The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2006, 06:32 AM   #161
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Suspicions

On Day one, there is no need for wolves to keep their votes til the end, as they usually do. This is because the village generally plunges itself into confusion anyway.

However, I shall still suspect spawn and Gurthang for late apathetic votes. At such a stage, the sensible thing for a villager to do would be to vote for either Garin or I - whoever looked worst. To throw their vote away reeks of... apathy. Of these two, Gurthang sits worse with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
Maybe we should vote TGWBS, he's probably pulling reverse psychiatry (I know that's not the right word) on us. 'No wolf would vote for himself!". Bah! I am unconvinced of that, but remain undecided.
This was shortly after my suicidal post (I'm still a wolf, by the way). It seems he was trying to see if he could garner support for lynching me before commiting himself. Then, when there was a large movement to lynch either me or Garin, he threw his vote away - knowing we were both innocent - sorry, one of us is a wolf, I mean! - so as not to gain suspicion.

I also suspect Farael for being annoyed at me acting as Nilp - but then, for whatever reason, not following in my footsteps. His role was to kill himself. Why did he make a big fuss and not fulfill it?

Formendacil's reasoning also seems a bit iffy.

Meanwhile, LMP seems trustworthy.

Last edited by the guy who be short; 03-17-2006 at 11:44 AM. Reason: beeing
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 06:34 AM   #162
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield Other stuff considered before the death of Anguirel

Farael attacked Anguirel based on his humorous remark about Kath. Looks suspicious.

That tells you what I thought about Ang (though I always take Ang's side, it seems).

Gurthang is innocent (I hope! now that I've made this bold claim)

Samwise? Something seems strange about him ( ) but his vote for Garin may actually work in his favour. He seemed more certain that he was a wolf and that was at the end of voting when it looked like Garin would indeed be lynched.

Form tried to save Garin – why? How did you know he was innocent? (Although I tend to agree that Garin would have been better to save than TGWBS — Form is let off for now).

Spawn (and I can't remember why) struck me as innocent. Inclined to leave her at the moment (maybe I'll remember why later).

Lhuna came right out and said that Glirdan and Garin — 2 of the main suspects — were probably innocent. Seemed very worried about it. Could be a wolvish show? I swear there is a lupine seed in that Elf somewhere but when will it sprout? As usual, she is near the top of my list (only this time, Lhuna, it's nothing to do with my wolvish lies).

The others do not yet jump out at me, though I will say that something appears wrong with Lalaith and I am going to be watching her very closely. I'll tell why later.

So my suspects at the moment:

1) Farael
2) Kath
3) Lhuna
4) Lalaith
Old 03-17-2006, 06:57 AM   #163
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I think we should pay attention to Caralondien, Naria and Valier. Just because they will otherwise just go unnoticed. Not that there's much to analyse about them, but I'm just saying we shouldn't forget them. Day one already passed, they've proven (at least Cara and Naria) to be good at not getting attention.

There are some other people that have escaped doubt. But I myself admit that we can't concentrate in analysing everyone. I just fear that (a) silent wolf/wolves will slip unnoticed when loud villagers/wolves/lovers/gifteds hang each other.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 07:25 AM   #164
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
Or alternatively, perhaps they thought Ang's defence of Garin meant they were the two Seers. (A VERY reckless pair, if that had been so!)
In that case, back to the original theory that Ang - or even Garin - might have said something Seerish through chance.
But at the end of the Day it was proved that Garin was no Seer. Why would they then have thought that Anguirel was his fellow Seer?

Quote:
Or maybe tgwbs is right and we are spending too much on this.
Perhaps. Or maybe Anguirel's death will tell us more after a few days.

This Lhuna issue might be worth closer examining, I think.

#120: "I feel that both Garin and Glirdan are innocent, just completely misled."

"Two other people stood out for me toDay: Lalaith, Naria, and Eonwe." ~Lhuna

(Actually, that's three. )

12 minutes before the deadline, Formendacil comes and makes a tie. Interesting...

"Alas, though, I have little choice if I want to save Garin. Old players will know that I judge players by how "normal" their playing style is, and both Garin and Glirdan seem completely normal." ~Form

I use that tactic sometimes, too. That said, I think Lhuna's behaviour has changed quite a bit from the usual. More insecure and apologetic, I'd say.

"And I can but hope that Lhuna or some other late voter (IS there another voter as yet unvoted) will break the tie..." ~Form

Quite risky behaviour from Formendacil, but then again, he knew that Lhuna was around. Not that it helped, though, since she didn't break the tie.

