The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 05:33 PM   #361
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Yes, I'm older than I look too. Welcome to the club.
Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for my ignorance, but what id a dk.?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think its dark.
Oh. Then it means dark brown hair... Mine is sort of medium, more dark than light, but not too dark.

~Menelien
Old 04-28-2003, 05:52 PM   #362
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
I saw The Saucepan Man's picture, but before that I honestly pictured him covered in pans
But I am, my dear Thunder Mistress. Pans and kettles. You don't really think that picture is me, do you? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2003, 05:54 PM   #363
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Oh, so you are covered in pans?

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Sophia

[ April 28, 2003: Message edited by: Sophia the Thunder Mistress ]
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 04-28-2003, 06:19 PM   #364
LadyElbereth
Wight

LadyElbereth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Let's see, I'm horrible at this...

Arwen Evenstar the Fair - Young teen, with shoulder length light brown hair and brown eyes. About 5'4". More of an at home type than an athlete...?

Anyone want to try me? Anyone?
Old 04-28-2003, 07:02 PM   #365
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Do I know you in real life Phantom?
No, Sophia, but judging by your response, I'd say my description of you was close to the truth. What things did I get right?

Okay, LadyElbereth, I'll take a shot at you.

LadyElbereth: long brown hair, brown eyes, I'm having a tough time with your age but maybe mid-teens (definitely has a summer birthday, perhaps late June), obviously a southerner- but doesn't dress as such (perhaps you're a northern transplant?), silliness shows forth in an everpresent smile, a love for Star Wars causes you to be a bit nerdy in appearance at times (not a bad thing, I love SW too)
Old 04-28-2003, 07:55 PM   #366
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

All of it, Phantom, you were right on the money... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I'm 20-ish, freaking lazy (as is reflected in my posture) and could care less what's in style... although I do tend to comply with it in a manner, because that's whats available for the buying, but generally, my style's my own. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Congratulations on being wildly perceptive!

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 04-28-2003, 08:10 PM   #367
Firondoiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Firondoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Firondoiel: looks 14ish but with older eyes, fairly short, decently athletic, conservatively styled clothing, but usually with stand-out colors (eg bright red)
This actually isn't too bad. I'm almost 14 all though people tell me I look older (They usually think I'm either 16 or 17). That might mean I have older eyes. I'm not short. I'm almost 5'6. I suppose decently athletic is not too far off. I love to roller skate, shoot basketball on our patio, and hit baseballs when I can get someone to pitch to me. Yes I wear conservatively styled clothing and bright colors are usually my favorite to wear, bright red especially. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm going to try you phantom.

the phantom: Dark hair and blue eyes. Kind of short. Wears dark clothes.

I might be biased because of your avatar though. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
If that's about me, the height's about right, but I have short blonde hair, and pale blue eyes.
I got the height right!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
"Forth, and fear no darkness. Arise. Arise, Riders of Théoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered. A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!"
Old 04-28-2003, 08:11 PM   #368
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

Hm. I'm sure she's been done to death, but I imagine our fair lady Lush to be of above average but not giantess stature, with brownish blonde hair. Otherwise, she's a dwarf woman dancing with water lilies all over.

[ April 29, 2003: Message edited by: Iarwain ]
Old 04-28-2003, 08:13 PM   #369
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

A phantom who somehow knows everything about you... Be afraid, Sophia, be more than a little nervous.
Old 04-28-2003, 08:54 PM   #370
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Quote:
I'm sure she's been done to death
That I definitely have... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] But I can never have too many petit deaths.

Quote:
but I imagine our fair lady Lush to be of above average but not giantess stature, with brownish blonde hair.
That's...me

I imagine Iarwain to be interestingly attired. Something about yellow boots...? I've no clue what would cause me to think this way though. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ April 28, 2003: Message edited by: Lush ]
Old 04-28-2003, 09:58 PM   #371
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Quote:
Otherwise, she's a dwarf woman dancing with flower lilies all over.
Lush! I never knew you had a beard! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2003, 10:00 PM   #372
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Congratulations on being wildly perceptive!
Thanks, Sophia. Go me! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Quote:
A phantom who somehow knows everything about you... Be afraid, Sophia, be more than a little nervous.
Way to lighten the mood, diamond18! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

And Firondoiel, did I seriously get the clothing right? If I really did, then I then I think I'm psychic.

