The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2005, 05:07 PM   #1
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Leaf Werewolf X: The One Saga to Rule them All!

Welcome to Werewolf X: The one Saga to Rule them All!

This story takes place in the village of Tinseltown. I know Tinseltown sounds like the name of town you would find in a fairy tale, but I’m afraid that this isn’t a fairy tale. Its starts out just like a fairy tale with the sentence “Once upon a time…” but the rest of that sentence isn’t very happy. This story also definitely doesn’t end with “And they lived happily ever after.” it’s more the direct opposite of that.

*~*~*~*~*~*

The game happens in DAY phases and NIGHT phases. The DAYS and NIGHTS both start at 7pmEST, to find out what time that is for you, just look at the time on this post. During the NIGHT the Werewolves choose their victims. During the Day the villagers lynch another player trying to get rid of all of the Wolves.

I will not allow a mass lynching. Two deaths at once are all I can handle.

Votes will be bolded and in capitals and have two ++ signs in front of them; they will be posted on a separate line like this, I will get very angry if they are not on a seperate line ( ):

++WILWARIN

Votes are irretractable.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Discrepancies

Compromising privacy: You can say you're a villager/seer/werewolf, etc. all you want, but under no circumstances should you post anything that would give your claim absolute credibility. You are not allowed to post any PMs or other private conversation between yourself and the game moderator. Infractions of this rule are grounds for immediately disqualification from that game and all future games.

Outside interference: Once you are killed in a werewolf game you should no longer post in the thread, or the Werewolf I thread, or communicate with players that are still alive in the game. You're dead. Dead people don’t talk. Breaching of this rule will result in disqualification from all future games.

Private Messages: Players may not PM one another about the game; all discussion must be open. The exceptions are the Werewolves, who may only PM one another during Night. Please remember to keep space for PMs from other players or me, if relevant.

Role Play: Players should not refer to the game as a game, even though I do, consider this a role playing game. I will have to insist that you do not mention past villages whatsoever. It is, of course, okay to theorize concerning werewolf tactics. This hardly requires the words “When I was a Werewolf in Game VII…” to be attached to the front of the theory. Breaking this rule will result in a warning, breaking it a second time will result in automatic lynching.

Please remember to stay invisible. You can do this by going to User CP, change options and clicking the Invisible Mode button, don't forget to press Save Changes. I would also like atleast one post from everyone every DAY, doesn't matter how short it is, if you miss two whole DAYS you will be lynched.

*~*~*~*~*~*

The wolves win if the wolf/villager ratio is equal, the villagers win if all of the wolves are killed.

*~*~*~*~*~*

The Roles

Ordinary Villager: They communicate on this thread only and only during the DAY, they lynch one (or two) suspected wolves per DAY.

Werewolves: These three communicate during the Night about who to kill and then send the person’s name to me, they try to avoid suspicion during the Day.

Seer: The seer chooses one person to dream about, that person’s name is then sent to me, then that person’s role is revealed to the seer.

Ranger: The ranger chooses one person to protect from wolf attacks each night. They cannot choose the same person twice in a row.

Hunter: The hunter chooses one person to die along side him/her incase he/she is chosen by the wolves, he/she wants to try and pick a wolf. He/she also cannot choose the same person twice in a row.

Cursed Villager: Doesn’t know he/she is cursed, I am the only one who knows that. If they are chosen by the wolves they become a wolf, and play on the wolve's team. No one will know who the Cursed villager was/is until the end of the game.

*~*~*~*~*~*
Players:

1.Anguirel-villainous outlaw and poacher, one of the Gaurwaith
2.Azealia of Willowbottom- the porta potty maker(sp?)
3.Boromir88- Cafe owner
4.Cailìn- barmaid at Boro's cafe, degree in psychology
5.Celuien- the town eccentric best known for her vast collection of pet frogs.
6.Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant-riksha driver
7.Eonwe-boondock saint
8.Gil-Galad-Escape Artist / Womanizer
9.Glirdan-teacher
10.Kitanna-that crazy cat lady
11.Kuruharan-theater owner/traveling fair operator
12.Lalaith-tumbling acrobat and dancing girl at Kuruharan's fair
13.Márcolië Lamen-expert on Gadian Literature
14.The Perky Ent-experimenting food merchant(spice racks and all)
15.the phantom- town drunk
16.WaynetheGoblin- rich man, owns a big mansion

I will be the math geek.