#123: "This could possibly put me in trouble if Garin's found indeed innocent, but I have to make a stand. I'm so sorry, Garin..." ~Lhuna

There's the apology. Villagers whose actions are decorated with apologies are creeping me out. I can't understand that she didn't want to save Garin even though she seemed confident that he was innocent. Instead she voted for someone who had no chance of getting killed yesterDay in place of Garin or TGWBS. The fact that we were uncomfortably close to a double-lynch doesn't help either.

#139: "I was afraid that Anguirel might have been an extremely bold Seer" ~Lhuna

A wolvish confession?

#154: "Seriously, Samwise...after suspecting those who voted for tgwbs, how could I bring myself to vote for him to save Garin? I still think he's innocent" ~Lhuna

So, it was better to risk two lives that you deemed to be innocent instead of saving one of them?

Right now your actions feel rather wolvish, young missy.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:43 AM   #165
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
But at the end of the Day it was proved that Garin was no Seer. Why would they then have thought that Anguirel was his fellow Seer?
Doh!
Sorry. Of course.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:06 AM   #166
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I think we should pay attention to Caralondien, Naria and Valier. Just because they will otherwise just go unnoticed. Not that there's much to analyse about them, but I'm just saying we shouldn't forget them.Day one already passed, they've proven (at least Cara and Naria) to be good at not getting attention.

There are some other people that have escaped doubt. But I myself admit that we can't concentrate in analysing everyone. I just fear that (a) silent wolf/wolves will slip unnoticed when loud villagers/wolves/lovers/gifteds hang each other.
Those three have been very chary of words, but while we await them to join us toDay, we can analyse those who have said enough instead of just twirling our thumbs, yes?

*sigh*

Okay, I try...
Here's what I found out of Naria:

#29 - Isn't impressed by Gurthang's post #20 where he claims that randomly speaking, Naria is a wolf. I don't know why Naria chose to answer this "accusation", but she doesn't seem overly defensive or anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria
But I digress, and will myself, look a little deeper and see what I can see before vote time.
Well, I'd have liked to hear more of her thoughts, but maybe some other time then, because she posted only once after this yesterDay.

#139 - Says Garin is probably being just himself. Thinks that TGWBS' vote is stupid, and votes for him because usually she would have voted for Nilp (and TGWBS is the closest equivalent in this game, or something like that. Notice, btw, that Nilp's never been a wolf, so I'm not sure if that's so good a reason for a vote ).

~The End~

All in all, I'm not suspicious of Naria right now, because she's acting like I would have expected.

I'm not sure if I have time to analyse Valier or Caralondien now (they've posted a tad more than Naria), so someone else can do that if they want to.

Edit: A horrible thought just occured to me. Maybe I'm suspicious of Naria anyway...
Old 03-17-2006, 08:18 AM   #167
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Poor Ang. Tis a tragedy that he had to go so soon. We could really have used his insight.

Quote:
I'm not sure if I have time to analyse Valier or Caralondien now (they've posted a tad more than Naria), so someone else can do that if they want to.(Spawn)
I volunteer to do it. I'll be back with a posting analysis on them shortly.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:33 AM   #168
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Valier

Post #19 - The usual mourning for the loss of our Prophet. Asks who's going to give her luck for shearing her sheep. Also says she's going to look at the "creepy's". Says she's going to knit TGWBS a new beard because he tore his own beard out. Agree's with others that we should concentrate on the Wolves and not the Lovers. Tells the Wolves to give themselves up. Says she's going to go clear her head and make beards for everyone. Then Randomly accuses the Unemployed.

Post #56 - Scolds Garin for not knowing her well enough because he thought she wouldn't be so bold as Valier had been. Says she just felt bad for TGWBS because he ripped his beard out. Is baffled why anyone would campaing for their own deaths. Says she will not vote for one of the "campaingners" and thinks they are to striken with grief.

Post #109 - Says that all the days bantering has left her confused and votes for Glirdan. Says her vote is hasty and safe and thinks it will be taken at face value. Doesn't take first day accusations seriously until there is more concrete proof. Says that unemployed people help little.

