The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2005, 02:25 PM   #201
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Yes, the wolves have my sympathy. .... as I've explained elsewhere.

I had Holby ... her too thorough defense of vote #1 for Eomer threw me off. Gil-galad's bungle by posting at Night, plus his sheer desperation, made me suspicious. Saurreg fooled me but good. I could never see what you guys saw, at least I couldn't convince myself, until the seers left the choice between her and Mormegil. Well played, Morm and Firefoot especially! Lhuna did great in her rookie endeavor, and did have to struggle with the time zone dilemma ... and my suspicion. :P
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 02:30 PM   #202
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
Normal owls don't try to kill people, y'see.
Which is why I used a demented one instead.

Quote:
Thanks Fea for the Holby-kabob.
Fun to say, isn't it?

Quote:
(wait... this isn't feeding your ego is it?).
If I say no, will you continue?
Old 07-18-2005, 02:35 PM   #203
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Shirriff Talk Day One

Day One:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGWBS
Well, you've basically openly stated that you're a Shirriff. I'm not so sure of the logic behind this but I'll go with it.

Should we explicitly work together or not?

Any ideas? I genuinely support your plan... I think. I need to think it through.

I've said I think there's more to you than meets the eye. We can't have people guess our relationship yet though - that would be semi-fatal. We need it just explicit enough that, if one Shirriff should die, the other should be recognisable.
Quote:
Okay, I wanna talk about your plan.

The wolves will, according to chance, almost certainly kill a gifted villie this night anyway. Additionally, it would eradicate our ability to look at the way people vote. I don't think it's worth it. We're gonna loose gifted villies anyway. I say, leave us the small chance to get a wolf, and the ability to gauge votes.

What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP
Okay, I've blown my wad on the plan. If people buy it, they do; if they don't, they don't. Beeg deeel. I think I pretty much stated I'm a shirriff, but some may think I'm a wolf acting like a gifted villager. So it's not all out in the clear yet. I'm not going to get all huffy about my plan, but you bet if I survive I'm gonna land I told you so's all over the place. If and when I get lynched, just before I do, I'll announce that you're the other shirriff. In the meantime, let's track accusers, defenders, votes, and pronouncements and see where things point.
Quote:
Any suspects? I'm more suspicious of Firefoot for being present but not noticable. Also, she supports your plan with the major flaw of lack of voting records. She claims she would rather see innocent villagers die.

Kath implies she's the Hunter.

Eomer and morm seem innocent enough to me.

Holbytlass I'm not yet sure of.

Saurreg and Oro have said little.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP
I was thinking that Eomer is being way too cavalier, despite his chosen profession.

No guarantees I can do much - my computer is croaking on me little by little.

Morm feels like a loudmouth style hunter to me. What post did you see Kath acting like the hunter in?

Don't overlook Orom. Seems a bit seedy.

Of Holby and Firefoot's little back and forth little can be made. They could be two innocents just yacking about strategy, or they could be two wolves choosing this to discuss because it gives them face time without having to really commit to saying anything worthwhile. Dunno.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP
what if we declare ourselves right away and give the werewolves two known innocents straight up? One of us might get lynched by the stoooopid villagers but maybe not. Then the werewolves have to spend two nights killing us off. Then the seer can fess up on Day Three, and the Ranger can protect on Night 3. That gives us some control over the wolves. Or we could try this after one day and night, hoping we're both still around. maybe it's only important for one of us to declare ourselves. Thoghts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP
If on Day Two we announce that we're the shirriffs, we force the werewolves' hand. They have two choices: either (1) stay shut up and take us out the next two nights, or (2) two of them declare themselves as shirriffs (quite bold) which gives us a real battle, but then we know who two of the werewolves are because an innocent wouldn't do such a thing. Yes, we might get lynched, but then we are revealed as shirriffs when we're dead, and then two werewolves are revealed. They'd actually be pretty stupid to choose (2) because we win. So they're forced into (1) which buys the rest of the village two free nights. What do you think?

