The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2005, 03:34 PM   #121
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

i don't really understand this. people are dropping accusations and suspitions quiet freely. people will say that someone has garnered their suspiciouns, but not really say way (to my mind). could you go into a bit of detail about what makes Gil's behavior suspicions, Boromir? that would maybe help me and everyone else draw their own conclusions about people.
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 03:35 PM   #122
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
I shall be forced to leave now and have no idea who to vote for. So...

++ANGUIREL

I have no evidence to accuse you of wolvery, but I think it's safe to say we could accuse you of almost everything else.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 03:38 PM   #123
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Márcolië Lamen has just left Hobbiton.
I'm not sure if I'll be able to be here after now so I'll vote for

++ANGUIREL

sorry but the reluctance to help seems worlvish to me.

cross posted with cailin

Last edited by Márcolië Lamen; 09-18-2005 at 03:39 PM. Reason: cross posting
Márcolië Lamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 03:49 PM   #124
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
I said not long ago I would vote for glirden and I will ++GLIRDEN He posted alot and now he is not posting at all.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:56 PM   #125
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

I’ve made a decision. I’m going to vote for

++GIL-GALAD

and thus join Boromir88. This will put pressure on as many people as possible by trying to (hopefully) create as many tie scenarios as possible and hopefully force the werewolves’ hands (or rather paws) in having to make a decision to save one of themselves. I’m not convinced of Gil-Galad’s guilt (far from it, and I don’t trust Boromir88 either), but Gil has been acting funny (even for him) and he might be a wolf.

For future reference…

I am definitely becoming uneasy about these Dueling C’s (their official nickname from now on). Unfortunately, I really don’t have any idea where to go on them for the time being, so I think they were removed from my vote list for toDAY.

Now I’m also growing uneasy about Kitanna. Lalaith has also been in cover most of the DAY. (There! I believe I have suspected just about everybody. That way no matter what happens I’m bound to have been right at some point. )

I believe that WaynetheGoblin just voted for Glirdan, although our Moddess may not be happy with his manner.

I believe this brings the score to

Glirdan-3
Cailín-1
Perky Ent-1
Gil-Galad-2
Anguirel-2
Old 09-18-2005, 04:33 PM   #126
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Eonwe, sure thing...

Post #30

and #55

Is where I've listed my concern for Gil-galad. When I was making my decision on who to vote for it was mostly between Gil-galad or Glirdan. Though Glirdan has been acting very defensive Gil-galad's offered no defense as to why I shouldn't vote for him.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:35 PM   #127
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Kuru, I'm not convinced either. But, Gil-galad, for me has come off as the most wolfish. Though, it's a decision I don't feel confident in, because of it being early on and not a lot to base your decisions off of.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:40 PM   #128
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

hmmm, no offence, but i don't really see much strangeness in either of those. it sounds more as if he was just playing the role of the womanizer. but that's just my opinion after all.

i guess that i should vote, in accordance with the phantom's plan. but i don't know, i don't really see to much to warent a vote for anyone. we shall see, i have another twenty minutes after all.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:41 PM   #129
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

...and it helps spread out the range of possibilities.

I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed with the voting. There is like 15 of us (can't remember the exact count at the moment) and only nine of us have voted. I wonder if a wolf or two could be trying to lay low in the voting.

Come on innocents...it is really more helpful to have votes. And don't worry about getting it wrong...life is an exercise in making a fool of yourself.

Now, for dinner I'd like the lasagna with breadsticks.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:49 PM   #130
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Well, I actually made it back in time to vote- but who should I vote for?

Glirdan is already in the lead.

I don't want to vote for Ang or Gil because it could result in a double lynching- and if they're both innocent that would make me look really bad.

I guess I should vote for Perky or Cailin, since they only have one vote.

Nothing personal, Cailin old bean, but I flipped a coin and it said you.

+ + Cailin
Old 09-18-2005, 04:53 PM   #131
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

well, time marches on, and will not be stayed. it sounds as if it were the smart thing for the village to have votes to work with, so i will cast mine.

