The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2007, 06:40 PM   #401
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
If I was the last wolf Lommy would be a bad kill as she and I had an understanding about who to vote for
What understanding was this Rune? That you and Lommy were going to vote for me, but then decided to wait to see what Nilp was going to do and then rode his coat tail and voted for Holby? I mean, it turned out to be a great decision, but you base your reasoning around this?

Quote:
if Nilp is the wolf he could have gotten you lynched yesterday.
C'mon Rune, do you honestly believe what you said here? I don't like the way that Nilp plays, but one should give him a little more credit than this. Killing his fellow wolf would be the best thing for him to do at this point in the game. Making himself look innocent because knowing that you two were waiting for him to make the decision...why would he do that to his fellow wolf? I'll tell you why. He knew that you and I are going to vote for eachother toDay and what a safer position for the last wolf to be in than to kill off his fellow wolf(and Lommy) and be the deciding vote....yet again.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:56 PM   #402
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Well, me and Lommy had been suspiciouse about the same people these last days, that was what I was reffering to.

Of course I have thought of the possibility of Nilp voting for his fellow wolf and you are quite right it would be a very clever thing to do. . . .but if he knew we were waiting for him to make the desition, why not pick you or me and take the win at that point?

It is not that I don't see your point, but the other scenario still seems more plausible.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:42 PM   #403
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I will go to bed now. . .but I will be back and vote, probably close to deadline.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:35 PM   #404
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Whatever

++Rune son of Bjarne
Old 01-21-2007, 02:52 AM   #405
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
The Eye I can't believe it.

I am not impressive?

Well, it did take me so long to get all of you, but . . .

++Rune Son of Bjarne

I did.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:12 AM   #406
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Congratulations Nilp. . . . .although it does not suit you when you compliment your self.

I would compliment you further, but I would not want to boost your ego anymore.

++Nilpaurion Felagund

Old 01-21-2007, 07:38 AM   #407
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
The Eye Sorry, sir.

It was just that I took umbrage at Valier calling me unimpressive.

Ah well ah well ah well. I could have done things a lot better.

Like forgetting the no-double-lynching rule and prolonging the game by a DAY. *sigh*

Still, I get to eat the wizard. I am quite hungry.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:46 AM   #408
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Yeah. . . .as said, you could have finnished it yesterday that was why I stuck with my suspicion of Valier.

I am somewhat glad that it was just a matter of you forgetting "no dubble lynches" and not that you just liked toying with your pray before devouring it.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:41 AM   #409
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
With only three people in the giant hall, the atmosphere seemed oppressive. Or maybe it was just the prospect of death hanging over them all.

"G-g-g-golly," said Valier the Grey. "It sure is spoooooky in here."

"Isn't it?" said Bifur jollily.

"I have a terrible feeling something's going to go wrong," said Runi shuddering.

"Isn't it great?" said Bifur.

"I'm going to vote for Runi," said Valier.

"In that case, so will I!" Bifur cried jumping up and capering about.

"Er," said the wizard. "Wait, um, can I retract my vote, just this once?"

"Not hardly!" howled Bifur.

"I knew it," muttered Runi.

"Wheeeeee!" squealed Bifur, jumping on Runi and divesting him of internal organs. Then he turned to Valier.

"Well my dear wizard-type chappess," he said. "It looks like it's you and I."

Valier gulped, and brought her staff to bear...

...tbc...

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:46 AM   #410
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
He chanted a song of Werewolfery,
Of piercing, opening, of treachery,
Revealing, uncloaking, betraying.
Then sudden Valier there swaying
Sang in answer a song of staying,
Resisting, battling against power,
Of secrets kept, strength like a tower,
And trust unbroken, freedom, escape;
Of changing and of shifting shape
Of snares eluded, broken traps,
The prison opening, the chain that snaps.

Backwards and forwards swayed their song.
Reeling and foundering, as ever more strong
The chanting swelled, Valier fought,
And all the magic and might she brought
Of Barrow-downs into her words.
Softly in the gloom they heard the posts
Singing afar in N-and-N,
The sighing of the Mods beyond,
Beyond the Haud-en-neghin, on sand,
On sand of bones in Barrow-land.

