The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2003, 10:29 PM   #281
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Quote:
What you most love to do: Dance and read.
Looks like we have something in common, Arien. Dancers rule!

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-06-2007 at 04:28 PM.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 10:38 PM   #282
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Silmaril

Name (that you go by):Katie or Katherine Grant

Future Aspirations:????

Goal in life:get though it

Short term goals: not failing english (just got report cards and I got a C)

Passion:music,books,movies

Hobbies:reading,writing,singing,talking,playing basketball, watching movies, J.R.R. Tolkien's books

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Nothing or being able to make by best friends mad at me and me mad at them

Fave book:ROTK,TTT,or Sil(all jrr tolkien books)

Fave movie: LOTR, and also like Evolution

Fave sport:basketball

Fave store:Claires, Forever 21

Fave music [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]unk,rap,R&B,hip-hop,Pop, some country

What you can't stand:annoying people

What you plain dislike: bugs,smoking,snakes

Who you admire:Avril Lavinge, Eminem,J.R.R. Tolkien, Peter Jackson and of course the Barrow-Weight

What you most love to do:LIVE,LOVE,AND HAVE FUN,go on the barrow downs, play on the computer, hang with friends, dance

Your self-confessed flaws:i dont respect myself as much as i should, Dont love life even if things go bad

What intrigues/fascinates you: Elves, Arda, Life, Love

What scares you:bugs,snakes,spiders,knowing that I may not be able to say goodbye to the people I love before i die

Quotation to live by: Just live life, get over it, and have as much fun as you can, because you only have one life to live

Additional comments:If I dont get to say goodbye before I die than bye to everyone I love. And to everyone on this site,. YOU guys are the best!
[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ March 23, 2003: Message edited by: elven maiden Earwen ]
elven maiden Earwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 08:17 PM   #283
BethoHOG
Haunting Spirit

BethoHOG has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to BethoHOG
Sting

Name (that you go by): Bethany... or Betho
Future Aspirations: Get married? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Goal in life: That my time on earth would be productive and worthy to God
Short term goals: Get through middle school and survive high school
Passion: God, friends, the internet, movies, music
Hobbies: Rollerblading, chatting online, writing stories, singing...
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Rollerblading [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Fave book: The Lord of the Rings
Fave movie: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, The Matrix, X-Men, Back to the Future part 1, 2 and 3
Fave sport: Soccer, basketball, volleyball, gymnastics, rollerblading
Fave store: Old Navy, Barnes and Noble
Fave music: Contemporary Christian, classical

What you can't stand: People who lie and gossip
What you plain dislike: Nasty food and having to deal with friendship problems
Who you admire: My mom
What you most love to do: Chatting online, hanging out with friends
Your self-confessed flaws: Wasting way too much time
What intrigues/fascinates you: Reading the Bible, the making of movies
What scares you: Spiders, snakes and the deep deep ocean...
Quotation to live by: I'll have to think about that one...

[ March 17, 2003: Message edited by: BethoHOG ]
Old 03-17-2003, 08:19 PM   #284
Beren87
Master of the Secret Fire

Beren87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beren87 Send a message via Yahoo to Beren87
Sting

Not really much to say except that "Betho" is one of the coolest names I've ever heard.
Beren87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 08:21 PM   #285
BethoHOG
Haunting Spirit

BethoHOG has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to BethoHOG
Sting

Haha, thanks! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] My brother nicknamed me that...
Old 03-17-2003, 10:08 PM   #286
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Name (that you go by): Catherine, Cat, Ith, or Natasha (bwahaha!)
Occupation: Student, soon-to-be driver, violinist (I get to start teaching the summer after this one!)
Future Aspirations: Go to good college, get good job, have a good rep as a teacher
Goal in life: To be a writer and/or a pro violinist and singer
Short term goals: See "When spring unfolds the beechen leaf." Also to have a great time during spring break with my grandparents and my recently moved-away friend Mattie
Passion: Violin and most classical music (except stupid snails-pace pieces), classical and jazz singing
Hobbies: Besides what's above, I like to sketch, write stories, and be with my absolutely awesome and non-shallow friends
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Portraits, violin, singing, being cute when I do speeches (?)