++Cailín

please remember, i don't really have a suspicion(s) right now, just plying my knife in the dark. come what may.

cross posted with the phantom we use the same logic! (and i should have added )

Last edited by Eonwe; 09-18-2005 at 07:43 PM.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:56 PM   #132
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

...oh dear
Old 09-18-2005, 04:58 PM   #133
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Voting is now closed. The lynching might take a while to write since I have a double. *glares at village* And on my first day.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:00 PM   #134
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
Noopoo! I jsut got on!!! Grrr...I wanna vote!!!

If there is any humanity, cause it says 17:59 on my clock

++Gil-Galad

[b]Edit: Grr...my vote wound't matter anyway. :'( I'm going to cry for the next day.
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'

Last edited by The Perky Ent; 09-18-2005 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Crud. That would make it a triple, so it wouldn't count anyway
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 05:10 PM   #135
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
White-Hand

The villagers definetely had taken some action on their first Day. They ended up leading two suspected wolves to the gallows.

"Who should we lynch first?"

"How about we do it in alphabetical order, so Cailin first." someone suggested. Everyone agreed and they led Cailin up to the gallows.

"I'm innocent I tell you, you have to believe me" she begged as the rope was put around her neck.

"Yeah right" Someone muttered cruely. Then that same one pulled the lever. The door fell and Cailin's neck snapped. She hadn't transformed. They had killed one of their own.

"Well then Glirdan must be guilty." They removed Cailin's body and put Glirdan in her place. He gave a small smile.

"Well atleast I will get to be with Wilwa" he said as a tear streamed down his face. The door fell and his neck snapped with an even worse sound then Cailin's. He to didn't transform.

The villagers had killed two innocents in one night. Hopefully they would do better the next Day.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Living:

Anguirel
Azealia of Willowbottom
Boromir88
Celuien
Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant
Eonwe
Gil-Galad
Kitanna
Kuruharan
Lalaith
Márcolië Lamen
The Perky Ent
the phantom
WaynetheGoblin

Dead:
wilwarin538(mod)- glued in pieces to a wall Night 1.
Cailin(ord)- lynched by villagers on Day 1
Glirdan(ord)- Also lynched by villagers on Day 1

Score:
Villagers: 11
Werewolves: 3

It is now Night 2. I need a name from the Wolves, the Seer, the Ranger and the Hunter.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:39 PM   #136
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

The villagers awoke that morning, still feeling terrible about what they had done the Day before.

They all gathered in the town square and quickly noticed who was missing. The Perky Ent.

They all glumly walked to his house. As they walked through the expected open door, they could smell spices.

They wandered around slowly, dreading what they would find. Perky was lying on the kitchen floor, fully intact and from a distance only looking like he was asleep. Until they saw his eyes. They weren’t even there. Random spices had been pored into the empty sockets.

The wolves had killed the seer. The one person who could reveal them.

As the villagers quietly walked out the door and back into the town square, the wolves laughed inside.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Living:

Anguirel
Azealia of Willowbottom
Boromir88
Celuien
Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant
Eonwe
Gil-Galad
Kitanna
Kuruharan
Lalaith
Márcolië Lamen
the phantom
WaynetheGoblin

Dead:
wilwarin538 (mod) - glued in pieces to a wall Night 1.
Cailin (ord) - lynched by villagers on Day 1
Glirdan (ord) - Also lynched by villagers on Day 1
The Perky Ent (seer) - eyes replaced by his own spices on Night 2

Score:
Villagers: 10
Werewolves: 3

It is now Day 2. Werewolves stop PMing. Villagers, you may converse.

(I decided to post it a little early, I've got things to do so hope you don't mind)
Old 09-19-2005, 04:47 PM   #137
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

.We are not doing well if we dont get a wolf soon we will lose.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:04 PM   #138
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

how true.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:10 PM   #139
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Oh my, could the death of our Seer come at a more worse time?

