The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #161
Echo
Pile O'Bones

Echo has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

all this talk of reasoning...makes my head hurt (quite litterally) i voted kath under mild suspicions ...and due to other people talking about her,...makes no sense to vote for someone if your going to be the only one....(like voting for the third presidential party),.....and its not easy voting when your in the back of a moving car thinking the DL is in minutes,..so i hope very dearly that is enough reasoning.

i will try to muster up a better reasoning of why i suspect Holby,...right now the best way to put it is a very strong gut feeling.....
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:52 PM   #162
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
What point exactly? The Inzil one? If so explained above, if not please elaborate.
Quote:
OH! Oh I have just noticed that I am completely wrong! It was not Inzil that had that sentence about the traitors at all, it was Cop! Sorry Boro - no wonder you were confused.
Yes, it was the point about Inzil which looked odd there. So your explanation for it is a combination of thinking that it was overdone for Inzil to mention invisibility in two posts as he did, and a mistaken belief that he said a line he didn't. Although in the actual post where you detailed your suspicion, the attributions were clear and quoted in your own post right in front of your speculation, so I think it would be difficult to have been mistaken about the latter.

I find it strange that Inzil reminding people about their invisibility would be taken first and foremost as a likely hint from a Sorcerer-Inzil to members of his pack. The same goes if it's true that Kath was mistaken about attributions and what bothered her was my banter on the topic. If saying anything about invisibility is really that suspicious, I have to wonder why Kath doesn't find my specific reminder toDay to Nerwen about her invisibility to look really bad. (Could Nerwen and Kath be part of a pack?)

Quote:
But, in which case, my paranoia about somebody (and I am now thinking it likely to be Cop) picking up on Boro's all but throw-away remark has grown.
That's interesting, because I don't think a remark that is part of someone's rationale for his vote and one of the two points he thought was most suspicious is what I'd call "all but throw-away". You do seem to be distancing yourself from your remark at #54. Blimey if I can tell whether it's sorcerous distance.

Let's see, before I get back to my analysis I think there were a few more things that people were asking me.

Quote:
Then her first post today:
#106 A pity about Legate. I can see how that happened now and I really should have known better.
I would very much like an explanation of this sentence.
Legate looked okay to me aside from the one point that looked really bad, which meant that there was a risk of him being a confused innocent who had just failed to explain himself. In retrospect it would have been better to give him the benefit of the doubt for the Day. All the same, I don't regret placing that vote, because Legate was still the person I suspected the most at the end of that Day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
I'm pretty sure you're right about what she meant. Interestingly though, what you do not mention is that Lommy, too, switched quickly to stronger suspicion after your #75.
And I find it interesting that you think that that point about Lommy was something I should have mentioned when explaining what I think Holby meant when she was saying it looked as if you and Legate were bandwagon jumping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Given that Cop herself was in the running for the lynch, it's hard to suspect her for trying to push Legate ahead of her. However, I am a bit curious as to why Cop didn't simply take the "self-preservation" out.
I considered voting for self-preservation. However, before I voted, the only person I was tied with was Kath. Although I thought that Boro had a point, it wasn't enough for me to vote for her. Also, Boro had posted very little, which left me unable to make any sort of conclusion about his guilt or innocence. My suspicion of Legate was much stronger.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #163
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Dun:
Here is an interesting sentence: And all must remember to use them in this case. Let us hope all come to their senses.

This in response to Cop saying: I am sure we have various spells and potions available to turn us invisible. Of course, we must bear in mind that the traitors in our midst have these means available to them as well...

So is Inzil hinting to his fellows that someone needs to get out of bed? Could perhaps be that there is a player he fears may not be around when they should be!

I guess he may also look to suspect anyone who votes for Legate, Lommy or myself as he wondered whether the 'rule of three' debate would lead to votes based around that. They wouldn't exactly be using the rule as a reason but it would have led through.
Okey pokes, here is the post which caused me such issues. I have bolded the sentence that threw me when I was thinking about the implications. I read it back to myself as 'Inzil said this in response to Cop' rather than 'he said the above after Cop posted this'.