Fave book: *Looks around* where am I exactly?
Fave movie: TTT and Undercover Brother
Fave sport: Kendo! YEAH!
Fave store: Barnes & Noble... could spend hours there.
Fave music: System of a Down, The Donnas, Nat King Cole, Duke Ellington, Vivaldi, Beethoven, Tchaikowsky (I love him... and yet I hate him!)

What you can't stand: Immature people (they're everywhere), people who have no tact or empathy when you're having a really sh*tty day, selfishness and attempts to receive pity. Also I hate to watch people suffer and know that there's nothing I can do.
What you plain dislike: loneliness, bad hair days, long, black winters, spending hours on one piece and not getting it (it's rare, but when it happens it's annoying!)
Who you admire: My friends Jennie and Stephanie and Stefanie. Jennie because she's courageous, Stephanie because she's that perfect "bitter rival-best friend" combo, Stefanie because I've never seen her not smiling for as long as I've known her.
What you most love to do: Be here, be online in general, draw, violin, sing, philosophize, be with my friends
Your self-confessed flaws: I'm a sorta getting-over-it procrastinator. Also I'm too competitive and I get really jealous and bitter sometimes.
What intrigues/fascinates you: Religious philosophy, symbolism, the weird things that occur by a full moon.
What scares you: Freaky gothic little girls who look like they're out to kill you and are just... ewwww. *cough* The Ring *cough*
Quotation to live by: I have too many.

Additional comments: I'm so happy that it's spring! Happy St. Patties Day, everyone! (Pretend that's bright green)
Ithaeliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 10:15 PM   #287
Beren87

Sting

Quote:
soon-to-be driver
Let's hear it!

Quote:
Mattie
That's what 3/4 of the females I know call me.

Quote:
System of a Down
Your my new best friend [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

And Happy St.Patrick's day for everyone!

[Spoiler!] I'll soon be posting a picture of myself in my St.Patrick's day best! Prepare to be amazed and/or blinded!

[ March 17, 2003: Message edited by: Beren87 ]
Old 03-18-2003, 02:40 AM   #288
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

What does the remaining 1/4 call you...?
Old 03-18-2003, 04:29 PM   #289
Beren87

Sting

Variations of the name "Matt" and of course "sexy beast".
Old 03-18-2003, 05:22 PM   #290
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hirilaelin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like we have something in common, Arien. Dancers rule! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
They sure do! I've been dancing for ten years, and hope to be a professional dancer someday, either with Pacific Northwest Ballet Company or Alvin Aiely. What kind of dance do you do?
Hirilaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 05:44 PM   #291
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Let's see... I've danced for 12 years and I take ballet, tap (I actually quit that 2 years ago), jazz , lyrical, and hip hop. Next month I plan to audition for my high school's dance/drill team, which I am very excited for.
(Do you live in the PNW area, Hirilaelin? I'm wondering because I go to an annual dance camp in Twin Fall, ID that is regional. Perhaps you've heard of it?)

I've changed my bio a bit. I'll just post the portion I changed here:
Quote:
Who you admire: Nando Parrado. He is one of the 16 survivors who crashed in the Andes Mountains in 1972 and lived there for 70 days. In the crash, he lost his mother, sister, and best friend, and almost died himself. But he recovered and become one of the strongest of the survivors who actually helped save his friends. I admire Nando because before the crash he was a young, shy boy, and came out of the Andes as a strong, courageous man who took the role as the leader of the group.
I read the book, Alive for school recently and it has changed my perspective on life suddenly. It's such an amazing and spiritual book, and as you can see, it has gotten me a new admirer.
Old 03-18-2003, 06:12 PM   #292
Gabby Sorno

Silmaril

Vedui..my name is Gabby, just call me Gab. I am 16 and live in Tulsa, Oklahoma...you know, that state in the middle of nowhere. I am currently a junior in High School and looking for a good film school to attend. I love movies, but even more, the making of the movies. I love to write screenplays and mess around on Photoshop. I have long brown hair, hazel eyes and im 5'10. I am very outgoing. I LOVE to rpg, mostly the Abhorsen Trilogy, Resident Evil, and sometimes LOTR on yahoo messanger. I am a computer junkie who loves Josh Groban ( wonderful singer, check him out at www.joshgroban.com ), Orlando Bloom ( what teenage lotr fan doesn't ), Sean Biggerstaff ( his name does tell all ), Brendan Fraser, Natalie Portman, Hayden Christianson, and countless others.