Roles:
3 werewolves
1 ranger
1 hunter
1 seer
1 cursed
9 ordinary villagers

*~*~*~*~*~*

It is now Night 1. Wolves may PM, I need a name from the seer only. Day 1 will start with my death in 24 hours.

*sorry about the lateness, took me longer then I thought*

Please don't forget to make yourself invisible. I can still see one of you.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 09-30-2005 at 03:58 PM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 04:55 PM   #2
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Once upon a time, in the village of Tinseltown, the Werewolves attacked their first victim.

*~*~*~*~*~*

It was a normal day in the small town; everyone woke up and did the things they did almost every morning.

Anguirel looked over his plan to rob the Tinsel Bank that afternoon.
Azealia sat at her kitchen table trying to find a better career.
The phantom sat outside of Boromir’s café waiting for it to open, while Boro and Cailín crouched under the counter hoping that the phantom would leave.
Celuin took out a large jar of flies to feed all of her(?) many frogs.
Dancing Spawn filled up her car, complaining about how expensive gas prices had become.
Eonwe did whatever it is a boondock saint does in the morning.
Gil practiced getting his hands untied from behind his back as he ran after Lalaith, for her number. Lalaith danced away to Kuru’s fair.
Kuruharan smiled as he finally got the movie poster up he had been working on for an hour, he started to cry when he realized it was upside down.
Glirdan smiled as he finished correcting the papers he had been working on all night, he started to cry when he realized he only had two students.
Kitanna found another stray cat and tried to find room for her in her small house.
While Perky refilled his spice racks, Márcolië confused him by talking to him in the Gadian language.
Wayne took out a large abacus to count all of his money.

Once everyone had gone through their daily routine they realized someone was missing. Wilwarin wasn’t among them.

“Maybe she slept in?” Kitanna* suggested.

“I don’t think so, usually by this time she’s running around telling everyone she’s smarter then them.” Kuru* said, with a sad look as if to say she had done it to him often.

“How about we just go to her house and see where she is?” Eonwe* suggested.

Everyone agreed and the 16 townspeople walked to Wilwa’s house. Like everything Wilwa owned her house was blue. The door was open so they walked in. A quick chill ran down their spines, there was an odd atmosphere in the house.

They huddled together and started to walk towards the main living room, on the one wall there was a large mural of the constellation Cassiopeia , Wilwa’s favorite constellation. They had seen it many times so usually no one paid attention to it, but this time there was something about it they couldn’t have passed by.

On each star of the constellation a part of Wilwa had been stuck to it. Her two arms, her two legs and her torso in the middle. But where was her head? They nervously looked around the entire house, dreading what they might find, and when they got to the kitchen they finally found it. Wilwa’s head was sitting in the middle of the kitchen table, math supplies, such as compasses and rulers, stuck into it. On her forehead was a note:

5(3-2) +15-(6+4)-7 = number of werewolves
Let’s see if you guys are as smart as she was.

Everyone automatically looked at Glirdan*, who was the teacher after all.

“Uhm….well…..that’s easy…..its 0…the answer to big questions is always 0….I guess there’s nothing to worry about then.” Glirdan* stuttered looking very disgusted and embarrassed.

All the villagers sighed in relief.

“Hick…no stupid…hick…the answer is….hick…3” the phantom* said very drunkenly.

The villagers went into a panick and started running around in circles. Werewolves? What would they do? How could any of them survive with three Werewolves in their midst?

*when I use people’s names it doesn’t mean anything, I’m not hinting towards anyone’s roles

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Living:

1.Anguirel
2.Azealia of Willowbottom
3.Boromir88
4.Cailìn
5.Celuien
6.Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant
7.Eonwe
8.Gil-Galad
9.Glirdan
10.Kitanna
11.Kuruharan
12.Lalaith
13.Márcolië Lamen
14.The Perky Ent
15.the phantom
16.WaynetheGoblin

Dead:
wilwarin538(mod)- glued in pieces to a wall Night 1.