Regarding the voting that took place yesterday, I am very dissapointed. 5 People chose not to vote. One of them I will excuse (Azaelia) because she had a reason, the four who did not vote (excluding Azaelia)...

Gil-galad
Perky
Glirdan
Anguirel

So, Gil-galad, Anguirel you better be able to explain why you did not vote yesterday, leaving us with a double-lynching.

Last edited by Boromir88; 09-19-2005 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Bolding names
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:16 PM   #140
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots We're getting creamed here.

Well, that was a fiasco. I was afraid Perky was the seer. He broadcast too many hints.

For some reason my mind is wanting to structure things in pairs. (see below)

Vote order from yesterday-

Spawn-Glirdan
Celuien-Cailín
Kitanna-Glirdan
Lalaith-Perky Ent
Boromir88-Gil-Galad
Cailín-Anguirel
Márcolië Lamen-Anguirel
Kuruharan-Gil-Galad
WaynetheGoblin-Glirdan
the phantom-Cailín
Eonwe-Cailín

Now, to the survivors thus far…

Anguirel- Suspicious. Strange. Unhelpful. Unfortunately, at the moment, there is not much else to say about him. He did attract two votes yesterday.

Azealia of Willowbottom- Impossible to say right now.

Boromir88- Not too suspicious. Did not vote for a known innocent.

Celuien- Mildly suspicious. The surviving half of the Dueling C’s. I’m not as suspicious at the moment, but requires constant watching. Voted for Cailín. In her favor she advocated an active hunt (for whatever that is worth).

Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant - Suspicious. First to vote for Glirdan. She began suspecting him on account of his fiery defense. I find this a little odd. As we just saw, innocent villagers are just as likely to mount an aggressive defense as a werewolf (perhaps even more so). More on this below. On a more positive side, she did argue against lynching Azealia. On a potentially more sinister side she and Lalaith seemed to be running in harness some of the time. Much more on this below.

Eonwe - Suspicious. Did not say much and was reluctant to commit himself for the longest time. Then he cast the deciding vote that sealed a double hanging. He may or may not have seen the phantom’s vote before he voted. He bears close watching. I think either he or the phantom is a wolf.

Gil-Galad- Suspicious. Strange. Unhelpful. A Cad. Garnered votes from Boromir88 and myself yesterday. I am still very wary of him but at this moment I don’t intend to focus much energy on him toDAY unless he does something strange even for him. Did not vote yesterDAY. Caused some attention to be focused on Kitanna (more below).

Kitanna- Alarming. She voiced suspicions of Perky, who has now bought the farm and was our Seer. Kitanna also claimed to be made suspicious by Glirdan’s vigorous defense. I claim I find suspicious. She’s also done a good job of avoiding attention and of itself is suspicious. She requires very careful watching. Gil-Galad’s guilt I think is closely bound to Kitanna’s. I don’t think they can both be guilty since Gil-Galad drew so much attention to her yesterDAY.

Kuruharan- Innocent. While I was one of the first to voice suspicions about Glirdan, I was also one of the first to later say I thought he was innocent. I hope this speaks in my favor.

Lalaith- Alarming. I think I need to re-evaluate my hiring practices. She says waaaay to little for our own good. Her few statements have been marvels of non-substance. Then she and Spawn seem to join purposes for awhile. This could be a wolf trying to latch on an innocent, one way or the other. She voted against our Seer.

Márcolië Lamen- Vaguely suspicious. Difficult to get a read on. Must watch.

the phantom- Ahem…well somebody needs to say this. Suspicious. Considering his vote I don’t think it could be anything else at the moment. I can easily see how that was just a strategy to spread votes gone terribly awry. However, I can also easily see that it could be a wolf trick to attempt to throw away the vote only to have it backfire on him. Perky’s death also increases my suspicion of him (although, I admit, for no rational reason that I can see). I’m afraid the phantom is going to have to prove himself by being instrumental in lynching a wolf this DAY to ease suspicion on him. Otherwise he may be in some real trouble.