And in looking back I noticed something else. Holby still has not explained her list, despite requests and even a bizarre interpretation by Echo. I am getting a little fed up of having two players who seem totally uninclined to actually respond to anyone else.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #164
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh and unless anyone comes out to refute it I am willing to accept McCaber's claim of being lover. Assuming this means he is now on the side of the village entirely then please McCaber vote toDay so we have no modfire of an innocent!
Old 08-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #165
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
all this talk of reasoning...makes my head hurt (quite litterally) i voted kath under mild suspicions ...and due to other people talking about her,...makes no sense to vote for someone if your going to be the only one....(like voting for the third presidential party),.....and its not easy voting when your in the back of a moving car thinking the DL is in minutes,..so i hope very dearly that is enough reasoning.

i will try to muster up a better reasoning of why i suspect Holby,...right now the best way to put it is a very strong gut feeling.....
Sure and that's fine. But other people had been talked about at that point as well. So why were you quite so determined about me? Legate was being talked about in particular - you didn't even mention him. Greenie had a couple of mentions etc.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #166
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
...Urr. My bad. I completely forgot that I'd typed that in my post as I read down the page.
So you were writing a post overNight? I always consider that a little suspicious, although I know by now that innocents do it too.

Now I get to do the quoting and awwing thing:
Quote:
But your voice is lovely, my dear. I thought that was implicit in the fact that it's you.
Aww thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror
Nothing to say here, but at least he's finally arrived. And - I see he's claiming to be the remaining innocent lover. My initial assumption is that he's probably telling the truth. If he isn't, the remaining one will know he's guilty and could and would come straight forwards so we can decide which one to lynch.
Don't forget the option that the lovers are some other people entirely, in which case it would actually be a rather clever wolf ploy to claim to be the lover of the innocent Day1 lynch (or Night2 kill for that matter).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror
But if Echo is in fact a newbie sorcerer, they went all of the first Day of their first game without having spoken to the other sorcerers beforehand, and so their behaviour might change after the first Night. I don't think there's been a major change in the sort of way they've been talking. This doesn't mean I trust Echo, but I'm willing to give them a chance for another Day.
You people are thinking in weird ways, this scenario for example would never have occurred to me. Which - justified or no - makes me think this is actually what happened last Night between the wolves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo
all this talk of reasoning...makes my head hurt (quite litterally) i voted kath under mild suspicions
Getting more and more baffled about Echo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
And in looking back I noticed something else. Holby still has not explained her list, despite requests and even a bizarre interpretation by Echo. I am getting a little fed up of having two players who seem totally uninclined to actually respond to anyone else.
To be fair, Echo did answer me when I asked them about their reasons for suspecting Holby and now they explained their vote yesterDay as has been requested several times.

Anyway, I'm currently entertaining thoughts of a Coppermirror-Echo-Nerwen pack, but it makes little sense as Coppermirror would hardly have told a packmate on the thread to go invisible as she could have very well said it during the Night phase. But Coppermirror and Echo could be packmates based on what Cop speculated about packmates giving advice to Echo last Night. So I don't really know.

edit: xed with Kath's last
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #167
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
So you*aren't*going to attempt to fry the lone fish in your fourth (and most suspicious) category? You're not really helping me think you innocent,Greenie.
I have formed some kind of an opinion on Cop - or, at least, I have a pretty shrewd idea of what she's said and done. I can't claim the same of many others. I was talking about how I'll try to use my time, not who I'll attempt to fry. I may fry her still toDay, but concentrating on one person only has rarely ended well in my experience so I'll try to look at other people too. Does that make sense to you?

That said, I'm off to try to be a man of my word and do some rereading. Back soon!

EDIT: x-ed with Kath and Lommy
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #168
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Oh, and I forgot to say that I believe McCaber; if he's a wolf he's insane.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 08-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #169
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
So you were writing a post overNight? I always consider that a little suspicious, although I know by now that innocents do it too.
Actually writing a post overNight wouldn't explain that since Legate was a lynch and not a Night kill.

