The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-18-2002, 02:32 AM   #1
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril *TTT - Movie Bloopers*

Did you see any of those little mistakes fans love to look for? Tell us about them!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 03:00 AM   #2
Nerdanel
Pile O'Bones

Nerdanel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Haven't noticed too many yet; there is so much to see the first time. But, Shadowfax definitely has a saddle and ropes every now and again. Just a glimpse though; they did a good job editing that.
Nerdanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 05:04 AM   #3
mollecon
Wight

mollecon has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

While Aragorn, Legolas & Gimli are hunting the Orchs, at some point Legolas mentions they've changed course to the North-East - shoulda been North-West..
mollecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 05:22 AM   #4
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

I did notice some this time...<P>When the orcs are attacked by the Rohirrim and you see Pippin on his back about to get trampled his wrists appear to be unbound... but then they are bound again after that shot.<P>While entering Meduseld, Gandalf's staff chages from being parallel to vertical, depending on whether the shot is from behind or infront.<P>I remember seeing others, but I can't think of what they were at this moment. They may come to me.<P>Anyone else see PJ's kids in the Glittering Caves? Also, PJ was in the battle at Helm's Deep... and I heard a rumor that Viggo's son was there too.
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 08:35 AM   #5
Rina
Pile O'Bones

Rina has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I wondered if anyone else had seen the elf with glasses at the beginning of FotR? It is after Isildur cuts the ring from Sauron's hand and the elves are being "blasted" from Sauron's explosion. It happens rather quickly, but my friend also saw it, so I don't think I'm imagining things.

"God is the Lord, of angels, and of men - and of elves."
Rina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 08:50 AM   #6
Sharkū
Hungry Ghoul

Sharkū has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Those aren't glasses, it's hair blown over his face. <BR>I wondered that myself once, so I freeze-framed the... uh, DVD. Doesn't look like glasses anymore then.
Sharkū is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 11:51 AM   #7
TolkienGurl
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

TolkienGurl has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to TolkienGurl Send a message via AIM to TolkienGurl
Sting

Some of my friends are convinced that the Elf you are talking about is Legolas. It certainly looks like him!<P>Yes, I did see PJ's kids. I recognized their eyes. Their hair was dyed blonde, of course, so it is kind of hard to see them as the same kids from FotR. I didn't see PJ, though.<P>And in the "Last Charge" of Theoden and Aragorn, etc., since when do horses galloping down a causeway cause Orcs to just fall over and get trampled? That part was wierd. Watch it and you'll understand what I'm talking about.
TolkienGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 12:13 PM   #8
Rina
Pile O'Bones

Rina has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Peter Jackson's kids were in FotR? Where?

"God is the Lord, of angels, and of men - and of elves."
Rina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 12:28 PM   #9
TolkienGurl
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

TolkienGurl has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to TolkienGurl Send a message via AIM to TolkienGurl
Sting

They were little Hobbit children. And PJ is in the scene in Bree. He was a big drunk man stumbling down the road and he belches pretty loud.
TolkienGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 11:16 PM   #10
-Imrahil-
Shade of Carn Dūm

-Imrahil- has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yep I recognized the kids. Though I did not see PJ.
Old 12-19-2002, 05:52 AM   #11
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli stop all of a sudden. "Hide!"<P>Approx 2 seconds later an eored appears out of nowhere, they hadn't noticed it before.
Old 12-19-2002, 08:45 AM   #12
Sīdhrīs
Haunting Spirit

Sīdhrīs has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Wasn't PJ one of the Dunlendings?
Sīdhrīs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 04:07 PM   #13
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yep... I saw him the first time I saw it!!!!!!!<P>Also Merry's cut that he got from getting tossed around by the orcs, moves from the right side of his face to the left side, then back to the right side again.<p>[ December 19, 2002: Message edited by: Arwen Evenstar the Fair ]
Old 12-19-2002, 04:51 PM   #14
Maeglin
Wight

