The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-15-2003, 12:58 AM   #1
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting How far would you go?

Boy! I'm just full of ideas, aren't I? Not all of them are good, but still. Anyways, how far would you go to make yourself look like a character from LotR?

I think that I might dye my hair that golden blonde that Merry's is. Or maybe let it grow and dye it either dark brown (Arwen) or light blonde (Galadriel). I just wish that it was curly. I also wish that my eyes had a definite colour to them. They're shade-shifter's, they are.
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 01:19 AM   #2
Taure Leafsilver
Wight

Taure Leafsilver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Taure Leafsilver
Sting

I already have most the qualities of an average hobbit. Im 14 and I'm only 4'10", my shoe size is 8&1/2-9 and I'm sorta chubby. (I'm the girl with glasses on my avatar)So the farthest I'd have to go to be a real hobbit is grow hair on my feet, which my friend talked me into doing for ROTK.
Old 02-15-2003, 03:53 AM   #3
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

eleanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Your avatar doesnt work for me, by the way.

I would do anything! I am currently growing out my hair to waist length (the length before I cut it).I is already the same colour as Eowyn's hair, and varies between dead straigt and wavy. It also varies in colour without me dying it or anything, but that is just a mystery to me [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
I would love to be Eowyn. I am training to use a sword, though when I do it I daydream about killing orcs and tend to get a bit violant.
The only thing that I want that is not about Eowyn is pointy ears, which you can buy on-line at Tolkien town, but which my mum says are a waste of money. Ah, well. Someday!
Old 02-15-2003, 05:27 AM   #4
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

I'd consider squirting some noxious liquid into my eye to look like Sauron.

Foot hair implants would be cool, but probably expensive. Does Regaine work on your feet? I remember Bart Simpson tries a hair growth formula on his chin to grow a goatee, but it never seems to happen. Maybe it's a hormonal thing... in which case my feet will probably look hobbity in twenty years, anyway!
Old 02-15-2003, 06:50 AM   #5
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i already look like just about everyone...
i have gollums mouth, which maybe i should just try to get rid of
Old 02-15-2003, 06:56 AM   #6
Arwen_Evenstar
Wight

Arwen_Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Would anyone go as far as plastic surgery? For pointy ears, say?
That'd be cool, but very disturbing at the same time.... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2003, 06:59 AM   #7
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i was gonna shave my eyebrows off so i could be more like grima (or as a tribute)
Old 02-15-2003, 09:59 AM   #8
Lossentilien
Wight

Lossentilien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I'm growing my hair to my waist. Unfortunatly it's only halfway down my back and doesn't grow very fast. My eyes change colour too, sometimes green/brown, green/blue, greenish yellow etc.
Often wear my hair slightly Elvish style. Would wear Elvish inspired clothes if I could find them anywhere.
Want to learn swordfighting, but can't find anywhere to do so. Am considering taking up horseriding again, used to be pretty good.
Old 02-15-2003, 10:58 AM   #9
Naldoriathil
Haunting Spirit

Naldoriathil has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

How do your eyes change colour, is there something your not telling us?! Presumably with contact lenses, otherwise I think you should a Doctor. Or I'm just not thinking it through very well.... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2003, 11:29 AM   #10
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Well, I have the look to be part Elf and part Hobbit. What I mean is, I am tall and everything like an Elf, but I have big feet like a Hobbit {Well, according to my sister}. I have thought about getting contacts to get my brown eyes changed to bright green. I am already growing out my hair really long. I would consider getting surgery to make my ears pointed, but I would much rather just wear some fake ones around all day. {I would actually do that}.
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 11:30 AM   #11
Lossentilien
Wight

Silmaril

It depends on what I'm wearing/weather/lighting etc.
I know lots of people who's eyes do that as well. Contacts'd be cool though.
Old 02-15-2003, 11:52 AM   #12
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I have NO idea what colour my eyes are! First they were blue when i was a baby, and NOW theyre a mishmash of colours!! I need a definite answer!! Waah!!
I think that for RotK i might dress up as an elf. My hair is about shoulder-length right now so it may be long enough for that. I dont know though.
AAARGH!! I CANT WAIT UNTIL DECEMBER 17!!
Old 02-15-2003, 11:55 AM   #13
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
I need a definite answer!! Waah!!
Just call them Hazel. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, if my height and my hair were both about four inches shorter, I'd be a hobbit. It's kind of creepy how much I'm like one, actually.... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Galadrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 03:42 PM   #14
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