I can't get a whole lot out of this except the fact that she doesn't like the unemployed. And if so, why not vote for Formendacil?? That also would have been a safe vote, would it not? I'll be back shortly for the analysis on Caralondien
Old 03-17-2006, 08:40 AM   #169
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn
Those three have been very chary of words, but while we await them to join us toDay, we can analyse those who have said enough instead of just twirling our thumbs, yes?
Did I say otherwise? Seriously, that was part of my point but I'm not sure if it can be figured out from my post. (I sometimes write like I would be assuming that people know what I think. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn, about Naria
Thinks that TGWBS' vote is stupid, and votes for him because usually she would have voted for Nilp (and TGWBS is the closest equivalent in this game, or something like that. Notice, btw, that Nilp's never been a wolf, so I'm not sure if that's so good a reason for a vote ).
(underline mine) Wait a minute! In normal conditions she would have voted for Nilp?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria
I do find Shorty's vote for himself, for lack of a better word, stupid(or maybe there is a better word ?). If he wants to be a Nilp than I will have to vote for him, as that is what I would do on the first DAY if it were Nilp.(smileys)
Refresh your memories, fellow villagers! What happened to our dear prophet? He was lynched (=voted) by wolves! A bad slip. Wolvish or unwolvish is the queston.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 03-17-2006 at 08:46 AM. Reason: adding "(smileys)" to Naria quote
Old 03-17-2006, 08:43 AM   #170
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

My, my, this early in the bright morn, and already a firey discussion blazes forth from the village. I like it!

My heart is greatly downcast at the revelations that this new dawn brings to light. Anguirel was ever a stalwart champion in our fight against the phanamonious wolves that pery apon us by night. I do hope that we will live through this nightmere, if only to immortallize his last stand in song.

I'm going to have a job of siffting through all the posts, not to mention looking back on yesterDay for my own analysis. This could take awhile, and, as I don't have much time, I cannot promise you any worthwhile data, though I will of course try my best.

Not to mention, I will have a hard time getting on this weekend, as I have a full plate of whatnot to attend to. Sorry bout that.
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 08:51 AM   #171
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Caranlondien

Post #49 - Cries in pity for our Prophet and says we must overcome our grief to find the Werewolves. Says that it would be foolish to lynch Ang as he's the villages only proper lumberjack and also says that he's never seen Ang bring back so much as one piece of firewood. (being slightly contradictive?) Says that it will be difficult to find four Wolves but is heartened by the fact that one is a traitor. Sees no reason for us to not find both Lovers and Wolves.

Post #55 - Agrees with Eonwe that looking for the Wolves would be simpler. Says that as we search for the Wolves, each of us have personal "parameters" that a Wolf would fit and says that the traitor would not necessarily fit these "parameters".

Post #108 - Believes Garin is innocent because of his reactions. Says his vote will not make a significant impact yet he's been suspicious of Ang for awhile. Says he says much yet says little. Votes Ang.

The oddest thing I find about all of this is that Caranlondien says in his very first post that we shouldn't lynch Ang and then, pretty much out of the blue, he votes Ang at a time where it would be a very safe vote and not do any real damage.

I will be back later. I need to go tend to my hut.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:58 AM   #172
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
I have little time, so just a few quick reactions.

Quote:
How so? I make it a definite seven - four wolves, two seers and an ord lover. Where does the five come in? Has one of us got the wrong end of the stick?
Hmm yeah, you might interpret it either way. By knowing more, I meant knowing the identity of the wolves, while clearly the Seers also know more as they know each other and the true identity of at least two other players.

Just for clarification, dear Prophet, I assume that if the Seers dream of a Lover, they shall only know whether s/he is an Ordo or wolf and not learn of their secret relationship?

Quote:
Why so, Gurthang? Ang obviously knew no more than any other ord - do you mean he might have inadvertantly stumbled on the truth? A risky ploy to lynch him, surely as the trail leads so obviously back to Kath.
I also, as I stated before, do not really believe Kath to be guilty. If indeed Ang was suspected to be a Seer with a lucky dream, surely the wolves would have thought he'd have voted for Kath. It seems too obvious a set up.

In retrospect, Anguirel was maybe killed for his noble efforts to save Garin.

Quote:
If an innocent ord spots what he thinks is suspicious pairwork, is it a good idea to bring this up publicly? Might this not alert the wolves to the identity of the Seer pair?
If an ord is sure of their findings, better keep quiet. The same goes for identifying the Lover pair - if neither of them is a wolf, likely we have found the Seers. I shall not change my views: the werewolves are the main threat, not these star-crossed Lovers. If we bring down all wolves, we will find them sooner or later.