Score:
Villagers: 13
Werewolves: 3

It is now Day 1, Wolves stop PMing please. Villagers, you know what to do.

(By the way, I said I will allow a double lynching, but I won’t be happy about it and I would rather you don't edit your posts, just feel free to double post)
Old 09-17-2005, 05:17 PM   #3
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
Question And so it begins...

"Alas, that Wilwarin has gone. Always helped me tally my spices. Roasted Quill with a parsley garnish, I believe, was her favorite. " The Perky Ent said, as the thought of Cassiopeia taunted his mind. The Perky Ent's mind was a tempest of emotion that morning. He knew Wilwarin almost like a sister. Perky turned to Márcolië and asked "Is there anything in Gadian concerning werewolves?" But, ignoring Márcolië's well-articulated answer, Perky's stomach got the best of him, and he ran over to Boromir's cafe for a drink
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 05:19 PM   #4
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
I also knew her like a sister maybe cause she is my sister but this has been a sad day.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:23 PM   #5
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Wilwa? Dead? She once gave me a stray kitten! How horrible!
Old 09-17-2005, 05:31 PM   #6
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

*Kuruharan enters surrounded by a crowd of adoring flunkies*

Hmmm...how sad. What will I do if I'm not being taunted for my mathematical incompetence?

There is one thing we need to remember right now...

Try to disperse the votes toDAY and carefully watch who starts accusing who. Two!!! I meant two things we need to remember right now.

Flunkie! Memo to me: Send flowers to the funeral.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:31 PM   #7
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

What a sorrowful morning. She always made for pleasant company in the Cafe and never caused me any problems. What kind of beast must you be to cause such treachery?
Old 09-17-2005, 05:39 PM   #8
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

"Oh no- not again" mumbled the phantom, as he stumbled back towards his favorite drinking spot.

"What does he mean, 'not again'?" one villager asked another.

"I'm not completely sure, but- well, this one time, when he was a bit more drunk than usual, he told me that the last village he lived in got invaded by werebeasts. He said he fought 'em and gave a good accounting of himself, but that he eventually had to run to save his life. Said that's why he drinks so much- to forget all the friends he lost."

"Well, that's a bunch of nonsense. That guy can't even stand up straight, much less give a 'good accounting' of himself to werebeasts."

"Yeah, you're probably right. Best to never listen to a word that man says. Can't nobody tell fibs like a drunk."
Old 09-17-2005, 05:39 PM   #9
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Márcolië Lamen has just left Hobbiton.
Question Voth ko eri Gharis?

Me ja'coberi voth. Eri gharis son tel vod. Eri ji, jey si. Ko de coderi Talpi?*

Why would anyone do this to our math geek? Something evil must be here. Alas, the evil runs amuck. I'm afraid my friends. I don't know anything about what to do. No kali la'Gadis* has something I can draw from. But we must survive.

*All translations of Aklai la'Gadis will be at the end of posts.

I don't understand this. There are wolves in our home. Its bad, not good. Does anyone know anything?

Gadian book

Last edited by Márcolië Lamen; 09-17-2005 at 05:43 PM. Reason: deleating line break
Márcolië Lamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 05:50 PM   #10
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Poor Wilwa! I shall miss discussing the joys of the impossibility of division by zero with her.

Now to set about finding the cruel beasts who did this. All I can suggest is that we all seek them out loudly and actively as we can. Silence only benefits the lupine among us by giving them a shadowy lair from which they can launch attacks on us. If we force them into the open, they're bound to make a slip.

I'd best be feeding the Ribbiters. Mr. Chubbs likes 3 crickets for dinner, and he's very cranky when I'm late.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:57 PM   #11
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
bah... i felt something special with her ya know? she wasn't like all the other girls ya know? well its all horrible...so Kitanna, what are you doing tonight?
Old 09-17-2005, 06:16 PM   #12
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Hurry! Get your things packed. Get out of this village before the madness begins thought the phantom to himself as he entered his little shack.