Quote:
Don't forget the option that the lovers are some other people entirely, in which case it would actually be a rather clever wolf ploy to claim to be the lover of the innocent Day1 lynch (or Night2 kill for that matter).
What? I'm confused about lover rules in general, but I don't get this point. If the lovers are some different people entirely, then surely even if they haven't found each other yet they'll be able to do the math and realize that both McCaber and Legate can't be lovers if they are, too, so they'd know McCaber was lying. Which would make it a pretty risky lie to tell, I think.

Quote:
Anyway, I'm currently entertaining thoughts of a*Coppermirror-Echo-Nerwen*pack, but it makes little sense as Coppermirror would hardly have told a packmate on the thread to go invisible as she could have very well said it during the Night phase. But*Coppermirror*and*Echo*could be packmates based on what*Cop*speculated about packmates giving advice to*Echo*last Night. So I don't really know.
That doesn't really work, because the theory of packmates giving advice to Echo last Night was based on there having been no Night phase in the beginning of the game, and if there was no Night phase, Copper actually couldn't have said anything to packmates before the game began. So that means that this obstacle to your theory actually doesn't exist! So yes, theoretically Cop and Echo could be packmates.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #170
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Doing a little bran exercise

Likely packmates
- Copper and Echo (what I said about Cop speculating about Nightly talk)
- Copper/Holby/Eönwë and Kath (any of the three could've been trying to save Kath yesterDay)
- Lottie and Echo/Holby (she's giving them free passes a tad too happily)

Unlikely packmates
- Echo and Kath (the witch-hunt and the latter's frustration with the former - I feel that is Kath was Echo's packmate, she'd rather try to encourage/tutor them than just straightaway give up on them)
- Boro/Lottie and Kath (both clearly put her in the risk of being lynched yesterDay)
- Copper and Nerwen (the invisibility thing would make no sense)
- Echo and Holby (or then I'm not giving Echo enough credit, but their jump on Holby toDay is quite aggressive to be wolf-on-wolf)

edit: xd with Greenie's last
Old 08-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #171
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Oh and unless anyone comes out to refute it I am willing to accept McCaber's claim of being lover. Assuming this means he is now on the side of the village entirely then please McCaber vote toDay so we have no modfire of an innocent!
But, if one of the Lovers is killed before they find each other, they remain an innocent ordo in things like narration and to the seer. Do we really gain something by voting for him now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
You people are thinking in weird ways, this scenario for example would never have occurred to me.
If you're innocent and you weren't thinking about that scenario and associated points, you're worrying me, Lommy. If you're a sorcerer, then that was a canny comment to make, to cast suspicion on people who are trying to work out what the sorcerers' plans are likely to be.

I may make a post towards the end of toDay explaining a bit more about what I think you're overlooking, if I don't have to leave earlier than that, because there are some things you really ought to have in mind toDay.

Edit: crossed with Lommy since #166.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #172
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
What? I'm confused about lover rules in general, but I don't get this point. If the lovers are some different people entirely, then surely even if they haven't found each other yet they'll be able to do the math and realize that both McCaber and Legate can't be lovers if they are, too, so they'd know McCaber was lying. Which would make it a pretty risky lie to tell, I think.
True, but I doubt the lovers would want to reveal themselves by pointing fingers at McCaber. But I still agree it's much more likely McC is telling the truth, also based on meta reasoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
That doesn't really work, because the theory of packmates giving advice to Echo last Night was based on there having been no Night phase in the beginning of the game, and if there was no Night phase, Copper actually couldn't have said anything to packmates before the game began. So that means that this obstacle to your theory actually doesn't exist! So yes, theoretically Cop and Echo could be packmates.
What? No! Cop's point was that Echo's more "reasoned" behaviour toDay could be because of packmate briefing last Night and that the briefing couldn't have taken place before Day1 because the game started with a Day phase. My point then was that Cop sounds almost like she's telling what actually happened last Night in the wolf PM discussion ergo she and Echo are wolves.

