The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2009, 08:24 AM   #281
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
Speaking of "tell"s, Sally, are you a wolf?

(Feel free to answer that question or not, my dear)
My dear little duckling, I am not in fact a wolf. Are you? (Not that your answer would tell us anything, but still. It's polite to keep the conversation going, avoid awkward silences and all that.)

satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:26 AM   #282
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
...but but but...

I love awkward silences! Especially when the awkwardness is broken by a loud and beautiful explosion!

Anyway, thank you, my dear, and no, I am not a wolf.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:43 AM   #283
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
*loud and beautiful explosion*

On a more serious note.... ah, who am I kidding. This post was all about the explosion.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:45 AM   #284
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
KERSPLODY

Quote:
Mnem: I wasn't going to do this...

But this is going to eat at my head if I don't say it.

Reasons Mnemo does not trust players who remind her of her

I am more interested in having fun in a Werewolf game than living or dying.

I am more interested in having fun in a Werewolf game than winning or losing.

I enjoy having fun through banter, compulsively stalking the thread, and sometimes posting for the sake of posting.

I enjoy playing like this.

However, because I still want to win, I would rather not have too many players with these priorities on my side.

Therefore, I do not trust players like this in general.

I know myself. It's easier to project myself and my weaknesses as a player onto other people.

And the fact that the "having fun" bit comes so strongly so early in the game means that if people remind me of me during those first few posts, it's going to be a lasting first impression. So if I think, even on a subconscious level, that some of the players are going to have similar priorities to mine, I'm going to think that they might play like me and so wonder how sound their judgment is on individual players.

Which is really strike 2, as strike 1 for giddy players is that there's another perfectly reasonable explanation: "I'm excited because I'm a WULF this time!" (This also plays itself out when people say things like, "I think X!wolf would be spending more time on the thread than innocent!X)

Anyway, there you have it. I'm posting this because earlier some people (okay, two, but I was pretty high up on the lists yesterDay) found the conclusions I drew from these arguments (without presenting the arguments, which was somewhat dumb) suspicious. All fine and well. Just make sure you're suspecting me for the right reasons.

I'm not going to say anything more on this topic.
Should I consider You suspicious as this is hoow you're acting and you admit it's suspicious?

and to bring up once again the odd vote from yesterday:
Quote:
Quote:
Mnem: (Bolding mine)Okay, so the suspicionometers of everyone else on the thread were a lot less definitive than I thought...

And the vibes aren't giving me any more direction...

Which means it's coinflip time...

++Inziladun
Oh and This bit today:

Quote:
Quote:
Mnem: YesterDay I had to vote early off no more information than gut feelings, and now that I've had the space of a day to think about it I'd like to actually analyze what I think is setting those feelings off. Feelings, after all, can be really misleading--especially mine (I can think of several other players who've managed to make inspired votes by intuition!).
but then again...

Quote:
Mnem: Anyway, thank you, my dear, and no, I am not a wolf.
That's a persuasive argument...

Oh and once again

KERSPLODY!
Old 12-02-2009, 08:45 AM   #285
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
*loud and beautiful explosion*

On a more serious note.... ah, who am I kidding. This post was all about the explosion.
*giggles, for she wanted to do the same thing but is busy analyzing*

Shasta, are you a wolf?

*wonders if she can get everyone to sit in a circle and denounce their wolfdom as we eat toasted marshmallows and sing folk songs*

EDIT: x'd with Morsul. Are you a wolf?
Old 12-02-2009, 08:50 AM   #286
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Answering the question will further no causes... Everyone will say no even wolves...

Rumble(Aftershock)
Old 12-02-2009, 08:52 AM   #287
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Answering the question will further no causes... Everyone will say no even wolves...

Rumble(Aftershock)
Hence why it's fun. Why does everyone ruin my fun?

*goes back to work*
Old 12-02-2009, 08:58 AM   #288
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Brinn, yes, it was a bit of a stretch. However, it fit very nicely with the feelings I was having about your Nerwen-vote, so I added it anyway.
Well of course you would add it and I wouldn't expect anything less; after all, twisting words into 'slips' is something wolves enjoy doing.

Btw, I'm not exactly sure why my Nerwen vote looks bad. It's not the strongest reasoning, I admit, but I still think it was a valid one. And it's certainly better than no reason at all.

Once again, I really don't have the time I need to get a better grasp on players. I'll try to hold off my vote for now, though it will have to be sometime in the next four hours. Anyway, right now the closest thing I have to a vote is Loslote for her unreasoned vote. She even admitted she didn't have a reason to suspect Lommy. Summarising a post of her's does not make it look better if there's no actual opinion shared or conclusions made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan
(And sometime I'll have to tell you about when I joined and a certain Miss Kath wanted to call me Stan)
I think you should've gone by that name. It so much more fun to say, not to mention it's easier to rhyme (like Steve).
Old 12-02-2009, 09:00 AM   #289
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

*eats Brinn with the rest of her breakfast*
Old 12-02-2009, 09:01 AM   #290
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Also....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
I think you should've gone by that name. It so much more fun to say, not to mention it's easier to rhyme (like Steve).
I shall now prove you wrong. By the end of the Day (or so I hope) you shall have something proving how easy my name is to rhyme. So there.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #291
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sally lurking in an alley....
She crawled up from the valley...
To see the vote Tally...
then went off the Wolf Rally...