Then the gloom gathered; darkness growing
In Chapter-by-chapter, the red blood flowing
Beside the Books, where the Movies slew
Tom Bombadil, and stealing drew
Their white posts with their white topics
From were-lit havens. The wind wails,
The wolf howls. The ravens flee.
The mods mutter at the posts in ME-Mirth.
The captives sad in RL mourn.
Thunder rumbles, the fires burn ---
And Valier fell before the wolf.

WOLVES WIN!!

Old 01-21-2007, 09:53 AM   #411
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Game over! Thank you all for playing, and watching, and a special thank you to all the players for their patience with my screwy times.

This was an educational game for me. I learned that I had been spelling Anguirel and Nilpaurion Felagund's names wrong for...ever.

Dreams & Hunter picks & what-not:

Night one -

No picks

Night two -

Durelin seered Nogrod
Wolves chose Spawn
Kath - no pick
Farael - no pick

Night three -

Durelin seered Ang
Wolves chose Nogrod
Kath hunted Nogrod
Farael protected Nogrod

Night four -

Durelin seered Volo
Wolves chose Boro

Night five -

Durelin seered Valier
Wolves chose Durelin

Old 01-21-2007, 10:20 AM   #412
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Thumbs up

Great game!
Thanks Moddwen, I loved your moddwening, especially the theme song and the twisted names!

It was really close (from my view) to Nilp being killed on Night1, for not participating, luckily he came just in time to stop us. Really big thanks to Holby and Nilp, it was an honor to fight by your side!

Also a big and hairy "thank you" to Kath, who for some really strange reason decided to kill Nogrod, I was really worried when I heard that Farael died protecting somebody. Kath, I don't think that it's too wise to Hunt a loudmouth down when the Ranger/Protector succeeded the preveous Night...

It was a lot of fun being a wolf during the Night, but during the Day it was depressing, I wasn't allowed to be a help... Although I decided to play exactly as I would have played were I innocent, or Seer. A strange mix of those two. Nasty ol' Durelin, bite you for spoiling that!

Lommy it's really strange how you can be such a good innocent, as you haven't experienced wolfdom. I promised Aganzir that I'd laugh, so haha.

Valier, really good thinking there last day, I was actually worried if you'd turn on Nilp.

You fighting couple, Menel and Rune, great points! "Pity" that they wen't wrong...

Nasty ol' Anglock, you sure have the skill of making me panic! Just like Boro! Should have listened to Holby and killed Ang... Thanks for being evil to the Evil!

Fili and Kili, sorry to have killed you... They were my favourite dwarves in the Hobbit.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:26 AM   #413
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Thumbs up

An excellent game from a bystander's perspective. Well done to all, particularly the Wolves and, of course, Moddwen.

I rather suspected that the remaining Wolves were Holby and Nilp after Durelin's revelation. Holby has "past form" on encouraging the loudmouth innocents to talk themselves into lynching each other - as I know only too well. And Volo's damning analysis of Nilp, when the game was up for him, did suggest to me that it was a tactic designed to save a fellow Wolf.

Most entetaining, though, and, with due respect to the innocents, I did feel that the Wolves deserved the win. My only reservation is Durelin, who played her role excellently and did not deserve to end up on the losing side.

As for you loudmouth innocents - you only have yourselves to blame - as did my fellow innocents and I in a similar situation ...
The Saucepan Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:30 AM   #414
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
And Volo's damning analysis of Nilp, when the game was up for him, did suggest to me that it was a tactic designed to save a fellow Wolf.
Nah, I just wanted to play like I would have played as an innocent/seer. Of course you won't believe me, but that's how I felt about Nilp. Ok, I did make the analysis not trying to put any "good points" into it...
Old 01-21-2007, 10:50 AM   #415
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
*sigh*

You guys do know this means Nogrod and I will be blazing on in a "lynch the quiet ones" campaign again, right?

Sorry guys, for my very poor wolf finding abilities...though I guess I could've not found any.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:20 AM   #416
Volo

Yes, that's the sad thing, nobody will trust me for my ignorance again...

Success is, after all, the best way to get foes.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:41 AM   #417
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Way to go Nilp you won I must say that I did suspect Nilp was the last wolf the last day, but I was sure there was no way of switching Runes mind after his last post. I don't appreciate the way that Nilp played...Yes I am bringing it up again. You use your RL situation to your advatage. That to me is so wrong. I brought it up early because I was worried it would come down to what it did. Noone ever suspects Nilp. This is true just look what happened. I would say if you want kudos Nilp for your great win, maybe next time you can actually play without your RL excuses. You used this as a tactic....Yay good job.

