The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2005, 04:45 PM   #241
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Quote:
Point in, I was sad when I saw the old guy go and even more disturbed when Richard Hatch won. So, I just can't vote for Bilbo.
Then bandwagon with me on the bandwagon that you started!! Get rid of Celeborn!!! He's not getting any smarter and he still says "Tell me where is Gandalf for I much desire to speak with him" which is getting on my nerves. Besides, all he does is sit there and let Galadriel do all the talking, for the both of them.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:59 PM   #242
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Leaf More defense of Celeborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel's link
As a woman, I have to say that Celeborn also won major points with me when he rebuked Boromir for thoughtlessly using the expression 'old wives tales'. Not many people are willing to speak up for the wisdom of old women, and in a fandom which seems all too eager to brand Tolkien as sexist, Celeborn is a shining light. If ever there was a man unafraid of powerful women, or a husband willing to share glory with his wife without thinking that this in some way damages his own masculinity, Celeborn is the one.
What more can I say? I just can't vote against Celeborn after that.

I personally still think that Goldberry should go, although I haven't decided if I should vote for her yet.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:06 PM   #243
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Quote:
Then bandwagon with me on the bandwagon that you started!! Get rid of Celeborn!!! He's not getting any smarter and he still says "Tell me where is Gandalf for I much desire to speak with him" which is getting on my nerves. Besides, all he does is sit there and let Galadriel do all the talking, for the both of them.
Problem is Anguirel and others did such a good job convincing me not to. So, I'm going to have to go with...

++Frodo

Who's been really depressed and has done nothing since Sam's departure. He really is of no use without Sam.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:06 PM   #244
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

I find the anti-Celeborn league disgusting at best. And I refuse to cast my lot in with any of you.

That said...
++Aragorn
Old 09-15-2005, 06:09 PM   #245
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
Leaf

++celborn he sholdent stay in this game a nother day.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:15 PM   #246
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
++Gollum

Am I the only one who finds him creepy?
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 06:48 PM   #247
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Actually Samwise wasn't a fake at all. that was all just made up to get rid of the insufferable little goody two shoes.

And without Sam, Frodo is hopeless. Just hopeless. There's just no point in keeping him around.

++FRODO BAGGINS
Old 09-15-2005, 06:54 PM   #248
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

WHY WON'T YOU GET RID OF CELEBORN!?!?!? He's USELESS!!! If no one else hops on the bandwagon, I'm going to give up...for the time being.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:00 PM   #249
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
--Bilbo

and...

++Frodo

yay Frodo Bandwagon!
Old 09-15-2005, 07:01 PM   #250
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
++Sam

He borrowed by spices, and never returned them!
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 07:03 PM   #251
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
++Sam
Hate to break it to ya Perky, but Sam's gone already.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:05 PM   #252
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent

He took my spices to the grave!?! There must be RETRIBUTION!!!!

++Celeborn

If he won't give up his spices, no one can have it!
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 07:54 PM   #253
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
++Bilbo

Nassy thief, we hates him. He stole our fissh, preciouss, that was our food rations for the day, and cooked them for himsself, nassty hobbit.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 12:14 AM   #254
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Noo! The scum won't let go of Celeborn!

I'll wait to see how things progress, but I'll definitely vote for one of those confounded Hobbits, and probably for Bilbo or Frodo.

They were slick practitioners and managed to censor the histories, but the Baggins Crowd was in fact the most demoniac gang in Middle-earth. They murdered Celebrian to encourage Elrond to pay collection money on time. They harassed endangered species of reptile. They stole left, right and centre, and were never punished due to bribes to King Elessar....
Old 09-16-2005, 02:28 AM   #255
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I would still really like to see the back of Grima, but for today I'll go along with Alcarillo's ++Gollum

I know he's useful - a good fisherman and seems to know his way around - but I just don't trust him, he keeps sneaking off and talking to himself, most unsettling. And he looks at people in a funny way.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:58 AM   #256
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Leaf

I think celeborn should be getting all the votes.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:00 AM   #257
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Vote for celeborn its the best choich you can make.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:15 AM   #258
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Best choich, certainly. Choich is undoubtedly Orcish for "unbelievable piece of stupidity."

Oh, and I say we should hang Baggins the younger.

If you like Frodo, don't let him be separated from Sam.

If you don't like him, turf him off and be rid of half of the hated Baggins mafia!

++FRODO "NINE LIGHT FINGERS" BAGGINS
Old 09-16-2005, 07:21 AM   #259
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaynetheGoblin
I think celeborn should be getting all the votes.
But why? What has Celeborn done that would make any of you vote for him? If you want to get rid of the useless get rid of the hobbits.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:42 AM   #260
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
But why? What has Celeborn done that would make any of you vote for him? If you want to get rid of the useless get rid of the hobbits.
If we are talking useless than I think Celeborn fits the bill. What has he actually done other than marry Galadriel? Now I would posit that that little fiend has simply ridden the proverbial coat-tails of Galadriel to get him through life. Galadriel still would be great without him but he would wither and die without her. I would say that Celeborn is analogous to a leech in this instance. Blood sucking little creature that hasn't done anything of actual value for Middle-earth and with his excessive vanity it's lucky that Galadriel gets to use her mirror at all, what with him looking in it constantly making sure every strand of hair is perfectly in order.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:01 AM   #261
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I've already voted today and my vote went with Bilbo. I should have waited, but perhaps it's better that I didn't. Bilbo should definitely go instead of Frodo, but Celeborn should go before Bilbo.