I won't be back to take a look at all this until its officially NIGHT, so we'll not be able to PM until tomorrow. But if you reveal the two of us together in one of your posts tomorrow, I'll know your decision. By the way, that's how it should be done. One shirriff ought to name both of us; that makes it clearer.

But if you don't want to go that way and think we can be more useful by being quiet about our identities, please don't feel like you have to do this. Gotta run!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP
Any suspects? I'm more suspicious of Firefoot for being present but not noticable. Also, she supports your plan with the major flaw of lack of voting records. She claims she would rather see innocent villagers die.

Kath implies she's the Hunter.

I don't see this.

Eomer don't trust himand morm okseem innocent enough to me.

Holbytlass I'm not yet sure of. me either

Saurregprob. clean and Oro don't knowhave said little.
Quote:
Sorry LMP, I just woke up! If you must go, cya. I'll be sending PMs as I read, but you porbably won't get to read them until Night.
Quote:
You won't get this until toNight, so I'm setting uot my thoughts.

If we openly declare ourselves as Shirriffs now, we'll be of little use. Here's why:

During Day, we come out to avoid innocents being lynched. Usually there is a 3 in 12 chance of bagging a wolf, but if we openly declare ourselves, this becomes 3 in 10. However, seeing as we're not being voted for, the chance of getting awolf actually is 3 in 10 already. So no point coming out for Day.

During Night, the plan was to force the wolves to go after us so that they don't get the Seer. Okay, I need to think here. Usually there is a 1 in 8 chance that they would get the Seer (presuming we lynch an innocent toDay). If we come out, the could ignore us, and try to bag the Seer with a 1 in 6 chance!

If they do this, they have a 2 in 3 chance of getting either the Seer, Guardian, Hunter or Mytho. Usually they wouldhave a 1 in 2 chance. I think we're increasing it too much - I don't want to risk doing that. If they see the increased chance of killing smebody important, they might well decide to leave us alone and go for it.

If they do that, then there are 10 people left, two of whom are us - known innocents. However, if we simply declare ourselves on the morning of Day 2, then the same thing happens - 2 known innocents in a group of 10. I suggest we do this - If we come out toDay, if the wolves are clever, they'll leave us alone and try to kill a Gifted Villie and almost certainly succeed.

That said, I've left strong hints of your innocence - the wolves probably think I am the Seer or we're both Shirriffs already. If they think that, they will definitely kill me.

I'm not sure how much sense my ramblings made, but basically, I would rather we declared ourselves on the morrow and give the wolves a pain in the posterior .

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...8&postcount=30 - Kath is defensive of the position of the Hunter. I think it's her.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 02:45 PM   #204
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I didn't like being a Seer; it wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be. It's much more fun to be a werewolf...

Personally, I didn't think I was a very good Seer. It seemed blatantly obvious to me (for example: Lhuna and Oromin were on my lynch list end of Day 1; then start of Day 2 I state that I changed my mind. Um, yeah.) I was pretty surprised when I found out Nilp had been killed and not me; I had about convinced myself that I was the one to go. Paranoia, I guess.

Wolves, considering the circumstances, I thought you did a pretty good job. I was pretty convinced Saurreg was innocent when I was trying to make my Mytho decision, which is one of the reasons I didn't choose him...

See, I wanted to either be a Wolf or the Seer. I couldn't decide who, though, and I was down to Oromin, Holby, Saurreg, or Lhuna. I ended up choosing Oromin for two reasons: a) she had the potential to be either a wolf or the seer (it's pretty easy to tell that some people probably aren't the Seer) and b) finally, in desperation, I told my brother to pick a number 1-10, and he chose 8 which corrosponded to Oromin (it's always 8 or 9 (Saurreg's number!), he said), which was ironic enough for me since Morm's coworker had also chosen Oromin...

That's also why I was being a little quieter on Day 1, as some of you noticed - I didn't want to be in a situation like Kath who suddenly seemed to be changing her tune. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to be a Wolf or a Villager. And I really was very nearly a wolf... you villagers had better be glad my brother picked 8 and not 9!

And this has rambled on long enough.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:46 PM   #205
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Interestingly, Nilp and Gil-Galad only posted once each.