Quote:
I'm actually kind of suspicious of Shasta right now; call it a hunch. Roa seems too strange to me (and as usual, the first Day is rubbish and I'm only able to sparknotes how I think) and while Nog looks weird I trust him so far. Boro's clearly the devil.
Quote:
*pulls out hair* See what I come back to?
Quote:
I think the whole end of the Day was rotten, and I'll tell you why as soon as I finish up some laundry. I swear I'll save some time to do a proper post, but unfortunately RL is eating me up.
Quote:
Also, where's the new kid? I've not seen him/her yet and won't rest properly until I give them a nickname. *pokes them* Sad day. Off to analysis then.
Quote:
I'll go finish (although I don't think I got that far) my Brinn and Nienna analysis, and then I'm going to have a look at either Shasta or Nerwen. Wonder if I've found a pack yet.
and then post after post of nothing...

Putting off this "analysis because you already know the answer? And Mnem's logic would say she should suspect you... but she doesn't say that I wonder If I have found a pack...
Old 12-02-2009, 09:20 AM   #292
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Morsul, your vote of confidence is overwhelming. And on that note, I've finally finished Brinn. Sorry it's taken me so long; my brain doesn't like to turn on until at least noon. Heh.

Quote:
Ugh, I just remembered how awful this deadline is for me. I'm only going to be around for a small window during the first half of the Day, unfortunately. So I'll do my best to participate now, though I'm afraid it's not much.
Nothing.

Quote:
Nienna seemed to be the first to move away from the banter, which I appreciate. Right now I'm just too tired to process any long bantery posts, so let's just stay on-topic, okay?
I could say “oh, look, she doesn’t care what we say as long as it’s on topic” but I think this is just a busy Brinn who wants to not have to sludge through pages upon pages of IC posting. *shrugs*

Quote:
On the subject of the gifteds, I agree we just leave it alone and not worry about accidentally lynching them. Our roles are our own responsibility and it's up to the gifted how they play. If we lynch them, it's not our fault; they are the ones to blame because it is by their own actions that makes them suspicious. And anyway, if we focus too much on who the gifteds may be and how to avoid them, we may end up leaving clues for the wolves, which could be quite dangerous if any of them are accurate.
This….this looks so weird to me. “Well, if we lynch the gifteds, that’s too bad; it’d be their fault.” Not necessarily. For instance *drags up old owies* when Shasta was a ranger and our dearest Boro was a wolf Shasta did nothing wrong; on the contrary, he did everything right, and he was still lynched for it because Boro was just darn clever and smooth (no offense, Shasta dear). And I’d honestly love an explanation for the last sentence. How can the ordos leave clues for the wolves on who the gifteds are? They don’t know who the gifteds are. I’m just sayin’ that it is the responsibility of the goodie team as a whole; we have to make a conscious effort not to kill off our gifteds. If it happens or someone mistakenly suspects one, that’s fine, because we all know it happens, but this rather carefree attitude of Brinn’s makes me suspicious of her motives.

Quote:
Btw, I don't think Boro is saying let's lynch those who make sense and leave alone anyone who is acting suspicious. I think he's just trying to say we need to keep in mind that not everyone who is obviously suspicious is a wolf (and may even be possibly gifted) and not everyone who makes sense is innocent. So we can't make any assumptions based on that alone. Which I agree.
Defends Boro. And in fact they do have a point. Heck, I rarely make sense and I’m rarely a wolf; we do have to keep in mind differences in playing styles. But basically not a lot here, other than trying to (better?) explain Boro’s point of view.

Quote:
How I hate Day Ones. Not that they're useless, but I always have trouble coming to any conclusions, especially this early in the Day. I don't think it'd be right for me to vote now since it'd have to be completely random and I'm not in the mood for randomness. So I may not vote at all toDay. There's a possibility I'll be able to pop in real quick and vote later toMorrow, but don't have any high expectations.
The thing I find strange about this is that when she does vote (a bit over two hours pre-DL) it looks to me as if she has to manufacture a reason. (More on this later.)

Quote:
P.S. I also think we should keep in mind that the polar bears are an endangered species and we must work to save them. Because if we can't catch the wolves, the polar bears will totally do the job for us and eat them for breakfast.
Actually that was quite funny. Random, but funny. *grins*

Quote:
And I'm sure you'd call it equally safe if I were to randomly vote instead. But at that point of the Day when it's too early to have the slightest suspicion, what else am I supposed to do?

I'm pretty sure Nogrod is talking about my own decision not to vote because it was still too early in the Day, even if I might not return.

But anyway, I am back now, for a short time at least (my participation may be spotty since I am at work). And if I have enough time to look back at some things and see enough to form a suspicion, then I will vote before I leave again.
People have voted with less suspicion and been right before. (And I’m certainly not saying to do it, but it has happened. Anyway....) Not a lot in this other than that snark, so moving on.

