The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-14-2011, 08:44 PM   #161
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The Doom of the Noldor seems to have spread over this game...

What can we do? Unexpected things happen unexpectedly... Unlike what Eomer said, the unbidden does not always prove the best company...

But, looking on the bright side, I have nothing scheduled for August except for a music exam, so I should be in when this game happens.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:08 PM   #162
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm sorry to hear that, Foley.

In an effort to get the ball rolling again, then, who's next on the "list"? Was it you, Inzil?

I'm willing to host at any time as sort of a "filler" host, if there isn't anyone else, just for future reference. Anyone who signed up to host already should definitely go ahead and do it, though.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:51 AM   #163
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
In an effort to get the ball rolling again, then, who's next on the "list"? Was it you, Inzil?

I'm willing to host at any time as sort of a "filler" host, if there isn't anyone else, just for future reference. Anyone who signed up to host already should definitely go ahead and do it, though.
I think I was indeed next on the modding list. However, if anyone else is ready right now, go ahead.

If not, I could possibly have something up soon, say within a week or so. I don't think I'd need more than 12 players.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:30 PM   #164
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Not nice. Foley remember to poke me when you mean to start again and I'll be in unless I have some horriblew time constraint issue. And don't feel bad for this - I'm blaming our inactive werewolf players, not you.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:10 PM   #165
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Provided I'm still a workless bum (and even if I'm not) I'd like to play. Hopefully when it gets back on track I'll have the time to dedicate to it.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #166
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
<-- Will play in Werewolf game for Werewolf game to play in.

(Translation: I'm ready whenever).
Old 06-16-2011, 01:23 PM   #167
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thanks, folks, for taking it so calmly (apparently, anyway). I'll be sure to try to let everyone on the list know when I am back to mod it again.

-- Foley
Old 06-16-2011, 02:19 PM   #168
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well whenever you are able to mod I'll try to play..

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:45 AM   #169
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I think I was indeed next on the modding list. However, if anyone else is ready right now, go ahead.

If not, I could possibly have something up soon, say within a week or so. I don't think I'd need more than 12 players.
Oooooh, teeeeeempting...
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:30 AM   #170
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Oooooh, teeeeeempting...
"Yeesss, you should plaayy,' says the voice in your ear.

I'll try to have an Admin thread up before the weekend's out. Question is, can I get 12 people?
Old 06-18-2011, 11:25 AM   #171
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Sad to hear that Foley. This has really born under some bad sign in the very beginning.

But yay Inzil! Werewolfing to be done!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:49 PM   #172
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
The beginning of August, you say? I might have to put myself on the list for this. It sounds like a fun game.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:10 AM   #173
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okay, McCaber. I'll let you know when I start this up again.

-- Foley
Old 08-05-2011, 09:19 AM   #174
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Third time pays for all, right? I'm willing to give this a go IF we can get it started by EARLY next week. School starts in something like two and a half weeks, I think. There is no possible way that I will be able to mod the beginning of a game after school starts. If this game is still in the works by that time, I think it'll be okay, as it will be tapering off towards its ending.

I will send PMs now to the people on the list.

-- Folwren
Old 08-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #175
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'm in (again).
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #176
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Me too.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:34 AM   #177
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Thumbs up

In again!
Old 08-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #178
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Me three! Or four. Whatever. AKA I'm in.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:04 AM   #179
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

I'm in, naturally.

C'mon, let's slaughter some wolves!
Old 08-05-2011, 11:38 AM   #180
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eruhen has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

I'm up for another go.
Eruhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:59 AM   #181
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bom Tombadillo View Post
I'm in, naturally.

C'mon, let's slaughter some wolves!
Or Dwarves!
Old 08-05-2011, 12:02 PM   #182
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Why not, let's do this.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #183
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Third time pays for all, right? I'm willing to give this a go IF we can get it started by EARLY next week. \
I don't know if I can play yet. Put me down as a maybe if you can wait until Sunday for my answer

Last edited by Kitanna; 08-05-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Kitanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:11 PM   #184
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
I don't know if I can play yet. Put me down as a maybe if you can wait until Sunday for my answer
We can wait until Sunday at least Kitanna. Looks like the earliest I can start this game will be Tuesday. Then I'll have internet at my own house.

Here's the players list so far:

Sally
Inzil
Nerwen
Boro
Galadriel
Eruhen
Bom

Maybe:
Kitanna

Last edited by Folwren; 08-05-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Folwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:59 PM   #185
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Seeing as my last game didn't go so well (>_<), I'm in for giving this a go
Old 08-05-2011, 04:15 PM   #186
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

*walks in wearing fake mustache* I and my three twin brothers would like to sign up for this. Kindly refrain from putting any of us in a position to be seen with the other, as we all have a fatal condition known as cannot-be-seen-with-each-other-itis, which is fatal.