Oh, and Mgoddess Feanor, pray tell what death you had planned for those of us unfortunate enough to not fall prey to your roving pen... keyboard.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:52 PM   #206
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I'm sure Gil posted more than once. I was following it even if I couldn't join in and I'd swear he made a few posts.

Fantastic deaths by the way Fea!
Old 07-18-2005, 03:58 PM   #207
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Check it yourself - go to ME Mirth, and click on the "replies" for this thread. You unbelieving unbeliever, you, Kath.

I should probably make some sort of point to this post so as to avoid being reprimanded...

Jolly good game, chaps!
Old 07-18-2005, 04:08 PM   #208
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Check it yourself - go to ME Mirth, and click on the "replies" for this thread. You unbelieving unbeliever, you, Kath.

I should probably make some sort of point to this post so as to avoid being reprimanded...

Jolly good game, chaps!
Never knew about that feature. Seems that you and I (TGWBS) are rather loud. Funny thing about this game, being an innocent I wanted to be a bit more on the quiet side for a change of strategy and I just couldn't do it. I simply had to be loud!
Old 07-18-2005, 04:18 PM   #209
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I'm sure Gil posted more than once. I was following it even if I couldn't join in and I'd swear he made a few posts.

Fantastic deaths by the way Fea!

I think he did but he decided to delete many of them.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:13 PM   #210
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Oh, and Mgoddess Feanor, pray tell what death you had planned for those of us unfortunate enough to not fall prey to your roving pen... keyboard.
I shall type for you Lhuna's death tomorrow, as well as the basic idea for Footie's, and yours, TGWBS. Look for them around 9:00 tomorrow morning.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:10 PM   #211
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
I shall type for you Lhuna's death tomorrow, as well as the basic idea for Footie's, and yours, TGWBS. Look for them around 9:00 tomorrow morning.
So no death for me eh? I feel a bit slighted
Old 07-18-2005, 07:12 PM   #212
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Great job everyone! I must be rather thick-skulled or something, but I really had no idea about anybody, except for those that I dreamed of. The rest of you had me absolutely in the dark. Whether this is due to your skills or my supreme obliviousness, I'm not sure, but this was immense fun to play! The death you wrote for me was great, Fea. I have a feeling that my very morbid friend will quite pleased with it when I show it to him. I also loved Saurreg's I Will Survive death. It was hilarious!

Firefoot, who did you dream of, other than Holbytlass? I'm curious to know.

Last edited by Orominuialwen; 07-18-2005 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Wanted to add a bit more
Orominuialwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:53 PM   #213
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
I think he did but he decided to delete many of them.
Yes, that threatened to really screw up my notes because I was tracking by post #. Baaaad wolf! Baaaaaad wolf!
Old 07-18-2005, 09:32 PM   #214
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! How do I feel?

I feel like a thousand lemmings deprived of a chance to jump off the cliff.

That's how I feel.

You see the scar on my sig? It's your fault, you wolves! Argh!

Vy ze vay, nice game, guys. Nice death scenes, Fea.

And, Firefoot, looks like Episode 6: The Return of the Villagers came true.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 09:56 PM   #215
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

This is all your fault, Fea.

I was ready for my heroic act for the last Night, only to find that your PM box is full. Do you want to know what I would have PMed you? Here.

Quote:
I'm thinking, grinning diabolically to myself, sitting in front of a computer in my university, of actually killing a seer just for the heck of it. Not just any seer, mind you, but the Seer, the one I chose the first time around. Then, if Holby decided to kill me, the villagers would kill me again. Wouldn't that be fun?

But I don't desire a second death. So, just to give the whole thing a happy ending, you know my victim.

Holbytlass.

Make sure to make my death extra special, okay?
But you had to go and ruin it all. And so did Holby, by not killing me. That would have been a climactic ending.

I hope you'll forever be in remorse.