"Those that hide in reality miss everything in which a shadow will notice...

Take that to heart and namarie...
Old 03-18-2003, 06:44 PM   #293
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

Name (that you go by): Kaitlin, Kate, Gersh, Lindril Arvilya, Short Person, Ewok, Hobbit, Hey You Yes You The Little One.
Occupation: Professional Avoider-of-Work. Student, in other words.
Future Aspirations: Get married to my boyfriend, get accepted to any college or university, tour Europe, get a cat collar engraved with "Gersh" on the tag, stay up all night on MSN talking and go to school the next day (without falling asleep).
Goal in life: To find a place that sells plastic sporks in bulk.
Short term goals: Memorize my monologues for next Saturday's audition. I know I should do this because I obviously didn't have them memorized for last Saturday's audition.
Passions: God, my boyfriend Dov, music, dancing, playing Euchre at lunch.
Hobbies: Dancing (my "hobby" of the last 15 years is about to turn into a career, if I get into a dance program), singing ALL the time (no really), making many many many hemp bracelets. They're never long enough to be necklaces.... I guess I'll just keep trying.
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Jumping into the ball pit at McDonald's (you must be under 10 years of age and four feet, with adult accompaniment) twice in one week, and not getting caught.
Fave books: The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Lord of the Rings, The Princess Bride, Alice in Wonderland, Webster's French-English Dictionary.
Fave movies: Disney's Robin Hood (with the animals), Fellowship of the Ring, Spiderman, Why Cleanup Makes $ense (I starred in it... back in Grade One...)
Fave sports: Ballet (you try Cecchetti if you don't believe me), floor hockey, Tig.
Fave stores: Green Earth, The It Store, American Eagle, Chapters.
Fave music: Ska (Mad Caddies, Mighty Mighty Bosstones), Celtic/folk (The Barra MacNeils, Natalie McMaster), comedy (The Arrogant Worms) and my favourite since Grade Four when I learned we owned "Gordon", the Barenaked Ladies.
What you can't stand: When someone walks past you in the cafeteria and drops a jumbo can of ketchup right next to you and it splatters all over you (I speak from experience), being left out of a card game, especially when a lot of people can play but they won't deal you in, and George W. Bush.
What you plain dislike: This guy at my school, that my boyfriend lives 2 hours away, that Musical Theatre is Period 2 and I needed the social science credit of Philosophy during that time so I couldn't take MT again.
Who you admire: Jesus Christ, my friends Katherine, Dov, Sandy, and Rain.
What you most love to do: Argue with my boyfriend, go to a moving worship service, hearing a really good electric guitar solo, especially the one in Guns N' Roses's "Sweet Child Of Mine".
Your self-confessed flaws: Procrastination, laziness, too much grief about my past.
What intrigues/fascinates you: Musicals, mimicking voices, the sound of a cello.
What scares you: Myself (sometimes), the future, loss, spiders (especially the TARANTULA that was in my room that one time), math.
Quotation to live by: If you're going to rape, pillage and burn, be sure to do things in that order.
Additional comments: 2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2. A good example of my math skills.
Old 03-18-2003, 07:15 PM   #294
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Well here's my dance history...

Ballet: 10 years, going on 11!
Point: 2 years.
Modern: 3 years.
Jazz: 2 years.

I live in Alaska, which is annoying, because all the good programs are thousands of miles away, but we do have the Summer Arts Festival in Fairbanks. Not really much here...
Old 03-18-2003, 10:32 PM   #295
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

Quote:
Mattie

That's what 3/4 of the females I know call me.
Cool! But this is a girl named Mattie.