WaynetheGoblin- Suspicious. Strange. Weird. Unhelpful. Voted for an innocent yesterDAY. Needs watching.

So, in my mind there are a couple of pairs operating here.

Phantom and Eonwe
Spawn and Lalaith
Gil-Galad and Kitanna

Either the phantom or Eonwe may be guilty. This may be a prospect worth some serious investigation. I doubt both of them are though (although ultimately one should not dismiss the possibility since the werewolves cannot directly communicate with each other during the DAY).

Both Spawn and Lalaith may be guilty. I am particularly suspicious of Lalaith at this moment.

Either Gil-Galad or Kitanna may be guilty, but I doubt both are. At this moment I am also rather suspicious of Kitanna.

Those are my thoughts at the moment, make what you will of them.

I also reserve the right to change my mind for no apparent reason at the drop of a hat.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:21 PM   #141
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Oh no. Things do not look good with the loss of the Seer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailin
Too bad you felt the need to vote for me, so I hope you will really, really regret it when I am lynched and turn out to be innocent.
I do. I'm very sorry, Cailin. We seem to have been two innocents caught up in a web of suspicions.

Long post coming soon...
Old 09-19-2005, 05:26 PM   #142
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Our seer dead? Oh dear...
Though judging by Perky's posts I don't think he dreamt of a wolf. Probably just an innocent. At least that's what I think because Perky really didn't accuse anyone, he simply said "so and so has fallen under my radar"

But I am going to be quite bold here and say I believe at least one wolf voted for Glirdan and one voted for Cailin. As for the other wolf, I am not sure. It is possibly the last didn't vote at all.

But I suggest looking to those who voted without much of a reason.
Right now I am quite worried about Wayne. He said one thing at the beginning of the day and then came in suddenly saying he thought Glirdan was suspicious and gave no reason. Then he voted for Glirdan with no reason to back it up. I am not so sure about dancing spawn. I don't find her overly suspious, but I don't find her all that trustworthy.
As for those that voted for Cailin, I'm quite in the dark on who to suspect. Though I think the phantom may be innocent, but I am unsure of the others.

Quote:
She voiced suspicions of Perky
I do not recall saying any such thing. Infact, I thought Perky was innocent.
I realize with Perky and Glirdan dead it looks rather bad for me. But I know I am innocent. Also what cause would I have to go after Perky? He had said I was on his suspect list and any sensible wolf would know not to go after someone who suspects you.

Last edited by Kitanna; 09-19-2005 at 05:36 PM. Reason: bold names
Kitanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:31 PM   #143
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

The promised long response...

Okay, here's the complete set of theories. I know that the ill-fated duel with Cailin brought me onto the suspicion list, but yesterDAY I was pretty convinced one of the following theories was correct:

1) A Kuruharan/Cailin wolf duo was in play:
Their posts seemed like perfect wolf strategy. Cailin would pick a fight with me, Kuru would say he found us both suspicious as a result, both fanning the flames between us and giving him distance from Cailin.
2) Cailin was a wolf who was trying to cast suspicion on me and was playing off of Kuru’s finding us both odd.
3) Kuru was a wolf stirring the pot between two innocents, hoping we’d finish each other off while he could sit back from a comfortable distance.

I didn’t have time to post this with my vote as I was already running late. Since we now know that Cailin was innocent, 1 and 2 are definitely excluded. And Kuru’s posts during the vote discussion yesterday (and the one I just saw for toDAY while writing this post) have made me seriously question theory 3. In other words, I do not suspect Kuru right now.