Quote:
I don't like the jump on Boro either. I personally found his message to make perfect sense, so I don't really know what the reactions are all about and for that reason, I would like to go back and take a look at those who did jump on him.
Defending Boro again, and apparently people who find him suspicious are possibly guilty. I’ll have to look into this more, but I may see a hint of a wolf connection. Dunno.

Quote:
Also, I think voting for someone based only on what you think is a 'slip' is rather ridiculous. If you think that way, then fine. But have some evidence to further back up that suspicion before making the vote.
Yes, but if people do make slips we can’t just let them get away with it. Double standard.

Quote:
That already happened last game. Back then it was quite fun since I was teamed with them, but if they are in cahoots together yet again, just kill me now.

Btw, I'm voting shortly since I'm done with work soon and I'm tired of looking over my shoulder in fear of getting yelled at by my boss..
Heh. Fair enough. And nothing in here much.

Quote:
I almost forgot to vote! I'm a bit rushed since I have to run to class, but here we go..

The two people who stuck in my mind as suspicious are Nogrod and Nerwen. Nogrod's certainty over Roa's guilt seems a bit odd; why so confident on Day One? Whoever mentioned that his behaviour seems cobblerish, I agree. The problem is we don't even know whether we have a cobbler or not. As for Nerwen, she was very quick to jump on Roa's attack on Boro earlier; a very bandwaggonish move, which I find suspicious. So...

++Nerwen

Of course it's always possible...and it'd be almost funny if it did happen again. Anyway it seems quite typical for Nogrod and Roa to butt heads; though that does not necessarily point toward innocence or guilt.
This also strikes me as suspicious (see above). Of course we have Shasta’s take on her cobbler mention (which is possible but I’m not betting my RSC Hamlet poster on it) but she seems very uncertain. All of us are on Day One, so that’s all right, but she goes for Nerwen (“um, she looks bandwaggonish”) instead of Nog (“he looks like a cobbler, but we might not have a cobbler”….in my mind that would only leave one option, which is that no matter what he’s evil) and then at the end notes that she does think Nog could be innocent. It’s nearly an afterthought to me, as if Brinn thought to herself “Oh, that won’t look good, so I better throw in that I think the whole Roa/Nog controversy could be ordo-only. There, much better.” I just don’t like it.

(Although for the record I do like her vote for Nerwen itself, as I think she’s a bit shady too.)

Quote:
So Roa dropped? What a shame; I was hoping to see more of the Nog & Roa show. But really, before I knew she dropped, I was starting to think it perhaps more likely that those two really were just two innocents at each other's throats. Nogrod can be a bold wolf, so I won't eliminate the possibility, but still it is rather risky to be going at it with an innocent with such force as early as Day One. If they are both innocent, the Roa vs. Nogrod was a great distraction for the wolves. With the events of yesterDay, our baddies could easily set him up for the next lynch target I think, which is why I would be rather uncomfortable to vote for him toDay.
Like I said before, basically backing off Nog completely now. More backpedalling? *scratches head* Of course it’s possible she just legitimately changed her mind, but I want to keep a close eye on it just in case as it looks like….well, I don’t know what.

Quote:
Okay, now that really is a stretch. When I said "whether we have a cobbler," I meant "we" as in "the village." I really can't see what was wrong with what I said or why you'd consider it a 'slip.'

I don't exactly understand Loslote's vote for Lommy. She summarises a post of her's, yet fails to provide any of her own commentary.
She does have a fair point here about Shasta stretching, but her original post did look a bit odd. I’m chalking it up partly to tired/busy Brinn and partly to potential sneaky evil. Also, fair point on Little Lottie’s vote; I need to check into her and see what song she sings in the Night.

Quote:
Well of course you would add it and I wouldn't expect anything less; after all, twisting words into 'slips' is something wolves enjoy doing.

Btw, I'm not exactly sure why my Nerwen vote looks bad. It's not the strongest reasoning, I admit, but I still think it was a valid one. And it's certainly better than no reason at all.

Once again, I really don't have the time I need to get a better grasp on players. I'll try to hold off my vote for now, though it will have to be sometime in the next four hours. Anyway, right now the closest thing I have to a vote is Loslote for her unreasoned vote. She even admitted she didn't have a reason to suspect Lommy. Summarising a post of her's does not make it look better if there's no actual opinion shared or conclusions made.

Again, holds fair points, but the Nerwen vote looks off for specifically the reasons I stated above. Another good point about Lottie and then she just attacks me. *sobs bitterly*

All in all Brinn seems really busy but as we know we can’t let that keep us from suspecting her. I’m not going to push for a Brinn lynch toDay but I would go along with it if it came up because I think she’s a rather good suspect, busy or no. Sorry muffin.

Sorry, I've got to go into work. I'll be back when I can and will look over Nienna and others. Also, if there's any errors/ommissions in this post feel free to let me know, as I didn't have a chance to check it properly and I don't want to wait to post it. Until I return!

ETA: Just in case you don't realize, all quotes are by Brinn. *toddles*
Old 12-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #293
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
and then post after post of nothing...

Putting off this "analysis because you already know the answer? And Mnem's logic would say she should suspect you... but she doesn't say that I wonder If I have found a pack...
Or Sally has hacked into Mnemo's account and is busy having a conversation with herself.