Running away again, eh? How brave! said a voice in his head.

Running has kept me alive this long, and it'll keep me alive again! he snapped back at the voice.

But if the wolves keep going from village to village wiping everyone out, eventually there won't be another village to run to. You have to stand your ground eventually returned the voice.

Stand my ground and die? Ha! What chance does this village have?

Not much if you leave! answered the voice. You're a leader and a clear thinker- when you are sober, that is. The village could really use you.

the phantom sighed, sat down on the floor, and cradled his throbbing head.

"Should I run, or fight?" he asked aloud to the empty room.

After nearly ten minutes of silence, his jaw slowly hardened and his hands balled up into fists.

"I will FIGHT! First, I need to take some medicine and get my head cleared up so I can think better. Then- I'll make some plans."
Old 09-17-2005, 06:59 PM   #13
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Crazy drunk, I should just ban him from the Cafe.

Hmm, Perky's sort of signalling me over, I wonder if I should close for the day. Or perhaps, since we need to decide what to do I can round everyone up to the Cafe. I suppose it would be a nice gathering place to conduct talks. Plus get the place lively for once.

"Drinks are on the house today fellow villagers. We got things to discuss."
Old 09-17-2005, 07:19 PM   #14
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

1420! Cheers!

"Drink's on the house?" Perky said, as he pulled up a seat in Boromir's cafe. "You don't have to tell me twice! Bring forth an ale!" Perky made conversation with Boromir, talking about everything but the morning's incident. He wanted to wait til everyone was present so they could all here what everyone had to say. Besides that, Perky had made everyone's favorite meal for the occasion, and proper manners dictated that everyone should be seated before eating. Looking over the day, Perky realized what he had done. He spent hours upon hours cooking his troubles away, but he realized no amount of curry could get rid of the werewolves.
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 09-17-2005, 07:34 PM   #15
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien walked into Boromir's cafe, a dripping box under one arm and a willow wand under the other. Loud ribbits could be heard coming from the box.

"Take those disgusting frogs out of here!" shouted one villager. "It's bad enough that you fill your own hut with them. We don't want them in here while we're trying to think."

"Now, now," returned Celuien. "There's no harm in them. Besides, how could you expect me to leave my darlings unattended when there are werewolves rampaging through Tinseltown?" She glared at the villager and sat down at a table.

"What's the stick for?" queried another.

"You'll just have to see," came the mysterious reply. To herself she added what, you've never heard of a willow rod for divining? Granted that's usually for water, but why not try it on wolves too? It's as good as anything else I have to go on. Grasping at straws, grasping at straws...

With that, Celuien ordered a mug of coffee and muttered to herself with a glowering expression on her face.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:38 PM   #16
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Kuruharan strolled in.

"My private table please, pronto!"

The wait staff hastily threw some less affluent customers out of the cafe. Kuruharan sat down.

"I'll have the spaghetti. I must say this is an awfully calm and collected village considering what just happened. I've heard that in other villages by this point the fur has already been flying (if you'll pardon the expression). I may need to organize another faire to liven things up."
Old 09-17-2005, 07:47 PM   #17
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Kitanna sat in the corner of Boromir's cafe gently stroking her favorite cat, a pleasant red tabby. She listened to the conversations going around about Wilwa's unfortunate death.

"I think we are being too calm about all this." She finally said. "Wilwa never did any one in this village any harm and there's no telling who those foul wolves will take next." She returned her attention to her cat.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:52 PM   #18
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

"Agreed" Perky interjected, after hearing Kitanna's statement. "We all know she didn't deserve her fate. And for that matter, who is to say any of us deserve it either? Well...naturally the wolves, but we have yet to name them. Let us find them swiftly, so that no more must befall Wilwa's fate."
Old 09-17-2005, 07:54 PM   #19
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

"What, Kuru, another faire? Bring more strange folk into the village? For all we know there could be more monsters in the audience, or cast for that matter. No, we've serious business. Less tinsel and glitter, more work."

What should I do? What, what... I could give this old rod a try now. Or maybe I should wait a bit longer to see what happens.