edit: xed with Copper
Old 08-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #173
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
If you're innocent and you weren't thinking about that scenario and associated points, you're worrying me, Lommy.
What?! Why?
Old 08-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #174
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Actually writing a post overNight wouldn't explain that since Legate was a lynch and not a Night kill.
True... so he started writing it yesterDay before DL but didn' post it??? Confusion.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #175
Echo
Pile O'Bones

White Tree

Quote:
Sure and that's fine. But other people had been talked about at that point as well. So why were you quite so determined about me? Legate was being talked about in particular - you didn't even mention him. Greenie had a couple of mentions etc.
because i didnt care about legate and i still dont he didnt make me suspect him much.......as for greenie,.....well ill save my fingerpionting for later,..
of course you probebly want an explenation for that last sentence,...ill get back to you on that.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #176
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
True... so he started writing it yesterDay before DL but didn' post it??? Confusion.
No no. I wrote that post toDay and posted it when it was done - I just asked that question of Legate early on and forgot to go back and change it.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #177
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
What?! Why?
No need to panic, I'll explain before the end of the Day if I have time, even if I get lynched. There are reasons why it should be then. If I don't have time and I get killed, it's my devout hope that somebody else will be able to explain the point instead the next Day, since I think it's a point that people should at least be aware of.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #178
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
No need to panic, I'll explain before the end of the Day if I have time, even if I get lynched. There are reasons why it should be then. If I don't have time and I get killed, it's my devout hope that somebody else will be able to explain the point instead the next Day, since I think it's a point that people should at least be aware of.
Now this is very mysterious, and I hate to say more in an innocent than in a guilty way. And I was almost convinced I was going to vote Cop toDay! Will have to think.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #179
Echo
Pile O'Bones

Quote:
Likely packmates
- Copper and Echo (what I said about Cop speculating about Nightly talk)
hmmm interesting,..but sorry doll.
and the part about me and holby,...that was cute,..i laughed
Old 08-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #180
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

LOTTIE
(Not including Serverman banter or other irrelevant stuff)

The first actual impressions on people, early on Day 1, are that she feels "pretty good" about Cop, is shaky on me but leaning innocent, and thinks my Rule of Three squabble with Legate looks innocent-on-innocent. Lommy strikes her as "a little less innocent, but nothing that shoves her into 'terrifying sorcerer' territory just yet". Has no read on Zil, Kath or Nerwen.

Then, speaking about Kath accusing her of refusing to make a statement:
Quote:
Seriously, though, this post just made me rather uneasy about her. A lot of the reasoning seems forced, almost like she's trying to suspect people even though she knows they can't be sorcerers. It could just be Day-1 lack of proper suspicions and trying to get traction, but it doesn't sit well with me.
Finds Cop's reaction to the whole "my tone looked off to me too" -discussion "wonderfully innocent" and is fairly certain Cop is innocent. Is also "leaning innocentish" on Legate, though with some reservations.

Then moving on to her famous vote post:
Quote:
So we have a triple tie between*Cop,*Kath, and*Legate, with no clarifying rules on tie-breakers? Well then.

++Kath*

I find her far more suspicious than either*Cop*or*Legate.
I get Boro's (and was it Shasta's?) point about this looking as if she was relieved about the choice being limited. However, in light of what she said prior to this, the vote makes perfect sense. Kath was the only one she suspected anyway, whereas Cop and Legate were ones she had specifically mentioned looked innocentish to her.

Moving on to toDay, she suggests that a quote from Inzil might have been taken for a Seer hint or else that he was a no-trace kill. I don't really buy the Seer hint theory but it doesn't really tell me much about her innocence or guilt.

She thinks Echo comes off as a nervous newbie (though "frustratingly and purposefully vague") and is willing to extend his newbie pass. Holby alarms her, but she "gets the impression that's just her style". These reactions look to be following the same trend of being noncommittal and diplomatic that Kath accused her of yesterDay.

She then argues slightly with Kath and revises her opinion of Holby, saying she isn't sure anymore. She ends the post with
Quote:
YesterDay,*Kath*was my strongest suspicion, and I suppose she still is, but only by default. I'm mostly on the fence with her, leaning just a bit towards eeeeevil, but I'll probably spend more time looking over her posts later on to maybe see if I can work out where that feeling is coming from and whether or not it's justified.
Which is pretty much what I was thinking, too: where is this Kath suspicion coming from? Apart from the one post on Day 1, she doesn't really give reasons for her consistent suspicion of Kath. I hope she returns to elaborate!

