The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2017, 05:38 PM   #681
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, seriously. Now depending how many Wolves we have - which I would assume would be one or two - we anyway should make sure we get the voting right, I mean, if we get the voting wrong, it doesn't really matter.

If Nerwen is a Wolf and trying to go all-out with some scheme, I totally am not going to let that happen on my watch.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:40 PM   #682
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Some more thoughts....

If Boro is innocent that sudden bandwagon against him is troublesome, and I'd want to take a closer look Lalaith and Eomer who have pretty flown under my radar. If he turns out to be guilty however, I would say both of them look pretty innocentish. I mean, why set up a last minute lynch for a wolfish Boro when there were other lynch candidates to consider?

I don't think Legate's vote yesterDay tells us as much since he was next in line on the lynching block and his vote could have been made out of self-preservation. He did vote for Boro on all other Days, so Boro's guilt might make him look a bit better. Hounding on a fellow wolf throughout the entire game would be quite the risk, though not impossible. His opinions are still pretty non-committal, so without knowing Boro's identity, my feelings about him haven't really changed.

When Nerwen suspects someone, she is quite aggressive about it. I don't know, perhaps that is just her playing style. But I don't like how she is manipulating my past posts. When doing a post-by-post analysis of someone, it would be better if you used actual quotes or links rather than rephrasing what's been said.
Fair enough, but I'm doing this on a mobile device. I can only assure you that I have not been intentionally manipulating your posts. You're an enigma I'm trying to puzzle out.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:40 PM   #683
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Lal, the GW could have informed gifted Nerwen about known innocents.
Well if that isn't the same kind of thing tho. I mean the replies are supposed to be roleplayed, they are conveyed. One would assume them to be filtered, otherwise it would not make much sense to have that rule in the first place.

Okay. It's basically about deciding. Everything now becomes sort of clearly black-or-white, and given all the previous evidence, I don't really trust Nerwen.

EDIT: x-ed with Nerwen
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 07-19-2017, 05:41 PM   #684
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

The only thing keeping me back on this is Nerwen's timezone, which can explain why this is happening now.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:42 PM   #685
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

And anyway since I have two votes, it doesn't really matter. Because if I get lynched, then I *know* we are losing an innocent. Okay. So.

EDIT: x-ed with Eomer
Old 07-19-2017, 05:43 PM   #686
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm beginning to wonder about Lal now. I don't think we should split the vote today, but her insistence on wanting to vote Eonwe is weird to me.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:43 PM   #687
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
AT LAST! THE LOAD IS COMPLETE AGAIN.

I tried to post a few times throughout the day, but the wireless at work was being fickle and it appears it didn't work. Give me a few minutes (if that) to catch up properly.

As an aside, my vote from yesterDay keeps getting left out of the vote tallies.

EDIT: Disregard the last, as it was fixed and I didn't notice.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:43 PM   #688
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Lal, the GW could have informed gifted Nerwen about known innocents.
Bingo.

Unfortunately I don't know Legate's role- I have had some suspicion of him, but mainly I'm voting him mainly because he's had one vote and isn't Eonwe.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:43 PM   #689
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

If there's no lynch today, and a kill at night, and the last wolf created, we lose. Is EW Nerwen trying to get us to attempt a lynch on her?
Old 07-19-2017, 05:44 PM   #690
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I had assumed from reading the rules that the GW was only allowed to discuss strategy with Gifteds. I thought no naming of names was allowed. I may well have assumed wrong. Kuru please advise?
Old 07-19-2017, 05:45 PM   #691
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I'm beginning to wonder about Lal now. I don't think we should split the vote today, but her insistence on wanting to vote Eonwe is weird to me.
Yes. I've tended to trust her, but as you say it's getting a bit weird.

Edit: x'd since my last.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:45 PM   #692
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

It is in any case obvious that either Nerwen is now protecting Eonwe, or I don't know what. Eonwe, what do you have to say about all this, by the way?

EDIT: x-ing with everyone
Old 07-19-2017, 05:47 PM   #693
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I'm not being weird, I'm being tired.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:48 PM   #694
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

I'm going for best of both worlds here; don't vote Eonwe, don't vote Nerwen. If she's telling the truth, or lying, there's another 2 wolves out there.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:48 PM   #695
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
My mental light bulb seems to have a short. Why is Nerwen suddenly such a topic of murderous conversation? This is madness, yes, but an evil Nerwen would have no reason to draw such attention to herself at this moment.

With Nog gone, I'm strongly leaning toward Legate being my top suspect, but look for that to possibly change? We'll see. I'm still catching up and trying to go back and piece some things together. I'm really quite bitter my posts kept getting eaten today. *grump*

x'd with a host
Old 07-19-2017, 05:49 PM   #696
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
I had assumed from reading the rules that the GW was only allowed to discuss strategy with Gifteds. I thought no naming of names was allowed. I may well have assumed wrong. Kuru please advise?
You assumed wrong. The GW can't identify gifteds to each other, but can give other information, including "x is innocent".
Old 07-19-2017, 05:49 PM   #697
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
If there's no lynch today, and a kill at night, and the last wolf created, we lose. Is EW Nerwen trying to get us to attempt a lynch on her?
Not that on top of everything.