At least we have yesterDAY’s voting record (given below with all votes in order and including the number of votes for each person at the time cast):

Votes:
Dancing Spawn……Glirdan (1)
Celuien……………Cailin (1)
Kitanna……………Glirdan (2)
Lalaith……………..Perky Ent (1)
Boromir88…………Gil-Galad (1)
Cailìn………………Anguirel (1)
Márcolië Lamen…...Anguirel (2)
WaynetheGoblin…...Glirdan (3)
Kuruharan…………Gil-Galad (2)
the phantom……….Cailin (2)
Eonwe……………...Cailin (3)
------Voting closed-------------------
The Perky Ent……..Gil-Galad (3rd after close)

Non-voters:
Zali (excused)
Glirdan (proven innocent)
Anguirel
Gil-Galad

I’m almost sure that there’s a wolf to be found among the non-voters. Either Anguirel or Gil-Galad could have stopped the double-lynching yesterday but chose not to do so. I’ll be eagerly awaiting their explanations. Eonwe also looks suspicious for her late (5 minutes before closing) vote that caused the Cailin/Glirdan tie (Glirdan already had 3 votes an hour earlier).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
please remember, i don't really have a suspicion(s) right now, just plying my knife in the dark. come what may.
cross posted with the phantom we use the same logic!
I'm not sure why she felt the need to point out thinking like the phantom - unless it was to cover a questionable tie-making vote by saying it was just the same thing a trusted phantom did. I know that the vote could have been a genuine error since Perky would have caused a triple lynch had his vote come in before the deadline, but I still think that Eonwe has some explaining to do.

So, my possible wolves based on the non-voter/tie-maker combinations are Eonwe, Anguirel, or Gil.

There could very well be wolves in the votes cast for non-lynchees yesterday to spread themselves out.

Finally, I’m very well aware that at least a few of you will find me very suspicious today. All I can say I that I’m not a wolf. I don’t expect anyone to simply take my word for it, but if you’ll just give me a chance, I’ll try to prove that I only have the best interests of the village at heart.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:33 PM   #144
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

I don't know how much we can get off of the votes from yesterday though. To me it seemed like a bunch of random accusations and random votes.

I will admit my vote for Gil-galad I was not very convinced that he was a wolf. But at that time he looked to me to be the most wolfish. Though Gil-galad baffles me, it seems he wants to look like a wolf, it's like he's a kamikaze wolf. Doing everything we would expect a wolf to do and not offering a shred of defense. Perhaps, that is his defense, or perhaps he's trying to attempt a double-bluff in looking like a wolf?

The only thing I can really tell from the votes yesterday, is I'm more confident that Anguirel or Gil-galad is a wolf. Though again, I'm not certain at this point.

I say this because they did not vote at all and a double lynching was acheived. Now this is a bold moves by wolves, because I'm sure they would expect suspicion. So, I would think that if lets say one person did not vote, that person would not be a wolf, because to allow a double lynching and be the only person not to vote would look far too suspicious. but with multiple people not voting (5!!!) a wolf hiding in the no-votes would be more protected.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:37 PM   #145
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
Rereading Perky's list it appears the first three are in order. Well, it doesn't matter. The point is everyone who posted is on that list and why would Perky leave himself out?

Kitanna Post 38
“Voiced suspicions” does not mean outright accusation (or I would have said “outright accusation”). It does mean that you viewed him with skepticism (which in theory is justified) and drew attention to him. I did the same thing myself in one post. However, your subsequent behavior is disturbing, to put it mildly. It is more of an adding effect rather than one particular instance.

We'd all be interested to hear a more in depth response.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:39 PM   #146
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Afterthought -

The triple lynch suspicion caveat only works, of course, if Gil-Galad truly is innocent. I'll have to review Perky's posts to see if there's a hint that he happened to dream of Gil and found a lycanthrope. That would be fortunate for us!

And I agree that it's unlikely that two wolves sat out the vote yesterday. One hiding in the group is far safer for them.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:39 PM   #147
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

sigh...i guess i had it coming. however....

