The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2002, 12:24 AM   #321
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Shield

Uhhh??? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2002, 12:56 AM   #322
Kalimac
Candle of the Marshes

Kalimac has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Good lord, I totally missed this thread up until now! Here's mine, they're kind of brief:

Lush: Essence of Russian teenager (in a good way). Blond hair, very thin, likes to wear black clothes and high-heeled boots [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. Very energetic.

Raefindel - Like Mrs. Weasley from Harry Potter, only a bit younger (this is meant to be a compliment, BTW [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]). She doesn't quite have the ability to point a wand at a pot and have it produce a stew, but she can do most of the other things.

Samwise - On the small side, blond, has a mystical ability to control hordes of small children.

Marileangorifurnimaluim (did I spell that right?) - Tall, thin, in her mid-thirties with dark bobbed hair and a bookshelf full of historical and theological texts so dense that most of us would weep.

Diamond18 - About 5'6", brown hair down to the middle of her back, 18 years old (don't know where I got that from [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]) with freckles and at least one book under her arm at all times.

burrahobbit - Short and thin, with black curly hair and wearing a Nietzsche t-shirt ("What doesn't kill me makes me stronger.")

Birdland - Brown hair in a bun, mid-forties, good cook and raconteur with a fund of travel stories about things that happened to her while she was hiking in the wilds of Peru (or someplace similarly remote).

Knight of Gondor - square-faced, brown hair, very good at sports when he gets a chance to play.

I'm kind of tired right now so I'm probably forgetting a lot of names. Am I at all close on these?
Old 11-10-2002, 08:11 AM   #323
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Dear lord! It seems Cimmerian has returned to us from the live!

And it seems hes entirely missed the recent discussion on himself as well!
Old 11-10-2002, 09:12 AM   #324
LadyElbereth
Wight

LadyElbereth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hmmmmm, let's see.

DarkRose: Waist length dark brown hair, fair skinned, tall and thin, with natural red lips and peircing blue eyes.
(am I close?)
Old 11-10-2002, 10:14 AM   #325
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Varda: tall, slim. Elegant long dress. Smiling friendly face with cornflower blue eyes. (Quite possibly wings...!)If a race from LOTR, definitly an elf.
Old 11-10-2002, 01:54 PM   #326
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril

I think someone needs to send the EMTs to Cimm's dwelling - he's probably passed out on the floor.
Old 11-10-2002, 03:27 PM   #327
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

like I said, as soon as i get over to Aussie land, as soon as I get over to Aussie land...
Old 11-10-2002, 03:55 PM   #328
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Cimmy sounds like he's out of it...well: at least we haven't gotten angry/confused private messages from him (yet)...
Old 11-11-2002, 06:52 PM   #329
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

Kalimac, I had to look up Mrs. Weasley on a search engine, as I've never seen Harry Potter, but if I got the right picture it is fairly accurate.

I envision YOU as a cute ,small, energitic brunette who drives a sports car and tries to cook, with largely dissipointing results.
Old 11-11-2002, 11:00 PM   #330
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Thumbs up

Quote:
Lush: Essence of Russian teenager (in a good way). Blond hair, very thin, likes to wear black clothes and high-heeled boots . Very energetic.
"Well, I'll be darned," says Lush as she glances from her five pairs of black sweaters to her leather stilettos to her size 2 little black dress.

[ November 12, 2002: Message edited by: Lush ]
Old 11-12-2002, 12:23 AM   #331
Kalimac
Candle of the Marshes

Kalimac has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Rae, thanks [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. Actually I thought the movie Mrs. Weasley was OK but I'd always pictured her looking younger and rounder-faced in the books. The red hair was mainly what I was getting at; that and the ability to keep the youngsters in order with good humor.

Lush - hey, I was right? Mostly I just remembered walking down the street in Moscow and what the predominant trends there were. All those stalls and stalls of high-heeled boots - as for the black clothes, I learned about those very quickly. On my first day there I made the mistake of wearing a red windbreaker on the train and I stuck out like an ambulance strobe on a pitch-dark night.