Beren, you like System? Awesome! I listen to Steal This Album nearly every day! I have yet to buy Toxicity, though.
Old 03-20-2003, 08:39 AM   #296
Hathalas Ashen-Shield
Pile O'Bones

Hathalas Ashen-Shield has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Name:Matt
Occupation:Im a Junior Higher (If you can count that as a job)
Future Aspirations:I hope someday to become a great athlete and go to the Olympics, in either Soccer, Volleyball or Basketball.
Goal in life:Get married and have kids, you know, that sorta thing.
Short term goals:Get Straight A's for once this term.
Passion:Sports, all sports, oh and dont forget Lord of the Rings!
Hobbies:Playing Sports, Reading, Talking with friends.
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself):Im the class athlete, what can I say! lol.

Fave book:All of J.R.R Tolkien's books.
Fave movie:Armageddon
Fave sport:Soccer
Fave store:I dunno, I just get my mom to get me stuff, lol jk. I guess West 49.
Fave music [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]MX

What you can't stand:Techno Music
What you plain dislike:People saying LOTR, i dont think something as good as Lord of the Rings should be abbreviated.
Who you admire:Olympians
What you most love to do:Sports
Your self-confessed flaws:Laziness and too talkative.
What intrigues/fascinates you:Any great soccer move pulled by a professional.
What scares you:Thinkin of 6th Sense lol
Quotation to live by:Victory is acheived step by step, not by leaps and bounds.

Additional comments:Hope I see you all around!
Old 03-20-2003, 03:10 PM   #297
Rochelle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rochelle has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Ooh how fun, I think it's about time I introduced myself in one of these things...

Name (that you go by): Jenn

Age: 20 <= Desperately waiting for September 22nd 2003 to come!

Future Aspirations: I want to compete in the Olympics on the United States Equestrian Team. I want to be a wife and mother, and I want to own a Great Dane!

Goal in life: To live each day as if it were my last...

Short term goals: Get through my sophomore year at college.

Passion: Horses, I have had three jobs at one point just to keep up this very expensive hobby!

Hobbies: Show Jumping [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] , I also collect a variety of things including model horses and picture frames (filled with pictures of friends of course!)

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Avoiding injury. I've been thrown from horses, fallen down stairs, been attacked by a dog, gotten in car wrecks...and came out unscathed a good majority of the time!

Fave book: Gone With The Wind, Scarlett, Lord of the Rings (of course!)

Fave movie: Fellowship of the Ring, Armageddon, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, Dirty Dancing...

Fave sport: Show Jumping (yes it is a sport!), watching football, baseball, soccer

Fave store: I used to like Abercrombie & Fitch but after working there and quitting, I can't bring myself to go in anymore (way overpriced don't you agree?). So I guess I'm going to say Ebay! *lol* Just kidding...

Fave music: I love anything and everything. From Country to Hip Hop. I love Garth Brooks, Nelly, Backstreet Boys, Enya, Blink 182...wide variety eh?

What you can't stand: People with negative attidues otherwise called Pessimists.

What you plain dislike: mushrooms *lol* I didn't see what the big deal was when the hobbits found those mushrooms...give me, oh lets say, apples and I'd be set!

Who you admire: George W. Bush and Tony Blair for recognizing the danger Sadam is to humanity even if the people of their countries can't bring themselves to support them for it. I for one do not want to witness another "Two Towers" incident while I am alive.

What you most love to do: spend time with friends, riding horses, reading

Your self-confessed flaws: I like to spend a good deal of time by myself. I drink too much coffee (I blame it on the fact I live in Seattle), and I tend to stay 'neutral' instead of a side (that's not always a flaw however!)

What intrigues/fascinates you: The way people handle newfound fame.

What scares you: spiders...I'm a little aprehensive to see how Shelob is portrayed in the movie!

Quotation to live by: I think Gimli said it all when he said "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"
Rochelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 05:12 PM   #298
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

Ith, you don't Toxicity yet, possibly the best album of 2001?! I highly reccomend it as fantastic. Okay, I will have a revision of some of my points-

what you cant stand- spineless people- holy crap I hate Clare Short, I don't agree with her views but at least have the courage to follow through your threats!!!

Well I guess I don't have that much of a revision- i really just wanted to say that I really dislike Clare Short!
Old 03-20-2003, 05:34 PM   #299
Beren87

Sting

Quote:
I don't agree with her views but at least have the courage to follow through your threats!!!
To a point o'course [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Ith, the original (debut) album of SoaD is most excellant as well.
Old 03-20-2003, 05:38 PM   #300
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

Yeah agreed, the self named album is fantastic too.