Understand, I have nothing particularly against Celeborn, I just like Hobbits better than elves, and the more Hobbits around the better. But Bilbo is a grump, so I'd like to get him rid of before Frodo. He didn't like adventures before he'd gone on the one with the Dwarves and Gandalf and had to be fairly dragged in. Whereas Frodo spend all of his childhood wanting to do something fun. He even had the guts to go borrow mushrooms from Maggot, whereas Bilbo would have likely fallen on the edge of his land at the very first sound of one of the dogs howling, shouting 'struck by lightning! Struck by lightning!' *snorts in disgust*

Besides that, unless all of you people who voted for Sam are frauds and liars, then you want to keep Frodo around because you want to see how he does without Sam, remember? Saucey?

Anyhow, I think Celeborn should go becaues he's pretty much a useless character. He neither helps or hinders. He adds no excitement...no spark. And Anguirel, although I'm sorry to be getting rid of the one you seem to like so much, I can't say I'm very much pressed to not vote for Celeborn for your sake, seeing as you've now voted for Frodo.

-- Folwren
Old 09-16-2005, 08:14 AM   #262
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
If we are talking useless than I think Celeborn fits the bill. What has he actually done other than marry Galadriel? Now I would posit that that little fiend has simply ridden the proverbial coat-tails of Galadriel to get him through life. Galadriel still would be great without him but he would wither and die without her. I would say that Celeborn is analogous to a leech in this instance. Blood sucking little creature that hasn't done anything of actual value for Middle-earth and with his excessive vanity it's lucky that Galadriel gets to use her mirror at all, what with him looking in it constantly making sure every strand of hair is perfectly in order.
Arrrrrgh!

What has he done other than marry Galadriel? Rule various places and retake Dol Guldur, in pragmatic terms...

He would wither and die without Galadriel, would he? An absurd statement. He voluntarily separates from Galadriel on two major documented occasions-after being deposed from Ost-in-Edhil, and after Galadriel leaves from the Grey Havens.

On the latter occasion he hangs around for thousands of years as Lord of Rivendell, showing no apparent need to follow his wife in a hurry.

Whereas Galadriel, who wishes to return to the West after the War of Wrath, stays in Middle-earth because she can't bear to be parted from him...

Little leech? Rather larger (and more independent, and less leechlike) than Sam Halfwit, who actually takes over Frodo's house...

Excessive vanity? You have no source for that except your own bitterness. The hairwashing joke has been overused with Legolas, and wasn't very funny to start with.

And I'm voting for Frodo because I think he'll be happier outside, and I like the old rogue Bilbo's character up to point. Though the Baggins hoodlums must still be stopped.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:13 AM   #263
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

++Frodo. Not that I have anything against him.

I agree that he would be happier with Sam. Besides, with votes standing at Celeborn 4, Frodo 4, Bilbo and Gollum 2, and Goldberry and Aragorn 1, he's the only other candidate for whom I can vote to save Celeborn.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:16 AM   #264
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Nothing personal (apart from all that irritating staring into space) .... but I am not giving up on the prettyboy trophy husband....

++Frodo

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 11:01 AM   #265
Kitanna
Child of the West

Shield

Oo Anguriel you beat me to my praise of Celebron. He is from from a leech of Galadriel.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:56 AM   #266
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
++Frodo the Samless for reasons already outlined by others. Plus he was too close to Sam and will undoubtedly now be plotting my downfall.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 02:16 PM   #267
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

For voting out the faithful Hobbit and the one who saved Middle Earth, I will have RETRIBUTION!!! My retribution will be swift and you wisl all in the end come to hate what you have done to the poor Hobbits. I SHALL HAVE RETRIBUTION!!!!!
Old 09-16-2005, 02:20 PM   #268
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Leaf Victory of the Galadrim

Oh yes?

Well, if you gun for Celeborn again...it'll get worse. The Elves of Lorien will not yield in their defence of their Lord!

Ain't that right, my fellow Marchwardens Kitanna and Celuien, and, naturally, the Lady of the Wood herself, Mithalwen the Elf-fancier?

We will hold true in the defence of interesting characterisation and/or pretty silver hair...
Old 09-16-2005, 02:23 PM   #269
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I'll hunt you all one by one and get rid of your favorites. I WILL have my retribution!!!!!
Old 09-16-2005, 02:25 PM   #270
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Retribution. What a lovely word, Glirdan.

We'll be meeting again, TGWBS. I think.