Seriously– Mnemo has seemed quite unlike herself toDay, and I was just thinking, "Now who does she remind me of... oh, I know... SALLY!"

EDIT:X'd with Sally (or possibly Mnemosally).
Old 12-02-2009, 09:28 AM   #294
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I'm trying to peek in and keep up while dodging a pile of work.

I'm making a concious effort to divert my attention from Mac toDay, so who else looks worthy of note?

Boro is seeming too brash and sure of himself, giving off a odd vibe. I don't know I can call it a wolfish vibe just yet though. He's mostly made sense I guess, which by his own reasoning means he should be lynched, right?

Lottie's vote for Lommy is certainly unreasoned, and looks to be a perfectly safe vote for a wolf to make. However, I don't know that I want to vote for Lottie just on that.

Nog is a puzzle. He's not really sounding like the Nog I know from the past, yet I have a hard time finding fault with most of what he says. His zeal in pursuing Roa yesterDay was bizarre, and a departure from his usual Day 1 submarine-hunting activities.

Shasta I'm on the fence about. I need to look at him more closely.

Nerwen seems all right.

Greenie...Eh.. Not sure. I'd have to see more.

Brinn...No alarm bells really.

Sally: Nothing jumps out one way or the other.

Lommy looks ok right now.

Morsul: Again, nothing stands out.

Pitch is another one I have a hard time finding fault with. I have no idea how he would come off as a wolf, but he seems reasonable enough.

Eomer is one to watch. He's really done quite well with looking involved at just the right times, but I'm hard pressed to remember anything in particular he's said.

Mac: I'm deliberately leaving him be for now. All I'm saying is I don't plan to vote for him toDay.

Mnemo is worrisome. Her rationale for suspecting me is truly strange. Then there are statements like this:

Quote:
Which is why I've decided that I'm not going to vote to try to save people anymore, much less vote "politically." And I encourage others to follow suit.
What does that mean? How was voting for me on a coin toss doing either of those things? Am I missing something?

And this:
Quote:
Shasta: because suddenly guilt becomes relative.
Could you explain what you mean by that?
And she's been proclaiming innocence as well, which most innocents don't feel the need to do. The seeming rising tide against her concerns me somewhat, because I worry that it could be a wolfish plot to frame her. But she's surely given them a lot of ammunition if that's the case.

I've probably missed someone, but I'm out of time for the moment.

x/d with 2 Sallys, Morsul, and Nerwen
Old 12-02-2009, 09:40 AM   #295
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
On the subject of the gifteds, I agree we just leave it alone and not worry about accidentally lynching them. Our roles are our own responsibility and it's up to the gifted how they play. If we lynch them, it's not our fault; they are the ones to blame because it is by their own actions that makes them suspicious. And anyway, if we focus too much on who the gifteds may be and how to avoid them, we may end up leaving clues for the wolves, which could be quite dangerous if any of them are accurate.

This….this looks so weird to me. “Well, if we lynch the gifteds, that’s too bad; it’d be their fault.” Not necessarily. For instance *drags up old owies* when Shasta was a ranger and our dearest Boro was a wolf Shasta did nothing wrong; on the contrary, he did everything right, and he was still lynched for it because Boro was just darn clever and smooth (no offense, Shasta dear). And I’d honestly love an explanation for the last sentence. How can the ordos leave clues for the wolves on who the gifteds are? They don’t know who the gifteds are.
I'd imagine she was just meaning the usual reason people avoid talking about gifteds: it's always possible the ordos might spot something the wolves have missed.

Anyway. I will be voting in the next few minutes, for either Lottie or Mnemo, unless something really extraordinary happens in the meantime. I don't like voting this early, but I don't have a choice.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #296
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
I'm here. People who feel a little off to me: Lommy, Shasta, and Nerwen. I shall now commece analyzing them. I'm sorry if others have done so/ are planning on doing so but it only really helps me if I analyze them myself as people can spin their analysis any way they choose depending on their role. I'm sure you understand.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:01 AM   #297
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Morsul, Sally operates under a completely different set of rules from the rest of us (and besides, I actually know her), so I always read her under different standards.

Inziladun, the coin toss itself weren't political, but the fact that I'd narrowed it down to you and Pitch certainly was because I wanted to vote someone (on top of all the vibishness) who could compete with Nog and Roa.

Nerwen, should I take my sudden Sallyosity as a compliment or an insult?
Old 12-02-2009, 10:12 AM   #298
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Wow kids way to be productive so far. Nogrod I'm shocked at you. This is a new side that I haven't seen. Not that it isn't a nice side but its different.

So we have 4 wolves, two gifteds and a secret role. Unless the secret role is a seer we don't have one of those. Our gifteds can talk though so they know each other which will give us known innocents later in the game. We've had a lot of early reveals without reason lately and I don't really recommend this. Voting toDay is necessary so someone will be lynched. We don't want to loose a gifted to day One lynching either so that would be the only real reason I can see for revealing.

I'll be around tonight and a few hours before deadline but I have class when deadline is so I won't be around then.
Nothing but restating rules...
Quote:
Ahhkk I have 5 minutes before work but I'll be on later.

I agree with Mac about Boro. He was just stating something and then when everyone jumped on it he defended the statement.