End of the Lhunatic's theatrics.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 06:21 AM   #216
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
My final P.M. to Feanor:
the spite kill
okay, since this kill is for spite and won't affect the game, I went through all the ww games and found 2 people (still alive) that haven't had the pleasure of being hanged or killed, Lhuna and Orom.
I'm not going to kill Firefoot because werewolves don't keep promises!!
I decided on Orom because of her line, "Holby, you're finished". Now she is finished, too!! MUWAHAHA -Holby

That and also I had already been killed by a hunter and had never been hanged by the village.

I was trying to do things differently with strategy, too but what you don't know is that on the second day I had severe computer problems. My computer would freeze up after about 6 minutes and i would have to restart the whole thing! So my desperation actually was about that and trying to get enough meaningful posts in. And of course my over-exuberance in trying to get Eomer lynched, not Gil.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:11 AM   #217
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Lhuna: forever remorseful. I'd been away from home all weekend (yes, my social life was why I couldn't manage to be awake at 9:00 on the weekend) and then my ride came unexpectedly early. I figured I'd get home and clear out my inbox, but then my parents offered to drive me to buy my new camera. I wasn't about to say no, which, of course, is why I was unaware of your last request. But it didn't particularly make a difference because Silly Holby didn't pick you.

Mormegil: forever remorseful. Mith knows this story, but I lied to you. You weren't a villager... you weren't anything. I completely missed your name when sign ups were happening, and then when I chose roles, I forgot about you. I'd already sent out roles to everyone else, so you got gypped when it came to that. Like I said... forever remorseful. But I'll write a really great death for you. Just to make it up to you. Guys, you wouldn't believe the number of times I had to edit my posts because I forgot about him. I don't know how either, because I fell prey, much like Mith, to his charisma and almost told him too much several times. Slap my wrist now... bad mod.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:23 AM   #218
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

TGWBS's rough draft lynching

He was swiftly caught and bound to the stretching apparatus. Inch by inch, the villagers lengthened his small frame.

"This was not" he screamed in agony, "the way I had envisioned reaching six feet!"

Not very long after, every organ had ruptured, save his skin, leaving TGWBS a rather lumpy, but tall, corpse.

His spirit floated gently upward, caught on an unfelt breeze. The pearlescent shadow grimaced at his broken shell. "Nice job." he muttered rebelliously.

"Aren't you supposed to be dead?" cried a villager.

"Actually, I think I'm getting better." he replied, floating with supreme unconcern toward the body still bound to the frame.

"No you're not... you'll be stone dead in a moment." As soon as it was said, the last recognizable traits of TGWBS's spirit fell away from his body with a resounding thud.

"Well..." he said. "In that case." And floated away forever.

------------------------------------------------

The italics are what I crossed out after narrating Gil-Galad's death. This was written before I assigned roles, which is why there's no mention of being a Sherriff in there. It would have been tweaked a little before posting, but that was my initial idea for his death.

Had the wolves gotten him, instead of the village doing it, they would have discovered his body attached to the whatchamayapsit in the morning.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:26 AM   #219
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Nice post Saurreg. By the way, if I had to pick a best player it would be you. The wolvery was just so difficult in this game.

I am happy to know that it was the wolves who killed me. Holby I figured out during that madcap half-hour before death. I'm just glad the villagers picked up on it. Well played; it was calculating and professional.

And Kath is even unluckier than I am in Werewolf games - Fact. I wish you well in the future, lass!

Fea, you already know what I think.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:30 AM   #220
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Several random items scrawled in my notebook

Firefoot was to be burned alive (of course, her feet would go first and be nicely wreathed in flame). The note I gave to Oromin was intially for Footie.

Lhuna, pre-role assignment, was to be attacked by a rabid raccoon. This was inspired by what I had planned to do to Kuruharan if he'd played. Kuru would have been attacked by rabid ferrits.

LMP was scheduled to go down in a "haze of gory" as per request from a while ago.

Quote:
blood washed the walls like some new-aged red paint.
Quote:
chunks of flesh decorated the mantle as well as the floor. If they hadn't known better, they'd assume that Trading Spaces had brought in Hilde for the job.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:41 AM   #221
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

The Hunter's Death (the blanks are her target)

"Oh excellent Lhuna, you're already here." said ___ to the slender and lovely frame leaning unconcernedly against a tree. "We went to your house, but all we found were a bunch of weapons and some dead animals with their heads displayed on your walls. Terribly odd decour, don't you think?"