Torn between these two thoughts, she stood at the door of the cafe and gazed down the deserted street, awaiting more arrivals.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:00 PM   #20
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

"Mmmm...this is most excellent spaghetti. A faire would stir things up a bit. It is in the village's interest to have things stirred up. It is kind of hard to deduce anything when everybody is lying low. (More wine waiter.) Perhaps I should say something that might spark a bit of debate. On the first DAY we might consider making a selection from among those who say little. (Where's my salad?)"
Old 09-17-2005, 08:08 PM   #21
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Glirdan stumbled into the café looking very disgruntled and upset all at once. "The usual, please," he said as he took his favortie spot at the bar. "I can't believe I got that wrong. How could a drunk beat me in my own perfession? And Wilwa, dead!!! Pourquoi!?!? Pourquoi!?!? For those of you who don't know french, that is "Why!?!? Why!?!?" Me and her were best friends. We used to sit and talk in french and do math problems together!!! We were scholars together in Minas Tirith!!! Why would the wolves go for her!?!? I've been up all night pondering on this. Maybe they thought she was to smart for their own good and that she would eventually find out who it was. And where did these wolves suddenly come form!?!? But the main question is 'Who are the wolves?' I can't imagine any of us in our fair town who would want to do any harm. I think we need to keep a good eye on the Kuru. There's been nothing but trouble since that faire came to town." He then sat and drank his french vanilla in thought, waiting to hear others input on the sad situation.

Last edited by Glirdan; 09-17-2005 at 08:09 PM. Reason: bolding
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 08:17 PM   #22
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

"Another crack like that and you'll never work in this town again!!" (Heh, I got to use my corny line!)

"And what exactly ails you about faires? I've got my livin' to make, same as everybody else!" (adjusts diamond and ruby rings)
Old 09-17-2005, 08:18 PM   #23
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Everyone in the cafe looked up in surprise as the door swung open and a stranger entered the room. He was well dressed, clean shaven, and walked with confidence and grace. His eyes shone with intelligence.

"Who are you, sir?" asked Kuru rising from his seat.

"The man that you threw out of your theatre for being too loud last weekend" answered the stranger. "And I don't blame you- I deserved it."

"Ph-phantom?" stuttered Perky Ent.

"Who else?" said the phantom with a smile.

"I didn't recognize you all.. you know- decent looking."

"Well, get used to it. I'm not touching another mug of ale ever again. I've been running away from wolves and trying to drown my nightmares about them for long enough. I think it's about time I killed them- or at least die trying. I will regain my lost honor."
Quote:
I think we need to keep a good eye on the Kuru. There's been nothing but trouble since that faire came to town.
Yes, yes, there's nothing wrong with keeping an eye on him. He is a shrewd and cunning individual, and it's bad news for this village if he is a wolf.

However, his cunning could serve us well in the coming days if he is an innocent. I am not willing to cast a stone at him this early- not until we have some evidence against him. We have no real information to work with right now, and I think it would be extremely unwise to kill one of our best thinkers with no evidence.

Now, I'm not saying I think he is innocent- so don't hold my defense of him against me later if he turns out to be a wolf. I'm just saying that if I had to lynch someone on a completely random guess, I would not want Kuru to be the one to die.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:01 PM   #24
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Gil-Galad walked in to see the discussion taking place, he orderd himself an ale and sat down, then seeing Kitanna, got up and sat down beside her

"troubling times eh fair lady?"
Old 09-17-2005, 09:07 PM   #25
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

White Tree

After walking in to Boromir's cafe because of Perky singalling her to come in to the village meeting, Marcolie did so. "We all must not jump to conclusions too fast, though must be watchful," she read from one of her (few) non-Gadian influenced books. Like that helps. We were going to do that anyways. At least I was planning on it. You all were too...right?...
Old 09-17-2005, 09:12 PM   #26
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
" Kuru, I have no problem with faires. I said the trouble started when the faire came. And I'm not accusing you of being a wolf either, I said I was going to be keeping my eye on you. But now, I'm getting a little suspicious of you." Glirdan said after phantom and Gil had their say. "Phantom, are you perhaps hinting at something?" Glirdan asked. "What you just said is making me think that you are innocent. I know for the time being, that I will not be voting for you. You are innocent in my eyes." he said as he drank the last of his french vanilla. "Another one please." he said to Boro. " I need a good wake up call after the horrible events of this morning...."
Old 09-17-2005, 09:28 PM   #27
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna rolled her eyes as Gil took a seat next to her. "I have a sudden urge to throw my cat at you." The cat in her lap hissed at the suggestion. "But I won't, for my cat's sake."