Quote:
the phantom: Dark hair and blue eyes. Kind of short. Wears dark clothes.
You got some things very right, but not everything. I'll give a couple more people a shot at me before I tell what I really look like.

And LadyElbereth, how close was I to describing you?
Old 04-29-2003, 03:43 AM   #373
Schmendrick
Wight

Schmendrick has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Wow. I'd be really interested in hearing what do people imagine that I look like (a wizard?)! 'Cause I think my nick might be quite misleading... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ April 29, 2003: Message edited by: Schmendrick ]
Old 04-29-2003, 07:03 AM   #374
LadyElbereth
Wight

Sting

Phantom, are you stalking me? I swear a shiver went up my spine when I read this.

Quote:
long brown hair, brown eyes
I do have long darkbrown hair and brown eyes!

Quote:
I'm having a tough time with your age but maybe mid-teens (definitely has a summer birthday, perhaps late June)
Dude, that is what's freaking me out. I am in my mid-teens and my birthday is June 21st.

Quote:
obviously a southerner- but doesn't dress as such (perhaps you're a northern transplant?)
How'd you know? I live in the South, my fashion is more northern because I was born in the North.

Quote:
silliness shows forth in an everpresent smile, a love for Star Wars causes you to be a bit nerdy in appearance at times (not a bad thing, I love SW too)
lol, correct! I love Star Wars! And yes, I'm silly [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] You are brilliant!
Old 04-29-2003, 11:08 AM   #375
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

To be honest, LadyElbereth, your avatar helped me with the brown hair and brown eyes. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Why don't you give me a try now?

Schmendrick: yes, the nick is misleading because you are, in fact, a girl, lower to mid twenties, have a sort of artsy look to match your artsy tastes, you're definitely European so factor that into the looks, surprisingly pretty for someone with such low self-esteem, looks fit enough to walk to Rivendell [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2003, 11:27 AM   #376
Schmendrick
Wight

Sting

Well, Phantom, nice to meet you!
INCREDIBLE! I'm starting to believe you really ARE psychic (or then, maybe, you just checked some things from the "All about you"-thread? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])!
Well...that was pretty much true! European, mid-twenties (EXACTLY that, actually) and as to the other things...*blushes*
p.s. although maybe more fit to Rohan than Rivendell! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2003, 11:37 AM   #377
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Ah, a thread reborn! The renaissance of 'What do you Think the Barrow-Downers look like?' Ah....

Quote:
Thanks for reviving it, Amanaduial the archer !
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Strange how much perceptions of people change...actually, the photos which Alk so kindly put together dont have much impact on what I think of people.

Mattius- Well, at first, you were unfortunately fixed in my mind as the mouse from the Redwall series who shares your name- its ok, hes a really cool character- but after that Ive had the same image of you for a while- Cloud from Final Fantasy (VII)- hey, twas your avatar. Its evolved a bit....spiky blonde hair, not really delibeately spiked, just cool, messy spikey, dark blue eyes, about...erm...5ft 6 (? patchy on that). Angular face, with quite high cheekbones, and an easy smile. Quite thin lips. I dont think you have freckles. Casual clothes; dark jeans, possible a Queens of the Stone Age T-shirt...

Mithadan- Early twenties, graduating from law school I think. Well cut suit, but you still have an incessant habit of fiddling with those cuffs. In fact, to say well cut would describe much of you. Clean shaven. Light blue, or dark brown eyes. Going with the brown, you also have brown, well cut hair.

Aylwen Dreamsong- Much as I have tried to fix a different picture in my head, and have tried to solidify you into another form, much as I know you bear little resemblance to this quite probably....I still picture you as Jerika. But about...16.

[ April 29, 2003: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]
Old 04-29-2003, 11:45 AM   #378
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Well, Phantom, nice to meet you!
Likewise.
Quote:
although maybe more fit to Rohan than Rivendell
Ah, yes, I forgot. You ride horses a lot, or used to anyway.