I see the Nog I know and love coming back.

Lommy is suspecting me for absolutely no reason... this seems vaguely familiar .... I'm going to do my best not to suspect you out of pure retaliation right now.

No one else stands out to me.

Edit: Crossed w/ Morsul
Not really anything... says she won't suspect Lomy out of retaliation
Quote:
Ok so I'm super sorry I haven't been around till now. I was working. I'll be on till deadline though I don't know how much help I can be. Lommy is feeling the worst to me so far. Her posts haven't been helpful but I know she is coming on the computer so I'll giver her a slight chance. I don't think that Mnemo is looking all that suspicious. Nog and Roa are probably both innocents. I don't know what to do with Mac or Boro but I probably won't be voting for either of them. I also won't be voting Morsul. Edit: Crossed with a host
Lommy looks worst won't vote for me....
Quote:
I would also prefer Zil over Mnemo or Mac.
Agrees with Mac odd coupling...
Quote:
++Zil
votes zil instead of Lommy despite Lommy looks worse
Quote:
I wasn't sure at the time if I was just suspecting her because she suspected me. It was also near deadline and I didn't want Mac or Mnemo to be lynched so I was willing to use my vote to trying to save them as apposed to wasting my vote when I could have made a difference.
Morsul tends to be voted Day Ones because of his playing style and I didn't want to contribute to that.
Edit: Crossed with Morsul.
Two things... voted to save someone instead of going with what she thinks is right... and doesn't vote me based on Metareasons(Which are invalid I've played two games and survived a decent amount of time in one...) but she's the anti Meta Reason person
Quote:
I'm here. People who feel a little off to me: Lommy, Shasta, and Nerwen. I shall now commece analyzing them. I'm sorry if others have done so/ are planning on doing so but it only really helps me if I analyze them myself as people can spin their analysis any way they choose depending on their role. I'm sure you understand.
We do understand...we also understand You could slant an analysis your own way...
Old 12-02-2009, 10:24 AM   #299
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Top suspects at this point...(In no Particular order)

Mac- as stated before takes votes and criticisms too calmly.
Shasta- Once again didn't mention Inzil but still voted him...
Mnem- Tried to put suspicion on me for a badly reasoned vote, yet not a kosher voter herself..

Suspicious but not yet Wolf level

Nienna- not posting much but what is posted is really not anything used meta reasons despite hatred of them.
Sally- same as Nienna I'll get it I've got it can't do it... but enough time to ask pointless questions...

Not really anyone not at all suspicious but they need more looking into...
Old 12-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #300
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
just this one right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul
He takes criticism too calmly for my comfort
Valid criticism, yes. Shoddy criticism (see Nogrod), no.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:31 AM   #301
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Well, that's up to you isn't it?

Anyway, I can't leave this any longer, so–

++Mnemosyne

Reasons already stated.

I will add that I'm not really sure about this; she 's being kind of weird, but I'm not sure if it's wolfishly weird... but if I start second-guessing myself I'm be here all Day– and Lottie hasn't had a chance to explain her vote yet at all.

Good night.

EDIT:X'd with Mac and Morsul.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:33 AM   #302
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Someone ought to go back and see why I voted for Inzil. And by someone, I mean Morsul.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 12-02-2009, 10:34 AM   #303
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I've got to vote within the next 2 hours, and I'm so behind on everything...urrg this always seems to happen.

Quote:
Boro is seeming too brash and sure of himself, giving off a odd vibe. I don't know I can call it a wolfish vibe just yet though. He's mostly made sense I guess, which by his own reasoning means he should be lynched, right?~Inzil
Well I'm sure of who I am, but read post 271...that hardly looks like I'm sure of anything at the moment. Mac is all but tempting me to re-think everything on him and as far as who to vote for I have absolutely no idea, with not much time to figure it out.

Possibly Shasta or Greenie, I don't like the way they both jumped on Morsul's comments about placing less faith in votes. As well as both jumping on Nogrod going after Roa's slip.

Possibly Eomer for the fact that I forget he's back and playing.

Possibly you, Inzil, because I was going to vote for you yesterday, and today you haven't convinced me that I shouldn't.

Yep, that's about it right now. So, will catch up on all the reading and be around for the next 2 hours, then vote.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #304
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
We do understand...we also understand You could slant an analysis your own way...
Yes, dear, but my analysis isn't for you all... it's for me. If others get helpful information out of it about me or the person I'm analyzing than good... if not then they should do their own analysis. I was just stating why I was doing an analysis of people who have already been looked at.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:40 AM   #305
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

*sighs*

One more time, Boro, and let's see if I can't get it through that delightfully thick skull of yours - I did not jump on Morsul for his comment about votes. I jumped on him for using far too many ellipsi and qualifiers in his paragraph. So there, nyah, .
Old 12-02-2009, 10:45 AM   #306
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Someone ought to go back and see why I voted for Inzil. And by someone, I mean Morsul.
Ok I'll bite I've looked through your pots on this thread and don't see Inzil mentioned at all really give me one post number or can you not?