Maeglin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

2 things!<P>1. The first thing that annoyes me was the continuose adding and removal of horses! <P>When Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli walks in Fangron forest there are no horses with them. Then out of Fangorn they ride again! Did the horses walk around the forest? And how did they do that???<BR>Another place is the last barricated room at at Helms Deep. Aragorn and Theoden are talking, dadida... Different views all around the room. No horses and barely any soldiers. But then in the next scene when they decided to attack, the room is suddenly filled with soldiers in shiny armors riding horses!<P>2. At helms deep when the orcs brake the wall and swarms in, Aragorn is in so much trouble that Gimli needs to jump down from the stairs to help him. Then in the next scene Aragorn is standing clean and ready with a bunch of elves at a distance of proably 7 meters to help Gimli. Teleportation?<P>I'm not too sure about my precision in the second one. But I shall studie it next time I see it.<p>[ December 19, 2002: Message edited by: Maeglin ]
Old 12-19-2002, 04:57 PM   #15
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Sting

Since Sam and Frodo did not see Boromir die, how can Sam tell Faramir about how Boromir died? I thought that was a rather glaring error.
Old 12-19-2002, 04:58 PM   #16
Maeglin
Wight

Maeglin has just left Hobbiton.
He guessed. <P>Sorry for spamming... Godnight folks!<p>[ December 19, 2002: Message edited by: Maeglin ]
Old 12-19-2002, 05:00 PM   #17
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

I noticed that too, Thenamir. But by that time the whole Faramir thing was one big blooper.<P>I noticed that in Fangorn when Grishnakh is looming over Merry about to carve a maggot hole in his belly (as he so eloquently put it) he is right over Merry. But then when Treebeard stomps on him Merry is conviently out of harm's way.
Old 12-19-2002, 05:01 PM   #18
-Imrahil-
Shade of Carn Dūm

-Imrahil- has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Bloopers weren't to noticeable for me. Although now that I think about you it you are right about the horses! Will look for it again when I go tomorrow again.<p>[ December 19, 2002: Message edited by: -Imrahil- ]
Old 12-20-2002, 04:44 PM   #19
Shadowstrife911
Animated Skeleton

Shadowstrife911 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Shadowstrife911
Sting

The last charge of Theoden & Aragon & the rest of the Rohirrim was badly editted. One second there are 10 soldiers bracing the door and no horses and Theoden & Aragon decide to charge. The next shot there is a whole battalion of mounted soldiers in shiny armor ready to ride...<P>It seemed rather goofy to me.
Old 12-21-2002, 12:15 AM   #20
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

I just imagined that Frodo told Sam about Boromir somewhere along their journey when we weren't watching. Though, that thought did cross my mind at first.<P>Did you know that when Aragorn kicks the helm (by the pile of burning orcs) that he yells because he just broke his toe?
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 12:32 AM   #21
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Really? Interesting. Well, it worked for the scene, I suppose because he definately fooled me.
Old 12-21-2002, 05:50 PM   #22
ReededGoat
Animated Skeleton

ReededGoat has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Minas Morgul is not on Faramir's map<BR>If Treebeard, Merry and Pippin are the first to see Gandalf the White, why does Gandalf act like it's the first time he's heard his name as Gandalf when he later meets up with Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas?<BR>Faramir catches Frodo and Co. East of the Anduin - when they go to Osgiliath, they enter it while it's being besieged FROM THE EAST, and they're suddenly on the West side of the river.<BR>The time/transportation/distance consistency was non-existent...I found it especially bold for them to show a map in detail half way through the film when they're already cutting three day trips into day long ones etc.<BR>Maybe it wouldn't be considered a blooper, but there are like 10 ents at the entmoot, it take Treebeard the whole film to get across Fangorn, but the minute he gets mad and yells, fifty ents come right out of the tree line...now that just doesn't work.
ReededGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 04:03 AM   #23
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dūm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

This is the only mistake that I have noticed<BR>When Gandalf is walking into Meudseld, Legolas is holding his arm, next second he lets go, then he's holding him again, then he's not again.
Old 12-22-2002, 12:21 PM   #24
Luinėcolloien
Animated Skeleton

Luinėcolloien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luinėcolloien
Sting