Ignoring the pronounced lack of response, ___ continued to speak. "Oh good... here come more of us. Like I was saying, it's great to see you're okay. Bit quiter than usual though... And pale. Quite pale. Almost like a stuffed kill yourself!" ___ remarked with a laugh, slapping Lhuna jovially on the shoulder. Quite unexpectedly, Lhuna fell face forward onto the grass to reveal brutally torn clothes and long lines of scabbed over stitches down her bodily seams peeking out modestly from beneath. Immediately ____ suffered a massive cardiac episode and died.

---------------------------------

Of course, this would have been edited a bit, given whatever circumstances I felt needed to be included. I probably would have had the wolves show up at her house and then before showing anything happening, I'd continue on to morning, where her chosen prey would find the taxedermied body leaning against a tree and chat with it for awhile. This is, by far, my favorite death, even though it's still in it's rough stage, and I didn't get to use it.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:37 AM   #222
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I had meant to mention this earlier, but only remembered now. The term, "hung, drawn, and quartered", is borrowed from butchery. The 'hung' and 'quartered' part are obvious. What isn't so obvious, and Feanor must not have realized (i.e., goofed), is that "drawn" refers to the intestinal organs being "drawn" from the carcasse's middle. Thus, in "Braveheart", when William was being "drawn and quartered", which they couldn't show even on an R rated movie, all they could show was William wheezing "freedom!" without being able to support it with breath, because all his supportive innards had been removed. Otherwise, I think you got everything spot on, Fea.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:50 AM   #223
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
And Kath is even unluckier than I am in Werewolf games - Fact. I wish you well in the future, lass!
Thank you Eomer!

I loved TGWBS's death then Fea, granting his greatest wish in death.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:29 PM   #224
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
The note you had in my death was lines from a song, right? They sounded vaguely familiar (like I've seen them in a signature or something) but I have no idea where they're from. (I don't know much about music after 1975 or so )
Old 07-19-2005, 10:18 PM   #225
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgwbs
*stares in amazement* I learn new things everyday!

And that discovery revealed how much loudmouths you and morm really are.

Holby...why? Should I have said something along the lines of "Holby, you're finished" for you to kill me? You should have taken into consideration that I am a newbie...and fresh meat is always delish.

This part of Fea's post is particularly funny:
Quote:
It is now NIGHT. Holbytlass, send me the name of your spite-kill. Oro and Footie, send me a dream, pointless as it is. I suspect you will both dream of Morm. Lhuna, you should send me a name post haste. TGWBS and LMP, don't PM each other. Mormegil... remain pointlessly suspicious for a little while longer.
Where else in all the games have you seen something like this?

Fea, whatever happened to the Lhunacy part? But that was great. Especially the words slender and lovely frame - I had to laugh. You should have heard me. And Lhunartemis... I don't know if I should take it as a good thing or not that you so want to see me die.

By the way, methinks there should be a rule against deleting posts.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 07-19-2005 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:16 PM   #226
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! Speaking of Kath . . .

I've noticed that no Ranger survived in every game played with a Ranger so far.

Hmmm . . . is this a cursed role?
Old 07-19-2005, 11:46 PM   #227
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
By the way, methinks there should be a rule against deleting posts.

I couldn't agree more. I think edits are troublesome as well. Especially when you add content. If it's just to correct spelling or grammar that's fine, but if content is added often times I won't check back on the posts to see it they've been edited or not.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:58 PM   #228
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

morm, will you sign this petition, then? *hands morm a clipboard*
Old 07-20-2005, 12:08 AM   #229
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
morm, will you sign this petition, then? *hands morm a clipboard*

Of course though this is something probably best brought to the WWI board where general rules are spoken about.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:33 AM   #230
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Of course. After you sign this I'll bring it there.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:14 AM   #231
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Gil edited his post to add a vote for me, which I didn't see for a good few minutes. And let me tell you, that half-hour was hectic and confusing. There should be no editing and no deleting. Double-posting is not a problem in Werewolf games.