However Boro, Shasta and I disagreed on the value of votes though today they seem more helpful than last time...
Old 12-02-2009, 10:45 AM   #307
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lommy

YesterDay:

58. List: suspects me for making captain obvious statements and starting the ‘lets not lynch the gifteds’ movement. Also vaugly suspects Nog (for weirdness) and Pitch (for maybe being too agreeable) and Mnemo (for captain obvious statements and continuing the ‘lets not lynch the gifteds’ movement…)

So her list was a bit weird. There wasn’t a whole lot of posting to list about. She did make some interesting notes but I believe her suspicion of me is unwarranted and looks quite suspicious in return. I had posted once so far when she posted this. I gave the first non-banter post and even if she thinks it is a Captain Obvious post I thought it was important. I’m very much a teacher in everything that I do and since there are people who haven’t played before I think that making these statements are important. Even for people who have played before it is sometimes important to be reminded of somethings. It is sort of a “Hey kids remember what happened last time? Lets try to not do that again. Kthanks.” And this is true especially with the gifteds revealing. Sorry if you think it is pointless but I do not. /rant.

85. Worried about a Nog/Roa collaboration

This is obviously not pertinent any more. Though it looks sort of like a wolf trying to cast suspicion around.

95. Thinks Nog/Roa are fellows, thinks their attack seems rather fabricated.

I can’t see where she is coming from at all. Their attack seemed very innocent on innocent to me. An innocent Nog found something to latch onto and an innocent Roa defended herself to the T. This seems very typical for both players involved which I would expect you to know.

151. Mentions she would push the Nog/Roa situation if she was a wolf (as she is doing) but she says she would also think it odd as an innocent, thinks their petty fight doesn’t actually seems suspicious and thus doesn’t warrant her vote, could vote Me or Mnemo but we haven’t done much to merit it either, could vote Eomer just because he would like it.

She totally flips in this post. She says in 95 that she thinks Nog and Roa are fellows but then when she is challenged that she might be a wolf casting this suspicion on them she totally flips and says she would also do this as an innocent and now that she thinks about it that maybe they aren’t really wolves.

157. Eomer’s vote for Mnemo makes her hesitant to vote for her and start a bandwagon and she’s not sure that Mnemo deserves a bandwagon, doesn’t know why Nog seems so desperate, still suspects me… maybe even more now that I suspect her though she believes her suspicion of me is justified but not my suspicion of her

This post confused me. She says that she now doesn’t want to vote for Mnemo but I’m not sure where she ever wanted to vote for her. Then she also makes a very complicated mess out of her suspicion of me, which she thinks is justified because she doesn’t suspect the others who have suspected her. /confusion.

163. A vote for me seems throwaway, debating between Nog or Mnemo.

She is now back to wanting to lynch Nog? He had no votes at the time so I don’t know how a vote for him wouldn’t have been a throwaway but for me would have been.

164. Thinks that Mac’s latest post doesn’t necessarily say ‘innocent’ to her.

168. Votes Mnemo

ToDay:

273. Thinks Shasta and I look bad after the voting, Nog was way over the top with the Roa thing, Mnemo is odd, wonders about Pitchie, not sure what to make of Lottie’s vote for her, list.

In summary: She is being wishy/washy with her suspicions and it seems like trying very hard to not look like a wolf. This definitely reads wolfish to me.

x-ed.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #308
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
*sighs*

One more time, Boro, and let's see if I can't get it through that delightfully thick skull of yours - I did not jump on Morsul for his comment about votes. I jumped on him for using far too many ellipsi and qualifiers in his paragraph. So there, nyah, .
Well I fail at thoroughly reading everything, so it's highly possible I missed you saying that earlier. Most of the time, to be honest, I find myself scrolling through the page looking for a bolded "Boro" and then respond or not. I don't do the serious analysis until after the fact, when I have the time to actually go through it all.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:50 AM   #309
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Glad to see I'm not the only one who when in a rush looks only for my name
Old 12-02-2009, 10:50 AM   #310
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul, when exactly did I put suspicion on you?
Old 12-02-2009, 10:52 AM   #311
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Well I fail at thoroughly reading everything, so it's highly possible I missed you saying that earlier. Most of the time, to be honest, I find myself scrolling through the page looking for a bolded "Boro" and then respond or not. I don't do the serious analysis until after the fact, when I have the time to actually go through it all.
That also means if someone seriously thinks I need to see something, best just throw in a bolded "Boro" somewhere, then I will see it for sure. If not, there will be no guarantess that I'll see it, and I likely won't get to reading it until the following Day.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #312
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Morsul, when exactly did I put suspicion on you?
Hmm You know what thank you for asking that question made me rethink what was said I'll Downgrade you from one of the top suspects to suspicious...

Quote:
Mnem:On the other hand, Morsul is irritatingly confusing and often confused. Which he is (for me, at least) elsewhere on the thread. Voting him would be easy, especially considering his vote for Mac.
Quote:
But it's always easy to vote for someone who you think voted weird. I didn't vote for you because 1). you were pretty yourself, as far as I could tell (which my vibes yesterday were saying were off for Inzil and Pitch... analysis of both hopefully coming up in an hour or two), and 2). to me it felt like doing so would be a copout. I don't like making "easy" votes in Werewolf, unless the Seer has come out and told me who a wolf is.
Now I feel I may have put too much stock in these few phrases... However since you asked these were what I was talking about
Old 12-02-2009, 11:34 AM   #313
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Thoughts on Roa.