I also noticed the horse add/removal. But all in all I didn't notice many but that might be because I've still only seen it once. <P>BTW, TolkienGurl-The Elf in the Last Alliance with his hair blown all over his face that looks like Legolas...I heard somewhere that it was Thranduil, which seems to fit.
Luinėcolloien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 12:52 PM   #25
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Like Tigerlily I thought Frodo had told Sam about what happened with Boromir and made an inference when Faramir told them that Boromir had died.<P>There's a flip side to that. Faramir never tells us about finding Boromir's boat. So how does he know Boromir's dead?
Old 12-22-2002, 01:28 PM   #26
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Just because Faramir didn't mention the boat doesn't mean he didn't see it. Extended DVD?<P>Also, maybe Merry and Pippin didn't shout out "Gandalf!" when they saw him. Maybe Gandalf just said "Everythings ok guys, now I must be off!"<P>And finally, I heard that Viggo was going to yell out anyway when he broke his toe. The crew were amazed he didn't scream like a baby and went through with the worked cry instead.
Old 12-22-2002, 01:29 PM   #27
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<A HREF="http://www.moviemistakes.com/film.php?filmid=2638" TARGET=_blank>Here</A> is a website that has some movie mistakes. I haven't seen TTT yet here are some of the mistakes listed at this site:<P>Just prior to the attack scene from the Orc riders you can see Aragon's horse changes from brown to white, then back to brown again. <P>Gollum is shown as sporting rather spindly limbs throughout the movie. Yet when he has his arm around Sam's neck in a close up shot (when he first meets the hobbits), the arm looks a lot more muscular and human.<P>n the scene with Aragorn tracking the hobbits footsteps away from the Orc battle, Aragorn's equipment is reversed - his sword is on his right hip, his dagger is on his left, etc<P>When Gandalf first confronts Theoden, he throws his cloak off his shoulders and it can be seen falling to his feet, it then shows another full shot and the cloak is nowhere to be seen<P>O.K. that is enouph for now, if you want more, go to the link above.
Old 12-22-2002, 04:09 PM   #28
LePetitChoux
Vegetable of Doom

LePetitChoux has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to LePetitChoux
Sting

Well, about the Pippin/bound/unbound hands thing, the orcs probably re-tied them or smth...
Old 12-23-2002, 07:02 AM   #29
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Exactly WHY do Uruk-Hais have little leathery things around the waist.... are you trying to tell me they have genitals?? And if so, WHY???<BR>Sorry. I know that was perverted. *blush*
Old 12-23-2002, 07:40 AM   #30
orlandoandsaran
Haunting Spirit

orlandoandsaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to orlandoandsaran
Shield

I was juz wondering....how do they breed orcs? I know this was mentioned in the book somewhere(or maybe it wasn't at all) but how do they? I know they DON'T hav mates....and they was one scene where an orc was hit on his genitals...I was juz wondering..heheh..not trying to be a pervert. <BR>And yeah, the WHOLE Faramir issue was totally wrong! The movie made Faramir sound like he was a totally bad guy.
Old 12-23-2002, 03:15 PM   #31
the mortal elf
Wight

the mortal elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to the mortal elf
Tolkien

Along with the strong Gollum arm thing, he had hair on his arm! I know he might have had some, but wouldn't 500 years in the water make it disappear somewhat? I mean, look what happened to his nice full hobbit head of hair. <P>And, I'm surprised that more people haven't mentioned this: Legolas needs to pick an eye color! Now blue, now brown. Let's move in for a close up, and they're blue. Later on in the same scene, wow! They're brown again! <P>I don't want to say anything else, because I'm once again trying to be positive. I don't think the Faramir thing was a blooper, since they meant to do it that way, but it was a rather GLARING mistake.
Old 12-23-2002, 03:59 PM   #32
Forreal

Sting

I just wanted to pointout that it seems a little silly to be commented on gandalfs cloak or what colour Arg. horse is when there are so many problems with the story line! Elves in Helms Deep! Fordo and Sam in Gondor and on the wrong side of the river to boot! The Lord of Rohan is a wimp it seems until he decides to ride out. All of this upset the move and I have no idea how PJ intends to bring it back. As far as I'm concerned TTT is not LOTR. Just a movie with charcters that have the same name.
Old 12-23-2002, 05:05 PM   #33
Namarie
Pile O'Bones

Namarie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Namarie
Sting

When Gimli, Legolas and Aragorn are running up that hill or whatever when they zoom out you cans see tire tracks on the other mountain
Old 12-23-2002, 10:02 PM   #34
Alcerin
Pile O'Bones