As for me, I am a brunette - the thing people tend to notice about me is that I can sit on my hair; if I had a dollar for every time I've been asked "Have you ever cut your hair in your life?" I'd be - well, I wouldn't have to be stressing about looking for a new job. I'm not small or large; 5 1/2 feet tall; "average" really does fit me. Cute? Eh, more bookwormy. Glasses, of course. And I drive a station wagon, but only because it was handy for moving all my/our possessions in and out of apartments and dorms every few months. One day I'll have that bright red car...

As for cooking, Rae, I think you must have been spying on me last night as I tried to gently prick a pie crust that I was baking and somehow managed to shatter it into about 45 pieces. Argh! (The other survived, fortunately).
Old 11-12-2002, 12:45 PM   #332
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

vanima u may speak for yourself there...
Old 11-12-2002, 01:51 PM   #333
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril

Hey, I'd be happy to hear from him! Even if it was an angry letter. All of our RPs are dead!
Old 11-12-2002, 03:52 PM   #334
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

nah its only the Sword that is currently, well, yes dead. And I suppose A Hobbits Tale is probably fairly dead as well.
*sigh*
Old 11-12-2002, 06:43 PM   #335
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Well, I mean as of recent [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] . No: Cimmy's been pretty good to me in PM...never yelled at me, even when I was really annoying...

Cimmy: where are you, btw?
Old 11-13-2002, 12:33 AM   #336
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

Kalimac my picture is posted on the "Show us your true self" thread. My hair is red-er than it shows in the pic, but still just a deep auburn.

Wow! How do you take care of all that hair?
Old 11-13-2002, 01:40 PM   #337
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Quote:
Cimmy: where are you, btw?
the point is hes not here therefore he cant answer? fnuh neh neh?!
Old 11-13-2002, 03:43 PM   #338
TolkienGurl
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

TolkienGurl has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to TolkienGurl Send a message via AIM to TolkienGurl
Sting

Hee hee. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] What do I look like?
Old 11-13-2002, 03:56 PM   #339
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

TolkienGurl: Shoulder-length brown hair that's always kept in a pony-tail. Bright brown eyes, pale skin and a few freckles. A bit taller than "average" height.

How about little ol' me?
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Old 11-13-2002, 06:51 PM   #340
TolkienGurl
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

TolkienGurl has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to TolkienGurl Send a message via AIM to TolkienGurl
Sting

Are you stalking me, Galadrie1? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] You have almost described me perfectly! But my eyes are a bluish-green, and I don't have freckles. I wish I did, though. Freckles are adorable!

Let me see...
Galadrie1: Young, but not immature (like me! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ), medium height, blonde hair, and blue eyes. I didn't say that because your name is Galadrie1 either!
Old 11-13-2002, 08:09 PM   #341
LadyElbereth
Wight

Sting

I think Galadrie1 looks like:
Tall, with long flowy silver/white hair, with bright blue eyes and a darktan.

(Have you seen Storm on X-men the movie? Yeah, kinda like that but with no bangs and silvery hair.)

[ November 13, 2002: Message edited by: LadyElbereth ]
Old 11-14-2002, 04:18 AM   #342
Gwaihir the Windlord
Essence of Darkness

Gwaihir the Windlord has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

What do the downers look like? Well I'd say that they most probably look like, well, people. Although that's only an educated guess, as I've never actually seen any of you.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:07 PM   #343
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Just to refresh this old topic that was one of my favourites. I will post something worthwhile tomorrow. Carry on.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:29 PM   #344
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

Hey, I never noticed someone posted a description of me. Tall? Hm...all 5ft 3 of me.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:45 PM   #345
Firondoiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Firondoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oooo, this looks like a fun thread.

Beren87: Kind of tall, with brown hair and brown eyes.

alaklondewen: Pretty, with dark brown hair, not quite shoulder length, and blue eyes.

gilraen: Moderate height, about 5'4. Long brown hair and green eyes with a mysterious light in them.

elven maiden Earwen: Very intelligent looking with long blonde hair and brown eyes.

That's all for now. Any one care to do me??

[ April 28, 2003: Message edited by: Firondoiel ]
"Forth, and fear no darkness. Arise. Arise, Riders of Théoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered. A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!"
Old 04-28-2003, 02:45 PM   #346
LadyElbereth
Wight

Sting

Ah! I love this topic! Thanks for reviving it, Amanaduial the archer !
Hmmm, let's see, I think that Lady Iverin has dark, dark brown hair, blue eyes, fair skin, and is about average height. Am I right? HUH? HUH? lol [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ April 28, 2003: Message edited by: LadyElbereth ]
Old 04-28-2003, 03:31 PM   #347
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Lol... you can tell Firondoiel hangs out in the quiz room... what about me? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] btw, I picture you as being dark haired and feminine, mid-late teens.