Ok. I want to hear from Eönwë what he has to say for himself.

Then - heck. I could vote for Nerwen. Or I could vote for Eönwë, but I want to hear from him first, because if Nerwen is pulling some super-complicated scheme and dragging innocent Eönwë into something...

But really, this is getting so muddled up that I could just vote also Eönwë because it is anyway possible he is a Wolf as well. I mean objectively he was even more suspicious than her. So maybe it is EW Nerwen trying to save a Wolf of hers?
Old 07-19-2017, 05:50 PM   #698
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
My mental light bulb seems to have a short. Why is Nerwen suddenly such a topic of murderous conversation? This is madness, yes, but an evil Nerwen would have no reason to draw such attention to herself at this moment.
Unless she was an EW protecting a Wolf? Or a Wolf anyway; if the WWs are close to win, it doesn't really matter there.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:51 PM   #699
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

2 votes for Legate, and Sally wants to add to that.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:52 PM   #700
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Same rule as before.

Votes after my deadline post will not count.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:52 PM   #701
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ok, it looks like we're heading to true endgame. In which case, I see no reason to not believe Nerwen unless someone else claims otherwise.

While I've suspected Brinniel for a while (and maybe my judgement was clouded because she's suspected me so heavily), she's seemed pretty genuine toDay, so I'm not inclined to vote her. I'm also more suspicious of others (see below), and I don't particularly see any evidence of her being in a wolf-pack with them.

Shasta is eternally a mystery to me, but toDay he seems better than he has so far. I'm willing to accept that his submarineishness so far has been due to RL reasons as he claims, and he hasn't done anything particularly suspicious so far, so he gets a pass from me for toDay

So, basically, it's down to Legate, Eomer, Sally and Lalaith.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:52 PM   #702
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
2 votes for Legate, and Sally wants to add to that.
And I don't know why, because I don't know what either of them are.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:53 PM   #703
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
That's a possibility.

Or a Nerwolf has decided to make a risky move and out herself as gifted. And hoping we'd give her benefit of the doubt, direct the lynch away from the baddies and toward an innocent. If someone is killed toNight, or a wolf turned, that would end the game as well.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:53 PM   #704
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sally, while mostly absent, hasn't done anything particularly eyebrow-raising so for, so, since this might literally be the last Day, I'm going to ignore her for now.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:53 PM   #705
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Unless she was an EW protecting a Wolf? Or a Wolf anyway; if the WWs are close to win, it doesn't really matter there.
That's a fair point, but it doesn't seem very Nerwen to me.

I really feel like the Nerwen shenanigans are being blown out of proportion to detract from the actual baddies.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:55 PM   #706
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I really feel like the Nerwen shenanigans are being blown out of proportion to detract from the actual baddies.
Agreed. I'm inclined to believe her.

My bet is that at least 2 of Legate, Lalaith, and Eomer are evil.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:55 PM   #707
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Shasta has been gung ho for Legate for days, and Nerwen has jumped on that today. Those are the 2 votes so far.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:56 PM   #708
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Ok, no way. If I die, we are losing an innocent. So now I am totally about self-preservation.

Is there anyone most people would agree on?
Old 07-19-2017, 05:56 PM   #709
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Well Nerwen, I really hope you're a good guy, because it looks like you have the support.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:56 PM   #710
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I've been at least mildly consistent in my suspicion of Steve, so putting aside the stuff with him and Nerwen from today, I would happily vote for him, because he had plenty of suspicion his way yesterday and then all of a sudden today things have gone nuts.

Mind, this doesn't mean Legate is off the hook. I'd be willing to bet they're both evil.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:56 PM   #711
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Worryingly, the Dead Thread Empowerment is really going to make a difference toDay.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:56 PM   #712
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

What is probably going to happen is that Legate will be lynched. I'm too tired to make proper sense of this but I think the Nerwen may be lying so I would like to open up the option for an alternative.
++eonwe
Old 07-19-2017, 05:57 PM   #713
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Shasta has been gung ho for Legate for days, and Nerwen has jumped on that today. Those are the 2 votes so far.
And no one else has jumped on. That ought to tell you something.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 07-19-2017, 05:58 PM   #714
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, let's hope for the best.

++Eonwe

So I hope we'll be here still toMorrow.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:58 PM   #715
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Well, I'd better not split the vote.

++Legate
Old 07-19-2017, 05:58 PM   #716
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

++shasta
Old 07-19-2017, 05:58 PM   #717
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Guh.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:59 PM   #718
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Also, I may be mistaken, but for future reference (assuming there is a toMorrow), I seem to remember Nog suggesting a possible Legate+Eomer wolf-team.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:59 PM   #719
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I'll assist Lal in hedging our bets. I feel pretty comfortable with either candidate, but Steve has rung alarm bells for a while longer, so best to go with my initial instincts.

++Steve

x'd since Shasta's #713
Old 07-19-2017, 05:59 PM   #720
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
++shasta