Lhuna has been under a bit of suspicion because of her 'noble' vote. I usually suspect wolves to vote early on Day 1 to avoid getting caught up in tallying scores and giving innocents the final blow. I'm not really sure how I feel about Lhuna, and she seems different somehow. However, she was recently a first Day lynchee, if we're going to bring up other legendary werewolf stories anyway, which might explain her being a bit more careful.

Quote:
I still think he's innocent, just being Nilp to a T. Sure, Lalaith has a point that he could pull off a bluff like that, but right now I believe he's innocent.
Lhuna, TGWBS had already announced he would be pulling a Nilp. So did Farael. Not doing it would make them look more suspicious, which is precisely why I am uncomfortable concerning Farael right now. He might have been very relieved he did not need to be suicidal after all. And as to the short one, his act doesn't make him look better nor worse.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 08:59 AM   #173
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Glirdy, just one thing. Cara is a she.

Despite of your analysis, I don't find her particularly suspiciuos, because:
#1 - She's a newbie to WW. They can play quite strangely. (no offense)
#2 - I'm a flip-floppy person so I don't want to accuse anybody else for it. Or maybe about real flip-flops, but not about changing one's mind or writing weirdly. Cara doesn't explain herself, but I assume that she just changed her mind. Most of people do that quite often.

Though, spawn was correct, there isn't very much to analyse in her. She can be a wolf as well as an innocent.

I plead her and other silent villagers to speak. We really need everyone's opinion, advise (and slips ) to get the wolves.

EDIT: cross-posted with Cailín
edit-add: I say that Cara doesn't explain herself and just voice my assumptions and place a dot. That sounds like would think that her changing of mind needs no explanation. I'm not saying so. I wait that Cara will explain herself.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 03-17-2006 at 09:03 AM.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:06 AM   #174
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín
Just for clarification, dear Prophet, I assume that if the Seers dream of a Lover, they shall only know whether s/he is an Ordo or wolf and not learn of their secret relationship?
He said so somewhere. Can't just remember when, but I'm sure he said so.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:11 AM   #175
Mischievous Candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
Did I say otherwise? Seriously, that was part of my point but I'm not sure if it can be figured out from my post. (I sometimes write like I would be assuming that people know what I think. )
I had the impression that you wanted us to lay off our previous debates and concentrate on those three, but I may have misunderstood you, sorry.

Quote:
(underline mine) Wait a minute! In normal conditions she would have voted for Nilp?!
That's what she said.

Quote:
Refresh your memories, fellow villagers! What happened to our dear prophet? He was lynched (=voted) by wolves! A bad slip. Wolvish or unwolvish is the queston.
Hmm, actually, I think it's a sort of a tradition of Naria's to vote for Nilp. I'm not sure if Nilp was voted off by the wolves, you know... What's the slip here?

Also, dear people of Ened-in-Nowhere: read the first post of this thread (there are some who call it 'rules') and you'll find playing much more easier when you know how the system works.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:19 AM   #176
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield Some thoughts on the choice of Anguirel...

The wolves are trying to catch the Seers. I think that's very likely, if not indubitable.

Now, if Anguirel was thought to be the Seer, it's because he tried to save Garin so. He even said that his 'forest instincts' told him that Garin was innocent.

He voted for Glirdan (I think: correct me if I'm wrong). But didn't seem to strongly suspect him (despite his calls for 'die wolf!' or whatever, I think that's just Anguirel being amusing — how I miss him...)

So why all this talk of a set-up of Kath? Both Lalaith and Cailín mention that the death of Anguirel so obviously leads back to Kath that it must be a set-up.

Huh?

Anguirel made a humorous accusation of Kath in his second post before she'd even posted. What's out of the ordinary here? What right-thinking person would link the death back to Kath? It seems to me that the wolves might be getting a bit defensive, considering that Farael also jumped onto Kath's accuser ( a bit hysterically, if you ask me) after Anguirel's jest. Farael also mentioned something about he and Kath always being at odds in Werewolf — Don't look that way to me! EDIT: [Last sentence not actually true ]

Tar-ancalime appears to be thinking along these lines.

So, I'm mightily suspicious of Farael, Kath, and Lalaith. (I'll post again on Lalaith, later).