I have gone to some lengths to look like a character already. I'm trying for the whole hobbit look, which works mostly, 'cept I'm too tall. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I always just say that I've had *way* too much Ent-draught. But, yeah, I have brown hair, green-blue-grey eyes (depends on weather, what I'm wearing...), and my hair can be very curly with little or no provocation. The only thing I have to figure out is the ears and the feet. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

But, yeah, I am definately dressing up for RotK. I've already got The Cloak (found the Fellowship Cloak pattern on the 'Net), and the Ring, Sting, and a shirt. Only a few more finishing touches and I'm ready!!!!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2003, 06:57 PM   #15
Vardadurwen
Wight

Vardadurwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well I used to have shorter hair, and my friend called me a hobbit because I'm fairly short. However, now that my hair is growing, I'm wearing it more in elvish styles. But now that TTT is out, I'm definitely all about Eowyn. However, my hair is dark brown, more like Arwen's (grr) than Eowyn's. I don't think I would dye it lighter either, because the roots growing out wouldn't like that great, but oh well.

I used to dress like a hobbit...well, like the guy hobbits do, with their shants and vests and such. And I can get my hair to curl the way hobbit women do.

Hey, Horse-Maiden, my eyes change colour too! They go from emerald green, to hazel, to orange, to brown! So don't worry, you're not the only person with bizarre eyes. Besides, having eyes that change is awesome...some kind of...elvish power maybe?! haha

'Now there's an eye-opener and no mistake!' - Samwise Gamgee
Vardadurwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 07:14 PM   #16
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressië Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressië Ailin
Question

Everyone I know sats that I look like Eowyn, but I just need to curl my hair (I'm getting a perm next week). Wish I could take up swordfighting, but I can't find anything. I'm already a great rider.

[ February 15, 2003: Message edited by: Eressië Ailin ]
Eressië Ailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 12:36 AM   #17
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

!!!idea!!!
Next time I go horseback riding Im going to buy a sword, Anduril or Sting or some sword and brandish it as I ride, pretending to slay Orcs as I go along...
Wish I was a hobbit...

AAH! Im not alone!!!
*nances furiously*
Old 02-16-2003, 02:39 AM   #18
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I would not really do anything serious, the only thing I am actually considering doing is growing my hair out. I am planning to make the green velvet dress that Eowyn wore (because it is just so beautiful [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ) and my hair is way too short for her charater. If I was to get the right look now I would have to get extentions, or wear a wig, and dye my hair. I think if I grow it just a little longer, and dye it, it will look fine, I will also have to make my hair wavey in a way.
Old 02-16-2003, 02:21 PM   #19
Duncariel
Wight

Duncariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think surgery for ones ears would be interesting, but to the extreme. You'd get some great looks though. My friend and I dressed as elves for TTT, but my hair still isn't long enough, probably never will be, *sighs*.......oh well. My eyes change colour with what I'm wearing, is this becoming a trend? December 17 is too far away.
Old 02-16-2003, 02:51 PM   #20
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dûm

Carlas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Carlas
Sting

I would love to have pointy ears(i wouldn't go as far as plastic surgery)! And I want to go to Scotland, and try to get that accent! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2003, 07:08 PM   #21
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

As much as I would like to have pointed ears, I would never have surgery to get them.
And I don't think I'd grow my hair out. The last time it was at my waist, I was seven. I have extremely thin hair, so long hair on me isn't that great looking (though I am a bit curious what my hair would look like long today). I couldn't really grow out my hair anyways because I'm a dancer and it's a major hassle if you have to slick back long hair into a bun all the time.
One thing I am planning to do is learn to swordfight. I've been wanting to for some time now, but only just found a place that does lessons. If my parents let me, I hope to start summer or fall.
Old 02-16-2003, 07:57 PM   #22
Maylin
Haunting Spirit

Maylin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Maylin
Sting

Yay!!! There are other people who's eyes change colour!!! Though for some reason or another, my eyes are green in the mornign when I wake up, grey all teh rest of the day, and bluer later. (though my friend once said that my eyes turn green when I'm mad:-D)