She then turned her attention to Kuru. "Your faire idea is a bad one. Bringing in innocents from outside the town, it'll be sure death for them. Why tempt the wolves even further?"
Old 09-17-2005, 09:41 PM   #28
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Returning home late from his job at the meatpacking plant, Eonwe was unaware that anything was amiss in that peaceful vale of Tinsletown, ever a quiet abode of harmony. In fact, the first news he heard was pertaining to free drinks at Boromir’s café.

A fine evening this, and most fortunate it is, too, he thought to himself as he made his way toward that age-old establishment, known for it’s excellent food, fine company, and hearty ale. How wrong he was.

As he entered, he sensed something was different. There was none of the usually boisterous laughter, clinking of glasses, and general hubbub that is typically expected of Boromir’s café. A subdued atmosphere reigned throughout the place. Even the phantom was inexplicably sober. He ordered his usually foaming mug of ale and sat at the bar.

“Well, what’s with the place,” he asked quietly to the bartender.

“Ah, didn’t you hear! Wilwa, may she rest in peace, cruelly murdered, and by three of our own, too, they say! Has the whole town on edge. They say they are really wolves who inhabit the bodies of ordinary villagers. During the night, however, they assume their true form and devour unhappy souls!”

“Tis’ evil news on this fine night, friend! And how are we to rid ourselves of these creatures, if we cannot tell even who has committed this murder?”

“That remains to be seen. Perhaps they will make a false move, and betray their counsels. Who knows; but we must live by our own wits in these trying days.”
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 10:10 PM   #29
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

1420! Anything suspicous happen?

"Well Phantom, I had a feeling you'd come! I prepared someting just for you! Cheease-berry piee, your favorite! " Taken aback, Phantom quickly responded "Why Perky? This is much too much! You did not need to do this for me? I thank you" "Any time, Phantom. I do what I can "

From the back, Perky heard someone shout:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan
"Another crack like that and you'll never work in this town again!!"
Perky turned around, looking at the conversation at hand. Facing Kuruharan, he interjected "There's no need to be hostile. Such anger over a suggestion like that? Yes, I think we've all established that having the fair is a bad idea. No one wants anyone to go poor, but I think the safety of the lives of innocents should trump money. I say this, however, not to infer anything as to the true origin of any of our villagers. I merely think we should watch ourselves more closely. Who knows what awaits us in our dreams. Now, as for these wolves...what is to be done? Does anyone have anything to bring to the table (apart from your drinks)? Has anything suspicous happened?
Old 09-17-2005, 10:16 PM   #30
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Boromir could not enter into many conversations for long he was always running around busily it seemed. But, he helped out whenever he could.

"ahh, my Kuru, it's a pleasure to see you enjoy the spaghetti."

"Well Marcolie, we definitely have to be on the look out. I would suspect the wolves are amongst us right now. And soon we need to start talking about suspects."

"Another one over here"

"Be right with you Glirdan."

Boromir walked passed Kittana and Gil-galad..."Gil-galad, must I show you that sign on the wall. There will be know mistreatment of women here. My lady Kitanna, if he offends you an any way, well nevermind I think you can handle yourself fairly well. In fact Gil-galad I will have to say your behavior is a bit odd, even if you are known to be quite the womanizer. I'm not saying anything but you said your condolenses to Wilwarin, but seemed to quickly get passed her death before you put a move on Kitanna. I would watch out mi lady. Well, I must go attend Glirdan."

"Celuien, watch Phantom. If he causes any trouble tell me. You know how he gets and despite his vow to not drink again, with drinks being on me I would think the temptation might get to him."