Birdland wears broomstick skirts and cardigans, she's 30/40-ish and cool. Brown hair?

I saw The Saucepan Man's picture, but before that I honestly pictured him covered in pans [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

GaladrieloftheOlden is 14-ish, dresses casual, gets hyper. I picture her with long dk. brown hair, green eyes.

Mithadan clean-shaven, whoever said that moms would have liked him in high-school is spot on as far as how I'd pictured him.

Annunfuiniel is blond and kind of studious looking.

Beren87- tall and dark haired? Hard to picture [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

elven maiden Earwen- short blond hair, early teens, I picture her with a cute nose, reads a lot.

Pio dark hair, smiles a lot (even when "enforcing the rules"), I picture her as young-ish and stylish.

Lyra Greenleaf looks like her avatar, tallish, dark hair, slender.

[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I'm probably soooo far off, but, there you go [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 04-28-2003, 03:52 PM   #348
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Annunfuiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Annunfuiniel is blond and kind of studious looking.
[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]/ [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Wow, you saw right thru me! I mean I'm a red head at the moment but a natural blond. lol
But please do define "studious looking"! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

As for you, Sophia, I associate you with that old avatar of yours (it was yours wasn't it?): long dark brown hair, beautiful features and a kind, bit mysterious smile.

More later...
Old 04-28-2003, 03:57 PM   #349
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

I do have long hair, which is currently dark brown, I've lost track of what color it is naturally though. *blushes* light brown I think. I also- honest to God, have pointy ears... *blushes again* I have no idea where they came from.

Studious looking I guess is the opposite of athletic looking, which is my way of saying I don't think you look like a female body-builder [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] More slender and indoorsy
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 04-28-2003, 03:58 PM   #350
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I forgot about this thread. Thanks for bringing it back up.

Firondoiel: looks 14ish but with older eyes, fairly short, decently athletic, conservatively styled clothing, but usually with stand-out colors (eg bright red)

Sophia the Thunder Mistress: upper teens or early twenties, not overly concerned with modern style and fashion, laziness manifests itself in the form of bad posture

Anybody else want to be inaccurately described?

(you can try me if you want, but as my name should tell you, it might be a challenge)

[ April 28, 2003: Message edited by: the phantom ]
Old 04-28-2003, 04:02 PM   #351
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

Quote:
Diamond18 - About 5'6", brown hair down to the middle of her back, 18 years old (don't know where I got that from [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]) with freckles and at least one book under her arm at all times.
Kalimac! I am indeed 5'6", 18 years old, with brown hair (though I like to call it light reddish brown, to be exact, and keep it between chin and shoulder length most of the time...I'm letting it grow out now, though...). However, no freckles, not even the slightest hint of one. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] And whatever gave you the idea that I like books? *Shifts copy of David Copperfield from one arm to other, while smiling innocently*.

Since I've seen Alk's pic pages it's kind of hard for me to guess about people's appearances...though I must say that in my mind's eye all REB RPGers looks like their characters (even if I know for a fact that they don't).
  • Yes, Mithadan, that means plenty of carbuncles for you. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] You look like Lurtz, but have a nice smile...as far as Orcs go. In blue jeans and a denim jacket...
  • Squatter looks more like Baklava than Etceteron, though not as a horse... He always wears black. Nimble too, as one would need to be to climb fences in the dark.
  • Estelyn is Princess Fiona, of course, though her hair is pale and golden rather than brown.
  • The Barrow-Wight has very big hair...like Bon Jovi from a long time ago. He's also, of course, very athletic because he walks or runs everywhere he goes.
  • Kuruharan, well, is Kuruharan. Read his description of himself in the RPG and you'll see what I see. Has a crazy sort of twinkle in his eyes.
  • Bethberry looks like Cate Blanchett as Galadriel, only dressed in Gothic clothing. Always wears a knowing smile.
  • Rimbaud is Kermit the Frog. Sorry, even the bonny blond Halfullion cannot shake that mental image.
  • Birdland is, well, a bird. A small, chirping songbird. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
  • Sharon looks whimsical, like a dreamer, sometimes a little absent like Pettygast. Yet has deep eyes, venerable and wise. Wears long skirts, cowboy boots, and flowers in her flowing salt-and-pepper hair.