Last edited by Eomer of the Rohirrim; 03-17-2006 at 09:28 AM.
Eomer of the Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 09:20 AM   #177
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Ah, suspicion. I never get into a village without it. This time it's because I let the tie between tgwbs and Garin remain by voting for someone who's very unlikely to be lynched. Because I thought the two of them are innocents and couldn't vote for any of them to save the other. Right? That's why I really hate these near-double lynchings. If I had voted for one, I would have been a bandwagoning wolf. Now that I chose not to vote for either, I'm a noncomittal werewolf. So what would I be? Either way I'll be suspected.

Eomer, I'm sorry that you think I have something lupine in me. Are we really meant to be enemies in Werewolf?

I just stuck to my previously mentioned suspicions and voted for one of them, hoping the other villagers who were around and haven't voted yet will break the tie. I see no sense in jumping on a bandwagon that I already said I refused to trust.

tar-ancalime: Yes, we wanted to save him. Read the final posts yesterDay, and you'll see that Anguirel, Lommy (though she later regretted it), Form, and dancing spawn voted in a way to help save Garin.

Whoops, I meant three, dancing spawn. Mathematics...

Quote:
A wolvish confession?
No, a fair observation. I think Anguirel could have pulled off such a bold declaration if he really was the Seer.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 09:27 AM   #178
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

That thing I posted about Farael and Kath wasn't true, by the way. There was no 'I think we are meant to be enemies' comment — maybe it was on the original game thread? I don't know. Sorry.

Anyway, I think it would be a killer tactic for wolfy-Farael to slay Anguirel at night and then he could say 'Oh, but then I would have wanted to continue attacking him next day; this means that I'll need a new target.'

True, but it's unexpected enough to work; and I think you'd be bold enough to agree to kill Anguirel at night and try to work it during the day that a wolf wouldn't do that.

Anyway, Lhuna: why do you always apologise so much for your votes. It really makes you look suspicious.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:37 AM   #179
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I seem to be good at getting you under wrong expressions, spawn. (See - partially - below: )

Quote:
Hmm, actually, I think it's a sort of a tradition of Naria's to vote for Nilp. I'm not sure if Nilp was voted off by the wolves, you know... What's the slip here?
Inside joking. But for anyone who doesn't know the joke the comment was a bit misguiding. And I disagree with you about the death of our prophet. There was "++Nilpaurion Felagund" four times, which was a reference to the wolves. If someone says on Day 1 "I vote tgwbs because I can't vote Nilp" it seems very wolvish to me (not that I'm assuming the wolves to be so stupid, but...). Hope that you got my point this time better.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:45 AM   #180
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
So why all this talk of a set-up of Kath? Both Lalaith and Cailín mention that the death of Anguirel so obviously leads back to Kath that it must be a set-up.
Eomer, I was merely responding to Gurthang's initial statement that he would be looking closely at Kath. I meant that if a wolf-Kath had killed Ang for naming her, it would be rather obvious.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:16 AM   #181
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dűm

tar-ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
from Lhunardawen:

tar-ancalime: Yes, we wanted to save him. Read the final posts yesterDay, and you'll see that Anguirel, Lommy (though she later regretted it), Form, and dancing spawn voted in a way to help save Garin.
I have read those posts. I take issue with your including yourself in that group; that's why I italicized "we."

Quote:
from Eomer:

Anyway, I think it would be a killer tactic for wolfy-Farael to slay Anguirel at night and then he could say 'Oh, but then I would have wanted to continue attacking him next day; this means that I'll need a new target.'
That's exactly what I thought! Especially since Farael made it a point yesterday to remind us of his ancestors' singleminded pursuit of one target. What better play than to pretend he was up to his old tricks, only to be stopped in his tracks by the nasty, nasty wolves who killed his quarry?

But the fact of the two unprotected Seers remains. I have to think that the wolves' only object at this point is to find the two of them. I think that for every wolvish kill, we have to ask ourselves: what made them think the victim was a Seer? What did they get right?

And with Anguirel that could be Kath; it could also be lmp; it could also be you, our toothy troubadour!

I think there is something in this Farael charade idea; could the wolves have decided during the Day to kill Anguirel as a potential Seer, then set up Farael's attacks on him in advance?
Old 03-17-2006, 10:49 AM   #182
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

I was wondering why on earth people were linking me to Anguirel, and then I found it: Anguirel mentioned that he didn't like the look of me in that second post of his (which was clearly made in humour). I didn't notice that first time round because he didn't mention me by name.

Anyway...yes, yes, I suppose it does link me to him. Ah well, I have no comeback to that, especially as he mentioned in a later post how he trusted me not.

