The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2002, 02:23 PM   #41
Marileangorifurnimaluim
Eerie Forest Spectre

Marileangorifurnimaluim has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Aosama! lol! Just wait till I tell Christopher Kalessin he comes across as a warrior princess. I've been mistaken for a guy - serves me right for ranting about sword play - but it's a pleasure to see it works both ways.

*Maril doffs feather cap Aosama* That put a smile on my face for the day. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

-Maril
Old 05-28-2002, 01:03 AM   #42
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Joy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aosama, I got such a laugh out of your description of Kalessin, Chris Kalessin- mind you. LOL [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] That was just too funny!

I can't wait to see/read his reaction!

BTW, it is hard to put faces with most of you. You know, I know you all by sigs or by your pictures.

Mithdan - For some reason I picture him as a ship master.

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
Old 05-28-2002, 11:01 AM   #43
Eärendil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eärendil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hehe, interesting imaginations of me, but not very close to the truth... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
I will try to come up with some for some of you soon, don´t worry! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Jag ska aldrig göra dig illa. Inte igen. Åtminstone inte mycket, åtminstone inte hårt. Kommer du ihåg? Då vi fortfarande kunde skratta, le på ett äkta vis. Jag tänker på det ibland. Det smärtar. För aldrig har du väl varit. Längre bort. Från mig.
Old 05-28-2002, 12:32 PM   #44
Gayahithwen
Wight

Gayahithwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

Hhhhmmm... I suppose nobody has a mental picture of me? Or am I one of the people who hasn't been active enough and so on..? I should better start posting on more boards then the Novices and Newcomers, Mirkwood RPG and this part, The Barrow-Downs.. ^_^ I should post on the Books forum, because there most people are serious, right? ok, I better should stop writing right now.. and start thinking more about my mental pictures of you..
Old 05-28-2002, 12:55 PM   #45
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
I just always kinda picture people as the pictures they post.
Which means Eärendil looks like me? Oh Eärendil, I'm so sorry about that. I never thought anyone would be that cruel to you. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2002, 01:24 PM   #46
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

This is hillarious. I am Sally Field. My husband will roar. OK, here goes.

Pio--Tall and thin like an Elf, still wears long skirts from the 60s.

Amarinth --Looks very spiritual. Still keeps her peace sign from the 60s (don't know if they even had that in her country, but she must wear one!)

Frodo Baggins -- short, hairy feet, curly brown hair (no kidding, I think of him as a hobbit)

Birdland -- Extremely popular with her peers; quite good looking; has a mouth on her!

Littlemanpoet -- slender; looks like an artist or writer; a shock of brown hair, very intense

samwise -- also short and with hairy feet; I'm sure he and Frodo are really hobbits; after all Tolkien says there are a few around

Veritas -- takes lessons in fencing and archery; a tom boy who is a free spirit

Nufaciel -- beautiful, like an Elf, a serious poet and writer

Mith -- stern and powerful but with a good heart; quite serious

Mark12_30 -- searching eyes; can see beyond the circles of the world; is probably an Elf

Gilthalion -- gentle and compassionate but with a good backbone; doesn't like to wear suits

sharon, the 7th age hobbit
Old 05-28-2002, 01:50 PM   #47
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lothiriel Silmarien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

For some reason, if anybody has a name they took from the books, that's just how I see the person.

Earendil: somewhat tall, like around 6 feet. Very dark brown hair, alost black. Kinda short, but not really. If any of you have the game majesty, just picture those elves but with the blackish brownish hair. Has light clothes on, like light colors, and the expression on his face is kind and gentle, yet thoughtful and meaningful, stern.

But I picture Maikadilwen as a Hawaiian girl for some reason. Like about 16 yrs. old.
And Gayahithwen- brownish, blondish hair. Long, like about to your waist. Greyish kinda eyes and very sweet. Doesn't like violence.

I'm probably all wrong about you, but that's just what I see!!
Old 05-28-2002, 01:56 PM   #48
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Sting

Quote:
I picture Maikadilwen as a Hawaiian girl for some reason. Like about 16 yrs. old.
Ouch!!! Hawaiian? Any particular reason? BTW wrong age. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2002, 10:03 PM   #49
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

Hey, I'm a pub landlady!
Old 05-28-2002, 11:48 PM   #50
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Hey, who was it that said they picture Mithadan as Hugh Jackman?
Hey Mith! If you really look like that, then...ah...erm...What are you doing this Saturday? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2002, 01:18 AM   #51
Eärendil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Maika - Lol! Yeah, well, sometimes I do look evil, but like a Nazgûl? Maybe not...
Well, if you´re beautiful (which I am sure you are), then I don´t mind looking like you! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Jag ska aldrig göra dig illa. Inte igen. Åtminstone inte mycket, åtminstone inte hårt. Kommer du ihåg? Då vi fortfarande kunde skratta, le på ett äkta vis. Jag tänker på det ibland. Det smärtar. För aldrig har du väl varit. Längre bort. Från mig.
Old 05-29-2002, 01:47 AM   #52
Gayahithwen
Wight

Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

Quote:
And Gayahithwen- brownish, blondish hair. Long, like about to your waist. Greyish kinda eyes and very sweet. Doesn't like violence.
Very sweet? Doesn't like violence? LoL, perfect! That is soo just me.. Or at least, how I wish I was.. internet seems to bring out the best side of me, right? ^_^
Old 05-29-2002, 03:42 AM   #53
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Sting

Quote:
Well, if you´re beautiful (which I am sure you are), then I don´t mind looking like you!
Aww Eärendil, that's so sweet. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] But unfortunately, that's something I'm not. But you live close enough to find out for yourself. At the galla-premiere of TTT in Copenhagen perhaps??? Both Viggo Mortensen and Christopher Lee were there last year..... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
But I think you may look a bit Nazgûl though. I'm sure you have the devil in your eyes. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ May 29, 2002: Message edited by: Maikadilwen ]
Old 05-29-2002, 11:08 AM   #54
Eärendil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Hehe, maybe... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I would prefer to go to it in Sweden though...
Maybe some other time? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Oh yeah, I do have the devil in my eyes.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2002, 07:15 PM   #55
Aosama, the Wandering Star
Wight

Aosama, the Wandering Star has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

*Aosama removes large, curly-haired foot from mouth long enough to speak*
Kalessin's a guy? But his picture was of a girl... eep! Sorry, Kal! *Inserts foot securly into mouth*
Old 05-29-2002, 08:41 PM   #56
dragongirlG
Wight

dragongirlG has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Guess I don't post often enough...I wonder what people think of me.

I'll post descriptions later. It's really late in my place right now.
Old 05-29-2002, 08:54 PM   #57
Aosama, the Wandering Star
Wight

Aosama, the Wandering Star has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

dragongirlG: Aisan, dark eyes, hair black and in an updo/bun secured with silver/diamond hair thingy. Wearing long white bejeweled dress.
Jessica Jade: Tall, long brown hair, green eyes. Wearing jeans, greeen top, and denim jacket over top.
Old 05-29-2002, 09:16 PM   #58
Kalessin
Wight

Kalessin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I see that my lateralised left-brain spatial reasoning didn't convince anyone then ...

Or perhaps you know more about me than I do myself [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

If you must know, I am actually a shambling and decrepit misanthrope (arguably the love child of Imelda Marcos and Toulouse Lautrec) with the sensitivity of Charles Bukowski and the IQ of a mollusc. My hobbies include collecting scented candles and watching Xena Warrior Princess with the sound turned down while listening to crackly recordings of Winston Churchill's wartime speeches. I'm a great listener, but this is isn't about you. I am often mistaken for a troglodyte [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]

But seriously, these boards are doing wonders for my self-esteem [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Peace

[ May 29, 2002: Message edited by: Kalessin ]
Old 05-30-2002, 05:30 AM   #59
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Sorry Maikadilwen, didn't mean to offend you. I guess it's the begginning of your name that just reminds me of something Hawaiian for some reason. Oh well, I'm not that good at these sorta things....
But atleast I got somewhat close to Gayahithwen! So I guess it kinda evens out...but I won't try to depict of what I think of you Maikadawen, I don't wanna come out with the wrong answer! See, I just pressed the back button then came here again, and found out that your from Denmark and not Hawaii, damn I am really bad at this! Denmark is no where near Hawaii!!!
Old 05-30-2002, 08:07 AM   #60
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nevtalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

dragongirlG, I always pictured you as an animé character, dark, spiky, long hair and massive eyes [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2002, 08:33 AM   #61
dragongirlG
Wight

Sting

Aosama, wow! That's just what I looked like in my 8th grade graduation ceremony. You got it perfectly! Nevtalathiel, the eyes are right.
Old 05-30-2002, 09:15 AM   #62
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Daniel Telcontar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Maikadilwen, if you are beatiful and from Denmark, maybe we should met sometime. What are you doing Saturday evening?
Old 05-30-2002, 09:57 AM   #63
Gayahithwen
Wight

Sting

Lothiriel.. Well, my hair is pretty dark and so is my eyes.. But my hair is almost that long, so you got that right anyway! And I don't LIKE violence.. I just use it when my surroundings are to messy.. or something (like being called "nerd/freak/idiot/moron" from one of my classmates eleventy-one times in one lesson)
Old 05-30-2002, 10:20 AM   #64
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Sting

Quote:
Sorry Maikadilwen, didn't mean to offend you
Oh no, I'm not offended. Not at all. I'd love to be Hawaiian. Then maybe ppl wouldn't have to wear sunglasses every time I wear shorts or a skirt. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I try to picture myself dancing Hula.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2002, 10:24 AM   #65
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Sting

Quote:
Maikadilwen, if you are beatiful and from Denmark, maybe we should met sometime. What are you doing Saturday evening?
Nothing at all. Well, maybe watching FOTR for the 29th time..... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] (I'm not obsessed) [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
And like I said earlier, I'm NOT beautiful. I don't know how Eärendil came up with that. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ May 30, 2002: Message edited by: Maikadilwen ]
Old 05-30-2002, 10:57 AM   #66
Eärendil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I still think you´re beautiful.... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
If a few people even can look at ME (and I look...ehum.), then...oh well, maybe I am not really THAT ugly..and I really think you look better than me. I just KNOW you´re beautiful, I just do, and now do not say you´re not, I won´t tolerate it! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ May 30, 2002: Message edited by: Eärendil ]
Old 05-30-2002, 11:38 AM   #67
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You're ALL beautiful!!! (Group hug!)
Old 05-30-2002, 04:26 PM   #68
dragongirlG
Wight

Sting

Thank'ee Birdland! *gives Birdie a big hug*
Old 05-30-2002, 04:39 PM   #69
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Only one person mentioned me? And...I'm a GIRL for Goddess's sake!