Quote:
Oridginally posted by Kuru

Eonwe - Suspicious. Did not say much and was reluctant to commit himself for the longest time. Then he cast the deciding vote that sealed a double hanging. He may or may not have seen the phantom’s vote before he voted. He bears close watching. I think either he or the phantom is a wolf.
I was reluctant for a very long time. I only decided to vote at around 6:50. And mostly you swayed my decision, Kuru. I did not see the phantoms post until after i posted. random bad luck. as for the phantom...i cannot say. i would also like to quote some other stuff for my benifit

Quote:
originally posted by me

Quote:
Kuru agina

...and it helps spread out the range of possibilities.
this is what really made me decide to vote. and the rest of taht post.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:42 PM   #148
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan
We'd all be interested to hear a more in depth response.
And what would you like to hear exactly? I am sure there is nothing I can say that will completely change your mind.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:43 PM   #149
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
And what would you like to hear exactly? I am sure there is nothing I can say that will completely change your mind.~Kitanna
Perhaps assisting us as to who the wolves may be?
Old 09-19-2005, 05:46 PM   #150
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
The triple lynch suspicion caveat only works, of course, if Gil-Galad truly is innocent. I'll have to review Perky's posts to see if there's a hint that he happened to dream of Gil and found a lycanthrope. That would be fortunate for us!
I think we can take it as a given that Perky dreamed about Glirdan. That is probably what completely doomed him.

Quote:
And what would you like to hear exactly? I am sure there is nothing I can say that will completely change your mind.
And I'm glad you realize it. You do need outside help (which is suddenly in short supply) but you'd better try anyway. You never know.

Now, time for dinner...I mean breakfast!! Where's my meat and cheese lover's pizza?!
Old 09-19-2005, 05:52 PM   #151
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally posted by Celuien:

I'm not sure why she felt the need to point out thinking like the phantom - unless it was to cover a questionable tie-making vote by saying it was just the same thing a trusted phantom did. I know that the vote could have been a genuine error since Perky would have caused a triple lynch had his vote come in before the deadline, but I still think that Eonwe has some explaining to do.
*ehem* that's a he

no i wasn't trying to alighn my self with the phantom. I think that he is a really good candidate for being chosen to be a wolf (unless its random, idk, this being my first time). please note i have no suspicioun (as yet) of the phantom.

Im not sure, but i want to investigate Boromir and Kuru. they seem like they could be working together, but it also seems to be to closely to be suspicious. right now, that is where my thought will go.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:54 PM   #152
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan
I think we can take it as a given that Perky dreamed about Glirdan. That is probably what completely doomed him.
I see what you mean. Scratch that idea.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:04 PM   #153
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Perky voted for Gil yesterday. Its posible that Perky dreamt about Gil on night one and he was a wolf. Gil couldent have been lynched because that would have made it a triple lynch.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:12 PM   #154
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril some help requested

please just read over Boromir's and Kuru's posts from yesterDay and tell me what you think. i see supiciousness and i see inocence at teh same time.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:24 PM   #155
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
Perhaps assisting us as to who the wolves may be?
Wouldn't that be nice if I did know? But I don't, and a good number of other people are just as in the dark as I am. I can make up a list of wolves, but what good would that do?

Quote:
You do need outside help (which is suddenly in short supply) but you'd better try anyway. You never know.
I see no point, what if I get the wrong kind of outside help? Oh, like, let's say a wolf.

But I must say again I see cause to watch Wayne. I would like to see a reason, a reason better then "because he seems wolfish" for his voting for Glirdan. Why did he seem wolfish? Please, elaborate, Wayne.

Out of the non voters it's impossible to say with Zali. Gil gives us little to go on. He was getting into his character and said little outside of that. Anguirel well he, like Gil, gives me very little to go on.

Now here comes dancing spawn, she is a tricky one. First she mentionsMárcolië, but later she mentions Glirdan and says she is not contented with his behavior.
Quote:
Please, people, let the wolves do their own thinking. Do not say who you think to be gifted villagers. Unless... but it's too dangerous and a little unfair, too.
This statement though, makes me think she is probably an innocent. I don't think a wolf would discourage that kind of behavior in the villagers.