Why don't you try me now?

(by the way, I've also posted on a certain informative thread, perhaps that will help you as it helped me [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )
Old 04-29-2003, 12:06 PM   #379
Schmendrick
Wight

Sting

"Ah, yes, I forgot. You ride horses a lot, or used to anyway"

Yes, used to, but I also meant "lookswise" (is that a word?). Ok, my try [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]! You are:

not very tall, dark(ish) brown hair, good-looking (and knows it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]), dresses in a casual (but always thoroughly thought of) manner, a bit(?) of a flirt...a contradictory personality?

p.s. I LOVE the Search of the Holy Grail!
Old 04-29-2003, 01:05 PM   #380
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Looks like you've been doing some digging, Schmendrick. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
dark(ish) brown hair
Closer than Firondoiel's guess, but not quite right.

Firondoiel did get the eyes though. They are indeed blue (and I also have long, pretty eyelashes).
Quote:
Kind of short
Quote:
not very tall
Is it that obvious? Yes, I'm between 5'8" and 5'9".
Quote:
Wears dark clothes
Yes, I prefer dark clothes. The shirts and sweaters I wear most often are black, navy blue, or dark green.
Quote:
dresses in a casual (but always thoroughly thought of) manner
Yes. Spot on.
Quote:
a bit(?) of a flirt
Yes, I suppose so, but it's often accidental. I'm very nice and I enjoy flattering and poking fun at people at the same time, which is very often mistaken for out and out flirting.
Quote:
a contradictory personality
Now I'm the one who thinks he's being stalked. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] That is the best possible way of describing me. I'm at home with the jocks, at home with the nerds, at home with the slackers, and at home with pretty much everyone else too. I have a wide variety of interests, which leads to me wearing a Star Wars shirt one day, a basketball jersey the next day, and tight jeans and a leather jacket the following day. Excellent observation, Schmendrick! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Quote:
good-looking (and knows it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )
Depending, of course, on which personality takes over when I'm getting prettied up (or choosing not to) in the morning. As far as being flat out handsome, I'm sure you could find some who agree and some who don't, but I think I'd qualify for good-looking in most people's books because I have so many different looks that you're bound to like one of them. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2003, 01:20 PM   #381
LadyElbereth
Wight

Sting

Darn, I was going to post what I thought you looked like, phantom! Well, I'll go ahead and tell you my guess anyway.

Dark blond, blue eyes, somewhat short. Late teens, early twenties. Into sports yet sometimes you like to stay at home and relax with a good book.

[ April 29, 2003: Message edited by: LadyElbereth ]
Old 04-29-2003, 01:23 PM   #382
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] You were spot on on some things Aman but a bit rusty on others!

Quote:
spiky blonde hair, not really delibeately spiked, just cool, messy spikey, dark blue eyes
It started off great, this IS me! But then-

Quote:
about...erm...5ft 6
Our survey says UH ERR! I'm quite all, about 6 foot 3 to be precise!

Quote:
Angular face, with quite high cheekbones, and an easy smile. Quite thin lips. I dont think you have freckles. Casual clothes; dark jeans, possible a Queens of the Stone Age T-shirt...
Thats pretty darn close actually, except maybe the thin lips bit. I don't own a Queens of the Stone Age T-shirt but they are great. I do have some dark jeans but they are very baggy!

Excellent attempt!

EDIT: There are a few pictures of me up here just to prove to you I am not lying!- Mattius

[ April 29, 2003: Message edited by: Mattius ]
Old 04-29-2003, 01:47 PM   #383
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Well, Mattius, I had always imagined you as the dancing chicken... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] There goes that idea! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2003, 03:18 PM   #384
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Dark blond, blue eyes, somewhat short. Late teens, early twenties. Into sports yet sometimes you like to stay at home and relax with a good book.
Yay! Someone got the hair right! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I love being a blonde.

You did well with the rest of it too. I'm exactly 20 years old, I'm a sports fanatic, but I need some occasional quiet time with a book.
Quote:
Well, at first, you were unfortunately fixed in my mind as the mouse from the Redwall series
So, I see you've frequented the woods of Mossflower, archer. I've been doing that for almost ten years now.
Old 04-29-2003, 03:41 PM   #385
LadyElbereth
Wight

Sting

Whoo hoo! I'm glad I got it right! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Ok, now for what I thought the The Saucepan Man looked like:
Short with messy blond hair, freckles, big ears, missing his front teeth, and grinning sheepishly with a saucepan tipped lopsided on his head. Maybe with a few wooden spoons in his hands. Basically about a six-yearold kid having fun in a kitchen. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2003, 07:10 PM   #386
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
I imagine Iarwain to be interestingly attired. Something about yellow boots...? I've no clue what would cause me to think this way though.

Well, I haven't worn yellow boots since I was two or three. I have owned many blue jackets over the years, but as of now I dress pretty normally (by my standards, and -I think- others). When I find a tune I like, I do hum it as I walk though [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] )
Old 04-29-2003, 09:57 PM   #387
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressië Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressië Ailin
Question

Don't think I'dd bee too good at this... Anyone want to guess what I look like?
Old 04-30-2003, 10:32 AM   #388
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
Sting

Hmm...Mid-teens (15 or 16); dark blonde hair a little long (middle of your back); eyes sometimes green, sometimes brown, sometimes grey; about 5'4"; and most importantly, the Proudest Member of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of (2010? 2011?)!

How's that? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2003, 10:37 AM   #389
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Quote:
Thats pretty darn close actually, except maybe the thin lips bit
Yeah, not altogether sure what possessed me to write that. God, where did that come from...

Baggy jeans....not how I would have imagined you, but actually, from the pics, that would work. 100% better than the chicken at any rate...

A little snap-happy, Matt?

Quote:
So, I see you've frequented the woods of Mossflower, archer
Absolutely! Man, I loved that series...hey, Mattius isnt a bad guy to be compared to...
Old 04-30-2003, 10:46 AM   #390
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Lol! Is that where your name came from, Mattius?

~Menelien
Old 04-30-2003, 11:41 AM   #391
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Well thats it. Mattius of the Barrowdowns, I hereby dub thee Matt The Mouse. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2003, 12:07 PM   #392
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

oh my... how come in my copies of the Redwall books his name is spelled Matthias? Weird.
Old 04-30-2003, 12:34 PM   #393
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
how come in my copies of the Redwall books his name is spelled Matthias
Another Redwall reader, huh? That's something else I'll have to add to my list of psychic information about you, Sophia. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Yeah, Matthias is his name, but I just didn't say anything. I figured maybe archer was from a different country or something and the name was spelled different there (or something like that). Or maybe archer is combining the name Matthias and the name of his son, Mattimeo.
Old 04-30-2003, 12:37 PM   #394
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

I think that maybe Archer, like me, read the book a while ago and has remembered the name, but not the spelling [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~Menelien
Old 04-30-2003, 12:38 PM   #395
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I actually at first thought that Mattius name came from the Redwall series, but I asked him and it does not.
Though that book series does rock!
Old 04-30-2003, 12:53 PM   #396
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Oh my, Phantom, don't you think you're taking this psychic stalker thing a bit far [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]. Nobody's going to come to your midwest meeting if you scare us all to death now [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img].

And yes, I read Redwall religiously for years, until it started becoming very very repetitive. Favorite will be Martin the Warrior or perhaps Mattimeo.

Sophia
Old 04-30-2003, 12:53 PM   #397
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Quote:
I think that maybe Archer, like me, read the book a while ago and has remembered the name, but not the spelling
Thank you!

Wow, its like a redwall convention...
Old 04-30-2003, 01:17 PM   #398
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Lol, but where did we move from complimeting people to Redwall? [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~Menelien
Old 04-30-2003, 02:58 PM   #399
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Hey, it all works...hey, it was kinda compliment...
Old 04-30-2003, 03:04 PM   #400
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Matt the Mouse eh? Pretty darn catchy I'm sure you'll agree! I have never actually read any of the Redwall series so my name doesn't come from there. I just kind of wanted a name like Matt but a bit more medevil-esque. With that failing I decided on Mattius [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]