Last edited by Boromir88; 09-17-2005 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Bolding names.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 10:26 PM   #31
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan
On the first DAY we might consider making a selection from among those who say little. (Where's my salad?)"
Rather quiet are some of the villagers of Tinseltown. Where are they? Why do they not help us track down the murderers in our time of need?
Old 09-17-2005, 10:30 PM   #32
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perky Ent
Rather quiet are some of the villagers of Tinseltown. Where are they? Why do they not help us track down the murderers in our time of need?
Rather quiet they are. They must care, unless of course they are the villans, but I can not help but feel they're not helping enough, even early on.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:34 PM   #33
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
Rather quiet are some of the villagers of Tinseltown. Where are they? Why do they not help us track down the murderers in our time of need?~Perky
Quote:
Rather quiet they are. They must care, unless of course they are the villans, but I can not help but feel they're not helping enough, even early on.~Marcolie
I think it would be too suspicios for all three wolves to not participate. Though I think atleast one (probably two) are hiding in the quiet crowd. And the other is one who has joined us.

We also must remember the different timezones here, so it's still way too early in the day to start pointing fingers at who's quiet and who's not. In fact it's 12:30 am here for me and I'm heading out. We should be able to get a clearer picture in the coming hours. I am interested in hearing those who have not spoken however.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:48 PM   #34
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Thanks for the pie, Perky.
Quote:
Perhaps they will make a false move, and betray their counsels
Yes, Eonwe, we will study every word that is said and every vote that is cast and attempt to unravel the wolves' strategy- which we hope will tell us their identities..... but not today.

No wolf is going to say "Hey guys, I'm a wolf and- oops".

We will have to spot them using our seer (every village of this sort has one), killing strategy, and voting record.

But as it stands now, only one kill has been made, and the wolves did not even choose that kill. And also, there is no voting record at this time, because no votes have been cast.

Today we are flying blind. No one looks more or less like a wolf than anyone else.

However, from a strategic standpoint there are a few people that I do not believe should be candidates on this first day.

I'm going to sit back for a few hours and see who shows their face, and then I'll put forth an idea or two.

Don't rush to vote- and certainly do not band-wagon (in other words, don't let one person get all the votes). We should have at least two, if not three people with multiple votes today. That way, if one of them is a wolf then the other wolves might feel the need to save them and thus reveal themselves with their votes.
Quote:
I think it would be too suspicios for all three wolves to not participate. Though I think atleast one (probably two) are hiding in the quiet crowd. And the other is one who has joined us.
I agree with this. I do not think that all three wolves will hide amongst the same crowd and work in unison.

Unless of course, they are doing it and assuming that we will all think that they wouldn't do it.

But no- I think that is too risky. If I had to gamble with a guess, there is probably going to be one somewhat loud wolf, one extremely silent wolf (who may or may not even show up), and one wolf sort of in the middle ground.
Quote:
We also must remember the different timezones here, so it's still way too early in the day to start pointing fingers at who's quiet and who's not.
That is correct. That's why I'm going to wait for a while before giving any further thoughts or suggestions on who our lynching candidates should be.
Quote:
watch Phantom. If he causes any trouble tell me. You know how he gets and despite his vow to not drink again, with drinks being on me I would think the temptation might get to him
I assure you, I am dedicated to keeping my wits clear, and thus will not drink a drop of alcohol. Though I wouldn't mind some coffee, if you don't mind getting it for me, sir.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:49 PM   #35
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
We also must remember the different timezones here, so it's still way too early in the day to start pointing fingers at who's quiet and who's not. In fact it's 12:30 am here for me and I'm heading out.
Yes, I have kept that thought in my mind. But, I just thought I should keep the topic up. I do agree with the fact that the wolves, whoever they may be, must not be hiding in Tinseltown. But yes, time is always against us. But if you, Boromir, are correc then one of the following is a werewolf:
  • The Perky Ent
  • WaynetheGoblin
  • Kitanna
  • the phantom
  • Marcolie lamen
  • Celuien
  • Gil-Galad
  • Kuruharan
  • Glirdan
  • Eonwe
  • Boromir88

Well that made it easier, didn't it? No, I just like to keep organised.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:52 PM   #36
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

>.< My first double post here. I hate to do it, but I must extend the courtesy!