Those who voted for Cailin:
Celuien was the first, though I think our wolf may have been one either the second or third vote. I'm not wiping her off my suspects list, but I am placing her near the bottom.
the phantom was the second to vote for Cailin. At that time Glirdan already had three votes. At the time of his vote it looked like Glirdan was most likely going to get it. Again, I find the phantom low on my suspects list.
Eonwe was the last person to vote (except for Perky's late vote) and he voted minutes before day ended. Also his vote was (as he says) a cross-post with phantom, which of course is quite possible. However it was his vote that pushed Cailin to the gallows. He bears watching.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:25 PM   #156
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaynetheGoblin
Perky voted for Gil yesterday. Its posible that Perky dreamt about Gil on night one and he was a wolf. Gil couldent have been lynched because that would have made it a triple lynch.
Look closely at Perky's posts. Although I did put the idea of a Gil dream forward, it's pretty obvious on review that he dreamt of Glirdan, which unfortunately doesn't help us.

Sorry Eonwe (especially as I've repeatedly been taken for a he).

I don't find the phantom particularly suspect right now, although that could change. While he is on Kuru's list today, I don't think anyone was looking closely at him while the votes were being cast yesterday, which is why I thought a tag-along would be a reasonable wolf strategy (assuming tp's innocence).

I also don't really suspect Kuru. Everything he's said (other than adding fuel to my Cailin duel from yesterday) seems to have been helpful. Boro isn't really on my screen either. At least, I'd rather hear more from my main suspects Gil and Anguirel before looking in their direction.

At any rate, I'll be watching everyone closely today.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:32 PM   #157
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

Sincerest apologies for not showing up yesterDay, all. I messed up...shame on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky
Spicy? You got the spicy platter? I'm so very sorry. That plate was meant for Gil-Galad. You were suppost to get the roasted chestnuts and sherry. Very sorry indeed!
Is this a hint? I don't know what to think this early on...Everything is shrouded in mystery, and no one is saying anything that broadcasts either "Werewolf" or "Innocent" to me.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:34 PM   #158
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

um a number of things. please don't think im being pushy or winey (although i guess maybe i am being a bit hyprocrytical ) . im just trying to understand and having kind of a hard time with it.

could people try to say more about their reasoning more often. i hear allot of suspiciouns but i don't really here any reasoning. i think that reasoning is the only thing we can really count on. not gut fealings (although they can be a guide and are sometimes right on), or anything else because all we have are the things people say.

maybe because im new, i not understanding the established lingo. i don't know, but im haveing a hard time keeping things straight.

and another thing. could we maybe start putting the post numbers on our quotes. and being consisted with "originally posted by" i konw that would help me allot to keep up with people's logic and arguments.

again, im not trying to be arrogant or whine or anything, just some things to try and help (myself if noone else). thanks

edited for clarity (hopefully)

Last edited by Eonwe; 09-19-2005 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:45 PM   #159
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

I guess there's not much point in being careful about this...

Zali - Perky's critical post

The list of possible wolves he made in that post included everyone who had posted up to that point, except for one. Glirdan. I think it's more probable that this was an intentional omission pointing to Glirdan's innocence than that the spicy food was meant as a hint of Gil-Galad's guilt.

Not that I'm excusing Gil. Not by a long shot.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:17 PM   #160
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perky Ent
Yes, I have kept that thought in my mind. But, I just thought I should keep the topic up. I do agree with the fact that the wolves, whoever they may be, must not be hiding in Tinseltown. But yes, time is always against us. But if you, Boromir, are correc then one of the following is a werewolf:
  • The Perky Ent
  • WaynetheGoblin
  • Kitanna
  • the phantom
  • Marcolie lamen
  • Celuien
  • Gil-Galad
  • Kuruharan
  • Glirdan
  • Eonwe
  • Boromir88

Well that made it easier, didn't it? No, I just like to keep organised.
bold mine and to follow my own suggestion: post #35