I prefer talking like a LotR character to looking lke one, though I would wear Elven garb if I found any.
Maylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 08:24 PM   #23
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Ah, yes. The accent.
Old 02-16-2003, 09:25 PM   #24
balrogman
Wight

balrogman has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

My hair looks like hobbit hair but im too tall to be a hobbit, so im gonna grow it more and go for the aragorn look. im almost 15 so i have to wait a while to get the stubble but o well [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] . The only diff will be that i will wash my hair lol [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2003, 10:12 PM   #25
Vardamar
Haunting Spirit

Vardamar has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I have tried and failed so far.
First I attemped to "pull a Legolas" so to speak, and walk on snow. Didnt work [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Next I tried to grow my hair long, but it went all curly and I had to cut it. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

When ever I try to walk HObbit siltent my joints creak [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2003, 12:22 AM   #26
InklingElf
Shade of Carn Dûm

InklingElf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to InklingElf
Tolkien

Let's see I haven't tried to get anywhere but let's see how far I can go by examining myself as I am: I have very dark-brown hair like Tyler's, it is also wavy (though I have to grow it a bit longer cause it's only just below shoulder's length). My eyebrows are like hers too. Well I haven't got blue eyes, but I have dark-brown ones. and height? well I'm 13 going on to 14 in April and i'm about 5'2; quite a disadvantage cause I'm Asian and not an elf. :shrugs: Ahh well, if you're trying to be an elf, height and pointy ears are disadvantages (for most people).

[ February 17, 2003: Message edited by: InklingElf ]
InklingElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 01:12 AM   #27
Bekah
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Several miles over the madness horizon and accelerating
Bekah has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Bekah
Sting

I tried to answer to this thread earlier, only I had to go to bed before I sent my post, and in the morning...oh well.

Anyway, I'm about 5'2". I think. Less than 5'3", anyway. But, if I stand on tip-toe, or if I have my (inch-thick soled) shoes on, I can look down to my father. Yay!!! *ahem* Anyway...

I used to have long, honey-blonde hair which went about half-way down my back, though I was going for waist-length...until (da da da dum) "avoidable circumstances". So I had to get my hair cut to about a centimetre long. And then...it started curling. Nasty, tricksy hair. Just when I wanted long, wavy, golden hair - which I had - I got short, curly, golden/mouse-brown hair, depending on the light. I've managed to get it to shoulder-length now, and it's not so curly, but I can still get an Albert Einstein look if I brush my hair forward and then fling it back. It's really weird...

Oh, and I have tricksy eyes, too. But not as weird as orange eyes sound. No, they were blue originally, and now they have a bluish-greyish-purpleish colour. Or one of the first two, sometimes.

What else...I have glasses. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] No Middle-earthean creature wears glasses, except Balrogs. (I'm joking!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] ) So, I better stick with the race of man. Too short to be an elf, and too tall to be a hobbit. My hair is...unruly, which I suppose is hobbit-like, only I want to be an elf. My eyes - when I'm not wearing glasses - are elvish. I'm an elf!!! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

If there was any way to make my hair grow faster, I'd do it. I'd worry about the other things later.

My mother's friend had a pointy ear. Only one, though, and it was natural - the other was normal.

What country are you from, InklingElf?

Sorry for all my rambling. Namarie, noldonyar!

~ Elentari II

[Edited to correct a smilie]

[ February 17, 2003: Message edited by: Bekah ]
Bekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 06:07 AM   #28
Lossentilien
Wight

Silmaril

What is it about Scottish accents?? Some of them are absolutly horrible!

All of you who are too short to be Elves:
why not be half-elves? Then you could say that one of your parents was a short human. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I have one pointy ear too, so that's my excuse, although I think I'm over 5'5.

It's good to know that there are so many people who's eyes change colour.

I'd learn swordfighting if I could find anywhere to learn.....
Old 02-17-2003, 04:35 PM   #29
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Dunno. I guess it's just my Scottish blood running freely in my veins once again.
LoL!! Funny avatar, Lossintilien (sp?)

