The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2015, 07:32 AM   #41
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
A Proposal

There are many members that may still be unaware that the Barrow-Downs has been revived (is that the wight term?). There are probably many more that are unaware that the site was down.

I have two suggestions.

First, to the extent that we have e-mail addresses for our old friends, send them a missive to invite them to visit. If you don't have an e-mail address, then a PM.

Second, why doesn't everyone consider committing to starting one thread within the next ten days. Just one. The boards are revived. Let's wake them up a bit!
Old 05-09-2015, 12:17 PM   #42
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithadan View Post

There are many members that may still be unaware that the Barrow-Downs has been revived (is that the wight term?). There are probably many more that are unaware that the site was down.

I have two suggestions.

First, to the extent that we have e-mail addresses for our old friends, send them a missive to invite them to visit. If you don't have an e-mail address, then a PM.

Second, why doesn't everyone consider committing to starting one thread within the next ten days. Just one. The boards are revived. Let's wake them up a bit!
Agreed on all accounts!
Old 05-09-2015, 03:44 PM   #43
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
The boards are revived. Let's wake them up a bit!
Shameless plug time: Werewolf is back!
Old 05-09-2015, 05:17 PM   #44
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
There are many members that may still be unaware that the Barrow-Downs has been revived (is that the wight term?). There are probably many more that are unaware that the site was down.!
I'm wondering - is it possible to send an admin email? After all, the forum can also wish us happy birthday by email.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:04 PM   #45
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I'm wondering - is it possible to send an admin email? After all, the forum can also wish us happy birthday by email.
Okay, Agan. You don't have to drop subtle hints. I know I missed it in December.

Happy Birthday!
Old 05-10-2015, 05:39 AM   #46
Faramir Jones
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Thumbs up Great to see the forum up again!

It's great to see the forum up again, after those months without it!

My heartfelt thanks to all those responsible, particularly Barrow-Wight, whom I understand deserves most of the credit!
Faramir Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 10:09 AM   #47
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morthoron View Post
Okay, Agan. You don't have to drop subtle hints. I know I missed it in December.

Happy Birthday!
Hahaha thank you Morth!
Old 05-10-2015, 12:24 PM   #48
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Which admin, Aganzir?
Old 05-10-2015, 12:32 PM   #49
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Which admin, Aganzir?
An email to every member, I meant!
Old 05-17-2015, 07:52 PM   #50
Aiwendil
Late Istar

Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:

I have two suggestions.

Indeed, I was unaware that it was back until just now! Every so often, I had been trying to access the forums, but I had just about given up hope. I was bored just now and decided to give it another try, and my joy upon finding the forum working is just about indescribable.
Aiwendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 06:06 AM   #51
Faramir Jones
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
White-Hand Good to have you back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiwendil View Post
Indeed, I was unaware that it was back until just now! Every so often, I had been trying to access the forums, but I had just about given up hope. I was bored just now and decided to give it another try, and my joy upon finding the forum working is just about indescribable.
It's good to have you back with us, Aiwendil!
Faramir Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:54 PM   #52
PrinceOfTheHalflings
Wight

PrinceOfTheHalflings is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Yes, thank you for bringing this forum back! I didn't know it was back until I tried it just now. I wasn’t aware there was a Facebook page ( and I googled extensively with no joy, but anyway - yay!)
PrinceOfTheHalflings is offline   Reply With Quote