Phantom, you are very welcome for the pie!

Last edited by The Perky Ent; 09-17-2005 at 10:53 PM. Reason: It was a pie, not a cake >.<
Old 09-17-2005, 11:06 PM   #37
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
Unless of course, they are doing it and assuming that we will all think that they wouldn't do it.

But no- I think that is too risky.
I would definitally agree with the statement of it being too risky to all do the same thing. But we must keep our eyes open even upon that. A triple bluff would be possible, though unlikely...

Quote:
I do agree with the fact that the wolves, whoever they may be, must not be hiding in Tinseltown. But yes, time is always against us. But if you, Boromir, are correc then one of the following is a werewolf:...
It'd be likely one would be amoung us here in Tinseltown, which is why it is so difficult to spot them. However, even stating that is quick while dealing with time zones...

I say wait until everyone would have a chance to be awake then go through the same sorting of those who have been here and those who have not.

Also, notice how Perky Doesn't deny his(?) chance of being a werebeast. If he(?) knew himself(?) to be innocent why would he(?) include himself in the list?...though it is too early to be drawing any conclusions from anything.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:16 PM   #38
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Márcolië Lamen
Also, notice how Perky Doesn't deny his(?) chance of being a werebeast. If he(?) knew himself(?) to be innocent why would he(?) include himself in the list?...though it is too early to be drawing any conclusions from anything.
Perky's list goes in order of who posted first to last. If he had left himself off the list suspicions of him would have gone up. However keeping himself on can mean a) he's innocent and he's confident in that or b) he's a wolf trying to make us think "well, he put him self on the suspect list, surely he's not a wolf". However I find no reason to truly suspect Perky, not yet anyway. I'd rather hear from others before passing judgement on anyone.

EDIT: Rereading Perky's list it appears the first three are in order. Well, it doesn't matter. The point is everyone who posted is on that list and why would Perky leave himself out?

Last edited by Kitanna; 09-17-2005 at 11:20 PM.
Kitanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 11:42 PM   #39
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
"Your faire idea is a bad one. Bringing in innocents from outside the town, it'll be sure death for them. Why tempt the wolves even further?"

-and-

Yes, I think we've all established that having the fair is a bad idea.
You silly, silly people. If we had a faire and brought in some more innocent people that would drastically improve our chances and virtually guarantee a villager victory. (It would also improve my revenue flow, but that's neither here nor there).

But since everyone thinks it is such a bad idea...

Quote:
To contradict what I said earlier (although this comment is also really nothing more than grist for the mill at the moment)...

I have heard it said that werewolves can be in a state of some excitement when they begin their killing spree. They can sometimes tend to run about the village interacting with their intended victims hoping to throw them off the scent. Essentially they can be some of the most vocal villagers.

Now that things seem to have picked up a little bit of speed, I'd advocate taking a hard look at the people in this room with us. One (and maybe even two) of them is almost certainly a werewolf.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:18 AM   #40
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
At that moment-just as Kuru unveiled his cunning theory-there was a slight distraction up at the Tinsel Bank. There was a smash of broken glass, a sound of a flailing blackjack, and the voice of the banker could be heard begging for mercy. Normally, this would have been a masterstroke of stealth; but with the villagers all huddled close by, it failed somewhat, and an angry mob of Tinsellers charged to the defence of their meagre accounts. They were just in time; they found the banking staff trussed to the walls, and a rangy, thin, man with sparkiling, untrustworthy eyes, a knife, and a bag containing the village's savings, about to mount a weary looking horse. He wore a cloak of some unspecified grey furry material; he liked to boast it was werewolf, but the disappearance of a local stray dog made that claim rather unlikely. This was Anguirel, self-appointed Gaurwaith; and now he was regretting his publicity.

"Er...greetings, friends," he muttered. "I was just...er..planning to redistribute funds for, er, the town's defence. Honest." He was as honest and true as a black rat...

Well, thankyou very much. I attempt to be public spirited and you confiscate my hard earned goods. No, I haven't a clue who the wolves are, though give me a quart of yon whisky and might get some ideas...