Before I even start, I'll let you know that I will ignore everything Nogrod said, for brevity's sake. It's been talked about enough anyway. My opinion about it is that both a good and an evil Nog could have launched that attack, and it's unlikely to change. Same for her altercation with Boro. I'm mostly looking for the things that might have gone unnoticed.

It's a pity that Roa got entirely sidetracked by those two. No opinions on anyone else at all.

Unless I overlooked something, the only one to give the counting-theory any merit outside of Nogrod is Eomer.
Nerwen went side to side with her for a long time, and it doesn't look like a wolf buddying up to an innocent.
Pitch, Lommy didn't want to lynch her early on. Pitch stays like that, while Lommy changes her mind and thought that she and Nogrod could both be wolves, or at least one of them.
Mnemo defends Nogrod from Roa's cobbler theory.
Eomer explains Nogrod's accusations to Roa. He gives himself a neutral expression.
Brinn votes Nerwen for joining Roa too quickly. Not necessarily a move a wolf knowing about Roa's innocence would do.
Mnemo won't vote Roa, neither will Eomer.
Green doesn't understand Roa. Gives her the longest comment in her suspicion summary. Looks like she really was confused about her and tried to figure her out.
Inzil and especially Shasta are most adamant at defending Roa from Nogrod.
Nienna thinks she's innocent.
Bes suspects both her and Nogrod.
Sally votes Roa.

Alright, these are a whole lot of half-hearted comments that could go either way.
Mnemo's defending Nogrod is slightly suspicious if Nogrod is evil.
Not sure how to interpret Eomer's neutrality.
Nerwen and Brinn look better. So do Green, Inzil, and Shasta to a lesser extent, and Pitch to an even lesser extent, although they could have faked it. I might throw Bes in there, too. Their behaviour around Roa looked more innocent than guilty.
Lommy is too hesitant with her Roa-Nogrod thing.
The rest could really go either way.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:41 AM   #314
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
The fact that Boro was one of them and apparently tried to discourage me from checking actually makes me feel somewhat better about him– because I don't think Borowolf would do anything as silly as that.~Nerwen
I should explain that I think there is merit in looking at the only piece of concrete info we have.

At that time, I thought you were over-hyping the amount of people who jumped on with Nog's full frontal assault. Plus, since at that time you just left it at "we should go look at this" I was thinking a wolf-Nerwen was trying to give us a red herring. Since you have further anaylzed it though, I'll just add my 2 cents.

I had already admitted to pointing out Roa's mistake, and acknowledging what Nog was talking about. That's why I gave it so much consideration. But you should also realize that after confirming to Nog that I knew what he was talking about, I directly told him that it was weak and I was in no way going to vote for Roa based on a numbers slip.

We can't blame Nog or anyone else for pointing it out, and thinking it was intentional. I mean first, anyone who knew the correct number would have noticed it, and especially in Nienna's first post she said "4 wolves" too.

Quote:
Neither of them pursued this, though. I had an impression that people jumped on the "case" much more than they actually did, I think because Nogrod was making so much noise about it.
But I still think that Eomer's looks evil, he agreed with Nog that it was intentional, but left it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Oh really? Somehow I think my tell is not the tell you think it is. And if you're planning to lynch me just to find out that I'm a goodie I don't think I like your reasoning. I'd personally rather save people that are probably innocent in my eyes than lynch them just to see what they are. Or maybe I'm crazy and that's how the New Werewolf is played. Heck if I know. (Of course I'm mostly teasing here because I don't expect him to campaign to kill me at this stage, but if he does make up a big case against me later with little cause I'll be quite concerned.)
I didn't say I was planning to lynch you, and neither did I say you had to be lynched for me to notice the sign. I said you had to be in danger of getting lynched, and if this happens, than I will be your knight in shining armor any day. However, since you are not in danger of getting lynched, this tell hasn't happened yet, therefor you're still in the limbo phase of "I don't know."

Quote:
Glad to see I'm not the only one who when in a rush looks only for my name
I would bow down to anyone and admit their awesomeness if they say they have the time to read everything (on that day) + post + vote.

To wilwa: I've been searching for a new rivalry since Menel's departure. If you want to start re-hashing old fights, bring it, because you know the score so far is Wild Eye 1 - Dark Monarch = Zero

All I have on Lommy right now is to say her Boro-radar is still in perfect working condition. But, I'm surprised you're really not being so flippy-floppy, have I really become that predictable to you or are you a more confident wolf?
Old 12-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #315
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
OMG... I just got to page 8 thinking there would be only a few posts and that I could then join in... but a whole page more!!!

So it will take some time as I'm a slow reader...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:17 PM   #316
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Or Sally has hacked into Mnemo's account and is busy having a conversation with herself.

Seriously– Mnemo has seemed quite unlike herself toDay, and I was just thinking, "Now who does she remind me of... oh, I know... SALLY!"

EDIT:X'd with Sally (or possibly Mnemosally).
Sally: Mnemo, would you like to hatch a plan?
Mnemo: Absolutely. What plan?
Sally: *smothers Mnemo, takes her laptop and talks to herself*
Mnemo: *muffled* That's not what I had in mind.