Funny, though, how Farael jumped to the defence of Kath and not me, when Anguirel apparently jested with both of us.

Those two look very suspect to me.

Lalaith, if wolf-Kath had killed Anguirel then it would not look obvious, considering that Anguirel had accused me in like manner and actually voted for Glirdan. Why should it lead back to Kath at all? Have you mentioned how it seriously leads back to me or Glirdan?
Old 03-17-2006, 10:51 AM   #183
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Apparently not. I'm surprised that you didn't mention how the slaying of Anguirel obviously points to me or Glirdan, especially since Gurthang — in the post you were responding to — had voiced suspicions of me too.

Farael, Kath and Lalaith are looking extremely wolvish to me.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:53 AM   #184
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

*shrugs* Whatever. Look, it was no big deal, I was really just interested in finding out what Gurthang meant by his initial comment. (I don't think he's answered me, either.)

Actually, of all the what-did-Ang-say-to-seal-his-fate theories that have been mooted, I think his defence of Garin is probably the most likely. I think the wolves are more interested in finding Seers than in framing anyone, right now.

Last edited by Lalaith; 03-17-2006 at 10:55 AM. Reason: cross-posted with Eomer's post above - but my answer still valid...
Lalaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 11:00 AM   #185
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
wow so much has happened since I woke up! (damn timezones) I have read over every thing and I must say some of the players I have played with before are not acting like themselves. Garin I was sure was an Ordo, due to his behavior as well as I thought Ang to be either an Ordo or a slim chance a seer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
I can't get a whole lot out of this except the fact that she doesn't like the unemployed. and if so, why not vote for Formendacil?? That also would have been a safe vote, would it not?
Yep I could have voted for Form, but I didn't, like I said it was random. I was not expecting anyone to follow me with this vote, but it seemed like others thought it a good idea. I believe two other votes came in after mine for Glirdan.

Now as to weird behavior I see that Eonwe is more talkative than I have ever seen him. Glirdan your posting seems off from the norm as well. I can't remember who it was who voted for Glirdan after me, but I think I shall look into them and their reasons behind their votes. Be back in a bit.

Last edited by Valier; 03-17-2006 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Spelling and bolding names
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 11:04 AM   #186
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Oh, and by the way:
is that it - the full gist of this grand revelation you've been promising to publish all day? That I didn't mention you in my post? Is that all it takes to be a wolf-suspect these days, not talking enough about Eomer?
Old 03-17-2006, 11:09 AM   #187
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

ok so I noticed that Thin you voted for Glirdan as well as I did because he's acting strange? Care to elaborate? As well Ang voted for him to save Garin. Thin your vote is suddenly looking strange...... You could be looking at me as suspisious to hide your own Fur..... Funny you suspect me AND Ang got killed last night....hhhhmmmmmmmm
Old 03-17-2006, 11:19 AM   #188
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Caranlondien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
Caranlondien

[B]Says that it would be foolish to lynch Ang as he's the villages only proper lumberjack and also says that he's never seen Ang bring back so much as one piece of firewood. (being slightly contradictive?)
First off, I'm the lumberjack. I was saying we shouldn't lynch me. As I still unwaiveringly support the idea that I should not be lynched, I hope you shall acquit me of flip-flopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Funny, though, how Farael jumped to the defence of Kath and not me, when Anguirel apparently jested with both of us.
I agree that this makes Farael and Kath look suspicious.

I'll be back after I read over some more posts.
Caranlondien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 11:22 AM   #189
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield Lalaith

I did not promise a grand revelation, or a grand masterplan, or anything like that. Why do people say that about what I'm doing? And besides, not mentioning me in that post is possibly important, because Kath and I were in exactly the same boat. So your not mentioning me while mentioning Kath is very relevant to my point. You imply that I'm being arrogant; but what makes you so sure you're worthy of a 'grand revelation'?

Grand revelation? I merely voiced suspicions of you. I'll retract that 'very wolvish' comment, though; because it was slightly too much.

My suspicion list:

1) Farael
2) Kath

Followed by:

3) Lalaith
4) Lhuna

We have to have suspects...
Old 03-17-2006, 11:33 AM   #190
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

On the Lalaith / Eomer front, I understand your suspicions, Eomer. But in Lalaith's defense, off-hand I remember Ang talking about Kath, but I didn't remember him talking about you or Glirdan until I went back and re-read his posts.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:37 AM   #191
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
First of, to defend myself a little
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilp the Second… and everyone else who voiced similar suspicions
I also suspect Farael for beeing annoyed at me acting as Nilp - but then, for whatever reason, not following in my footsteps. His role was to kill himself. Why did he make a big fuss and not fulfill it?
Quite simply, because both you AND Garin had done it. Adding a third suicidal maniac to the mix would have been stupid.

