like lethal swordfighting but it's better than nothing.
Old 02-22-2003, 10:37 AM   #47
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Rosseiliantiel has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

I have already bought pointy ears, some elvish-looking clothing, and I have dark brown hair almost to my waist, so I could be Arwen except for one thing: I HATE movieverse Arwen. I like Eowyn's character better but I'm about as likely to dye my hair blonde as have my hands removed. Oh well.
Old 02-22-2003, 11:30 PM   #48
Bekah
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Several miles over the madness horizon and accelerating
Bekah has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Bekah
Sting

My hair used to be blonde. It's going mouse brown now, neither Galadriel-/Eowyn-like nor Arwen-like. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] But I'm not going to dye it, for several extremely good reasons. Which aren't relevant here. But oh, I wish my hair would go back to golden or darken enough to be like Arwen. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

~ Elentari II
Bekah is offline   Reply With Quote