Or we could be the gifteds and we planned this out last Night.

OR we're just fun like that.

Your choice.

Quote:
Morsul, Sally operates under a completely different set of rules from the rest of us (and besides, I actually know her), so I always read her under different standards.

Inziladun, the coin toss itself weren't political, but the fact that I'd narrowed it down to you and Pitch certainly was because I wanted to vote someone (on top of all the vibishness) who could compete with Nog and Roa.

In order: Exactly. Fair enough, but not happy with it. Oi!

Here and have caught up *pets Nog* but need a nap so I'll be back soon-ish.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #317
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I would bow down to anyone and admit their awesomeness if they say they have the time to read everything (on that day) + post + vote.
Expecting a bow now...

I did it!

Hmph, then I have to think...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:35 PM   #318
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Back and reading.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #319
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Eomer-lysis since I haven't considered any concrete thoughts about him at all yet, and he is someone who shouldn't let slip. I could say that same for Mnemo, haven't put much thought towards her since the very beginning of Day 1, but Eomer has the fewer posts and I have to leave soon. Sorry, Mnemo, you'll have to be postponed to another day.

Eomer:
#75 defends me and tells Nerwen sometimes stating the obvious is necessary. Tells Nog he thought Roa's slip was intentional, he's not sure what it tells him, and after this I don't think he says anything else on it. Thinks Mac is tricky, Morsul is too slippery, and doesn't like Bes's post towards me.
#105 says Roa and Nog could very well both be innocents stoking the flames for reaction or too stubborn to see they're both wrong. He plays mediator and says he won't concentrate on those two anymore.
#113 responds and disagrees with Roa, about part of Nog's reasons being her argument with me.
#119, thinks Inzil's first list was pointless since most of the discussion prior was in character. Says trom was only in character. Disagrees with Mac about whether I would have dropped the point sooner or not as a wolf. Says Lommy's list is just a big block of text and Morsul's suspicion/vote for Mac was "interesting."
#121 agrees with Roa that it was odd for Nog to say his case on her involved me.
#123 jests with Greenie and says he's gone most of the day not arguing with Lommy.
#129 says Mnemo's referenced three times she believes Nog and Roa are innocent
#133 lists of who he won't vote for and who he might.
#144 vote tally
#146 votes Mnemo for shadiness and not wanting to add another name to the vote-getters. Says he's gambling, so "no hard feelings" to Mnemo.
His other 2 posts are jests with Shasta.

Several posts where Eomer looks pretty light-hearted and relaxed, but I've come to see him as that type of player, but I also think he's a rather strong, and very aggressive wolf-hunter. He definitely gets into your face, and so far I haven't been seeing that. Possibly, because it's early on, but I'm not familiar with an Eomer who cares how "soon" it is before he starts getting after suspected wolves.

Most of my suspicions are on the fact that he's not following through, or committing much towards anything. He directly points out noticing what Nog did, but leaves it as feeling neutral. He says Roa and Nog are both probably innocent, tries to mediate, but then suspects Mnemo for saying she believes they are both innocent. Granted, he's got a point about the number of times she mentioned it is strange, but even his vote looks forced.

What I mean is in #133 he has his list of who could get his vote, that's at 8:05. This list includes Inzil, Mnemo, Pitch, Brinn, Mac, Lommy, and Nerwen, then in #146 (8:33 - roughly half an hour later) he votes Mnemo and says he's gambling with it. Not a lot of time elapsed between those 2 posts, and since Eomer hasn't given us much conviction towards anyone, the vote just looks like it was cast for whoever.

The other suspicious thing is in #144 he gives a vote tally, there was one vote each for Mac, Nog, Inzil, Nerwen, and Mnemo, then in #146 he says a reason for Mnemo:
Quote:
There are a number of shady characters around here, and I don't want to add a new person to the voting list.
The problem is the other 4 people with 1-vote were all on Eomer's possible voting list in #133...so why say that about your vote for Mnemo?
Old 12-02-2009, 12:39 PM   #320
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I have to go to class in about 10 minutes, so I'm voting now. And since no better candidates have come forward:

++Loslote

No, she has not been back to explain her vote, and she probably won't return toDay. But even if she does return, I have doubts there will be much explaining considering in the posts before her vote she kept saying she suspects Lommy, but doesn't have a reason for it. She'd probably call it a gut feeling or something like that, but at this point we're beyond gut feelings and unreasoned suspicion. With eight pages of posts, surely everyone should have at least some reason to suspect somebody. With perhaps the exception of those majorly lacking in time. Which I don't think is the case with Loslote, because then I don't think she would've even bothered to summarise Lommy's post. I still don't understand why that summary is even there, if there is no conclusion made from it...or if there is, she's not sharing it which is silly since the conclusion is more important than the summary itself.

If I had time, I'd respond to Sally's analysis of me since I find some points rather flawed, but unfortunately I really must go, so it'll have to wait until toMorrow. Btw dear, while Sally can be rhymed with, Stan is such a better name for rhyming. For example, if you were named Stan, I could write a poem about Stan and the Saucepan Man. So there.