Good job Volo you had me fooled. Holby not so good....where the heck were you?
Old 01-21-2007, 01:02 PM   #418
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
I would say if you want kudos Nilp for your great win, maybe next time you can actually play without your RL excuses.
I wouldn't say that Nilp used his RL situation as an excuse. He cannot help his time zone nor his RL committments. I think that he participated just about as much as could be expected - and moreso than many "quiet ones" have done in the past.

Nilp was the victorious Wolf, however, not because he was quiet, but because he came to be seen in the closing stages almost as a presumed innocent. He should take credit for having achieved that (through his astute voting), as should Volo for helping to create the conditions which led to it (with his damjing analysis).

Even though I am a loudmouth myself, I have always supported the "quiet Wolf" tactic as a legitimate one. Wolves come in all shapes, sizes and manners of verbosity - it is up to the innocents to find them. As I said, Holby has past form on this, and should have been subject to greater pressure in consequence. Volo can hardly be described as a quiet one and, as I said, I believe that Nilp contributed about as much as he was able.

I am afarid that us loudmouths have to face the fact that we are more liable to turn on each other, as innocents, than investigate the quiet ones. It is as well, as a loudmouth, to bear that in mind for the future.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:05 PM   #419
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Argh!!! When I saw Nogrod being suspected after I protected him... I was biting my nails trying to figure out of a legal way to warn you all, but that is quite impossible after you are dead.

Worst thing is that I was 2 for 2 in protections... or would have been if I had remembered to PM Moddwen on night 1. Yes, since I had no clue whom to protect I was going to protect my friend... Spawn.

And to think that RL got in the way so much for the first 2 days, and then after I was dead I had soooo much time to spare!! RL is unfair, I like the 'downs better.

Any way, well done to Nilp... and the other two wolves. My hats off to you.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:07 PM   #420
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry for the double-post

Quote:
I am afarid that us loudmouths have to face the fact that we are more liable to turn on each other, as innocents, than investigate the quiet ones. It is as well, as a loudmouth, to bear that in mind for the future.
SPM you are quite right... thus my insistence on lynching the quiet ones first thing in the game but truth is, I wanted to post to ask if you'd want to join another WW game soon... I still have something to settle with you.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:10 PM   #421
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Argh!!! When I saw Nogrod being suspected after I protected him... I was biting my nails trying to figure out of a legal way to warn you all, but that is quite impossible after you are dead.
Oops ... sorry Farael!

Good win wolves. After death I had Holby and Rune as the evil-doers, never imagined it would be Nilp! Killing spawn first night was a hell of a bluff so nice job.

And of course kudos to Oddwen for some truly gruesome deaths.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:41 PM   #422
Volo

Nilp came too late to oppose the killing of Spawn, as I said, we were going to kill Nilp at first. I didn't have a clue about them having a connection...
Old 01-21-2007, 01:49 PM   #423
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Surely. We do not make enough noise of the value of ourselves?

But to be a bit serious: just looking at the last two Days of the game was a bit depressive. One or two posts per person and then voting... It's a game, I admit, but not the game of werewolf I myself enjoy personally. As Saucepan Man said, I also agree that playing a wolf quietly is a legitimate strategy. It's up to us villagers to bring that strategy down... and we failed this time.

But it was fun as long as it lasted... and it was nice to see a game that lasted over the few preliminary Days also. The dynamics of four-five players left are a lot different than the ones in a crowded village.

Special thanks to Moddwen for her ingenious WW-setting in Beorn's Hall and especially for the tune! I really loved it!

Congrats to the wolves for a game well played!
Volo played nicely, not the least with his "framing" of Nilp, and even as I had my doubts about him in the end of Day2 he nicely escaped my attention on Day3 as I had to defend myself (how stupid of me...).
Holby was just an impressive quiet wolf: so sensible and reasoned! Great game! Had you taken a few a bit more daring steps on Day3 or 4 you might have lived even longer...
Nilp: I'm afraid the "lynch Nilp on Day1" -campaigns will gather momentum after this, but you played it beautifully, using peoples prejudgements to your advantage. Great playing!

Boro: Just as I was beginning to trust you we both died... well, maybe next time?

Durelin: Well played! Unfortunately it was not enough this time. I kind of trusted you (trust being a relative concept in WW-games) from early on. Sadly we were pulled down and badly this time. But it was not your fault!

Kath: How could we do that? I was hunting you down for wrong reasons and you killed me for bad reasons... Hopefully we can make it better next time?

Lommy: I just felt you were innocent because of the panic you had in the end of Day1 voting. Someone might have acted it, but you felt sincere enough for me.

Anguirel: I had deciced not to suspect you this time from the beginning beforehand and promised myself to ignore any that kind of sentiments to leave room for actual points. My God it was hard as you cried a wolf almost from the very beginning - and how wrong I was with you... again!

Rune & Valier & Menel: It's funny how I can see you all as villains so easily! You all topped my suspicions (inside my head) from the very beginning. But I was sooo wrong with you... as I always seem to be.

Farael: I'm getting a bit worried about this mutual understanding between us that has developed of late... but hopefully we can try it again on the same side with the same success we had the last time.

As always, it's sad to see good players going down on the early Days/Nights like Spawn and Kitanna... but one can't help it.

Eomer: I know you can make the difference in a game. This time you were given no chance for it. Sad, said as truly as one can say it in retrospect being one who helped your downfall...

Naria: I'll hope to see see you in a game again with a bit more time on your hands. I know you can make a difference!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:42 PM   #424
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I must say I had absolutely nothing right this game except saying Nogrod, Spawn, and Durelin were innocent. Completely baffled, kudos to the wolves.

I was sure Ang was a wolf and after poorfully lynching Kath, I was hitting myself for not pulling the trigger...but umm that didn't really work out too well.

Durelin made the comment of me being 'Boro lite' and that's when I tried to get back into things, as I had reached this big stage of laziness...and I wanted to get back into form. For the last 5-6 games before this I was either an innocent lynched on Day 1, a Seer who got some luck and found wolves early, or a wolf and I knew who to go after and how to attack them. I didn't really have to do a lot of work and go searching for things, so I was into this lazy mode. And until Durelin made that comment I was completely lost already.

Congrats to Oddwen for setting this scenario up, I'm sure the wolves were enjoying the three most talkative people at eachother's throats the entire time. And congrats again to the wolves.

Last edited by Boromir88; 01-21-2007 at 03:10 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:51 PM   #425
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Oh my goodness, the village really did "drown in blood" as a certain lynchee once said they deserved to.

I kept watching, though, and it was entertaining stuff, thanks to every player and the mod. Congratulations to the wolves and especially cousin Nilp for the victory.

I have to say I enjoyed the last few days and the simple posting that came with them. You only need one post a day. Most games are just filled with clutter that gets in the way.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:17 PM   #426
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Nicely done wolves.
And good modding Oddwen.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:49 PM   #427
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

The Eye 'ere we go again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
Way to go Nilp you won I must say that I did suspect Nilp was the last wolf the last day, but I was sure there was no way of switching Runes mind after his last post. I don't appreciate the way that Nilp played...Yes I am bringing it up again. You use your RL situation to your advatage. That to me is so wrong. I brought it up early because I was worried it would come down to what it did. Noone ever suspects Nilp. This is true just look what happened. I would say if you want kudos Nilp for your great win, maybe next time you can actually play without your RL excuses. You used this as a tactic....Yay good job.
I knew this would come up.

I am not in control of RL situation. It wasn't an excuse. You try living in the Philippines, bloody corrupt, bloody twisted Philippines, and let's see if you'll survive two weeks. I played to my strengths, however little they are. Even as an innocent, or a gifted, I still would have played that way.

If you feel that strongly about how I play I would be putting down my WW hat right now. I find it impossible to enjoy playing with someone like you alwaysbreathing down my neck like that.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:03 PM   #428
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Even though I don't know anything about Nilp and his situation, I would side him with this. One can't blame someone from not "flood-posting" in a place where a 24-hour net-access is not self-evident.

It's always hard for us others to judge someone in a WW-game who posts little and scarcely, but with Nilp I would be much more understanding than with people in places where I know it's not a question of the possibility of access...

In-game we can banter about anything there is one can come up with, but outside it, we should symphatise each other and wish each other well - and surely draw back from any claims we have presented in-game...

I mean Nilp played beautifully. Not playing with the quantity, but to my knowledge, adding to the quality much more than normally. And just because of that, you innocents - myself included - should have lynched him!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:25 PM   #429
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Boots

Hehe. This game proved two of my longstanding Werewolf beliefs. The first is the one about loudmouths always turning on each other.

The second, one which more often than not holds true, is that the ones whose posts scream "I am a Wolf!" at you (in this game, Eomer, Kitanna and Anguirel) are not the ones that you should be worrying about.

Generally, Wolves are the most adept at acting the least Wolfish.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:30 PM   #430
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

yeah Nilp benefited from RL reasons, but it was not the thing that made me think him innocent in the end.

Listen up people. . .If I am a wolf I die on day 2! That is the rule. . . only once have I made it futher and it was to day 3 or 4.

I am glad that I survived this long, but I am kind of embarraced that I never once suspected a wolf.

I think we had a great Moddwen AKA "The New Björk"

I would like to say that I find it very annoying that the games has developed so that most people post several books a day. First of all there is the whole aspect of time. . . It would take me hours to read through all the posts, so i have to skim throught them. And even when I do this I end up loosing interest.

There is only so much that can be analysed and most of these long things is just filling with out any true analysis. The thing that really gets to me and is the reason I bring it up, is that you get accused of not really contributing and adding new stuff. It annoys me because a 5 line suspicion can be as good, if not better than a 20 liner. I firmly belive that i have the right to agree, but people don't seem to share that view.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. Of course you can play like that if you wish to, it is just as legit as being quiet, I just really needed to get this off my chest.

I really enjoyed my self in the later stages of the game where it was more to the point, this was a game I will remember for a long time.

Old 01-21-2007, 05:42 PM   #431
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
My extreme apologies to Oddwen and my fellow players for disappearing.
A friend of mine was thrown from her horse and broke her back. So I've been busy with making arrangements and caring for her children. Thankfully no permanent damage and she has come home. So I'm very sorry to have messed anything up.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:47 PM   #432
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I'm not a quiet type, but Nilp didn't win by making excuses...he won by purely fooling the entire village into trusting he was innocent. It had nothing to do with excuses, everyone got duped into accepting he was innocent. That's how skilled wolves win and here's another congrats to you Nilp.

However, Rune as a loudmouth myself...I can't say I couldn't stop, because I probably could...but that's just the way I like to do it. I like to stir action, I like to talk it up, and that's the way I do it. As you say...

Quote:
Anyways, sorry for the rant. Of course you can play like that if you wish to, it is just as legit as being quiet, I just really needed to get this off my chest.
Each person to their own and 'play' as they see fit. The problem shouldn't be over how everyone chooses to play...the problem is are people starting to take it too seriously?
Old 01-21-2007, 05:56 PM   #433
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I've started getting more into long posts because I have fun with the reasoning...it become like a puzzle, and I like puzzles. Even though I'm not always very good at all at figuring them out.

I don't care if anyone has the time to read through all my posts...I don't really expect anyone to bother, whether or not they have the time.

As it has been said a thousand times, and I know is your feeling, Rune, it's just a game...and posting those long analyses (though I don't even know how mine get very long...they never seem very substantial. I suppose I'm just long-winded...okay, yes, I know I am...) and such are part of the fun for some of us losers, I suppose.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:10 PM   #434
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Now, gloating.

'tis true, what Volo said, I was too late to save spawn. And this was supposed to be our date--or some twisted form of it.

If she were to survive to the last few days, I don't think we would have won. Lying to her, even in such a petty setting, would be a bad habit to get into, after all . . .

But enough of that--I just want to say an 'I told you so!' to Volo (for not listening to me on NIGHT 4 about killing Durelin ) and a 'That was bloody brilliant!' for his Seer-impersonation. Along with (if you may forgive me for my vanity) my perfect deduction of Seer-Durelin's dreaming of Ang and Volo, it gave me the perfect aura of innocence. It was a treat playing with you.

It was a treat playing with all of you, too. Too bad about Eomer, Naria, and *sigh* spawn dying early.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:42 PM   #435
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
I am not in control of RL situation. It wasn't an excuse. You try living in the Philippines, bloody corrupt, bloody twisted Philippines, and let's see if you'll survive two weeks. I played to my strengths, however little they are. Even as an innocent, or a gifted, I still would have played that way.
I am offended that you even think that I was refering in anyway to where you live or the life style you live. I simply stated that you are always thought to be innocent, as you were in this game. You are the great Nilp. People jump at the chance to play in a game with you. The amount of posting and when you post is not my issue. I just hate the whole "Nilp is awesome, so innocent" thing displayed by almost everyone all the time (even myself at times) I, like everyone knows how you post and your suicide votes always bring groans, but it's always, "Oh that's just Nilp, that is how he is" Since the very first werewolf with you, even though I had no idea who you were, everyone else informed me of your ways. I have always had a problem with your ...shall I say special treatment.

Quote:
If you feel that strongly about how I play I would be putting down my WW hat right now. I find it impossible to enjoy playing with someone like you alwaysbreathing down my neck like that.
Don't worry you needn't throw down your hat. I officially throw down mine, for at least awhile. To keep the peace if and when I do return to Werewolf, I promise I will not partake in any game that you are participating in.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:12 PM   #436
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88

However, Rune as a loudmouth myself...I can't say I couldn't stop, because I probably could...but that's just the way I like to do it. I like to stir action, I like to talk it up, and that's the way I do it. As you say...
But my dear Borromir, I am sure that you will find that your posts has become consiterably longer, compared to earlier games. (I haven't checked)

Anyways it is a tendency I spot and don't get me wrong, I love when people make a good long analasys of a person. But when half of the players makes 3 a day, well it just gets too much, plus there is not material enough to analyse for so many posts so some of them are bound to be of a low quality.

I am not asking everybody to stop doing it. . . .I just don't want people to expect that everybody makes such post, because that is where this looks like it is heading. And of course I would not mind if it was toned a bit down, but I am sertainly not asking you to stop completely.

Old 01-21-2007, 11:26 PM   #437
Volo

Quote:
The second, one which more often than not holds true, is that the ones whose posts scream "I am a Wolf!" at you (in this game, Eomer, Kitanna and Anguirel) are not the ones that you should be worrying about.
Oh, there will be a choir howling "Wolf" in the next game...
Old 01-22-2007, 02:33 AM   #438
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me, about Nilp
So if he's a wolf he maybe deserves to win and be lynched in the first day in all the next games.
Indeed.

That was a lovely game, kudos to everyone, especially Moddwen and the wolves (and Durelin too). I must say I haven't been this sure and wrong about the wolves ever in ww except my few first games! I still can't believe Ang's innocent, though I must say his last day was perfectly innocentish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
As for you loudmouth innocents - you only have yourselves to blame - as did my fellow innocents and I in a similar situation ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
Hehe. This game proved two of my longstanding Werewolf beliefs. The first is the one about loudmouths always turning on each other.
It's so easy for you to say since you weren't in the game!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:59 AM   #439
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I hardly think it's fair to criticise Nilp for being likeable.

Anyway, I was tempted to bring up SPM's point myself. In every single game I play in, people always just 'feel' as if there's something wrong with me. I'm like a Ringwraith who is sometimes good.

Kitanna is indeed similar. I could hardly believe how she was being jumped on at the start.

Anguirel? I can never bring myself to entertain the notion of him being evil because he's so entertaining, which apparently makes other people more suspicious of him. I can't understand it. Anyway, thanks for the vote of confidence before I died, sir. It was noted.

It's just funny how much this game is based on feelings. Totally agree with Rune. If I find some player is not getting to the point then I often skim-read his/her posts. Though I'm aware that some people feel totally unsatisfied if they don't have a great, long post to chew over.

Ah, the art of dealing with other people! We're all so annoying, ain't we?
Old 01-22-2007, 06:09 AM   #440
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Congrats Nilp, Volo and Holby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
since I had no clue whom to protect I was going to protect my friend... Spawn.
Awh, thanks, but then you would've died right away and that wouldn't have been such a much better option either.

I'm sorry for Naria, though, who had the misfortune of being paired with me. We didn't have time to chat much, but she was right about the innocence of many of you (along with Eomer's... Sorry, sir. ).

Anyway, great modding, Oddwen. The themesong was brilliant.