Last edited by Bom Tombadillo; 08-05-2011 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Counting failure.
Bom Tombadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:07 PM   #187
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

*takes fake mustache off of Bom* Oh, it's only you, Bom, and you're already signed on. Besides, you're going to be a dwarf, so if you're doing make-up you'd better do better than just a mustache.

Welcome to the game, Glirdan.

In the first post is a new list of players, up to date.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:22 PM   #188
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
*walks in wearing fake mustache* I and my three twin brothers would like to sign up for this. Kindly refrain from putting any of us in a position to be seen with the other, as we all have a fatal condition known as cannot-be-seen-with-each-other-itis, which is fatal.
Lynch him! He's Nilp in disguise!

Foley, are the rules&roles in the first post the "final draft" of all the debates that have been going earlier in this thread? Like the issue with the Sweetheart/Seer?
Old 08-05-2011, 06:37 PM   #189
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Galadriel, as I re-read the first post again, I was asking myself the same question. I haven't had time to peruse the questions and things yet, but I will in the next day or two and have the final draft up before we're ready to start. I'll let you all know.

-- Foley
Old 08-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #190
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I can play only if there's no chance it'd go past August 22nd.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:22 PM   #191
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

. .. My god. Since I don't recall seeing this is the rules (and if anybody's asked about it, I've forgotten), are reveals allowed in this game (they're probably not, because the odds that nobody else has caught this are ridiculous, but you never know)? Because if they are . . .

*prescience*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King's Dwarf
I am the King's Dwarf! Kill X and Y! Watchman, protect!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game
*ends abruptly*
Old 08-05-2011, 07:55 PM   #192
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
. .. My god. Since I don't recall seeing this is the rules (and if anybody's asked about it, I've forgotten), are reveals allowed in this game (they're probably not, because the odds that nobody else has caught this are ridiculous, but you never know)? Because if they are . . .
I'm quite sure that you aren't allowed to state outright that you're the KD. Even though fake reveals make things interesting, it's just too easy a path to take to just say "I'm the KD and these are the Forgers so lynch them".

I remember this because a few months ago I asked if saying "my name is Katey Dawson" (or something of that sort) will be considered "outright"...
Old 08-05-2011, 08:03 PM   #193
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hm. You know, I considered putting that as a rule, but then thought not, but now...yeah...you're right. That would completely ruin the point of the game, wouldn't it?

Note to all - it is being added to the rules that reveals are NOT allowed in this game.

-- Folwren
Old 08-05-2011, 08:47 PM   #194
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
I'm sorry, Foley, but I won't be able to commit to this game. You can blame that thing they call school. Thanks for your invitation, anyway. Happy modding (and happy trying to kill each other, players)!
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:26 AM   #195
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Hm. You know, I considered putting that as a rule, but then thought not, but now...yeah...you're right. That would completely ruin the point of the game, wouldn't it?

Note to all - it is being added to the rules that reveals are NOT allowed in this game.
*cough* There is a certain player on the list who has proven herself very good at revealing in a not-really-doing-it kind of way. May I suggest you add an extra clause along the lines of "'Reveal' includes obvious hinting; exact definition of 'obvious' to be determined by me as I see fit"?

And may I also suggest this be known in future as the "Sally Rule"?

–What? Oh, no reason...
Old 08-06-2011, 07:43 AM   #196
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
*cough* There is a certain player on the list who has proven herself very good at revealing in a not-really-doing-it kind of way. May I suggest you add an extra clause along the lines of "'Reveal' includes obvious hinting; exact definition of 'obvious' to be determined by me as I see fit"?

And may I also suggest this be known in future as the "Sally Rule"?

–What? Oh, no reason...
You're just jealous that I'm a close friend of the royal family.

And I'll point out that my last game had plenty of people doing that who weren't me, thanks. Perhaps we should just make it "the sweet princes and sweeter desserts" rule?
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:00 AM   #197
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quite honestly, I thought that was obvious.

It will just ruin the game if there are reveals like that. Won't it be sufficient if the players realize that and play accordingly?

-- Foley
Old 08-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #198
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Still in need of players? I'll join in.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:23 AM   #199
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Yes, we still need players. Welcome.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:30 PM   #200
Kitanna
Child of the West

I won't be joining this game.