As for other people...hmm...like I said, I've looked at Alk's pic page far too many times to remember what I thought before I saw 'em. People who aren't on the page, I see as their avatars. I will say, however, that Littlemanpoet is a Midplit.
Old 04-28-2003, 04:07 PM   #352
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I see people as the avatars too! Kind of a little head floating in space typing threads! Crazy...

So Diamond.. you see me as a dancing yellow chicken?
Old 04-28-2003, 04:14 PM   #353
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dûm

Carlas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Carlas
Sting

*Carlas walks in*

Yah, I think that people look like their avatars, well not like that. But more of the feeling of the avatar! The VIBE!

*bows*
*walks out again*

[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2003, 04:17 PM   #354
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

Well, since I've seen a couple different pictures of the real you (so you say... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]) I picture that. Though, I must say, I can see you dancing like your chicken...
Old 04-28-2003, 04:27 PM   #355
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

anybody gonna take a stab at me? lol
Old 04-28-2003, 04:30 PM   #356
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hee hee, 'the real me' as opposed to 'the fake me' which is a yellow dancing chicken on a Tolkien forum!
Old 04-28-2003, 04:32 PM   #357
gilraën
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

gilraën has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
gilraen: Moderate height, about 5'4. Long brown hair and green eyes with a mysterious light in them.
If that's about me, the height's about right, but I have short blonde hair, and pale blue eyes. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2003, 05:09 PM   #358
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Quote:
Sophia the Thunder Mistress: upper teens or early twenties, not overly concerned with modern style and fashion, laziness manifests itself in the form of bad posture
Do I know you in real life Phantom?
Old 04-28-2003, 05:24 PM   #359
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Quote:
GaladrieloftheOlden is 14-ish, dresses casual, gets hyper. I picture her with long dk. brown hair, green eyes.
[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] STALKER! You are almost exact!

Sorry for my ignorance, but what id a dk.?

I am a young teenager, have medium-ish length brown hair, eyes which change shade a bit but are usually grey or green (sometimes blue), and am very tall for my age. I have glasses which I sometimes wear, and braces which I am afraid will drive me crazy in the near future. My clothes are... well, pretty normal. In school I wear jeans or long pants or something and a shirt that I like (descriptive, huh? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ), and out of school I'm sometimes more wacky, and almost always out of school I wear a backwards baseball cap which my parents intensely dislike. I am a bookworm in the extreme and am never seen without a book. I am Russian except born here and never been there (her being MA, USA, there being Russia [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) but you can't tell just by looking [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I am also damn lazy and spend almost all my free time curled up with a book or on the Downs. Not that I don't love sports and things, especially bashing someone's head in... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]: or playing Capture the Flag in the woods. Just the Downs are best, I 'll sacrifice anything for them... today I didn't eat lunch so that I could sneak into the computer lab and check out my RPG and generally how the Downs' life was going, even though I had been on for 10 minutes before school.

Okay, here are some of my mental images of Downers:

Sharku- my old gym teacher. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
kittiewhirl1677- well, that would be cheating, would it not? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Estelyn- Why, Princess Fiona, of course!
The Barrow Wight- the Squatter's avatar. Don't ask.
Meoshi- a large spider. That idea came from the Recaliming the City RPG, please don't take offense [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Okay, no more for right now.

~Menelien

[ April 28, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]
Old 04-28-2003, 05:26 PM   #360
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting

Quote:
Sorry for my ignorance, but what id a dk.?
I think its dark.

Quote:
elven maiden Earwen- short blond hair, early teens, I picture her with a cute nose, reads a lot.
Quote:
elven maiden Earwen: Very intelligent looking with long blonde hair and brown eyes.
nope not exactly, sorry. dark brown hair, brown eyes, tall, only 11(Everyone says I look about 15 though)Reading is more of my sisters thing(except I read almost all of Jrr Tolkien's books). Wow someone thinks I'm intelligiant! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Not sure about the nose.

[ May 10, 2003: Message edited by: elven maiden Earwen ]
Closed Thread