Alcerin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Here they are! <P><UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>During Frodo and Sam's final scene in Osgiliath, you can clearly see that the chain Frodo is wearing has gotten longer. In several shots, the chain hangs down below the shot, so you cannot see the Ring, yet in other shots the chain is within the camera shot, and the Ring is clearly visible.<BR><LI>In the scene before the battle of Helm's Deep when Legolas is arguing with Aragorn, his eyes are brown, rather than blue.<BR><LI>At the end of the film, after the battle of Helm's Deep, Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and the king ride their horses to the top of the hill to look at the lightning over Mordor. However, earlier in the film when they had been on the hill there was no sign of Mordor in the distance.<BR><LI>In Edoras, when Wormtongue is 'charming' Eowyn, his hand is cleary on her face and his person is only inches away. When Eowyn retaliates with words and gets Wormtongue's hand away from her, the next shot shows that they are over 6 feet apart from each other.<LI>During the passage of the Dead Marshes, Gollum speaks a line to Frodo and Sam that's lifted straight from the book: 'Don't follow the lights, or you'll go down and light little candles too.' In the book, the apparitions of the dead under the water seem to light ghostly candles during the night, and that's where the 'lights' that Gollum's warning them about are coming from. But in the film, the dead hold no candles, the 'lights' are flaming gouts of swamp gas, and this snippet of dialogue makes no sense. <P><LI>In any shots of Fangorn Forest from a distance it is an evergreen forest. However, when it is seen from close up or inside it is a deciduous forest. <LI>Merry and Pippin are brought by Treebeard to see Gandalf in Fangorn. Later, Aragorn, Leoglas, and Gimli are told by Gandalf that the hobbits had been there. Then Aragorn mentions Gandalf's name, and he recalls that as being his name. Now, during the hobbits' prior meeting with Gandalf, one of them would have probably called him by his name, and therefore, he would have heard it before Aragorn gets there. <BR><LI>In the scene where Gimli is explaining why there are misconceptions about there not being any Dwarven Women, Aragon makes a joke about them having beards. He is standing/walking when he makes this comment, the camera pans to someone else then its right back on him, but now he is riding a horse.<BR></UL>

~John 11:35~
Alcerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 09:01 PM   #35
Orodreth

Sting

I don't know if anyone caught this, but in the scenes with Gandalf the White, he's wearing an Elven cloak and an Elven brooch over his white robe. I searched the other characters to see if they might have perhaps lended the wizard a garment, but they all still had their own. Just wondering how a deceased wizard comes back to Middle-earth wearing Elven garb...
Old 12-25-2002, 01:36 PM   #36
The Silver-shod Muse
Shade of Carn Dūm

The Silver-shod Muse has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Minas Morgul is not on Faramir's map <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Maybe that's not a blooper. A forewarning of cut scenes, perhaps?
"'You," he said, "tell her all. What good came to you? Do you rejoice that Maleldil became a man? Tell her of your joys, and of what profit you had when you made Maleldil and death acquainted.'" -Perelandra, by C.S. Lewis
The Silver-shod Muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 05:37 PM   #37
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dūm

Arathiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arathiriel
Silmaril

Did I imagine it or was Gandalf wearing tennis shoes in Edoras? <P>Next time you watch TTT when it reaches the part where they comes into Theoden's throne room, look at Gandalf's feet and tell me whether or not my eyes were playing tricks on me...
Old 12-25-2002, 07:42 PM   #38
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Another one I think I saw that no one has mentioned: In almost the very beginning, when Frodo and Sam stop to rest and Frodo takes a drink of water, I thought that I spotted a power cord hanging from the bottle... did anyone else notice that?
Ithaeliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 07:52 PM   #39
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I don't know if anyone caught this, but in the scenes with Gandalf the White, he's wearing an Elven cloak and an Elven brooch over his white robe. I searched the other characters to see if they might have perhaps lended the wizard a garment, but they all still had their own. Just wondering how a deceased wizard comes back to Middle-earth wearing Elven garb... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Actually if you've read the books you'll remember Gandalf explains what happened to him after he was sent back...<P>He traveled through Lothlorien and since he was very unclothed, the Elves clothed him in the garments of their own people...<P>So no that wasn't a goof up except for the fact they didn't allow Gandalf to explain that in the movie...
Old 12-25-2002, 07:57 PM   #40
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dūm

Silmaril

I've got one more for you before I head off:<P>How the heck do Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli know what the Uruk-Hai are? I mean supposing didn't Saruman breed them especially for the armies of Mordor?<P>