Come on! My icon looks like me for Goddess's sake! It's at http://www.amybrownart.com/images2/bookfaery.jpg if you didn't see it.

Haha: so: that eliminates the mystery of me, sadly! LOL
Old 05-30-2002, 07:14 PM   #70
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Quote:
Come on! My icon looks like me for Goddess's sake! It's at http://www.amybrownart.com/images2/bookfaery.jpg if you didn't see it.
That's where I got my pic at the bottom of my sig.
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Old 05-30-2002, 10:30 PM   #71
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

Any opinions here? This little hobbit feels left out of the fun and games *sniff sniff*
[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Eh, I am just curious, that's all.
Old 05-30-2002, 10:57 PM   #72
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Joy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm sorry Tiger [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Didn't mean to leave you out.

I would say that you are about 5'4", brownish/blonde hair. Light skinned, sassy at times, sweet most of the time. I picture you fair to look upon, with a golden smile.

Am I any where near close? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
Old 05-31-2002, 02:47 AM   #73
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nevtalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

I always picture you as just like your pic, Tigerlilly!
Old 05-31-2002, 05:30 AM   #74
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Sting

Tigerlilly, I picture you as the sweetest and most joyous little she-Hobbit to be found in the Shire. With a big smile and warm, smiling eyes. Anywhere close?
Old 05-31-2002, 01:31 PM   #75
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Nevfeniel: I know, I think I commented on your icon once. You made it, BIG, but big is okay! LOL [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] .
Old 05-31-2002, 01:52 PM   #76
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Maikadilwen, I'm glad I didn't offend you! And Daniel seems really nice to you, wow! Hmm, I think he likes someone.....
I'm not trying to tease, so nobody get mad at me! (gotta put that in there now)

Ok, and Gayahithwen, hey....still kinda close!! And I'm exactly like you-I don't like violence, but when that sorta thing happens to me......well, yeah I'm gonna get nasty!

And does anybody have any opinion about me???? No one tried to describe me yet!!! If any of you have the time, please try!!!!
Old 05-31-2002, 02:00 PM   #77
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

I just had to say-after this post one more post until I reach 250!!!! Watching Christopher Lowell sure does mess with your head.... he's REALLY cheery, almost too cheery......
Old 05-31-2002, 03:20 PM   #78
Thinhyandoiel
Wight

Thinhyandoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thinhyandoiel
Eye

The only one I could describe is the BW. I actually picture him as a rotting corpse! There's no way I could picture him otherwise!! LOL!

No one tried to describe me yet. Not sure if that's a good thing... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2002, 08:27 PM   #79
Laiedheliel
Haunting Spirit

Location: A roaming Middle-Earth wanderer in the guise of a Ranger
Laiedheliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Laiedheliel
Sting

Jeez, no other takers? I'm pretty active...or so I thought, apparently. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Thinhyandoiel: A girl somewhere between fifteen and twenty, short brown hair, light freckles and an intellectual type. Glasses, maybe? A good writer. Am I anywhere close?

Cimm: A strongman with black hair and green eyes and a big broadsword...Maybe from Rohan or Gondor? LoL [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Lothiriel: A sixteen year old girl with blonde hair and a Nickelback Tee-shirt

Galadrie1: Long blonde wavy hair, blue eyes, rosy cheeks, always laughing.

Hmmm, I'll think of more later...Am I close on anyone above, though?
Old 05-31-2002, 08:55 PM   #80
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Nobody hurt me...
Lothiriel- Hyper blonde teenage girl
BW- A chick who's in college, has dark hair and is very studious with brown eyes.
Raefindel- Twentysome year old redhead... okay I'll just say Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Elenya- High school version of Enya.
Sharku- How come people are saying he's old? I always thought of him as some super genius eight year old (whoa, that was random) with black hair and freckles.
Naurlothwen- Liv Tyler lookalike who tends to have a hot temper *cowers*
Lush- D'oh! Saw picture already!!! Dangit! Actually i used to think you were a dude...
Earandil- Boromir in a blue tunic
Mithadan- Brown haired middle-aged guy
Niere-Teleliniel- Twelve-year-old with black hair and pale skin and bright smile.
Gollum- Kitty! Boo! Lookit! (That's code for Boo from Monsters Inc. which is the cutest movie! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )

Hey whatabout me?? I want to laugh at what people think I look like!! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Closed Thread