Quote:
Two reasons… first of all, at the time of the post I had not realized what that comment meant… second, he did not say anything about you being involved with a group of were-creatures… Honestly, I thought that he was accusing all but everyone to sugar-coat the pill… think about it, the strongest accusation he made was against Kath…. The rest were MUCH softer… If he had been the Seer, the co-seer could have argued this point without looking too seer-ish himself and thus saving himself from a wolfish retaliation.

Now on to the accusing.

The wolves have been smart… Anguirel was a safe kill for them as not only it would implicate me into it, but it would also give enough circumstantial evidence for Kath to argue that it was an obvious set-up and thus she could not possibly be wolfish. Some villagers have already voiced that proposition and I shall suspect you all for it. While it’s not enough evidence to indict Kath, I think that if she were a wolf, she’d be very interested in killing Ang last night. If he was a seer, she could point out that he accused many people. If he was innocent (as he turned out to be) and left to live, he could have kept on being random and watering down the “too obvious of a setup” argument. If he had kept on accusing people with strong words, no-one could have said that his death implicated him too obviously…. As it’d implicate half the village as well.

It was the right time and under the right conditions for such a kill. As well, note that I said I did not believe he was the Seer (I was right) and that he was a wolf trying to impersonate the seer (Others have said that he could have looked Seer-ish, so it’s not just me saying so).

I’m starting to think Kath is actually a wolf… if you think about it, it makes a lot of sense.
-If Anguirel was the Seer, Kath might have been done for, but there would have been three more wolves remaining to only one Seer
-If Anguirel was not the seer, Kath could argue that his death shows a clear set-up and it might give her a little longer to live, thus making her look innocent (and for the looks of it, it worked)

Don’t disregard my words too easily (not a seer hint) as some of you seem to prefer weird, far-fetched theories than simpler, more logical ones. Sure, it could be that Lhuna and Formen are the lovers because they showed pretty much opposite voting behaviours and maybe they were lovers trying to differentiate from each other but odds are, they are not. I’m talking odds here, I’m not saying that it could NEVER be the case, but given a logical choice, we should follow simpler theories that are easier to test than more complicated, far-fetched ones. Or maybe it’s just the scientist on me talking.

Anyway, I want to hear some more from Kath… and tar-a, not for her vote last night but because she often makes well argued points yet last night she didn’t.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:40 AM   #192
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
First off, I'm the lumberjack. I was saying we shouldn't lynch me. As I still unwaiveringly support the idea that I should not be lynched, I hope you shall acquit me of flip-flopping.
Completely, my friend. It's been a long day for me. I'm really tired to say the least. And sorry about the gender mix up as well. Now that I go through that, I found absoultely nothing on you. You're safe in my eyes...for now.

Quote:
Glirdan your posting seems off from the norm as well.
You're right, I'm playing more boldly then my kin in those other villages. But you know what, I like it. So, get used to it.

As for suspicions, I don't really have any at this poitn, unless it be Naria for the lack of posting. Quiet ones unnerve me and if I must say, Naria's definetly one of them.

I shall be back later with more.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:42 AM   #193
Mischievous Candle

Quote:
Anguirel made a humorous accusation of Kath in his second post before she'd even posted.
I'll say it once again, Kath did post before Anguirel made the "Empress Kath of the Dread Meerkat" post. I don't know if that makes much difference, but it's good to keep the facts straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Inside joking. But for anyone who doesn't know the joke the comment was a bit misguiding.And I disagree with you about the death of our prophet. There was "++Nilpaurion Felagund" four times, which was a reference to the wolves.
Yes, I got that you were joking, but I didn't get the 'slip'. And no, it was there five times, but maybe the last vote was Adam's.

Quote:
If someone says on Day 1 "I vote tgwbs because I can't vote Nilp" it seems very wolvish to me
Or then it seems Naria-esque. In any case, it's hard to make conclusions of that since she's so silent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar-ancalime
But the fact of the two unprotected Seers remains. I have to think that the wolves' only object at this point is to find the two of them. I think that for every wolvish kill, we have to ask ourselves: what made them think the victim was a Seer? What did they get right?
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna
Lhuna, I don't think our votes can be ragarded as helpful when talking about saving Garin.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:42 AM   #194
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
back from yoga-class

Let's not have suspects. Let's all live together, in peace and tolerance, meditate and bake chocolate chip cookies.