Boromir, when does this day end and we begin to vote for new people to send off? It appears that my lovely, younger Baggins is being beaten. Poor fellow. It might be better for him to go home after all, though it's down right sad and absolute cruelty.

-- Folwren
Old 09-16-2005, 02:26 PM   #271
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Boots Yellow crossed garters

I think this is the phrase you are looking for...

"I'll be revenged on the whole pack of you!"

Malvolio, Twelfth Night
Old 09-16-2005, 02:28 PM   #272
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

++ Frodo

Celeborn may be stoned all the time but Frodo without Sam to pamper him is absolutely useless. The excuses of shoulder pain have ground my nerves to pulp, I can stand it no longer.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 02:28 PM   #273
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Retribution. What a lovely word, Glirdan.
Isn't Folwren?? Glad you think so. As for when today ends, it ends at 5:00pm Est. time. So in a little while. Lets be patient, for the time being.......
Old 09-16-2005, 02:34 PM   #274
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Leaf <-- Sign of the Galadhrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Oh yes?

Well, if you gun for Celeborn again...it'll get worse. The Elves of Lorien will not yield in their defence of their Lord!

Ain't that right, my fellow Marchwardens Kitanna and Celuien, and, naturally, the Lady of the Wood herself, Mithalwen the Elf-fancier?

We will hold true in the defence of interesting characterisation and/or pretty silver hair...
'Deed it is. The Galadhrim stand united behind their Lord! All those who oppose him, beware our wrath.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:38 PM   #275
Kitanna
Child of the West

Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
'Deed it is. The Galadhrim stand united behind their Lord! All those who oppose him, beware our wrath.
Indeed and I will vote for pretty much anyone else before I vote for Celeborn, with the exception of Galadriel. The Lord Celeborn will be triumphant.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:46 PM   #276
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
I refuse to ally myself to anybody. I shall simply do my utmost to remove the most idiots Islanders.

Folwren, try as you might, you will not beat Bilbo. We have "the greatest little hobbit of them all" on our side, after all.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 02:51 PM   #277
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Folwern will beat bilbo I will vote for him tomorrow.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:31 PM   #278
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Alright, voting's off. It looks pretty close, but I think Frodo may be going next. We'll see in a bit.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:39 PM   #279
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I had written up a lengthy post explaining what is going on and what needs to be done but when I clicked submit the site went down so I will surmise what I said now.

Basically I see an alliance of pointy eared freaks forming. Elves and elf lovers agenda is becoming clear--"eliminate all others". Essentially they want genocide of all but themselves.

Now their current target appears to be hobbits. They eliminate the greatest of all hobbits and now want to eliminate his cohort. Their reasoning for eliminating Sam was flimsy at best and now they are showing their hypocrisy by choosing Frodo. They say that they want to do away with Sam because all he's good for is taking care of Frodo and it would be interesting to see how Frodo handles himself without Sam. So Sam is voted off. Now they are saying that Frodo should go because he useless without Sam--a point I won't argue against--but it does illustrate how hypocritical their reasoning is.

I ask who will be going next? Dwarves? Men? Istari? Will it ever stop until they have their own world? We must stop this madness and strike back. So I implore all those who wish to see a diverse Middle-earth tribe to help me in this cause. We need to strike at the heart of these fans of those who wear tights. Their apparent favorite is Celeborn our little trophy husband, who as I said early really has never done anything significant in the history of Middle-earth. So let's strike them to their core by voting him off and regaining some balance.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:41 PM   #280
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Votes are...

Frodo- 9
Celeborn- 4
Bilbo- 2
Gollum- 2
Goldberry- 1
Aragorn- 1

Frodo's kicked off too, the tribe's spoken. He never was much use, and only became more useless once Sam was gone.

Quote:
Boromir, when does this day end and we begin to vote for new people to send off? It appears that my lovely, younger Baggins is being beaten. Poor fellow. It might be better for him to go home after all, though it's down right sad and absolute cruelty.~Folwren
I said 5 at the beginning of the thread. But, it's difficult for me to get on the comp by 5, so I may extend it to 5:30. This again is Eastern Standard time. Which the Time the downs is set up for (GMT) should be 9:30 pm. You can figure out what time it is for you from there.

Right now it's kind of ended more sporadically because I'm unable to get on at 4 sometimes depending upon the rush hour traffic. So, I've been thinking about extending it, and I think I will to 5:30 Eastern Standard time, or 9:30 on the barrowdowns.

Edit: Forgot the remaining contestants...

Hobbits
Bilbo
Gollum
Lobelia Sackville-Baggins
Merry
Pippin

Men and Rohan Lady
Aragorn
Boromir
Denethor
Eomer
Eowyn
Faramir
Grima
Hama

Wizards
Alatar
Pallando
Radagast
Saruman

Dwarves
Gimli
Gloin

Elves
Celeborn
Cirdan
Elrond
Galadriel
Glorfindel
Thranduil

Others
Goldberry
Quickbeam
Treebeard

Badguys
MovieGothmog
Grishnakh
Ugluk

Last edited by Boromir88; 09-16-2005 at 03:44 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote