The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 02:06 PM   #641
Eruanna
Memento Mori

Eruanna has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Sophia the Thunder Mistress...I always imagined you as a dark haired, Liv Tyler "type", especially when you took on Mona as your avatar. Now that I've seen your picture on Alkanoonion's site I think that you look quite like my avatar, she is a very pretty blonde (not like me at all) [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2003, 03:11 PM   #642
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Eruanna- My hair is no longer that color. I'm in the process of hunting down a decent picture to replace that one, because I don't look like that anymore. Naturally my hair's that funny in between blond and brown color. That picture was taken after a summer of lifeguarding so it was really sun-bleached. Right now though, I have it dyed dark, and I think I'll keep it that way. But I look nothing like Liv Tyler [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

[ May 18, 2003: Message edited by: Sophia the Thunder Mistress ]
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 05-19-2003, 08:56 PM   #643
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Are you still taking guest guesses? I'd like to be guessed. Thanks all! I'm very impressed by all these descriptions!

And no peeking on the BD Photo Page!
Old 05-19-2003, 08:58 PM   #644
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

I have absolutely no idea what you look like [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] , but I somehow imagine you with dark hair. Don't know about everything else, though.

~Menelien

[ May 19, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]
Old 05-19-2003, 09:38 PM   #645
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Sting

Just a guess

Lindril Arvilya: Dark hair, medium height, brown eyes and you have long slender fingers (don’t know where I got that from [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] )!!!!

P.S. My hair is no longer blonde… ok well it is blondish.. I dyed it a blondy strawberry colour.. it looks really nice!!!
Old 05-19-2003, 10:27 PM   #646
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

Hey if you can guess me that would rock!!! I tend to think of people as their avatars and some by their RP characters.
Old 05-19-2003, 11:25 PM   #647
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Annalaliath- I imagine you as Galadriel in your avatar, just greenish, because of Gaeriel in Footsteps [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~Menelien
Old 05-20-2003, 03:33 AM   #648
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Sting

Quote:
Arien is Tinkerbell
Not quite Orual maybe the complete opposite….

Maika: Blonde, green eyes……..Maybe around 5ft7? All I know is she is 15, but that’s no real help. I am probably being biased because of her avartar.

That’s all I can really think of, its too early in the morning. Anyone care to guess me?
Old 05-20-2003, 03:46 AM   #649
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Well, I don't really know you, but a mixed impression from your avatar and your character in Escape From Nurn- Tinkerbell with waist length brown hair and a dagger. Sorry, I realize that this is not likely [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] , but that's just what I imagine [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

~Menelien
Old 05-20-2003, 03:53 AM   #650
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Well the waist length brown hair is right, fortunately I dont carry a dagger... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
Tinkerbell with waist length brown hair and a dagger
Funny image.
Old 05-20-2003, 10:50 AM   #651
Lossentilien
Wight

Lossentilien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Arien- I think I see you as quite dark haired, maybe almost black or a dark brown, but not sure. Probably with wide hazel/green eyes. And I see you with a bit of a tan. And quite tall.
Although if you looked anything like Tinkerbell I'd be worried. Have you seen her waist???? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2003, 11:50 AM   #652
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hirilaelin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Lossie: Hmm... First shaved Orlando, now a bashful blonde! I'm so mixed up now! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I was thinking dark hair, perhaps shoulder-blade length, green-grey eyes, around 5'7"...?
Old 05-20-2003, 12:23 PM   #653
Lossentilien
Wight

Sting

Well, I think I'm about to confuse you even more.
Does anyone else want to give it a go, or shall I just tell you?
Old 05-20-2003, 12:26 PM   #654
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Ah, give it up! We'd weasle it out of you eventually anyway. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Hey... You do know who I am, right Lossie?
Old 05-20-2003, 12:56 PM   #655
Lossentilien
Wight

Sting

Well I thought I did, but now you've made me wonder..... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] *moans*
Whatever you do, don't make me guess, Aman made me guess. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] (Luckily I was right)
As for your guess, oh confusing one, I do have quite dark hair, but bits of it are blonde (I sometimes get told it looks like a mermaids, but am sure they mean it's all damaged and like seaweed) It's just past my shoulders, if it was straight it would be way below my shoulder blades, but it's wavy/curly. My eyes...are..err...an assortment of colours, mainly green/brown. And I'm around 5'5" or 6"

I've done this before, haven't I? Or is it just deja vu?
Old 05-20-2003, 02:10 PM   #656
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Hey, I was almost right! Sweet! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm Eruanne.
Old 05-20-2003, 02:13 PM   #657
kittiewhirl1677
Shade of Carn Dûm

kittiewhirl1677 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to kittiewhirl1677
Sting

Hmmm... The only person I've actually seen on this thread in real life is GaladrielOTO, so I don't know what to say about the rest of you... Any guesses for me? (Okay well one hint is my BDs name)
Old 05-20-2003, 02:16 PM   #658
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I see you as a kitten
Old 05-20-2003, 02:17 PM   #659
Lossentilien
Wight

Sting

Yeah, that's what I thought. Am sooo relieved.

Kittiewhirl- I think someone mentioned you earlier...but I'd for some reason imagine you to have shortish light brown hair, dark eyes, maybe green/hazel. And to be a little, but not obviously short. Totally wrong? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2003, 02:28 PM   #660
kittiewhirl1677
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Half half... I actually have a little lower than shoulder length brown hair, not that light or that dark. I am about 5' and I have green eyes. AND I AM OBSESSED WITH CATS(and other animals). Sorry, had to say that.
Old 05-20-2003, 02:32 PM   #661
Lossentilien
Wight

Sting

Well, with a slight purple tinge....
But sometimes I see you as blonde, just the Galadriel part in your name though. And only when I can't see your avatar.....

EDIT: Hey! Where'd your post go??? Am I imagining things, or did you have a post there GaladrielOTO??

[ May 20, 2003: Message edited by: Lossentilien ]
Old 05-20-2003, 02:41 PM   #662
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yay, a fellow cat obsessive!
Old 05-20-2003, 03:27 PM   #663
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Quote:
Arien- I think I see you as quite dark haired, maybe almost black or a dark brown, but not sure. Probably with wide hazel/green eyes. And I see you with a bit of a tan. And quite tall.
Exact, scary [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Though Im not that tall 5ft5.
Old 05-20-2003, 03:29 PM   #664
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
Well, with a slight purple tinge....
But sometimes I see you as blonde, just the Galadriel part in your name though. And only when I can't see your avatar.....
EDIT: Hey! Where'd your post go??? Am I imagining things, or did you have a post there GaladrielOTO??
Oh, I'm really sorry, I just deleted it by accident, but just so you know, Lossentilien wasn't talking to herself... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] And no, I am not a blonde with purple tinged hair... though that might be nice... and hair dye can do anything... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~Menelien

[ May 20, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]
Old 05-20-2003, 04:11 PM   #665
Lossentilien
Wight

Sting

Thank goodness. Well, at least there's proof I wasn't going mad.
Care to tell us what you really look like? (Or have you already?)Then you might not be imagined with pink/purple hair. Unless you want more guesses.
Old 05-20-2003, 06:26 PM   #666
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Well GaladrieloftheOlden, you got the blond hair right but the thing is I am very Celtic! But right now I have orange hair cause I had it dies red for a long time. Bleach did nothing for the red and the blond hair dye just made it look better. My roots are coming out and they are the dark blond they are supposed to be! Unfortunately I don’t have a green glow, wish I did. To see a semblance of me go to my web site and look un the character Myrddin. The picture is huge but that is the way the computer did it. But any way enough about me.

You must look like your avatar GaladrieloftheOlden,..... I don't know what you really look like I have said I tend to think of people as RP characters and avatars.
Old 05-20-2003, 06:52 PM   #667
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Lindril Arvilya: Dark hair, medium height, brown eyes and you have long slender fingers
I guess I'll own up, then. (Thanks for guessing!) Light brown/red hair, short, green eyes, short fingers! *shrugs* Ah well, if I can be a slightly short dark elf on this board, so be it!

Annalaliath- I thought you were short, with straight, short, shiny (that sounds neat...) dark hair! Hmmm. Maybe it's that I have a friend called Anna who looks sorta like that.
Old 05-20-2003, 06:59 PM   #668
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Lossentilien, I would put up what I look like, but I would like to know what some other people imagine me as. (hint: I don't have pink hair [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )

~Menelien
Old 05-20-2003, 07:05 PM   #669
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Quote:
Annalaliath- I thought you were short, with straight, short, shiny (that sounds neat...) dark hair! Hmmm. Maybe it's that I have a friend called Anna who looks sorta like that.
Well,how tall did you tink i was? I am about 5'4"; and yes my hair is short kind of a pixy cut.

Now can you guess my age, bet you can't.

GaladrieloftheOlden:I don't think you have pink hair, but you are probably looking like a normal person, that resembles Galadriel?

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2003, 07:06 PM   #670
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Hmm... Dang! As much as I try to think what you would look like,I get this image of pink hair, glasses, and a slightly annoyed expression. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Lemme see... My guess: Medium to dark brown hair, mid back length, and fairly tall, maybe about 5'7", 5'8"; brown-green eyes, not pale, but slightly tanned, thin. Close, or totally off?