I loved my death, though. Profound fear of drowning indeed, eh tgwbs?
Old 07-20-2005, 06:24 AM   #232
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Actually, I don't recall you being that afraid of it the first time. Going to Ulmo and all that.

6 feet tall... wow! Would it even be possible to stretch somebody by a whole foot? I liked the death though.

Have you noticed that all the werewolves, in past games and this one, seem to be more interested in gore than in eating people?
Old 07-20-2005, 07:30 AM   #233
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Have you noticed that all the werewolves, in past games and this one, seem to be more interested in gore than in eating people?
I think that has more to do with moderating whims than it does wolf taste. And besides... it all evened out in the end when you guys got to sample Holby-kabobs. Those weren't in other games, now were they?

Lhuna: the rabid raccoons? You were going to be foaming at the mouth, running around screaming, terrified of water, acting all around weird... and nobody was going to know there was anything wrong for quite some time. After that, you would drop dead and people would be left to wonder which symptoms belonged to rabies and which belonged to your Lhunacy. Yes, I know... rabies doesn't work that fast. But there were a lot of raccoons and they were maltempered. They got her but good.

Mormegil: I haven't been feeling quite up to par the past few days, but once I'm back to myself, I'll get a death up for you.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:52 AM   #234
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
Gil edited his post to add a vote for me, which I didn't see for a good few minutes. And let me tell you, that half-hour was hectic and confusing. There should be no editing and no deleting. Double-posting is not a problem in Werewolf games.

My sense is that Gil has effectivley excused (banned may be too strong a word) himself from future Werewolf games. More's the pity. One wonders what was really going on... Poor guy.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:31 AM   #235
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
I've noticed that no Ranger survived in every game played with a Ranger so far.
That's likely because I've had that role twice now!
Old 07-20-2005, 10:38 AM   #236
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
My sense is that Gil has effectivley excused (banned may be too strong a word) himself from future Werewolf games. More's the pity. One wonders what was really going on... Poor guy.
Holby and I lost contact with him very soon after night 1. He did send me a PM but that was done in the "day" and so I disregarded it.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:03 AM   #237
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Due to personal circumstances, Gil was rendered unable to get onto his computer for more than ten minute stretches. We conversed for a bit after he died/resigned and he may or may not try again in a new game once things settle down. I wish him the best.

On more of a [retired] moderator's note: for the love of Eru, don't delete posts, and if you do, post a new one saying that you did, and why. Do not edit posts, just double. You wouldn't believe how hard that is to keep track of. Firefoot... luck be with you, because it's tough watching players screw up and not post to "nudge" them. I gave in in the very beginning when Holby reacted to my own death by saying "DON'T kill her because she reacted." Of course, she was a wolf, but I didn't want to see her go so fast for a bad reason. My explanation was entirely accurate; that death was written long before I assigned roles.

Also, I've noticed that it's a royal pain trying to keep tabs on what players are saying and where. In Game 5 (MM), a few people posted on the discussion thread. In Game 6 (my game), a few people did the same. That makes it tough on the Mod, and it makes it tough on the players.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:50 PM   #238
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
We have to watch our girlish figures, fur adds 10 pounds!

To LMP: cool! Thanks for using something I said as a sig, I assume you know it was all in the game and I don't really think your plan was stupid. Only cause I was a wolf!

And Eomer, I was really starting to feel bad that you hardly get to play, but I had to stay the course for my wolf-buddy, Gil.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:56 PM   #239
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

For the Bored

Shirriff Talk, Day Two (when do we get wolf talk? You did keep your PMs... right?)

Quote:
Told ya about Eomer.

Any plans today? I'm too overheated to care much, to be honest, but if you think of some sort of master plan be sure to let me know.

I don't think we should divulge any more info about why we came out. We need the wolves to kill us!
Quote:
Right, LMP, I’m going to analyze everybody in this post.