Damn the glasses! I'm currently vying for contacts.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:58 PM   #30
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

Goldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Goldberry
Sting

yeah, my eyes change colour too. and they always have these strange reddish streaks around the pupil . . . . . . heh heh heh, maybe i have Sauron blood in me! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

anyway, i try to walk silently like a hobbit, but I'm not quite as silent as an elf.
ever since i became LotR obsessed, I have found that I'm always acting like Aragorn! i think its a definite improvement.
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2003, 05:09 PM   #31
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I've found that I started running like an Elf, using proper English, and just giving people evil stares when I am angry (such as Legolas does). Wow, and I am more of a hobbit person too!
Old 02-17-2003, 05:37 PM   #32
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Since becoming LOTR fans, me and my sister have developed a sudden urge to develop Proper British Accents [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2003, 07:55 PM   #33
Bekah
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

So do you wear glasses too, Horse-maiden? BTW, I didn't have glasses until...um...I know it was after I left school...sometime in 2001? That was when I cut my hair, too. And I'm home-schooled now. In fact, we're having a visit from ERO right now. Education Review Office. Nasty, tricky people. Actually, I just said that because I like the words. The guy's fine. Why don't I just apply those words to my blasted computer glasses, whose lenses keep on falling out? Stupid glasses. Costs too much for contacts, though, and I have bi-focals. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I like your idea of being a short half-elven person, Lossie...and I do wish I could visit Scotland some day. My sister is named after the island Iona, and I have 3/4 Celtic - Irish and Scottish - blood in me. Campbell blood, too. Crooked mouth. And I think there must be some Cameron blood because apparently I'm starting to get the crooked nose that my mother has. "There was a crooked woman..." [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I wouldn't go as far as plastic surgery...anyway, look at Michael Jackson. Not that anyone would be crazy enough to try to look like him. And surgery costs heaps, and you might as well buy an elvish ear mould and a lot of gelatin. Heaps. Tons of it. Because those ears don't last long...

The strange thing is, all those people who managed to look like noble men/women, or elves, or hobbits, or dwarves - don't look anything like them anymore!! Liv Tyler doesn't look like an elf, nor does Bloom...Viggo is clean shaven and doesn't look Aragornish...Bean isn't clean-shaven, but he looks nothing like Boromir - apart from the face - Elijah and Dom and Billy and Sean don't look like hobbits....why?!?!?

Apart from the fact that they need to look normal to star in other films. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Lots of love,

~ Elentari II
Old 02-18-2003, 12:48 AM   #34
InklingElf
Shade of Carn Dûm

InklingElf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to InklingElf
Tolkien

>points hurredly at Lossentilien<That's the cool Avatar I was talking about [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Bekah: I was born in the Philippines (an archipelgo a slight bigger than Japan). I lived there for 9 years and spoke the language (called Tagalog), so basicaly English is my second language. I moved to the US---San Francisco,California. I've lived here for 5 years (this is my 5th year), and I'm going to apply for citizenship soon.

[ February 18, 2003: Message edited by: InklingElf ]
InklingElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 05:03 PM   #35
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

YAY!! My eyes, though WEIRD, have a definite colour now!! They're sea-on-a-stormy-day blue near the outsides, and then they turn to green and eventually a splash of yellow around my pupil. Blue-green-yellow. Wow!
I have two questions:
1. What is thank you in Elvish?
2. What, exactly, is nancing? I know it's Elvish dancing, but how exactly do you nance?
Anyone, feel free to answer!
Old 02-18-2003, 09:21 PM   #36
Bekah
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Ooh!! I asked that question, and someone answered. Sorry, I forget which thread it was, but it is kind of like being very graceful. Like egotistical peacocks. I don't think I'm explaining very well...

~ Elentari II
Old 02-18-2003, 09:46 PM   #37
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Egotistical peacocks? How clear it is now!.....LoL!!
Oh, my throat! I feel like the Ringwraith's voices!
Old 02-18-2003, 10:11 PM   #38
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
Quote:
like being very graceful. Like egotistical peacocks.
You have no idea how much that seemingly random phrase made me laugh!

*back on topic* I haven't read the thread in question, but...would 'promenade' be a word that would work? Stately, graceful, and all that sort of thing?
Old 02-19-2003, 11:53 AM   #39
Lossentilien
Wight

Silmaril

Thank you in Sindarin is le hannon. But in the movie they say hannon le, so I guess you can use either.
Not sure what the Quenya is...
Old 02-19-2003, 07:50 PM   #40
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Le hannon, Lossentilien.

[ February 20, 2003: Message edited by: Horse-Maiden of the Shire ]