And in her latest post to date, she comments on McCaber coming out:
Quote:
I...don't think this is a move a sorcerer would make, especially not on Day 2 - it seems too risky. Can we be confident enough in that to write him off as a known innocent?
Which is more careful than most others, but seems sensible for both innocent and wolf.

Conclusions? On the whole, I think Lottie looks pretty innocent. She is at times over-diplomatic and her Kath-suspicion is a bit odd, but her general behaviour especially yesterDay seems logical and sensible. She's down to the Relatively Small Fish -category with Steve, I'd say.

EDIT: x-ed since Lommy's 172
Old 08-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #181
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Well I am going to have a look at everyone now and then probably vote.

Nerwen:
Well my suspicion yesterDay really was fairly tenuous as I said. ToDay I think she did a fair analysis of Inzil and while I do not think it would be so easy to decide he might be the Seer the things she found were fair indicators if you were looking extremely hard. She has suspicions of Lottie and Cop - largely centred around the way they responded to Inzil's death. Has ended up voting Cop with rather tallies with the way her suspicions have developed. I see nothing concerning in her posting toDay.

Cop:
Well now. I quite like that she's arguing back. I do like a good debate.

A pity about Legate. I can see how that happened now and I really should have known better.
I requested clarification.
Legate looked okay to me aside from the one point that looked really bad, which meant that there was a risk of him being a confused innocent who had just failed to explain himself. In retrospect it would have been better to give him the benefit of the doubt for the Day. All the same, I don't regret placing that vote, because Legate was still the person I suspected the most at the end of that Day.
It really is generally pretty suspicious to be a large part of someone's death and then basically say 'oops shouldn't have done that'. If you suspected him most at the end of the Day then you could not have known better at the time. It's just weird.

Then of course there is my mistaken attribution of that post. Now that I have rediscovered that it was Cop then obviously my suspicion surrounding this comment moves to her.

To respond to Cop's question about why I found her previous comment about invisibility suspicious but am happy to ignore her direct comment to Nerwen, it is because her previous comment appeared to be directed towards the wolves. Saying directly to Nerwen that she is visible is a very different kettle of fish (to steal a metaphor from Greenie).

I call Boro's statement all but throw-away because it was put in rather at the last minute. Oh, that one thing she said in that one post is also weird but I'll come back to it with more time. He's hardly spent hours over it.

Lottie:
So Lottie said that Greenie and Legate would not be a wolf on wolf argument but rather an innocent on innocent one. If we have a wolf pack that includes Lottie this would suggest to me that Greenie is a packmate.

Her 'Seer hint' about Inzil is weakly reasoned. I feel she could have done better if she was really looking for hints. Nerwen found a few better examples. So perhaps a wolf who knew this was not the reason they had killed him.

Greenie:
I already said I don't think Legate did flip flop within his post but that obviously is in the back of my mind about Greenie.

Also she just feels to be slipping past without me noticing her. Everything I read gives me this feeling of vague suspicion. I don't really have time to look into it now but I will come back to it toMorrow.

Lommy:
Feels innocent to me toDay.

Shasta:
Currently I feel is innocent, largely due to his forgetfulness around Legate!

McCaber:
Counting him as a known innocent now.

Boro:
Given that he has gone for the Day I am willing to give him a pass for now. I would like more time to converse with him. Plus his big post had some good reasoning in it that made him sound much more like the usual thoughtful Boro.

Echo:
Has begun to at least respond to what he has asked. If he does later come back and give an explanation for that comment about Greenie then I will be much happier about him. If not, well.

Holby:
I am very unhappy about. If a complete newbie is now posting more sense than someone who has been around for a few years? It is very worrying.

Eonwe:
Am still fairly happy with him for breaking the tie yesterDay.

My current feeling is some kind of Lottie/Copper/Greenie wolf pack. Not sure about the Greenie part because she is flying under my radar and I will want to take a much closer look at her toMorrow.