Grr I hate Clare Short, she better quit soon!
Old 03-20-2003, 07:06 PM   #301
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Hmm... this looks like fun [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Name Sara, mostly, although sometimes Aras, cause there are 6 Sara's on my floor.
Future Aspirations: Be a college professor (in other words, avoid the real world permanently)
Goal in life: To learn to walk on my hands
Short term goals: Finish my hideous paper for Ethics class, Get to the next level of Zelda
Passions: God, Tolkien, philosophy
Hobbies: crocheting (I make scarfs at an amazing rate), reading and reading and reading, drawing
Famous for: gooooood question...
Fave books: LOTR (a given), The hitchhiker's guide (and all sequels), the Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Fave movies: Disney's Robin Hood (with the fox), Bridget Jones' Diary, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Fave sports: Baseball
Fave stores: Goodwill, Wal-mart (I'm a poor college student!)
Fave music: Lifehouse, Ben Folds, John Mayer, Barenaked Ladies
What you can't stand: Iced Tea, Bananas, people who are fake, anorexic girls
What you plain dislike: busywork, having to rely on my parents, not having a car
Who you admire: CS Lewis, My pal Tiffany
What you most love to do: Think, read
Your self-confessed flaws: Laziness, procrastination
What intrigues/fascinates you: Ancient things, puzzles
What scares you: Bad drivers, people who take the "Left Behind" series too seriously, televangelists
Quotation to live by: Life is a cookie
Additional comments:no thank you
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Sophia the Thunder Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 07:48 PM   #302
Beren87

Sting

Quote:
televangelists
Here here! I agree!
Old 03-20-2003, 08:51 PM   #303
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have to agree with both Beren and Sophia, those televangalists can be extremely scary.
Old 03-20-2003, 10:37 PM   #304
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Age: 20 <= Desperately waiting for September 22nd 2003 to come!
Rochelle, I just became very excited that you share your birthday with Bilbo and Frodo. Congrats!
Old 03-20-2003, 11:28 PM   #305
Rochelle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ring

*lol* I guess it was just meant to be that I should be so into Tolkien!

Old 03-21-2003, 03:02 AM   #306
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
George W. Bush and Tony Blair for recognizing the danger Sadam is to humanity even if the people of their countries can't bring themselves to support them for it. I for one do not want to witness another "Two Towers" incident while I am alive.
Amen, Rochelle! And I, too, am 20 going on 21 (July 5, if you want to know). But I am very indifferent to my next birthday. Actually, I stopped wanting to get older once I hit 18, mainly because I still feel like a kid.
Quote:
Be a college professor (in other words, avoid the real world permanently)
Yes, Sophia, that's the way I feel. I get a sick feeling in my stomache every time someone says "that's the way the real world works". I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD!! I love my college life!! I'm shooting hoops with my buddies instead of studying, stringing along several girls instead of being locked up in a marraige, and reading Tolkien when I should be reading my textbook. Why should I grow up? Are there any incentives? (besides being thought of as more mature, which I'm too young to care about)
Old 03-21-2003, 04:46 AM   #307
GlingleglingleglingleFairy
Animated Skeleton

GlingleglingleglingleFairy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name: Sarah
Occupation: Still at school, I'm in 5th form (don't know American system)
Future Aspirations: To be a lion tamer and run away with the circus. Maybe become a serving wench.
Goal in life: Have fun and feel right within myself, maybe become filthy rich just for the hell of it.
Hobbies: Reading, writing, music, daydreaming, laughing/crying and sleeping.
Passion: Living, (I'll die of it eventually though) and, yeah, living.
Short Term goals: Don't get p****d off with school, don't eat all my fundraising chocolates.
Famous for: Not really much, I don't think. I'm not especially 'famous', people at school think I'm pretty damn smart but who honestly cares about school. Last year I won an award for 'Best all rounder-type thing' and got $60 worth of book vouchers. I may be famous for being completely mad (I'm mad, you're mad, most everyone's mad here)- or should that be infamous? But I really don't care much what people think of me.

Favourite book: Many. The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, (a trilogy in five parts)by Douglas Adams, Hogfather by Terry Pratchett, Jamaica Inn, The Flight of the Falcon by Daphne Du Maurier, To Kill a Mockingbird, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and others.
Favourite movie: Also many. The Shining, LOtR, Dune, Pride and Prejudice, The Princess Bride, Star Wars(not episode one or two)Blazing Saddles, Chicken Run, The Matrix.
Favourite sport: Don't really play any; too busy. Used to play hockey and netball and I like watching soccer, rugby and league.(New Zealand sports, if you've never heard of some)
Favourite Store: Don't like shopping, therefore don't really have one. I like op-shops and second-hand bookstores, though.
Favourite Music: Most. I like classical and rock/metal mainly. Especial preferences are Tchaikovsky, Stravinsky, Carl Orff (Carmina Burana) Mozart, Beethoven, Metallica, Pink Floyd, System of a Down(sometimes) Bob Dylan and many more.

What I Can't Stand: "Fave", people with no passion, prejudiced/un-openminded people, capatilists, George Bush, teeny boppers, nigggerwatt chicks (for more information regarding this term, e-mail me) school, my drama play, rabbits, hippocrites.
What I plain dislike: see above.
Who I admire: Characters and authors of my above favourite authors. Einstein, Plato, Aristotle, Socrates and Yoda.
What I most like to do:Walk/swim at a beach, especially during a sunset. Be out in the cold, dark, wind and rain. Curl up and read+eat. Sleep and dream. Have a good time.
My self-confessed flaws: My temper I don't usually get mad, but if I do there's pain.
Not always being true to myself or listening to myself. Always wanting rewards. The list is endless, even though I'm perfect in every way.
What intrigues/fascinates me: Books, Other countries, darkness, power,maths occasionally, poems, flying, dreams, fear, The Dark Side, ancient Egypt.
What scares me: War. The amount of s**t under my bed. War.
Quotation to live by: "Many that live deserve death and some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement, for even the very wisest cannot forsee all ends" Gandalf
"Go stick your head in a pig" Giant letters sunk in the ground outside the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy offices. (in the native tongue of the planets inhabitants.

Additional comments: I have to go to bed now, goodbye.

Some people prefer cupcakes. I for one care less for them.
GlingleglingleglingleFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 12:09 PM   #308
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Sting

Quote:

Looks like we have something in common, Arien. Dancers rule!

They sure do! I've been dancing for ten years, and hope to be a professional dancer someday, either with Pacific Northwest Ballet Company or Alvin Aiely. What kind of dance do you do?
Yes they do rule, well I do Ballet (for 13 years), Tap (For 13 years) and I have been on Pointe for 2 years. Modern Jazz (For 10 years), Street Dancing (for 5 years). I have also danced for the English Youth Ballet!

[ March 21, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]
Old 03-21-2003, 06:48 PM   #309
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Quote:
What you can't stand: People with negative attidues otherwise called Pessimists
*runs and hides* Sorry, sorry, I admit sometimes I can be a bit of a pessimist or realist (I think it runs in my family ), but I'm trying to cut back.
Quote:
Street Dancing (for 5 years)
What is street dancing? I've never heard of that term.

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-06-2007 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-21-2003, 09:33 PM   #310
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Quote:
I have also danced for English Youth Ballet!
Wow! You must be really good. I'm not that great, can't even do a decent single on pointe, and doubles are pushing it on flat. *sigh* But I love it anyway! And yes, what is street dancing? Oh I'm so happy, I rarely ever meet other dancers on the net! Serious ones anyway.

[ March 21, 2003: Message edited by: Hirilaelin ]
Old 03-21-2003, 11:41 PM   #311
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

At least you can do pointe, Hirilaelin. I have weak ankles and so after only six months of pointe, my teacher wouldn't let me take pointe anymore. I also have to admit that I'm not that flexible (it is rare times that I can do the splits).

Unfortunately, I had bad training as a dancer and it wasn't until 2 1/2 years ago that I realized this. Since then, I have been told by others that I have improved greatly and I have been proud of myself for this.

My sister has been my inspiration for dance. I began dancing because she was dancing first and I always tryed to imitate her when I was little. When she was my age (14), she was not that strong of a dancer, but now she is completely amazing. She could dance professionally on Broadway or in one of those Fosse shows if she wanted to.

Wow....look how much I rambled on about dance. Sorry, all you non-dancers. I guess I tend to get carried away at times.

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-06-2007 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-22-2003, 12:58 AM   #312
Rochelle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Quote:
*runs and hides* Sorry, sorry, I admit sometimes I can be a bit of a pessimist or realist (I think it runs in my family ), but I'm trying to cut back.
*lol* being a realist has two sides. Optimism and Pessimism. I find it's much easier to get through life by the first not the latter [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-22-2003, 12:26 PM   #313
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

I have pretty weak ankles too Brinniel, and at first I couldn't do much. I still sometimes have problems when I'm going across the floor. I'll step up into aragbesque, then the ankle goes. Did your teachers have you do pointe on flat for a bit, then move you up to the shoes, or did you just start right off? Pointe on flat is really hard, and strenghtens you immensely. My teachers also recommended using Thera-Bands for strengthening weak ankles, you could try that, it helps.

And flexible? I really wish I was. Only on rare occasions am I able to do the splits, and only after a lot of stretching. The only thing that's flexible is my back, and I spent about a year working on it. And have you noticed that at home, you can do the combination, and do brilliant turns, but in class, you just can't? It's sooooo annoying.

On the same note as Brinniel, sorry for my chatter on dance, I also get carried away! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ March 22, 2003: Message edited by: Hirilaelin ]
Old 03-22-2003, 03:46 PM   #314
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Quote:
Did your teachers have you do pointe on flat for a bit, then move you up to the shoes, or did you just start right off?
Everything I did on pointe was pretty much barre work, though I did go across the floor flat on pointe shoes before. I've also used Thera-Bands, though only briefly. It was also only a half hour class; not nearly long enough to do anything. I haven't taken pointe since two years. My teacher wouldn't let me go back to the class (she thought I'd hurt myself). So, I guess I kind of gave up on pointe.

Now I'm mainly working on technique and flexibility (the back is also the most flexible part of my body ). I'm especially having fun practicing my toures and fietes (sorry about the spelling; I don't have a French dictionary).

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-06-2007 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-22-2003, 03:50 PM   #315
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Luthien Tinuviel wasn't wearing pointe shoes. She might even have been barefoot. Who knows? But whatever she had on her feet, her dancing entranced Beren pretty well.
Old 03-23-2003, 02:19 PM   #316
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Daniel Telcontar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I actually posted this also on the first page, but I guess that has been forgotten. So, to re-introduce myself (I haven't been active for 8 months) here comes my info again.

Name (that you go by): Daniel Telcontar
Future Aspirations: Get so much money I never have to make physical labour again.
Goal in life: To obtain immortality through writing.
Short term goals: Get through school.
Passion: PC games and books.
Hobbies: the same as above.
Famous for: an agile mind.
Fave book: LOTR
Fave movie: FOTR and Braveheart
Fave sport: Soccer
Fave store: The library ( the best invention after chocolate)!!
Fave music: Rock.
What you can't stand: To much to mention.
What you plain dislike: physical labour.
Who you admire: Many great writers
What you most love to do: reading books and playing computer.
Your self-confessed flaws: pride, laziness
What intrigues/fascinates you: That when you are a writer you get money without doing something.
What scares you: to be forgotten of this cruel world
Quotation to live by: I am never wrong. I thought I was once, but I was mistaken.
Old 03-23-2003, 03:12 PM   #317
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Welcome back, Daniel. You know, I was looking back over some old threads in the books a couple weeks ago and saw one of your posts and wondered "where has he been?". Nice to have you back! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2003, 03:31 PM   #318
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Thanks, it is great to be back and see such friendly faces. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Just out of curiosity; what thread was that?
Old 03-23-2003, 03:46 PM   #319
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Silmaril

Welcome back, Daniel! You've been missed. Good to see you again. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2003, 03:49 PM   #320
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Thanks! I am starting to remember you all again, and it is nice to know I haven't been entirely forgotten. When I look through the old threads, my heart is almost (but only almost) moved to tears.