Oooh, what do you think I look like?
Old 05-20-2003, 08:45 PM   #671
kittiewhirl1677
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Wow, Menelien, almost everyone sees your avatar. Actually, if you change the avatar's hair color and make the hair an inch or two longer, it would look a lot like you.

Any more guesses?
Old 05-20-2003, 10:12 PM   #672
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

kittiewhirl1677: I see you as a person in a Startrec uniform. That would be intersting. I think that is what you look like.
Old 05-20-2003, 10:40 PM   #673
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Well, I'm sure she'd *ahem* like to look like that... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Maya, please don't give anything away. And really, have you forgotten my hair length? I believe you've got it a bit off... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
And no, I look nothing like Galadriel. As I imagine her, at least. Unless Galadriel was very plain in her young years, and dyed her hair when she grw a bit older...

~Menelien

[ May 22, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]
Old 05-21-2003, 11:20 PM   #674
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Sting

Does anyone have any idea what I look like?

GaladrielOTO, I think you have dark brown hair, slightly past your shoulders, brown eyes, and mayhap a few freckles?

[ May 22, 2003: Message edited by: Tinuviel of Denton ]
Old 05-22-2003, 01:17 AM   #675
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
GaladrielOTO, I think you have dark brown hair, slightly past your shoulders, brown eyes, and mayhap a few freckles?
That's funny. It's pretty much how I imagine you [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] You got the hair about right: it's longer than that, but it wasn't such a long time ago that it was that long. I'm not sure whether you'd define the color as being dark or medium brown, or somewhere in the middle... I only get freckles in the summer though, and even then they're not really consiscious. Anyhow, not totally off...

~Menelien

[ May 22, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]
Old 05-24-2003, 03:08 AM   #676
Tarien Ithil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tarien Ithil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Helky: It's so hard to envision you! You really could be anything!

GaladrielOTO: Syryp colored hair, fair face, rather tall, big smile. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Lossie:Very, very fair with blond hair, pale blue eyes, fair skin....

Lush: Hmmm...rosy cheeked, blondish-brunette, green eyes..am I right? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Crickhollow
Old 05-24-2003, 11:17 AM   #677
Lossentilien
Wight

Sting

Quote:
Lossie:Very, very fair with blond hair, pale blue eyes, fair skin....
He he! Nope. Not even close. I think I posted it further up the page....I'll just quote myself....
Quote:
quite dark hair, but bits of it are blonde (I sometimes get told it looks like a mermaids, but am sure they mean it's all damaged and like seaweed) It's just past my shoulders, if it was straight it would be way below my shoulder blades, but it's wavy/curly. My eyes...are..err...an assortment of colours, mainly green/brown. And I'm around 5'5" or 6"
Tarien.....I see you as.......a rose. No, seriously, em...you're hard to picture. I thinkI see you as quite pale skinned, with blondish hair, that might be wavy/curly, unsure about that, and green/blue eyes. And to be one of those people who looks like they're always about to laugh, slightly mischevious. Is that totally wrong?
Old 05-24-2003, 11:26 AM   #678
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dûm

Carlas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Carlas
Sting

Though I dont think Im anywhere near the mark on this...

Tarien- I imagine you to have light skin, with light brown and wavy hair, pretty tall and a small face. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2003, 12:46 PM   #679
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Tarien- I see you with light brown hair and grey eyes, medium or just below average height. Probably dead wrong though... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Quote:
GaladrielOTO: Syryp colored hair, fair face, rather tall, big smile.
Well, I don't know what syrup you're talking about here... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] Fair? Well, I'm not sure. I'm not exactly white-skinned... rather tall is just right though. Big smile? Depends on my mood... usually.

~Menelien

[ May 24, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]
Old 05-25-2003, 04:40 AM   #680
Tarien Ithil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tarien Ithil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

GaladrileoftheOlden, hehe, I don't mean STICKY syrup, but like golden color. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
And you were nearly right! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Lossie, Hmm, I probably got that fair-haired idea from your old avatar, *drat* [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
No, seriously, em...you're hard to picture. I thinkI see you as quite pale skinned, with blondish hair, that might be wavy/curly, unsure about that, and green/blue eyes. And to be one of those people who looks like they're always about to laugh, slightly mischevious. Is that totally wrong?
No, quite the contary! It's totally RIGHT! Well, OK, maybe you were a little off on a few details, cause I do have blonde hair but it's a brownish blonde, really and I'm usually tan (I surf a lot [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])and , yeah, the rest is correct!
Hurrah for Lossie! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Carlas, yeah, you were almost correct! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ May 25, 2003: Message edited by: Tarien Ithil ]

Crickhollow
Closed Thread