I am going to post then vote.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #182
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holbytlass View Post
is this a subtle protection from those in league?
It's hardly very subtle. Whatever her intentions, she wants us to remember it.

Quote:
THIS is the sentence that had me thinking, I had just wrongly attributed it to Inzil. So it is Cop perhaps who needed to remind a fellow wolf to turn invisible. I do think it more than simple banter, only because Inzil had entirely explicitly stated this already.
This actually seems to be a general theme with Cop. Most of her early early banter was very weird and far too real to be able to be passed off as real banter when it should have been, and not serious enough when broaching important topics. It still doesn't sit right with me.

edit: x-ed with Kath.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #183
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
My current feeling is some kind of Lottie/Copper/Greenie wolf pack.
I don't know whether this post should make me feel more confident or wary, because this is exactly the pack I'm thinking of.

edit: though Cop's most recent post is making me doubt it a little.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #184
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Man, it seems being out for the first Day and a half really did a number on my investigation skills. Holby is looking suspicious, Lommie's looking innocent, and I'm looking out of time to make a choice.

I'll probably vote Holby unless something happens in the next half an hour. But knowing how ends of days work, something probably will.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #185
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

++COPPERMIRROR

Based on all previous suspicions mentioned.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #186
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop
Most mysterious, like Lommy said. Now trying to decide if it's in an innocent way or if it's a bluff.

EDIT: x-ed with McCaber and Kath
Old 08-25-2013, 03:31 PM   #187
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Time is getting on and if I'm not careful or anything extra comes up in real life we'll be at deadline before I've finished my analysis for the Day, so I'm going to go ahead and post a quick list now.

Probably an innocent:
McCaber. If he's not, then the real Lover could easily come forward and will probably do so toMorrow at the latest. If Legate was the real other Lover, then a wolf doing a fake reveal would have to be relying on either the real Lover already having left for the Day (for example, Nerwen or Boro) and the sorcerers killing them in the Night, or for it to be Inzil. That's got to be the maximum risk scenario for the sorcerers, and it makes sense for the Lover to come forward ASAP.

Feeling okay about
Shasta - I'm finding his posts and logic easy to follow, and have yet to notice anything suspicious about him. This doesn't mean he's innocent, of course.

Unknown and very confusing:
Holby - I don't have nearly enough information about her, although her later posts are clearer than the first ones.
Echo - Ditto.

Neutral
Boro - Seems fairly well reasoned, and hasn't said anything suspicious of note, but my goodness he could seriously be going under people's radar.
Lottie - Likewise could be going under the radar, except that some people have pointed out that they think she seems like an observer. This could be true. Both Lottie and Boro are pursuing what I think is sensible wolf behaviour and should definitely not be written off as suspects.

Concerning
Lommy - Would have been on the "suspicious of" list, but if she was a sorcerer, I don't think she would have lessened her suspicion of me in her post at #178. Rather, I think she would have taken the opportunity to become more suspicious. But there are still things I'm worried about, and she could just be a very clever sorcerer.

Suspicious of
Kath - I don't like the way she dismissed Boro's vote as throwaway.
Nerwen - didn't vote on Day 1 and didn't make a lot of firm suspicions. I've still got an uneasy feeling about her.
Greenie - Seemed to bring up Lommy earlier on in an irrelevant way. It's unlikely that both of them would be wolves.

I can't help but note that most of the people I'm most suspicious of have been pretty loud. I don't like this. This is one of the natural problems with Werewolf, because it's entirely possible to set a bunch of noisy innocents together to tear themselves to bits while the real wolves are quiet in the background.

Really really really worried about:
Eonwe - he didn't post much yesterDay, and, probably due to time constraints, didn't complete his analysis to the point where it was up to date. There's too little info about him. If he's a sorcerer he really hasn't left much of a trace at all, and that is dreadfully dangerous. But there's nothing to support a vote or draw firm suspicions from.