--

Farael is worrying me most right now. I am not yet overly suspicious of Lhuna, though she is playing a careful game. Thinlomien doesn't sit right with me somehow. As for the others, they are flying under my radar currently, though Eomer does seem rather fierce and jumpy. Probably he's just a little over-enthusiastic.

I will explain my reasons when I return. This day has been rather hectic so far.

edit: cross-posting with quite a few people here.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 11:50 AM   #195
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailin

Let's not have suspects. Let's all live together, in peace and tolerance, meditate and bake chocolate chip cookies
No suspects! But we must!

What's with the cookies? *looks down at nutricious bran muffins I brought* I am the sweet one I tell you! *bats eyelashes* Go with what you know I say (hint, Hint, Gossiper)
Old 03-17-2006, 11:58 AM   #196
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Blast! So much discussion. I haven't had a chance to take it all in just yet, but I need to at least speak.

Quote:
Why so, Gurthang? Ang obviously knew no more than any other ord - do you mean he might have inadvertantly stumbled on the truth? A risky ploy to lynch him, surely as the trail leads so obviously back to Kath.
Just the way that he was going on about the hedgehogs 'telling' him things made me think he was hinting at being a seer. In that post the 'hedgehog' told him that Kath was not to be trusted. I was sort of thinking that was his hint that he had dreamed of her and she was a wolf. Of course, that's proved wrong now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar-ancalime
Gurthang-->lmp
because...why was that, exactly?
I was so sure that either LMP or Eomer was a wolf, and for some strange reason, I felt like Eomer was the one that should be trusted(that goes completely against all past experience); I still feel that way for the same 'some strange reason'. When I voted, I only just got on right at the deadline, and so thought I had to make a quick vote before the Day ended. As it turns out, I would have had plenty of time to analyze, since Day lasted curiously long .

Despite Eomer saying it was just a random vote, littlemanpoet's retaliatory vote does not sit well with me.

Dancing spawn is also talking a lot of sense. Lhuna may be one to look at.

Lastly, I don't like hearing 'so-and-so can't be a wolf because a wolf just can't do such-and-such!' Wolves can and will do anything, so don't assume that there is anything that automatically clears anyone from being a wolf. (Except the obvious: a seer's declaration of one's innocence.)
Old 03-17-2006, 11:59 AM   #197
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

It appears that I have to vote of suffer the consequence. (According to the prophet of the mod god, those caught not voting are summarily killed off, right?)

Right, that means I have to vote now.

Therefore, I will vote for

++Valier

because she was the last one to post before me...

Sorry.

EDIT: Gurthang, you are a luck hombre...
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 12:15 PM   #198
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Right, hello, what? Am I being accused of being in a wolvish plot with Farael, in which we killed Ang fully knowing that it would bring suspicion upon me because of a single joking comment he made, very likely because I was one of the few that had posted when he arrived, which we thought might signify that he was one of the Seers?

Or am I not? There seem to be two conflicting views here, and both seem to have been equally supported by Farael toDay. I would hope never to be associated with such a flip-flopper.

My vote for Eomer yesterDay came before lmp's.

Ok defence over with unless anyone has other questions they want answering. I'll be lurking for a bit re-reading everything properly.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:17 PM   #199
Mischievous Candle

Eonwe, seriously! Don't you like, I don't know, suspect anyone? I think there have been lots of ideas and theories flying around toDay and yet you vote for Valier because she posted before you...

I won't vote for you again toDay because to me there are better lynching candidates, too, but you're not being very helpful, if I may say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
Lastly, I don't like hearing 'so-and-so can't be a wolf because a wolf just can't do such-and-such!' Wolves can and will do anything, so don't assume that there is anything that automatically clears anyone from being a wolf.
Hear, hear!

I'd like to hear something from Naria, who hasn't spoken yet, I believe.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:19 PM   #200
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Hmmm, I don't like Eonwe's vote. He posted hours ago and would appear to have read at least some of the discussion; doesn't he have any suspicions?

Of course, I understand it must be difficult when you're the first person to vote... Still, by the second Day, vote with at least some reasoning behind it! It makes it too easy on the werewolves if we allow people to cop out by saying "it was just random".

EDIT: Cross-posted with Dancing Spawn