Firefoot
Gil-Galad
Holbytlass
Lhunardawen
Mormegil
Nilpaurion
Orominuialwen
Sauregg

Right. Three wolves. Two Seers – this is important One Seer knows who the other one is and knows of their innocence, as well as 3 dreams so far. That’s four people whose identities at least one Seer knows. Also, a Hunter and two innocents.

By tomorrow, that will be six people. I’m going to ask the Seers to openly declare themselves tomorrow, if I’m not around, you better! That way, we get 6 (maximum) people’s roles revealed to us, plus the wolves can only kill one Seer at Night, so the other Seer revealed a 7th role. Have you got that? The Seers must declare themselves on the morrow.

Right now. I’m apparently not going to analyze people yet. Too lazy, to be honest. I’ll do it later on today. But the above is important. If I die, remember it!
Quote:
Firefoot – Innocent. Liked my plan, later said she wouldn’t want to kill innocents. Thinks I’m innocent. Potential Seer. Voted G-G at a critical time – knew Eomer was innocent? Trying to save him?
Gil-Galad – Weird posts. Votes Eomer.
Holbytlass – Votes Eomer, clinching his death.
Lhunardawen – guilty? Defensive because I named her randomly! Jumped in voting for G-G.
Mormegil – voted G-G simply because G-G was being himself.
Nilpaurion – No posts to go on.
Orominuialwen – “Eomer, what is going on? You're behaving in a most bizzare fashion. I have a gut feeling that says you're innocent, but innocents who behave suspiciously tend to get themselves lynched. I think we all could do with some sort of explanation.” Makes me think she’s guilty. Gut feeling? She doesn’t post nearly enough. Doesn’t vote, too, staying under the radar.
Sauregg – not sure. Analytical, yes. He suspects Eomer, Kath, you. I’d say guilty. Votes Eomer, then claims he thought he was innocent! Doesn’t immediately believe we are Shirriffs.. Claims he killed Eomer because he thought he was a Shirriff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP
I hope you don't mind I went ahead and posted up a plan before consulting you. It seemed so obvious to me. I notice that you and I generally agree on the others. I'm suspicious of Oro, and might put her in the place of Gil, who might just be crybabying and that's all. Hard to say. Then again, it's that kind of behavior that gets one lynched, and if he was a werewolf, the other two would have warned him against that kind of posting. See if it keeps up or not. I think Morm's right about "if you don't have time to play, don't". Anyhow.....

Oh, apparenlty my computer's okay again, and it seems like it must have just been corrupted files and folders. What a relief! .... so far.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP
I hope you don't mind I went ahead and posted up a plan before consulting you. It seemed so obvious to me. I notice that you and I generally agree on the others. I'm suspicious of Oro, and might put her in the place of Gil, who might just be crybabying and that's all.
Not at all, good plan.

So, does your top three sort of resemble mine or not? 1) Saurreg, 2) Lhuna 3) Holbytlass, I think it was something like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP
I had Gil in place of Saur. I was very impressed with Saur's analysis on the first day; it showed that he's trying to apply what he learned from the phantom, who is most definitely no slouch. I'm leaning more toward Oro than Gil, but I really think we have two solids in Lhun and Holby. I'm willing to go with Saur if you're really strong on him/her (?).
Quote:
I seem to be the only one to pick up on Saurreg. If more people are confident of Holby, I'll switch to her. But that one post of Saurreg's - claiming she thought Eomer was a Shirriff which is why she voted for him - confused me. Freudian Slip, I think. Check it out, I'll post the link in an edit now.

I have the Seers as Firefoot and morm. I think morm will die tonight
Yes, Saurreg, I knew about you all along! Mwahaha!
Old 07-20-2005, 09:42 PM   #240
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Pipe What I should have posted on DAY 2.

I thought Gil was innocent, because our moddess said that all NIGHT duties were performed flawlessly.

I thought morm was a wolf, luring out the "Hunter" like that.

I was sure Oro was gifted. I thought she was the real Hunter.

I thought Saurreg was the original seer. I knew Firefoot was the Mytho-Seer.

Good thing I did not post this. I might have cause enough of a ruckus to get me lynched.

Wait, that's a good thing . . .