Edit: cross-posted since Lommy at #178.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #188
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Which is pretty much what I was thinking, too: where is this Kath suspicion coming from? Apart from the one post on Day 1, she doesn't really give reasons for her consistent suspicion of Kath. I hope she returns to elaborate!
Mainly gut-feeling - a couple of her posts have nudged me the wrong way. I mentioned Day 1 that some of her reasoning felt forced. Nothing concrete, but enough to keep me wary.

List time:

Likely Innocent
McCobbler
Nerwen
Greenie

More Innocent Than Not
Cop
Echo
Boro

No Read
Steve
Lommy
Shasta
Holbytlass

Could Be Evil, Maybe
Kath

I might vote for Kath, but not if it'll be a throw-away. Otherwise, I'd prefer my no-reads over the ones I feel better about.

Last edited by Loslote; 08-25-2013 at 03:34 PM. Reason: xed with cop
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #189
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

++NERWEN

Like I've said earlier toDay, there are little things in her behaviour that bother me and unfortunately that's the best I've got as I've started wavering on Cop, I don't feel like I can trust Boro on Lottie and Echo and Holby are still quite enigmatic.

edit. xed with Loss Nech
Old 08-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #190
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
You people are thinking in weird ways, this scenario for example would never have occurred to me. Which - justified or no - makes me think this is actually what happened last Night between the wolves.
Or could be the case for Cop herself. She was acting a lot more suspicious yesterDay, and toDay seems quite different. She could have been re-evaluating her style on her own, but it's also very possible that some of it is the product of a Night-discussion. And if I'm going to run with the Greenie-Cop pack (I know I said Lottie as the third, but that's more because she seems suspicious in her own right and I haven't had time to analyse her with regard to the other two), there are definitely a few times when I've got the feeling that Greenie is gently brushing something Cop says or does aside than contesting it.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #191
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

There is a possibility I'm doing something incredibly stupid here, but I don't really have other suspects, except that something probably needs to be done about Holby or Echo or both at some point if they keep confusing everyone at this rate! But I won't vote for anyone on Day 2 solely for being confusing. Anyway, have to get going now, so

++ Copper

EDIT: x-ed with Lottie, Lommy and Eonwe
Old 08-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #192
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it the vote count is:

Boro -> Lottie
Nerwen -> Coppermirror
Kath -> Coppermirror (2)

And with Steve, Greenie, Lommy and Eonwe various different degrees of really suspicious of me. I would really hate to be lynched by six people in a row because of how easy it would be for sorcerers to hide in that.

Edit: crossed since my last.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #193
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Oops, Steve and Eonwe are not different people. Scratch that.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #194
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Seem pretty good
Shasta
Kath
Lommy
McCaber (for now)

Don't particularly suspect
Boro

Something dark may lie beneath
Nerwen
Lottie

Suspicious
Cop
Greenie

What!?
Echo
Holby
Old 08-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #195
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
So... when are you planning on doing this?
Old 08-25-2013, 03:47 PM   #196
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eonwe, if you've decided on a vote, if it's me I want you to tell me it in advance before you send it.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #197
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Eonwe, if you've decided on a vote, if it's me I want you to tell me it in advance before you send it.
Now this is serious.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #198
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
So... when are you planning on doing this?
Now would be okay.

My point that Lommy didn't seem to have realised is one of the biggest advantages the village has in this game, IMO, which is that it started with a Day phase. This means that although the sorcerers probably knew who the others were, they had no time to talk to each other and make plans. After Night #1, they are likely to have made contact and plans. They have a potential weakness in the switch between those times. This is something that innocents should be watching out for.

That's it, it wasn't a big thing, but it was something Lommy missed. I think it may have been covered by someone else in the meantime.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #199
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Deadline is in ten minutes. Try not to kill any- wait.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #200
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Okay. Well. At the moment, Nerwen and I both have one vote, while Cop has three. I'm going to

++Holby

Because I find her somewhat suspicious where I definitely don't find either Cop or Nerwen suspicious, and I want to put up another candidate who has a chance against Cop. I'm off to a nice dinner with the boy. Have a good Night, everyone.

Last edited by Loslote; 08-25-2013 at 03:51 PM. Reason: xed with a few
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote